PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans wanted to sit Davis; face punishment; NBA acting unfairly?

Giannis94
02-14-2019, 02:31 PM
You all have probably seen the headline on the PSD home page. Pelicans faced punishment for wanting to sit davis the rest of the season due to an "injury" and more rest wou;dn't hurt. What I'm wondering is why the NBA is stopping tanking now when they allowed philly to keep out their top guys long after they were ready and call it an "injury" and face no repracussions.

Chronz
02-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Because they're clearly lying and have a history of not being genuine.

IndyRealist
02-14-2019, 02:45 PM
If a player requests a trade you should be under no obligation to play them. The rule was to prevent the Spurs from resting on nationally televised games, not to force teams to play guys who are going to disrupt the rest of your team.

ewing
02-14-2019, 02:45 PM
You all have probably seen the headline on the PSD home page. Pelicans faced punishment for wanting to sit davis the rest of the season due to an "injury" and more rest wou;dn't hurt. What I'm wondering is why the NBA is stopping tanking now when they allowed philly to keep out their top guys long after they were ready and call it an "injury" and face no repracussions.

The Pels did not do what LeBron/the secret government wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
02-14-2019, 03:41 PM
AD requested a trade, NO talked to a few teams but didn’t find a reasonable offer. Boston says to wait until the offseason because of the stupid rule they have in place regarding Kyrie so NO does.

Maybe the NBA is mad because they weren’t playing him so he didn’t get hurt and hurt his future value to a team who legally can’t obtain him when he wanted out.

I don’t know, maybe that’s why.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2019, 03:53 PM
“Reasonable offer” ....

Hawkeye15
02-14-2019, 03:56 PM
If a player requests a trade you should be under no obligation to play them. The rule was to prevent the Spurs from resting on nationally televised games, not to force teams to play guys who are going to disrupt the rest of your team.

agreed

Saddletramp
02-14-2019, 03:58 PM
“Reasonable offer” ....

Definitely reasonable, but I think Demps didn’t want to form another super team like he did with the Clippers. And Boston does have better assets, assuming he can get them.

But Demps should have been fired before all of this. How some of these **** GMs keep their jobs is beyond me. He was gifted AD only because of how bad they were and hasn’t done **** all else.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2019, 04:55 PM
I don’t know how Demps even has a job.

j-bay
02-14-2019, 05:28 PM

Why because he didn't give Davis to the Lakers? Why would he accept the Lakers deal when he can get a better headliner with Boston. If i'm 29 NBA teams, I am forcing the Lakers to stay with Lonzo Ball until he becomes a FA.

Bostonjorge
02-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Once Boston says no to trading Tatum, what’s next for the Pelicans? Lakers offered rookie contracts and multiple picks. Can’t get much better then that without taking on big contracts.

It’s goint to be a ugly break up with Pelicans.

More-Than-Most
02-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Once Boston says no to trading Tatum, what’s next for the Pelicans? Lakers offered rookie contracts and multiple picks. Can’t get much better then that without taking on big contracts.

It’s goint to be a ugly break up with Pelicans.

they could just offer him up to any and every other team that miss out on top free agents... they basically just took a shat on the lakers you dont think they will trade him elsewhere if boston doesnt blow them away with tatum and others? lololol adorable.

Giannis94
02-14-2019, 08:36 PM

It's hilarious because the Lakers got absolutely worked by him

aman_13
02-14-2019, 09:00 PM
The NBA is wrong on this one.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2019, 09:50 PM
If a player requests a trade you should be under no obligation to play them. The rule was to prevent the Spurs from resting on nationally televised games, not to force teams to play guys who are going to disrupt the rest of your team.Agree completely

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
02-14-2019, 09:51 PM
“Reasonable offer” ....Your offer was garbage although in truth you dont gave a premium prospect to offer.

Saddletramp
02-15-2019, 12:00 AM
It's hilarious because the Lakers got absolutely worked by him

Saying that you’re willing to enter into trade negotiations when you were never going to make a trade isn’t working anyone, it’s bad business. I’m no Laker fan but that was ****ed up.

More-Than-Most
02-15-2019, 01:29 AM
there is a really simple way around it... bring him off the bench and continue starting Okafor or randle :shrug:

Give him 12 minutes a night.

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Your offer was garbage although in truth you dont gave a premium prospect to offer.

Kinda like your opinion.

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Demps gets the boot, looks like he played himself.

What a joke of a franchise, I feel bad for their 13fans.

Switch
02-15-2019, 01:46 PM
It's hilarious because the Lakers got absolutely worked by himHahahah

Now who looks like the fool now?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Switch
02-15-2019, 01:48 PM
Why because he didn't give Davis to the Lakers? Why would he accept the Lakers deal when he can get a better headliner with Boston. If i'm 29 NBA teams, I am forcing the Lakers to stay with Lonzo Ball until he becomes a FA.Because he's been their GM since 2011 and what exactly has he accomplished for that franchise?

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Hahahah

To be fair, he always looks like one..

Switch
02-15-2019, 01:51 PM
To be fair, he always looks like one..So I've noticed...

lakerfan85
02-15-2019, 02:23 PM
****in Laker fans..

Chronz
02-15-2019, 02:28 PM
they could just offer him up to any and every other team that miss out on top free agents... they basically just took a shat on the lakers you dont think they will trade him elsewhere if boston doesnt blow them away with tatum and others? lololol adorable.
He said can't get much better, not that they couldn't do worse. No Tatum they just ****ed themselves.

I wonder why the Boston kids aren't mad about ainge begging nop to let him trade his players soon

Jamiecballer
02-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Kinda like your opinion.It's not just my opinion it's just about every non Lakers fans opinion

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 03:22 PM
It's not just my opinion it's just about every non Lakers fans opinion

You keep posting that but the only one's agreeing with you are boston fans. lmfao...

I see posters saying we were getting fleeced

Bostonjorge
02-15-2019, 04:25 PM

Why would anyone offer anything special for a player who’s about to become free? Best they can get are players on max contracts like Beal, Wiggns and DeRozen. The team gets to dump salery and reset when Davis leaves. What Pelicans want are players like Tatum, Simmons and KAT. No way you trade young elite players who are on rookie deals.

Boston will try to add Hayward and his max in any trade.

Scoots
02-15-2019, 07:27 PM

I agree. I actually think teams should be able to play or not play any player they want for whatever reason they want.

Scoots
02-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Hahahah

Considering Benson implied they are still not interested in trading with the Lakers ... doesn't seem much has chanced from that perspective.

j-bay
02-15-2019, 07:36 PM
You keep posting that but the only one's agreeing with you are boston fans. lmfao...

I see posters saying we were getting fleeced

Nah you wern't getting fleeced. By the way i love how Lonzo name is always the first name listed in the trade package like he is some big name player. In all honesty if i were NO I would ask for Hart. Kuzma, BI, and Hart all have to be in the deal. The Lakers can keep Lonzo and his nut of a father.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2019, 08:04 PM

I see posters saying we were getting fleecedSorry, meant to say respected posters and non PSD people

IndyRealist
02-15-2019, 09:06 PM
I agree. I actually think teams should be able to play or not play any player they want for whatever reason they want.

That's my view as well. But the NBA implemented the rule, and now they're misapplying it.

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Nah you wern't getting fleeced. By the way i love how Lonzo name is always the first name listed in the trade package like he is some big name player. In all honesty if i were NO I would ask for Hart. Kuzma, BI, and Hart all have to be in the deal. The Lakers can keep Lonzo and his nut of a father.

Lonzo > Broke down fat *** John Wall

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Sorry, meant to say respected posters and non PSD people

You mean all the Laker haters? I guess it would suck if my teams forum was absolute crap so could only post in the NBA forum, carry on ..

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 12:06 AM
Sorry, meant to say respected posters and non PSD people

Kuzma win MVP and lights up the game..... “respected posters” :laugh2:

j-bay
02-16-2019, 01:13 AM
Lonzo > Broke down fat *** John Wall

Sure whatever makes you feel better. Just pointing out that Hart is way more valuable then Ball is. Let Magic live with his mistake of getting tricked by the con artist(LaVar). Nobody should be punished by having to deal with LaVar. Like i said I would ask the Lakers to swap Hart for Ball. Then i would do the deal.

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 01:18 AM
Lol bro.... you obviously are just talking about “feelings” and not knowledge.... who do you think is our best defender and most impactful player is?

Chronz
02-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Sure, if they don't play them for a certain amount of time they lose their rights to that player but still have to pay up

j-bay
02-16-2019, 11:11 AM
Lol bro.... you obviously are just talking about “feelings” and not knowledge.... who do you think is our best defender and most impactful player is?
There is the fact that NO is going to have to trade Lonzo again because of his stubborn father. Add in Lonzo's play and only one team can trade for him(Suns), they can only get a 2nd round pick for him. And if they can't trade him, they got to deal with the headache known as LaVar. So yeah i'm sorry i am trying to get the Pelicans more value, especially when its said that player would sign a contract extension with LA.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2019, 01:12 PM
You mean all the Laker haters? I guess it would suck if my teams forum was absolute crap so could only post in the NBA forum, carry on ..You got us. What goes on with your team is incredibly important to ALL of us. The only people capable of object valuing your players is you guys.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Kuzma win MVP and lights up the game..... “respected posters” :laugh2:I'm sure I speak for many when i say who gives a crap what happened in that game. It is not meaningful in any way.

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 01:58 PM
:laugh2:

Scoots
02-16-2019, 02:20 PM
Sure, if they don't play them for a certain amount of time they lose their rights to that player but still have to pay up

No. Rights rules should be unchanged in this scenario.

Now if you want to do away with all rights that's a different conversation

Chronz
02-16-2019, 02:41 PM
No. Rights rules should be unchanged in this scenario.

Now if you want to do away with all rights that's a different conversation
Its already in the cba, certain amount of time off the court can lead to the player becoming a free agent. I say we shorten that and punish the evil team

Jamiecballer
02-16-2019, 05:42 PM
:laugh2:Jalen nailed it on the head at 1:50 of this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLdfjR7SAAI&feature=youtu.be

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 07:13 PM
When did I say anything bad about Siakim? Lmfao nice try though. Your argument wasthat the Lakers young core was **** and I disagreed. Simple as that

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Look at the jump he made from 23yo (year 2) to 24yo (year 3)

Everyone so quick to judge these players without giving them time to blossom into the players they’re meant to be

lakers squad
02-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Kuzma win MVP and lights up the game..... “respected posters” :laugh2:

I doubt he's in any trade offers moving forward, he's on a absolute tear right now!

Jamiecballer
02-16-2019, 09:39 PM
When did I say anything bad about Siakim? Lmfao nice try though. Your argument wasthat the Lakers young core was **** and I disagreed. Simple as thatI'm pretty sure you said the offer wasnt crap

Heediot
02-16-2019, 09:43 PM
it was a passable offer imo. but with no clear cut franchise changer, it was best for the pels to look at other offers in the summer.

lakers squad
02-16-2019, 10:02 PM
it was a passable offer imo. but with no clear cut franchise changer, it was best for the pels to look at other offers in the summer.

I think we offered to much, how many teams will be willing to offer up their best assets knowing that more than likely he leaves as a free agent anyway! Unless he agrees to resign before the deal is completed, it doesn't make alot of sense! So that offer probably will be the best they get!...Also AD is starting to look very brittle, he's getting injured every time you turn around!

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 10:12 PM
I'm pretty sure you said the offer wasnt crap

same ****, because the offer wasn't crap...... You think player like Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac are crap, I don't.

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 10:12 PM

I look froward to seeing the offers :)

Jamiecballer
02-16-2019, 11:19 PM
same ****, because the offer wasn't crap...... You think player like Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac are crap, I don't.It's not the same thing at all. Any offer that doesnt include a consensus future star or a high lottery pick is a crap offer if you are dealing a slam dunk hof in their prime.

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 12:11 AM
It's not the same thing at all. Any offer that doesnt include a consensus future star or a high lottery pick is a crap offer if you are dealing a slam dunk hof in their prime.

Yea I know Tatum is God, HOFer already. Tatum and a couple of picks is a much better offer.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2019, 12:33 AM

Was the rule was written specific enough to mention that? Otherwise I don't like it but NBA is within their power.

cmellofan15
02-17-2019, 12:34 AM
I'm sure I speak for many when i say who gives a crap what happened in that game. It is not meaningful in any way.

are you suggesting that this game doesn't suggest that Kuzma is an amazing player? let's just look at history, 3 of the last ten Rising Star MVPs have made an all star game. loving those odds for Kuzma :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 12:36 AM
are you suggesting that this game doesn't suggest that Kuzma is an amazing player? let's just look at history, 3 of the last ten Rising Star MVPs have made an all star game. loving those odds for Kuzma :laugh2:

Solid post man :up:

Jamiecballer
02-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Yea I know Tatum is God, HOFer already. Tatum and a couple of picks is a much better offer.Well yeah. If you deal Davis you should get one of the games premium prospects and not settle for a package that includes 2 of a teams disappointments.

Jamiecballer
02-17-2019, 05:46 PM
are you suggesting that this game doesn't suggest that Kuzma is an amazing player? let's just look at history, 3 of the last ten Rising Star MVPs have made an all star game. loving those odds for Kuzma :laugh2:Thanks for supporting my point