PDA

View Full Version : LaVar Ball

Tg11
02-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Lonzo's father is at it again on Undisputed. He was all quiet for a long while until yesterday he broke his silence ripping Luke Walton. Not to mention he's going off on the Lakers management saying AD is not a winner and that he doesn't want his son going to New Orleans. LaVar may be the reason why this trade gets shut down. Not to mention LaVar said should his son be traded, he wants his son to go to the Phoenix Suns of all teams believe it or not. LaVar is basically ruining his eldest son's career.

I think the AD trade will fall through the cracks because of LaVar opening his big mouth but also LaVar doesn't want his son in New Orleans. However, Lonzo was not even the best PG in college or even in his Draft class hell he wasn't even the best overall player in his Draft class either. Plus Lonzo is the key for that trade to go through.

Secondly, the fact hes speaking again must mean hes really worried Lonzo is about to get shipped out of town, and hes doing his best to sabotage it.

Seems like this situation is about to get a lot wilder before it settles down, especially now that Lavar is involved and back to talking with the media.

Once he opens his mouth, you can guarantee that all bets are off.

If it looks like the trade is going down, then you can really expect LaVar to start popping off. It should be a ton of fun.

Guarantee y'all one thing...I know that if Magic had to do it over again he would draft De'Aaron Fox or Tatum over Lonzo

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 07:16 AM
They need to trade him to Detroit. Phoenix is way too nice of a city for them. Philky would be ideal as well but they're winning now and the balls don't deserve that. Chicago is also another good option. A team in the middle of nowhere going nowhere with a 20 m pg on the roster. Send em to Detroit or Chicago and let's see how it plays out

Tg11
02-07-2019, 07:59 AM
LaVar said he would speak it into existence it is either Phoenix or no one especially if they want his son gone. I think Lonzo still has potential but he just needs the right fit and the right coach. Luke Walton clearly is not that.

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 08:07 AM
LaVar said he would speak it into existence it is either Phoenix or no one especially if they want his son gone. I think Lonzo still has potential but he just needs the right fit and the right coach. Luke Walton clearly is not that.

Why does lavar get preference where lonzo goes? He entered the draft knowing that he could get picked by another team. Or traded. If you can't deal with that he shouldn't have came out. You think other teams are saying "we need to trade for lonzo. Lots of potential " like the bets did with dlo? Hell no. Because lonzo cones with a circus. And dlo was made the scape goat in his situation.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Why does lavar get preference where lonzo goes? He entered the draft knowing that he could get picked by another team. Or traded. If you can't deal with that he shouldn't have came out. You think other teams are saying "we need to trade for lonzo. Lots of potential " like the bets did with dlo? Hell no. Because lonzo cones with a circus. And dlo was made the scape goat in his situation.

Exactly and teams are gonna want to stay away from Lonzo for that very reason cuz he comes with a circus. LaVar is gonna do a lot to sabotage the deal.

Giannis94
02-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Exactly and teams are gonna want to stay away from Lonzo for that very reason cuz he comes with a circus. LaVar is gonna do a lot to sabotage the deal.
Perfect. I hope he stays in LA. It's like the Kardashians all over again. Never really believed in the phrase "history repeats itself" until now

Tg11
02-07-2019, 08:31 AM
Perfect. I hope he stays in LA. It's like the Kardashians all over again. Never really believed in the phrase "history repeats itself" until now

Yeah but if they keep Lonzo in LA...AD is off the table

Scoots
02-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Lonzo's father is at it again on Undisputed. He was all quiet for a long while until yesterday he broke his silence ripping Luke Walton. Not to mention he's going off on the Lakers management saying AD is not a winner and that he doesn't want his son going to New Orleans. LaVar may be the reason why this trade gets shut down. Not to mention LaVar said should his son be traded, he wants his son to go to the Phoenix Suns of all teams believe it or not. LaVar is basically ruining his eldest son's career.

I think the AD trade will fall through the cracks because of LaVar opening his big mouth but also LaVar doesn't want his son in New Orleans. However, Lonzo was not even the best PG in college or even in his Draft class hell he wasn't even the best overall player in his Draft class either. Plus Lonzo is the key for that trade to go through.

Secondly, the fact hes speaking again must mean hes really worried Lonzo is about to get shipped out of town, and hes doing his best to sabotage it.

Seems like this situation is about to get a lot wilder before it settles down, especially now that Lavar is involved and back to talking with the media.

Once he opens his mouth, you can guarantee that all bets are off.

If it looks like the trade is going down, then you can really expect LaVar to start popping off. It should be a ton of fun.

Guarantee y'all one thing...I know that if Magic had to do it over again he would draft De'Aaron Fox or Tatum over Lonzo

He wasn't quiet. He's been talking the whole time, it was just that he wasn't getting broad coverage for his BS. But he's been talking the same **** the whole time.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Yeah but at a point where they tryin to go all in for AD...yeah LaVar just ruined y'all's chances

Tg11
02-07-2019, 09:31 AM
I honestly love LaVar Ball because he is gonna deter big names from coming to LA; please LaVar please keep it up

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 09:36 AM
I like Lonzo and his game, but he may end up in Europe in two years because of his father.

warfelg
02-07-2019, 09:51 AM
I like Lonzo and his game, but he may end up in Europe in two years because of his father.

Hes shooting 40/32/42 FG/3PT/FT. As much as people make comments on Simmons this is absurd.

FWIW two of those splits are career highs. The other one is just barely under his career high.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Yeah I know right but apparently LaVar wants his boy in Phoenix and Phoenix is in need of a point guard. I mean isn't Booker a point guard or Booker he can play at the 1? Booker is a combo guard isn't he not? However, Phoenix may be the right fit for Lonzo. Not to mention Phoenix is not that far from LA geographically.

warfelg
02-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Yeah I know right but apparently LaVar wants his boy in Phoenix and Phoenix is in need of a point guard. I mean isn't Booker a point guard or Booker he can play at the 1? Booker is a combo guard isn't he not? However, Phoenix may be the right fit for Lonzo. Not to mention Phoenix is not that far from LA geographically.

Booker is not a PG. Hes barely a combo guard. Booker is a shooter.

Lavar wants him in PHX because of how close it is to LA.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Booker is not a PG. Hes barely a combo guard. Booker is a shooter.

Lavar wants him in PHX because of how close it is to LA.

Exactly Arizona is close to Los Angeles...like a couple of hours away since Phoenix, LA and Vegas are practically all connected. It makes sense why LaVar would want Lonzo close. However, the Suns do need a point guard and in that situation with Phoenix being a young team Lonzo can actually thrive in this environment especially playing alongside Booker, Ayton and let's say they draft Zion or RJ

warfelg
02-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Exactly Arizona is close to Los Angeles...like a couple of hours away since Phoenix, LA and Vegas are practically all connected. It makes sense why LaVar would want Lonzo close. However, the Suns do need a point guard and in that situation with Phoenix being a young team Lonzo can actually thrive in this environment especially playing alongside Booker, Ayton and let's say they draft Zion or RJ

If I were PHX I rather not trade for Lonzo and draft RJ, whos better anyways.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Honestly Ball to me will struggle to maintain an NBA career. He just isn't worth it with his father involved. He either needs a come to jesus with his Dad and needs to tell him to fkin git, or he will end up overseas within 5 years. I don't see the potential some of you might, the guy struggles so badly offensively, and is so replaceable.

Heediot
02-07-2019, 11:05 AM
I think Lonzo is a good fit next to Booker. Booker can play off ball as well, and this gives them another ball handler.
Lonzo makes Ayton and Jackson better.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 11:11 AM
I think Lonzo is a good fit next to Booker. Booker can play off ball as well, and this gives them another ball handler.
Lonzo makes Ayton and Jackson better.

I think so too which is why I would love this move

Scoots
02-07-2019, 12:47 PM
It's really hard to hide a player with limited offensive skill in the modern NBA and if it's a guard it's almost impossible. Ball has to develop a reliable shot to be more than a part time player.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2019, 12:55 PM
It's really hard to hide a player with limited offensive skill in the modern NBA and if it's a guard it's almost impossible. Ball has to develop a reliable shot to be more than a part time player.

I always said if Rubio were just a league average shooter/scorer, he would probably make some all NBA teams. Sigh..

Tg11
02-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Why not send Lonzo to the Orlando Magic? They are in obvious need of a point guard and also Orlando is more or less just like LA in terms of weather and atmosphere. Or send Lonzo to the Miami Heat. Send Lonzo to South Beach. Miami night life is just like Los Angeles and atmosphere is also the same too. Miami is a great, young team where he can thrive and I know Spoelstra would let Lonzo be Lonzo. Miami would actually be a good fit for Lonzo.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Why not send Lonzo to the Orlando Magic? They are in obvious need of a point guard and also Orlando is more or less just like LA in terms of weather and atmosphere. Or send Lonzo to the Miami Heat. Send Lonzo to South Beach. Miami night life is just like Los Angeles and atmosphere is also the same too. Miami is a great, young team where he can thrive and I know Spoelstra would let Lonzo be Lonzo. Miami would actually be a good fit for Lonzo.

Nothing in Florida is like Los Angeles. Nothing. Except they have sand and water.

Honestly, the only way Ball works is if you can give him a backcourt mate who can relieve him of creating duties I think.

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 01:31 PM
No one is going to trade for lonzo anymore, because no one is going to want to give him a long term deal.

Lavar just reminded everyone he only keeps his mouth shut if he gets what he wants, now he blowing up brons spot, magics spot, Luke's spot.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Lonzo and Booker + ayton with another pick on the way is intriguing

Tg11
02-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Lonzo and Booker + ayton with another pick on the way is intriguing

Exactly Lonzo, Booker, Ayton and let's say the Suns land Zion Williamson too on top of it...the Suns future looks bright especially if you add Lonzo

Scoots
02-07-2019, 01:39 PM

Why would Spoelstra suddenly change for Ball?

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Exactly Lonzo, Booker, Ayton and let's say the Suns land Zion Williamson too on top of it...the Suns future looks bright especially if you add Lonzo

I don't think that Lonzo matters in that equation. I could be that team's PG.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 02:15 PM
I don't think that Lonzo matters in that equation. I could be that team's PG.

He's the kind of low usage defensive pg who can deliver the rock to their top guys. I don't think you have his vision. I do however, i'm always hitting my friends in the face, whether I'm dishing the rock or spitting at them

Tg11
02-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Or if he went to Orlando he would be a perfect fit alongside Vucevic and Gordon

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 02:37 PM
He's the kind of low usage defensive pg who can deliver the rock to their top guys. I don't think you have his vision. I do however, i'm always hitting my friends in the face, whether I'm dishing the rock or spitting at them

I think you underestimate how good Ayton and Zion would make me look.

BDawk4Prez
02-08-2019, 01:34 PM
If Lavar gets his choice it will be the Phoenix Balls.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Phoenix Suns is actually a good fit for Lonzo

BDawk4Prez
02-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Phoenix Suns is actually a good fit for Lonzo

Lonzo is awful. Out of the league soon.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Lonzo is awful. Out of the league soon.

China.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Or Lonzo could end up in G League

dhopisthename
02-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Hes shooting 40/32/42 FG/3PT/FT. As much as people make comments on Simmons this is absurd.

FWIW two of those splits are career highs. The other one is just barely under his career high.

I just can't get over that FT%. the sample size for two years is getting big enough that you can't blame it on a small sample size. Have to wonder if its the yips, he just has zero shooting ability, or doesn't practice at all.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 07:17 PM
I just can't get over that FT%. the sample size for two years is getting big enough that you can't blame it on a small sample size. Have to wonder if its the yips, he just has zero shooting ability, or doesn't practice at all.

LaVar Ball entertains me like he is funny

gogo
02-08-2019, 07:24 PM
He sellin' dat magic tap waters. Fo' Ninety Nine!

Tg11
02-08-2019, 07:37 PM
He sellin' dat magic tap waters. Fo' Ninety Nine!

The tap waters imported from Lithuania...****in dyin of laughter man I watched Undisputed with him the other day and he said his son better than LeBron...I just gave up on Lavar after that

FlashBolt
02-08-2019, 07:47 PM
The tap waters imported from Lithuania...****in dyin of laughter man I watched Undisputed with him the other day and he said his son better than LeBron...I just gave up on Lavar after that

wow, you lasted that long?

Tg11
02-08-2019, 07:54 PM
wow, you lasted that long?

I gave up in the sense that I thought that he could at least be salvageable but now it is even more outlandish than all his other claims about Lonzo

Sanjay
02-08-2019, 11:49 PM

It is the yips. Ball's shooting from the floor has improved, but his free throw percentage has got even worse and I doubt he does not practice.

FlashBolt
02-08-2019, 11:56 PM
It is the yips. Ball's shooting from the floor has improved, but his free throw percentage has got even worse and I doubt he does not practice.

Lonzo only shoots 1 FT per game. So while it's a bad %, it's overstated. The most worrisome issue is that he's not comfortable of getting to the line so that might affect his game when he's attacking the paint or drawing contact. But the FT% is just overstated.

Tg11
02-09-2019, 11:14 AM
LaVar said he'll help Lonzo on his free throws but he ain't gon tell him how to do it

Scoots
02-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Lonzo only shoots 1 FT per game. So while it's a bad %, it's overstated. The most worrisome issue is that he's not comfortable of getting to the line so that might affect his game when he's attacking the paint or drawing contact. But the FT% is just overstated.

How is it overstated when you are saying he's avoiding contact just to avoid going to the line? Are you saying Lonzo doesn't know about his own shooting?

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 05:25 PM
How is it overstated when you are saying he's avoiding contact just to avoid going to the line? Are you saying Lonzo doesn't know about his own shooting?

It's overstated because he's not shooting a lot of FT's anyways. The biggest problem is how it affects him getting contact but other than that, the FT% is overstated. People keep bringing it up was if he's shooting 7+ FT's. He doesn't even get the ball enough to get fouled that often.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 06:30 PM
It's overstated because he's not shooting a lot of FT's anyways. The biggest problem is how it affects him getting contact but other than that, the FT% is overstated. People keep bringing it up was if he's shooting 7+ FT's. He doesn't even get the ball enough to get fouled that often.

Yes, but as you say he's avoiding FTs because he knows he sucks at hitting them. When a player knows they are so bad at FTs that it changes the way they play it's a BIG problem.

FlashBolt
02-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Yes, but as you say he's avoiding FTs because he knows he sucks at hitting them. When a player knows they are so bad at FTs that it changes the way they play it's a BIG problem.

Which I've already acknowledged. Where is this going? It's simply overstated because people just type his FT% out when there really isn't any substance in that. He takes 1 FTA per game. He also rarely holds onto the ball so the odds he gets fouled is low to begin with. If he were taking 7 FTA per game, we've be having a different discussion overall but it doesn't seem to be a deal-breaker here. If Lonzo can just hit his threes, there wouldn't be a problem overall. That's the only bad part of his game that is truly worth mentioning.

Scoots
02-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Which I've already acknowledged. Where is this going? It's simply overstated because people just type his FT% out when there really isn't any substance in that. He takes 1 FTA per game. He also rarely holds onto the ball so the odds he gets fouled is low to begin with. If he were taking 7 FTA per game, we've be having a different discussion overall but it doesn't seem to be a deal-breaker here. If Lonzo can just hit his threes, there wouldn't be a problem overall. That's the only bad part of his game that is truly worth mentioning.

Where is this going? In circles. His FT% isn't over-stated because of lack of attempts because you acknowledge that he's avoiding attempts because of his poor FT%.

gogo
02-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Lavar is a con artist and scammer. But most of all, he is a parasite.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Where is this going? In circles. His FT% isn't over-stated because of lack of attempts because you acknowledge that he's avoiding attempts because of his poor FT%.

boom... destroyed. You are correct.

effen5
02-10-2019, 03:12 AM
LaVar said he'll help Lonzo on his free throws but he ain't gon tell him how to do it

I've seen Lavar shoot. He might make it worse.

Tg11
02-10-2019, 08:14 AM
I've seen Lavar shoot. He might make it worse.

Yeah he is essentially trying to ruin his own son

warfelg
02-10-2019, 09:02 AM
I mean Lavars been teaching him so far and we see how thats gone.

Tg11
02-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Which is why Lonzo if he is ever gonna be successful in the NBA he needs to finally grow up and be his own man which means distancing himself from LaVar

IKnowHoops
02-10-2019, 01:13 PM
I always said if Rubio were just a league average shooter/scorer, he would probably make some all NBA teams. Sigh..

Like Rubio, Lonzo also plays very good defense. Lonzo plays better defense than Rubio already.

GREATNESS ONE
02-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Like Rubio, Lonzo also plays very good defense. Lonzo plays better defense than Rubio already.

:nod:

Kyben36
02-10-2019, 07:13 PM
I honestly like Lonzo...... But his father is a PR Nightmare. Its unfortunate because he is a sole cause of lower trade value and many teams likely not wanting anything to do with Lonzo. Lonzo is 100% not the problem from everything i have heard.

Bulls fans had this debate about whether or not he was an issue. but the media eats his fathers garbage up. and while it may be sarcasm or trolling (depending on your point of view) to have a public spokes person basically calling out coaching..... and saying nobody on the team matters except your own son.... and if you draft and add his other sons they will win a championship (because you know they are better than the players you currently have)

Guy is a nutcase. and it would be nice if the media ignored him. but it wont happen. He is like watching a car crash.

Tg11
02-11-2019, 01:21 AM
I honestly like Lonzo...... But his father is a PR Nightmare. Its unfortunate because he is a sole cause of lower trade value and many teams likely not wanting anything to do with Lonzo. Lonzo is 100% not the problem from everything i have heard.

Bulls fans had this debate about whether or not he was an issue. but the media eats his fathers garbage up. and while it may be sarcasm or trolling (depending on your point of view) to have a public spokes person basically calling out coaching..... and saying nobody on the team matters except your own son.... and if you draft and add his other sons they will win a championship (because you know they are better than the players you currently have)

Guy is a nutcase. and it would be nice if the media ignored him. but it wont happen. He is like watching a car crash.

Exactly but Lonzo being so passive just allows it...it is like Lonzo don't have a voice

Tg11
02-11-2019, 09:55 AM
For Lonzo this is how many injuries now in 2 seasons of being in the league?

gogo
02-11-2019, 07:17 PM

It's all part of the tank bruh.

Tg11
02-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Lonzo is not even worth it if he is gonna keep getting injured

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Same as Curry.

GREATNESS ONE
Lonzo is not even worth it if he is gonna keep getting injured

Lonzo > Tv11

GREATNESS ONE
It's all part of the tank bruh.

Duuuuuuuuuuupe!!!!

Ban ban ban ban!!!

Kyben36
02-12-2019, 05:30 AM
Exactly but Lonzo being so passive just allows it...it is like Lonzo don't have a voice

IDK if i agree with that. While Lonzo not standing up to his dad may be an issue. Lonzo coming out and talking about his fathers nonsense does nothing to add to the situation at all either. in fact because of his father it likely makes him look like father like son.

The only thing he can do is privatly tell his father to shut his mouth. The problem is does anyone think even if lonzo ask him to shut up he would.

Rumors were the Lakers basically threatened to trade Lonzo if Lavar didnt keep his mouth shut. that didnt stop him. what makes anyone think Lonzo asking his dad to stop is going to do anything.

Do you really think his sons have not expressed displeasure with their fathers actions. I dont think Lonzo asking stops him. I dont think lonzo speaking out helps either.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2019, 05:42 AM

he really doesnt. my god why cant people look this stuff up... Rubio in his 2nd year shut guys down man to man

That being said a rubio/lonzo comparison isnt bad.

Tg11
02-12-2019, 07:39 AM
IDK if i agree with that. While Lonzo not standing up to his dad may be an issue. Lonzo coming out and talking about his fathers nonsense does nothing to add to the situation at all either. in fact because of his father it likely makes him look like father like son.

The only thing he can do is privatly tell his father to shut his mouth. The problem is does anyone think even if lonzo ask him to shut up he would.

Rumors were the Lakers basically threatened to trade Lonzo if Lavar didnt keep his mouth shut. that didnt stop him. what makes anyone think Lonzo asking his dad to stop is going to do anything.

Do you really think his sons have not expressed displeasure with their fathers actions. I dont think Lonzo asking stops him. I dont think lonzo speaking out helps either.

And that is why it further hurts Zo more than helps him