PDA

View Full Version : 76ers trading Fultz to Magic

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2019, 03:45 PM

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Orlando is trading for Markelle Fultz, league source tells ESPN.

Woj

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Magic get their PG.
Adrian Wojnarowski
‏Verified account @wojespn
2m2 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

The Magic are sending Jonathan Simmons, a first-round and a second-round pick to the Sixers, per sources. Means 2 Simmons on same team.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Orlando picks up a scrub...don't make me laugh

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Fultz will be **** on the Magic too

PAOboston
02-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Wow. Philly cut the cord.

Good for Fultz though. He needed a fresh start in the worst way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YAALREADYKNO
02-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Damn lol another wing player for the 76ers and got some picks in return

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2019, 03:49 PM
76ers recovered some ammo. Good move collecting picks.

Hustla23
02-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Is there a worse franchise than Orlando?

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Yeah but on Orlando...come on man he's ****...a ****in' bust come on

Saddletramp
02-07-2019, 03:51 PM
Simmons was balling a few years ago in SA. And an Orlando 1st?

Been sold on The Process for awhile now, but damn. They even turn their mistakes into hits (excluding Okafor, obvs)

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 03:51 PM
The Sixers are sending Markelle Fultz to Orlando for Jonathon Simmons, a first-round pick and a second-round pick.

(via @wojespn) https://t.co/W6sbKAgbw4

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Orlando doesn't care about this year. We have yet to see Fultz healthy, he could still be a stud.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Fultz should have been traded to Phoenix

LeonFSU
02-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Its OKC's 2020 1st which is top-20 protected until 2022 when it turns into two 2nd round picks

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Magic are still ****in **** even with Fultz

Chronz
02-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Alot of my 2k trades are actually happening. Is it possible I can control reality

Rivera
02-07-2019, 03:55 PM
so the player ive been critical of (but very fair) is now on my favorite team oh FML :laugh2:

fulfill that potential Fultz! I BELIEVE IN YOU NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heediot
02-07-2019, 03:56 PM
lolol at sixers fans for defending the **** outta him.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Orlando won't get any better

Rivera
02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
For Philly fans:

1st and 2nd as well, 1st is protected i believe its OKCs 1st we sent

What you need to know about Simmons:

He was great last year, great 3 D piece that worked on his game and shown flashes of a more overall game. This year, I feel like he just wanted to get paid, losing will do that to you.

If he gets re focused and re juvinated. You guys landed a great 6th man type that is tough and Philly will love. If he doesnt get re juvinated, he may never see the floor more than 10 min a game

thats what I see when i have seen him play the last 2 seasons

Alayla
02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
why would we do this i dont understand this will come back to haunt us

ewing
02-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Sixers got another tough wing defender in Simmons. Unless he has improve he has 0 touch but he can D up and brings intensity

ewing
02-07-2019, 03:58 PM

:laugh:

Tg11
02-07-2019, 04:00 PM
It won't come back to haunt you because Fultz is ****

Rivera
02-07-2019, 04:03 PM
so i posted this in the other fultz traded thread but I want to post it here too. As one of the few or only Magic fans on this board let me tell the 76er fans what they are in for

For Philly fans:

He was great last year, great 3 D piece that worked on his game and shown flashes of a more overall game. This year, I feel like he just wanted to get paid, losing will do that to you.

If he gets re focused and re juvinated. You guys landed a great 6th man type that is tough and Philly will love. If he doesnt get re juvinated, he may never see the floor more than 10 min a game

Tg11
02-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Markelle ain't no D Rose 6th Man...Markelle ain't no Russ or Steph I know that much

TheDish87
02-07-2019, 04:08 PM

its not gonna haunt us at all. this allows us to retain the cap holds for Butler and Harris in the offseason. we have got absolutely nothing out of Fultz and he has some major mental and physical hurdles to overcome.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 04:13 PM
its not gonna haunt us at all. this allows us to retain the cap holds for Butler and Harris in the offseason. we have got absolutely nothing out of Fultz and he has some major mental and physical hurdles to overcome.

Exactly what I'm sayin

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 04:17 PM
: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

that being said I am surprised we got this deal.. loved simmons on the spurs and that first will convey so we almost get back the first we traded away for him considering how the kings are playing... magic got themselves a future star... I would have loved to keep him but we wouldnt have been able to keep butler/harris

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 04:20 PM
Wow. Philly lost big time. Fultz is the next AI. Can't believe that's all they got for him

corky831
02-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Lol man the Sixers have screwed up some high picks....Fultz, Jalil, and Noel. I can't wait to see all the sixer fans saying how this trade is great for them, when they were saying how Fultz is going to be a stud and he's going to be better than Tatum 🤣🤣🤣

kdspurman
02-07-2019, 04:28 PM
so i posted this in the other fultz traded thread but I want to post it here too. As one of the few or only Magic fans on this board let me tell the 76er fans what they are in for

For Philly fans:

Simmons should be better playing for a contender, but he was never really a 3 point shooter. Not the worst thing, he can score in other ways an is an explosive player. If he can get consistent from there, it would help him & Philly big time

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Mods feel free to merge this thread with the other

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Lol man the Sixers have screwed up some high picks....Fultz, Jalil, and Noel. I can't wait to see all the sixer fans saying how this trade is great for them, when they were saying how Fultz is going to be a stud and he's going to be better than Tatum 🤣🤣🤣

i love fultz but we got more than we should... no way we should have gotten a first... We had to trade him now or this summer esp after hearing bretts comments... we couldnt keep his 9 million... now we are on the books for a million after this trade for simmons.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 04:32 PM
lolol at sixers fans for defending the **** outta him.

he is gonna be a star.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 04:37 PM
so the player ive been critical of (but very fair) is now on my favorite team oh FML :laugh2:

fulfill that potential Fultz! I BELIEVE IN YOU NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post of the day.

Rivera
02-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Simmons should be better playing for a contender, but he was never really a 3 point shooter. Not the worst thing, he can score in other ways an is an explosive player. If he can get consistent from there, it would help him & Philly big time

i liked where he was last year with his shot. i felt watching him last year he took a nice step forward with his overall game and he could knock down the 3. He wasnt prolific but he could knock it down

this season, watching him he seems like he doesnt care. hoping for the 6ers he will play better and get back to the level he was last year would be a big help if so

TheDish87
02-07-2019, 04:53 PM

We didnt screw up Fultz, he did it to himself. The bigs were in tough spots between the severe tanking and Embiid niehter one is any kind of a loss though. Look at the team we have put together does anyone really care how other guys previously drafted turned out?

Alayla
02-07-2019, 05:21 PM

u kidding this trade is awful for us we lost a star talent for nothing

TheDish87
02-07-2019, 05:23 PM
stop it. Cant pay Fultz 9 mil per the next 2 years for the pile of **** he has been on and off the floor. Better to move on for both sides. Fact is Fultz was always a luxury pick we didnt really need given all the flexibility we had to improve the team. Sure it would have been nice if he panned out but its whatever at this point. dude literally gave us nothing in 2 years so i dont get the attachment.

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 05:24 PM
u kidding this trade is awful for us we lost a star talent for nothing

star talent? LMAO.

Lakers + Giants
02-07-2019, 05:48 PM
We should've tried to get him

Rivera
02-07-2019, 05:58 PM
stop it. Cant pay Fultz 9 mil per the next 2 years for the pile of **** he has been on and off the floor. Better to move on for both sides. Fact is Fultz was always a luxury pick we didnt really need given all the flexibility we had to improve the team. Sure it would have been nice if he panned out but its whatever at this point. dude literally gave us nothing in 2 years so i dont get the attachment.

boy what a spin and what a terrible take :laugh:

you could of had Fox or Tatum instead of Simmons

what a luxury that could have been!

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 06:00 PM

He's kind of right. it was just them tanking more because they had to wait for Embiid/Simmons to get healthy. if Embiid/Simmons were both healthy, Fultz wouldn't be available for them.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 06:03 PM
He's kind of right. it was just them tanking more because they had to wait for Embiid/Simmons to get healthy. if Embiid/Simmons were both healthy, Fultz wouldn't be available for them.

Agreed. Fultz just kind of fell into their lap.

koldjerky
02-07-2019, 06:07 PM
Agreed. Fultz just kind of fell into their lap.

Well not really. Fall in the lap would’ve just been waiting for whoever was left at 3. Fultz was a need at the time because they wanted that scoring option and secondary ball handler to Simmons. He would’ve been the perfect fit had he not, well... yipped?

I wanted to see what he turned into but at this point with all the moves they’ve done, this was a necessity. Good recoup of picks too.

Rivera
02-07-2019, 06:18 PM

so you rather have Jonothan Simmons over DAaron Fox or Jayson Tatum

if the answer is yes, then ive completely lost it

Rivera
02-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Well not really. Fall in the lap would’ve just been waiting for whoever was left at 3. Fultz was a need at the time because they wanted that scoring option and secondary ball handler to Simmons. He would’ve been the perfect fit had he not, well... yipped?

I wanted to see what he turned into but at this point with all the moves they’ve done, this was a necessity. Good recoup of picks too.

thank you, I cant believe people think its a luxury, like the NBA isnt at an "arms race" right now to collect as much talent as possible. He was needed to help bolster that team. He wasnt and they lost out big time because they could have had someone that could have helped them more than Jonothan Simmons

and getting tatum or fox would not have impeded the 76ers to get Jimmy or Tobias

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 06:22 PM

lol they are wrong... like KJ said had we just drafted him 3 and didnt give up the pick then there is a point to be made but saying it was a free pick because we sucked because of Simmons/Embiid being injured doesnt take away from the fact we wasted that pick and the sac pick... We def got more than I thought we would because i figured he would be traded for 2 seconds... simmons and a first and the cavs 2nd is a really good get for what his stock was....

that being said if he returns to form my god what a steal. I pray he becomes a mega star but this is a traded we needed to do because we went for butler/harris... i love fultz but even i wouldnt want to keep fultz and risk losing butler/harri or other free agents if they walk.

Rivera
02-07-2019, 06:25 PM
lol they are wrong... like KJ said had we just drafted him 3 and didnt give up the pick then there is a point to be made but saying it was a free pick because we sucked because of Simmons/Embiid being injured doesnt take away from the fact we wasted that pick and the sac pick... We def got more than I thought we would because i figured he would be traded for 2 seconds... simmons and a first and the cavs 2nd is a really good get for what his stock was....

that being said if he returns to form my god what a steal. I pray he becomes a mega star but this is a traded we needed to do because we went for butler/harris... i love fultz but even i wouldnt want to keep fultz and risk losing butler/harri or other free agents if they walk.

could you imagine instead of Fultz getting a Tatum or Fox and still making the same deals?

Basically a 6 of

Simmons/Butler/(Tatum or Fox)/Tobias/Embiid with JJ off the bench?

sheeeeessshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 06:29 PM
could you imagine instead of Fultz getting a Tatum or Fox and still making the same deals?

Basically a 6 of

Simmons/Butler/(Tatum or Fox)/Tobias/Embiid with JJ off the bench?

sheeeeessshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Agreed but we wouldnt have been able to make those deals lol... you think we are getting butler without giving up tatum? I dont see how anyone can say it was a free pick though... it hurts and just because it didnt hurt us doesnt mean it wasnt stupid. We could have traded back for more picks etc etc etc... there was 90 other things we could have done to help our team... i am just shocked we got a first and simmons.

Rivera
02-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Agreed but we wouldnt have been able to make those deals lol... you think we are getting butler without giving up tatum? I dont see how anyone can say it was a free pick though... it hurts and just because it didnt hurt us doesnt mean it wasnt stupid. We could have traded back for more picks etc etc etc... there was 90 other things we could have done to help our team... i am just shocked we got a first and simmons.

i honestly dont know the answer to that.

but what I do know is Fultz wasnt traded.

I dont see why the 6ers wouldnt have made the same trade. Cov and Saric for Jimmy. I doubt their was a better deal out their

they could have asked but Philly wouldnt have given them up.

Cant wait to see the deals leaked that Philly passed on when they were still buying his potential

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 06:33 PM
i honestly dont know the answer to that.

but what I do know is Fultz wasnt traded.

I dont see why the 6ers wouldnt have made the same trade. Cov and Saric for Jimmy. I doubt their was a better deal out their

they could have asked but Philly wouldnt have given them up.

Cant wait to see the deals leaked that Philly passed on when they were still buying his potential

you will see just why in do time as well... if he returns to form you have yourself a star and i hate you so much more now.

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 06:36 PM

depends on how you look at their situation. They weren't supposed to be tanking once they got Simmons. He was injured and then Embiid became injured. So in a way, it was a bonus. But yes, 20/20 hindsight, they should have taken Fox/Tatum/Mitchell.

Rivera
02-07-2019, 06:36 PM
you will see just why in do time as well... if he returns to form you have yourself a star and i hate you so much more now.

you know my position on Fultz. ive been harsh but Ive always said he had the talent.

Hopefully he gets his **** together and fulfills that potential

Either way, Fultz is the man now! When he comes back, best PG in the league potential! :D

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 06:40 PM
you know my position on Fultz. ive been harsh but Ive always said he had the talent.

Hopefully he gets his **** together and fulfills that potential

Either way, Fultz is the man now! When he comes back, best PG in the league potential! :D

you're gonna fall in love with his 200 shooting forms

Rivera
02-07-2019, 06:45 PM
you're gonna fall in love with his 200 shooting forms

im already in love. my favorite football team the cowboys, Amari Cooper did a Fultz tribute with the hitch in his free throw. Now my favorite basketball team has him and I get to watch the greatness of Markelle! Him and his hitches. I love it all!

You guys are to hard on Markelle! Hes only 20 and hes got loads of potential! Dude is a stud and already a solid defensive player! Just wait until he clears his mental hurdle and WATCH OUT the rest of the NBA!

The same way we screwed the 76ers when we did the 3 team trade and got Vooooooooch when they got Bynum (and people thought we lost at the time!) is the same now! History is repeating itself and we beat the 76ers in a trade again!

A 6th man type for a perennial allstar and future all nba team er

Love me some Markelle Fultz :D

corky831
02-07-2019, 06:46 PM
They could have drafted Tatum, kept the Kings pick, kept Saric, and Cov....and made a run for AD. Imagine Simmons, Embiid, and AD?

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 06:49 PM
They could have drafted Tatum, kept the Kings pick, kept Saric, and Cov....and made a run for AD. Imagine Simmons, Embiid, and AD?

yuck... for the 9000000th time... Embiid and AD is yuck... Ben would be beyond useless.. If anything we could have traded for KL... That being said we basically get the first we lost but it just drops a few spots... we lose the 3 pick we had though

Its nice when a GM has a set of balls to ya know make a move and not just hold on to picks... sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnt.. We went from the laughing stock to have the best starting lineup in the east in under 2 seasons... Enjoy

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 06:49 PM
magic wanted to get Frank Ntilikninknknknknknka from Knicks originally. crazy they saw more value from Frank than Fultz :D

Lil Rhody
02-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Oh Danny

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

warfelg
02-07-2019, 07:33 PM
depends on how you look at their situation. They weren't supposed to be tanking once they got Simmons. He was injured and then Embiid became injured. So in a way, it was a bonus. But yes, 20/20 hindsight, they should have taken Fox/Tatum/Mitchell.

This is the part that really get's lost in the shuffle.

Add in that we moved from 5 to 1 really because of the sac pick swap

corky831
02-07-2019, 08:30 PM
yuck... for the 9000000th time... Embiid and AD is yuck... Ben would be beyond useless.. If anything we could have traded for KL... That being said we basically get the first we lost but it just drops a few spots... we lose the 3 pick we had though

Its nice when a GM has a set of balls to ya know make a move and not just hold on to picks... sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnt.. We went from the laughing stock to have the best starting lineup in the east in under 2 seasons... Enjoy

You're bound to hit once or twice when you pick top 6 almost 6 yrs in a row.

corky831
02-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Philly has picked in the top 11 picks I believe 10 times since 2010. That has included two number 1 picks, one number 2 pick, and two number 3 picks. That's a lot of swinging and missing in the draft, I see why they would trade their picks

JAZZNC
02-07-2019, 08:42 PM

And if GS resigns KD you guys will win the same amount of rings as the Pheonix Suns over the next several years. Enjoy. Crazy to think that you guys have assembled a really really talented roster and still aren't even close.

LeonFSU
02-07-2019, 08:42 PM
magic wanted to get Frank Ntilikninknknknknknka from Knicks originally. crazy they saw more value from Frank than Fultz :D

Maybe they thought he could've been had for even less.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Philly has picked in the top 11 picks I believe 10 times since 2010. That has included two number 1 picks, one number 2 pick, and two number 3 picks. That's a lot of swinging and missing in the draft, I see why they would trade their picks

without looking i feel like you gave us credit for that number 3 pick and that number 1 pick...technically we had 1 number 1 pick but moved from from 3... on top of this how many champions has been won in that time frame outside of like 3 teams? You cant just sit on picks forever which ainge does... even the raptors showed off a set of ball todays and went all in. Again everyone except the celtics got better today and that is ainge being ainge... we could lose butler or harris but its nice to know we have a GM who knows he needs to get our stars there and not sit on his hands.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 08:47 PM
And if GS resigns KD you guys will win the same amount of rings as the Pheonix Suns over the next several years. Enjoy. Crazy to think that you guys have assembled a really really talented roster and still aren't even close.

i disagree.. not just us but i honestly feel like as long as cousins isnt there other teams will start to nip at the heels of the warriors... if we retain both butler and harris ben and embiid are still young and getting better on top of still have smith our recent first round lottery pick coming back.

Lil Rhody
02-07-2019, 08:50 PM
without looking i feel like you gave us credit for that number 3 pick and that number 1 pick...technically we had 1 number 1 pick but moved from from 3... on top of this how many champions has been won in that time frame outside of like 3 teams? You cant just sit on picks forever which ainge does... even the raptors showed off a set of ball todays and went all in. Again everyone except the celtics got better today and that is ainge being ainge... we could lose butler or harris but its nice to know we have a GM who knows he needs to get our stars there and not sit on his hands.Your hate for ainge is so strong. Not for nothing Celtics been getting stronger since that big raptors win. See you in April

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 08:53 PM
Your hate for ainge is so strong. Not for nothing Celtics been getting stronger since that big raptors win. See you in April

well i would hope so considering your team has actually played together and the raptors/sixers are still putting it all together.. not only will we see you in april but we will be a higher seed and we will have a home game and you guys are gonna lose kyrie : )

see and this is why basketball is so great... how much fun would a celtics/sixers series be lol

Lil Rhody
02-07-2019, 09:14 PM
I said it last year brother see you in April for the next 6-10 years. For real though don't worry Danny will offer brown a few picks and bend over the pelicans. Just wait AD Irving Tatum. Boy can dream right

Scoots
02-07-2019, 09:37 PM

From your keyboard to God's monitor. And hey, maybe Boogie will re-sign with the Warriors too.

warfelg
02-08-2019, 08:28 AM
thank you, I cant believe people think its a luxury, like the NBA isnt at an "arms race" right now to collect as much talent as possible. He was needed to help bolster that team. He wasnt and they lost out big time because they could have had someone that could have helped them more than Jonothan Simmons

and getting tatum or fox would not have impeded the 76ers to get Jimmy or Tobias

Just a little side note:
I think it would have hurt in the Jimmy trade. I don’t know if you resign RoCo if you have Tatum.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2019, 09:07 AM

I do too. Fultz is broken mentally.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Fultz isn't just broken mentally he is broken in every single way

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Fultz isn't just broken mentally he is broken in every single way

No, it’s just mentally. Notice how the “shoulder injury” wasn’t hindering his ability to drive or play defence. It just made a guy who jacked up tons of 3’s in college not want to shoot 3’s or take jumpers anymore. If the Magic end up playing Fultz I wouldn’t be surprised if teams started hack-a-Fultz.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 09:36 AM
No, it’s just mentally. Notice how the “shoulder injury” wasn’t hindering his ability to drive or play defence. It just made a guy who jacked up tons of 3’s in college not want to shoot 3’s or take jumpers anymore. If the Magic end up playing Fultz I wouldn’t be surprised if teams started hack-a-Fultz.

Yeah they will just to get him to the line but even if he works on his shot during the summer and plays in summer league and trains hard I wonder if that will even remotely make a difference?

tredigs
02-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Wow they legit traded him for the player with THE worst eFG% in the NBA (and picks that lets be honest, are both likely to bust based on draft position). What a disaster that all was for Philly smh.

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 10:52 AM

huh? We had 2 superstar talents and max cap space (that turned into Butler and Harris) when took Fultz. We are legit contenders today without ever getting a contribution from last years top pick.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 11:02 AM
A new start for Fultz but he will probably do ****all in Orlando

Rivera
02-08-2019, 11:08 AM
huh? We had 2 superstar talents and max cap space (that turned into Butler and Harris) when took Fultz. We are legit contenders today without ever getting a contribution from last years top pick.

and my point is you could still have all of that with a tatum or fox with your current talent

yall wasted a #1 overall pick for what tre pointed out, the worst eFG% in the league

that aint a luxury, the 76ers arent the favorites or GSW. GSW getting demarcus cousins is a luxury.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Yeah they will just to get him to the line but even if he works on his shot during the summer and plays in summer league and trains hard I wonder if that will even remotely make a difference?

Nothing about his injury is physical. It’s all mental. Stuff like this happens in baseball and has legitimately ruined careers.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Nothing about his injury is physical. It’s all mental. Stuff like this happens in baseball and has legitimately ruined careers.

Proof Markelle should not be in the NBA cuz he ain't built for it

Rivera
02-08-2019, 12:14 PM
The boston - Philly trade that happened right before 2017 draft happened to be:

Boston Gets: Jayson Tatum , 2019 Sacramento Kings first round pick thats top 1 protected

Philly Gets: Jonathon Simmons, protected 2020 first round pick via OKC, 2nd round draft pick

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warfelg
02-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Boston Gets: Jayson Tatum , 2019 Sacramento Kings first round pick thats top 1 protected

Philly Gets: Jonathon Simmons, protected 2020 first round pick via OKC, 2nd round draft pick

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least it’s better than the rumored to include another late first and Saric

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 12:29 PM
and my point is you could still have all of that with a tatum or fox with your current talent

yall wasted a #1 overall pick for what tre pointed out, the worst eFG% in the league

that aint a luxury, the 76ers arent the favorites or GSW. GSW getting demarcus cousins is a luxury.

i didnt even say we are favs to win the East, hell didnt even say the div. I really dont care what Simmons eFG is we just need him to play defense and any offense he gives is an upgrade over Fultz. I didnt think Fox was ever a fit with this team next to Simmons and i doubt he or Tatum (who hasnt stood out this year) wouldnt be able to develop the same way with much lower usage. like losing Fultz literally has no impact on this franchise in any way.

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 12:30 PM

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol troll harder

Rivera
02-08-2019, 12:33 PM
lol troll harder

how is that trolling when its facts :shrug:

Rivera
02-08-2019, 12:35 PM
i didnt even say we are favs to win the East, hell didnt even say the div. I really dont care what Simmons eFG is we just need him to play defense and any offense he gives is an upgrade over Fultz. I didnt think Fox was ever a fit with this team next to Simmons and i doubt he or Tatum (who hasnt stood out this year) wouldnt be able to develop the same way with much lower usage. like losing Fultz literally has no impact on this franchise in any way.

but gaining a tatum or a fox wouldnt have heled the cause giving another wing defender and shooter? man you really just dont get the concept of basketball and how much better you could have gotten

but im a troll cause you dont understand the game or the concept of collecting talent

ok buddy

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 12:40 PM
how is that trolling when its facts :shrug:

no its not.

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 12:42 PM
but gaining a tatum or a fox wouldnt have heled the cause giving another wing defender and shooter? man you really just dont get the concept of basketball and how much better you could have gotten

but im a troll cause you dont understand the game or the concept of collecting talent

ok buddy

you are using hindsight thats irrelevant. We have loads of talent and have the best roster we have had in i cant even tell you in how long. like i said, we swung for Fultz who looked like a natural fit, cant help how it turned out. That Kings pick isnt even gonna be in the lotto so its not a big deal.

TrueFan420
02-08-2019, 01:02 PM
To be fair, the Celtics don’t trade down from 1 to 3 if Tatum was going to be drafted at 1 by Philly. At the time, Simmons wasn’t considered to be a PG. Philly wanted Fultz to pair up with Simmons and Embiid. LA was looking at Lonzo because they didn’t to want Tatum cause they had BI. Celtics never make that trade down if they don’t think they’ll get their guy.

Rivera
02-08-2019, 01:10 PM
you are using hindsight thats irrelevant. We have loads of talent and have the best roster we have had in i cant even tell you in how long. like i said, we swung for Fultz who looked like a natural fit, cant help how it turned out. That Kings pick isnt even gonna be in the lotto so its not a big deal.

its not hindsight at all. 76ers had the #1 pick and blew it. its really that simple. spin it anyway you want buddy. your team lost on this big time. could have added another talent to that collection of talent you already had but you dont want to see it that way because you have Philly 76ers colored glasses and thats okay too

Rivera
02-08-2019, 01:10 PM
no its not.

except that it is facts, that is what it ended up turning into

Rivera
02-08-2019, 01:13 PM
At least it’s better than the rumored to include another late first and Saric

that is true! at least that!

the last 2 trades our 2 teams made (that I can remember) we are 1-1

The Vooch 3 team deal with LAL that landed you guys bynum

The Saric for Elfrid Payton draft night swap.

this trade is a plug for 76ers and potential for Orlando.

if Fultz never fulfills his potential, 76ers win this deal

if Fultz gets over whatever hump that he has, and fulfills some potential, Magic will more than likely win this trade by a good margin, not sure how big of an impact Simmons will have depending on which Simmons shows up and if he can have an impact or moment for you guys to help win a game in the playoffs

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 01:43 PM
its not hindsight at all. 76ers had the #1 pick and blew it. its really that simple. spin it anyway you want buddy. your team lost on this big time. could have added another talent to that collection of talent you already had but you dont want to see it that way because you have Philly 76ers colored glasses and thats okay too

butr its not a big deal, you keep harping on this like we are ****ed and dint trade just add 2 top level talents this season. Teams make mistakes like this all of the time. Fultz ****ed us more than we blew the pick. i hope you enjoy watching him sit on your bench the next 2 season in Orlando.

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 01:45 PM
that is true! at least that!

the last 2 trades our 2 teams made (that I can remember) we are 1-1

The Vooch 3 team deal with LAL that landed you guys bynum

The Saric for Elfrid Payton draft night swap.

this trade is a plug for 76ers and potential for Orlando.

if Fultz never fulfills his potential, 76ers win this deal

if Fultz gets over whatever hump that he has, and fulfills some potential, Magic will more than likely win this trade by a good margin, not sure how big of an impact Simmons will have depending on which Simmons shows up and if he can have an impact or moment for you guys to help win a game in the playoffs

so if Fultz becomes an all star (doubtful) but the Sixers win a title in the next 3 years (less doubtful) we lost the trade? You keep harping on the players when we had to move Fultz to ensure we can keep this new core together and it was easy to do since we hes forgot how to play.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Riding the bench in Orlando I love that...funny as hell

Rivera
02-08-2019, 02:06 PM
so if Fultz becomes an all star (doubtful) but the Sixers win a title in the next 3 years (less doubtful) we lost the trade? You keep harping on the players when we had to move Fultz to ensure we can keep this new core together and it was easy to do since we hes forgot how to play.

depends on Simmons impact. if not, you guys lost out on adding to that core with the #1 overall pick in the 2017 nba draft and picking the guy who had the worst career of them all and its a major L

hell if you drafted a fox or tatum, you coulda flipped them and maybe kept Cov! and thats just more talent to your already loaded team

you dont understand the concept of you lost an asset that was the #1 overall pick for nothing and you could have still had the same deals because you didnt need Fultz or his salary to get Jimmy or Tobias

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Riding the bench in Orlando I love that...funny as hell

hes out 'injured' for the 2nd straight year...

TheDish87
02-08-2019, 03:21 PM
depends on Simmons impact. if not, you guys lost out on adding to that core with the #1 overall pick in the 2017 nba draft and picking the guy who had the worst career of them all and its a major L

hell if you drafted a fox or tatum, you coulda flipped them and maybe kept Cov! and thats just more talent to your already loaded team

you dont understand the concept of you lost an asset that was the #1 overall pick for nothing and you could have still had the same deals because you didnt need Fultz or his salary to get Jimmy or Tobias

again, man no one cares though. none of it matters. The team we have now is perfect (assuming we keep em together) we were in such a good position to allow for misses and still not be hurt by it and we havent been hurt, Fultz has been hurt though.

76erEaglePhils
02-09-2019, 01:45 AM
Thank god he's gone I can't stand this worthless bum worst pick in NBA history. 76ers made the worst mistake in drafting this loser we will never get back what we gave up for this worthless f***er but we still got something. I hope he's completely out of the league soon he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA I hate this guy with a passion. **** you Fultz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Thank god he's gone I can't stand this worthless bum worst pick in NBA history. 76ers made the worst mistake in drafting this loser we will never get back what we gave up for this worthless f***er but we still got something. I hope he's completely out of the league soon he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA I hate this guy with a passion. **** you Fultz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow!

More-Than-Most
02-09-2019, 02:58 AM
Wow they legit traded him for the player with THE worst eFG% in the NBA (and picks that lets be honest, are both likely to bust based on draft position). What a disaster that all was for Philly smh.

I love how you negate his defensive impact but that is fine... also its not gonna be far off from where the kings pick tbh... we basically lost a top pick but that kings pick isnt going to hurt as much because of how good they are... **** happens... just remember who recently gave you those hands with less weapons then we have now and a hurt embiid. : )

More-Than-Most
02-09-2019, 03:01 AM
again, man no one cares though. none of it matters. The team we have now is perfect (assuming we keep em together) we were in such a good position to allow for misses and still not be hurt by it and we havent been hurt, Fultz has been hurt though.

we are a top team in the league no doubt but it still hurt... not sure how you can cover up for it... It sucks and it busted but that happens... That being said we were never going to draft tatum so I am not worry about that and I am not sold on tatum like others are but he would have been a luxury to have because we could have maybe gotten a KL instead of a butler and kept cov and then went on to get a harris or something... who knows... But it still def hurt.

ewing
02-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Is he going to play this year?

warfelg
02-09-2019, 10:03 AM

So something kinda funny to me, and why is Sixer fans keep saying it was a luxury to have him:
Even with Colangelo’s colossal screw up we were still able to build this team.

Literally the argument isn’t between being good or bad, but rather how good. That’s why most Sixer fans kinda feel “whatever” about it.

Not to mention (again) this is more a pox on Colangelo than the team. He was here a short time and did 1 good thing (ok 2). Didn’t overthink the Simmons pick. Brought in JJ. But outside of that everything he did was baaaaaad. Gave up Jerami Grant for nothing, screwed up trading out the centers to where we got 1 2nd and cash for Noel and Okafor, trading for Fultz, traded the 1st we got back in the Fultz deal for Anzejs Pasecniks.

beasted86
02-09-2019, 10:23 AM

That's a stupid mindset.

With Miami they missed in 2008 draft with Beasley, still got the big 3 and won two titles.

Didn't change the fact if we had Westbrook or Love we're probably looking at 4 titles instead. I'm not giving Riley or the team a pass just because they did a good job in other areas. Still an epic fail in the draft. Traded a 2nd overall player for two 2nd round picks 2 years later.

Rivera
02-09-2019, 11:13 AM
So something kinda funny to me, and why is Sixer fans keep saying it was a luxury to have him:
Even with Colangelo’s colossal screw up we were still able to build this team.

Literally the argument isn’t between being good or bad, but rather how good. That’s why most Sixer fans kinda feel “whatever” about it.

Not to mention (again) this is more a pox on Colangelo than the team. He was here a short time and did 1 good thing (ok 2). Didn’t overthink the Simmons pick. Brought in JJ. But outside of that everything he did was baaaaaad. Gave up Jerami Grant for nothing, screwed up trading out the centers to where we got 1 2nd and cash for Noel and Okafor, trading for Fultz, traded the 1st we got back in the Fultz deal for Anzejs Pasecniks.

Y’all can fee whatever and have that right. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong in pointing out how much better you guys could have been with another piece that was the #1 overall pick.

Just imagine the extra piece and depth and weapon you woulda had with the Fultz pick. Y’all have a great squad all I keep saying is damn imagine how much better if y’all picked he right player instead of Fultz. Could have had a monster weapon off the bench and not Jonathon Simmons

But the dish doesn’t understand that. I wouldn’t expect him too

The grant I totally get the Grant trade at the time. If I remember That was for cap and I believe (I could be wrong) Grant resigned with OKC over the summer and Philly wasn’t trying to use their cap for him. can’t blame them for grant one. That was a good move at the time

warfelg
02-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Y’all can fee whatever and have that right. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong in pointing out how much better you guys could have been with another piece that was the #1 overall pick.

Just imagine the extra piece and depth and weapon you woulda had with the Fultz pick. Y’all have a great squad all I keep saying is damn imagine how much better if y’all picked he right player instead of Fultz. Could have had a monster weapon off the bench and not Jonathon Simmons

The grant I totally get the Grant trade at the time. If I remember That was for cap and I believe (I could be wrong) Grant resigned with OKC over the summer and Philly wasn’t trying to use their cap for him. can’t blame them for grant one. That was a good move at the time

We can play the what if game with picking someone else. Seeing what they are now can make it easy. At the time of the draft Fultz was the consensus number 1.

We traded grant for a late 1 and Ilyasova, traded the 1 for a euro who’s never coming over, and traded ilyasova for a 2nd.

IndyRealist
02-09-2019, 04:02 PM
That's a stupid mindset.

With Miami they missed in 2008 draft with Beasley, still got the big 3 and won two titles.

Didn't change the fact if we had Westbrook or Love we're probably looking at 4 titles instead. I'm not giving Riley or the team a pass just because they did a good job in other areas. Still an epic fail in the draft. Traded a 2nd overall player for two 2nd round picks 2 years later.

Or you could have ended up with zero titles because their egos demanded touches and the team doesn't gel offensively. Nothing would prompt more iso ball than they already started with than adding one of Westbrook or Love. This isn't 2K.

TheDish87
02-13-2019, 04:51 PM
we are a top team in the league no doubt but it still hurt... not sure how you can cover up for it... It sucks and it busted but that happens... That being said we were never going to draft tatum so I am not worry about that and I am not sold on tatum like others are but he would have been a luxury to have because we could have maybe gotten a KL instead of a butler and kept cov and then went on to get a harris or something... who knows... But it still def hurt.

doesnt even hurt a little really. the pick was right, we cant help whatever this kid did after. He seemed to have hid an injury, tried to work around it only to make it worse, then allow it all to get into his own head. On top of it al he clearly was mentally ready for the league. He will probably end up being a low end starter or solid 6th man but its whatever, we arent gonna miss a player who didnt contribute.

TheDish87
02-13-2019, 04:53 PM
That's a stupid mindset.

you cant use hingsight though. That big 3 might not even happen if Miami drafted another star. Maybe all 3 teamup in Clev or Tor or elsewhere instead of Miami. Like you said, muliple titles were won and i bdt you havent heard a peep about missing on Beasley during the run. Why? bcuz no one cares when you win. You ant avoid draft mistakes unless youre the Spurs.

TheDish87
02-13-2019, 04:55 PM

i understand your point but again your using hindsight. Fox was never in contention to go in the top 3 although he shouldvw been ranked higher than Ball. Tatum would have went #1 if the trade didnt happen and we still take Fultz.

Scoots
02-14-2019, 12:06 AM
doesnt even hurt a little really. the pick was right, we cant help whatever this kid did after. He seemed to have hid an injury, tried to work around it only to make it worse, then allow it all to get into his own head. On top of it al he clearly was mentally ready for the league. He will probably end up being a low end starter or solid 6th man but its whatever, we arent gonna miss a player who didnt contribute.

"the pick was right" ... really? I can see him getting a lot better, but the concerns coming in to the draft have borne out and then some. Even with all the questions still unresolved about a draft just 2 years ago it seems clear Tatum, Mitchell, John Collins, Bam, OG, Hart, and Kuzma would have been better picks.

Unfortunately the Magic don't have a recent history of making the most of young players so he may never show what he could have been.

Rivera
02-14-2019, 10:39 AM
i understand your point but again your using hindsight. Fox was never in contention to go in the top 3 although he shouldvw been ranked higher than Ball. Tatum would have went #1 if the trade didnt happen and we still take Fultz.

except im not using hindsight :laugh2:

there was a discussion between Fultz-Ball-Tatum-Jackson for #1 overall, there wasnt a clear #1 overall

yall chose the wrong one

yall lost depth piece that could have helped your current stack roster like how the other poster pointed out, the Heat could've added a KLove or Westbrook to the Heatles and they may have won more championships and would have been better prepared once LBJ left

that isnt hindsight. thats what happened

TheDish87
02-14-2019, 10:46 AM
"the pick was right" ... really? I can see him getting a lot better, but the concerns coming in to the draft have borne out and then some. Even with all the questions still unresolved about a draft just 2 years ago it seems clear Tatum, Mitchell, John Collins, Bam, OG, Hart, and Kuzma would have been better picks.

Unfortunately the Magic don't have a recent history of making the most of young players so he may never show what he could have been.

Fultz had (has) the ideal skill set we wanted to pair with Simmons as guard and was (is) 2 way player. Tatum would have fit just fine and I was all for taking him, Fultz, or Josh Jackson at the time. Again, you cant use hindsight on gusy who were never in consideration to be drafted that high. Most of those dudes were post lotto picks and prob 3 are more than a solid player/good starter. Upside is part of the top and of the draft and we cant Fultz really hurt his own upside.

TheDish87
02-14-2019, 10:56 AM
except im not using hindsight :laugh2:

there was a discussion between Fultz-Ball-Tatum-Jackson for #1 overall, there wasnt a clear #1 overall

yall chose the wrong one

yall lost depth piece that could have helped your current stack roster like how the other poster pointed out, the Heat could've added a KLove or Westbrook to the Heatles and they may have won more championships and would have been better prepared once LBJ left

that isnt hindsight. thats what happened

this is all hindisght lol come on. who could have foreseen this Fultz situation?

Rivera
02-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Fultz had (has) the ideal skill set we wanted to pair with Simmons as guard and was (is) 2 way player. Tatum would have fit just fine and I was all for taking him, Fultz, or Josh Jackson at the time. Again, you cant use hindsight on gusy who were never in consideration to be drafted that high. Most of those dudes were post lotto picks and prob 3 are more than a solid player/good starter. Upside is part of the top and of the draft and we cant Fultz really hurt his own upside.

ok buddy sureeeeeeeeeee

its just a fact that isnt debatable, you can play the "hindsight" game all you want

fact is 76ers wasted the #1 overall pick

fact is they thought Fultz skill set would fit better and they were wrong because he cant get cleared to play and when he did it wasnt pretty

fact is 76ers could have selected someone better if they scouted better

fact is 76ers traded to go up to #1 and wasted an asset in SACs first rounder

you can poo poo trading Sacs #1 pick because they are in the playoff hunt but that pick is going to be somewhere between 14-18 and thats a quality player if you draft right

fact is 76ers could use another great talent off the bench to help that stacked starting 5

fact is 76ers are still no worse than 2nd round of the east

but yall lost, and it will be remembered ESPECIALLY if philly wins 0-1 rings when they glamorized "the process" (granted the ownership caved to NBA Pressure by letting the GOAT Sam but the ownership could have stood up and they didnt)

that is not hindsight, those are things that happened and one thing that will be blown up if the 76ers dont win championshipS (and yes i capitalized the S on purpose)

Rivera
02-14-2019, 11:02 AM
this is all hindisght lol come on. who could have foreseen this Fultz situation?

does it matter the circumstances? maybe the 76ers didnt do enough homework on him?

he couldnt hit the court, so they lost.

they took over a year to get him to a shoulder specialist and tried to make him play through it

thats bad management of 1 player

but tell me again how thats hindsight

TheDish87
02-14-2019, 02:34 PM
does it matter the circumstances? maybe the 76ers didnt do enough homework on him?

he couldnt hit the court, so they lost.

they took over a year to get him to a shoulder specialist and tried to make him play through it

thats bad management of 1 player

but tell me again how thats hindsight

thats on the league, remember they forced the Coangelos on us and Hinkie out. to my knowledge Fultz wasnt forced to play through anything. He took the offseason to work with a trainer to repair his shot only for it to not work then claim he had been injured the entire time. Whatever happened to Fltz i believe is firmly on him and his team. The team let him see how many doctors so he could fins something wrong himself? a lot. now the kids has the stones to take a shot at the franchise. youre gonna grow to be annoyed with him real soon in Orlando