02-15-2019, 01:02 PM
😈

Iron24th
02-15-2019, 01:02 PM
What a surprise...

This organization is pure trash.

dhopisthename
02-15-2019, 01:11 PM
maybe if they had done this sooner and gotten somebody better Davis might not want to leave.

kdspurman
02-15-2019, 01:16 PM

kdspurman
02-15-2019, 01:16 PM
maybe if they had done this sooner and gotten somebody better Davis might not want to leave.

Probably irrelevant once he signed with Klutch. Regardless who they got, LA was going to be where he wanted to be.

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 01:30 PM
What a dumbass.

dhopisthename
02-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Probably irrelevant once he signed with Klutch. Regardless who they got, LA was going to be where he wanted to be.

I don't remember when he signed, but I know that they had a ton of chances to get a much better roster then they have now. their entire roster makes zero sense in that they keep adding these PF and C's to anthony davis.

Switch
02-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Demps is the one looking like a fool now

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Chronz
02-15-2019, 02:23 PM
Maybe but even if so it only became his choice after they repeatedly failed. Negligence is what costs small markets. Had SAS fired pop like they were about to, ya'll never win ****

Chronz
02-15-2019, 02:24 PM
I don't remember when he signed, but I know that they had a ton of chances to get a much better roster then they have now. their entire roster makes zero sense in that they keep adding these PF and C's to anthony davis.

He barely signed, they've failed for years AND even this year seemed committed if the team would come close to respectability.

kdspurman
02-15-2019, 02:37 PM
Maybe but even if so it only became his choice after they repeatedly failed. Negligence is what costs small markets. Had SAS fired pop like they were about to, ya'll never win ****

With Duncan? Of course they do :) but the success probably doesn't last as long as it did

tredigs
02-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Bron basically got another teams GM to lose his job. Toxic as ****.

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 03:14 PM

I saw a post somewhere saying LeBron has destroyed 3 teams this year alone.

Cavs
Lakers
Pelicans

:laugh:

Chronz
02-15-2019, 03:14 PM
With Duncan? Of course they do :) but the success probably doesn't last as long as it did
Many of the players think they dont win if Pop gets fired, Duncan doesnt stay in SAS if they dont have Pop and win that chip, hell he was almost gone even with a title so without Pop and assuming you luck out with that chip, hes likely in Orlando with Tmac.

Chronz
02-15-2019, 03:15 PM

Bron aint have **** to do with the other 6 or so years tho

j-bay
02-15-2019, 03:26 PM
I smell a rat(Paul)

tredigs
02-15-2019, 03:40 PM
I saw a post somewhere saying LeBron has destroyed 3 teams this year alone.

Cavs
Lakers
Pelicans

:laugh:
Hahah. Just getting warmed up!

Heediot
02-15-2019, 04:01 PM
He was bound to be canned regardless of the AD situation.

kdspurman
02-15-2019, 04:06 PM

Heediot
02-15-2019, 04:21 PM

I told them Laker and Lebron fan boys the same thing. People say I was conjuring up conspiracy theories. I was just trying to go inside the mindset of all the parties involved in the AD fiasco and tried to read their strategy and intentions.

Rivera
02-15-2019, 04:33 PM
what took them so long? should have been given the boot a LONG time ago!

j-bay
02-15-2019, 04:44 PM
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
Two names to quickly emerge in league circles as likely targets in the Pelicans’ GM search — albeit two candidates who have both been selective in the extreme in considering offers — are former Cavs and Suns GM David Griffin and longtime Celtics executive Mike Zarren

Start printing out those Davis Celtic jerseys

kdspurman
02-15-2019, 04:46 PM

numba1CHANGsta
02-15-2019, 04:46 PM
lmao what a complete trash of a team, move them to Seattle and re-name them the Sonics!

Also, don’t matter who’s in charge, they’re going to take the best package they can get this summer because no way is AD a Pelican next season. Many things will have to be in play to make a decision, Kyrie leaving BOS, NY drafting Zion and signing 1-2 all stars, other teams willing to give up a lot for a one year rental. One thing is for sure, AD will walk and brcome a Laker next offseason

Rocco007
02-15-2019, 04:55 PM
We're not trading for AD...That ship has sailed...
See you in 2020 FA class...

Karma has no menu
You served what you deserve

Hawkeye15
02-15-2019, 04:59 PM

ehhh, what about the prior years the Lakers FO was a complete joke?

Look, the NBA is player driven. When a single guy can propel you from **** to contender, that means more than any FO guy in the game.

j-bay
02-15-2019, 05:07 PM
lmao what a complete trash of a team, move them to Seattle and re-name them the Sonics!

Also, don’t matter who’s in charge, they’re going to take the best package they can get this summer because no way is AD a Pelican next season. Many things will have to be in play to make a decision, Kyrie leaving BOS, NY drafting Zion and signing 1-2 all stars, other teams willing to give up a lot for a one year rental. One thing is for sure, AD will walk and brcome a Laker next offseason

Just like Paul George becoming a Laker right. Lets say Ainge gets Kyrie to stay by trading for Davis, and Davis loves playing for the Celtics.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2019, 05:20 PM

I mean, the allure of being a Laker has passed, clearly. Top FA's have been passing them up left and right. Sure he may end up there, but stop guaranteeing the world every year that FA's are coming...

If I am the Pels, I wouldn't have made a trade either. Better offers will come near draft time.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Just like Paul George becoming a Laker right. Lets say Ainge gets Kyrie to stay by trading for Davis, and Davis loves playing for the Celtics.

I read somewhere that AD's people are pissed at the way IT was handled. That would be laughable if true.

PAOboston
02-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
Two names to quickly emerge in league circles as likely targets in the Pelicans’ GM search — albeit two candidates who have both been selective in the extreme in considering offers — are former Cavs and Suns GM David Griffin and longtime Celtics executive Mike Zarren

Start printing out those Davis Celtic jerseys

Zarren getting hired wouldn’t really benefit the Cs. He’s Ainge’s protege. He knows the roster since he basically scouted it. He knows the players to target in any deal.

This isnt some old buddy like McHale. Ainge legit groomed this guy. Zarren is also an analytics guru too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdspurman
02-15-2019, 05:29 PM
ehhh, what about the prior years the Lakers FO was a complete joke?

Look, the NBA is player driven. When a single guy can propel you from **** to contender, that means more than any FO guy in the game.

True, just the window of being a contender would probably be smaller. Especially when stability of the FO is non-existent.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2019, 05:33 PM
True, just the window of being a contender would probably be smaller. Especially when stability of the FO is non-existent.

right, but most FO's can't be the Spurs. They will take their chances with tiny windows all day long.

WestCoastSportz
02-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Dell Demps track record as a GM has been horrific so I'm surprised that he even lasted this long. He joined the Pelicans, then the Hornets, in 2010. The guy is scared to draft players. In 8 years, he's only made two first round draft choices. in 2012 when he took Anthony Davis first overall and Buddy Hield in 2016 with the 6th overall pick. He basically traded all the others away from practically nothing. Hield ended up being traded in a package that included their 2017 first round pick to the Kings for Demarcus Cousins, who was the Pelicans for one season. He gave up their 2018 first round pick for Mirotic along with the rights to swap picks in 2021, which maybe costly. He also hired a coach that has only 1 1/4 winning seasons out of 24 years as a head coach.

Benson needs to put an end to this and talk to Anthony Davis personally to try and repair that relationship. Bring in a new cutting edge GM and coach next season and see if they can get some talent. With all the future picks traded away by Demps, he's single handedly set this franchise back at least 5 years.

lakers squad
02-15-2019, 06:27 PM

I don't understand why people keep feeling the obligation to mention AD with the Lakers so much! I mean Magic said if we didn't get a deal done by the deadline, that package would not be there again and we would not ingage in a bidding war with Boston and we would target other players in the summer! Translation...We will not make a trade with the Pelicans now unless we get AD for penny's on the dollar! So I don't expect the Pelicans to do this, as they have already shown a willingness to do everything possible, to keep AD from the Lakers! If he ends up in LA it will probably be in 2020!

Saddletramp
02-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Overdue. Been wondering why it took this long. Maybe they read my posts this week asking why he still has a job and thought “Yeah, why does he still have a job.”

It’s almost like when I talked about Jack Klugman to some family members at Christmas wondering just how long he was going to live and then hours later we heard he died. They still think I jinxed him to death. I sadly got Phyllis Diller, too, but that was a week apart.

Scoots
02-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Same owner same stupid problems.

Switch
02-15-2019, 07:05 PM
I see the Laker hate is still running strong. I will laugh my *** off if AD does end up with the Lakers.

WestCoastSportz
02-15-2019, 07:11 PM
If they want to compete fast, they should hire Rich Paul as the new GM.

cmellofan15
02-15-2019, 07:16 PM
😈

This is the only appropriate response

Rocco007
02-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Where are all the Laker Haters?

infesting the Other Laker Hater Threads?

They're not interested in this one I guess... :laugh2:

Come out and play...

I'm hunting you down one by one... :nod:

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Overdue. Been wondering why it took this long. Maybe they read my posts this week asking why he still has a job and thought “Yeah, why does he still have a job.”

It’s almost like when I talked about Jack Klugman to some family members at Christmas wondering just how long he was going to live and then hours later we heard he died. They still think I jinxed him to death. I sadly got Phyllis Diller, too, but that was a week apart.

"Our posts"

agreed, LOOOONG overdue..

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Where are all the Laker Haters?

infesting the Other Laker Hater Threads?

They're not interested in this one I guess... :laugh2:

Come out and play...

I'm hunting you down one by one... :nod:

You'll be hunting for quite sometime, this place is full of them.

More-Than-Most
02-15-2019, 10:24 PM
He probably knew this was coming anyway lol... he went out like a boss by flipping off lebron and the lakers and dropping his junk on magics forehead lol

What he did and what the pelicans organization did was just as wrong as lebron/AD/Rich Paul period. Lakers got what they deserved and now the pelicans are getting their just desserts

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 12:15 AM
Lmfao like a Boss? He could’ve had Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Zubac and 2-1st round picks... he looks like a shmuck and I HIGHLY doubt he will ever be a GM again. What a joke.

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 12:16 AM
How many players sign at 12:01am.... yea there’s no collusion or tampering going on... everyone playing checkers...

Saddletramp
02-16-2019, 03:11 AM
Same owner same stupid problems.

Tom Benson died last year. I think his wife is running the show now but yeah, still garbage.

Bostonjorge
02-16-2019, 03:27 AM
Could of had Kuzma. Pelicans are a joke and Davis is going to be “injured” now which lowers his value. Good luck in July Pelicans. You poor miserable bastards.

More-Than-Most
02-16-2019, 03:45 AM
Lmfao like a Boss? He could’ve had Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Zubac and 2-1st round picks... he looks like a shmuck and I HIGHLY doubt he will ever be a GM again. What a joke.

Even if he takes that deal he is likely fired lol... it was a lose/lose... Why should he care about a trade that gets the pelicans that return when he wont be there? He is now known as the man who stuck it to magic/lebron and the lakers and toyed with the GOAT franchise in basketball.

aman_13
02-16-2019, 04:30 AM
Siakam and Tatum>>> Kuzma. Stay patient.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Rocco007
02-16-2019, 08:34 AM
😎

Rocco007
02-16-2019, 08:36 AM
Even if he takes that deal he is likely fired lol... it was a lose/lose... Why should he care about a trade that gets the pelicans that return when he wont be there? He is now known as the man who stuck it to magic/lebron and the lakers and toyed with the GOAT franchise in basketball.🤡

SenileStern
02-16-2019, 08:59 AM
Tom Benson died last year. I think his wife is running the show now but yeah, still garbage.

I read Tom Benson wrote his daughter and her children out of his will, also fired some of them from good jobs. Doesn't sound nice and I wonder how much influence his third wife and current Pelicans owner Gayle Benson had in his decisions.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2019, 09:47 AM

Beast

warfelg
02-16-2019, 09:53 AM
I'd like to put the reminder out there that a NFL GM (Micky Loomis) is the main advisor for an NBA team.

warfelg
02-16-2019, 09:59 AM

I saw this and wanted to comment: Part of the issue is AD himself. Sometimes he plays like a stretch 4, in which case a traditional 5 like Asik or Boogie makes sense. Sometimes he plays like a 5 in the paint, which is where a 4 like Mirotic makes sense.

AD seems to be part of the problem himself in team construction because he isn't a 4 or 5. So either you need a "big 3" that plays the 4 next to him and can protect the rim (Jerami Grant) OR you need another 4/5 type guy that can switch on and off with him easily (Draymond Green). On top of that, you need a good PG, but not a PnR PG because Davis, while great in the PnR, doesn't seem to like running it. So you need a defensive 3nD PG with him (Patrick Beverly). Then because of that your SG needs to have some PG like traits to run the team when that stuff breaks down (Jrue).

I think if I were to make the "Perfect AD team" it would look something like this:
Patrick Beverly
Jrue Holiday
Klay Thompson
Jerami Grant
Anthony Davis

And I would put guys like a healthy Eric Gordon, Ersan Ilyasova, and D'Angelo Russell on the bench for him.

Chronz
02-16-2019, 10:18 AM
I read Tom Benson wrote his daughter and her children out of his will, also fired some of them from good jobs. Doesn't sound nice and I wonder how much influence his third wife and current Pelicans owner Gayle Benson had in his decisions.
They got football people advising them. Hence the total mockery of said franchise. Nobody will ever want to play there until they shape up. Demps mishandled everything so bad they couldn't wait to off him.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Siakam and Tatum>>> Kuzma. Stay patient.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using TapatalkUnquestionably

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scoots
02-16-2019, 01:41 PM

I know but she didn't change anything really.

rhino17
02-17-2019, 12:41 AM
AD turned out to not be a franchise player. Hard for a gm to work around his shortcomings

Chronz
02-17-2019, 02:29 AM
AD turned out to not be a franchise player. Hard for a gm to work around his shortcomings

Based on?

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 03:03 AM
Aren’t Clipper fans from Anaheim? ;)

Chronz
02-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Aren’t Clipper fans from Anaheim? ;)

Where's that at?

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 03:37 PM
Where's that at?

:laugh2: