PDA

View Full Version : 2020 NBA All Star Weekend

Tg11
02-17-2019, 08:26 PM
With next year's weekend being in Chicago...with it being the first time that it is there in over 30 plus years, what do you think the NBA can do to make next year's weekend better?

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 08:54 PM
............ just a tad bit early for this thread.. just a tad

IndyRealist
02-17-2019, 09:08 PM
Each of the 10 all star starters must compete in at least one event on Saturday: skills challenge, 3pt shot, or dunk contest. You can add additional events like HORSE or 3v3, but every starter must compete in something. If a player declines to compete, he is demoted to a reserve and another player is selected to start.

The rest of the field is filled with appropriate non-allstars as is done now.

Tg11
02-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Each of the 10 all star starters must compete in at least one event on Saturday: skills challenge, 3pt shot, or dunk contest. You can add additional events like HORSE or 3v3, but every starter must compete in something. If a player declines to compete, he is demoted to a reserve and another player is selected to start.

I think that's not only fair it is more than fair

Scoots
02-17-2019, 10:03 PM

I'd rather they were all excluded from other events.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-17-2019, 10:10 PM
As a Bulls fan living just 30 mins from the UC, all I know is I will be there.

Tg11
02-17-2019, 10:11 PM

Why would you want that?

Tg11
02-17-2019, 10:12 PM

For Chicagoans it has been a long time coming and I know Bulls legends like MJ, Pippen, Rodman will be in attendance

IndyRealist
02-17-2019, 10:16 PM

The allstar starters are the people fans want to see, hence voting for them. This weekend one the best moments was Joe Harris taking down Steph Curry. What no one wants to see is Diallo coasting through the final round playing it safe. Starters need motivation to participate, and making it a requirement to be a starter solves that. It 100% makes Saturday more interesting, and the NBA needs to put a better product out for what used to be a marquee event.

Scoots
02-17-2019, 10:29 PM
Why would you want that?

Let more people in.

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 10:34 PM

enjoy

Tg11
02-17-2019, 10:39 PM
The allstar starters are the people fans want to see, hence voting for them. This weekend one the best moments was Joe Harris taking down Steph Curry. What no one wants to see is Diallo coasting through the final round playing it safe. Starters need motivation to participate, and making it a requirement to be a starter solves that. It 100% makes Saturday more interesting, and the NBA needs to put a better product out for what used to be a marquee event.

I know right?

Foles9MVP
02-18-2019, 09:08 AM
I'm more of a football and baseball fan but do follow the Sixers but not the really the NBA as a whole as much as the other 2 sports. To answer your question though, I don't think they should do anything? I didn't think this past weekend was that bad. Everyone seems to be complaining about the dunk contest year after year and how bad it has gotten.

Tg11
02-18-2019, 02:51 PM
All I know is next year we need Zion in the Dunk Contest