PDA

View Full Version : NBA What Ifs

Tg11
03-06-2019, 06:12 PM
- What if Grant Hill had never gotten injured?
- What if Penny Hardaway had never gotten injured and had stayed as an elite superstar?

- What if Greg Oden had stayed healthy and was the player he was in college, but transitioned that style of play into the NBA?

- What if Jordan had never retired the first time back in the 90s?

- What if Kobe had never been traded to the Lakers and had stayed with the Charlotte Hornets?

Chronz
03-06-2019, 07:49 PM
In a reality where only one of these what ifs happen per universe;

Hill and Tmac rule the East in the 2k era

Penny leads the Magic nowhere but has his jersey retired.

Oden transforms Portland in ways that Embiid did Philly but without Roy, they never win it all.

Kobe never plays for Charlotte under any scenario.

Tg11
03-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Or what if T Mac were to never ever get injured and stay healthy?

Or what if Dwight Howard never got injured and stayed healthy?

valade16
03-08-2019, 12:08 AM
What if Bill Walton hadn't gotten his career altering injury?
What if the Blazers didn't pass on MJ?
What if Sabonis was able to come over in his prime?
What if Sheed didn't get ejected for looking at the ref, G7 2000 WCF?
What if Oden didn't get hurt?
What if Roy didn't break down?

There are almost as many what-ifs for the Blazers as the rest of the league combined lol

dhopisthename
03-08-2019, 02:15 AM

There are almost as many what-ifs for the Blazers as the rest of the league combined lol

wow was that really game 7? I have seen that ejection quite a few times never realized it was game 7 of the 2000 playoffs

Hawkeye15
03-08-2019, 06:28 PM
What if the Wolves kept Ray Allen instead of trading him for Stephon Marbury?
What if the Wolves weren't caught signing Joe Smith illegally?
What if the Wolves took Steph Curry over Jonny Flynn?
What if I played hockey instead of basketball growing up and didn't have to deal with being a Wolves fan?

c.c.
03-09-2019, 01:51 AM
What if the Houston Rockets accepted the Ralph Sampson for Clyde Drexler & the 2nd pick in the 1984 Draft deal from the Trailblazers?

That deal would of teamed up The Dream, Drexler, and MJ. Both Olajuwon and Jordan was rookies. Drexler was in his second season.

basch152
03-09-2019, 02:17 AM
what if pistons draft wade

Chronz
03-09-2019, 06:16 AM
lol yall really just gonna post your own threads rather than answer his?

c.c.
03-09-2019, 02:48 PM

Lol yep! I love basketball but I only care about the Rockets.

If Houston lost the Rockets I would barely watch the NBA.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Yeah cause who gives a **** about what if's?

Tg11
03-10-2019, 01:03 PM
What if the Wolves kept Ray Allen instead of trading him for Stephon Marbury?
What if the Wolves weren't caught signing Joe Smith illegally?
What if the Wolves took Steph Curry over Jonny Flynn?
What if I played hockey instead of basketball growing up and didn't have to deal with being a Wolves fan?

I think Ray Allen as a Minnesota Timberwolf he and Garnett would have been a dynamic duo in Minnesota that's for sure. However, with Steph in Minnesota I think he would still be the great shooter that he is today but would Minnesota have titles right now? Hard to say but I doubt it. However, Steph would be playing with KAT and Wiggins so there's that.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2019, 11:35 AM
I think Ray Allen as a Minnesota Timberwolf he and Garnett would have been a dynamic duo in Minnesota that's for sure. However, with Steph in Minnesota I think he would still be the great shooter that he is today but would Minnesota have titles right now? Hard to say but I doubt it. However, Steph would be playing with KAT and Wiggins so there's that.

well, the 2009 draft could have set the Wolves up. They had Love, they could have drafted Curry, and DeRozan. The next year they took Trevor Booker and traded him immediately with the 23rd pick, they could have easily kept him.

Curry
DeRozan
Booker
Love

pretty decent start

Hawkeye15
03-11-2019, 11:38 AM
- What if Grant Hill had never gotten injured?
- What if Penny Hardaway had never gotten injured and had stayed as an elite superstar?

- What if Greg Oden had stayed healthy and was the player he was in college, but transitioned that style of play into the NBA?

- What if Jordan had never retired the first time back in the 90s?

- What if Kobe had never been traded to the Lakers and had stayed with the Charlotte Hornets?

- like Chronz said, he and Tmac may have had quite a run
- eh, Penny is overrated imo. Shaq leaves anyways, Penny has a HOF career with nothing to show for it
- Oden I am not sure. Defensive force, but not a franchise guy
- Bulls still lose to Orlando, tarnishing Jordan's perfect resume a bit
- Kobe would have sat out until traded. Forever.

Tg11
03-11-2019, 11:48 AM
what if pistons draft wade

Pistons would have won more titles with Wade because he would have played with Billups, Big Ben, Rasheed, Tayshaun and Richard Hamilton. That is a dynasty right there but then again Wade wouldn't fit into that starting lineup unless you trade either Tayshaun or Richard Hamilton.

Tg11
03-11-2019, 11:55 AM

- Bill Walton I think would have won a title with Portland

- I think Jordan would have still won rings regardless with Portland

- Sabonis coming over in his prime I think they could have contended in the West maybe even win a title

- Rasheed if he doesn't get ejected I still think the Blazers would have still lost to the Lakers

- Oden if he didn't get hurt and was completely healthy he would be probably one of the best big men in our game today...he would be as close to Shaq level type of impact as a player at the 5 position

- If Roy didn't break down...I think he would be one of the best 2 way players in the NBA but he would have eventually wanted out of Portland

R. Johnson#3
03-11-2019, 03:25 PM
What if T-Mac never left the Raptors. The year after he left was Vince and the bullies. Guys like Charles Oakley, JYD, Antonio Davis, Keon Clark. If you threw T-Mac on those teams then you could have seen VC/T-Mac vs Shaq/Kobe in the finals. Doubt we'd win though.

Tg11
03-11-2019, 05:37 PM
What if T-Mac never left the Raptors. The year after he left was Vince and the bullies. Guys like Charles Oakley, JYD, Antonio Davis, Keon Clark. If you threw T-Mac on those teams then you could have seen VC/T-Mac vs Shaq/Kobe in the finals. Doubt we'd win though.

If T Mac had never left and it was him & Vinsanity in Toronto but that core group of Oakley, Antonio Davis, Keon Clark, JYD, Mo Pete, etc. Toronto would have won a title or at least multiple

hidalgo
03-11-2019, 09:19 PM
i think the Bulls WOULD have won 9 straight(91-99), if Jordan had stayed, and they had either Rodman a year early in 95, or kept Horace Grant 1 more year then traded him for Rodman in 95 offseason

their big problem in the 95 playoffs was no true power forward, and Phil's rotation was all wrong, and a rusty Jordan. even if they didn't have Grant or Rodman, they could have beat the Magic with a rotaion like the 95'96 Bulls. but if Jordan stayed they'd almost certainly have kept Grant an extra season. so they'd win the 94 and 95 finals

then 1999 if everyone comes back they'd beat the Spurs in 6 maybe 7

they left 3 titles on the table. sucks

YAALREADYKNO
03-12-2019, 02:09 PM
What if the 07 Mavs didnít run into the Warriors in the 1st round? What if they had gotten the Lakers instead? 😢