PDA

View Full Version : Did the pelicans set the lakers up?

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Video below... Honestly it really fits and if so the pelicans are geniuses.... now you have lavar going off and kuzma looking like he gives no ****s... I feel like its a ****** thing to do all the way around... I mean I know stuff gets leaked but it seems like every time the lakers made an offer it was instantly leaked and that had to be the pelicans. That is a ****** way to do business.

https://streamable.com/snrly

MygirlhatesCod
02-06-2019, 09:41 PM
The pelicans have never been guilty of being geniuses. This whole AD situation validates that.

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 09:43 PM
The Pels had no incentive to keep quiet about what the Lakers were offering. They could have leaked it simply to drive up other bids. Effing over the Lakers is just icing.

Dade County
02-06-2019, 09:45 PM
N.O has played themselves... AD can have an accident, slip and fall in his bathroom (lol) and get missing all summer and the beginning of Next season.

Try trading that, N.O.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 10:36 PM
I don't think we need yet another thread on this subject.

gogo
02-07-2019, 12:35 AM
Yup. And neither jeannie nor earvin were bright enough to figure it out soon enough. Lake Show going nowhere with those two at the helm. Let's face it, those two are incompetents.

1. Jeannie pressed Magic and Rob to draft lonzo and clown show Lavar ahead of fox and Tatum. Why? For marketing purposes! Talk about a stupid, short sighted strategy!

2. Magic leaks that Jeannie pressed him to draft lonzo not fox or Tatum. Never mind that jeannie claimed she would not interfere with player personnel decisions. And never mind any notion of a united front in tinsel town.

3. The lakers (dumb jeannie) pass on personnel genius Jerry West when the man literally publicly begged for a job.

4. The lakers trade DLo, then throw him under the bus after the fact. DLo leads the Nets to a winning record and an all star bid at the age of 22.

5. The lakers refuse to resign Randle, who goes on to average 20 pts, 9rebs, 21.5 PER in 30mpg on a $9mil per deal.

6. The lakers draft Ingram at #2. He has a PER of 12 in his third season.

7. Lonzo Ball drafted at #2. He has a TS% of 46. His turd in a punch bowl dad makes him untradeable.

8. Josh Hart and Kuzma are draft steals for sure. Comically however, Magic and the org publicly announce they are all in for a Davis deal, throw every young player on their roster into a package deal, thereby completely undermining team morale.

9. Lakers sign a 34 year old Lebron to a max deal, giving them at most, a two year window to win a ring, a prospect which is far fetched at best. Meaning they need to sign a 2nd AND 3rd superstar within ONE YEAR to even contend for the WC championship. They offer all of their prospects to try to do so, and fail. Even if they had succeeded, they would have mortgaged their future for an extremely brief, low probability run.

10. Magic kisses the ring of Lebron, granting him de factor GM powers, signing multiple knucklehead veterans: Beasley, rondo, Stephenson, javale, none of whom can shoot, and all of whom are proven elite tier headcases.

A foundation of Jeannie and Earvin is bound to fail. And we've only just begun.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Its not as much about the lakers though... Everyone has been hard on what lebron and Rich Paul/AD have done and blamed the lakers which i understand but this might be as bad or worse... This wasnt just negotiating... This was playing a franchise and doing trade talks in bad faith and I feel like that is ****ed up considering we all know how volatile the lavar ball situation is and what how kuzma has looked... Ingram is a man who dealt with it and came out playing like a star through this... I do agree magic needed to be much smarter and screwed **** up but i feel like this sets a bad precedent going forward if teams try to trade with other teams they hate.... This was clear as day the pelicans never wanted to trade unless they took everything and then some and never responded to magic who kept bidding against himself and that would have been fine but all along the way the pelicans were laughing and releasing the trade proposals just to **** the lakers with their young core.

Even Steven A today said all owners and agents are in Pelicans GM ears telling him if he does this he will be fired etc etc and this will set a bad precedent going forward all while screwing the lakers... I feel like this is really disturbing from rich/Lebron/AD but even more disturbing for the pelicans... This is bad faith all around and 1 organization toying with another and trying to burn a young core down all in the process.

Again Magic is clearly an idiot and fell for all this and Lebron/AD/Agent have a ton of blame but people are ignoring what the pelicans did as well and what the league is trying to do to the lakers right now... Its a 2 way street in my opinion and there is a ton of blame to go around but we should not have under any circumstance the league/owners coming together getting in the business of the pelicans/Lakers... Its 100 percent throwing stones in a glass house.

gogo
02-07-2019, 01:08 AM
Its not as much about the lakers though... Everyone has been hard on what lebron and Rich Paul/AD have done and blamed the lakers which i understand but this might be as bad or worse... This wasnt just negotiating... This was playing a franchise and doing trade talks in bad faith and I feel like that is ****ed up considering we all know how volatile the lavar ball situation is and what how kuzma has looked... Ingram is a man who dealt with it and came out playing like a star through this... I do agree magic needed to be much smarter and screwed **** up but i feel like this sets a bad precedent going forward if teams try to trade with other teams they hate.... This was clear as day the pelicans never wanted to trade unless they took everything and then some and never responded to magic who kept bidding against himself and that would have been fine but all along the way the pelicans were laughing and releasing the trade proposals just to **** the lakers with their young core.

Even Steven A today said all owners and agents are in Pelicans GM ears telling him if he does this he will be fired etc etc and this will set a bad precedent going forward all while screwing the lakers... I feel like this is really disturbing from rich/Lebron/AD but even more disturbing for the pelicans... This is bad faith all around and 1 organization toying with another and trying to burn a young core down all in the process.

Bad faith lol.

Earvin is a grown *** man. Jeannie is a grown *** woman. If they can't figure out they're being trolled, it's their own fault. They're now the laughing stock of the nba. No one can take them seriously.

Hiring earvin was a boneheaded move. This fool was comparing MCW to Jason Kidd. He was a failure as a coach. He has no front office experience. And now he's being exposed as a goof as Lakers president.

Redrum187
02-07-2019, 02:05 AM

Again Magic is clearly an idiot and fell for all this and Lebron/AD/Agent have a ton of blame but people are ignoring what the pelicans did as well and what the league is trying to do to the lakers right now... Its a 2 way street in my opinion and there is a ton of blame to go around but we should not have under any circumstance the league/owners coming together getting in the business of the pelicans/Lakers... Its 100 percent throwing stones in a glass house.

:laugh: The N.O. are allowed to listen to proposals... that is what they are suppose to do. Good luck proving they never had any intention whatsoever, regardless of what was offered for AD. Maybe they heard everything that was offered and felt Boston would easily match it next offseason. Maybe they would rather try to patch things up with AD (doubtful). Who knows... but you can't put any blame on them for "leaking the trades" or "hearing proposals on bad fair"... lol If it was the other way around, I'd say the same thing. Let the organizations do their thing provided they don't break the rules.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 02:12 AM
:laugh: The N.O. are allowed to listen to proposals... that is what they are suppose to do. Good luck proving they never had any intention whatsoever, regardless of what was offered for AD. Maybe they heard everything that was offered and felt Boston would easily match it next offseason. Maybe they would rather try to patch things up with AD (doubtful). Who knows... but you can't put any blame on them for "leaking the trades" or "hearing proposals on bad fair"... lol If it was the other way around, I'd say the same thing. Let the organizations do their thing provided they don't break the rules.

Its not about them breaking the rules but more so about public perception... The lakers are taking all the blame and everyone including owners and agents are not blaming Lebron/AD or the Agent they are putting this on the lakers and laughing about what is happening and trying to force public image execution and again I have no real issues with what is being said if it were about Lebron and AD and the agent but its not its about the lakers... I think magic is an idiot for this and Lebron and AD get what they deserve but i find is amusing how everyone in the media seems to be blaming the lakers organization for doing something they have no actual proof they did but then do something just as bad that isnt illegal all while the league/pop/agents/pelicans GM comes out like they took the high ground or are correct. Both sides have huge fault and both sides are wrong but only 1 side is really getting bashed.

Pop/Agents/The league all seem to be telling the pelicans agent to no do a trade just because its the lakers and because they think Lebron and AD broke rules they have no proof of.... These people are basically in this GMs ear telling them to screw the lakers while being cheered because of the team and the player on the lakers and not because there is any proof... That seems really legit. Remember this is not like the cp3 crap... the lakers arent low balling here they are offering everything they have all while they get toyed with just because of an assumption that the agent/AD/Lebron/lakers did something many other players including the warriors have done.

Why is it alright for for coaches/the league/agents/gms to be in the ear trying to force this GMs hand to screw over a team because of an assumption that the lakers/AD/Lebron put this together yet the lakers are the only ones getting the backlash when for all we know magic/lakers could have nothing to do with this.

Redrum187
02-07-2019, 02:19 AM
Its not about them breaking the rules but more so about public perception... The lakers are taking all the blame and everyone including owners and agents are not blaming Lebron/AD or the Agent they are putting this on the lakers and laughing about what is happening and trying to force public image execution and again I have no real issues with what is being said if it were about Lebron and AD and the agent but its not its about the lakers... I think magic is an idiot for this and Lebron and AD get what they deserve but i find is amusing how everyone in the media seems to be blaming the lakers organization for doing something they have no actual proof they did but then do something just as bad that isnt illegal all while the league/pop/agents/pelicans GM comes out like they took the high ground or are correct. Both sides have huge fault and both sides are wrong but only 1 side is really getting bashed.

Pop/Agents/The league all seem to be telling the pelicans agent to no do a trade just because its the lakers and because they think Lebron and AD broken rules they have no proof of.... These people are basically in this GMs ear telling them to screw the lakers while being cheered because of the team and the player on the lakers and not because there is any proof... That seems really legit.

It's sort of poetic justice that LeBron/AD/their agent/Lakers tried to muscle/leverage their way to a trade but instead, N.O. is willing to let the entire ship sink before dealing. Is it smart on their part? That's debatable. Is it funny? Yes... Do the Lakers/LeBron deserve it? Absolutely. I'll equate it to a big fat kid bullying a smaller kid but the smaller kick throat punches him. Sorry, I'll give the fat kid a piece of cake, but I won't feel bad he got throat punched.

I'm not a N.O. fan so I have no skin in the game, however, I respect them more for this to be quite honest. I think players are trying to diva their way wherever they want to go and it's about damn time organizations punch them in the mouth or "whip them" in shape (LeBron likes to reference the players as "slaves" :rolleyes:).

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 02:22 AM
It's sort of poetic justice that LeBron/AD/their agent/Lakers tried to muscle/leverage their way to a trade but instead, N.O. is willing to let the entire ship sink before dealing. Is it smart on their part? That's debatable. Is it funny? Yes... Do the Lakers/LeBron deserve it? Absolutely.

I'm not a N.O. fan so I have no skin in the game, however, I respect them more for this to be quite honest. I think players are trying to diva their way wherever they want to go and it's about damn time organizations punch them in the mouth or "whip them" in shape (LeBron likes to reference the players as "slaves" :rolleyes:).

I dont disagree with some of this but I do feel like this could be mostly Lebron/AD/Agent and the lakers are suffering because of them and I dont think that is deserved but to each their own... I 100 percent do agree that the players trying to form super teams is ******** but i feel its a bit ****ed that these coaches/Gms only like to make a statement when it has to do with the lakers and i 100 percent feel like that is wrong.

gogo
02-07-2019, 02:39 AM
NO was smart enough to do the following:

1. expose jeannie, earvin, pelinka, Lebron and their own in house treacherous snake Davis all look like fools.

2. completely undermine any sense of camaraderie between vets and young players on the lakers' roster.

In just a couple of days' time they've managed to completely demoralize the most decorated and wealthiest franchise in the W.C.

Do any of the Buss clan have their own children? The vultures are surely circling.

gogo
02-07-2019, 02:40 AM
I dont disagree with some of this but I do feel like this could be mostly Lebron/AD/Agent and the lakers are suffering because of them and I dont think that is deserved but to each their own... I 100 percent do agree that the players trying to form super teams is ******** but i feel its a bit ****ed that these coaches/Gms only like to make a statement when it has to do with the lakers and i 100 percent feel like that is wrong.

It's only "wrong" because jeannie and earvin didn't have the requisite IQ to figure out what was going on. Why do you believe it was NO's obligation to make the Lakers look good.

Idiocracy.

lakers squad
02-07-2019, 03:11 AM
Bad faith lol.

Earvin is a grown *** man. Jeannie is a grown *** woman. If they can't figure out they're being trolled, it's their own fault. They're now the laughing stock of the nba. No one can take them seriously.

Hiring earvin was a boneheaded move. This fool was comparing MCW to Jason Kidd. He was a failure as a coach. He has no front office experience. And now he's being exposed as a goof as Lakers president.

Magic wouldn't have offered all that if LBJ wasn't pushing him too. I think we all knew Magic was probably getting played from the start, but you need to put your hate for Magic and the Lakers to the side for a second and realize that this kind of stuff is not good for the game we Love!The Lakers will be fine moving forward, but will the NBA if this becomes the new Norm? I don't think that's something that anyone wants to see! I don't care for how clutch sports and LBJ operate either, and I wouldn't care if the Lakers traded him tomorrow because of it! This level of cutthroat crap is not how team's,players,agents,Gm's, and franchise's should be allowed to operate! I know it's always been a cutthroat buisness to a degree, but everyone at least showed a little respect for each other! this **** is really starting to get out of control, The NBA needs to get its act together, and clean all this crap up some!

nastynice
02-07-2019, 03:31 AM
Video below... Honestly it really fits and if so the pelicans are geniuses.... now you have lavar going off and kuzma looking like he gives no ****s... I feel like its a ****** thing to do all the way around... I mean I know stuff gets leaked but it seems like every time the lakers made an offer it was instantly leaked and that had to be the pelicans. That is a ****** way to do business.

https://streamable.com/snrly

I don't think you can blame the pels for anything. LeBron is always willing to trade his teammates, he was even tryina see what baiting kyrie in Cleveland would bring, his and his teams approach just bit them in the ***. It's honestly nothing more than that

This is the LeBron effect and it just got exposed

gogo
02-07-2019, 03:45 AM
Magic wouldn't have offered all that if LBJ wasn't pushing him too. I think we all knew Magic was probably getting played from the start, but you need to put your hate for Magic and the Lakers to the side for a second and realize that this kind of stuff is not good for the game we Love!The Lakers will be fine moving forward, but will the NBA if this becomes the new Norm? I don't think that's something that anyone wants to see! I don't care for how clutch sports and LBJ operate either, and I wouldn't care if the Lakers traded him tomorrow because of it! This level of cutthroat crap is not how team's,players,agents,Gm's, and franchise's should be allowed to operate! I know it's always been a cutthroat buisness to a degree, but everyone at least showed a little respect for each other! this **** is really starting to get out of control, The NBA needs to get its act together, and clean all this crap up some!

This has been a great day for a variety of reasons.

First of all, NO did nothing wrong. They trolled earvin, jeannie, Lebron, Rich Paul, and their own in-house ssssssssssnake, Davis. But why? Because AD the snake, Rich Paul and Lebron tried to troll NO. Tit for tat. No more, no less.

It's actually great for the game because if a player or group attempt to force a trade, it won't work.

Second, the lakers will not be fine moving forward. They're barely at .500 in 10th place in the west. Lebron is unhappy with "his" young roster. His attempts at tampering have failed. Jeannie is short-sighted and dumb. Earvin is both inexperienced and incompetent. None of the young players are plus/impact players. Lebron is at the end of his prime.

Third, neither Davis, nor Lebron, nor Paul, showed any 'respect' for Davis' contractual obligation to play for NO. So to ask much less demand respect in return is lunacy. All NO did was expose the lakers for what they really are. A bunch of egomaniacs with no regard for the rules or any sense of fair play. Egomania and incompetence is a toxic mix.

tl, dr: LAL is a laughingstock. Jeannie and Earvin aren't getting smarter. Lebron's not getting any younger. And Lance, Javale, Beasley nor Rondo are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The lakers are the new clippers.

lakers squad
02-07-2019, 04:47 AM
@ dodo Your obviously not a rational fan, your hate blinds you! No sense in trying to be logical with you! 😆

Tg11
02-07-2019, 06:08 AM
This has been a great day for a variety of reasons.

First of all, NO did nothing wrong. They trolled earvin, jeannie, Lebron, Rich Paul, and their own in-house ssssssssssnake, Davis. But why? Because AD the snake, Rich Paul and Lebron tried to troll NO. Tit for tat. No more, no less.

It's actually great for the game because if a player or group attempt to force a trade, it won't work.

Second, the lakers will not be fine moving forward. They're barely at .500 in 10th place in the west. Lebron is unhappy with "his" young roster. His attempts at tampering have failed. Jeannie is short-sighted and dumb. Earvin is both inexperienced and incompetent. None of the young players are plus/impact players. Lebron is at the end of his prime.

Third, neither Davis, nor Lebron, nor Paul, showed any 'respect' for Davis' contractual obligation to play for NO. So to ask much less demand respect in return is lunacy. All NO did was expose the lakers for what they really are. A bunch of egomaniacs with no regard for the rules or any sense of fair play. Egomania and incompetence is a toxic mix.

tl, dr: LAL is a laughingstock. Jeannie and Earvin aren't getting smarter. Lebron's not getting any younger. And Lance, Javale, Beasley nor Rondo are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The lakers are the new clippers.

To think if they had kept their same core of Randle, Russell and then you could have drafted Tatum or Fox depending but not draft Ingram and Lonzo then who knows how good the Lakers would be right now

nastynice
02-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Ingrams pretty sick tho, can't hate on that guy

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 08:13 AM
(Standing ovation)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

lakerfan85
02-07-2019, 08:24 AM
The Lakers ****ed themselves when they signed Lebron.. His agent is an idiot..

MygirlhatesCod
02-07-2019, 09:01 AM
The Lakers ****ed themselves when they signed Lebron.. His agent is an idiot..

How quickly they turn......haha

SiteWolf
02-07-2019, 09:05 AM
and yet LeBron is *****ing about how trades happen when it's not the player asking for one

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 12:55 PM
NBC sports reports that the Lakers are the ones that leaked their offer details, to avoid suggestions that they lowballed their offer and weren't committed to making a deal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-pelicans-tried-sabotage-lakers-160034278.html

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 01:11 PM
NBC sports reports that the Lakers are the ones that leaked their offer details, to avoid suggestions that they lowballed their offer and weren't committed to making a deal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-pelicans-tried-sabotage-lakers-160034278.html

Lmao at Lakers trying to get ahead of their mess now.

"Nah they didn't embarrass us, we embarrassed ourselves" haha

We ain't even at deadline yet lol.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 01:19 PM
Remember when kobe had to tell his guys to put on their big boy pants when the Lakers lost cp3. Hopefully Lakers don't have any crack heads on the squad that will crumble

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 01:20 PM
I think everybody is trying to avoid saying "actually, the Lakers sabotaged themselves"

Things not looking good for Magic.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 01:21 PM
and yet LeBron is *****ing about how trades happen when it's not the player asking for one

He's asking for consistency. Lol yall making a big deal about bron trying to improve the Lakers

kdspurman
02-07-2019, 01:35 PM
He's asking for consistency. Lol yall making a big deal about bron trying to improve the Lakers

probably because he hand picked guys to sign, (they're being shopped now) after he said when signing he knew he had to be patient with the process :shrug:

Rad_Racing
02-07-2019, 01:58 PM
One thing I'm taking from this whole thing is that LeBron and Klutch Sports are clowns. Teams around the NBA Beware. Probably shouldn't give up much for Anthony Davis then.

Heediot
02-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Pel's didn't sabotage the Lakers. Put yourself in their (NO) position and you wouldn't have been surprised the Lakers were getting spurned. Klutch tried as best as they can to manipulate the situation and pull a fast one, but Pel's decided not to cave and or be dictated by.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 02:20 PM
probably because he hand picked guys to sign, (they're being shopped now) after he said when signing he knew he had to be patient with the process :shrug:

You mean before a generational talent went on the market? Lmfao. Yall really reaching

Heediot
02-07-2019, 02:26 PM
You mean before a generational talent went on the market? Lmfao. Yall really reaching

You trust that goof? He's an extreme opportunist that was use any scenario for self benefit legacy wise and image wise. I personally feel they had steps lined up ahead when AD signed with Klutch, they just wanted to time things to LeBron's benefit.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Either way AD is not going to the Lakers

Chronz
02-07-2019, 02:40 PM
You trust that goof? He's an extreme opportunist that was use any scenario for self benefit legacy wise and image wise. I personally feel they had steps lined up ahead when AD signed with Klutch, they just wanted to time things to LeBron's benefit.
Why wouldn't i?
Aka. Making his team better if they pull it off. If they don't, they find out whos a ***** and whos got the dawg in him. I also don't buy the notion that bron is pulling all the strings.

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 02:49 PM
This ish reminds me of the decision when Bron and his best friend thought they were doing something brilliant and it just blew up in their face, and they had no idea how to handle it.

Lakers fans even turning on him now lol

Heediot
02-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Why wouldn't i?
Aka. Making his team better if they pull it off. If they don't, they find out whos a ***** and whos got the dawg in him. I also don't buy the notion that bron is pulling all the strings.

You are entitled to that. I can smell a bich *** sucka from a mile away. He's a legend on the court and I respect that aspect. He's still a snake *** foo.

kdspurman
02-07-2019, 03:03 PM

You can't be that naive in thinking that **** wasn't planned lol

Bron said he would be patient, & now he's gotta be patient with teammates he was trying to ship out. Good on the Pels for not caving

Tg11
02-07-2019, 03:19 PM

Bron said he would be patient, & now he's gotta be patient with teammates he was trying to ship out. Good on the Pels for not caving

I love it because what is Bron gonna do now

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 03:28 PM
I love it because what is Bron gonna do now

Going to have to wait until the off season.

I don't even think Lakers will make playoffs , I think the whole roster quits on the team now.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 03:38 PM

They reportedly didn't offer the kids for kawhi, hence why they made it public this go around.

Well find out if it was good on them, lots of dominoes yet to fall and they've pissed off their franchise guy, not a good look for players around the league.

I know you guys love rumors but I need proof, not assumptions.

kdspurman
02-07-2019, 04:20 PM
They reportedly didn't offer the kids for kawhi, hence why they made it public this go around.

Well find out if it was good on them, lots of dominoes yet to fall and they've pissed off their franchise guy, not a good look for players around the league.

I know you guys love rumors but I need proof, not assumptions.

Pop/RC probly weren't going to do that regardless with them anyway. I'm sure they knew that.

And AD doesn't seem pissed off, he's still supporting his teammates from the bench/taking them out to dinner and wants to play if healthy. His agent is probably the one who's pissed

kdspurman
02-07-2019, 04:21 PM

Lil Rhody
02-07-2019, 07:15 PM
The whole league set up LeBron. They sick of his demanding ***

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chronz
02-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Pop/RC probly weren't going to do that regardless with them anyway. I'm sure they knew that.

And AD doesn't seem pissed off, he's still supporting his teammates from the bench/taking them out to dinner and wants to play if healthy. His agent is probably the one who's pissed
Lakers sent a deal, they didn't bend over backwards is the point.

AD ain't gonna hate his dudes man, lol what kind of critique is that. Everyone just knows he's not committed, plenty of stars have forced their way out with a multitude of methods, you have no point there. If the Pels don't let him play they'll definitely look even worse. I think its smart on ADs side to play, try to get as many wins as possible to reduce their odds in the lotto, while boosting your stats. The ultimate gentleman's **** you.

gogo
02-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Davis won't play. He's injured, he's forcing himself out, plus NO wants a nice lottery pick out of this. AD is doing the org a favor, not that it matters since they suck anyway.