PDA

View Full Version : Zubac’s traded, too!

Saddletramp
02-07-2019, 03:45 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/lakers-to-deal-zubac-beasley-for-muscala-may-add-carmelo.html?fv-home=true&post-id=118449

The Clippers have agreed to trade power forward Mike Muscala to the Lakers for young center Ivica Zubac and journeyman forwrd Michael Beasley, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. The deal will open a roster spot the Lakers, affording them the opportunity to sign a player on the buyout market, with Carmelo Anthony among the players they’ll consider, Wojnarowski adds (Twitter links here).

The Lakers will “seriously look” at Anthony, the Los Angeles Times’ Brad Turner tweets.

The Clippers’ initial plan is to waive Beasley, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports tweets.

Dang. Thought he was ballin’.

Lebron got his man, though

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Championship.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Wow Zubac probably was the Lakers best young big and they trade him across to the Clippers...Magic is an idiot

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Clippers won that deal. Unless Beasley fell off from his playing days with Milwaukee. Seems Laker fans hyped up Zubac.

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Lakers top priority was always to get Melo everything else was a smokescreen to trick everyone

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Zubac will probably be a stud for the Clippers

zn23
02-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Zubac is the best big the Lakers had and has shown flashes of dominance. Seems like a blunder by Magic.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Clippers won that deal. Unless Beasley fell off from his playing days with Milwaukee. Seems Laker fans hyped up Zubac.

Beasley getting waived because he's terrible. Zubac is the best player in the deal though.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:51 PM
It seems Magic is getting rid of the young pieces one by one

Chronz
02-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Was ****ing jealous of my laker friends cuz of zubac.

I hope we can resign him on the cheap

TrueFan420
02-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Great deal for the Clippers. LA should have just cut Beasley.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Zubac could have been used to lure AD but I guess not

Scoots
02-07-2019, 04:06 PM
lakers top priority was always to get melo everything else was a smokescreen to trick everyone

lol

Swift Game
02-07-2019, 04:10 PM
He was an expiring deal..still a little confused as we could have used him...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 04:15 PM
He was an expiring deal..still a little confused as we could have used him...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The only thing I can come with is either
1) Magic didn't realize he could just cut Beasley, or
2) zubac was making the most noise in the locker room.

Nothing else makes sense.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Magic is ****ing awful man holy ****... Why is this happening? Clippers out here boys wow.

kobebabe
02-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Such a horrible deal. I hope Muscala proves is wrong

Chronz
02-07-2019, 04:23 PM
The only thing I can come with is either
1) Magic didn't realize he could just cut Beasley, or
2) zubac was making the most noise in the locker room.

Nothing else makes sense.

They needed a stretch big?

Heediot
02-07-2019, 04:24 PM
lol muscala was probably getting bought out! or could of been had for just beasley if it was another gm.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Such a horrible deal. I hope Muscala proves is wrong

when his shot is falling he can do something but when it isnt he is the worst player on the floor and previously part of the death lineup in philly... moose/TJ/JJ... the all nba worst defensive team... JJ at least brought a ton of offense. awful awful awful deal... clippers will retain zubs for cheap like the pelicans did randle... so now thats randle/DLO/Zub/Clarkson gone... Magic is a ****ing moron.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 04:29 PM
They needed a stretch big?

That would require them to have a cohesive strategy that's more than "give the ball to Lebron".

Scoots
02-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Lakers fans were saying they wouldn't cut Beasley because he was doing so good, and Zubac was the next great NBA center ... and they were dumped for Mike ****ing Muscala?

Saddletramp
02-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Lakers fans were saying they wouldn't cut Beasley because he was doing so good, and Zubac was the next great NBA center ... and they were dumped for Mike ****ing Muscala?

He hit some clutch shots last week in Oakland......

Rivera
02-07-2019, 04:49 PM
yea i hate this deal for LAL. my LAL friends like it because they tell me they need a strech big. but i thought Zubac was worth more.

i guess they really really really wanted Melo

PAOboston
02-07-2019, 04:52 PM
But....Marc Jackson said Zubac reminded him of Marc Gasol! How could this happen???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tp13baby
02-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Lol what the **** is Magic doing. Zubac showed potential man.

TrueFan420
02-07-2019, 05:21 PM
But....Marc Jackson said Zubac reminded him of Marc Gasol! How could this happen???

It’s prob gonna play out the same... under appreciated with the Lakers and will then go on to blow up once he leaves the Lakers. Clips got a great deal.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 05:23 PM
That would require them to have a cohesive strategy that's more than "give the ball to Lebron".

Bron with the ball still opens up perimeter jimmies

DanG
02-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Don't get this move to be honest. Zubac was a good prospect who could turn out to be another nice European big. Muscala is a stretch 4/5 but we already have Wagner who is kind of similar.

They say we opened up a roster spot but whoever we are going to sign isn't going to be worth it... this season is already over pretty much.

On another note, what a trade deadline for the Clippers. Turned something out of nothing basically stealing Zubac for Muscala and a load of picks for an expiring Harris.

aman_13
02-07-2019, 07:36 PM
I thought he was one of their better young players. Surprised by this.

aman_13
02-07-2019, 07:39 PM
Don't get this move to be honest. Zubac was a good prospect who could turn out to be another nice European big. Muscala is a stretch 4/5 but we already have Wagner who is kind of similar.

They say we opened up a roster spot but whoever we are going to sign isn't going to be worth it... this season is already over pretty much.

On another note, what a trade deadline for the Clippers. Turned something out of nothing basically stealing Zubac for Muscala and a load of picks for an expiring Harris.

The only thing i can think of is the fit next to LeBron. Maybe they liked Muscala's 3 point shooting ability.

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 08:08 PM
The only thing i can think of is the fit next to LeBron. Maybe they liked Muscala's 3 point shooting ability.

Lakers needed Muscala for their championship push lol

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 08:15 PM
I thought he was one of their better young players. Surprised by this.

Statistically, he was their best young player imo.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Statistically, he was their best young player imo.
Not Bonga?

Scoots
02-07-2019, 09:31 PM
So, we went from LeBron isn't going to push Magic around and Magic isn't going to trade away assets just to win because of LeBron and Walton is the coach no question, to the team being built in the strangest way I've ever seen, to LeBron showing/making the "young core" worse, to Magic waiting all of a week before he lit Walton's seat on fire, to all of the teams assets being offered for one great player, the team falling apart, and some of the "young core" being dumped for Mike ****ing Muscala and the prevailing story being that the Lakers are going to miss the playoffs while maybe wasting a couple more years of LeBron's career while the "young core" is traded away and trying to bring in "complementary super stars".

c.c.
02-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Let’s you know how value is really was

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 10:32 PM
So, we went from LeBron isn't going to push Magic around and Magic isn't going to trade away assets just to win because of LeBron and Walton is the coach no question, to the team being built in the strangest way I've ever seen, to LeBron showing/making the "young core" worse, to Magic waiting all of a week before he lit Walton's seat on fire, to all of the teams assets being offered for one great player, the team falling apart, and some of the "young core" being dumped for Mike ****ing Muscala and the prevailing story being that the Lakers are going to miss the playoffs while maybe wasting a couple more years of LeBron's career while the "young core" is traded away and trying to bring in "complementary super stars".

You're speaking too much truth. Might get a warning or a few points removed for that.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 10:39 PM
Who the **** is we?

lakers squad
02-07-2019, 10:49 PM

Maybe Magic thought he wouldn't be able to resign Zu, otherwise I just don't get it!

Scoots
02-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Who the **** is we?

The collective.

Cracka2HI!
02-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Strange. I think I know who both Muscala and Zubac are but I must be wrong about how good they are. Surprised another team didn't come with actually offer for Zubac. Maybe the Lakers FO is even worse than I thought but that would be tough. I must be missing something about this deal. I'm pretty sure the Clippers were waiving Muscala and they get a 21 year old big that's shown a little game for him? I really love what Jerry West is doing with the Clippers. Going from Doc Rivers as GM to this is astounding. Remember that idiot in the off-season who was running his mouth that the Clippers were done and Jerry West is going to die this year? I don't remember who it was but that was someone's take and I don't think they were trolling. There also aren't nearly as many posts about how the Clippers will blow it and get no one like they always do anymore. Despite that fact that we unloaded half our roster and are tanking the season....this may be the best time ever to be a Clipper fan even if that isn't saying much.

Lakers + Giants
02-08-2019, 12:03 AM
Strange. I think I know who both Muscala and Zubac are but I must be wrong about how good they are. Surprised another team didn't come with actually offer for Zubac. Maybe the Lakers FO is even worse than I thought but that would be tough. I must be missing something about this deal. I'm pretty sure the Clippers were waiving Muscala and they get a 21 year old big that's shown a little game for him? I really love what Jerry West is doing with the Clippers. Going from Doc Rivers as GM to this is astounding. Remember that idiot in the off-season who was running his mouth that the Clippers were done and Jerry West is going to die this year? I don't remember who it was but that was someone's take and I don't think they were trolling. There also aren't nearly as many posts about how the Clippers will blow it and get no one like they always do anymore. Despite that fact that we unloaded half our roster and are tanking the season....this may be the best time ever to be a Clipper fan even if that isn't saying much.

I agree with everything.

As for the bolded, heard that during the darius miles days, during the mobley brand days, during lob city.

TrueFan420
02-08-2019, 12:39 AM
I agree with everything.

As for the bolded, heard that during the darius miles days, during the mobley brand days, during lob city.
Fair enough but I wouldn’t bet against Jerry West. Everywhere he goes he wins. Look at what he did with the Lakers then with the grind house Griz then the Warriors and now the Clips. Their not anything just yet but he’s helped to put them in great shape for a rebuild after being there for two years.

FlashBolt
02-08-2019, 01:09 AM
this is why I have a problem with teams getting upset players want to leave their crappy team. Clippers were heading nowhere until Jerry West came along. You can hate the Clippers if you're Lakers fans but you gotta admire how brilliant Jerry West has been in shaping that franchise. Teams need to hire competent GM's. Dell Demps is a clueless GM and one of the worst since he took that job. Another one are the Bulls after what they did last night trading two expiring contracts and above average players for one overpriced contract that Wizards were desperately trying to get rid of. Unbelievable. Jerry West is scratching his head wondering what half the teams in the league are doing

FlashBolt
02-08-2019, 01:10 AM
Fair enough but I wouldn’t bet against Jerry West. Everywhere he goes he wins. Look at what he did with the Lakers then with the grind house Griz then the Warriors and now the Clips. Their not anything just yet but he’s helped to put them in great shape for a rebuild after being there for two years.

and he's 80 years old. this man is a genius.

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2019, 01:36 AM
I agree with everything.

Depending on how you look at it, it's either the most awesome or pathetic part of being a Clipper fan. It actually has always been getting better. The days before the one's you speak of are names like Piatkowski, Vaught, Barry, Roberts, Closs, Outlaw, Pooh, Martin, Brunson, Fisch, Benjamin and those were the good players. The fact that the organization is being run very well right now is exciting. I can't imagine what it feels like for Lakers fans that actually understand how poorly they are being run right now.

Lakers + Giants
02-08-2019, 02:08 AM
Depending on how you look at it, it's either the most awesome or pathetic part of being a Clipper fan. It actually has always been getting better. The days before the one's you speak of are names like Piatkowski, Vaught, Barry, Roberts, Closs, Outlaw, Pooh, Martin, Brunson, Fisch, Benjamin and those were the good players. The fact that the organization is being run very well right now is exciting. I can't imagine what it feels like for Lakers fans that actually understand how poorly they are being run right now.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand we're run by Idiots.

This past week made it more evident than ever. Still though, Nothing is guaranteed. Even after this past week, We're still in a good situation because of our youth (even if it's overrated or underrated, depending on who you ask) + LeBron (which could also draw or deter other FAs) + $.

gogo
02-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Wow Zubac probably was the Lakers best young big and they trade him across to the Clippers...Magic is an idiot

That's what I keep trying to tell people. Earvin is a flat out moron. He actually thought MCW was the next Jason Kidd.

He signed the top 5 knuckleheads in the entire league: Beasley, Rondo, Lance, Javale and Lebron. Name even one team in the rest of the nba that has even one blockhead as dumb as any of the first five mentioned. Earvin managed to sign FIVE of them.

This is going to blow up in his face. All of the young players are demoralized. Earvin, Jeannie and Pelinka have been exposed either as Lebron's puppets or clueless, desperate get rich quick scammers, and most likely both.

Earvin will have to walk by 2020, since he gave himself the Jim Buss ultimatum. Lebron's going to want to walk by then as well, throwing the entire team under the bus in order to do so. Jeannie will to be too dumb to even recognize what's going on. Pelinka will leave with Earvin.

In 2020 the Lakers will be right back to where they started after Jim and Mitch were fired: rock bottom.

Jeannie will make yet another equally idiotic choice for team president then. And the cycle will continue on over and over again. The lakers are sunk.

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2019, 03:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand we're run by Idiots.

This past week made it more evident than ever. Still though, Nothing is guaranteed. Even after this past week, We're still in a good situation because of our youth (even if it's overrated or underrated, depending on who you ask) + LeBron (which could also draw or deter other FAs) + $.

That's true. The only real problem with what the Lakers did was that they did it so publicly and failed. If they didn't miss out on Davis I don't think anyone would care about this. We'll see if Zubac pays off for the Clipps. Bullock and Muscala could help the Lakers. If it were the Clippers and Hawks those would be the headlines.

gogo
02-08-2019, 03:35 AM
http://www.spectrumsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20190207/rob-pelinka-trade-deadline-interview

I assumed Pelinka had to be the smartest guy in the room when Earvin, Jeannie, Luke and himself convene.

After this interview, I'm not so sure. He says Muscala and Bullock can spread the floor with their outside shooting but muscala's shooting a pretty bad 34% from 3's and an atrocious 39% overall. Bullock is 39% from 3's but only 41% from the field. Both have PER's in the 10-11 range.

Pelinka says their goal now is to make the playoffs and that he wouldn't want to face the lakers in a 7 game series. WTF? They have one good shooter in Bullock but he's unproven in an organization that's basically a clown show. Otherwise, they don't have a single 3 pt threat, and they lean heavily on 1st and 2nd year players in their rotation.

Lebron will post great numbers if they make the postseason but the lakers rely far more heavily on young players than any other team 1-9 in the west. Not to mention teams 1-9 all have superior coaching.

This is embarrassing spin and/or wishful thinking on pelinka's part. The bullock signing makes sense but they've failed in every other regard in this trade period.

gogo
02-08-2019, 03:52 AM

I don't say this lightly but Jerry West is a personnel genius. I'm not saying he's the only one. Pop and RC Buford have been amazing as well. Morey was on a bit of a roll until Fertitta the tightwad arrived on the scene. Obviously Toronto, Boston and GS have been great as well. Philly surprisingly as well.

But no one has as consistent a track record of success with player evaluation, acquisition, drafting and trading as West. Considering his longevity and championship count there's little doubt he's the best of all time.

Not surprisingly the Lakers declined to sign him. Now this is not to say that the clips will become a championship contender. The west is far too deep to make it a lock. But Ballmer and West are no dummies. West has made some very shrewd less showy moves (trading Tobias, signing zubac) and some very big moves (trading griffin and declining to resign Paul).

I'm not convinced that LAC can catch the big fish however. There are rumors floating that the warriors will try to sign Kawhi if Durant leaves. I don't know if LAC is a free agent destination.

What is the rationale for an all nba level player to sign with LAC? Is it because they want to avoid teaming with Lebron? Is it to avoid joining the warriors' super team? Is it because LA is an attractive city? I just don't see the narrative or motivation.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 09:23 AM
With West making moves running the team like he is and has been, the Clippers look more like an intriguing team to be with than the Lakers and to think the least attractive LA team actually has more upside than the almighty Lakers and that's saying something

Scoots
02-08-2019, 11:08 AM
So, last week Magic had the Lakers fans total faith, now he's a moron.

Sports fans are fickle.

ewing
02-08-2019, 11:51 AM

Sports fans are fickle.

That’s a nice way to put it [emoji3]

Heediot
02-08-2019, 12:10 PM

Sports fans are fickle.

He kind of dodged one IMO. He was getting played, pretty sure he would've added another first or two lolol...

TakeYourL
02-08-2019, 12:34 PM
That's what I keep trying to tell people. Earvin is a flat out moron. He actually thought MCW was the next Jason Kidd.

He signed the top 5 knuckleheads in the entire league: Beasley, Rondo, Lance, Javale and Lebron. Name even one team in the rest of the nba that has even one blockhead as dumb as any of the first five mentioned. Earvin managed to sign FIVE of them.

I have a theory that Bron is the one who wanted those 4 knuckleheads so that when the Lakers don't do well this year the media would spin it as Bron was surrounded by 4 knuckleheads who can't shoot.

I mean seriously, nothing else makes any sense to sign those guys and no shooters.

Everyone knows Bron wants to be surrounded by shooters.

TrueFan420
02-08-2019, 01:15 PM
and he's 80 years old. this man is a genius.
He really is. I’d be interested to know how much say he really has. I know with the Warriors he was a consultant who’s opinion was obviously valued but not final. The warriors approach it as a collective with the owner making the final say. As an example, he pushed hard for Klay and that side won out. However, the next draft he was pushing for Drummond over Barnes and that side lost out. Don’t need to get into a Drummond vs Barnes debate either. Drummond is better but we might not win our Rings with Drummond instead of Barnes. Either way, I’d be interested to know if their GM is doing everything he says or if their also trying to take the collective approach like the warriors.

gogo
02-08-2019, 08:08 PM
According to rumors, Jeannie has final say, which tells you all you need to know. If rumors are true.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Who cares about the Lakers? I rather see Kings or some other exciting team there.

Sanjay
02-08-2019, 11:42 PM
He really is. I’d be interested to know how much say he really has. I know with the Warriors he was a consultant who’s opinion was obviously valued but not final. The warriors approach it as a collective with the owner making the final say. As an example, he pushed hard for Klay and that side won out. However, the next draft he was pushing for Drummond over Barnes and that side lost out. Don’t need to get into a Drummond vs Barnes debate either. Drummond is better but we might not win our Rings with Drummond instead of Barnes. Either way, I’d be interested to know if their GM is doing everything he says or if their also trying to take the collective approach like the warriors.

You would not have won championships without Barnes?

TrueFan420
02-08-2019, 11:55 PM
You would not have won championships without Barnes?

Yea the first we won he was a big part of even as the weak link. He helped us go to small ball. His size and strength at the 4 was key. Drummond instead of Barnes and we don’t get a death line up. With Drummond we might have won but we werent favorites that first year. Drummond’s passing isn’t good either. He doesn’t fit Kerr’s system. We might be stuck in medicory with Marc Jackson. Barnes turning down the contract offer to get to FA also let us get KD which led to many more. He likely signs the first offer/ if does we don’t get KD. History is changed forever.

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 12:00 AM
People think Lakers are poorly run. That all depends on what they do THIS offseason. The chances they were getting AD were very slim when this season began. People thought it was to get Kawhi, KD, or Klay - not AD. If Magic strikes out without a top player in the offseason, that's when you can blame Magic. Magic has done his job in recruiting LeBron and lakers, when fully healthy, I think they have a chance to beat any team other than the Warriors in the West. That's a quick turnaround considering last year, they were on the verge of being a top ten worst team in the NBA.

ewing
02-09-2019, 12:19 AM
People think Lakers are poorly run. That all depends on what they do THIS offseason. The chances they were getting AD were very slim when this season began. People thought it was to get Kawhi, KD, or Klay - not AD. If Magic strikes out without a top player in the offseason, that's when you can blame Magic. Magic has done his job in recruiting LeBron and lakers, when fully healthy, I think they have a chance to beat any team other than the Warriors in the West. That's a quick turnaround considering last year, they were on the verge of being a top ten worst team in the NBA.

You are right. Personal wise it not like they have ****ed themselves it more like LeBron, his agency, and Magic are just embarrassing

gogo
02-09-2019, 12:56 AM

The Lakers ARE poorly run. Earvin has not made a single quality decision in his entire tenure. Signing Lebron doesn't count. Lebron had decided at least a year in advance to signing with the lakers that he was coming to Los Angeles. Lebron is basically semi-retired and he signed with the lakers for the enjoyment of his family and to entertain his delusion that he's going to build a media empire in LA.

In the interim, Earvin has whiffed on every single top tier free agent: Kawhi, George, Cousins, and KD has publicly stated he wants no part of Lebron, Klay is resigning with the warriors obviously. Davis blew up in his face. Not to mention Demps wants no part of Lonzo/Lavar in any trade package. Ingram, Hart and Kuzma will probably thrive outside of the lakers' circus but they attract little interest from other GM's.

The presence of Lebron makes it difficult to attract other top free agents. Very few top players want to play with him. Even if he were the ideal teammate, and he is the exact opposite of that, he's 35. He has maybe one more year in his prime left. He hasn't played defense for years.

Lebron is not quite irrelevant at this point in his career but it's close.

IndyRealist
02-09-2019, 03:43 PM
Lebron joining the Lakers was Lebron's decision, not Magic.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Regardless of what happens this coming off-season the Lakers this season are a bizarre mess of a team. If they make the playoffs it's down to LeBron's genius, and no thanks to the rest of the Lakers organization.

I think it's becoming a bit of a stretch for any of the top free agents to choose the Lakers to play. KD and Kawhi have said they don't want to play with LeBron, Kyrie and Klay are probably staying where they are, Butler essentially said he'd stay in Philly if they pay him, It's looking like Vucevic is goint to stay in Orlando.

Kemba, Cousins, Middleton, and Harris are tough to predict, but not exactly superstar draws for LA.

Then we get to AD ... are the Lakers going to offer more in the off-season for him? If not then he may get traded elsewhere and any guarantee he ends up a Laker goes WAY down.

So, one more wasted off-season and LeBron is 36 and the window is closing.

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Lebron joining the Lakers was Lebron's decision, not Magic.

Sounds like you just want to argue, really.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 06:29 PM

It's a fact that refute's your position that Magic "recruited" LeBron.

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 06:37 PM
It's a fact that refute's your position that Magic "recruited" LeBron.

You can recruit someone while the other person has mutual understanding of joining the team. Why did Magic go to LeBron's house to meet for hours if this wasn't the case? Clearly Magic had some impact. Don't be silly, Scoots. LeBron could have gone to LAL without Magic, sure. But are you implying Magic didn't have any role in trying to recruit LeBron? If Mitch and Jim Buss were in charge, do you think LeBron feels the same about joining the Lakers?

gogo
02-09-2019, 06:47 PM
You can recruit someone while the other person has mutual understanding of joining the team. Why did Magic go to LeBron's house to meet for hours if this wasn't the case? Clearly Magic had some impact. Don't be silly, Scoots. LeBron could have gone to LAL without Magic, sure. But are you implying Magic didn't have any role in trying to recruit LeBron? If Mitch and Jim Buss were in charge, do you think LeBron feels the same about joining the Lakers?

It doesn't matter. This year is a loss and next season is likely his last in his prime. He's already missed 17 games this season and he hasn't played defense in many years. He's been strictly a one way player for a long time.

None of the big name free agents want to play with him. Davis is an exception but even with Davis, they are no threat to the warriors as they are currently constructed.

The younger players are 5 years away from their prime.

Jeannie, Earvin and Pelinka are terrible. They display a desperate get rich quick mentality and the lakers have no ability to develop young players.

IndyRealist
02-09-2019, 07:04 PM

Magic doesn't get credit for getting Lebron there, only for having enough cap space to make it happen. Lebron ended up in LA because that's where Lebron wanted to go. Magic had zero to do with that.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Magic doesn't get credit for getting Lebron there, only for having enough cap space to make it happen. Lebron ended up in LA because that's where Lebron wanted to go. Magic had zero to do with that.

And around we go.

Cracka2HI!
02-10-2019, 04:25 PM
I think to say the Lakers FO isn't doing a bad job is beyond a ridiculously bad take.

gogo
02-10-2019, 06:54 PM
LOL Earvin and Lebron got punked!

Chronz
02-10-2019, 07:51 PM
I think to say the Lakers FO isn't doing a bad job is beyond a ridiculously bad take.
Why? I think they were better off not sending off everyone but its a 50/50 call almost. They tried to nab a star, Bron wont be Bron for much longer.

If they did bad it was by expecting to be able to build with Bron at this point, at least when Wilt came in his final years they already had a semi contender. Honestly, he shouldve came to the Clippers.

gogo
02-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Why? I think they were better off not sending off everyone but its a 50/50 call almost. They tried to nab a star, Bron wont be Bron for much longer.

If they did bad it was by expecting to be able to build with Bron at this point, at least when Wilt came in his final years they already had a semi contender. Honestly, he shouldve came to the Clippers.

Dummy should've gone to the Sixers.

The lakers are in full on tank mode.

Chronz
02-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Dummy should've gone to the Sixers.

The lakers are in full on tank mode.

It was the team I wanted him on

Giannis94
02-10-2019, 10:15 PM
This lebron contract seems like it's eerily similar to the cp3 contract

Chronz
02-11-2019, 01:07 AM

Houston would be better off with Bron even if he played as ******/sparingly as CP3 has

gogo
02-11-2019, 05:25 AM

No way. CP3 is far more valuable to the rockets than Lebron is to the lakers.

Cracka2HI!
02-11-2019, 11:26 PM

Where to start? Compare the way the Clippers did business in the Tobias Harris trade that had literally no rumors to the AD circus. Dealing in public and dragging your fragile 22 year old players ego through the mud like that is straight up Busch League. I don't really give them credit for LeBron. That was a lifestyle/business decision made by him. Go ahead and give them credit though. Name one other good move? After signing LeBron, the Lakers aren't better than the Clippers who have sold off their entire roster. How could that possibly be good?

gogo
02-11-2019, 11:30 PM
If this was a "business" decision, it's been bad for business for all parties involved.

The lakers are the titanic. I doubt even Jeannie will go down with this ship.

If Jeannie can remove herself from all executive, personnel and business decisions in favor of someone competent, they can become a winning team again. Until then, the Lakers will be an embarrassment to everyone associated with them.

gogo
02-11-2019, 11:33 PM
It was the team I wanted him on

Still, it would not have been a lock to make the finals. TOR and MIL look pretty strong this year.

Cracka2HI!
02-11-2019, 11:34 PM
If this was a "business" decision, it's been bad for business for all parties involved.

The lakers are the titanic. I doubt even Jeannie will go down with this ship.

Business reason outside of basketball. I have no doubt playing for the Lakers is good for LeBron's brand no matter what they do on the court. It's not easy to wine and dine big Hollywood players in Cleveland.

gogo
02-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Business reason outside of basketball. I have no doubt playing for the Lakers is good for LeBron's brand no matter what they do on the court. It's not easy to wine and dine big Hollywood players in Cleveland.

Yeah, he's looking for some rich sponsors to make his career just like they made earvin's. Just like they supported oj Simpson too after his playing career was over.

He's looking for some handlers he can be a frontman for while others make his decisions.

Scoots
02-13-2019, 02:38 AM

I think what they did after LeBron came in the offseason that was strange, signing a bunch of 1 year players that don't likely come back, and THAT group of players is just ... odd. But everybody was saying wait till next year ... so now next year is coming closer and people are looking at the real numbers and saying there is no way the Lakers get 2 max contracts (not actually possible), and may not get 1 of the 3 superstars "on the market" at all with 2 of them already implying they don't want to play with LeBron. The best case apparently is LeBron/AD and a bunch of stuff.

ewing
02-13-2019, 07:31 AM
Rumor is he said “hi” to Lonzo before saying “hi” to LeBron at practice one day