PDA

View Full Version : Wizards trade Porter for Parker and Portis

j-bay
02-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Nice trade for the Wizards

dhopisthename
02-06-2019, 08:48 PM
I must say as a jazz fan I am kinda shocked thats all it took. I thought the Jazz could have done something similar and added something like even a second

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Heat need to offer Dragic Bam and JRich for Beal.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 08:50 PM
I don't understand why the Bulls would make this trade. Wizards just completed a hail mary. Two expiring contracts and they got rid of Porter's overpaid contract.

Chronz
02-06-2019, 08:53 PM
That's an overpay, you want to at least dump a contract.

j-bay
02-06-2019, 08:56 PM

And that Miami first. I at least want Richardson and that 1st.

sacgiants1213
02-06-2019, 08:57 PM
I must say as a jazz fan I am kinda shocked thats all it took. I thought the Jazz could have done something similar and added something like even a second

As a Kings fan I'm thinking the exact same.

j-bay
I don't understand why the Bulls would make this trade. Wizards just completed a hail mary. Two expiring contracts and they got rid of Porter's overpaid contract.

And without getting rid of any picks. Is it too much to ask for a 2nd rounder?

More-Than-Most
wow i love this deal for the wizards... wtf are the bulls thinking? This is really not good

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 09:00 PM
That's an overpay, you want to at least dump a contract.

Sarcasm or being serious?

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 09:03 PM
And that Miami first. I at least want Richardson and that 1st.

If thatís what it takes I wouldnít be mad. Iíd like to dump a contract if you all are blowing it up though.
T

j-bay
02-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Turns out we are still over the tax. Don't know how to feel about the trade now. Still over and not really anything valuable.

lakers squad
02-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Why did the bull's do this?

pebloemer
02-06-2019, 09:14 PM
He's obviously overpaid, but as a player, I like Otto Porter. I wonder if they flip him down the line when their are less years on that deal.

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Porter's having a down shooting year, but I would 100% take him over those two, ignoring contracts.

They're 9-9 since Wall went down. If they continue to play .500 ball the rest of the way, they'll be at 36-37 wins. I'll take the under.

ugottabjoshinme
02-06-2019, 09:59 PM
I don't even hate it for the Bulls. They weren't going to get anybody better in free agency and they gave up a guy they don't want to resign and Parker who would have been a buyout candidate if he didn't get delt.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

AI
02-06-2019, 10:06 PM
PG Kris Dunn
SG Zach Lavine
SF Otto Porter Jr.
PF Lauri Markkanen
C Wendell Carter Jr.

Probably a top 5 pick in this years draft. Bulls are set up pretty well going forward.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 10:12 PM
Porter's having a down shooting year, but I would 100% take him over those two, ignoring contracts.

They're 9-9 since Wall went down. If they continue to play .500 ball the rest of the way, they'll be at 36-37 wins. I'll take the under.

I dont disagree with any of this I just would never touch the contract... Ever

j-bay
02-06-2019, 10:54 PM
@CandaceDBuckner
The #Wizards have inquired about Memphis all-stars PG Mike Conley and C Marc Gasol, I'm hearing.

But Charlotte is at the front on Gasol.

OMG this is why i became a full time Celtic fan. Fire him Ted!

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 10:59 PM
@CandaceDBuckner
The #Wizards have inquired about Memphis all-stars PG Mike Conley and C Marc Gasol, I'm hearing.

But Charlotte is at the front on Gasol.

OMG this is why i became a full time Celtic fan. Fire him Ted!

:laugh:

j-bay
02-06-2019, 11:00 PM
:laugh:

He's trying to save his ***. If we got to go through another rebuild with Ernie....

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 11:13 PM
Iím hearing Miami is talking to Washington about Beal now. I hope they can get it done, I would love him.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 11:17 PM
Bulls can't even tank right

j-bay
02-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Iím hearing Miami is talking to Washington about Beal now. I hope they can get it done, I would love him.

Source? Not that i don't believe you, but i don't see anything. If Beal is avaliable there will be a bidding war.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 11:32 PM
Source? Not that i don't believe you, but i don't see anything. If Beal is avaliable there will be a bidding war.

that's gonna be one short *** bidding war though

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Multiple teams are trying I guess weíll see what happens. Not a lot of time left but things started heating up after Porter Jr was traded. Miami should make anyone available. Beal is 25 and speaks highly of the Heat and wears 3 becusee of Wade. Letís bring him here and make him a long term piece as he continues to improve and climb up the NBA ranks.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Letís see if we hear anything now that the games over.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 12:32 AM
Well itís not looking good. Everyone was probably trying to low ball. Canít blame Washington though heís a great future piece and continues to get better.

I think next year could be the year heís available.

THE MTL
02-07-2019, 12:50 AM
I thought Bulls were tanking

Redrum187
02-07-2019, 01:50 AM
The Mavericks should have tried to do a Barnes + 2 future 1sts for Beal.

Beal/Luka/Porzingis :(

Tg11
02-07-2019, 05:53 AM
Porter to the Bulls...bad move really bad because what they should do is instead of keep him you flip him

Stunner
02-07-2019, 10:44 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819666-gra...ine#slide4

The Trade

Washington Wizards Receive: Jabari Parker, Bobby Portis, 2023 second-round pick

Chicago Bulls Receive: Otto Porter Jr.

Grades

Wizards: C

Seriously? This is all you can get for a player of Otto Porter Jr.'s ilk?

Sure, the Wizards get out from under some long-term money, which is vital when they're on the hook for $170 million over the next four years for just post-Achilles-rupture John Wall. But Porter is still a solid talent who fits perfectly into so many modern schemes with his off-ball prowess. Surely something better had to be out there, even if finding it required waiting until the offseason.

During an admittedly down season, he's continuing to function as a deadly spot-up shooter who's knocking down 37.8 percent of his catch-and-shoot triples. That's a far cry from last year's numbers (44.4 percent on 3.5 attempts per game), but the regression is understandable when he's been operating for a team in flux that features changing bodies at the 1.

Porter isn't a star, and he may even be a bit overpaid. But the Wizards still aren't getting anything for him other than two post-hype fliers who are basically on expiring contracts. Parker could potentially be picked up for a $20 million team option next year (highly unlikely), while Portis (restricted) really will hit the open market this summer.

Normally, that's a good thing. But is it really a huge benefit for a team still saddled with $89.2 million in expenditures to Wall, Bradley Beal, Ian Mahinmi, Dwight Howard and Troy Brown Jr. for 2018-19? What good does that extra cap space do for a team already paying out a ton of money and featuring a rotation devoid of players in their prime?

Perhaps it gives Washington a chance to escape the luxury tax even while extending Thomas Bryant and Tomas Satoransky. But don't get too excited unless you truly believe those are players around whom you can build a championship roster.

Bulls: A

The bad news: Porter is owed $27.3 million in 2019-20, then he has a player option for $28.5 million during the following season.

Aaaaand...that's about it.

Everything else is positive here, and the Bulls can afford to absorb an elevated salary for a high-end role player because so many of their key pieces are on cheap, rookie-scale contracts.

Porter's off-ball acumen should help him mesh perfectly with Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen, all of whom need the rock in order to maximize their skill sets. He plays defense, which helps make up for the defensive liabilities/projects taking the floor on a regular basis. He's willing to do the little thingsóalways an important trait for a glue guy on an up-and-coming roster.

Maybe he makes the pursuit of top odds in the Zion Williamson sweepstakes a bit tougher, but that's a price Chicago should be willing to pay right now. Landing a player of Porter's caliber is hard, particularly when you're offering nothing more than two expiring contracts and a second-round pick conveyed years into the future.

gtr357
02-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Wiz takn care of biz😎😂. Good trade I think. Chicago have good roster they got nice players and young too. Wizards did good Parker and Portis underrated players. The last few spots for playoffs are still up in air in eastern conference. Wizards still got a shot to be there. A few wins here and there coupled with a few loses by other teams ahead of them and then all of a sudden wiz back in biz😎. Howevr u could also see it the other way around.

Stunner
02-07-2019, 12:02 PM
https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/status/1093535699373051904?s=21

ewing
02-07-2019, 12:46 PM
What's up with Portis? I always liked him