PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Tg11
02-14-2019, 12:27 AM
As far as the lottery, which team do you see winning the lottery? Well as far as teams who have the greatest chance of landing the #1 pick right now as it stands are:

Knicks, Suns, Cavs, Bulls, or Atlanta because they are the 5 worst teams in the NBA right now

However, who ends up with the #1 pick? I say it will be the Knicks and why? Knicks haven't ended up with a #1 pick since 1985 just let that sink in. Last player Knicks drafted #1 ended up being the face of their franchise...none other than Patrick Ewing. Fast forward 34 years later the Knicks have a chance at gaining not only the #1 pick but a chance at becoming relevant again especially if they keep that pick plus they are able to sign 1 or even 2 max players to go with that #1 pick then the Knicks could be in good hands.

I say the Knicks will game the system sorta speak to end up with that #1 pick. I mean it is practically all a formality at this point.

More-Than-Most
02-14-2019, 01:43 AM
I hope the knicks or bulls get it... Id Love to see Zion as a star in one of those 2 places. Zion in New york sucks for the East but man it makes **** fun.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2019, 01:57 AM
Hoping the Knicks get Zion and either Kyrie or Kemba

Scoots
02-14-2019, 02:17 AM
This is even less sensible a thread than it's been in the past. The odds are so much closer this year. The worst team has an almost 48% chance of getting the 5th pick.

It's a lottery.

Tg11
02-14-2019, 06:59 AM
Even so the Knicks will have a lot of lottery balls in the lottery because they are the worst team but then again so is Cleveland and Chicago and Phoenix and Atlanta...so any of those teams end up with a lot of balls in the draft lottery in that tumbler but that is how close the lottery will be this year because any of those 5 teams could end up with the #1 pick

Giannis94
02-14-2019, 07:26 AM
Lakers or knicks will get the 1 pick. Because nba gonna rig it like they did previously to get lebron back in cle.

Storch
02-14-2019, 07:29 AM
The knicks FO do not deserve Zion, but the Knicks fans do.

Tg11
02-14-2019, 07:36 AM
Yes the Knicks deserve Zion and I sure hope they end up with Zion. The Garden could sure use some excitement again and Zion will put butts in seats with him being a Knick.

MygirlhatesCod
02-14-2019, 09:40 AM
why does everyone all of the sudden care about the knicks? honestly what does it matter who goes there when Dolan still owns the team?

the suns would be the best landing spot. they actually have pieces assembled unlike those other dumpster fire teams.

Scoots
02-14-2019, 11:03 AM
Even so the Knicks will have a lot of lottery balls in the lottery because they are the worst team but then again so is Cleveland and Chicago and Phoenix and Atlanta...so any of those teams end up with a lot of balls in the draft lottery in that tumbler but that is how close the lottery will be this year because any of those 5 teams could end up with the #1 pick

The teams don't get balls they get assigned numeric combinations, and yes the knicks will get a lot of combinations, but relative to past years they get around half as many as they would have, and what makes it worse for them is that the teams below them get a lot more than they used to relative to the drop their used to be pick by pick.

When the first 3 picks go to teams not in the top 3 at some point they will change the weighting again.

Tg11
02-14-2019, 02:12 PM
I still think the lottery will be rigged for the Knicks to end up with the #1 pick

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2019, 03:56 PM
why does everyone all of the sudden care about the knicks? honestly what does it matter who goes there when Dolan still owns the team?

the suns would be the best landing spot. they actually have pieces assembled unlike those other dumpster fire teams.

Kinda like no one cares about the Warriors until they started winning ;)

Now all you guys been “fans forever” :p

PAOboston
02-14-2019, 09:01 PM
This is even less sensible a thread than it's been in the past. The odds are so much closer this year. The worst team has an almost 48% chance of getting the 5th pick.

It's a lottery.

Let the Knicks fans have their moment! Have mercy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tp13baby
02-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Hoping the Knicks get Zion and either Kyrie or Kemba

Kemba and Zion to NY would be good for the league.

Mr.B
02-14-2019, 09:22 PM
Mavs so that Zion can play with Luka and KP.

Cracka2HI!
02-14-2019, 11:37 PM
At the rate their going the Clippers will win it with the 13th best odds.

Scoots
02-15-2019, 11:07 AM

And Lakers fans got a LOT louder when LeBron joined. It's normal.

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 03:37 PM
And Lakers fans got a LOT louder when LeBron joined. It's normal.

to be fair, we're always loud. And If i'm being real, half your "fan" base is basically ours. The shift is clear lmao.

Scoots
02-15-2019, 07:33 PM
to be fair, we're always loud. And If i'm being real, half your "fan" base is basically ours. The shift is clear lmao.

I didn't say Lakers fans were quiet, I said they got loud-er. And I don't have a fan base.

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2019, 07:45 PM
:rolleyes:

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 10:57 PM
I didn't say Lakers fans were quiet, I said they got loud-er. And I don't have a fan base.

trying to be clever lmfao. Truth hurts eh?

Scoots
02-16-2019, 12:49 AM
trying to be clever lmfao. Truth hurts eh?

Not clever, just a fact. Lakers fans get quieter when they suck and have little prospect of winning, but that's true for all fans. When a team wins a lot they get more fans. This is sports reality.

Lakers + Giants
02-16-2019, 01:35 AM
Not clever, just a fact. Lakers fans get quieter when they suck and have little prospect of winning, but that's true for all fans. When a team wins a lot they get more fans. This is sports reality.

This whole post was redundant. You say we get louder and single us out, lmfao. No **** a fan base gets louder when they sign a big FA. Signing LeBron ****in James? lmao. You're damn right any fan base will be loud.

You tried to take a shot at us by stating something that applies to ALL fan bases.

Loud when good, quiet when bad? Yea, surely that's just our fan base. Great insight, chief.

cmellofan15
02-16-2019, 02:54 AM
If the NBA wanted NYK to be good they've done a great job of hiding it

Chronz
02-16-2019, 10:20 AM
I hope philly gets it

TrueFan420
02-16-2019, 01:08 PM

Maybe on a global scale but Oakland loves its basketball and showed it was one of the teams consistently selling out the stadium even when we were ****.

Also the We Believe run had everyone cheering for the warriors as their second favorite team. In part because we were likely never going to win with that side but also cause that team was fun as hell to watch.

Scoots
02-16-2019, 01:20 PM
This whole post was redundant. You say we get louder and single us out, lmfao. No **** a fan base gets louder when they sign a big FA. Signing LeBron ****in James? lmao. You're damn right any fan base will be loud.

You tried to take a shot at us by stating something that applies to ALL fan bases.

Loud when good, quiet when bad? Yea, surely that's just our fan base. Great insight, chief.

No. It was MyGirlHatesCod who said it about the Knicks, then Greatness One responded and took a shot, I pointed out that it's normal. And that's where you seemed to not understand and we've gone back and forth where I've been trying to explain what you didn't get assuming I didn't say it clearly enough, so here we are you are now giving me **** for explaining in more depth the simple concept you missed in the first place. Jesus.