PDA

View Full Version : Woj Bomb: Bucks/Pistons Agree to trade Stanley Johnson for Thon Maker

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 12:37 PM
PSD needs more views so this is for you, PSD.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Following Following @wojespn
More
Pistons are finalizing a trade to send Stanley Johnson to Milwaukee for Thon Maker, league source tells ESPN.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Okay Thon Maker going to Detroit is not exactly big news...at least it ain't to me but Maker is basically going to ride bench anyway

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:39 PM
What the hell are the pistons doing lol? The must be selling or have other moves lined up.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Okay Thon Maker going to Detroit is not exactly big news...at least it ain't to me but Maker is basically going to ride bench anyway

You're killing PSD's vibe. They need all da viewz possible. I'm just doing my part.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Huge.

This changes the scope of the entire league.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 12:42 PM
So yuge. Biggest deal and it was done quickly, I tell ya.

c.c.
02-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Crowded front court

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Blockbuster? This so tiny of a trade it should of been tossed in the news section with the other tiny junk trades. Maker wanted minutes. Will he get any behind Drummond? He was crying to get minutes behind Lopez and Lopez doesn't play as many minutes as Drummond I bet. Haven't paid much attention to Johnson. Is he a good shooter? Can he defend?

aman_13
02-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Wow

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Blockbuster? This so tiny of a trade it should of been tossed in the news section with the other tiny junk trades. Maker wanted minutes. Will he get any behind Drummond? He was crying to get minutes behind Lopez and Lopez doesn't play as many minutes as Drummond I bet. Haven't paid much attention to Johnson. Is he a good shooter? Can he defend?

Pistons fans were very high on him because he was doing a decent job defending LeBron and was a youngling with some hype. Those days are over. Four years in the league and still inconsistent at scoring, playmaking, and shooting the ball. You're getting someone who has grit but that's pretty much it. Seems like it's a trade that could potentially benefit both of these players who have been thus far, underwhelming.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Maker is gonna be coming off the bench with Drummond being starting 5 and or if they put Maker at the 4 position he's gonna be on the bench in favor of Blake so there's that

aman_13
Jokes aside, the kid can defend. He will help them. The Bucks to me are the favorites at the moment to get out of the East. The Sixers are right there as well and i'm not sleeping on Boston. The Raptors, we'll see. I would like to see them make a move for Mirotic.

Giannis94
Pistons fans were very high on him because he was doing a decent job defending LeBron and was a youngling with some hype. Those days are over. Four years in the league and still inconsistent at scoring, playmaking, and shooting the ball. You're getting someone who has grit but that's pretty much it. Seems like it's a trade that could potentially benefit both of these players who have been thus far, underwhelming.

Everyone said the same thing about Brandon jennings.

Who'd we get in that deal? A player htat struggled to get minutes and will be a $100m man in the off-season

Htownballa1622
02-06-2019, 12:52 PM
You make me hate the bucks.

Don't make me hate the bucks.

GiantsSwaGG
02-06-2019, 12:53 PM
This might be the greatest trade in history. Stan Johnson will lead the Bucks to a NBA title great trade

FlashBolt
Jokes aside, the kid can defend. He will help them. The Bucks to me are the favorites at the moment to get out of the East. The Sixers are right there as well and i'm not sleeping on Boston. The Raptors, we'll see. I would like to see them make a move for Mirotic.

Man, I would do anything to get Mirotic right now. He would fit beautifully with our roster.

FlashBolt
Everyone said the same thing about Brandon jennings.

Who'd we get in that deal? A player htat struggled to get minutes and will be a $100m man in the off-season

Wait, are you trying to defend Thon Maker here? He sucks, man.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Wait, are you trying to defend Thon Maker here? He sucks, man.

No. Stanley Johnson. Last time we got a SF from detroit in a buy low deal was Khris middleton

aman_13
02-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Man, I would do anything to get Mirotic right now. He would fit beautifully with our roster.

I think a lot of teams look at him that way. He will be an expensive target but he's expiring, so we'll see.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:55 PM
You make me hate the bucks.

Don't make me hate the bucks.

I know right

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Looks like Bucks are throwing in the towel.

Bids on Giannis?

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 01:06 PM
No. Stanley Johnson. Last time we got a SF from detroit in a buy low deal was Khris middleton

Hardly the same. KM wasn't playing for the Pistons the entire season and was traded the next season after only playing under 30 games. There wasn't enough data to judge KM's game. Stanley's been in the league nearing four years already. You already know what you're getting from him. Maybe it changes but four years of bad play is enough evidence to work on.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 01:16 PM
guys like stanley johnson and josh jackson would've been something else in earlier periods. mkg too. it's just their lack of shooting is exposing them on offense.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Good defender and lousy shooter. meh. Also RFA this summer so we'll let him walk. I would of rather got a second round pick for Maker and open a roster spot for a buyout.

Blink
02-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Good defender and lousy shooter. meh. Also RFA this summer so we'll let him walk. I would of rather got a second round pick for Maker and open a roster spot for a buyout.

Same for us in Detroit lol

Scoots
02-06-2019, 01:31 PM
I have the best trades. Yuge!

Scoots
02-06-2019, 01:34 PM

Who is "our"? I've lost track. You said you were a LeBron fan, so does "our" mean you and LeBron? Or are you talking about the OKC Sonics?

I think Mirotic would fit on pretty much any roster in the NBA ... except maybe wherever Portis ends up.

mark1125
02-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Eh.....it's a bust for a bust. Maybe each team is hoping that a change in environment helps. Stanly Johnson should be OK if a team KNOWS HIS ROLE. Pistons drafted him to be a all around player and he is not. Put him out there for some defensive play but don't expect much on offense. Maker.....not sure how he fits into the Piston lineup. If he wasn't happy with PT in Milwaukee, then he probably won't be thrilled playing behind Drummond/Griffin.

I don't like it or dislike for either team. At the end of the day, it probably ends up a transaction that will be forgotten quickly.

ewing
02-06-2019, 01:37 PM
guys like stanley johnson and josh jackson would've been something else in earlier periods. mkg too. it's just their lack of shooting is exposing them on offense.

Yeah Im a fan of all those guys

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Hardly the same. KM wasn't playing for the Pistons the entire season and was traded the next season after only playing under 30 games. There wasn't enough data to judge KM's game. Stanley's been in the league nearing four years already. You already know what you're getting from him. Maybe it changes but four years of bad play is enough evidence to work on.

But Detroit been putrid for a while now. Bud might get a little something out of Johnson. If not let him walk as a RFA next summer and save a little cap.

gtr357
02-06-2019, 02:00 PM
As a former d. Town thug 😂😎 this trade is good for both. It provides change of scenery for both. For bucks it gives depth for playoffs. For Detroit maker and Drummond are a pretty good duo. I think this might even be a setup for a Blake Griffin trade. The stones are coming back babyyyy🤣🤣🤣🤣. Not really. But the red white and blue have a good future. Command out 😎😎😎😂😁.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
As a former d. Town thug 😂😎 this trade is good for both. It provides change of scenery for both. For bucks it gives depth for playoffs. For Detroit maker and Drummond are a pretty good duo. I think this might even be a setup for a Blake Griffin trade. The stones are coming back babyyyy🤣🤣🤣🤣. Not really. But the red white and blue have a good future. Command out 😎😎😎😂😁.

I'll take BG on the Raptors for OG, Val, FVV and maybe a pick. I think he'd help a tonne offensively and outs them over. Raptors already have elite defense, although they are losing a nice defender in the trade too.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Who is "our"? I've lost track. You said you were a LeBron fan, so does "our" mean you and LeBron? Or are you talking about the OKC Sonics?

I think Mirotic would fit on pretty much any roster in the NBA ... except maybe wherever Portis ends up.

Nice try but it's not funny.

Rivera
02-06-2019, 02:10 PM
about time they got Malcom Brogdon some help. Dude has been carrying the team

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Bucks must have a follow up trade. To much of a log jam at back up SG/SF/PF now.

Bledsoe,Brogdon,Hill,DDV
Brogdon,Hill,Snell,Brown,PatC,DDV,Johnson
Middleton,Snell,Wilson,Brown,PatC,Johnson
Giannis,Wilson,Ersan,Wood,Brown,Johnson
Lopez,Giannis,Ersan,Wood,Smith

2 way contracts SG Morris and SF Colston.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 02:20 PM
about time they got Malcom Brogdon some help. Dude has been carrying the team

Yeah I'd be sad if we chose middleton over him via FA relative to the $$ they'll make.

I wouldn't mind a middleton trade. I dont want a long-term extension with him for the max. Rather take our chancs on Kawhi, Klay, Jimmy buckets, KD, or AD

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:24 PM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Buckalis probably doing cartwheels reading that tweet. hahahahahah

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Buckalis probably doing cartwheels reading that tweet. hahahahahah

what happened to him? Mod crew get him once and for all?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:47 PM
what happened to him? Mod crew get him once and for all?

Banned or perma banned. I posted PSD link with Bucks board link and I got almost 50 guests lurking. Tomorrow i'll get it to 300 or 400 easy. Other's should do the same for their teams and maybe get a few new posters here. PSD needs new blood badly.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Nice try but it's not funny.

Which part? Really, what team is "your" team these days?

And I really do think Mirotic would fit on any team.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Which part? Really, what team is "your" team these days?

And I really do think Mirotic would fit on any team.

So you really don't think I'm an OKC fan, huh? Either that or your lame attempt of a joke is as lame as it gets.

LeBron fan = I support the team he's a part of.
NYK fan because everyone benefits in NY when the Knicks do well. You have no idea how many Knicks fans in NYC literally don't talk about the Knicks because they are ashamed of them. When Jeremy Lin was creating a buzz here, everyone from the train to restaurant were talking about him.
OKC fan because we're the "Seattle" team replacement.

It's likely you just used it as a joke. Fine by me. Just don't act stupid.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 03:13 PM
So you really don't think I'm an OKC fan, huh? Either that or your lame attempt of a joke is as lame as it gets.

LeBron fan = I support the team he's a part of.
NYK fan because everyone benefits in NY when the Knicks do well. You have no idea how many Knicks fans in NYC literally don't talk about the Knicks because they are ashamed of them. When Jeremy Lin was creating a buzz here, everyone from the train to restaurant were talking about him.
OKC fan because we're the "Seattle" team replacement.

It's likely you just used it as a joke. Fine by me. Just don't act stupid.

I honestly don't know if you were talking about Mirotic for the Lakers or the Thunder. And this reply to my question doesn't really clear it up.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 03:16 PM
I honestly don't know if you were talking about Mirotic for the Lakers or the Thunder. And this reply to my question doesn't really clear it up.

Good for you.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 03:29 PM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Scoots
02-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Good for you.

So ... which team?

Does anyone else know?

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 08:29 PM

the editing could make me look like MJ too..

JAZZNC
02-06-2019, 08:35 PM
the editing could make me look like MJ too..

Yeah, I got a highlight tape that made me look like the next Stockton.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 09:11 PM
PSD needs more views so this is for you, PSD.

why are you not mad?you had thon being as good as giannis one day.

JAZZNC
02-07-2019, 12:22 AM
why are you not mad?you had thon being as good as giannis one day.

Because he's not in Milwaukee anymore so he sucks.