PDA

View Full Version : Which teams in the NBA should relocate?

Tg11
02-28-2019, 10:01 AM
The teams who I feel should relocate from the current cities they are in are:

1- Memphis Grizzlies; moving from Memphis and are relocated to one of Canada's largest cities besides Toronto and that is Montreal. I will tell you why? Montreal not only has the financial means to support an NBA team but they also have an NHL team with a rich history (Canadiens). Plus Montreal is not just a hockey city, it is also becoming a basketball city now too with all ballers coming out of Montreal now. Besides in Montreal they would probably sell out more games over there than in Memphis.

2- Sacramento Kings; moving from Sacramento and relocating to Las Vegas. Another reason being that Vegas already has an NHL team (Golden Knights) and an NFL team with the Raiders moving from Oakland to Vegas. Why can't Vegas support an NBA team as well? Besides California has enough teams anyway so which is why by the Kings moving to Vegas...geographically it still works out because they would be in the Phoenix-LA vicinity on the West Coast.

3- New Orleans Pelicans moving away from New Orleans and relocating to Seattle; Seattle gets a second chance to have an NBA team. Sonics are back in the NBA and with that happening you could actually have sell out games but also Seattle has a new arena and an NHL team coming to them by way of expansion. They have an MLB team as well (Mariners) so why can't they support an NBA team as well?

Lakers + Giants
02-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Clippers

Oefarmy2005
02-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Lakers.

Tg11
02-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Clippers

Clippers...then where would you move them to?

cmellofan15
02-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Clippers

The clippers have been the better team the better part of a decade....I think they're fine lol

ewing
02-28-2019, 12:49 PM
The Knicks should move to Siberia

Tg11
02-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Brooklyn is another team who should relocate and as for where they should relocate: either back to New Jersey or they move to St. Louis

valade16
02-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Neither the Los Angeles Clippers or Brooklyn Nets should relocate.

The Nets are the 6th most valuable NBA Franchise at 2.3 Billion. The Clippers are 9th at 2.2 Billion.

Even being the lesser team in a market as huge as NY or LA makes them more valuable than being the undisputed team in a small market.

The least valuable NBA teams are:

Memphis
New Orleans
Charlotte
Minnesota
Detroit
Cleveland

All of them are worth less than $1.3 Billion (Atlanta, Orlando, Milwaukee, and Denver are worth around $1.3 Billion).

If any team is going to relocate, it will be one of those.

Chronz
02-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Clippers

Learn bigger brain

gtr357
02-28-2019, 01:54 PM
Wizards..to St Louis Missouri. Cuz my 2k team had both Parker and Portis on it but I still lost. Or should I say the game cheated 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Tg11
02-28-2019, 03:21 PM
I would definitely move the Wizards away from Washington

bucketss
02-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Brooklyn is another team who should relocate and as for where they should relocate: either back to New Jersey or they move to St. Louis

why would they move from a much better market?

Tg11
02-28-2019, 06:07 PM
why would they move from a much better market?

Brooklyn is not a better market compared to Jersey or even St Louis

c.c.
03-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Brooklyn is not a better market compared to Jersey or even St Louis

Iím not sure about Jersey but Brooklyn market compared to St. Louis isnít even debatable.

lakers squad
03-01-2019, 04:16 AM
The Clippers!😆

More-Than-Most
03-01-2019, 06:04 AM
Pitt/Seattle/Another texas team/Nashville and another place in canada... In fact id try to make 2 more canada teams so youd have 3 and could simply things in terms of travel with a 3 game trip up there. My personal fav would be vegas.

Get rid of a few of these **** teams like the pelicans or the celtics : )

TylerSL
03-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Neither the Los Angeles Clippers or Brooklyn Nets should relocate.

The Nets are the 6th most valuable NBA Franchise at 2.3 Billion. The Clippers are 9th at 2.2 Billion.

Even being the lesser team in a market as huge as NY or LA makes them more valuable than being the undisputed team in a small market.

The least valuable NBA teams are:

Memphis
New Orleans
Charlotte
Minnesota
Detroit
Cleveland

All of them are worth less than $1.3 Billion (Atlanta, Orlando, Milwaukee, and Denver are worth around $1.3 Billion).

If any team is going to relocate, it will be one of those.

The Clippers should not leave Los Angeles, but they should get out the Staples Center. They really have no business there as they have won nothing in their history while the Lakers are the most historic franchise in league history, with the bulk of their accomplishments having occurred while they played in that building. The Staples Centers is the home of the Lakers, the Clippers have no relevant history at the Staples Center and should want their own building for when they do win something. The Lakers will forever overshadow them while they share a stadium.

As for the lower valuable teams, I would suggest relocating Memphis, Minnesota, or Cleveland. The Grizzlies have already relocated from Vancouver and have only a few playoff appearances while in Memphis. The Timberwolves were a true title contender for one season in KG's prime, otherwise they have been abysmal. People only know the Cavaliers because that's where Lebron played most of his career. Save the Cavs during Lebron's tenure, none of these teams have done anything meaningful in their history. One or all could go IMO. Replace them with franchises in Seattle, the Baltimore/Pittsburgh area, and possibly another Canadian team.

Giannis94
03-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Why should brooklyn relocate? They finally have a franchise player.

Wrigheyes4MVP
03-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Milwaukee

Giannis94
03-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Milwaukee

Golden st more likely. Milwaukee has a direct path to contention for the next 4 years. GSW? Not so much.

Tg11
03-01-2019, 07:47 PM
If you want to relocate the Clippers then why not move them to San Diego?

aman_13
03-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Golden st more likely. Milwaukee has a direct path to contention for the next 4 years. GSW? Not so much.

Contention you say? Yeah i agree with that.

GREATNESS ONE
03-01-2019, 08:25 PM

they will forever be in the Lakers shadow in LA... they were winngin while we were losing and it's still a Lakers town.... really should move them. Las Vegas would be a great fit.

GREATNESS ONE
03-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Pelicans should not only move but change ownership.

we need the Super Sonics back!!!

Tg11
03-02-2019, 02:25 AM
Which is why I suggested Pelicans either move to Seattle and become the Sonics in Washington creates instant rivalry with the Wizards or they can move to Pittsburgh; in Pittsburgh they can share an arena with the NHL Penguins

Chronz
03-02-2019, 02:41 AM

Cuz its LA and the other is San Diego

Chronz
03-02-2019, 02:42 AM
they will forever be in the Lakers shadow in LA... they were winngin while we were losing and it's still a Lakers town.... really should move them. Las Vegas would be a great fit.
Nobody gives a ****. Hence why there's talk of players choosing LAC over the Lakers.

Giannis94
03-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Contention you say? Yeah i agree with that.
I was largely hinting at the impending departures in gsw the next few years. Kd, klay, far and boogie. I say kd and possibly klay are mke bound

Tg11
03-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Grizzlies need to get the hell out of Memphis

GREATNESS ONE
03-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Nobody gives a ****. Hence why there's talk of players choosing LAC over the Lakers.

Talk is cheap! Letís see it happen. :)

Mr.B
03-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Whichever team moves we need to see the Seattle SuperSonics back in the NBA.

Tg11
03-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Whichever team moves we need to see the Seattle SuperSonics back in the NBA.

Yes that we do and I would have the Clippers or Pelicans more so the Pelicans moving to Seattle

GREATNESS ONE
03-03-2019, 04:04 PM
100% Pelicans to Seattle and Clippers to Vegas makes all the sense, own city, value of franchise is retained, Vegas is a Basketball town...

Tg11
03-03-2019, 07:44 PM
100% Pelicans to Seattle and Clippers to Vegas makes all the sense, own city, value of franchise is retained, Vegas is a Basketball town...

Moving the Clippers to Vegas I can agree with that and Pelicans to Seattle I really agree

Driven
03-03-2019, 08:00 PM
The Clippers should not leave Los Angeles, but they should get out the Staples Center. They really have no business there as they have won nothing in their history while the Lakers are the most historic franchise in league history, with the bulk of their accomplishments having occurred while they played in that building. The Staples Centers is the home of the Lakers, the Clippers have no relevant history at the Staples Center and should want their own building for when they do win something. The Lakers will forever overshadow them while they share a stadium.

As for the lower valuable teams, I would suggest relocating Memphis, Minnesota, or Cleveland. The Grizzlies have already relocated from Vancouver and have only a few playoff appearances while in Memphis. The Timberwolves were a true title contender for one season in KG's prime, otherwise they have been abysmal. People only know the Cavaliers because that's where Lebron played most of his career. Save the Cavs during Lebron's tenure, none of these teams have done anything meaningful in their history. One or all could go IMO. Replace them with franchises in Seattle, the Baltimore/Pittsburgh area, and possibly another Canadian team.

I've thought about Baltimore before. It's not near Pittsburgh at all. But it's likely too close to DC. Also the arena in Baltimore is awful. I don't think Pittsburgh would be big enough to support a basketball team. I don't see how it would be any better than Cleveland. If you want to move to a city in that general region, what about Columbus?

Tg11
03-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Or they can always move the Grizzlies to St Louis