More-Than-Most
02-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Ben simmons took an uncontested 3 point shot :clap:

https://streamable.com/rzfcb

Video above and embiids reaction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktZm8AoQFE

Giannis94
02-10-2019, 10:05 PM
That just popped my.cherry. Mmm baby I'm so wet.

More-Than-Most
02-11-2019, 01:06 AM
Told everyone... We are basically treating the regular season like practice... I said all year long this when we were using fultz... Wins/losses are meaningless for us... we know the weaknesses and we need them fixed and we have had the season to do it. :shrug:

That lack of shooting from Simmons is what, according to Brown, prompted a discussion between the coach and his star point guard in the 24 hours leading up to Sunday's game. Brown, who likes to break Philadelphia's season into thirds, said he and Simmons discussed how they could use the final third of the season -- which began Sunday for the now 36-20 Sixers -- to prepare Simmons for the playoffs.

R. Johnson#3
02-11-2019, 09:18 AM
So Brett Brown decided to wait until the last 3rd of the season to work on Ben Simmons’ biggest issue? That sounds like a great plan!

R. Johnson#3
02-11-2019, 09:19 AM
I must say I love your confidence in thinking he’ll magically be able to shoot a 3. This reminds me of when DeRozan started jacking up more 3’s and Raptor fans thought he was getting better when really he was just taking the shots and missing.

JAZZNC
02-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Hahaha, this is definitely thread worthy. Jesus Christ, it was hideous and he missed. Big deal.

Tg11
02-11-2019, 09:54 AM
If it constitutes in Ben getting better then that's great

Rivera
02-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Told everyone... We are basically treating the regular season like practice... I said all year long this when we were using fultz... Wins/losses are meaningless for us... we know the weaknesses and we need them fixed and we have had the season to do it. :shrug:

That lack of shooting from Simmons is what, according to Brown, prompted a discussion between the coach and his star point guard in the 24 hours leading up to Sunday's game. Brown, who likes to break Philadelphia's season into thirds, said he and Simmons discussed how they could use the final third of the season -- which began Sunday for the now 36-20 Sixers -- to prepare Simmons for the playoffs.

i know a poster who has been making that point since before the season started. i know a poster who was banging that drum way back when. good to see they are gonna finally prepare and get Ben ready for playoff basketball

Rivera
02-11-2019, 11:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfhyX9hBq5M

what Ben and the rest of the 76ers have to prepare for come playoff time. Look how crazy LBJ was sagging off Ben yesterday. When the game slow down in the playoffs and 76ers have to run the half court offense, this could be a big problem. LBJ is roaming and daring Ben to drive. Good thing they got Tobias, another really good scorer who can score off or on the ball to help this weakness. Dude seems like he has been the missing piece the last 2 games, there offense especially when its running looks unstoppable.

I cant wait to watch Ben continue to shoot and I hope for Ben and the 76ers he can make a few of these and make the defender come up a little bit and open up the cutting lanes for the rest of that team

ewing
02-11-2019, 11:06 AM

what Ben and the rest of the 76ers have to prepare for come playoff time. Look how crazy LBJ was sagging off Ben yesterday. When the game slow down in the playoffs and 76ers have to run the half court offense, this could be a big problem. LBJ is roaming and daring Ben to drive. Good thing they got Tobias, another really good scorer who can score off or on the ball to help this weakness. Dude seems like he has been the missing piece the last 2 games, there offense especially when its running looks unstoppable.

I cant wait to watch Ben continue to shoot and I hope for Ben and the 76ers he can make a few of these and make the defender come up a little bit and open up the cutting lanes for the rest of that team

Yeah I don't think Simmons can do anything in a slow down game with LeBron on him. I will give him credit I think he has done a much better job bullying guys to his spots this year. He seems to play a much more physical style, is using some post foot work, and a little jump hook type shot on offense this year. Seems he is able to get to spots he likes against more defenders in the 1/2 court. Still when matched a against a sagging defender he can't bully at all like LeBron I could definitely see his lack of a shot stagnating the Sixers.

Rivera
02-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Yeah I don't think Simmons can do anything in a slow down game with LeBron on him. I will give him credit I think he has done a much better job bullying guys to his spots this year. He seems to play a much more physical style, is using some post foot work, and a little jump hook type shot on offense this year. Seems he is able to get to spots he likes against more defenders in the 1/2 court. Still when matched a against a sagging defender he can't bully at all like LeBron I could definitely see his lack of a shot stagnating the Sixers.

agreed. i have been impressed with that as well. Its not pretty but its getting more effective and thats all that really matters.

but its also the reason why Embiid has to be at the 3pt line so much lol

ewing
02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
agreed. i have been impressed with that as well. Its not pretty but its getting more effective and thats all that really matters.

but its also the reason why Embiid has to be at the 3pt line so much lol

I know people complain about that but if you want to have guys drive the lane sometimes the 7'2 guy can't have 2 feet in the paint. That'd be true even if Simmons could shoot

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-11-2019, 12:38 PM

lakerfan85
02-11-2019, 01:34 PM
I thought this was a thread about MTM losing his virginity..

TakeYourL
02-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Watching a player as obscenely good as Simmons get nutered simply with a defender backing off like that is just sad.

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Lonzo would've made it

Oefarmy2005
02-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Lonzo is utter trash.

Giannis94
02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Lonzo is utter trash.

But lonzo would have made it. Doesn't matter if he's trash. He'd still have made it

More-Than-Most
02-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Lonzo would've made it

But lonzo would have made it. Doesn't matter if he's trash. He'd still have made it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLo4jHCaDc

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Lonzo is utter trash.

Lonzo > Rubio

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 08:59 PM

Lonzo > Trump

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 09:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLo4jHCaDc

Your link doesn’t work buddy ;)

Giannis94
02-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Lonzo > Trump
Trump is making America great again after a brutal 8 years. Lonzo is not making the Lakers great again after a brutal 8 years.

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 11:15 PM
:laugh:

McAllen Tx
02-12-2019, 07:42 AM

Lol I was coming in here to say the same thing. Either that or finally getting his 1st period.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2019, 07:50 AM
Lol I was coming in here to say the same thing. Either that or finally getting his 1st period.

:laugh: both are accomplishments.... i approve :clap:

More-Than-Most
02-12-2019, 07:51 AM

9 months before you were born is about the time frame i lost my V card : )

McAllen Tx
02-12-2019, 07:52 AM
:laugh: both are accomplishments.... i approve :clap:

You did make it very easy:D

ewing
02-12-2019, 08:58 AM
9 months before you were born is about the time frame i lost my V card : )

Was it to a baby sitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
02-12-2019, 09:54 AM

Aside from this:
I think another way they are prepping came from the trades. Harris and Butler means we have two guys who can handle and create on the perimeter. I think we’re going to see more post Simmons and pick man Simmons.