PDA

View Full Version : What team will benefit the most from a top free agent?

More-Than-Most
02-11-2019, 02:32 AM
All the talk is about the celtics and lakers getting a power house free agent... then you have teams like the knicks/clippers/nets who can afford 2 top free agents. What team will be the closest to a championship on paper if they get a top free agent in the off season?

My answer... The mavs... I am fairly certain they can make a run at a top free agent even after the porz trade.... what team can really rival a Doncic/Poz/FREE agent trio? that isnt the warriors/sixers in terms of starting units right now. I feel like it would take the lakers getting 2 max free agents for them to be above that trio..... It could be any of the top guys and the mavs will put the league on notice... Porz/Doncic/Durant or Porz/Doncic/KL Or Porz Doncic/Kyrie Or hell Porz/Doncic/Cousins.

Saddletramp
02-11-2019, 02:59 AM
Durant’s not going anywhere. He wants easy rings and he already said he’s chasing the highest dollar this year after he took pay cuts the last few (although I’m sure if he couldn’t sign a max until next year then he’d wait another year-funny how now that they’ll have his Bird Rights, he’s going for the most money).

ewing
02-11-2019, 08:57 AM
The Knicks. They only have 10 wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
02-11-2019, 09:22 AM
The Knicks. They only have 10 wins

Which free agent would help the most, and how many wins?

Tg11
02-11-2019, 09:58 AM
For me besides my team the Boston Celtics a team that could really benefit from a big name free agent going there is the Miami Heat

Scoots
02-11-2019, 10:32 AM
The Warriors would be helped to a good chance at a title by re-signing their free agents.

Tg11
02-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Other places that could benefit from big names going there are: Chicago, Phoenix and New York

MygirlhatesCod
02-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Dallas or phoenix. they have good building blocks in place to contribute to a player like KD or KL. those two are the only players to me that would be worth signing to long term contracts.

JAZZNC
02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Durant to the Jazz. Game over.

Tg11
02-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Utah or Minnesota would benefit or Charlotte for sure Charlotte

FlashBolt
02-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Durant to the Jazz. Game over.

haha even though you're joking i can't imagine durant ever going back to a small market team. Dude loves the attention and spotlight.

Cal827
02-11-2019, 08:02 PM
I agree with TG, Miami could really benefit from a star signing there again. They're a decent team, that seems to just need a star and they'll be back at it.

I like the Sun suggestion, but it MUST be a two way player (E.g. Kawhi)

Nets would also jump up a little bit.

Tg11
02-12-2019, 04:47 AM
Portland is another destination too that could benefit especially if it meant another star pairing up with CJ and Dame Lillard

More-Than-Most
02-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Portland is another destination too that could benefit especially if it meant another star pairing up with CJ and Dame Lillard

i think they have like 5 million in cap space before they go over the luxury tax meaning they cant sign anybody let alone a max free agent... I could be wrong though

edit- Yea they have 16 million to spend in a max slot... they cant aford any of the top stars unless those guys took massive massive pay cuts.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2019/

at best they can push 23 but they just dont have the room.

Tg11
02-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Brooklyn is another place that could benefit or even Indiana especially Indiana

Scoots
02-12-2019, 01:21 PM
A huge number of players signed 1 year deals last year hoping for the "big payday" this off-season is supposed to bring. Meanwhile the teams are all looking at the same 7 guys, the 5 Ks (Kevin, Kyrie, Klay, Kemba, Kawhi), and Boogie and Butler. There are going to be a bunch of disappointed teams/fans/players this off-season.

By the way, I asked a Vegas friend to look up the odds, and odds say that 5 of those 7 don't change teams.

Sanjay
02-16-2019, 05:10 PM
A huge number of players signed 1 year deals last year hoping for the "big payday" this off-season is supposed to bring. Meanwhile the teams are all looking at the same 7 guys, the 5 Ks (Kevin, Kyrie, Klay, Kemba, Kawhi), and Boogie and Butler. There are going to be a bunch of disappointed teams/fans/players this off-season.

By the way, I asked a Vegas friend to look up the odds, and odds say that 5 of those 7 don't change teams.

I think Kevin, Kyrie, Klay and Butler stay put.

Giannis94
02-16-2019, 11:14 PM
Bucks. Have room for two maxes. Hello KD and ad

ohreally
02-16-2019, 11:20 PM
Kawhi to Brooklyn.

ChongInc.
02-17-2019, 04:09 PM
No cap space, but theoretically the raptors.
Lowry - allstart SG - Kawhi - siakam - Gasol.
1 piece away from being the warriors of the north with allstar level talent at every position.

TrueFan420
02-17-2019, 04:30 PM
Bucks. Have room for two maxes. Hello KD and ad

AD isn’t a free agent

Mr.B
02-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Adding a top FA to a core of Luka and KP (and an elite coach in Carlisle) could easily put the Mavs in contention.

Tg11
02-17-2019, 08:12 PM
No cap space, but theoretically the raptors.
Lowry - allstart SG - Kawhi - siakam - Gasol.
1 piece away from being the warriors of the north with allstar level talent at every position.

I definitely agree

WestCoastSportz
02-22-2019, 03:31 PM
With what New York has done with their trades, they've freed up enough room to sign two big contracts this Summer, so I think they would benefit the most. They don't need to re-sign Jordan or Mathews. They could sign Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, then trade guys like Dennis Smith Jr and Kevin Knox away for another piece. They'll probably have the first overall pick as well. Irving, Durant, Zion Williamson and Robinson would be a pretty exciting line up and should instantly catapult them to, at least, the 3rd seed in the East. Smith Jr. and Knox should be able to land them a pretty good, young SG as well.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-22-2019, 06:56 PM
They won't "probably" have the first overall pick. They'll have a 14% chance lol.

Dade County
02-22-2019, 07:05 PM
For me besides my team the Boston Celtics a team that could really benefit from a big name free agent going there is the Miami Heat

I agree with TG, Miami could really benefit from a star signing there again. They're a decent team, that seems to just need a star and they'll be back at it.

I agree with Miami. Because if Pat can get 1 star player, that means he would be able to get 2; and if he has 2 star players that means a 3rd one is coming soon. The only things that can stop pat at that point would be the salary cap.

Another team I think about is Portland, even though they have 2 star offensive players. If LMA didn't leave and KD never signed with GS, Portland & the Warriors would have had great battles. If Portland could some how get AD along with a couple of 3&D guys, they would be in the WCF; & if KD actually left, then it would be a toss up between them & GS.

& the Last team (once again another time machine scenario); but Gorge Paul or Lbj should have signed with the 6ers. Then they could have traded Ben Simmons & picks for AD this past trade deadline.

I feel that 6ers need an offensive star wing player, Jimmy & Tobias are not going to win that big game for them when it counts.

Tg11
02-23-2019, 09:22 AM
OKC is definitely another team who could use a 3rd option to pair up with Russ and PG-13

ewing
02-23-2019, 10:00 AM
OKC is definitely another team who could use a 3rd option to pair up with Russ and PG-13

Steve Adams is pretty good

nastynice
02-23-2019, 01:47 PM
All the talk is about the celtics and lakers getting a power house free agent... then you have teams like the knicks/clippers/nets who can afford 2 top free agents. What team will be the closest to a championship on paper if they get a top free agent in the off season?

My answer... The mavs... I am fairly certain they can make a run at a top free agent even after the porz trade.... what team can really rival a Doncic/Poz/FREE agent trio? that isnt the warriors/sixers in terms of starting units right now. I feel like it would take the lakers getting 2 max free agents for them to be above that trio..... It could be any of the top guys and the mavs will put the league on notice... Porz/Doncic/Durant or Porz/Doncic/KL Or Porz Doncic/Kyrie Or hell Porz/Doncic/Cousins.

Don't ever put the warriors and sixers in the same sentence.

Other than that, carry on... :)

dhopisthename
02-23-2019, 02:08 PM
imagine if the Utah jazz had someone besides donovan who could create a shot.

ewing
02-23-2019, 11:35 PM
imagine if the Utah jazz had someone besides donovan who could create a shot.

You mean Ricky Rubio doesn’t get everyone layups all day?