Warriors (1) vs Clippers (8)
Nuggets (2) vs Spurs (7)
Thunder (3) vs Jazz (6) rematch
Trail Blazers (4) vs Rockets (5)

A lot of intriguing match possibilities

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Na, No Lakers, No Lebron.

Lakers are 3games out of 6/7/8 spot. Long way to go, letís see it unfold.

Tg11
02-23-2019, 02:41 PM
If Lakers didn't make it it would be funny as hell to not see LeBron at all in the playoffs

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2019, 02:47 PM
If Lakers didn't make it it would be funny as hell to not see LeBron at all in the playoffs

Ok

Cal827
02-23-2019, 03:14 PM
After the game last night, who doesn't want to see more of Utah-OKC :laugh2:

On the East side, it'll probably not happen as I can't see Indiana holding onto that spot for that long, but Indiana-Nets would be pretty interesting too (along with the obvious Philly-Boston).

Also, Denver would be the ideal opponent for the Spurs... They're very good, but they're a young team, and Pop has had fun against young teams with their first shots in the playoffs :laugh2:

TakeYourL
02-23-2019, 03:38 PM

If bron wants to be there he will, we already saw what refs willing to do to make sure he gets his playoff spot.

Foles9MVP
02-23-2019, 04:25 PM
Looks like weíll forget about home court as weíre playing like **** right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2019, 04:35 PM
If bron wants to be there he will, we already saw what refs willing to do to make sure he gets his playoff spot.

:facepalm:

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2019, 04:38 PM

On the East side, it'll probably not happen as I can't see Indiana holding onto that spot for that long, but Indiana-Nets would be pretty interesting too (along with the obvious Philly-Boston).

Also, Denver would be the ideal opponent for the Spurs... They're very good, but they're a young team, and Pop has had fun against young teams with their first shots in the playoffs :laugh2:

Denver would be ideal for the Lakers... they already hate each other... agreed with OKC va Utah please but Nets vs Indiana will have the lowest ratings easily.

Tg11
02-23-2019, 05:29 PM
Hornets/Raptors as a playoff series...Toronto would be able to breeze through Charlotte and then go on to 2nd round but they would most likely run into Pacers or Nets which would be a great playoff series

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2019, 06:29 PM
Sorry but Pacers w/o Oladipo and Nets? :puke:

goingfor28
02-23-2019, 06:36 PM
Rd 1 needs to go back to best of 5. I'd be in favor of rd 2 also being that way. There is zero reason the NBA playoffs should be a 3 month event.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tg11
02-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Lakers won't make the playoffs but they will be lucky if they do and even if they do if they get 8th seed just barely then the Warriors are sweeping LeBron and the youngins; or if Lakers get 7th and face Denver u guys are going out to the Joker, Murray, Harris, IT, Millsap, etc the Nuggets are actually stacked in terms of depth and in a playoff series against Golden State or Denver...Lakers don't stand a chance in either series...against Golden State that is an L regardless and against the Nuggets you guys would lose in 5 or 6 games tops

IndyRealist
02-23-2019, 06:47 PM

Indiana's played 23 games this season without Oladipo, of which they are 14-9. I've been waiting for the Sixers to overtake them for a month and it hasn't happened. As long as Turner doesn't miss more than a couple of games (hip bruise), Indy's probably in the driver's seat for #3.

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Lakers won't make the playoffs but they will be lucky if they do and even if they do if they get 8th seed just barely then the Warriors are sweeping LeBron and the youngins; or if Lakers get 7th and face Denver u guys are going out to the Joker, Murray, Harris, IT, Millsap, etc the Nuggets are actually stacked in terms of depth and in a playoff series against Golden State or Denver...Lakers don't stand a chance in either series...against Golden State that is an L regardless and against the Nuggets you guys would lose in 5 or 6 games tops

Bet you Lakers make the playoffs?

TrueFan420
02-23-2019, 07:46 PM
Rd 1 needs to go back to best of 5. I'd be in favor of rd 2 also being that way. There is zero reason the NBA playoffs should be a 3 month event.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I can name 1 reason... itís kind of a big one. Money.

Scoots
02-23-2019, 08:30 PM
I don't know if LeBron wants more to make the playoffs or to miss the playoffs. We'll see in the next few weeks.

Bostonjorge
02-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Sixers or Celtics would lose games to get the Pacers in the first round. Bucks did it last year when they wanted the Celtics in the first round.

ewing
02-23-2019, 11:29 PM

The Laker will make the playoffs unless LeBron quits on the team. If he doesnít he will put up a hell of an effort and get as much support as the league can give with out being clearly corrupt

ewing
02-24-2019, 01:57 AM
I don't know if LeBron wants more to make the playoffs or to miss the playoffs. We'll see in the next few weeks.

He wants to make it. He has had a bailing point before but donít since he returned to Cleveland. I the only difference he didnít succeed in trading his whole team

tp13baby
02-24-2019, 12:50 PM
Denver would be ideal for the Lakers... they already hate each other... agreed with OKC va Utah please but Nets vs Indiana will have the lowest ratings easily.

Denver doesnít hate LA. Yíall LA fans making a big deal out of Murray clowning Ball.

I prefer not to play the spurs. Overall a fairly deep team, and smart.

Heediot
02-24-2019, 01:55 PM
Denver doesnít hate LA. Yíall LA fans making a big deal out of Murray clowning Ball.

The funny things is, every other year people question the spurs depth after certain departures. But with Pop running things, he always finds a way to churn out a productive bench.

tp13baby
02-24-2019, 09:25 PM
The funny things is, every other year people question the spurs depth after certain departures. But with Pop running things, he always finds a way to churn out a productive bench.

Well Denverís weakness also is guarding the 3 point line. The Spurs are the best shooting 3 point team in the league.

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2019, 02:14 AM

Well the players hate each other, I donít have any problem with you :D

You canít lie that would be a extremely good matchup especially with both teams healthy... :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2019, 02:19 AM
Best possible outcome

1-GSW
2- Den
3-OKC
4-Houston
5-Portland
6-Utah
7-Lakers
8-Kings

Give me...

Warriors vs Kings
Rockets vs Portland
>
OKC vs Utah
Nugget vs Lakers

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2019, 02:19 AM
Best possible outcome in the East is having the final 4 be

Raptors
Bucks
76ers
Celtics

Tg11
02-25-2019, 09:46 AM
More like the outcome will be Lakers getting that 8th spot because there's no way they get 7th in the West

Scoots
02-25-2019, 10:58 AM
More like the outcome will be Lakers getting that 8th spot because there's no way they get 7th in the West

They are 3 games back from 8th and 3 games back from 7th ... why is there "no way" they can end up 7th? I think it will be an uphill challenge to make the playoffs at all, but it's not like 7th is a much bigger issue than 8th at the moment.

Scoots
02-25-2019, 11:00 AM
The bottom 4 teams in the West are tanking now, that's going to help make a mess of the middle 6 teams in the West and how they finish.

20ish games left.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-25-2019, 11:14 AM
Best possible outcome

1-GSW
2- Den
3-OKC
4-Houston
5-Portland
6-Utah
7-Lakers
8-Kings

Give me...

Warriors vs Kings
Rockets vs Portland
>
OKC vs Utah
Nugget vs Lakers

I agree. That would be the most fun and entertaining set of matchups IMO.

I want to see the Lakers miss the playoffs though and I am a Kings fan so I prefer getting the 6 or 7 seed obviously, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I think those are the most intriguing matchups and would make for the best TV.

Tg11
02-25-2019, 11:15 AM
They are 3 games back from 8th and 3 games back from 7th ... why is there "no way" they can end up 7th? I think it will be an uphill challenge to make the playoffs at all, but it's not like 7th is a much bigger issue than 8th at the moment.

All I know is if the Lakers end up 8th and face the Warriors then Lakers are going out 1st round

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-25-2019, 11:16 AM
The bottom 4 teams in the West are tanking now, that's going to help make a mess of the middle 6 teams in the West and how they finish.

20ish games left.

Somebody needs to tell the Pelicans players not named AD that they are supposed to be tanking right now.

Tg11
02-25-2019, 11:18 AM
Somebody needs to tell the Pelicans players not named AD that they are supposed to be tanking right now.

Makes me wonder if the Pelicans are trying to make a playoff push

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-25-2019, 11:20 AM

Huh?

The 8th and 7th seeds right now are tied, so your comment makes very little sense. Hell, Utah is only one game up as the 6th seed.

I honestly think the Spurs and Clippers are vulnerable right now. Clippers because of the trade deadline they had and the fact that you'd have to think trading away Tobias will catch up with them at some point. They've also been steadily falling down the standings since the early part of the season when they came out hot. Spurs because they have not been playing well lately and honestly I don't love their roster. They just lost to the Knicks too and that can't happen at this time of the year. That's a bad sign for them. Two great coaches in Pop and Doc, but I don't lover either roster right now.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Makes me wonder if the Pelicans are trying to make a playoff push

Too far out.

What's happening is that guys like Randle, Holiday, etc still want to compete. Organization wants to tank, but the players out there still want to compete which isn't uncommon. But, they ain't making the playoffs.

IndyRealist
02-25-2019, 11:35 AM
The difference between 7th and 8rh is that for 8th, 2 of 3 teams have to falter in the last 20 game. For 7th, all 3 teams have to drop out. That's a substantial difference. It's not just about how many wins the Lakers can get in the rest of the season, but if the teams ahead of them are going to go on losing streaks.

Scoots
02-25-2019, 01:34 PM
The difference between 7th and 8rh is that for 8th, 2 of 3 teams have to falter in the last 20 game. For 7th, all 3 teams have to drop out. That's a substantial difference. It's not just about how many wins the Lakers can get in the rest of the season, but if the teams ahead of them are going to go on losing streaks.

While I understand what you are saying, the statement that it's impossible for the Lakers to finish 7th seems a reach.

IndyRealist
02-25-2019, 02:15 PM
While I understand what you are saying, the statement that it's impossible for the Lakers to finish 7th seems a reach.

Can the Lakers mathematically make #7? Yes. Would I bet money on it? Hell no. Given all the nonsense going on in LA, it's far more likely that the Lakers fail to move up at all than the Spurs, Kings, and Clippers all suddenly implode even MORE than the Lakers have.

They have 23 games left, if they go 16-7 which would be around their peak win % this year, the Spurs and Clippers would have to go 11-10 and the Kings 13-10 or worse for the Lakers to secure #7. ALL 3 have to happen, in addition to the Lakers having to play their best ball of the season.

If they Lakers play around .500, so 11-12, SAS and LAC need to go 7-14, AND the Kings 9-14. That's counting on 42 losses in like a month.

Scoots
02-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Can the Lakers mathematically make #7? Yes. Would I bet money on it? Hell no. Given all the nonsense going on in LA, it's far more likely that the Lakers fail to move up at all than the Spurs, Kings, and Clippers all suddenly implode even MORE than the Lakers have.

They have 23 games left, if they go 16-7 which would be around their peak win % this year, the Spurs and Clippers would have to go 11-10 and the Kings 13-10 or worse for the Lakers to secure #7. ALL 3 have to happen, in addition to the Lakers having to play their best ball of the season.

If they Lakers play around .500, so 11-12, SAS and LAC need to go 7-14, AND the Kings 9-14. That's counting on 42 losses in like a month.

But do you really think the difference in odds of them making 8th vs 7th is so large as to characterize it as impossible? Because that's the discussion. It's not about the Lakers making the playoffs at all, just the difference between them making it in 8th vs 7th.

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2019, 02:59 PM
I agree. That would be the most fun and entertaining set of matchups IMO.

I want to see the Lakers miss the playoffs though and I am a Kings fan so I prefer getting the 6 or 7 seed obviously, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I think those are the most intriguing matchups and would make for the best TV.

lol fair enough, yea those matchups would be fantastic! even the second round would be a lot of fun..

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2019, 03:02 PM
7th seed isn't a reach....also factor in we play the Clippers twice more and Kings once..

IndyRealist
02-25-2019, 03:19 PM
But do you really think the difference in odds of them making 8th vs 7th is so large as to characterize it as impossible? Because that's the discussion. It's not about the Lakers making the playoffs at all, just the difference between them making it in 8th vs 7th.

"More like the outcome will be Lakers getting that 8th spot because there's no way they get 7th in the West"

That's hyperbole. You'd have to have an agenda to read 'there's no way" as "mathematically impossible". ESPN gives them only a 5.8% chance of getting 8th. The odds of 7th are miniscule.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/BPI-Playoff-Odds/espn-nba-basketball-power-index-playoff-odds

Scoots
02-25-2019, 05:34 PM
"More like the outcome will be Lakers getting that 8th spot because there's no way they get 7th in the West"

That's hyperbole. You'd have to have an agenda to read 'there's no way" as "mathematically impossible". ESPN gives them only a 5.8% chance of getting 8th. The odds of 7th are miniscule.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/BPI-Playoff-Odds/espn-nba-basketball-power-index-playoff-odds

Well, the odds of the Lakers ending 7th are not listed on that link and the odds of the Wolves making the 8th spot from the 11th spot currently is 4.5%, and the Pels from the 12th spot are at 3%, so I don't know why the odds of the Lakers going up 4 spots would be far less than the Pels odds of going up 5 spots.

This has all gone too far ... my only point was that there is a chance the Lakers finish 7th because, based on current standings, there is not a large gap between those two teams at the moment. Obviously it's LESS likely they finish 7th, but I'd disagree that the difference between the odds of them finishing 8th and 7th are significant enough to be considered insurmountable.

Tg11
02-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Yeah even so the Lakers have a tough remaining schedule compared to other teams like the Kings, Clippers, Wolves and Pelicans

Scoots
02-25-2019, 10:12 PM
Yeah even so the Lakers have a tough remaining schedule compared to other teams like the Kings, Clippers, Wolves and Pelicans

Yes. Odds are heavy that they will miss the playoffs.

cmellofan15
02-26-2019, 12:51 AM
Impossible for the Lakers to make the 7th seed... They lost to the team that lost to the Cavs :laugh2:

Tg11
02-26-2019, 11:20 AM
Lakers lose to the Grizzlies yesterday so for the Lakers to turn it around and make the playoffs they have to win almost all their remaining games

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Montrezl Harrell... pure beast

Tg11
02-26-2019, 02:31 PM
Clippers will make the playoffs

tp13baby
02-26-2019, 11:23 PM
Clippers will make the playoffs

They are a tough team. Defensively they are good and force you into playing an ugly game. They donít have the scoring but they can make teams play ugly because they are gritty as hell.

tp13baby
02-26-2019, 11:26 PM
Well the players hate each other, I donít have any problem with you :D

You canít lie that would be a extremely good matchup especially with both teams healthy... :nod:

No I meant the players and Walton hate Murray. Murray gets under peopleís skin but in no way do I think we hate LA. There is more bad blood between Denver Portland/Jazz/OKC then LA.

Like I said the Lakers overreacted with Murray and now itís believed there is a rivalry or bad blood. There isnít.

Sanjay
02-27-2019, 12:54 AM

That link is ridiculous. It claims to use pre-season predictions and to be "one of the most accurate prediction models available", but says the Bucks have a 40% chance of winning the championship compared with the Warriors at 25%.

Also, the Suns have been eliminated from playoff contention so should be at 0% and if you have a <0.1% chance of making the playoffs how can you have a 0% chance of winning the title? Obviously it does not state it, but it clearly uses record to predict the champion. Betting odds are much better.

Sanjay
02-27-2019, 12:54 AM
Yes. Odds are heavy that they will miss the playoffs.

Tg11
02-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Toronto at this point have already clinched a playoff spot so have Milwaukee

Tg11
02-27-2019, 03:04 PM
Now with the standings changing the playoff picture would look like this

(1) Bucks vs (8) Hornets
(2) Raptors vs (7) Pistons
(3) Pacers vs (6) Nets
(4) 76ers vs (5) Celtics

(1) Warriors vs (8) Spurs
(2) Nuggets vs (7) Clippers
(3) Thunder vs (6) Jazz
(4) Trail Blazers vs (5) Rockets

Chronz
02-27-2019, 04:37 PM
Ratings will fall and continue to fall unless kd chokes or leaves

ewing
02-27-2019, 05:17 PM
Ratings will fall and continue to fall unless kd chokes or leaves

The Nets are the most entertaining team in the league. It'd be awesome if they came out the East then got swept by GS.

Chronz
02-27-2019, 06:10 PM
The Nets are the most entertaining team in the league. It'd be awesome if they came out the East then got swept by GS.

Most surprising Finalist since the 99 Knicks. Do they have a Ewing on their team that could get injured, making them way better?