PDA

View Full Version : How big of a mess are the Lakers?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 07:09 AM
I lean on the"yes" side. Not only has he made some brutal move, he got played by the pelicans and his team just lost by 42 to a dipo-less pacers.

Let's set the record straight - lebron didn't sign with Lal because of magic. But rather because of location.

I'm going to say magic is fired if they don't do much today with lebron essentially being interim gm like in Cleveland.

How big of a mess are the Lakers? Yuge 8/10. So much dysfunction that it's kinda turned into a Hispanic soap opera where no one knows what's happening next with a bunch of commotion.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Bet LeBron already regrets signing in LA

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 08:04 AM

Absolutely. I mean the Lakers are 1 lebron signing away from being in the conversation with the knicks for who needs zion more. Think I'm joking? Watch them play.

lakerfan85
02-07-2019, 08:21 AM
I wish Lebron had signed somewhere else..

Tg11
02-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Plus you can't trade LeBron since he got a no trade clause

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Plus you can't trade LeBron since he got a no trade clause

Give me a reason he wouldn't waive it at this point. I mean if he's traded to the clippers then he doesn't have to change anything. They got picks and can sign him and ad if the bucks don't

Tg11
02-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Yeah but LeBron has never waived a no trade if ever in his career and even if he did which is like a very very slim chance but if he did then it is gonna be the same situation all over again in Cleveland and LA but in his new location as well. I don't see LeBron going anywhere but I see Magic getting fired and LeBron ends up becoming quasi GM just like in Cleveland with Jeannie giving him free reign.

kobebabe
02-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Itís ridiculous to see how people here overreact and over analyze situations. Did Magic actually cause all this mess? Did he actually leak all the trade particular? Was he not supposed to make offers to NO? You are damned if you do and if you donít. If he chose not to engage the NO everyone will be here bashing him for not trying to acquire such a talent at his disposal. Itís not his fault that it didnít materialize. Itís not his fault that it was all over media. NO leaked all the details to retaliate. May be he is guilty of tampering but not whatís going on.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 09:28 AM
All I can say is that I hope they have a backup plan, because I wouldn't want to finish the year with this squad after everything that's happened.

ewing
02-07-2019, 09:29 AM
This is what happens when you do business with classless, self centered, social media obsessed, egoists like LeBron and Co.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 09:30 AM
All I can say is that I hope they have a backup plan, because I wouldn't want to finish the year with this squad after everything that's happened.

Looks like the Lakers will be missing out on AD

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Itís ridiculous to see how people here overreact and over analyze situations. Did Magic actually cause all this mess? Did he actually leak all the trade particular? Was he not supposed to make offers to NO? You are damned if you do and if you donít. If he chose not to engage the NO everyone will be here bashing him for not trying to acquire such a talent at his disposal. Itís not his fault that it didnít materialize. Itís not his fault that it was all over media. NO leaked all the details to retaliate. May be he is guilty of tampering but not whatís going on.

Kamas a real *****, eh? If you can dish it out you can damn well take it. Stfu and enjoy the comedy thst the Lakers have created

Tg11
02-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Lakers did this to themselves

Hawkeye15
02-07-2019, 10:37 AM
This is what happens when you do business with classless, self centered, social media obsessed, egoists like LeBron and Co.

correction-to an older, less motivated LeBron. He is absolutely worth the headache when he is the LeBron we know, but at some point, we knew he wouldn't be able to carry a roster, and he is clearly difficult to play and work with.

angelsfan1984
02-07-2019, 11:08 AM
LOL! You nerds love to bag on the Lakers.

STRIKERC
02-07-2019, 11:11 AM
If i'm the Pelicans I'll trade everybody on the team for draft picks Sam Hinkie style and let AD play out the rest of his contract with G league players. He and his agent LeBron have ruined the Pels either way so stick it to him.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 11:12 AM
If i'm the Pelicans I'll trade everybody on the team for draft picks Sam Hinkie style and let AD play out the rest of his contract with G league players. He and his agent LeBron has ruined the Pels either way so stick it to him.

Out of spite I send AD to somewhere he doesn't want to be at

aman_13
02-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Seriously though the Lakers will probably get Davis in the end anyway but they should be legitimately worried about the Clippers.

ewing
02-07-2019, 12:43 PM
LOL! You nerds love to bag on the Lakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

MRSpock
02-07-2019, 05:27 PM
The NBA forum on this site feels like a TMZ sports forum. All rumors and "feelings".

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Fire Magic because he tried to get AD? Not sure what the problem is. OP just wants to entertain himself.

Heediot
02-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Klutch and the Lakers gave it a swing.

On the flip side the morale and chemistry took a big dent. And Bron will be in an uncomfortable situation.

Melo is coming for sure so he can have a locker room friend.

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 05:38 PM
the same happened with the Cavs last year. They're trying to maximize their time with LeBron. Doesn't always work but at least they gave it a shot. The younger players being affected by this can take it in two ways: Play better so they can prove everyone wrong or cave in and lower their value and get crappy contracts. If they can't understand the business side of things, they won't do well in the NBA acting like children. LeBron needs to gather this group along with Rondo/Chandler if they are to try and recover. They'll probably get Melo but they have no excuse not to make the playoffs.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Man, it didn't take long for the spin to reach obnoxious levels.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 06:18 PM
the same happened with the Cavs last year. They're trying to maximize their time with LeBron. Doesn't always work but at least they gave it a shot. The younger players being affected by this can take it in two ways: Play better so they can prove everyone wrong or cave in and lower their value and get crappy contracts. If they can't understand the business side of things, they won't do well in the NBA acting like children. LeBron needs to gather this group along with Rondo/Chandler if they are to try and recover. They'll probably get Melo but they have no excuse not to make the playoffs.

never wanted to trade for PG13 because he thought he could get him and got burned

Never wanted to give up ingram for KL because he thinks he can get him in free agency

Tried to trade every player on his team with picks and taking on salary all while alienating his young core

Let randle walk for nothing

Just traded Zubac for muscala 0.0

Is listening to GM lebron when I figured he would have a set of balls and do things his way

Listened to jennie buss or whatever her name is the owner and drafted lonzo ball over fox even though he wanted fox much much more.

He has done 1 thing right and that was trade DLO and get Kuz and out from under that contract... Lebron was coming here for LA not magic... Magic has been horrid so far and the way he got suckered in and made to look a fool because of the pelicans is sad

gogo
02-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Doesn't matter if Earvin is fired. Jeannie is still owner and she's dumber than a bag of rocks.

The lakers are finished.

FlashBolt
02-07-2019, 06:33 PM
btw magic wanted DeAaron fox.. Jeanie wanted Lonzo. This is a joke by Jeanie. Nothing wrong with wanting Lonzo. He was a top five pick by most mock drafts. But is Magic the one making decisions or will Jeanie overrule him the entire way through?

gogo
02-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Yes, Jeannie will overrule magic. And yes, magic will leak to the press to throw her under the bus.

They're both dumb low IQ individuals. They both seek a quick fix and they don't know how to evaluate or develop talent.

The lakers will continue to get crushed by superior ownership and management groups in the west, which is just about all of them. If Demps can outwit Earvin and Jeannie, then just imagine how disadvantaged they are compared to GS, West/Ballmer, Pop/Spurs, Morey, etc.

DanG
02-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Magic wasn't ever gonna win in this situation. Who wouldn't try to call the Pelicans and make an offer for AD especially after he demanded a trade and the deadline is approaching? He would be killed had he not been in contact cause it would have been another Paul George situation with reports coming out the Lakers aren't willing to give up anything.

It was either throw everything at them, Pelicans leak the details, young players know they aren't part of the future, chemistry goes down.

or

They don't make a trade offer, AD finds out, ends up on another team thinking the Lakers don't want him bad enough.

gogo
02-07-2019, 07:54 PM
Magic will quit of his own accord. He won't be around longer than late summer 2020. He gave himself an ultimatum, just like the previous incompetent president, Jim Buss.

Jeannie is an incompetent owner in her own right so she'll make another dumb decision. She'll call in some former laker like Kurt Rambis or Brian Shaw or even Kobe.

Jeannie showed how dumb she was passing on Jerry West.

The lakers are finished.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 08:13 PM
Magic wasn't ever gonna win in this situation. Who wouldn't try to call the Pelicans and make an offer for AD especially after he demanded a trade and the deadline is approaching? He would be killed had he not been in contact cause it would have been another Paul George situation with reports coming out the Lakers aren't willing to give up anything.

It was either throw everything at them, Pelicans leak the details, young players know they aren't part of the future, chemistry goes down.

or

They don't make a trade offer, AD finds out, ends up on another team thinking the Lakers don't want him bad enough.

According to reports, the Lakers leaked the offer, not the Pels.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 08:19 PM
According to reports, the Lakers leaked the offer, not the Pels.

Supposedly because word got out that they lowballed for kawhi

gogo
02-08-2019, 02:19 AM
If so, they're even dumber than I thought possible.

Lakers + Giants
02-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Philly > Bucks.

go 76ers, go MTM!

gogo
02-08-2019, 02:38 AM
I won't say earvin is worse than Jim buss. No one can be as incompetent as Jim buss. But Earvin is close. He's certainly a below average exec. That much is certain.

He certainly deserves to be fired. But the problem once again is that jeannie is an incompetent as well and will hire yet another terrible president.

The lakers won't ever be able to gain any traction as long as jeannie is in charge.

More-Than-Most
02-08-2019, 02:41 AM
Philly > Bucks.

go 76ers, go MTM!

lol the funny thing is i dont fear the bucks... I fear the celtics/raptors way more. Bucks are the 2nd best team right now in the league but the cant win come the playoffs... they will be kicked in round 2 by the raptors or celtics or sixers. Your team has a job to do as well... Win the 8th seed and upset the warriors so sixers can win championship please.

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Philly > Bucks.

go 76ers, go MTM!

This! 100

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-08-2019, 12:10 PM
I'll take the Bucks over the Sixers still.

I like Harris a lot, but the Sixers still have to find a way to make it all work. I don't think that's going to be the easiest task. The Move the Bucks made will be a more seamless transition for them.

I still like Toronto to come out of the East though with Boston as the 2nd most dangerous team. If I'm ranking them 1-4 come playoff time, for me it's:

Toronto
Boston
Milwaukee
Philly

It's gonna be fun this year though. Those 4 teams are pretty evenly matched, so it really could be any one of them who gets to have the privilege of losing to Golden State in 5 or 6 games.

Giannis94
02-08-2019, 01:17 PM
lol the funny thing is i dont fear the bucks... I fear the celtics/raptors way more. Bucks are the 2nd best team right now in the league but the cant win come the playoffs... they will be kicked in round 2 by the raptors or celtics or sixers. Your team has a job to do as well... Win the 8th seed and upset the warriors so sixers can win championship please.

Salty MF. I'd be salty too if the process blew up in my face the way it has yours. I get it. Jealousy is natural.

I ain't afraid of any damn team in the nba. The warriors fear us. Philly ain;t on the same level.

Trust the giannis.

PS the Lakers are a **** show and it's ****ing hilarious.

RowBTrice
02-08-2019, 01:46 PM
What were Magic's qualifications for this job before he got it? Serious question.

Lakers + Giants
02-08-2019, 02:06 PM
What were Magic's qualifications for this job before he got it? Serious question.

GOAT Laker, you're hired.

nastynice
02-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Fire Magic because he tried to get AD? Not sure what the problem is. OP just wants to entertain himself.

Seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is a gm trying to acquire a top 10 player something to react like this too?

prodigy
02-08-2019, 02:43 PM

no. He signed for Hollywood. He's working on movies and shows now thats his #1 purpose going to LA.

He already said he has nothing else to prove. Now sure if he could land a couple big time players thats cool. But Hollywood is why he's in LA.

prodigy
02-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Teams need to get off the notion that former greats make great GM's. In some cases yes that could work. But look at MJ and Magic. they are a joke.

prodigy
02-08-2019, 02:51 PM

To be fair only lebron won in the playoffs for like 60 years out east.

ewing
02-08-2019, 03:01 PM

Heís Magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
02-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Salty MF. I'd be salty too if the process blew up in my face the way it has yours. I get it. Jealousy is natural.

I ain't afraid of any damn team in the nba. The warriors fear us. Philly ain;t on the same level.

Trust the giannis.

PS the Lakers are a **** show and it's ****ing hilarious.

I think the only team the Warriors think about is the Celtics.

ewing
02-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Teams need to get off the notion that former greats make great GM's. In some cases yes that could work. But look at MJ and Magic. they are a joke.

But Magic isnít only an all time great player, he has an all time great smile, and HE BEAT AIDS!!!

numba1CHANGsta
02-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Why is this even a topic? Magic brought LeBron lmao and is going to sign another superstar and trade for one this offseason. Keep drinking that haterade

Leftcoast_yg
02-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Why is this even a topic? Magic brought LeBron lmao and is going to sign another superstar and trade for one this offseason. Keep drinking that haterade
Facts!!!

Leftcoast_yg
02-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Out of spite I send AD to somewhere he doesn't want to be at

Yeah lets send him to boston and stick it to ad and klutch and the Lakers and make him wait til 2020 ha ha ha the Lakers are finished!

FlashBolt
02-08-2019, 07:32 PM
Magic wanted Fox. Had he gotten his way, Lakers would have had AD by now. Jeanie Buss is ruining the Lakers. Either let Magic handle the team or fire him and bring back Mitch/Jim.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Magic wanted Fox. Had he gotten his way, Lakers would have had AD by now. Jeanie Buss is ruining the Lakers. Either let Magic handle the team or fire him and bring back Mitch/Jim.

I know right

gogo
02-08-2019, 07:57 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/aohh7r/windhorst_agents_other_teams_nba_officials_mocked/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7w4NVTm4A

Exactly as I predicted, all of the players in the Clutch conspiracy are now being mocked as buffoons. Anthony Davis, Lebron and Rich Paul look beyond stupid. As does Earvin.

Giannis and Barkley openly mocking "King James" to his face.

The lakers are officially a laughingstock as well.

Good job Jeannie and Earvin!

Tg11
02-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Love this Lakers misery

gogo
02-08-2019, 08:15 PM

Earvin's already whiffed on Cousins, Kawhi, George, and now Davis. Durant won't sign with LA. Klay won't sign with LA. Draymond won't sign with LA. Exactly who is Earvin going to sign?

Look at who Earvin actually has signed. Michael Beasley. Javale. Rondo. Lance Stephenson. Hot garbage. A 35 year old Lebron for the max. The dingleberry quintet. Awful.

SfgiantsJD3
02-08-2019, 08:17 PM
After approximately half of the players on the LakersĎ 15-man roster were mentioned in rumored trade talks for Anthony Davis within the last week, president of basketball operations Magic Johnson intends to meet with the club this weekend in Philadelphia, reports Broderick Turner of The Los Angeles Times.

According to Turner, Johnson will talk to the Lakersí players about the Davis saga and will listen to every player who wants to say something, encouraging an open dialogue so that the Lakers can move forward and focus on the task ahead for the rest of the season. Turner writes that Johnson will emphasize ďthat the NBA is a business and that this franchise is about winning championships and doing all it can to accomplish that goal.Ē

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/magic-johnson-to-meet-with-lakers-players.html

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Who cares about dialogue? All the kids tossed under the bus. LeBron tainted that locker room already.

gogo
02-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Luke hasn't lost the team, Earvin has.

gogo
02-08-2019, 08:25 PM
The Lakers are the titanic. Let's see who's smart enough to scurry off the deck first.

gogo
02-08-2019, 08:32 PM
After approximately half of the players on the LakersĎ 15-man roster were mentioned in rumored trade talks for Anthony Davis within the last week, president of basketball operations Magic Johnson intends to meet with the club this weekend in Philadelphia, reports Broderick Turner of The Los Angeles Times.

According to Turner, Johnson will talk to the Lakersí players about the Davis saga and will listen to every player who wants to say something, encouraging an open dialogue so that the Lakers can move forward and focus on the task ahead for the rest of the season. Turner writes that Johnson will emphasize ďthat the NBA is a business and that this franchise is about winning championships and doing all it can to accomplish that goal.Ē

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/magic-johnson-to-meet-with-lakers-players.html

Earvin is truly an idiot.

Dade County
02-08-2019, 08:39 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/aohh7r/windhorst_agents_other_teams_nba_officials_mocked/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7w4NVTm4A

Exactly as I predicted, all of the players in the Clutch conspiracy are now being mocked as buffoons. Anthony Davis, Lebron and Rich Paul look beyond stupid. As does Earvin.

Giannis and Barkley openly mocking "King James" to his face.

The lakers are officially a laughingstock as well.

Good job Jeannie and Earvin!

Only natural born haters and fans that lack knowledge, are lol'ing at the Lakers. AD & his agent let N.O that have no desire to re-sign and they would like to be moved. N.O wants to hold on, so they can try to offer him teh full max, when he says no, they will look like the fools, and when other teams begin to low ball N.O, they will be the ones getting mocked.

As soon teams contact Paul to ask will AD consider re-signing if they trade for him, and Paul says that my client doesn't even want to step foot in your city and this will be a 1yr rental; thats all folks.

There might be 2 teams that go for it, and then he leaves. N.O will be the laughing stock as free agency begin and when it's all over.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Who cares about the ****ing Lakers? They're a after thought now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Who cared about the Lakers anyway other then LA fans? *yawn*

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Clippers will win out right, watch this summer. hahahahahahhahahahahah

tredigs
02-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Lebron is such a tool. Can't even cheat right.

Lakers + Giants
02-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Who cares about the ****ing Lakers? They're a after thought now.

We're having a ****** season, you're having the best season since you had Kareem. We still get more air time, sorry buddy, it's always gonna be like this.

gogo
02-08-2019, 10:59 PM
The Bucks don't even have a great roster. They have an A+ coach, a top 5 MVP candidate and a bunch of role players. Budenholzer is COTY.

ewing
02-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Lebron is such a tool. Can't even cheat right.

Favorite post tonight

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 12:01 AM
The Bucks don't even have a great roster. They have an A+ coach, a top 5 MVP candidate and a bunch of role players. Budenholzer is COTY.

Bucks have a very good roster. KM is an All-Star, Bledsoe has been better than people expected, Brook Lopez was a steal for them, and they have a lot of players who can come off the bench and make an impact. Btw, are you buckalis? Lol.

gogo
02-09-2019, 12:35 AM
Bucks have a very good roster. KM is an All-Star, Bledsoe has been better than people expected, Brook Lopez was a steal for them, and they have a lot of players who can come off the bench and make an impact. Btw, are you buckalis? Lol.

The term "all-star" is meaningless in the east. Like I said, it's Giannis and Budenholzer. Brook was a decent acquisition at the vets minimum. More a product of Earvin's stupidity than brilliance on the bucks' part. There's no way KM or Bledsoe ever make an Allstar team in the west.

Compared to the other top contenders: Boston, TOR, Philly, the bucks have the worst roster.

gogo
02-09-2019, 12:41 AM
You gotta chuckle when people call Brook a good player. Dude's averaging 7 rebpg/36 minutes career wise.

Come to think of it, Giannispizza, Bledsoe and km were all there last season when they were barely .500. I'm tempted to give ALL of the credit for their improvement to budenholzer. They're not as bad as their record suggested last year, not as good as their record suggests this year. They just lucked out hiring the COTY. Brilliant guy.

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 01:06 AM
The term "all-star" is meaningless in the east. Like I said, it's Giannis and Budenholzer. Brook was a decent acquisition at the vets minimum. More a product of Earvin's stupidity than brilliance on the bucks' part. There's no way KM or Bledsoe ever make an Allstar team in the west.

Compared to the other top contenders: Boston, TOR, Philly, the bucks have the worst roster.

How is it meaningless? East has gotten very deep. Also, Brook is a good player. He's spreading the floor well for you guys. Also, comparing them to Boston/Toronto/Philly is irrelevant. You're trying to make it seem as if the Bucks have a poor roster. Farther from the truth.

gogo
02-09-2019, 01:28 AM
How is it meaningless? East has gotten very deep. Also, Brook is a good player. He's spreading the floor well for you guys. Also, comparing them to Boston/Toronto/Philly is irrelevant. You're trying to make it seem as if the Bucks have a poor roster. Farther from the truth.

Look at the east all stars. Giannis, Kawhi, and Embiid are legit superstars. Kyrie probably as well. Everyone else is a marginal all star caliber player, at best. Bradley Beal? Kemba walker? Griffin? Vucevic? Stat padders on bad teams. Lowry's having an ok season I suppose. Ben Simmons can't shoot. The east all stars are extremely compared to the west. The west is stacked. Maybe 3-4 players in the east would be in contention for the all star team in the west.

Brook is a solid player who's a bargain at the vet minimum. It was a dumb move for the lakers to letting him go. I didn't say they have a poor roster. They have a solid roster but they're over performing thanks to budenholzer.

Look at the east all stars. They suck compared to the west. Case closed.

Giannis Antetokounmpo (captain), starter
Kyrie Irving, starter
Kawhi Leonard, starter
Joel Embiid, starter
Kemba Walker, starter
Ben Simmons, reserve
Bradley Beal, reserve
Khris Middleton, reserve
Nikola Vucevic, reserve
Blake Griffin, reserve
Kyle Lowry, reserve
Victor Oladipo*, reserve

--

LeBron James (captain), starter
Kevin Durant, starter
Paul George, starter
Stephen Curry, starter
James Harden, stater
Nikola Jokic, reserve
Anthony Davis, reserve
LaMarcus Aldridge, reserve
Damian Lillard, reserve
Klay Thompson, reserve
Karl Anthony-Towns, reserve
Russell Westbrook, reserve

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 02:15 AM
You guys are hilarious....

We were 4th in the west before injuries...lol..and the sky is now falling...

Rondo has barely over 15 games under his belt with Lebron.

Once we have all of our roster fully Healthy we compete with anyone in the West not named Golden State.

Give me Houston, OKC , Portland , Denver , San Antonio , Utah, Clippers or Kings...

None of these teams are beating Lebron and Rondo in a 7 game series. You could take that to the bank and put it into your Sigs.

The young guys showed OKC what time it was and we were killing Houston on the Road before the zebras gave Harden a free pass again without Lebron.

We just beat one of the hottest teams in the East on the road with Lebron not being 100% and only his 3rd game back.

Ya, we are crumbling...All the hate just fuels us. By the way when Kyrie leaves Boston which he will, you think Ainge is giving up the Farm for AD???...lol..

Boston has some trouble with Toronto, Milwaukee and Philly. Getting to the Finals will nearly be impossible. Our little crippled team just beat the kings of the East supposedly....say bye to Kyrie Boston fans. He is Going to the Knicks or Lakers..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gogo
02-09-2019, 02:56 AM

Once we have all of our roster fully Healthy we compete with anyone in the West not named Golden State.

Give me Houston, OKC , Portland , Denver , San Antonio , Utah, Clippers or Kings...

None of these teams are beating Lebron and Rondo in a 7 game series. You could take that to the bank and put it into your Sigs.

The young guys showed OKC what time it was and we were killing Houston on the Road before the zebras gave Harden a free pass again without Lebron.

We just beat one of the hottest teams in the East on the road with Lebron not being 100% and only his 3rd game back.

Ya, we are crumbling...All the hate just fuels us. By the way when Kyrie leaves Boston which he will, you think Ainge is giving up the Farm for AD???...lol..

Boston has some trouble with Toronto, Milwaukee and Philly. Getting to the Finals will nearly be impossible. Our little crippled team just beat the kings of the East supposedly....say bye to Kyrie Boston fans. He is Going to the Knicks or Lakers..

The Celtics are not the kings of the east. Toronto and Philly are clearly better, Milwaukee arguably so. They're in the top four, that's it.

I don't know why you consider the lakers a lock to make the conference finals. They have the worst head coach 1-10 in the west and almost no outside shooting. I don't like their chances of making it beyond the 2nd round. If they can't stay healthy, there's an outside chance they'll find themselves in the lottery instead.

All of the top 6 teams in the west are trending upwards. This means the lakers are fighting for spots 7 or 8 meaning they won't have home court advantage. Right now, they're 12th in the west in point differential and 10th in the standings.

I don't know what stats you're looking at, but there's little indication that Lebron can just flip a switch, go ham and take this team of buffoons and youngsters into the WC finals.

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 03:14 AM
The Celtics are not the kings of the east. Toronto and Philly are clearly better, Milwaukee arguably so. They're in the top four, that's it.

I don't know why you consider the lakers a lock to make the conference finals. They have the worst head coach 1-10 in the west and almost no outside shooting. I don't like their chances of making it beyond the 2nd round. If they can't stay healthy, there's an outside chance they'll find themselves in the lottery instead.

All of the top 6 teams in the west are trending upwards. This means the lakers are fighting for spots 7 or 8 meaning they won't have home court advantage. Right now, they're 11th in the west in point differential and 10th in the standings.

I don't know what stats you're looking at, but there's little indication that Lebron can just flip a switch, go ham and take this team of buffoons and youngsters into the WC finals.Lebron in the playoffs is a different animal...check the east playoffs last 8 years or so...until proven otherwise I stand by my comment.

Again, when has a coach made Lebron a better player? Lol...or even Rondo for that matter. I agree Luke has horrible rotations and we may have Brian shaw take over by that time for all we know. Again it will not matter this season. Playoff Lebron is coming, he has not...I repeat has not stepped on the Gas thus far and you true fans out there know this.

Injuries will be the only factor holding us back this season and that has been the case.

Name one team in the west that is head and shoulders better than the Lakers other than the Warriors...I will await. Dont say Houston because we will simply Defend and out Rebound them and let Harden take 50 shots...that's fine. That wont do it..

Denver...I dont think so...no playoff experience on that squad. They look flashy at times, but cant sustain their great shooting in a 7 game series. Them missing a legit Alpha in the playoffs will be their down fall.

Portland...great one 2 punch with Dame and CJ...unfortunately every team in the NBA can see what the Pelicans did to them last season. Holiday and Rondo shut them down last season and we have Rondo. Lonzo is a pretty good defender and so is Hart and Ingram. That in combination of Lebron taking over and it's a wrap.

Okc... this one is easy...Westbrook can take 45 to 50 shots and it wont be enough. PG13 will have a few good games and then Disappear like he usually does...elimination game last year vs Utah ring a bell....they are pretenders in this group by far.

San Antonio...they beat us 3 to 1 , however all close games. I just dont see them doing it in a 7 game series. Not enough firepower with DeRozan and lamarcus unfortunately. With Kawhi maybe,.but not currently constructed.

Just keep a close eye on the Lakers the next 4 weeks and see where the chips fall...we are about to go on a run. We have brought in some shooters, jury still out. Markieff Morris is a likely option. Tough nosed defender and will be a nice addition if we can get him.

We add a major piece next season like Kyrie, Klay, Kawhi or KD we will be just fine.

gogo
02-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Lebron in the playoffs is a different animal...check the east playoffs last 8 years or so...until proven otherwise I stand by my comment.

Lebron's not in the east anymore, and he's 34, not 26.

Again, when has a coach made Lebron a better player? Lol...or even Rondo for that matter. I agree Luke has horrible rotations and we may have Brian shaw take over by that time for all we know. Again it will not matter this season. Playoff Lebron is coming, he has not...I repeat has not stepped on the Gas thus far and you true fans out there know this.

No, I'm not a "true fan" and him "stepping on the gas" won't matter much since his teammates can't shoot and all of the lakers' key players are either very inexperienced or journeyman vets that no one else wanted.

Injuries will be the only factor holding us back this season and that has been the case.

Name one team in the west that is head and shoulders better than the Lakers other than the Warriors...I will await. Dont say Houston because we will simply Defend and out Rebound them and let Harden take 50 shots...that's fine. That wont do it..

Denver...I dont think so...no playoff experience on that squad. They look flashy at times, but cant sustain their great shooting in a 7 game series. Them missing a legit Alpha in the playoffs will be their down fall.

Portland...great one 2 punch with Dame and CJ...unfortunately every team in the NBA can see what the Pelicans did to them last season. Holiday and Rondo shut them down last season and we have Rondo. Lonzo is a pretty good defender and so is Hart and Ingram. That in combination of Lebron taking over and it's a wrap.

Okc... this one is easy...Westbrook can take 45 to 50 shots and it wont be enough. PG13 will have a few good games and then Disappear like he usually does...elimination game last year vs Utah ring a bell....they are pretenders in this group by far.

San Antonio...they beat us 3 to 1 , however all close games. I just dont see them doing it in a 7 game series. Not enough firepower with DeRozan and lamarcus unfortunately. With Kawhi maybe,.but not currently constructed.

Just keep a close eye on the Lakers the next 4 weeks and see where the chips fall...we are about to go on a run. We have brought in some shooters, jury still out. Markieff Morris is a likely option. Tough nosed defender and will be a nice addition if we can get him.

We add a major piece next season like Kyrie, Klay, Kawhi or KD we will be just fine.

Which lakers are you talking about? They're 10th in the standings, and 12th in point differential. They're not a good team. They're barely .500 2/3 of the way into the season. They have one elite player and a bunch of vets on one year minimum deals that no one else wanted. Their young players are good, but they're 5-7 years away from their prime.

The lakers signed one good shooter. Muscala is shooting 39%. That's not a "good shooter." Markieff Morris won't do anything for you. Plus, he's named Markieff.

KD is not signing with the lakers. Kawhi is not signing with the lakers. Klay is not signing with the lakers. Kyrie is not signing with the lakers. Davis tried to force his way to the lakers. That didn't turn out so well.

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 03:36 AM

No, I'm not a "true fan" and him "stepping on the gas" won't matter much since his teammates can't shoot and all of the lakers' key players are either very inexperienced or journeyman vets that no one else wanted.

Which lakers are you talking about? They're 10th in the standings, and 12th in point differential. They're not a good team. They're barely .500 2/3 of the way into the season. They have one elite player and a bunch of vets on one year minimum deals that no one else wanted. Their young players are good, but they're 5-7 years away from their prime.

The lakers signed one good shooter. Muscala is shooting 39%. That's not a "good shooter." Markieff Morris won't do anything for you. Plus, he's named Markieff.

KD is not signing with the lakers. Kawhi is not signing with the lakers. Klay is not signing with the lakers. Kyrie is not signing with the lakers.Check mate...thanks for playing...you couldn't name one team in the West other than the Warriors. Remember 4th in the west when fully healthy....

Grab your popcorn and enjoy.

gogo
02-09-2019, 03:41 AM
Check mate...thanks for playing...you couldn't name one team in the West other than the Warriors. Remember 4th in the west when fully healthy....

Grab your popcorn and enjoy.

Check mate. You have nothing of substance in your reply. Enjoy living your delusional fantasy.

Lebron is 34, the lakers can't shoot, the youngsters are demoralized and Luke can't coach.

And yeah, I will grab my popcorn. Lebron, Magic and Jeannie are going to take turns throwing each other under the bus as the season progresses into an increasingly pathetic and bizarre train wreck.

And don't think next season will be any better. Lebron will be 35. Not a single elite player available through free agency or through "trade demands" wants to team up with toxic Lebron. The rest of the roster is a pathetic joke.

gogo
02-09-2019, 04:02 AM
The lakers are about to go on a run. Yeah, they just started their "run" by losing to the....pacers. By FORTY TWO points. What a run!

lakers squad
02-09-2019, 04:59 AM

Exactly, and the Pelicans wanted to much right now, sometimes the best moves are the one's you don't make!

lakers squad
02-09-2019, 05:08 AM

KD is not signing with the lakers. Kawhi is not signing with the lakers. Klay is not signing with the lakers. Kyrie is not signing with the lakers. Davis tried to force his way to the lakers. That didn't turn out so well.

Man, how quickly people forget, we were getting in a nice groove before all the injury's! Let's wait and see how this play's out, everyone completely counting the Lakers out, might end up disappointed!😆

gogo
02-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Man, how quickly people forget, we were getting in a nice groove before all the injury's! Let's wait and see how this play's out, everyone completely counting the Lakers out, might end up disappointed!😆

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyhhzeJVsAEvKMh.jpg:large

The lakers are well below league average in games lost due to injury.

In the west, den, hou, spurs, mem, gs, clips, Utah, dal, NO all have lost more player games due to injury.

OKC and Min are basically tied with the lakers for player games lost due to injury.

Injuries are no excuse. 7 WC teams are either tied with LA or ahead of LA in injuries yet have better records.

Nice try though.

TylerSL
02-09-2019, 07:46 AM
While the Lakers are surely disappointed they didn't land Anthony Davis at the trade deadline, this is so premature it's almost laughable. There was no offer the Lakers could have made that would have compelled New Orleans to trade Davis to them, so this has nothing to with Magic Johnson. The worst thing Magic has done since taking over the team was drafting Lonzo Ball over De'Aaron Fox in the 2017 draft. Lonzo has upside, he's just not what Fox is or will be.

Having said that, the Lakers have not only returned to being a relevant NBA franchise under Magic's tenure as President of Basketball Operations, they also signed Lebron James. They have great flexibility to add to the roster as soon as this summer and will likely be active on the buyout market. While a deep playoff run is unlikely for these Los Angeles Lakers, it's still a massive improvement over the last 7 seasons or so, and we should expect improvement from the Lakers in the coming years.

Magic hasn't done every single thing right since taking over the Lakers, but he's done a pretty good job so far. That so far is especially important because the Lakers have to build off what they accomplished last offseason, which was land Lebron. There is still quite a bit of work to be done before the Lakers get to where Magic was hired to take them. He deserves at least the rest of Lebron's tenure in LA to accomplish that. Magic is going nowhere and he shouldn't.

TylerSL
02-09-2019, 07:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyhhzeJVsAEvKMh.jpg:large

The lakers are well below league average in games lost due to injury.

In the west, den, hou, spurs, mem, gs, clips, Utah, dal, NO all have lost more player games due to injury.

OKC and Min are basically tied with the lakers for player games lost due to injury.

Injuries are no excuse. 7 WC teams are either tied with LA or ahead of LA in injuries yet have better records.

Nice try though.

That's a bit misleading though. How many of those teams have had their best player miss a significant amount of time due to injury? The Lakers are more reliant on Lebron than say the Timberwolves are to Jeff Teague. I don't see Paul George missing too many games for OKC, or James Harden for Houston. Nikola Jokic has missed two games for Denver and the Warriors are practically the monstars of the NBA. I also think injuries are not an excuse for Lebron's Lakers to miss the playoffs completely, but it's not really comparable to most other teams injuries.

j-bay
02-09-2019, 09:42 AM
The problem is there are big markets and then there is LA(Lakers). LA does not need any help attracting players. My rule change would be if a players has tampered with another player then that team loses

5M
1st round pick, which the tampered team acquires
Rights to trade for and sign a player for 3 years

You got to start taking away power from the players. Not much can be done, but i think one way is stricter ownership. If they cheat, it costs the team big time.

Leftcoast_yg
02-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Check mate. You have nothing of substance in your reply. Enjoy living your delusional fantasy.

Lebron is 34, the lakers can't shoot, the youngsters are demoralized and Luke can't coach.

And yeah, I will grab my popcorn. Lebron, Magic and Jeannie are going to take turns throwing each other under the bus as the season progresses into an increasingly pathetic and bizarre train wreck.

And don't think next season will be any better. Lebron will be 35. Not a single elite player available through free agency or through "trade demands" wants to team up with toxic Lebron. The rest of the roster is a pathetic joke.

Lol he started his post with check mate like a 12 year old dude is ao butt hurt.

warfelg
02-09-2019, 09:56 AM
The problem is there are big markets and then there is LA(Lakers). LA does not need any help attracting players. My rule change would be if a players has tampered with another player then that team loses

5M
1st round pick, which the tampered team acquires
Rights to trade for and sign a player for 3 years

You got to start taking away power from the players. Not much can be done, but i think one way is stricter ownership. If they cheat, it costs the team big time.

That last one is gonna be a non-starter with players, agents, and owners.

The first two should work.

I feel like (one of) the NBAs issues is its the only of the four major sports that doesnít have some sort of compensation package in place for when you lose players in FA.

IKnowHoops
02-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Love this Lakers misery

And in all the misery, still went out and beat a healthy Celtics team in there place.

Lakers got Bron bro, they good

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 11:26 AM
That last one is gonna be a non-starter with players, agents, and owners.

The first two should work.

I feel like (one of) the NBAs issues is its the only of the four major sports that doesnít have some sort of compensation package in place for when you lose players in FA.

teams shouldn't be rewarded for creating an environment that causes a star player to leave.

prodigy
02-09-2019, 11:36 AM

well anyone can do that as GM of Lakers lol. Lebron only went to LA because of movies and shows hes working on. Don't kid urself into thinking he actually cares about the Lakers. They are just a tool for him to make 30+ million, live close to his media projects and then if Lakers can land some talent maybe go after a ring or 2.

ashlockusmc
02-09-2019, 11:37 AM
All teams have their ebb and flow. The Lakers are no different. They will figure things out and rise to the top. Look at the 76ers and how long they were bad. Now they can beat anyone when things are clicking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

warfelg
02-09-2019, 11:37 AM
teams shouldn't be rewarded for creating an environment that causes a star player to leave.

So teams shouldnít get protected so that they donít endure years of needing to fix situations.

Not everything is about rewarding bad teams. Viewership of the NBA is down, and the top reasons are bad teams and super teams.

You can still have bad teams even if you put systems in place to better balance your product. But to tell teams that they are bad, can be made worse, and thereís nothing to compensate the value of what you lost is why the nba is where it is.

prodigy
02-09-2019, 11:38 AM

small market teams sometimes have no choice. Players want great weather and strip clubs on every corner and the smaller market teams just can't offer that night life.

prodigy
02-09-2019, 11:40 AM
So teams shouldnít get protected so that they donít endure years of needing to fix situations.

Not everything is about rewarding bad teams. Viewership of the NBA is down, and the top reasons are bad teams and super teams.

You can still have bad teams even if you put systems in place to better balance your product. But to tell teams that they are bad, can be made worse, and thereís nothing to compensate the value of what you lost is why the nba is where it is.

agreed. I believe NBA is by far the most unbalanced pro sport. its becoming a real problem.

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 11:41 AM
well anyone can do that as GM of Lakers lol. Lebron only went to LA because of movies and shows hes working on. Don't kid urself into thinking he actually cares about the Lakers. They are just a tool for him to make 30+ million, live close to his media projects and then if Lakers can land some talent maybe go after a ring or 2.Why didnt he Join the Clippers??....

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 11:59 AM

no they shouldn't. it takes multiple bad decisions to lose a player like AD or Lebron (when he first left the cavs). acting like its a thing that just happens is a very obtuse train of thought. a more logical approach would be to force ownership to sell if they produce 6 consecutive losing seasons.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 12:03 PM
small market teams sometimes have no choice. Players want great weather and strip clubs on every corner and the smaller market teams just can't offer that night life.

name a situation that has happened

KobeOwnSU
02-09-2019, 12:27 PM
agreed. I believe NBA is by far the most unbalanced pro sport. its becoming a real problem.

How Is it unbalanced? The Warriors are above every body but after that their is about 10-12 teams that could win a championship if they didnít exist. Thatís the way the NBA has always been. The NBA was made on stars and dynastyís.

warfelg
02-09-2019, 12:44 PM
no they shouldn't. it takes multiple bad decisions to lose a player like AD or Lebron (when he first left the cavs). acting like its a thing that just happens is a very obtuse train of thought. a more logical approach would be to force ownership to sell if they produce 6 consecutive losing seasons.

Forcing a team to sell? Jesus thatís worse.

Multiple bad decisions? They had Eric Gordon who was always injured, goes to Houston and is suddenly healthy. Trade for Boogie, do what they can to retain him, see him turn down a two year $40 mil deal. Brought in Miratic who struggled to stay healthy. Brought in through the draft Buddy Heild, who sucked with them, used him to bring in a better player.

Just because every attempt didnít pan out does mean they didnít try.

Acting like every team can make great moves is a mistake. Acting like we should basically incentivize leaving by having no repercussions to the acquiring team is absurd.

Like I said, NBA teams are forced to pay even middling players because itís a game where every player is so important, and thereís nothing to compensate the team that had them for leaving. **** itís why Portland matched on Crabbe, Washington on Porter, Miami on Johnson. Those teams would have been over the cap, losing a major part, and not have a way to replace them. And thatís good for the NBA?

warfelg
02-09-2019, 12:46 PM
How Is it unbalanced? The Warriors are above every body but after that their is about 10-12 teams that could win a championship if they didnít exist. Thatís the way the NBA has always been. The NBA was made on stars and dynastyís.

Weíre 5/8th into the season and thereís a 31 game spread between the best and worst. A .600 swing in records. No other sport has that huge a swing between best and worst.

Heediot
02-09-2019, 01:33 PM
if you get rid of max contracts. saving cap for 1-2-3 spaces would be different. dynamics of trades change too because you don't know exactly how much you need per star/player your trying to get.

this goes along with less ability to create super teams because guys would need to sacrifice the loot.

theres less leverage for guys crying and scheming to join something better while holding teams hostage.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Forcing a team to sell? Jesus thatís worse.

Multiple bad decisions? They had Eric Gordon who was always injured, goes to Houston and is suddenly healthy. Trade for Boogie, do what they can to retain him, see him turn down a two year $40 mil deal. Brought in Miratic who struggled to stay healthy. Brought in through the draft Buddy Heild, who sucked with them, used him to bring in a better player.

Just because every attempt didnít pan out does mean they didnít try.

Acting like every team can make great moves is a mistake. Acting like we should basically incentivize leaving by having no repercussions to the acquiring team is absurd.

Like I said, NBA teams are forced to pay even middling players because itís a game where every player is so important, and thereís nothing to compensate the team that had them for leaving. **** itís why Portland matched on Crabbe, Washington on Porter, Miami on Johnson. Those teams would have been over the cap, losing a major part, and not have a way to replace them. And thatís good for the NBA?

uhhh the pelicans didn't just have bad luck on their decisions. please explain the hill contract, asik contract, the fact that the pels have only had (1) 1st round pick since they drafted AD, which was used on buddy that they didn't even keep, lowballed cousins (go back to the hill/asik contracts) even though they gave so much to get him, stayed loyal to the same underachieving coach, and the list goes on.

no team can make the right decision every time but those bad decisions shouldn't be the majority.

each one of those signings set back those teams. why do you think that was the only option? those players haven't come close to earning their contracts. those players didnt take any of those teams close to contention. teams could easily put money into 1 and 1 contracts and give themselves options. anything is better than offering allen ****ing crabbe a 75 million dollar contract.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Weíre 5/8th into the season and thereís a 31 game spread between the best and worst. A .600 swing in records. No other sport has that huge a swing between best and worst.

the red sox had a 61 game spread over Baltimore last year. the main reason for the gap in the NBA is the willful acceptance from the league of teams tanking.

nastynice
02-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Rockets would absolutely manhandled the Lakers in a playoff series

Also if those Paul George pacer teams pushed those lebron heat cavs teams the way they did, I don't see how this Paul George team doesn't bend over this lebron Lakers team.

warfelg
02-09-2019, 02:47 PM
the red sox had a 61 game spread over Baltimore last year. the main reason for the gap in the NBA is the willful acceptance from the league of teams tanking.

That was a full season and double the game played. Also one of the largest spreads ever in the MLB.

prodigy
02-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Why didnt he Join the Clippers??....

Lakers are a bigger franchise and its a even better marketing tool for him. hope you knew this...

prodigy
02-09-2019, 03:08 PM
The Warriors are above every body but after that their is about 10-12 teams that could win a championship if they didnít exist.

answered ur own question. This year is alittle better with talent after the Warriors. but you cannot tell me the last 10 years there been 5 teams that were real contenders with some of those years not even 3. Not like the other sports.

prodigy
02-09-2019, 03:18 PM

Because unfortunately thats really the only way teams get better because stars won't go to small markets...

I would like to see bird rights removed and hard caps put in place. "ohh, you don't have enough money to sign ur own star because you just went out and signed 2 superstars?? too bad."

Scoots
02-09-2019, 03:34 PM
It's possible after this year tanking reduces as teams realize the ultra tank doesn't pay nearly as well as it used to. The top 3 teams are around half as likely to get a top 3 pick as they used to be.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Because unfortunately thats really the only way teams get better because stars won't go to small markets...

I would like to see bird rights removed and hard caps put in place. "ohh, you don't have enough money to sign ur own star because you just went out and signed 2 superstars?? too bad."

you mean to say stars wont go to dysfunctional teams. market size has relevance in baseball because of no cap. market size doesn't really have the same effect when teams have the same amount of money to put a team together.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 03:45 PM
It's possible after this year tanking reduces as teams realize the ultra tank doesn't pay nearly as well as it used to. The top 3 teams are around half as likely to get a top 3 pick as they used to be.

its promising but I doubt it stops it that much. the allure of getting the 1st pick and drafting a game changing player to later lose in trade demand/free agency to a contending team because of inept front office decisions is to much to pass on.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 05:37 PM
its promising but I doubt it stops it that much. the allure of getting the 1st pick and drafting a game changing player to later lose in trade demand/free agency to a contending team because of inept front office decisions is to much to pass on.

The worst record in the NBA has only a 14% chance of getting the first pick, they have a 47.9% chance of getting the 5th pick. It's actually more likely they get the 5th pick than a top 3 pick with the worst record in the NBA.

Last year the worst record in the NBA had a 25% chance of the first pick and 64.2% chance of a top 3 pick.

It's WAY worse this year for the 3 worst teams.

On the other hand, it's FAR better for the rest of the lottery teams. For example, the top 3 teams each have a 40% chance of a top 3 pick but the 6th best team still has a 27.6% chance of a top 3 pick which is up 10% from last year.

I think there is going to be a big shakeup this year and it's not all that far fetched that all top 3 picks may go to teams that didn't finish in the bottom 3.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 05:57 PM
The worst record in the NBA has only a 14% chance of getting the first pick, they have a 47.9% chance of getting the 5th pick. It's actually more likely they get the 5th pick than a top 3 pick with the worst record in the NBA.

Last year the worst record in the NBA had a 25% chance of the first pick and 64.2% chance of a top 3 pick.

It's WAY worse this year for the 3 worst teams.

On the other hand, it's FAR better for the rest of the lottery teams. For example, the top 3 teams each have a 40% chance of a top 3 pick but the 6th best team still has a 27.6% chance of a top 3 pick which is up 10% from last year.

I think there is going to be a big shakeup this year and it's not all that far fetched that all top 3 picks may go to teams that didn't finish in the bottom 3.

I do like the attempt and it puts the issue on the right track. hopefully its just the start of changes to prevent teams from tanking.

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Lakers are a bigger franchise and its a even better marketing tool for him. hope you knew this...Right...that's why the free agents were rushing in the last 8 years....got it...

gogo
02-09-2019, 06:42 PM
That's a bit misleading though. How many of those teams have had their best player miss a significant amount of time due to injury? The Lakers are more reliant on Lebron than say the Timberwolves are to Jeff Teague. I don't see Paul George missing too many games for OKC, or James Harden for Houston. Nikola Jokic has missed two games for Denver and the Warriors are practically the monstars of the NBA. I also think injuries are not an excuse for Lebron's Lakers to miss the playoffs completely, but it's not really comparable to most other teams injuries.

Look how many games Harden, Paul and capela have missed.

Looks up how many games draymond and curry have missed.

Look up how many games Westbrook has missed.

At least 3 wc teams have had their top players miss a significant number of games. Those three teams are 24, 16, and 10 above .500. The lakers are one game above .500. This means the lakers aren't very good.

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Rockets would absolutely manhandled the Lakers in a playoff series

Also if those Paul George pacer teams pushed those lebron heat cavs teams the way they did, I don't see how this Paul George team doesn't bend over this lebron Lakers team.

I disagree with the Rockets. The only way they beat us is when we play 5 on 8...Harden has 3 refs at his disposal. Otherwise they are not close to the team they were last season. Every game we have played against them has been close so I'm not sure where the man handling comes in. What games have you been watching when they played each other?

The Paul George Pacers...hmmm...let's see..yes they were competitive against Miami in that time. They still couldn't close the deal. OKC is not the same team as that Indiana team. That team was a hard nosed defensive team that punched you in yo mouth. OKC...not so much. They got destroyed by a Utah without a superstar..
Totally embarrassing. OKC will not beat Lebron and Rondo 4 times...its not happening. 18th in turnovers and not a good passing team. Westbrook usually shoots them out of games...they are the least I'm worried about. The refs are the only thing holding Houston together against good teams.

gogo
02-09-2019, 06:54 PM
I disagree with the Rockets. The only way they beat us is when we play 5 on 8...Harden has 3 refs at his disposal. Otherwise they are not close to the team they were last season. Every game we have played against them has been close so I'm not sure where the man handling comes in. What games have you been watching when they played each other?

The Paul George Pacers...hmmm...let's see..yes they were competitive against Miami in that time. They still couldn't close the deal. OKC is not the same team as that Indiana team. That team was a hard nosed defensive team that punched you in yo mouth. OKC...not so much. They got destroyed by a Utah without a superstar..
Totally embarrassing. OKC will not beat Lebron and Rondo 4 times...its not happening. 18th in turnovers and not a good passing team. Westbrook usually shoots them out of games...they are the least I'm worried about. The refs are the only thing holding Houston together against good teams.

The rockets have only lost one key player: ariza. They still have Harden Paul capela. capela and Paul have missed a lot of games. Carmelo destroyed the team early on. They are better than their record suggests. The rockets have an elite rim protector and 3 excellent scorers/playmakers. Don't underestimate them.

JAZZNC
02-09-2019, 07:12 PM
you mean to say stars wont go to dysfunctional teams. market size has relevance in baseball because of no cap. market size doesn't really have the same effect when teams have the same amount of money to put a team together.

Then why do no stars want to go to Utah? They are well coached, well run, and basically always win for the last 30yrs. This is a terrible take man. It's just not factual. Hell, Bosh wouldn't even go to Cleveland to play with LeBron ****ing James.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Then why do no stars want to go to Utah? They are well coached, well run, and basically always win for the last 30yrs. This is a terrible take man. It's just not factual. Hell, Bosh wouldn't even go to Cleveland to play with LeBron ****ing James.

I think it's fair to say that it's a combination of factors. Quality ownership/coaching/players are probably the biggest factor, ability to pay big for free agents (something the Jazz haven't been able to do very often because of the winning), and the environment is a factor, and players know that living in SLC and OKC is boring and makes you less likely to get national TV spots.

It seems like people who start with "small market" think that's the only factor, but small market teams have won and have signed free agents over extended periods.

The reality is the Lakers and Knicks have a big advantage, but the disadvantages other markets have are not as much market size as the other factors.

gogo
02-09-2019, 08:51 PM
LOL, the Knicks have no advantage in the free agent market. They haven't signed a big name free agent in a very long time. Neither has Chicago. Brooklyn? No.

LA has only "attracted" a broken down Dwight Howard, a way past his prime Nash and now Lebron, also on his last legs. None of these players has moved the needle much as far as leading LA back to contention.

The clips haven't been able to attract top free agents.

This notion that big markets attract all the big fish is a myth. There is no evidence to support it.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 09:27 PM

Because Utah doesnít have a star to pair up with. Unless you can name me one in the last 20 years. Do you remember the last star that signed with the magic? Thatís correct....the answer is no one. how about the bulls? Or any other team that hasnít past the second round in 30 years. Itís kind of a trend. Nobody wants to play for a consistent loser.

Bosh isnít playing because he physically canít, not because of his geographical preference.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Itís more the lack of free thought that makes people think magic should be fired or that big markets get all the stars. Everyone hears people talk about it on espn and other sports talk shows and just parakeet that unsubstantiated noise. Form free thoughts by verifying information!
Itís a fact that magic is actively trying to improve the lakers in anyway possible. Thatís a lot more than other front offices could say. His strange free agent signings were guaranteed winners! Not because they offer championship contention but because he didnít handicap the team with lengthy contracts. Itís all a setup for this coming offseason. At least the man is swinging for the fences and not settling for making moves like offering/matching a 75 million dollar contract to Allen crabbe!

Chronz
02-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Because Utah doesnít have a star to pair up with. Unless you can name me one in the last 20 years. Do you remember the last star that signed with the magic? Thatís correct....the answer is no one. how about the bulls? Or any other team that hasnít past the second round in 30 years. Itís kind of a trend. Nobody wants to play for a consistent loser.

Bosh isnít playing because he physically canít, not because of his geographical preference.

He's talking about when Bosh denied pairing up in Cleveland back when he signed with miami

gogo
02-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Itís more the lack of free thought that makes people think magic should be fired or that big markets get all the stars. Everyone hears people talk about it on espn and other sports talk shows and just parakeet that unsubstantiated noise. Form free thoughts by verifying information!
Itís a fact that magic is actively trying to improve the lakers in anyway possible. Thatís a lot more than other front offices could say. His strange free agent signings were guaranteed winners! Not because they offer championship contention but because he didnít handicap the team with lengthy contracts. Itís all a setup for this coming offseason. At least the man is swinging for the fences and not settling for making moves like offering/matching a 75 million dollar contract to Allen crabbe!

The nets have cap room for two max free agents in 2019. Their record is just as good as the lakers.' However, they don't have the toxic environment created by Lebron. Considering the mess created by prior GM billy king, Sean Marx has performed an admirable job.

Now watch Earvin go demoralize the young bloods even further with his "inspirational" locker room talk. He's not a good speaker so it should be a rambling, confusing mess which the players would be better off ignoring.

Swift Game
02-09-2019, 10:28 PM
LOL, the Knicks have no advantage in the free agent market. They haven't signed a big name free agent in a very long time. Neither has Chicago. Brooklyn? No.

LA has only "attracted" a broken down Dwight Howard, a way past his prime Nash and now Lebron, also on his last legs. None of these players has moved the needle much as far as leading LA back to contention.

The clips haven't been able to attract top free agents.

This notion that big markets attract all the big fish is a myth. There is no evidence to support it.

You obviously don't know of what you speak...

We didn't attract Dwight..he was traded to the Lakers unwillingly for Andrew Bynum. The Sixers were involved and sent Vucevic to Orlando....do your homework...and guess what, he left to the rockets after that season he was traded...we lost in that trade. Really all parties in that trade lost. Bynum was finished with his injuries and Orlando hasn't been relevant since. Although Vucevic is an excellent player.

Nash was also traded for two 1st round picks. Again he did not come willingly.

We have not signed a big name free agent since a guy named Shaquille Oneal. Maybe you've heard of him.

So Lebron signing was a big deal. He came willingly when others that had the chance could have and did not.

MygirlhatesCod
02-09-2019, 10:44 PM
He's talking about when Bosh denied pairing up in Cleveland back when he signed with miami

Is there a link anyone has to bosh saying those words?

TylerSL
02-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Look how many games Harden, Paul and capela have missed.

Looks up how many games draymond and curry have missed.

Look up how many games Westbrook has missed.

At least 3 wc teams have had their top players miss a significant number of games. Those three teams are 24, 16, and 10 above .500. The lakers are one game above .500. This means the lakers aren't very good.

Harden has missed 3 games this season. CP3 and Capella have missed more but the Rockets have had Harden to fall back on and we both know that if was Harden missing games and not CP3 and Capella, the Rockets would be a lot worse. Westbrook isn't the best player on his team and PG13 can carry the Thunder. The Warriors won 73 games before they added Durant, so three of their stars would have to sit out before it really started mattering for them in the regular season. They are that much of an anomaly.

The Lakers just don't have another star to fall back on if Lebron is out, they are more reliant on him than basically any other team with their respective star player(s). Considering Lebron's age and mileage that's obviously not what you want, but that's how it is for now. Have some perspective, the Lakers without Lebron are obviously worse off than a team with multiple stars missing one of them.

Swift Game
02-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Harden has missed 3 games this season. CP3 and Capella have missed more but the Rockets have had Harden to fall back on and we both know that if was Harden missing games and not CP3 and Capella, the Rockets would be a lot worse. Westbrook isn't the best player on his team and PG13 can carry the Thunder. The Warriors won 73 games before they added Durant, so three of their stars would have to sit out before it really started mattering for them in the regular season. They are that much of an anomaly.

The Lakers just don't have another star to fall back on if Lebron is out, they are more reliant on him than basically any other team with their respective star player(s). Considering Lebron's age and mileage that's obviously not what you want, but that's how it is for now. Have some perspective, the Lakers without Lebron are obviously worse off than a team with multiple stars missing one of them.Its just haters hating on the Lakers. There is no real logic to this guys commentary.

gogo
02-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Its just haters hating on the Lakers. There is no real logic to this guys commentary.

LOL another blowout loss. Lakers are trash. :-)

gogo
02-10-2019, 07:07 PM

The Lakers just don't have another star to fall back on if Lebron is out, they are more reliant on him than basically any other team with their respective star player(s). Considering Lebron's age and mileage that's obviously not what you want, but that's how it is for now. Have some perspective, the Lakers without Lebron are obviously worse off than a team with multiple stars missing one of them.

He's back and the lakers are getting blown out left and right. Plus he has help from his new "shooters." No excuses now.

Lebron the Snake's treachery coming back to bite him.

No one wants to play with him. Not even his own teammates lol.

Lakers need to tank for a top pick LMFAO!

More-Than-Most
02-10-2019, 07:08 PM
lmfao the zub for moose move.

Chronz
02-10-2019, 07:53 PM
He's back and the lakers are getting blown out left and right. Plus he has help from his new "shooters." No excuses now.

Lebron the Snake's treachery coming back to bite him.

No one wants to play with him. Not even his own teammates lol.

Lakers need to tank for a top pick LMFAO!

Check the record with Bron.

gogo
02-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Check the record with Bron.

1 and 2 since his return. 2 blowout losses. One fluke win off a lucky bounce.

Chronz
02-10-2019, 09:55 PM
1 and 2 since his return. 2 blowout losses. One fluke win off a lucky bounce.
Why would anyone care about less information? Again, check the RECORD

gogo
02-11-2019, 12:07 AM
Why would anyone care about less information? Again, check the RECORD

28 and 28, 10th. Tank mode.

Chronz
02-11-2019, 01:11 AM
28 and 28, 10th. Tank mode.
WITH BRON . t

gogo
02-11-2019, 01:53 AM
WITH BRON . t

It's irrelevant now. The team is demoralized. Lebron has mentally checked out.

IKnowHoops
02-11-2019, 04:55 PM
It's irrelevant now. The team is demoralized. Lebron has mentally checked out.

What was your name before your first ban my friendly troll

Leftcoast_yg
02-11-2019, 06:12 PM
What was your name before your first ban my friendly troll

I actually LOL at this.

Saddletramp
02-11-2019, 06:28 PM
I think it's fair to say that it's a combination of factors. Quality ownership/coaching/players are probably the biggest factor, ability to pay big for free agents (something the Jazz haven't been able to do very often because of the winning), and the environment is a factor, and players know that living in SLC and OKC is boring and makes you less likely to get national TV spots.

It seems like people who start with "small market" think that's the only factor, but small market teams have won and have signed free agents over extended periods.

The reality is the Lakers and Knicks have a big advantage, but the disadvantages other markets have are not as much market size as the other factors.

Itís like the old saying of ďAnyone can become rich as an adult but being born rich drastically increases your odds.Ē

gogo
02-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Earvin now being investigated for tampering with Ben Simmons lol.

Who does jeannie take with the LAL lottery pick?

MygirlhatesCod
02-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Itís like the old saying of ďAnyone can become rich as an adult but being born rich drastically increases your odds.Ē

Yeah that totally applies.

TakeYourL
02-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Its funny to think that Russell ingram and Kuzma probably get the trade done if Russ agrees to a contract extension with the peles

gogo
02-11-2019, 10:38 PM
Earvin is dumb as a rock. How did he accumulate $500 million as a businessman? He must be a frontman with his handlers making the actual decisions.

FlashBolt
02-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Earvin is dumb as a rock. How did he accumulate $500 million as a businessman? He must be a frontman with his handlers making the actual decisions.

he can buy your family a hundred times over and they would gladly be sold. you shouldn't be worried about someone who is clearly more successful than you'll ever be. Now go bug someone else, buckalis. Your shtick is getting boring.

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 11:13 PM
he can buy your family a hundred times over and they would gladly be sold. you shouldn't be worried about someone who is clearly more successful than you'll ever be. Now go bug someone else, buckalis. Your shtick is getting boring.

:clap:

gogo
02-11-2019, 11:17 PM
Considering how dumb he is, it's absolutely certain he has zero business acumen. His handlers made his fortune to prop him up as a figurehead.

It'll be interesting to see what the spin is as he eventually buries the lakers.

Jeannie is an incompetent bumbling fool as well.

This is going to get ugly. Very ugly. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

gogo
02-11-2019, 11:47 PM
Earvin's been a disaster as a coach, tv analyst, talk show host, he's an embarrassment in talent evaluation. Listening to him ramble on incoherently about his roster construction during a summer league game was just embarrassing. Every single piece of evidence points to the fact that he's dumb as a rock.

You've got three airheads in charge of personnel in Los Angeles: Jeannie, Earvin, Pelinka. It's only a matter of time before the entire edifice collapses.

sharqstealth
02-12-2019, 03:42 AM
Earvin and Pelinka is not the real gm, Lebron is. He should be the one to blame for all this mess.

JuLu787
02-12-2019, 11:46 AM
I'm from the school of thought that Lebron went to LA to maximize his brand. Not about that purple and gold. That would piss me of being a fan.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-12-2019, 12:17 PM
How do you maximize a brand that has already been maximized? People act like playing in Cleveland hurt his brand in some way. It didn't at all. His brand has already reached a global level and been maximized. I really don't think his brand is growing at all since moving to LA nor do I think he went there for that reason.

I think he went to LA for two reasons:

1) He and his family wanted to live there full time. They already had a place in LA and they wanted that lifestyle year round. His wife probably wanted to move to LA as much as anyone.

2) Lebron honestly thinks he has a better chance at winning a championship in LA because he thinks he can lure another 2 superstars to come play with him in the big market. Nobody wanted to come play with him in Cleveland and he understood that.

This had nothing to do with his own brand. His brand is already as big as it can be whether he is playing in Cleveland or Lithuania or wherever else. He is the biggest superstar in sports and one of the biggest names in American society before he moved to LA. This is not comparable to when Shaq went from Orlando to LA to enhance his brand. Shaq wasn't the global superstar than Lebron has already proven to be. It's also a totally different era now. With advances in social media and technology, Lebron never needed LA or the Lakers brand to maximize his own brand. He went there for the lifestyle and for his legacy on the court, not his brand which is already well established and completely maximized.

JuLu787
02-12-2019, 12:43 PM
How do you maximize a brand that has already been maximized? People act like playing in Cleveland hurt his brand in some way. It didn't at all. His brand has already reached a global level and been maximized. I really don't think his brand is growing at all since moving to LA nor do I think he went there for that reason.

1) He and his family wanted to live there full time. They already had a place in LA and they wanted that lifestyle year round. His wife probably wanted to move to LA as much as anyone.

2) Lebron honestly thinks he has a better chance at winning a championship in LA because he thinks he can lure another 2 superstars to come play with him in the big market. Nobody wanted to come play with him in Cleveland and he understood that.

This had nothing to do with his own brand. His brand is already as big as it can be whether he is playing in Cleveland or Lithuania or wherever else. He is the biggest superstar in sports and one of the biggest names in American society before he moved to LA. This is not comparable to when Shaq went from Orlando to LA to enhance his brand. Shaq wasn't the global superstar than Lebron has already proven to be. It's also a totally different era now. With advances in social media and technology, Lebron never needed LA or the Lakers brand to maximize his own brand. He went there for the lifestyle and for his legacy on the court, not his brand which is already well established and completely maximized.

There is something everybody must understand about Lebron. He wants to be a Billionaire (which I think he can be quicker in LA), hence his potential/maximized status hasn't been reached yet. Basketball is one thing, Hollywood is another animal. I think he is a smart man for the move to LA, but he's clearly trying to maximize he's brand as a business man. Father time is undefeated and he knows his time is coming. Lakers offer him the best avenue to truly maximize his brand going forward. Can he win them a championship? Maybe, if he gets guys to play with him. My point is he didn't go to LA for basketball reasons and that is just a slap in the face to true Lakers fans.

IndyRealist
02-12-2019, 12:43 PM
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/lebron-james-10-projects-his-growing-hollywood-slate-1145543

https://qz.com/1319425/lebron-james-move-to-the-los-angeles-lakers-could-make-him-the-next-big-hollywood-mogul/

JuLu787
02-12-2019, 01:04 PM
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/lebron-james-10-projects-his-growing-hollywood-slate-1145543

https://qz.com/1319425/lebron-james-move-to-the-los-angeles-lakers-could-make-him-the-next-big-hollywood-mogul/

"But wherever he went to play, we were going to continue to build [the business].Ē

That sentence is the biggest pile of **** in this article. There is something called PLANNING IN ADVANCE, it basically states that when you want to accomplish something you prepare ahead of time. The move to the Lakers (you know that team in Hollywood?) was obvious when you look at the business aspect of it. His business partner is also smart, hence his remark. But whoever believes that Lebron was making all these moves to go play in Utah, I got a floating bridge to sell you.

Scoots
02-12-2019, 01:15 PM
There is something everybody must understand about Lebron. He wants to be a Billionaire (which I think he can be quicker in LA), hence his potential/maximized status hasn't been reached yet. Basketball is one thing, Hollywood is another animal. I think he is a smart man for the move to LA, but he's clearly trying to maximize he's brand as a business man. Father time is undefeated and he knows his time is coming. Lakers offer him the best avenue to truly maximize his brand going forward. Can he win them a championship? Maybe, if he gets guys to play with him. My point is he didn't go to LA for basketball reasons and that is just a slap in the face to true Lakers fans.

I agree. I honestly think he thinks he might own the Lakers some day.

It's also really hard to tell if the disruption that happens around LeBron is LeBron or his "people" acting on their own. But I suspect that's the way LeBron likes it. We can't point to the things happening around him and blame him ... it's a weak supporting case, it was the owner or the GM who felt the coach just wasn't right for the situation, he didn't choose the replacement coach, the GM had the new coach in mind for a long time. He didn't order the GM to offer those bad contracts, that was the GM and the owner deciding to do it. You can't blame LeBron for not letting his teams plan for him to be on the roster for several years in a row, he's just trying to protect himself (by keeping the most leverage any professional athlete has ever had).

I think Magic **** the bed last off-season, and he'll be in trouble if he doesn't pull off some miracle this coming off-season, because if the Lakers core is LeBron, Middleton, Cousins then Lakers fans expecting a title will be pissed.

TakeYourL
02-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Earvin and Pelinka is not the real gm, Lebron is. He should be the one to blame for all this mess.

Yep, Bron and clutch did all of this, magic has not done anything ,and has no control anymore. This is Bron/klutch sports team now.

Bron picked Lakers
Bron told magic he would deliver the second star. After missing on George and Leonard, Bron told magic he would get AD.
Bron underestimated that the pelis would balk at that offer and tell him and the Lakers to screw off.
Bron will now sit back and put it on magic the same way he did Cleveland and Miami when he left.

Media will give him his built in excuse when he doesn't go anywhere this season, "he has no one around but knuckleheads that can't shoot."

D-Leethal
02-12-2019, 02:42 PM

He wanted to entrench himself in the hollywood scene. He's planning in a way for his life beyond/after basketball. I think you would consider that enhancing his brand. His brand was strong, not sure this makes it stronger per-se, but I think it widens the net for his brand if he makes his mark in Hollywood. Not much different than a globally recognized musician going to make their mark in acting. Doesn't make them a more well known entity but it widens the net of what they are recognized for.

JuLu787
02-12-2019, 02:57 PM
I agree. I honestly think he thinks he might own the Lakers some day.

It's also really hard to tell if the disruption that happens around LeBron is LeBron or his "people" acting on their own. But I suspect that's the way LeBron likes it. We can't point to the things happening around him and blame him ... it's a weak supporting case, it was the owner or the GM who felt the coach just wasn't right for the situation, he didn't choose the replacement coach, the GM had the new coach in mind for a long time. He didn't order the GM to offer those bad contracts, that was the GM and the owner deciding to do it. You can't blame LeBron for not letting his teams plan for him to be on the roster for several years in a row, he's just trying to protect himself (by keeping the most leverage any professional athlete has ever had).

I think Magic **** the bed last off-season, and he'll be in trouble if he doesn't pull off some miracle this coming off-season, because if the Lakers core is LeBron, Middleton, Cousins then Lakers fans expecting a title will be pissed.

Yeah it's looking like they were expecting that everybody and their mother would want to go play with Lebron in LA. So far it's not going that way, but anything can happen.

majmarcus
02-12-2019, 03:06 PM
I think theres more of a chance he steps down than getting fired. He's seeing landing quality free agents isn't as easy as simply being a Laker or having a Magic Johnson smile. I said back in the Mitch era, their recruiting ability appears to be terribly lacking/out dated.

They still think to this day Players are suppose to want to play for them because its everyone's dream(according to them) to grow up and wear the purple & gold and hang their jerseys and the history and blahhhhhh blah....

As soon as they(The Lakers) understand the same players they covet and is after are the same players every other team wants to stop them from obtaining them or pay a hefty price in acquiring them. Lakers not fleecing too many teams nowadays because no one is trying to help the Lakers be successful.

The Lakers are the evil empire of the nba and until Magic and nem see that exactly for what it is...they will not yet understand he will have to actually PUT A TEAM TOGETHER BY BUILDING IT via prudent signings and trades. But if they fail to acquire a signature of significance this summer...then yes...i think its just a matter of time then because that smile of his ain't getting a dammn thing but more investigations by the League for alleged tampering

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Rocco007
02-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Let's talk Players vs Franchises...

We have to decide definitively if we believe in goodwill relationships or is everything transactional...
Meaning is the NBA a business or a family...
I think each Franchise operates differently...

If you are always all business then expect your players to behave the same way...

It's amazing to me how the Lakers are now Tampering with everyone...

The latest is Brand and Philly acusing Magic of tampering with Simmons...only to have to apologize later...

Demps just dug his own grave because he was butt hurt over AD, Klutch Sports and the connection to Lebron...
He litterally has buried the franchise over his feelings being hurt...When AD leaves they're done...
He could've reaped the benefits of all the great talent the Lakers have drafted...But instead played a game of payback...

The question is...What was the payback?...What did the Lakers do?...

The Lakers are being penalized for being one of the best sport franchises in the world...
Both how they run their business, being likable and also being in a top marketing destination...

Even when everyone is against them...

David Stern haulted an agreed upon CP3 trade that set the Lakers back almost 5 years...Probably took at least 1 ring away from Kobe...
Why? Because the OWNERS COMPLAINED... Cleveland...one of the worst ran franchises in the NBA...

The Pelicans had a fantastic trade package on the table...and walked away from it out of spite...
We had other NBA coaches like Popovich and GMs like Ainge calling Demps telling them not to do it...a staunch Laker hater...

So why is it ok for OWNERS and COACHES to collude with one another but players can't collude with each other???

Everyone said the Lakers were stupid for paying Kbbe top dollor after he was passed his prime...
If Kobe doesn't tear his achilles...Who knows how long he would've played...
But the Lakers knew how much that man gave to the franchise...
He shot and made 2 free throws with a torn achiilles...
The Lakers knew how much Kobe gave to the game...No excuses played through pain...and injuries...delivered in the clutch season after season for the fans and the city and his legacy...
This is how the Lakers take care of one of their own...20 seasons...Money comes and goes...
But loyalty doesn't come that often..you reward it...

In contrast let's look at Boston...
Isaiah Thomas played hurt..They knew he played hurt...AND played through emotional duress after losing his sister during the Playoffs...
Why? Because they were trying to win a championship...
Then they dump him off in the fields like an old race horse with a bum hip...basically ruined his career...

Popovich and the Spurs...wanted Kawhi Leonard to do the same thing...Play hurt...
He refused...Doctors misdiagnosed him...so he can play and earn his money...
He smarted up and said I'm out...

Again turned down a great package for Kawhi out of spite...Instead took on a heavy contract with Derozan...out of spite...

Players like Magic Johnson...He's famous...an all time great...

But so is Michael Jordan...Nobody is breaking down doors to sign with the Hornets...
Why? MJ just ain't that likable...
So you penalize Magic ???

It's like your wife...if she's happy, it doesn't matter what game a man approaches her with...it's not going to work...
But if she's not satisfied...???
she will listen...
And sometimes it's not all business and tied to money...

Live by the sword....die by the sword...

The Lakers will win the long game...
We might lose small battles here and there...
But we eventually will win the war...
The NBA has to change how they view tampering to only benefit the owners...

Saddletramp
02-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Donít understand how Dell Demps is still employed. Everyone wants Magic gone already for not landing AD, but Demps hasnít done **** a decade in and after inheriting CP3 and drafting AD, theyíre still clawing for a playoff spot every year. I canít put the Cousins fiasco solely on him because Cousins is an idiot prick but Demps still having that job is stupid.

And as far as Pops and co talking Demps into not doing the trade, they played him, plain and simple. They saw the writing on the wall that a AD trade to the Lakers forms a powerhouse especially when the Lakers will have a max slot open up. Pops wanted to keep two blah teams blah, not one super team and another tanking one.

I donít have a problem with guys saying that theyíre leaving, but maybe a little quieter (which Iím sure AD did at first). Fans and organizations want loyalty yet trade guys as soon as it fits what they need to get better. Players doing the same thing is cool with me. I just wish guys would get a competitive spirit and not team up like crazy but once one ****** ruins the league, others have to adjust if they want their legacy to rise.

Trading Blake makes the Clippers better? Cool. Do what you gotta. Saying youíre not staying when your contract is up? Cool, thanks for the heads up. I bet the Blazers and Thunder wouldíve loved to have known LMA and Durant weíre leaving ahead of time. Portland wouldíve traded Aldridge but maybe the Thunder wouldíve thought a title wouldíve kept Durant happy and stayed put. Doubt it would have, though.

*Donít make me have to explain AGAIN how thatís Durant and not Lebron.

gogo
02-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Here's earvin trying to explain the rationale for his free agent signings. Nothing but incoherent drivel. This guy is dumb as a bag of rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oszmx5Gh5T0

Cal827
02-12-2019, 07:47 PM
I just hope Magic to you guys doesn't end up what Phil Jackson was to the Knicks, or Isiah Thomas to the Knicks. Just because they were a great player/coach doesn't mean that they are adequate for higher up positions in the organization.

ewing
02-12-2019, 08:10 PM
LeBron is a dick and a lot of people are feed up with him to the point where they donít want to play with him or do business with him. He still has his little empire and will try to use it while back stabbing who ever he has to try and get to the top. Still the chickens seem to be coming home to roost

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Owners are trying to prevent players from leaving when they should be focusing on making it harder for them to leave.

Eliminate the max salary. Give players more money to stay. I'd like to see Davis say he's not resigning if the Pelicans offer him $80 mil a year instead of $40 million. Easy for a guy like Durant to take a marginal paycut to bring in Iggy when he's taking like $5 mil less than the max. He wouldn't have made the same decision if he could have made $60 mil a year, which would have been like a $30 mil paycut instead.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2019, 09:05 PM
lol this dude.

Vee-Rex
02-12-2019, 09:11 PM
LeBron a dick and a lot of people are feed up with him to the point where they donít want to play with him or do business with him. He still has his little empire and will try to use it while back stabbing who ever he has to try and get to the top. Still the chickens seem to be coming home to roost

I'd bet money you're wearing LeBron jammies right now. I'd vote you most likely to be a closet LeBronphile.

Jamiecballer
02-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Let's talk Players vs Franchises...

We have to decide definitively if we believe in goodwill relationships or is everything transactional...
Meaning is the NBA a business or a family...
I think each Franchise operates differently...

If you are always all business then expect your players to behave the same way...

It's amazing to me how the Lakers are now Tampering with everyone...

The latest is Brand and Philly acusing Magic of tampering with Simmons...only to have to apologize later...

Demps just dug his own grave because he was butt hurt over AD, Klutch Sports and the connection to Lebron...
He litterally has buried the franchise over his feelings being hurt...When AD leaves they're done...
He could've reaped the benefits of all the great talent the Lakers have drafted...But instead played a game of payback...

The question is...What was the payback?...What did the Lakers do?...

The Lakers are being penalized for being one of the best sport franchises in the world...
Both how they run their business, being likable and also being in a top marketing destination...

Even when everyone is against them...

David Stern haulted an agreed upon CP3 trade that set the Lakers back almost 5 years...Probably took at least 1 ring away from Kobe...
Why? Because the OWNERS COMPLAINED... Cleveland...one of the worst ran franchises in the NBA...

The Pelicans had a fantastic trade package on the table...and walked away from it out of spite...
We had other NBA coaches like Popovich and GMs like Ainge calling Demps telling them not to do it...a staunch Laker hater...

So why is it ok for OWNERS and COACHES to collude with one another but players can't collude with each other???

Everyone said the Lakers were stupid for paying Kbbe top dollor after he was passed his prime...
If Kobe doesn't tear his achilles...Who knows how long he would've played...
But the Lakers knew how much that man gave to the franchise...
He shot and made 2 free throws with a torn achiilles...
The Lakers knew how much Kobe gave to the game...No excuses played through pain...and injuries...delivered in the clutch season after season for the fans and the city and his legacy...
This is how the Lakers take care of one of their own...20 seasons...Money comes and goes...
But loyalty doesn't come that often..you reward it...

In contrast let's look at Boston...
Isaiah Thomas played hurt..They knew he played hurt...AND played through emotional duress after losing his sister during the Playoffs...
Why? Because they were trying to win a championship...
Then they dump him off in the fields like an old race horse with a bum hip...basically ruined his career...

Popovich and the Spurs...wanted Kawhi Leonard to do the same thing...Play hurt...
He refused...Doctors misdiagnosed him...so he can play and earn his money...
He smarted up and said I'm out...

Again turned down a great package for Kawhi out of spite...Instead took on a heavy contract with Derozan...out of spite...

Players like Magic Johnson...He's famous...an all time great...

But so is Michael Jordan...Nobody is breaking down doors to sign with the Hornets...
Why? MJ just ain't that likable...
So you penalize Magic ???

It's like your wife...if she's happy, it doesn't matter what game a man approaches her with...it's not going to work...
But if she's not satisfied...???
she will listen...
And sometimes it's not all business and tied to money...

Live by the sword....die by the sword...

The Lakers will win the long game...
We might lose small battles here and there...
But we eventually will win the war...
The NBA has to change how they view tampering to only benefit the owners...The Lakers were not offering a single cornerstone piece, get real

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
02-12-2019, 10:56 PM
I'd bet money you're wearing LeBron jammies right now. I'd vote you most likely to be a closet LeBronphile.

You can only be a dick and go but ďitís a businessĒ for around 15 years before people start to get sick of you

Silent
02-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Lakers need to pony up if they want AD that first package was ****

gogo
02-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Tank for Zion!!!!!!

Giannis94
02-12-2019, 11:16 PM
Lost to indy without their best player by 46 and now lose to the Hawks. I'm going to speculate and say that the Lakers are tanking for zion and lebron wants some more time off in the off-season after playing late the last few years.

Someone convince me I'm wrong.

gogo
02-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

c.c.
02-12-2019, 11:37 PM
He should of went to the Kings or the Clippers if he wanted to go to Cali so bad.

Those were better options

The Lakers just a star chasing franchise

Giannis94
02-12-2019, 11:40 PM
If the Lakers are gonna miss the playoffs, tanking for a higher pick and zion in general is a good decision. No joke. Just ask a bucks fan that spent years in the friend zone of the 7 seed to barely missing the playoffs

gogo
02-12-2019, 11:41 PM
It's dawning on everyone that Earvin Johnson, Jeannie Buss and Rob Pelinka are evil geniuses. They signed knuckleheads Lebron, Javale, Beasley, Rondo and Stephenson to completely destabilize and demoralize their young players so they can tank for the no. 1 pick. But by signing Lebron, they could simultaneously TANK while guaranteeing 41 sellouts for the regular season! Brilliant plan!

Now, Jeannie, Earvin and Rob are planning who they'll pick no. 1 in the draft as the season spirals out of control and into the toilet. But like a phoenix emerging from ashes, the lakers will rise again...

Should they take Zion no. 1? What about his teammates RJ and Cam? Lakers insiders post here!

gogo
02-12-2019, 11:44 PM
It's all part of the master plan:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?942983-Who-Do-Lakers-Take-in-the-Lottery

Earvin makes Daryl Morey, RJ Buford and Jerry West look like simpletons.

Earvin is playing 4D chess. He may look like a nice guy with his smile and all, but behind that lies the heart of a VIPER. Ssssssss!!!!!!

majmarcus
02-12-2019, 11:52 PM
Idk if they're tanking for Zion. But I do believe Ben Simmons will sign with the Lakers when he becomes a free agent...

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

basch152
02-13-2019, 12:11 AM
the bucks should. they aren't winning anything with this team. wont even get out of the east.

Lakers + Giants
02-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Tank 4 Zion!

Scoots
02-13-2019, 01:45 AM
Here we have the new merged Lakers dysfunction thread.

Scoots
02-13-2019, 01:46 AM
The Lakers are unlikely to hard tank, but if they get the #1 pick there will be riots.

Giannis94
02-13-2019, 06:17 AM
The Lakers are unlikely to hard tank, but if they get the #1 pick there will be riots.

But we all know that is something the nba would do

c.c.
02-13-2019, 08:40 AM
I think theres more of a chance he steps down than getting fired. He's seeing landing quality free agents isn't as easy as simply being a Laker or having a Magic Johnson smile. I said back in the Mitch era, their recruiting ability appears to be terribly lacking/out dated.

They still think to this day Players are suppose to want to play for them because its everyone's dream(according to them) to grow up and wear the purple & gold and hang their jerseys and the history and blahhhhhh blah....

As soon as they(The Lakers) understand the same players they covet and is after are the same players every other team wants to stop them from obtaining them or pay a hefty price in acquiring them. Lakers not fleecing too many teams nowadays because no one is trying to help the Lakers be successful.

Lol they tried to sell that crap to Dwight Howard and it didnít work.

Even had Kobe Bryant begging him

Giannis94
02-13-2019, 09:53 AM
Mod crew changed my thread title to something that fits even better

smith&wesson
02-13-2019, 10:08 AM
They shoulda traded ball and Kuz for Beal

Rondo - Hart
Beal - KCP
Ingram- Lance - Bulock
Lebron - Muscala
McGee- Chandler

And then wait for Davis

Lil Rhody
02-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Funny bron bails to young team out west right when the east gets good. If he fails on LA he has the young ones and coach to blame. Cleveland he had nothing but himself to blame for that dumpster roster

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Heediot
02-13-2019, 10:52 AM
LeBron is a dick and a lot of people are feed up with him to the point where they donít want to play with him or do business with him. He still has his little empire and will try to use it while back stabbing who ever he has to try and get to the top. Still the chickens seem to be coming home to roost

He is about the loot. His financial aspirations are to own a team like MJ, and the cost of a franchise keeps inflating at ridic levels.

I wonder what his cut from Klutch is when it's all said and done? He got TT and JR overpaid because they were with Klutch.

prodigy
02-13-2019, 02:49 PM

what? lol im talking more about marketability. Bigger markets mean more endorsements/commercials etc... Because the bigger markets will be on TV more so those players become more house hold names in general.
Plus weather, night life comes into play also.

prodigy
02-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Right...that's why the free agents were rushing in the last 8 years....got it...

Thats why Lebron choose Lakers over Clippers. Just a fact.

gogo
02-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Lakers are finished.

Sssmush
02-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Yeah but LeBron has never waived a no trade if ever in his career and even if he did which is like a very very slim chance but if he did then it is gonna be the same situation all over again in Cleveland and LA but in his new location as well. I don't see LeBron going anywhere but I see Magic getting fired and LeBron ends up becoming quasi GM just like in Cleveland with Jeannie giving him free reign.

The idea of Magic getting fired and handed a big cup of stfu is the most cheerful and optimistic Laker thought I've had in three weeks.

gogo
02-13-2019, 08:58 PM
C fans have nothing to be worried about; the Lakers as I have already pointed out are completely finished with Jeannie as president. She has to be unselfish enough to step aside 100% from ALL meaningful decision making in the organization and hand the reins to someone who knows what they're doing.

Jeannie is an airhead. She's perfectly capable of overseeing minor decisions such as setting the lighting at staples center or welcoming courtside spectators. Anything more consequential and she is completely out of her depth.

That is the one and only chance for the lakers. Until then they are one of the bottom 10 franchises in the nba and in running for the very worst. Much like the Sterling era clippers.

TakeYourL
02-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Why did the Lakers let randle go for nothing and with no fight?

gogo
02-13-2019, 09:09 PM
So many lurkers lol...

Giannis94
02-13-2019, 09:38 PM
I don't wanna hear it that psd needs to ban me. I am their most valuable asset.

Chronz
02-14-2019, 02:17 PM
If they had a competent gm instead of someone trying to buck the trend, heres what they do this offseason.

You don't trash Brook, you bring him back knowing hes perfect for Bron and cheap. You resign Randle to the same ****ing deal and use him as the asset he is. Could be part of a future deal, it's a risk but one you gotta take given his production.

You stay away from Beasley, the rest are fine stop gaps.

There has got to be some way to keep D'Angelo too

Sssmush
02-14-2019, 03:53 PM
C fans have nothing to be worried about; the Lakers as I have already pointed out are completely finished with Jeannie as president. She has to be unselfish enough to step aside 100% from ALL meaningful decision making in the organization and hand the reins to someone who knows what they're doing.

Jeannie is an airhead. She's perfectly capable of overseeing minor decisions such as setting the lighting at staples center or welcoming courtside spectators. Anything more consequential and she is completely out of her depth.

That is the one and only chance for the lakers. Until then they are one of the bottom 10 franchises in the nba and in running for the very worst. Much like the Sterling era clippers.

Celtics are an overrated joke themselves, with their "gritty young high character basketball wizard" head coach and their angry selfish little GM Danny Ainge. Plus their broke ankle non shooting SF, their weirdly matched "young pieces" and Kyrie will probably either take off or Ainge lowballs him. LoL Celtics will be in rebuild mode before you know it, no way they win a title or even get out of east.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Why did the Lakers let randle go for nothing and with no fight?

cuz he sucks and we replaced him with Lebron

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2019, 04:56 PM
Ban Giannis!

Hawkeye15
02-14-2019, 05:07 PM

I call them LeJammies

Hawkeye15
02-14-2019, 05:07 PM
cuz he sucks and we replaced him with Lebron

hahahaha

Hawkeye15
02-14-2019, 05:09 PM
So, they have LeBron James, a couple nice young players, and room for upwards of 2 max players.

Why are the Lakers a mess again?

WhiteShadow42
02-14-2019, 05:10 PM
So, they have LeBron James, a couple nice young players, and room for upwards of 2 max players.

Thank You!

WhiteShadow42
02-14-2019, 05:20 PM
If they had a competent gm instead of someone trying to buck the trend, heres what they do this offseason.

You don't trash Brook, you bring him back knowing hes perfect for Bron and cheap. You resign Randle to the same ****ing deal and use him as the asset he is. Could be part of a future deal, it's a risk but one you gotta take given his production.

You stay away from Beasley, the rest are fine stop gaps.

There has got to be some way to keep D'Angelo too

I know I'm not going to get a response but what the heck.

1) Brook was too slow for our switching scheme defense. Javale is perfect for that since he is pretty athletic and quick for a big man. Yes, he is the GOAT of Shaqtin a fool but he has played pretty well in the most part this year. Also Brook did not get any rebounds.

2) Randle himself and his contract that he received from NO was not the issue. The Lakers would have had no issues with getting him for that much. BUT he wanted a lot more from the Lakers because we had his bird rights. He only had 1 good season and was not worth the risk. Second his agent was butt hurt that we traded DeAngelo so did not want to do business with us. And by the way, we got Lebron to replace him in that position.

3) In order to open up that contract for Lebron we had to get rid of Mosgov's and Deng's contracts. We stretched Deng because no one in their right mind would have taken that contract. Mos at least would remain in the NBA. We sacrificed DLO to do that. He was very immature, played no defense, and was not a hard worker. Yes he turned out ok at the end but we drafted Lonzo, got Kuz, and room for Lebron.

4) I agree with Beasley. He is a space cadet.

Giannis94
02-14-2019, 09:57 PM
Ban Giannis!
Baby, it's valentine's day and you're trying to do this now?!

Jamiecballer
02-14-2019, 10:00 PM
The Bucks don't even have a great roster. They have an A+ coach, a top 5 MVP candidate and a bunch of role players. Budenholzer is COTY.Sounds about right

Lakers + Giants
02-14-2019, 10:08 PM

Kicking us while we're down is the cool thing to do. But we like to over exaggerate in the process as well.

We're ****ed. What you stated is nonsense. :D

Nobody wants to come here while we have Cap space. I heard it with LeBron last year.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2019, 10:08 PM
I dont think the Lakers are a big mess right now. They just clearly got burned because this Anthony Davis this came around at the worst time possible. 12 months earlier and that offer looks a lot better and probably gets it done.

Lakers + Giants
02-14-2019, 10:10 PM
I dont think the Lakers are a big mess right now. They just clearly got burned because this Anthony Davis this came around at the worst time possible. 12 months earlier and that offer looks a lot better and probably gets it done.

Pelicans already trying to save face implying they would've accepted the offer had it not gone down the way it did. Surrrrreeee.... lmfao. They won the battle by embarrassing us but they're gonna pay the price when they have to continue to overpay FAs because of their pettiness.

Cracka2HI!
02-14-2019, 11:59 PM
The Lakers are a huge mess but I think that might change by the start of next season. I don't think they'll do it but they should fire Magic and Pelinka. Those guys are great at what they do but neither is a GM. It's not like their just not good, they aren't even qualified. Now, that said I've been working on my 2019-2020 off-season projections and I think the Lakers will be fine. One way or another they will have a more LeBron friendly team that has more experience and talent than this years' team. I don't think they'll hit on a big star. Even if they don't I can see them adding two 2nd tier players like Nikola Vucevic and Jrue Holiday(both teams could save face by the Lakers picking up Holiday on the cheap) while keeping Kuzma and maybe even Ingram. Might not be those exact players but just say it's them, a starting lineup of Vucevic, Kuzma, James, Ingram and Holiday would be stacked. They'd have no problem finding bench players. I think even Magic and Pelinka can pull off something like that or better.

Saddletramp
02-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Pelicans already trying to save face implying they would've accepted the offer had it not gone down the way it did. Surrrrreeee.... lmfao. They won the battle by embarrassing us but they're gonna pay the price when they have to continue to overpay FAs because of their pettiness.

Theyíve had to overpay regardless. No one wants to play there otherwise.

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Theyíve had to overpay regardless. No one wants to play there otherwise.

True and this doesn't improve anything. It's why ****** franchises are the way they are.

Saddletramp
02-15-2019, 02:59 AM
True and this doesn't improve anything. It's why ****** franchises are the way they are.

Demps needs to go but regardless of whoís at the helm, players wonít be clamoring to play there at normal rate until a lot of things change.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2019, 06:35 AM
@Lakers + giants

Really? I hadn't heard that lol

Giannis94
02-15-2019, 07:24 AM
Demps needs to go but regardless of whoís at the helm, players wonít be clamoring to play there at normal rate until a lot of things change.

That's when you full out tank and sign guys like amir Johnson and Reddick for a combined 30 some mill. Get a new HC claim you're starting over and eventually create a new culture.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-15-2019, 11:57 AM
There is literally no reason to have any faith in the Lakers front office and coaching staff right now. From ownership to President of Basketball Operations to GM to Head Coach... none of them are proven.

Jeanie Buss - Other than being Jerry Buss's daughter and Phil Jackson's ex-Fiancee, what makes her a proven and qualified NBA owner?

Magic Jonson - Great player and media personality, but what makes him a proven and qualified President of Basketball Operations?

Rob Pelinka - Had some success as an agent, but what makes him a proven an qualified GM?

Luke Walton - Good assistant coach and did a great job filling in for Steve Kerr for a team that already had great talent and structure in place, but what has he ever proven as a Head Coach?

I don't blame Lebron if he has his doubts about this organization and trusts himself more to run this team because let's face it, he essentially ran the Cavs in his second go around and won a championship. He probably views himself as the most credible person in that organization to make basketball decisions.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-15-2019, 12:01 PM
And for those of you who likes the Lakers young core and thinks they've done a good job of building it... It's not that impressive to build a young core like that when you've sucked for the last 5 years and have a bunch of top picks. Kyle Kuzma and maybe Josh Hart to an extent are the only picks that actually make them look like they know what they're doing.

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 03:30 PM
@Lakers + giants

Really? I hadn't heard that lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-pelicans-considered-anthony-davis-144324799.html

lmao. such bs

Jamiecballer
02-15-2019, 04:20 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-pelicans-considered-anthony-davis-144324799.html

lmao. such bsI still dont really see how that relates to what I said though. Timing is everything and there was a lot more shine on those 3 young guys last season.

Rocco007
02-15-2019, 04:28 PM
And for those of you who likes the Lakers young core and thinks they've done a good job of building it... It's not that impressive to build a young core like that when you've sucked for the last 5 years and have a bunch of top picks. Kyle Kuzma and maybe Josh Hart to an extent are the only picks that actually make them look like they know what they're doing.

So let's you and I go head to head...

Who's drafted better than the Lakers over those 5 years...
Give me all of the teams

2018 NBA 1 25 Moritz Wagner University of Michigan
2018 NBA 2 39 Isaac Bonga
2018 NBA 2 47 Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk University of Kansas
2017 NBA 1 2 Lonzo Ball University of California, Los Angeles
2017 NBA 1 27 Kyle Kuzma University of Utah
2017 NBA 1 30 Josh Hart Univeristy of Villanova
2017 NBA 2 46 Thomas Bryant University of Indiana
2016 NBA 1 2 Brandon Ingram Duke University
2016 NBA 2 32 Ivica Zubac
2015 NBA 1 2 D'Angelo Russell Ohio State University
2015 NBA 1 27 Larry Nance Jr. University of Wyoming
2015 NBA 2 46 Jordan Clarkson
2015 NBA 2 34 Anthony Brown Stanford University
2014 NBA 1 7 Julius Randle University of Kentucky

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2019, 04:38 PM
I still dont really see how that relates to what I said though. Timing is everything and there was a lot more shine on those 3 young guys last season.

You're talking to a Laker fan who hates the young core lmao.

I'm just simply stating they're full of **** by saying they would've considered if things we're quieter..

numba1CHANGsta
02-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Lakers werenít going to win the title this year with or without AD anyways. Barely on year 1 of 2 of Magicís plan. Lakers will win it all next season dont worry friends ;)

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-15-2019, 04:53 PM
So let's you and I go head to head...

Who's drafted better than the Lakers over those 5 years...
Give me all of the teams

2018 NBA 1 25 Moritz Wagner University of Michigan
2018 NBA 2 39 Isaac Bonga
2018 NBA 2 47 Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk University of Kansas
2017 NBA 1 2 Lonzo Ball University of California, Los Angeles
2017 NBA 1 27 Kyle Kuzma University of Utah
2017 NBA 1 30 Josh Hart Univeristy of Villanova
2017 NBA 2 46 Thomas Bryant University of Indiana
2016 NBA 1 2 Brandon Ingram Duke University
2016 NBA 2 32 Ivica Zubac
2015 NBA 1 2 D'Angelo Russell Ohio State University
2015 NBA 1 27 Larry Nance Jr. University of Wyoming
2015 NBA 2 46 Jordan Clarkson
2015 NBA 2 34 Anthony Brown Stanford University
2014 NBA 1 7 Julius Randle University of Kentucky

Are you trying to say this is a good resume?

Rocco007
02-15-2019, 05:59 PM

I want you to answer the question.

Rivera
02-15-2019, 06:09 PM

are you sick? are you Roccos dupe?

wheres the big purple bold font?

Rocco007
02-15-2019, 06:58 PM

I figured as much... you don't want this smoke....I'm moving down the list and destroying Laker Haters one by one...NBA Thread looking like Laker Hater Heaven...Not on my watch!
:smoking:

#purplepeopleeater

Heediot
02-15-2019, 07:04 PM
sucka *** fool with the purple fonts lmao.

come back to your drafting when the lakers make the playoffs lololol.

Rocco007
02-15-2019, 07:13 PM
There is literally no reason to have any faith in the Lakers front office and coaching staff right now. From ownership to President of Basketball Operations to GM to Head Coach... none of them are proven.

Jeanie Buss - Other than being Jerry Buss's daughter and Phil Jackson's ex-Fiancee, what makes her a proven and qualified NBA owner?

Magic Jonson - Great player and media personality, but what makes him a proven and qualified President of Basketball Operations?

Rob Pelinka - Had some success as an agent, but what makes him a proven an qualified GM?

Luke Walton - Good assistant coach and did a great job filling in for Steve Kerr for a team that already had great talent and structure in place, but what has he ever proven as a Head Coach?

I don't blame Lebron if he has his doubts about this organization and trusts himself more to run this team because let's face it, he essentially ran the Cavs in his second go around and won a championship. He probably views himself as the most credible person in that organization to make basketball decisions.

Pure Buffoonery...You know nothing...

Jeanie Buss family owns the team...she won a court battle to have the top Billing over her 2 othger brother...She's doing an awesome job..Top of the Line...Treats her people with class, respect and dignity...Sent Kobe out in Historic Fashion. You won't ever see that again...
Do we need to go down the list of bad NBA owner?

Magic Johnson the Legendary player/winner/businessman now the likable pitchman...I would take him over anybody in recruiting players...Teams are shook to have their players around Magic...See Philly GM...Oh see Pelicans GM..errrrrr I mean former...
Ditto Pelinka...Players like these guys...
AD rumored to LA...Irving rumored to LA..Kawhi rumored to LA...PG13 was rumored to LA... and of course the best player in the world was signed...

Luke Walton As opposed to...Steve Kerr who inherited Mark Jackson's Team with no HC experience and now he's a genius?? In his absence Luke had a 40-6 record with the same team.

I'm done with you...easy work...

prodigy
02-16-2019, 01:56 PM

They are def a mess right now. Clearly that can change quickly.

their head coach is trash. The front office consists of Lebron and his agent (worse then when he was in Cleveland). All the players were thrown under the bus. lebrons injuries are catching up with him etc... They are def a mess. But with the pieces you mentioned it can turn around quickly.

GREATNESS ONE
02-16-2019, 03:28 PM
did Giannis get banned yet?

Chronz
02-17-2019, 02:28 AM

2?

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 03:04 AM
Did Giannis get banned yet?

More-Than-Most
02-17-2019, 04:31 AM
Did Giannis get banned yet?

Its weird... I gets why he hates us because of embiid... I get why the sixers/lakers fans argue... what I dont understand is why he hates the lakers so much lol

Chronz
02-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Its weird... I gets why he hates us because of embiid... I get why the sixers/lakers fans argue... what I dont understand is why he hates the lakers so much lol
Stole Kareem

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2019, 03:37 PM

He passionately hates us and creates troll thread after bait thread...

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Stole Kareem

kid wasnt even floating in a sack back then though. makes no sense.

Rocco007
02-18-2019, 10:12 PM
Why did the Lakers let Randle go for nothing and with no fight?
This is a legit question..I wrote about this in the Laker Forum...
It's really a fugged up situation.
I thought Randle was the perfect small ball 5...

So the only drawback Pelinka saw in taking the Laker GM job was the fact that he would have to now deal with Agents he used to compete with...Although he said he had always kept good relations
among his peers...there was always 1 or 2 haters...

Enter Aaron Mintz

I could not believe why Paul George didn't even give the Lakers a meeting after all of the home coming talk... even he stayed with OKC...A meeting would still have been just due prudence...

Well...Here we go...

D'Angelo Russell's agent is Aaron Mintz...

Paul George's agent is Aaron Mintz....

Julius Randle's agent is....Aaron Mintz...

Here are some of the headlines...

You can put it all together...

----------------------
Paul George, DíAngelo Russell and Julius Randleís agent might want them all in Los Angeles

Canít blame him, really.
By AnthonyIrwinLA@AnthonyIrwinLA Jun 7, 2017, 10:29am PDT
-------
Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say.
4:09 PM - Jun 20, 2017
-----------------
Unsure of Lakers' interest in keeping Randle
Field Level Media May 21, 2018

Julius Randle's agent told the Los Angeles Times he is unsure about the Los Angeles Lakers' desire to retain the restricted free agent, despite general manager's Rob Pelinka's comments about mutual interest between the two sides.

"We still have no indication of where Julius stands among the Lakers' priorities, or if he is a priority at all," Aaron Mintz, Randle's agent, told the Times. "We are looking forward to the marketplace in July, when we will get a clear picture of Julius' future."

Pelinka told the Times over the weekend that the Lakers and Randle have "a mutual exchange of interest and hoping that we can work something out for both sides."

---------------

Ramona Shelburne

@ramonashelburne
According to multiple sources Julius Randle asked to be renounced by the the Lakers once it became clear his role could dramatically change this season and the team wasnít interested in making a longer term commitment to him.

4:45 PM - Jul 2, 2018
------------
Eric Pincus

Verified account

@EricPincus
Follow Follow @EricPincus
More Eric Pincus Retweeted Wagner Branco
Let's say there's some Aaron Mintz/Rob Pelinka lifelong grudge (not suggesting) - could be a favor for CAA at large, or to the Pelicans, or a message to other agents that the Lakers will be reasonable when they can. Just theorizing

Julius Randle wante a long term commitment from the Lakers yet he signs a 1 and 1 deal with the Pelicans...
Aaron Mintz is a jag-off..

Giannis94
02-18-2019, 11:52 PM

I don't hate Philly or their fans. I don't hate the Lakers current team. I hate the Lakers organization a whol.. I do hate their fans for putting a rapist on a pedestal and worshiping him. It would be as if the Patriots bolt a statue of Aaron Hernandez and made him the face of their franchise. It's sickening.

Vee-Rex
02-19-2019, 12:59 AM
I don't hate Philly or their fans. I don't hate the Lakers current team. I hate their organs a whol.. I do hate their fans for putting a rapist on a pedestal and worshiping him. It would be as if the Patriots bolt a statue of Aaron Hernandez and made him the face of their franchise. It's sickening.

Many bans ago, remember the conversation we had? You were just a wee one at the time and relied on my guidance to see you through.

And look how far you've come. My advice?

Don't get yourself banned again, my son.

Chronz
02-19-2019, 10:39 AM
kid wasnt even floating in a sack back then though. makes no sense.
Generational hatred

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-19-2019, 11:05 AM

Kings did a better job. There is one example.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Important fact about the Lakers front office... Magic and Pelinka weren't hired until 2017. We only have the last two drafts and off seasons to judge them from, so we probably need more time before we judge them properly. They did inherit a bad situation, so we should probably give them a couple more years to put it together. The standard has to be higher than simply making the playoffs though. They have Lebron James and they are the Lakers so it's a given that they will acquire at least one more star to join Lebron in LA. If they can't put together a championship roster within the next 2-3 years, it's a failure. But it's fair to give them some time before we fully judge.

Again though, doesn't change my point that none of them are proven in their current roles.

Scoots
02-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Important fact about the Lakers front office... Magic and Pelinka weren't hired until 2017. We only have the last two drafts and off seasons to judge them from, so we probably need more time before we judge them properly. They did inherit a bad situation, so we should probably give them a couple more years to put it together. The standard has to be higher than simply making the playoffs though. They have Lebron James and they are the Lakers so it's a given that they will acquire at least one more star to join Lebron in LA. If they can't put together a championship roster within the next 2-3 years, it's a failure. But it's fair to give them some time before we fully judge.

Again though, doesn't change my point that none of them are proven in their current roles.

What we know is they were gifted a year of LeBron and they haven't really done anything positive with it. Waiting is a choice, but it's not exactly impressive.

Tg11
02-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs at this point

Rocco007
02-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Kings did a better job. There is one example.

😂🤣😂

Giannis94
02-19-2019, 03:45 PM
Many bans ago, remember the conversation we had? You were just a wee one at the time and relied on my guidance to see you through.

And look how far you've come. My advice?

Don't get yourself banned again, my son.

I won't get myself banned again. In the era of the me to movement it's become more important to speak up about injustices against females.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-19-2019, 05:01 PM
What we know is they were gifted a year of LeBron and they haven't really done anything positive with it. Waiting is a choice, but it's not exactly impressive.

I hear ya and I don't disagree. The players they added to build around Lebron with for this year was baffling.

But I'm just saying, to be fair and all, we really only have the 2017 draft to judge their drafting ability. That draft was pretty good outside of probably missing on Lonzo. If they took a guy like Tatum or Fox, it would have been a great draft for them, but we really need more than just one draft to judge a front office.