PDA

View Full Version : Whatís wrong with the Warriors?

ewing
03-06-2019, 01:56 AM
Just got destroyed by the Celtics. I donít think they got it closer then 16 in the second half. They might not be the 1 seed this year. Boogie looks lost in defense. KD might have one foot out the door. Green canít throw ball in the ocean. Certainly not looking cut above. Is it chemistry, effort, complacency, what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nastynice
03-06-2019, 03:06 AM
Playoffs ain't started yet

Green's shooting is definitely an issue tho

Lakers + Giants
03-06-2019, 04:53 AM
They're bored. Waiting til the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
03-06-2019, 05:08 AM
Durant can only do so much... Curry cant defend at all... green cant shoot at all or do anything on offense and cousins looks lost on defense.

JAZZNC
03-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Has Cousins ever not looked lost on defense?

ewing
03-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Has Cousins ever not looked lost on defense?

Honestly he is lost in both sides

Scoots
03-06-2019, 09:56 AM
They are paper thin and they don't really care right now.

Vee-Rex
03-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Bored, not caring as much. Also integrating Cousins isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

I'm not gonna pretend that this isn't a big deal, but generally the playoffs will show the truth. They'll be dominant in the playoffs.

We do this every year though so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Htownballa1622
03-06-2019, 10:22 AM
They don't have enough all stars. How are they supposed to beat everyone without every all star? DUH

Don't worry. The 3 musketeers in my sig have their back come playoff time.

tredigs
03-06-2019, 10:41 AM
Just got destroyed by the Celtics. I donít think they got it closer then 16 in the second half. They might not be the 1 seed this year. Boogie looks lost in defense. KD might have one foot out the door. Green canít throw ball in the ocean. Certainly not looking cut above. Is it chemistry, effort, complacency, what?

They're sitting guys every night and are thin as is. Cousins is no All Star right now, and more importantly has not helped them on the floor. We'll see how that develops. KD has clearly disrupted team chemistry also, but most of these problems should be shelved once their season starts (they will be the West 1 seed and if not it will be Denver, who should not be a concern). The Bucks and Raptors are a concern though. The Rockets at 100% as well. I would be lying if there wasn't a sprinkle if 2004 Lakers with this team, but I still like their chances.

Hawkeye15
03-06-2019, 11:38 AM
bored. I imagine they go around 16-6 in the playoffs this year.

Chronz
03-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Like I said from the beginning, Cousins chose the absolute worst place to rehab his value. Best case scenario nobody would give a **** considering how little they need him, worst case scenario, he holds them back and can't even replace the likes of Zaza for them. Lol, maybe he's still hobbled but he was never great defensively and that weakness is exposed more on a team that has had so much success without you. It's jarring watching them defend with vs without him

ewing
03-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Like I said from the beginning, Cousins chose the absolute worst place to rehab his value. Best case scenario nobody would give a **** considering how little they need him, worst case scenario, he holds them back and can't even replace the likes of Zaza for them. Lol, maybe he's still hobbled but he was never great defensively and that weakness is exposed more on a team that has had so much success without you. It's jarring watching them defend with vs without him

The thing about Cousins is he is not very good. Putting him in a position where he doesn't have the ball all the time b/c the team actually has good player doesn't allow him to hide behind counting stats. He has some rare qualities that allow him to put up big numbers on a bad team will let him have impact nights but overall he's a kind of a putz

Hawkeye15
03-06-2019, 01:08 PM
The thing about Cousins is he is not very good. Putting him in a position where he doesn't have the ball all the time b/c the team actually has good player doesn't allow him to hide behind counting stats

Kevin Love is the same ****. Lot's a guys get overrated due to individual stats on bad teams, but their true value is shown when they are surrounded by more talent. Points, rebounds, and stats are great, but they don't show what kind of player you can be overall.

ewing
03-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Kevin Love is the same ****. Lot's a guys get overrated due to individual stats on bad teams, but their true value is shown when they are surrounded by more talent. Points, rebounds, and stats are great, but they don't show what kind of player you can be overall.

Love is a support on a real team but at least he is a pretty good one. Cousins will never not think he is a superstar. If he could not kill you defensively and spend a lot more time crushing the offensive glass, setting screens, etc GS would be a lot better off

Hawkeye15
03-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Love is a support on a real team but at least he is a pretty good one. Cousins will never not think he is a superstar. If he could not kill you defensively and spend a lot more time crushing the offensive glass, setting screens, etc GS would be a lot better off

no doubt man. I mean more so that just adding names doesn't always mean results. We see it all the time.

Cousins, is a cancer imo. Dude is a loser, and will never play nice. There is a reason he fell in his draft. All that talent, but a tude like Rasheed on roids.

Driven
03-06-2019, 01:40 PM
I agree that the Warriors struggles are largely irrelevant. Itís not playoff time. I am concerned with Cousins though.

TakeYourL
03-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Imo cousins earned a lot more bench time that game. He just doesn't fit, and is a mental midgit.

It will be very interesting to see what team wants him and what he gets paid in the off season.

My Knicks are the favorite to make this mistake for sure.

Kyrie + Cousins, yep, we're screwed....

Vee-Rex
03-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Imo cousins earned a lot more bench time that game. He just doesn't fit, and is a mental midgit.

It will be very interesting to see what team wants him and what he gets paid in the off season.

Given the state of that franchise I'm not sure how you would be opposed to adding Kyrie and DMC.

TakeYourL
03-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Given the state of that franchise I'm not sure how you would be opposed to adding Kyrie and DMC.

I don't like players with bad loser attitudes except Marbury.

Vee-Rex
03-06-2019, 06:19 PM
I don't like players with bad loser attitudes except Marbury.

Marbury had a great, winning attitude. He was just terribly misunderstood.

ewing
03-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Marbury had a great, winning attitude. He was just terribly misunderstood.

And he wasnít good at basketball

Heediot
03-06-2019, 06:51 PM
And he wasnít good at basketball

he was good at balling, just not balling within a team context. that's where I can see the kyrie comparisons, but kyrie at least tries to be more of a team player.

ewing
03-06-2019, 07:23 PM
he was good at balling, just not balling within a team context. that's where I can see the kyrie comparisons, but kyrie at least tries to be more of a team player.

he was good at certain facets of the game but he wasn't a good NBA player. He generally had a negative effect on the teams he played for. That's not b/c of his attitude. It's b/c of what he did on the basketball floor

tredigs
03-06-2019, 07:36 PM
In summation, Steph Marbury is what's wring with the Warriors.

We knocked it out of the park again boys. On to the next case to solve!

Foles9MVP
03-06-2019, 08:13 PM
They're just playing with us. What until the playoffs come.

Saddletramp
03-06-2019, 08:27 PM

Idiot should have taken that 2 year $40 million deal he was offered. He could grow his market value up a lot easier in NO where the pressure is off of him and his team.

JAZZNC
03-06-2019, 08:30 PM
The thing about Cousins is he is not very good. Putting him in a position where he doesn't have the ball all the time b/c the team actually has good player doesn't allow him to hide behind counting stats. He has some rare qualities that allow him to put up big numbers on a bad team will let him have impact nights but overall he's a kind of a putz

This. He is one of the laziest, lowest IQ players in the league. But he has incredible physical gifts so he can put up the counting stats. But he simply put doesn't play winning basketball. The kinda guy you really don't want on your team under any circumstances. It's not a coincidence that the Pelicans were better without him last year.

Vee-Rex
03-06-2019, 08:58 PM
This. He is one of the laziest, lowest IQ players in the league. But he has incredible physical gifts so he can put up the counting stats. But he simply put doesn't play winning basketball. The kinda guy you really don't want on your team under any circumstances. It's not a coincidence that the Pelicans were better without him last year.

Should be out of the league, right? Maybe he should be in the G-League but I don't know, those teams might be better without him.

CityofTreez
03-06-2019, 09:06 PM

We got rid of Cousins and now weíre winning in Sac lol
Thereís more than enough proof

ewing
03-06-2019, 09:06 PM

He is mentally weak and it shows up in his game. He has been in foul trouble in just about every game Iíve watched this year and Iíd say at least 50% of his fouls look like frustration fouls. Jesus, teams are going to try to get you in spots where they can attack you and you going to get beat bc of that but donít just get pissed and start grabbing and pushing people. I remember a game where Langston Galloway got lit up by Kemba when he was on the Knicks. Now Langston is a good defender but he couldnít stop him and Kemba just kept taking it at him. Langston never gave up on his principles and wound up forcing a TO and getting miss on a hard shot in two big possessions. The Knicks actually won a game and even though he got lit up Galloway deserved credit. Thatís not the type of basketball Cousins plays

ewing
03-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Should be out of the league, right? Maybe he should be in the G-League but I don't know, those teams might be better without him.

I wouldnít go that far but GS would be better off if they signed Marcin Gortat

COOLbeans
03-06-2019, 11:30 PM
They should trade Durant for a huge haul of players. Possibly to the Celtics, Phila, Washington, Toronto, Phila or the Clippers.

If he goes to Washington, the Warriors get Beal and others and Thompson plays the 3. Durant is winey and not TEAM CHEMISTRY cohesive IMO

Letís not waste Curry, Thompson and Green. If they lose this year this is all on Durant. They did it without him

COOLbeans
03-06-2019, 11:35 PM
no doubt man. I mean more so that just adding names doesn't always mean results. We see it all the time.

Cousins, is a cancer imo. Dude is a loser, and will never play nice. There is a reason he fell in his draft. All that talent, but a tude like Rasheed on roids.

The Rasheed Wallace reference is confusing AF. Heís a hell of a basketball player lol.

And watching all of Boogies games, heís no slouch and I want him on my team

Scoots
03-07-2019, 12:53 AM
Cousins has actually been okay ... considering it's his first year back from an ACL. He's getting better game by game, but it's going to take a while to adjust his post game for his reduced explosion, and his defense is always going to suffer from his limited foot speed.

But he's better than Gortat and Pachulia. I think the Warriors would potentially be in much better shape if Damian Jones didn't get lost for the season.

Giannis94
03-07-2019, 07:11 AM
I posted this exact same thread in November or December and people called me a troll. Maybe this is just what the warriors are and that I'm smarter than everyone else on here

Also the bulls just beat Philly last night. Someone go post thread?

Driven
03-07-2019, 09:04 AM
I posted this exact same thread in November or December and people called me a troll. Maybe this is just what the warriors are and that I'm smarter than everyone else on here

Or maybe you were just being a troll.

Your thread was "Should the Warriors have a fire-sale?". If you made that thread again today, it would still be a troll thread.

ewing
03-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Cousins has actually been okay ... considering it's his first year back from an ACL. He's getting better game by game, but it's going to take a while to adjust his post game for his reduced explosion, and his defense is always going to suffer from his limited foot speed.

But he's better than Gortat and Pachulia. I think the Warriors would potentially be in much better shape if Damian Jones didn't get lost for the season.

I disagree. I think if the inmates and star agents weren't running the asylum to an extent Marcin would take his spot and you would be better off. Still, I'm sure he will have one big playoff game and people will go "see he's great"

Hawkeye15
03-07-2019, 10:36 AM
The Rasheed Wallace reference is confusing AF. Heís a hell of a basketball player lol.

Think how good Rasheed would have been if he were stable. Think how good Cousins could be if he were stable. Cousins is basically just a far worse example though, that is all.

TakeYourL
03-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Think how good Rasheed would have been if he were stable. Think how good Cousins could be if he were stable. Cousins is basically just a far worse example though, that is all.

Sheed got it together once he got to Detroit though, he was the missing piece for that team, and maybe one of the best NBA deadline trades in the history of the NBA.

Cousins doesn't look remotely ready to contribute in that way to a team.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Sheed got it together once he got to Detroit though, he was the missing piece for that team, and maybe one of the best NBA deadline trades in the history of the NBA.

Cousins doesn't look remotely ready to contribute in that way to a team.

Cousins is also youngish, and he will either learn it's not all about him or he won't.

Rasheed was simply an example of what the brain can do to limit the body. Rasheed could have been a top 2-3 PF ever if not for his attitude. Cousins could be so much better man, but will he?

Chronz
03-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Yeah idk about that one either, both had attitude problems but sheed was like the anti boogie mentally, in that his coaches wanted him to be more assertive, to want to be the man but sheed was cool letting pippen lead and just wanted to contribute without the pressure of carrying a squad and tbh, I think he was in the right. He had a decent skill set and an unblockable turn around but he was never particularly dominant efficiency wise. He fit right into the Detroit culture because he was one of the guys, he propelled them to a championship level and instantly made them the most complete defensive team I've ever seen. Even in his final days he was the perfect big to defend the likes of Dwight or Duncan.

Whereas cousins wants to be the man despite so many wanting him to tone it down, unlike sheed there's a real argument that he's brought a championship level team down a peg.

So yeah, anti sheed. Both are just hot heads but unlike cousins, I actually think sheed played better after a technical whereas cousins kind of skulked or played out of control. One's a winner the other is a loser, idc if cousins gets a ring, he's still a loser. Just like KD hasn't proven ****, neither will cousins in GS

ewing
03-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Can't beat the Hawks!

Hawkeye15
03-11-2019, 12:18 PM
He is mentally weak and it shows up in his game. He has been in foul trouble in just about every game Iíve watched this year and Iíd say at least 50% of his fouls look like frustration fouls. Jesus, teams are going to try to get you in spots where they can attack you and you going to get beat bc of that but donít just get pissed and start grabbing and pushing people. I remember a game where Langston Galloway got lit up by Kemba when he was on the Knicks. Now Langston is a good defender but he couldnít stop him and Kemba just kept taking it at him. Langston never gave up on his principles and wound up forcing a TO and getting miss on a hard shot in two big possessions. The Knicks actually won a game and even though he got lit up Galloway deserved credit. Thatís not the type of basketball Cousins plays

yep, I don't trust Cousins at all come playoffs. His immaturity will shine.

ewing
03-11-2019, 12:35 PM
yep, I don't trust Cousins at all come playoffs. His immaturity will shine.

That one stop you get might win the game and that one frustration foul you give might lose it

Tg11
03-11-2019, 01:42 PM
It is not playoffs right now so why should they be worried

R. Johnson#3
03-11-2019, 03:14 PM
I can't wait until the playoffs start and it only gets worse. Boogie is poison.

Saddletramp
03-13-2019, 05:49 AM
Apparently Kerr said during a game that he is tired of Draymondís BS, too. If nothing else, maybe Green decides to split next year before they inevitably slow down.

TrueFan420
03-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Apparently Kerr said during a game that he is tired of Draymondís BS, too. If nothing else, maybe Green decides to split next year before they inevitably slow down.

Of all the players I think heís gone. KD roll the dice. Klay will be back. Green wonít get the max heís going to want and leaves. Heís gone from integral to stagnate as a player. His defense is great but he can space any more and his vision is great but he gets larger passing lanes because of the spacing Curry/Klay provide.