PDA

View Full Version : Deadline losers

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 04:18 PM
What say you? I feel like #1 is fairly consensus

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 04:23 PM
why trade zubac for ****ing moose when they could have just cut beasly? Why is magic still there?

JAZZNC
02-07-2019, 05:06 PM
The Jazz. We sat on our hands as always and watched a ton of guys who could have helped us get traded for nothing.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2019, 05:08 PM
as long as we have Wiggins, we are always losers

Driven
02-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Celtics and Lakers.

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Lakers.. lmao

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 05:10 PM

truer words have never been spoken

cmellofan15
02-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Lakers for now. Feels like the pelicans are looking for revenge, and they downgraded at center.

I think this comes back to haunt them come playoff time. On the bright side, it seems they're securing a lottery pick that will be worth something

TheDish87
02-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Lakers, Jazz, and Boston to a lesser degree. Would have liked to see the Nets make a move to build on their push like the Kings did. On the flipside the Sixers, Bucks, Raptors, and Clippers all came out as big winners.

Alayla
02-07-2019, 05:24 PM
philly much as I hate to say it

Chronz
02-07-2019, 05:26 PM

I feel for you, I still remember when you were hoping his 3pt shooting was for real then I compared him to gerald green. Turns out I overestimated him.

cmellofan15
02-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Does anyone think the Lakers, Rich Paul, and Lebron regret the way this situation was handled?On one hand Anthony Davis was silent and at least SEEMED content where he was before the last few months.

So it seems they convinced him to speak to management so they would make him available, but now the Lakers likely won't have a shot at him until 2020.

I'm torn because it feels like either way the Lakers weren't going to end up with him by the deadline, but now it seems the Pelicans won't entertain a trade this summer out of spite.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 05:29 PM
I don't think Boston lost at all. They got exactly what they wanted: a shot at AD this summer.

Yes, the East got better. But by that logic the Warriors lost the most. Ainge is playing the long game.

Lakers obviously. They look like they made a move just to have done something. Their players are in open revolt.

Most teams did stuff that makes sense for their situations.

TheDish87
02-07-2019, 05:31 PM
philly much as I hate to say it

you gotta chill out. in no ****ing universe did the sixers lose this deadline day. we are big ****ing winners. get over Fultz and whiny ***.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2019, 05:33 PM
I feel for you, I still remember when you were hoping his 3pt shooting was for real then I compared him to gerald green. Turns out I overestimated him.

I could have lived with his foul draw rate the first 100 games of his career. But he decided he wanted to be a spot up shooter that can't shoot, that never moved without the ball, or rebounded, or passed, or defended, or cared..

Scoots
02-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Fultz deal is funny ... right up to this morning Philly fans were talking up his value. As soon as he was traded they start calling him trash. I think Hinkie broke the Sixers fans.

zn23
02-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Obviously the Lakers... Don't get AD and then lose Zubac.

Raps honorable mention for not being able to get Conley for Lowry.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 08:51 PM
Fultz deal is funny ... right up to this morning Philly fans were talking up his value. As soon as he was traded they start calling him trash. I think Hinkie broke the Sixers fans.

show me where anyone has said he is trash on here? The situation dictated we needed to let him go or his 9 million kills us in the off season.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Obviously the Lakers... Don't get AD and then lose Zubac.

Raps honorable mention for not being able to get Conley for Lowry.

The Lakers didn't "lose" Zubac ... they threw him away.

smith&wesson
02-07-2019, 11:30 PM
show me where anyone has said he is trash on here? The situation dictated we needed to let him go or his 9 million kills us in the off season.

He isnít trash but damaged goods would be more accurate. Feel for the kid tho

More-Than-Most
02-08-2019, 02:10 AM
He isnít trash but damaged goods would be more accurate. Feel for the kid tho

lol we didnt even say that though. 2 of us are calling him a future superstar... if we were still tanking we would def keep him and i wish we did but getting simmons plus a first and a 2nd is much more than any of us thought we would get which is why we wanted to keep him as well... The dude has a ton of talent... I pray he gets right and ends up a top 10 player like i thought he would be.

Alayla
02-08-2019, 05:44 AM

Don't put all sixers fans in a blanket Fultz will be great and I stand by that me feeling that way had nothing to do with what team he was on.

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 11:03 AM

i didnt see anyone say anyone say Fultz had any real value. Would most have preferred to wait until next year? yea prob but its more important to retain those cap holds for Butler and Harris who actually play.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Orlando is the right place for Fultz. He literally has no pressure and once he gets healthy, he can just play without worrying about the media or winning expectations.

I am worried however about his injury. That TOS injury is a big deal and it messes with the nervous system. Matt Harvey had the same injury and he hasn't been good since. He still has his fastball, but he has no command of it whatsoever and he still hasn't recovered. It's been a few years now for him. I've seen other examples of this injury ending careers. Many in the media have chalked up Harvey's struggles due to mental issues as well, but I think it's only a mental issue because it's an injury related to the nervous system. I'm worried that the issues with Fultz are more physically related than people make it out to be. That injury is the biggest reason why I am pessimistic about his chances of turning his career around in the same way D'angelo Russell did. The moment I hear it was TOS, that was a huge red flag to me. That's more than just the yips.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2019, 06:08 PM
lol we didnt even say that though. 2 of us are calling him a future superstar... if we were still tanking we would def keep him and i wish we did but getting simmons plus a first and a 2nd is much more than any of us thought we would get which is why we wanted to keep him as well... The dude has a ton of talent... I pray he gets right and ends up a top 10 player like i thought he would be.

Yeah that is an amazing hall for Philly

tredigs
02-08-2019, 06:58 PM
East rankings go Bucks/Raptors, then Sixers/Celtics. I think the Celtics hurt themselves during this deadline by being so heavily implicated in the AD sweepstakes. Inner turmoil is a comin'.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Jazz playing pocket pool. Ainge using the excuse of Irving Rose rule. Yawn! I would of traded Irving. He's not that great. Celtics could lose Irving and AD goes elsewhere even if traded to Celtics. Cause Celtics not to hot at this point. Ainge's war chest looks like **** now doesn't it Boston fans? Celtics were hot last season but man tear it down now baby! You got a dumpster fire now Ainge! East looks like ****. If you look at it, 76ers upgraded to get Tobias but no bench so 48 minutes for all starters? The dinosaurs added a dinosaur in Gasol. Let play! I so cant wait! Time to shut these PSD troll ***** up!

Bostonjorge
02-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Pelicans are the biggest losers. Especially if Leonard leaves and reminds everyone what can happen if you trade for Davis. No one will offer what the Lakers just offered.