PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks trade Barnes to Kings

TrueFan420
02-06-2019, 11:58 PM
For Jackson and expiring Randolph

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mavsmoneyball.com/platform/amp/2019/2/6/18214920/nba-trade-deadline-2019-dallas-mavericks-harrison-barnes-sacramento-kings

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 12:17 AM
i cant keep up... this is like christmas for basketball fans lol

Driven
02-07-2019, 12:19 AM

It's not even the day of the trading deadline yet!

JAZZNC
02-07-2019, 12:20 AM
And the Jazz who desperately needed to get somebody to take some pressure off Mitchell can't get **** done while everybody is getting players for a bag of chips and some bellybutton lent.🙄

ewing
02-07-2019, 12:22 AM

I hate the trade deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 01:08 AM
And the Jazz who desperately needed to get somebody to take some pressure off Mitchell can't get **** done while everybody is getting players for a bag of chips and some bellybutton lent.🙄

yea i am pretty shocked that they are not involved in anything it seems... There has been some good players stolen for peanuts.

tucksoe
02-07-2019, 01:22 AM
Gotta give something up for lent

Scoots
02-07-2019, 01:27 AM
I guess that solidifies that the Mavs are tanking this year to try to keep their pick. Players are going to start missing games with "injuries".

Scoots
02-07-2019, 01:28 AM
Gotta give something up for lent

I see what you did there.

gogo
02-07-2019, 01:29 AM
Dat cap money belong to Porzey now.

Redrum187
02-07-2019, 01:32 AM
I guess that solidifies that the Mavs are tanking this year to try to keep their pick. Players are going to start missing games with "injuries".

I think it's the smart thing to do, but I don't know if they are really going to do that. Cuban knows Luka/Porzingis don't like losing... but maybe they understand it's a necessary evil.

I was hoping the Mavericks could flip Barnes for a good younger player, but I don't hate this IF they plan on tanking and keeping their pick. Worst case scenario, they just use the money they save on Khris Middleton (realistically) or one of the premier free agents.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 01:40 AM
I think it's the smart thing to do, but I don't know if they are really going to do that. Cuban knows Luka/Porzingis don't like losing... but maybe they understand it's a necessary evil.

I was hoping the Mavericks could flip Barnes for a good younger player, but I don't hate this IF they plan on tanking and keeping their pick. Worst case scenario, they just use the money they save on Khris Middleton (realistically) or one of the premier free agents.

Porzingas can just not come back this year.

sacgiants1213
02-07-2019, 01:42 AM
Nice to see the Kings "go for it."

Kings needed some size on the wing and this should take some pressure off of Fox + Buddy.

Saddletramp
02-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Porzingas can just not come back this year.

Isnít that why he got pissed at the Knicks? Or at least one of the reasons? But youíre totally right; Iíd shut him down.

Mr.B
02-07-2019, 03:18 AM

Donít be so sure. I believe they will still do their best to win. They want all these traded picks to convey as soon as possible.

Mr.B
02-07-2019, 03:21 AM
Dat cap money belong to Porzey now.

If Porzingis does take the QO the Mavs will have about $30 mil in cap space. Iíd love Middle Tom however I think their target is more likely to be Vucevic. If they can find a taker for Powell before the deadline they could actually target Vucevic and Kris Middleton.

gogo
02-07-2019, 03:47 AM
Porzey ain't stupid. He's signing for the max. Anyone who thinks he's taking the QO is smoking crack.

This is just new age voodoo satanic ritual (moron level lavaresque 'speak it into existence' drivel) saying he's taking the QO. Porzey getting his $150 mil boyeeee.

YAALREADYKNO
02-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Damn he got traded midgame lol

ewing
02-07-2019, 07:22 AM
Isnít that why he got pissed at the Knicks? Or at least one of the reasons? But youíre totally right; Iíd shut him down.

He has already stated he is not coming back

c.c.
02-07-2019, 07:41 AM

They canít tank in Dirk final year

TheDish87
02-07-2019, 09:48 AM
solid deal for the Kings to help bolster the playoff push. Lakers are a mess and dont seem to be landing anyone today so the Kings had to do something. I like seeing the Kings win and make that Celtics pick worse.

Heediot
02-07-2019, 11:27 AM
LMAO at LeBron being upset for Barnes. Barnes knew about the rumors and he just wanted to play. Bron still trying to justify his collusion and manipulation to boot. Requesting a trade is one thing, but putting all the stops to get your boy to your team is another. What a douche. Worried more about posting his instagram 32k milestone vs. comforting his teammates amidst a 42 point blow out and trade rumors.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Yeah lol Lebron was way off the mark on his Barnes rant.

Heediot
02-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Yeah lol Lebron was way off the mark on his Barnes rant.

I'm liking this move for your kings' playoff push this year. Barnes just needs to know his role, like he did with GS and you got a solid 3-d guy (albeit kind of overpaid).

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 11:58 AM

Sure they can, just play Dirk lol

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Sure they can, just play Dirk lol

Show more respect towards greatness your franchise has never sniffed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Chronz
02-07-2019, 03:40 PM

And it's on my bday

zookman65
02-07-2019, 05:25 PM
LMAO at LeBron being upset for Barnes. Barnes knew about the rumors and he just wanted to play. Bron still trying to justify his collusion and manipulation to boot. Requesting a trade is one thing, but putting all the stops to get your boy to your team is another. What a douche. Worried more about posting his instagram 32k milestone vs. comforting his teammates amidst a 42 point blow out and trade rumors.

Did you read the rant and understand the context? He was making the what's good for the goose is good for the gander argument and even said as much when he said "Iím ok with both honestly, truly am. Just call a ♠️ a ♠️!!" He rightfully points out that the general public is always indignant when players want to move but it's just business when a team wants to trade or cut a player. I didnt have a problem with it

zookman65
02-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Of course the can - they have done their best to not be good since 2012

Next year they will begin their rise towards the top of the conference led by Doncic, Porzinga and Vucevic.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Did you read the rant and understand the context? He was making the what's good for the goose is good for the gander argument and even said as much when he said "Iím ok with both honestly, truly am. Just call a ♠️ a ♠️!!" He rightfully points out that the general public is always indignant when players want to move but it's just business when a team wants to trade or cut a player. I didnt have a problem with it

Except it's not the same, and it has nothing to do with loyalty. Players sign a contract, and the terms of that contract say they can be traded unless they have a no trade clause. Players want the financial security of a long deal but they also want to he able to leave whenever they want.

That's BS.

They COULD do exactly what Lebron did and sign 1+1 deals. No one faulted him for it, most everyone thought it was genius. But players are trying to have it both ways. AD didn't have to sign a supermax. But he did, and he should honor the terms of the deal.

zookman65
02-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Except it's not the same, and it has nothing to do with loyalty. Players sign a contract, and the terms of that contract say they can be traded unless they have a no trade clause. Players want the financial security of a long deal but they also want to he able to leave whenever they want.

That's BS.

They COULD do exactly what Lebron did and sign 1+1 deals. No one faulted him for it, most everyone thought it was genius. But players are trying to have it both ways. AD didn't have to sign a supermax. But he did, and he should honor the terms of the deal.

Wait a minute - you are severely twisting the facts. The Brow told NO he didnt plan to re-sign. He didnt say he wouldnt play anymore. That is his right too. Players sign a contract and the contract doesnt say the player cant inform the team before his free agency year that he doesnt plan to re-sign.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 06:04 PM

That's BS.

True, but it's a shame when the guy signs a cheaper deal to stay with certain teammates/fam only to be separated later.

And forcing your way out is a long standing nba tradition. If your organization displays ineptitude, you have a right to force your way out. If you don't honor that, players will have even less respect for the **** organization.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 06:07 PM
True, but it's a shame when the guy signs a cheaper deal to stay with certain teammates/fam only to be separated later.

And forcing your way out is a long standing nba tradition. If your organization displays ineptitude, you have a right to force your way out. If you don't honor that, players will have even less respect for the **** organization.

Definitely on both counts. But that's loyalty, not a legally binding contract. Mavs could have recovered sooner if they cut ties with Dirk years ago. But they're loyal.

zookman65
02-07-2019, 06:08 PM

Kind of like when owners tell their city if you dont buy me a new stadium we are going to take our ball and move it to the next city. Of course most on this site would think it ok because its the owners God given right. Players shut up and play, right?

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 06:09 PM
Wait a minute - you are severely twisting the facts. The Brow told NO he didnt plan to re-sign. He didnt say he wouldnt play anymore. That is his right too. Players sign a contract and the contract doesnt say the player cant inform the team before his free agency year that he doesnt plan to re-sign.

If it's not a trade request then how did New Orleans do ANYTHING WRONG BY NOT TRADING HIM?

How is Lebron's rant even applicable to AD then?

zookman65
02-07-2019, 06:12 PM
If it's not a trade request then how did New Orleans do ANYTHING WRONG BY NOT TRADING HIM?

Nobody said they did. It was their right. This all started with LeBron showing the spade is a spade equivalency. I never said NO did anything wrong nor did LeBron do anything wrong, nor did the Mavs do anything wrong nor did LeBron say the Mavs did anything wrong. He said he was "ok with it on both sides" and its "business"

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Nobody said they did. It was their right. This all started with LeBron showing the spade is a spade equivalency. I never said NO did anything wrong nor did LeBron do anything wrong, nor did the Mavs do anything wrong nor did LeBron say the Mavs did anything wrong. He said he was "ok with it on both sides" and its "business"

If it's not a trade request, then Lebron's rant has nothing to do with AD.

Redrum187
02-07-2019, 06:49 PM
I may have missed the Mavericks wanting to target Vucevic in the offseason. Can someone post a source? I don't know why they would want a 28 year old Vucevic on a max deal.

Heediot
02-07-2019, 07:08 PM

Meh. He's still a clown, yeah I think he's soft and a lot of these guys for wanting the easy way out. They have a right to want to team up, I have a right to call these guys out for being a bunch of pansys.

I know you side with players over the corporation in many stances on these forums, and I'll let you have it with others. I'm not about players vs. owners, I'm about character guys who wants to win without controversy and collusion over guys too enamored with what people think and legacy.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 09:11 PM
I love Barnes as a person, but his game hasn't really developed in 4 years.

Seems like a decent trade for all.

TrueFan420
02-07-2019, 09:28 PM

4? His game hasnít really developed since he was drafted 7 years ago.

zookman65
02-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Meh. He's still a clown, yeah I think he's soft and a lot of these guys for wanting the easy way out. They have a right to want to team up, I have a right to call these guys out for being a bunch of pansys.

I know you side with players over the corporation in many stances on these forums, and I'll let you have it with others. I'm not about players vs. owners, I'm about character guys who wants to win without controversy and collusion over guys too enamored with what people think and legacy.

Yes I will agree that many of the players are soft and over emotional - See KD yesterday. Slightly petulant dont you think?

Scoots
02-07-2019, 09:41 PM
4? His game hasnít really developed since he was drafted 7 years ago.

Nah, he actually learned a reasonable handle, a 3 point shot, a first step, and position defense.

sacgiants1213
02-07-2019, 09:53 PM
I think he'll be good as the 3rd/4th option. Fox should get him a lot of open shots in transition too.

Scoots
02-07-2019, 11:13 PM
I think he'll be good as the 3rd/4th option. Fox should get him a lot of open shots in transition too.

I do too. What happened to Skal? He looked like he could be something not too long ago.

blahblahyoutoo
02-07-2019, 11:54 PM

How is Lebron's rant even applicable to AD then?

lebron is a moron with a mic.

sacgiants1213
02-08-2019, 12:11 AM
I do too. What happened to Skal? He looked like he could be something not too long ago.

Yeah he had some flashes, but I just don't think Kings were happy with his defensive progress.

Mr.B
02-08-2019, 01:03 AM
I may have missed the Mavericks wanting to target Vucevic in the offseason. Can someone post a source? I don't know why they would want a 28 year old Vucevic on a max deal.

Here is a good article on the Mavs and Vucevic from one of the Mavs insiders.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1093670906948476932?s=21

FlashBolt
02-08-2019, 01:12 AM
Here is a good article on the Mavs and Vucevic from one of the Mavs insiders.

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1093670906948476932?s=21

cuban going for an all white team or something

ewing
02-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Did you read the rant and understand the context? He was making the what's good for the goose is good for the gander argument and even said as much when he said "Iím ok with both honestly, truly am. Just call a [emoji3529] a [emoji3529]!!" He rightfully points out that the general public is always indignant when players want to move but it's just business when a team wants to trade or cut a player. I didnt have a problem with it

AD signed a contract to play for the Pelicans. He should shut his mouth and play. If he doesnít have a no trade clause so if he gets traded that business. What him,LeBron, and company is doing is acting like spoiled brats

ewing
02-08-2019, 08:59 AM

There is an implicit understanding that you are going to try and help that team win while under contract. You got it right in your post where you said he should shut up and play

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-08-2019, 10:59 AM

You don't think he developed at all going to Dallas? His usage went way up. I have to think he learned something from that.

I know he's not a star, but he's a solid starter. One thing that is curious though is IDK why his 2 pt FG% is down so much this year. Is he just missing shots in the paint or is he taking more long 2 pointers? I find that 3 point FG% is usually more volatile than 2 pt FG%, but that's not the case for Barnes this year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 11:51 AM

Mr.B
02-08-2019, 01:15 PM
cuban going for an all white team or something

If they can play what difference does it make what color their skin is?

Mr.B
02-08-2019, 01:27 PM

I donít think Luka has ever gone through anything like this where heís had multiple players traded within the same year. This was a pic from his IG account after Wes was traded where he is wearing his headband and clearly wear Wesí shorty set his practice jersey. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190208/cf638811f34bc81048762e53229c5505.jpg

Dundalis
02-11-2019, 06:20 AM
They need rebounding, interior size and shooting. They also need perimeter defense, but getting Vuc would actually be a pretty good insurance policy in case KP has worst case scenario occur and continues to miss a lot of time with health issues. Even when he comes back it's probably pretty likely he's on a minutes restriction for a while. Unless they can get Kawhi or KD (unlikely), it's as good an option as any other especially if you are skeptical about KP's health.

McAllen Tx
02-12-2019, 07:47 AM
I saw this as Cuban purposely helping the Kings to make the playoffs to keep the Lakers out. Of course there's other factors but Cuban literally dumped Barnes. He could've are least gotten a little something from someone else.

MygirlhatesCod
02-12-2019, 09:11 AM
I saw this as Cuban purposely helping the Kings to make the playoffs to keep the Lakers out. Of course there's other factors but Cuban literally dumped Barnes. He could've are least gotten a little something from someone else.

cant see why anyone would give much for barnes. His ability to disappear in games is unmatched. I have watched full games and afterwards ill check the box score and I'm like oh **** Barnes played 37 minutes?!?!

his contract is one of the worst for the money.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Considering the contract for Barnes, I think the Mavs made a smart deal. It's clear at this point that Barnes is nothing more than a solid role player. The Mavs now have some cap space and can go after one of the big FA's to join Doncic and Porzingas. Imagine how good they could be if they land Durant. I have to think Dallas is in play for all the big names at this point.

I understand it from the Kings standpoint too. Not a team that can lure a top FA and it improves them a bit for the playoff stretch. Also, not a huge commitment in terms of years. Who knows what Vlade will do though. He's like a mad genius right now. He has me scratching my head most of the time, but whatever he's doing is working.

Mr.B
02-12-2019, 12:23 PM

The Mavs wanted to take back as little salary as possible. With Barnes making $25 mil next season itís really not likely they could have gotten a better deal. They did have a deal on the table with Charlotte though. I think he chose to trade him to the Kings (instead of Charlotte) in order to do Barnes a solid. The whole team loves Barnes (especially Carlisle) and they wanted to make sure Barnes was traded into a great situation for him.

Scoots
02-13-2019, 02:27 AM
The Mavs wanted to take back as little salary as possible. With Barnes making $25 mil next season itís really not likely they could have gotten a better deal. They did have a deal on the table with Charlotte though. I think he chose to trade him to the Kings (instead of Charlotte) in order to do Barnes a solid. The whole team loves Barnes (especially Carlisle) and they wanted to make sure Barnes was traded into a great situation for him.

Barnes really is a great guy. Super smart, salt of the earth, shirt off his back, guy. Really great. I miss him on the Warriors (other than paying him $25M or KD $25M is a pretty easy decision)