PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: 76ers Acquire Tobias Harris

Lakers + Giants
02-06-2019, 03:28 AM

Lakers + Giants
02-06-2019, 03:30 AM
76ers got him pretty cheap tbh. I know he's a FA but still.

Clips all in on those two max FAs too.

Lakers + Giants
MTM where you at?

bucketss
Hits a game winner gets traded hours later

Lakers + Giants
02-06-2019, 03:32 AM
Ben
Redick
Butler
Harris
Embiid

That's ****in nasty. Love it. GSW vs 76ers gonna be fun.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 03:34 AM
Good deal for Clips. That Miami 1st is prime and Landry has potential.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ClevelandSpider
02-06-2019, 03:35 AM
Clippers throwing in the towel, Lakers only challenge for 8th seed looks like the up and coming Kings

bucketss
02-06-2019, 03:36 AM
Sixers have 4 guys that could make an all star team

sacgiants1213
02-06-2019, 03:42 AM
Clippers gonna flip those picks to NOLA for AD?

bleedprple&gold
02-06-2019, 03:44 AM
2 firsts for a pending free agent? Terrible deal for Sixers if he leaves

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lakers + Giants
02-06-2019, 03:45 AM
2 firsts for a pending free agent? Terrible deal for Sixers if he leaves

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They're going all in. And as sacgiants posted, they can use those assets for AD.

GiantsSwaGG
02-06-2019, 03:46 AM
Horrible deal for the sixers

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 03:52 AM
we just went all in.. i have 0 issues with this because i feel like we can resign Tobias no issues and he is ****ing amazing and only 26... hell id rather have him going forward over buckets for the money lol... keep toby and go from there... i love this move... i hate giving up shamwow but **** it LETS GO

sacgiants1213
02-06-2019, 03:54 AM
Hmm Clippers keep their pick this year if they don't make the playoffs. Probably means they truly are selling this year with no intention of upgrading.

Kings vs Lakers for the 8 seed for the opportunity to get swept by GS in 1st Round? Sign me up!

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 03:55 AM
Horrible deal for the sixers

yea terrible deal for the exact players we needed who is 26 years old and basically an all star for 2 first rounders that we will just **** up anyhow lol.

I feel like half of PSD doesnt realize how good TH is and honestly id rather resign him over butler... of course we will try and keep both though.

personally i feel like both of those firsts are gonna be bad... ours def will be a late first... if you think the heat is gonna stand around and continue to be this bad you are silly. Good deal for the clippers though. 2 late firsts most likely and shamwow. I will miss shammy

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 04:01 AM
76ers got him pretty cheap tbh. I know he's a FA but still.

Clips all in on those two max FAs too.

i never thought he would be traded... personally id be pretty pissed if i was a clips fan... they should have kept him and resigned him but i feel like they are loading up for AD

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 04:02 AM
i love buckets but you make resiging TH number 1 and go from there. He is the perfect fit next to embiid and ben.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 04:04 AM
We upgraded 2 big time needs and still have fultz and zhaire... Fultz is the backup PG we need... On top of this we got ****ing rid of wilson ****ing chandler... I might cry. I just wish TJ was in the deal as well.. Hell I would have given up another first for them to take trashconnel.

mngopher35
02-06-2019, 04:11 AM
Seems like a good deal for both sides to me. 76ers gets another very good player to go with Embiid/Simmons/Butler and he can shoot the ball pretty well. Clippers maybe have bigger offseason targets/didn't plan to resign him so get some assets now

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 04:26 AM
this deal couldnt be better.. on top of the sixers having the best starting lineup in the east now this deal also ***** on the celtics because now the clippers likely miss the playoffs and keep their pick... clippers keep their pick while the sac pick continues to look worse and on top of the the grizz pick probably wont convey... :cheer:

I will say this.... Clippers are in good hands with west... he is a ****ing monster and has something massive planned. Win/Win for both teams.

YAALREADYKNO
02-06-2019, 04:54 AM
Wow! I like this trade for the 76ers. Going all in this year I guess

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 05:00 AM
now just get one more guy in the buyouts... mathews or ariza or something and we will be legit because we have fultz/patton/smith coming back as well.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 05:34 AM
we already rocked the warriors... the league has been put on notice.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 05:39 AM
nba reddit going ham on us saying we dont deserve this lolololol... tanked for 5 years and get the best starting unit in the east... people are mad : )

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 05:47 AM
Didnt even realize we got the raptor killing sniper in mike scott... spacing people : )

Alayla
02-06-2019, 07:07 AM
nba reddit going ham on us saying we dont deserve this lolololol... tanked for 5 years and get the best starting unit in the east... people are mad : )

wasn't even 5 years more 3 and a half and we got everything we where looking for.

Foles9MVP
02-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Not sure about this. Chandler had that veteran experience but had his ups and downs. Shamet showed lots of promise for a rookie but also for 2 first and two 2nds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bleedprple&gold
02-06-2019, 07:34 AM
Clips must think they are getting two max guys this summer plus losing Harris now helps them keep their pick. Trade is incomplete to judge right now until we see what Clips do with the cap space and if Sixers can re-sign Harris.

c.c.
02-06-2019, 07:35 AM
I thought the Clippers was trying to make a playoff push this year

I guess they changed they mind

Chronz
02-06-2019, 07:45 AM
That blake trade keeps looking wiser and wiser. Hows tobias anyways? There's been alot of debate of who's the clips best player

Chronz
02-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Boban underrated addiction as an emergency big. All time leader in per baby. Would've loved to see sweet Louis back in philly but I hope some team out there is willing to give up more picks

ewing
02-06-2019, 07:54 AM
The NBA is a joke. Great trade for Sixers

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 07:56 AM
Anyone they thinks that Miami pick will be a late pick is an idiot unless that pick has protections. No way in hell rhe heat are competitive by that time

Props to the clippers for getting 2 firsts for a rental. I wonder if this means that simmons is no longer part of the future

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 07:59 AM
I'll have to wait and see if this is something to be concerned about or not

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Anyone they thinks that Miami pick will be a late pick is an idiot unless that pick has protections. No way in hell rhe heat are competitive by that time

Props to the clippers for getting 2 firsts for a rental. I wonder if this means that simmons is no longer part of the future

app we did this because we are bringing both back and sticking with this big 4... it likely costs us fultz or redick in the off season but we will 100 percent bring back harris... to me harris is a much better fit than butler... we need to try and bring both back and that is the plan. How would this mean we are giving up on simmons? this dude is the best fit to have alongside ben

warfelg
02-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Only part of this I donít like is giving up the 2021 Miami pick and Shamwet. But the good thing is Miamiís ownership and FO both hate tanking, so I think that pick would only be high by accident.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Only part of this I donít like is giving up the 2021 Miami pick and Shamwet. But the good thing is Miamiís ownership and FO both hate tanking, so I think that pick would only be high by accident.

They won't tank if Riley is still there and not retired.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 08:33 AM
They won't tank if Riley is still there and not retired.

Which is why Iím not that mad with it. And with 2022 being when the ďone and doneĒ rule is going away (and the NBA admitted its because we had that 2021 Miami pick) that draft wonít be as deep either.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Even with this trade both teams involved still have first round exit written all over it. Philly due to coaching and chemistry issues. Lac because LA teams are always frauds.

ManningToTyree
02-06-2019, 08:49 AM
Clips must think they are getting two max guys this summer plus losing Harris now helps them keep their pick. Trade is incomplete to judge right now until we see what Clips do with the cap space and if Sixers can re-sign Harris.

Do they have space for two maxes?

RubberBand_Man
Hits a game winner gets traded hours later

Wonder how Free Agents will view this move, The Clippers already received major backlash for trading Blake Griffin the way they did.

warfelg
Sixers might be starting one of the tallest lineups in the nba now:
6í10Ē
6í4Ē
6í8Ē
6í9Ē
7í2Ē

warfelg
02-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Do they have space for two maxes?

I donít think so and I donít think they really cleared a lot of cap.

RubberBand_Man
02-06-2019, 08:55 AM
I donít think so and I donít think they really cleared a lot of cap.

Interesting.
They loaded up on picks.... STAY AWAY FROM A.D.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 09:35 AM

yup that is why i am not worried about that pick... no chance the heat ever tank.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 09:38 AM
yup that is why i am not worried about that pick... no chance the heat ever tank.

To me itís less individually and more both. But I think we are selling high on Shamet because these last few weeks when Shamet filled in for JJ it wasnít the greatest.

I think we move Fultz+Amir for a better bench combo guard now. Itís almost necessary.

PAOboston
02-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Good move for the 76ers. Harris is a good player. Their depth is shot though so thereís no way they can be done.

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 09:42 AM
On one hand I don't like trading two 1sts for a non-star on an expiring contract, on the other hand I like the Sixers going all-in. If they make the Finals the odds are low that Butler leaves. I'm ever so slightly leaning toward good deal for both sides.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 09:46 AM
On one hand I don't like trading two 1sts for a non-star on an expiring contract, on the other hand I like the Sixers going all-in. If they make the Finals the odds are low that Butler leaves. I'm ever so slightly leaning toward good deal for both sides.

FWIW our 2020 pick is lotto protected. And like I said that Miami pick can be good. Can be bad. But itís value is really high right now.

Edit:
Harris is playing boarderline all-star (especially for the east), and now heís the 4th/5th option instead of the 1st.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 09:59 AM
assuming we resign Harris this is a good deal for both sides. Sixers add an all start caliber talent in his prime and the Clips just got more ammo to make a big trade, they have way better assets to offer AD than the Lakers do now. Hate losing Shamet and the Heat pick but it should be worth it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Not sure about this. Chandler had that veteran experience but had his ups and downs. Shamet showed lots of promise for a rookie but also for 2 first and two 2nds?

Yeah if Tobias walks. Then 76ers lost some ammo out of their war chest. Butler already is a poor fit to the roster. Embiid had a hard time adjusting when Butler is added now Tobias. Will Butler play nice and share the ball? Also trading for Tobias means this is the super star you had in mind for the max cap slots?

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 10:03 AM
To me itís less individually and more both. But I think we are selling high on Shamet because these last few weeks when Shamet filled in for JJ it wasnít the greatest.

I think we move Fultz+Amir for a better bench combo guard now. Itís almost necessary.

i doubt they move fultz until the summer... they will get nothing at all for him. Our team is that much scarier if he returns. Recent reports seem to back that up that they arent planning on giving up on him.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Yeah if Tobias walks. Then 76ers lost some ammo out of their war chest. Butler already is a poor fit to the roster. Embiid had a hard time adjusting when Butler is added now Tobias. Will Butler play nice and share the ball? Also trading for Tobias means this is the super star you had in mind for the max cap slots?

nope butler would be the superstar max... we couldnt afford 2 max guys.. it would be a max slot and 1 other very good player or top end player but not a max... Now we have the ability to sign both but it will cost us either fultz or JJ

I think harris should be the focal point in resigning even before butler because he fits so so much better and is pretty damn sick

warfelg
02-06-2019, 10:10 AM
i doubt they move fultz until the summer... they will get nothing at all for him. Our team is that much scarier if he returns. Recent reports seem to back that up that they arent planning on giving up on him.

Did you see Brettís comments last night. He basically said he would be surprised if Fultz gives us anything.

ewing
02-06-2019, 10:15 AM

Harris isnít a franchise guy but I do think he is a star

Vee-Rex
02-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Love the deal for both sides.

Philly just needs a nice guard that can shoot and defend decently. Other than that, they have the pieces to win a championship. From there, it's all about chemistry and coaching.

I'd also see how Ben does in the playoffs when defenses look to exploit him.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Harris is interesting on the Sixers, but he doesn't provide size or defense and betting on his play from a contract year continuing on a new big contract is a bit of an issue. It was a lot to pay for the Sixers ... if they make it work then good for them but it's not a small gamble.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 10:35 AM
If we had Fultz i wonder if this package could have landed Jrue or Beal

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Love the deal for both sides.

Philly just needs a nice guard that can shoot and defend decently. Other than that, they have the pieces to win a championship. From there, it's all about chemistry and coaching.

I'd also see how Ben does in the playoffs when defenses look to exploit him.

They now have 3 shooters in their starting lineup, plus a slasher in Butler. The fact that Embiid shoots helps a lot.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Harris is interesting on the Sixers, but he doesn't provide size or defense and betting on his play from a contract year continuing on a new big contract is a bit of an issue. It was a lot to pay for the Sixers ... if they make it work then good for them but it's not a small gamble.

Um what? Harris is 6í9Ē with a 6í11Ē wingspan. His defense isnít the greatest. Heís been playing at a high level for about 3 years now.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Does that make the clippers a player in the AD saga?

warfelg
02-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Does that make the clippers a player in the AD saga?

Possibly. Max space and AD assets.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2019, 10:43 AM
They now have 3 shooters in their starting lineup, plus a slasher in Butler. The fact that Embiid shoots helps a lot.

Right, but I'm kinda looking at their bench and cringing.

Still, in the playoffs the rotations shorten and lots of staggering starters tend to occur. So they're in great shape - just a tweak would be good IMO.

Brett Brown is next on the chopping block if things don't go well enough.

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Right, but I'm kinda looking at their bench and cringing.

Still, in the playoffs the rotations shorten and lots of staggering starters tend to occur. So they're in great shape - just a tweak would be good IMO.

Brett Brown is next on the chopping block if things don't go well enough.

Yeah depth is never bad but come playoffs only 6, maybe 7 guys really matter.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Um what? Harris is 6í9Ē with a 6í11Ē wingspan. His defense isnít the greatest. Heís been playing at a high level for about 3 years now.

his play has been consistent since he left the Bucks too so not worried about a contract year either.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2019, 10:53 AM

He is pretty underrated and the potential for this team is a lot higher IMO. I wish Philly had more time to build chemistry but we'll see how it goes. Might be a bit bumpy at first.

aman_13
02-06-2019, 10:57 AM
The Sixers have the talent to go all the way now. They will probably add another piece through the buyout market. Good for them.

kdspurman
02-06-2019, 11:02 AM
We upgraded 2 big time needs and still have fultz and zhaire... Fultz is the backup PG we need... On top of this we got ****ing rid of wilson ****ing chandler... I might cry. I just wish TJ was in the deal as well.. Hell I would have given up another first for them to take trashconnel.

This should make Embiid a lock for 6moy coming now with Boban on the squad

MygirlhatesCod
02-06-2019, 11:02 AM
big fan of philly gambling. buckets and now this. the only player I liked that is gone is Dario but that lineup is gonna be sick when they start gelling.

this is a great example of a franchise putting effort into winning. cant understand why teams like the knicks and the clips think that the availability of max space is gonna get prime free agents. nobody wants to go to a team in their prime to start a rebuild. that's why those teams end up giving **** contracts to mediocre players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Yeah depth is never bad but come playoffs only 6, maybe 7 guys really matter.

Unless early bogus foul trouble. Ref's been horrible.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 11:33 AM
This should make Embiid a lock for 6moy coming now with Boban on the squad

I would get a perma for this statement

zn23
02-06-2019, 11:41 AM
This is why the NBA is the best sports league in America.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Absolutely love this for both teams. This is why I said Sixers should move on with Fultz and flip him for some shooters. They could be contenders right now. Embiid is the perfect player vs the Warriors because they have no one capable of guarding him. Adding Tobias just means they are unguardable from all five starting positions. If I am the Sixers, there is no excuse why you shouldn't be the 2nd best team in the NBA.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 11:42 AM

In the whole world, honestly.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 11:43 AM

Great shooter and means they add more weapons vs Warriors.

Westbrook36
02-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Essentially the 76ers turned the 10th overall pick into Tobias Harris and Zahire Smith.

I don't think Harris is a max player so we'll see how that turns out in FA tough..he fits pretty perfectly next to Embiid though.

Move TJ or look at the buyout market for any type of 3D at PG/SG/SF

ewing
02-06-2019, 11:52 AM

teams that are in the middle competitively giving away young stars entering there prime make it the best league in sports?

Scoots
02-06-2019, 11:52 AM

I meant more that he doesn't play big. No doubt he's a good offensive player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 11:57 AM

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 11:58 AM
I would get a perma for this statement

Yeah you probably would. But you'd be 30 flagged comments deep already too. Just appreciate someone made the joke.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 12:05 PM
I still have them 4th behind Milwaukee, Toronto, Boston although I can see the upside.

Alayla
02-06-2019, 12:05 PM

??? How does this imply anything about Simmons Tobais is a small ball 4 / 3 and Simmons is a 1 anyway woj already had a tweet that the sixers intend to keep all of the big 4.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:08 PM
76ers tryin to build a super team becoming the new Golden State in the East

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 12:09 PM

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Harris, Embiid, Simmons and Butler= BIG 4

I like Philly's chances in the East now

Alayla
02-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Absolutely love this for both teams. This is why I said Sixers should move on with Fultz and flip him for some shooters. They could be contenders right now. Embiid is the perfect player vs the Warriors because they have no one capable of guarding him. Adding Tobias just means they are unguardable from all five starting positions. If I am the Sixers, there is no excuse why you shouldn't be the 2nd best team in the NBA.

Only we are in this postion without flipping Fultz and are in no hurry to do so why sell low.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:13 PM
They should have included Fultz in the trade

warfelg
02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
They should have included Fultz in the trade

Thatís silly to say we should have Included more for the sake of it.

aman_13
02-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Thatís silly to say we should have Included more for the sake of it.Lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:21 PM
He should have been included because why is he still there? He ain't gon develop into the player you want him to be and he has no flashes of brilliance within games either or no upside anymore so why bother with him anymore?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 12:22 PM
??? How does this imply anything about Simmons Tobais is a small ball 4 / 3 and Simmons is a 1 anyway woj already had a tweet that the sixers intend to keep all of the big 4.

Even with cap going up. Is it possible to have 4 max contracts eventually? Ya figure Simmons is RFA after next season.

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 12:22 PM

Net rating is a predictor of regular season wins. It is not a predictor of playoff success. Their top 6 got a alot stronger and that's what matters in the postseason.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 12:23 PM

dont feed the troll

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:23 PM
With this move Philly looks scary now...I respect the hell out of this move and I'm a Celtics fan

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Might as well trade Jimmy to Miami for JRich and Dragic and fall it a day. JRich has a great contract and makes it easier to keep Tobias. Reports coming out that the Sixers think Jimmy may leave.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 12:25 PM
He should have been included because why is he still there? He ain't gon develop into the player you want him to be and he has no flashes of brilliance within games either or no upside anymore so why bother with him anymore?

You donít include rookie contracts ďjust becauseĒ.

If you think heís nothing, as a salary filler heís more valuable in another trade than this one.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Sixers fans would you do JRich and Dragic for Jimmy with the uncertainty of Jimmy staying and JRich only costing $9M a year?

warfelg
02-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Might as well trade Jimmy to Miami for JRich and Dragic and fall it a day. JRich has a great contract and makes it easier to keep Tobias. Reports coming out that the Sixers think Jimmy may leave.

Post these reports because everything says they think it makes it easier to retain both.

Rivera
02-06-2019, 12:26 PM
i like the move, i really really do. easier to move ben to the bench in crunch time on offensive possessions of close playoff games

another scorer who can create his own shot and hit a 3

smart player, fun dude, 76er fans will love Tobias and Boban

i really dont have anything bad to say, give them some time to gel regular season watch bens regular season stats get better and come playoff time, you have some fire power for defenses to have to adjust

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Net rating is a predictor of regular season wins. It is not a predictor of playoff success. Their top 6 got a alot stronger and that's what matters in the postseason.

Things like that are way advanced stats irk me from time to time. People spew that **** and think theyíre a genius.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Sixers fans would you do JRich and Dragic for Jimmy with the uncertainty of Jimmy staying and JRich only costing $9M a year?

No because if Jimmy leaves, unloading Fultz still gives us max space.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Philly now I think could go all the way to the Finals especially now with adding Harris

gtr357
02-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Sixers got better by a good margin. Clippers I can't tell but I guess they got some draft picks. I was kind of puzzle by this trade. Clippers had a good team and Harris was playing well and had a shot at playoffs. Why did they trade now? Sure they would not beat warriors but they really matched up well with them and could have made it a series. They have good depth and two scorers Harris and Gallo. Good defense. But I guess business decision for future.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 12:30 PM
76ers tryin to build a super team becoming the new Golden State in the East

Yawn. GSW is riding second fiddle to the Bucks

WaDe03
Post these reports because everything says they think it makes it easier to retain both.

I just read theyíre going to try and keep the big 4 together though so I guess itís irrelevant. They fear he may leave but are going to try and sign him regardless and not trade him. Makes sense though.

IndyRealist
Things like that are way advanced stats irk me from time to time. People spew that **** and think theyíre a genius.

Nothing wrong with the stat. Just how people use it.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:31 PM
No because if Jimmy leaves, unloading Fultz still gives us max space.

Makes sense to trade Fultz for depth.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Nothing wrong with the stat. Just how people use it.

Yea thatís what I mean.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:32 PM
I think with the Big 4 in Philly now they can definitely beat Milwaukee in a playoff series and or beat Toronto or even my Celtics in a playoff series especially now with their acquisition of Harris

Plus Butler, Embiid and Simmons along with their bench how are you guys under rating Philly?

Alayla
02-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Makes sense to trade Fultz for depth.

No thanks

Alayla
02-06-2019, 12:36 PM
I think with the Big 4 in Philly now they can definitely beat Milwaukee in a playoff series and or beat Toronto or even my Celtics in a playoff series especially now with their acquisition of Harris

Plus Butler, Embiid and Simmons along with their bench how are you guys under rating Philly?

I doubt that I think this team could sneak into the ECF as currently contructed but unless fultz and smith come back and we do well on the buyout market i wouldn't expect more Ben and Joel are still so inexperienced.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm not a fan of signing Butler to a max with him being 30 next year. On a side note, I always knew PG was better than Butler. Is there any case he isn't? Arguably a better defender, better shooter, better off-ball player, and doesn't cause any locker room issues.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 12:38 PM
https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1093182624061841408

My god. Simmons is essentially a post player.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 12:40 PM
I'm not a fan of signing Butler to a max with him being 30 next year. On a side note, I always knew PG was better than Butler. Is there any case he isn't? Arguably a better defender, better shooter, better off-ball player, and doesn't cause any locker room issues.

Yes this year heís been the better player, previously he hasnít been.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 12:40 PM

76ers have a bench? Boban is decent but still. 76ers bench was thin before the Butler trade. Fultz with nerve damage and damaged goods. 76ers starting 5 have to log heavy minutes in the playoffs. Barring foul troubles and injuries. Tobias is a sieve for defense. Also not much for usage to go around with ISO Butler hogging the ball.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:43 PM
76ers have a bench? Boban is decent but still. 76ers bench was thin before the Butler trade. Fultz with nerve damage and damaged goods. 76ers starting 5 have to log heavy minutes in the playoffs. Barring foul troubles and injuries. Tobias is a sieve for defense. Also not much for usage to go around with ISO Butler hogging the ball.

That may be true but on paper they probably look like the best team in the East as far as pairing up...4 All Stars on one team

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 12:45 PM
https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1093182624061841408

My god. Simmons is essentially a post player.

Because Giannis is draining threes from halfcourt, huh?

Alayla
02-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Even with cap going up. Is it possible to have 4 max contracts eventually? Ya figure Simmons is RFA after next season.

The team already stated it's intention of keep all of them so clearly we feel we can.

tredigs
02-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Interesting trade. Both sides have merit. The Clippers did not value Tobias Harris as a max-contract asset and wanted to take what leverage they still could (I agree 100% and they got a nice haul for a guy who expires in 3 months). Gives the Clippers massive tax space and now they get their pick (for those that might not know they lose the pick entirely if they make the playoffs). And the Sixers are All-In with 3 months to figure out how to all play with each other and manage the dynamics + see if it's a worthy experiment to continue with an go deep into the tax. My guess is that it's just too many cooks in the kitchen and they won't have the foundation to make it work without massive headaches that spill into the media, but if it does work they're going to be extremely good. Fun experiment for fans regardless. The East playoffs will actually be fun this year.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 12:52 PM
IMO, East has the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams in the league. Don't trust Denver at all. LeBron got out of Cleveland just in time.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Interesting trade. Both sides have merit. The Clippers did not value Tobias Harris as a max-contract asset and wanted to take what leverage they still could (I agree 100% and they got a nice haul for a guy who expires in 3 months). Gives the Clippers massive tax space and now they get their pick (for those that might not know they lose the pick entirely if they make the playoffs). And the Sixers are All-In with 3 months to figure out how to all play with each other and manage the dynamics + see if it's a worthy experiment to continue with an go deep into the tax. My guess is that it's just too many cooks in the kitchen and they won't have the foundation to make it work without massive headaches that spill into the media, but if it does work they're going to be extremely good. Fun experiment for fans regardless. The East playoffs will actually be fun this year.

That is exactly what I been tryin to say...you couldn't have said it any better

LeonFSU
02-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Its great that Boban and Tobias will still be teammates.

aman_13
02-06-2019, 12:54 PM
^Only potential downside. I agree. The fit with Butler is something to look for.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Imagine Butler starts being a diva again

Scoots
02-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Thatís silly to say we should have Included more for the sake of it.

Would you trade Fultz for Gallinari?

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Tobias and JJ will definitely spread the floor for the other guys to attack. Jimmy and Embiid are at least solid shooters who can get hot from time to time. Spacing definitely better now. Weíre probably going to win it all.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Tobias and JJ will definitely spread the floor for the other guys to attack. Jimmy and Embiid are at least solid shooters who can get hot from time to time. Spacing definitely better now. Weíre probably going to win it all.

Wouldn't surprise me at this point

Westbrook36
02-06-2019, 01:04 PM

No chance

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 01:08 PM

we're? lol wtf

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 01:12 PM
we're? lol wtf

I too am considering becoming a 76ers fan

zn23
02-06-2019, 01:14 PM
IMO, East has the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams in the league. Don't trust Denver at all. LeBron got out of Cleveland just in time.

of the top 5 teams in the league, 4 are in the East. LeBron wouldn't haven been able to get through the gauntlet if he was still around with Cleveland. I'd put Denver in there when they're completely healthy.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 01:18 PM
we're? lol wtf

Lmao!

aman_13
02-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Lmao![emoji23]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Donít forget we still have interest in guys like Mirotic TRoss and Wes Matthews. We should reach out to Miami about Ellington.

tredigs
02-06-2019, 01:32 PM
of the top 5 teams in the league, 4 are in the East. LeBron wouldn't haven been able to get through the gauntlet if he was still around with Cleveland. I'd put Denver in there when they're completely healthy.

Nuggets are absolutely in that mix when healthy, and even with nonstop injuries have a top 5 SRS and the 2nd best offense in the league. OKC is also right there in that mix, especially if they get Roberson back before the playoffs. And Houston is the wild card of that group that all rests on how much they can get from CP. That all said, the Bucks have shown a clear leg up on the rest of the East all season. It may be time we start realizing that they are simply head and shoulders above everyone not named Golden State.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Nuggets are absolutely in that mix when healthy, and even with nonstop injuries have a top 5 SRS and the 2nd best offense in the league. OKC is also right there in that mix, especially if they get Roberson back before the playoffs. And Houston is the wild card of that group that all rests on how much they can get from CP. That all said, the Bucks have shown a clear leg up on the rest of the East all season. It may be time we start realizing that they are simply head and shoulders above everyone not named Golden State.
We'll see how teams like Bucks or a Bud led team, Raptors and Nuggets fare when it matters most. Raptors and Bud led teams always put up nice advanced regular season metrics.

warfelg
02-06-2019, 01:47 PM

Hell no

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Hell no

If you trade Fultz it should be for a player like D that will stretch the floor and rebound next to Embiid. Smart solid player who I think could be had with his team middling.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 01:52 PM
If you trade Fultz it should be for a player like D that will stretch the floor and rebound next to Embiid. Smart solid player who I think could be had with his team middling.

JRich lolol.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Celtics or Denver belong in that discussion for fifth best team, IMO. I might even put OKC over Denver just because I know we will get the superstar calls.

valade16
02-06-2019, 02:26 PM
It's going to be funny to look back on all the trades for Fultz Philly fans rejected in light of what they're going to get for him.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 02:40 PM
so we should trade him for an oft injured Gallo who is under contract for over 20mil through next season? lol nahhhhhhhhh

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Scoots
02-06-2019, 03:19 PM
so we should trade him for an oft injured Gallo who is under contract for over 20mil through next season? lol nahhhhhhhhh

Fultz offers essentially nothing to the team this year while Gallo is a good player when healthy. If they are trying to win now it would be a good move.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 03:33 PM
no it wouldnt. we wouldnt be able to keep one of Harris or Butler by making that move. Better of waiting on Fultz then taking back a player you know will get hurt who costs more than double

Scoots
02-06-2019, 04:12 PM
no it wouldnt. we wouldnt be able to keep one of Harris or Butler by making that move. Better of waiting on Fultz then taking back a player you know will get hurt who costs more than double

But Gallo would help with winning NOW and winning now is the best way to advertise to your free agents and Fultz' value is very low right now and may not improve while Gallo when healthy is a legit good NBA player. There is no evidence I know of that Gallo is a bad locker room guy, and if his workload was cut down, like coming off the bench behind Butler/Harris he might be able to stay healthy more. Why not trade what has been essentially a dumpster fire thus far for a good player for 1.3 years and win as much as possible?

Tg11
02-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Yeah but Harris and Butler are free agents this summer too and I know teams are gonna get in on trying to acquire one or both players but do the Sixers have the cap space to keep all 4 players?

Rivera
02-06-2019, 04:22 PM

yes you can. 76ers have bird rights because of the trade on both Jimmy B and Tobias. 76ers can go over the cap to retain both if they did or didnt make the trade for Gallo

Tg11
02-06-2019, 04:24 PM
But if you manage to keep both and you have all 4 guys for next season then they have a whole year to play together and gel which means next season Philly could be the biggest threat in the East bar none.

beasted86
02-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Fultz offers essentially nothing to the team this year while Gallo is a good player when healthy. If they are trying to win now it would be a good move.

Isn't it clear they're going all in? Because I don't see longevity for this core.
Butler will want max, Tobias will want near max. Embiid is already on max. Simmons will want max next summer 2020.
They don't have the money to pay everyone. I think this is a all in for this year type of trade.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Isn't it clear they're going all in? Because I don't see longevity for this core.
Butler will want max, Tobias will want near max. Embiid is already on max. Simmons will want max next summer 2020.
They don't have the money to pay everyone. I think this is a all in for this year type of trade.

Exactly so if it comes down to keeping Butler or Harris who do you keep? I keep Butler obviously so that way come 2020 you're able to resign Simmons to a max

Westbrook36
02-06-2019, 04:42 PM
But Gallo would help with winning NOW and winning now is the best way to advertise to your free agents and Fultz' value is very low right now and may not improve while Gallo when healthy is a legit good NBA player. There is no evidence I know of that Gallo is a bad locker room guy, and if his workload was cut down, like coming off the bench behind Butler/Harris he might be able to stay healthy more. Why not trade what has been essentially a dumpster fire thus far for a good player for 1.3 years and win as much as possible?

Why would you bring in Gallo for 20 million and then instantly have to move over the luxury tax when the time comes to re-sign Butler and Harris? Instead you could wait for the buy out market to develop or move a second rounder + TJ for a depth player that offers 3+D traits.

The best option with Fultz is to continue to let him rehab now that the core issue of his shoulder has been identified. In hopes that he can build up his value a bit and at that point re-access if he can fit in with this team or if it's best to move him for depth that can. You don't sell something at 10 cents on the dollar..

Tg11
02-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Why would you bring in Gallo for 20 million and then instantly have to move over the luxury tax when the time comes to re-sign Butler and Harris? Instead you could wait for the buy out market to develop or move a second rounder + TJ for a depth player that offers 3+D traits.

The best option with Fultz is to continue to let him rehab now that the core issue of his shoulder has been identified. In hopes that he can build up his value a bit and at that point re-access if he can fit in with this team or if it's best to move him for depth that can. You don't sell something at 10 cents on the dollar..

Well in Fultz's case you can because that is how **** he is

Westbrook36
02-06-2019, 04:45 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens, but it would not be surprising to me if they intend to near max both Butler/Harris with the intent that one of them long term will be dealt in the upcoming seasons. At the very least this core will be together (assuming they re-sign) for the next 2-3 years at which the luxury tax will come into play.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 04:47 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens, but it would not be surprising to me if they intend to near max both Butler/Harris with the intent that one of them long term will be dealt in the upcoming seasons. At the very least this core will be together (assuming they re-sign) for the next 2-3 years at which the luxury tax will come into play.

Long term I think Tobias gets dealt over Butler who the Sixers keep

Westbrook36
02-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Well in Fultz's case you can because that is how **** he is

Fultz shooting woes have been magnified by the 76ers premium need due to the surrounding cast

He can't shoot..maybe he'll never be able to..but he has talent in all other areas of the game. Let's assume he'll never be able to shoot the three ball, but what if he's able to develop his 15-25 jumper (He did a bit already)? Has the ability to offer elite defense and positive rebounding/passing..that's valuable.

Just think you have to see what happens with his physical therapy before we completely write him off..but of course he's looking like a major whack job bust..no doubt

ewing
02-06-2019, 04:55 PM

B/c you have a billion $ and don't give a **** about luxury tax and you know you aren't getting anyone near as good as Gallo from the buy out market

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 05:03 PM
yes you can. 76ers have bird rights because of the trade on both Jimmy B and Tobias. 76ers can go over the cap to retain both if they did or didnt make the trade for Gallo

were not going that deep into the tax for freaking Gallo.

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 05:08 PM

we do and the plan has been reported numerous time today that Brand will be agressive in his effort to retain everyone. we havent been this good or in the tax in a ling time, the owners will be ok with it.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Fultz shooting woes have been magnified by the 76ers premium need due to the surrounding cast

He can't shoot..maybe he'll never be able to..but he has talent in all other areas of the game. Let's assume he'll never be able to shoot the three ball, but what if he's able to develop his 15-25 jumper (He did a bit already)? Has the ability to offer elite defense and positive rebounding/passing..that's valuable.

Just think you have to see what happens with his physical therapy before we completely write him off..but of course he's looking like a major whack job bust..no doubt

Not worth the drama any more

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2019, 05:23 PM
I think they let Jimmy walk now. Just with all the past drama and this EXTREMELY young core there's too much to lose. This is a really good trade for the Sixers. The 2021 unprotected could end up burning them but still, it's a good trade.

tredigs
02-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Assuming they all wanted to sign, you should be able to do so and then trade one of the pieces (Ben, JB or Harris) for what you deem the best fit at the deadline or over next summer (I agree you can't actually keep all 4 long term). Solid plan the more you think about it honestly. Just have to hope they all stay healthy + productive enough to trade.

Edit: that said, again, I don't think this group can or will work. Tobias is just now coming into his own and had a taste as the #1. If he gets a max entering his prime, it's not realistic for him to want to take a role as 4th man. They don't have a Klay who literally doesn't need the ball at all unless it's a set shot, or a Draymond who could care less if he shoots 3 times in the game. Don't blame them for acquiring the talent, but it's not a realistic fit.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Yeah basically a win win for both teams

Rivera
02-06-2019, 06:06 PM
were not going that deep into the tax for freaking Gallo.

you said they wouldnt to be able to keep both when that is incorrect

they do have the ability to keep both if the ownership wants too

now going deep into the tax and then shipping one of them off for extra pieces, thats 2 different things

Tg11
02-06-2019, 06:24 PM
you said they wouldnt to be able to keep both when that is incorrect

they do have the ability to keep both if the ownership wants too

now going deep into the tax and then shipping one of them off for extra pieces, thats 2 different things

Yeah but it all depends on the free agency market too this summer

beasted86
02-06-2019, 06:24 PM

With Butler taking a significant cut from his max and getting $30M, and Harris making roughly $25M that puts them already at $105M with just 8 players and no Reddick. I hardly believe they will have this core for 2-3 years. They would be paying severe repeater taxes.

Rivera
02-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Yeah but it all depends on the free agency market too this summer

but IF the 76ers resigned both JB and Tobias (like they said they hope to do) they wont have any money for free agency

so why does that matter?

Tg11
02-06-2019, 06:27 PM
but IF the 76ers resigned both JB and Tobias (like they said they hope to do) they wont have any money for free agency

so why does that matter?

If you re sign both either way you guys are good for next season

beasted86
02-06-2019, 06:30 PM
I honestly have no reason to believe Butler or Harris will take a significant cut. Full stop.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 06:31 PM
I think they let Jimmy walk now. Just with all the past drama and this EXTREMELY young core there's too much to lose. This is a really good trade for the Sixers. The 2021 unprotected could end up burning them but still, it's a good trade.I do as well. Harris is really the best fit.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 06:33 PM
I do as well. Harris is really the best fit.

Harris over Butler...if that happens the 76ers would be real fools then

PhillySportFan
02-06-2019, 06:37 PM

That means literally nothing.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Harris over Butler...if that happens the 76ers would be real fools thenKeeping Butler entails significantly more risk. Volatility and age being foremost

lakers squad
02-06-2019, 07:02 PM
That means literally nothing.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, I like what the 76ers have done,Harris should help them alot, he should really fit into that group nicely!

lakers squad
02-06-2019, 07:04 PM
That post was at MillerHigh Life

warfelg
02-06-2019, 07:16 PM
I don't get why people thing this means only one of Harris or Butler stays. This ownership doesn't mind spending if it's the right roster. They've said many times that money is no concern to them. Much like the Warriors are doing, it will be all about how you fill out the edges. Good drafting late in rounds, getting the right vets, using your exemptions the right way.

TrueFan420
02-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Sixers will def need to be a major players in the buy out market. Their very thin depth wise now. They should be looking for any 3&D player they can get their hands on.

tredigs
02-06-2019, 07:26 PM
I don't get why people thing this means only one of Harris or Butler stays. This ownership doesn't mind spending if it's the right roster. They've said many times that money is no concern to them. Much like the Warriors are doing, it will be all about how you fill out the edges. Good drafting late in rounds, getting the right vets, using your exemptions the right way.

Warriors were already champions, the price was cheaper, and the players are both better talents and a much better fit. Sixers are already over the cap next year if they keep all 4 (just on those 4) and no lock to even make the ECF's. And lost assets. It is a risk, even if they all stay. I get what they are doing, but it's not comparable to GS at all.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 07:28 PM
I don't get why people thing this means only one of Harris or Butler stays. This ownership doesn't mind spending if it's the right roster. They've said many times that money is no concern to them. Much like the Warriors are doing, it will be all about how you fill out the edges. Good drafting late in rounds, getting the right vets, using your exemptions the right way.At some point you want to maximize what you get out of Embiid/Simmons

warfelg
02-06-2019, 07:32 PM
At some point you want to maximize what you get out of Embiid/Simmons

So the answer is choose to not resign someone? That doesnít make sense.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 07:36 PM
So the answer is choose to not resign someone? That doesnít make sense.Perhaps not to you.

Chronz
02-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Yeah but Harris and Butler are free agents this summer too and I know teams are gonna get in on trying to acquire one or both players but do the Sixers have the cap space to keep all 4 players?

Yes, they just gotta pony up . Hes incredibly skilled and contributes in literally every role/play type. I'm actually ok with keeping him to compliment who ever we land in free agency. Might be butler

Chronz
02-06-2019, 08:15 PM
With Butler taking a significant cut from his max and getting $30M, and Harris making roughly $25M that puts them already at $105M with just 8 players and no Reddick. I hardly believe they will have this core for 2-3 years. They would be paying severe repeater taxes.

They're probably losing butler but even if they keep him, only 1.5 years left to go all in this season. That's a ****ing bargain for fultz imo.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 08:18 PM

Dade County
02-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Clippers gonna flip those picks to NOLA for AD?

Then AD becomes a Laker the next following season. At least AD wouldn't have to move from his new place.

Dade County
02-06-2019, 08:33 PM

Pat wouldn't make that trade, and I believe you know that.

HEAT fan says Hell no.

beasted86
02-06-2019, 08:39 PM

HEAT fan says Hell no.

Agreed. I don't want Headcase Jimmy costing us $32M even if he stayed.

Miami needs a younger star or to start a full rebuild from any trades.

Chronz
02-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Some redditor noted tobias keeps getting traded to teams with the same red white and blue color scheme

Chronz
02-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Then AD becomes a Laker the next following season. At least AD wouldn't have to move from his new place.

Not if kawhi comes too.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 09:06 PM

that is what happens when you are trying to integrate new top end stars and lack a ton of depth... we just got another all star and 2 good bench pieces that helped our starting unit and our depth... what is our net rating for our starters since the butler trade?

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 09:26 PM
process complete

Sixers' starting lineup on Feb. 8, 2017:
PG: T.J. McConnell
SG: Gerald Henderson
SF: Robert Covington
PF: Ersan Ilyasova
C: Jahlil Okafor

Sixers' potential starting lineup on Feb. 8, 2019:
PG: Ben Simmons
SG: JJ Redick
SF: Jimmy Butler
PF: Tobias Harris
C: Joel Embiid

12:53 PM - 6 Feb 2019

IndyRealist
02-06-2019, 09:38 PM
process complete

Somewhere, Hinkie is kicking back and lighting a cigar.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Somewhere, Hinkie is kicking back and lighting a cigar.

he will forever be loved and honored by our city even if we never make the finals or win... the dude beat the system and if not for silver forcing the disease that is the colangelo we would have never made the fultz trade and ****ed up with noel.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 10:34 PM

HEAT fan says Hell no.

Arguably the most biased fan base behind only the Lakers. JRich is nothing special, if Miami is going to say no to tanking and would rather be ďcompetitiveĒ then get better players when the opportunity presents itself.

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 10:45 PM
Arguably the most biased fan base behind only the Lakers. JRich is nothing special, if Miami is going to say no to tanking and would rather be ďcompetitiveĒ then get better players when the opportunity presents itself.

i will say this... you stick to your guns and call a spade a spade while just wanting to win. I am shocked myself at things Pat has not done and expected more but you have been 100 percent on point about your team all year.

Saddletramp
02-06-2019, 11:18 PM
process complete

Iíve never been a big ďtankĒ guy but why on earth arenít everyone besides the Warriors, Bucks, Raptors, Nuggets, Rockets, Celtics, Thunder and Sixers not tanking right now? I know Iím forgetting a team or two but more than half the league should just start the tank now and only keep their top guys like Doncic, Lilliard, etc.....

Obviously everyone canít do it but if Iím Orlando or Memphis or Phoenix I go into sell mode and hope to get to where the Sixers are now. Some of these owners only care about getting bounced in the first round 4-0 because ďat least we made the playoffsĒ instead of starting from scratch and hitting on all cylinders in a few years. Iím sure Philly fans hated those really bad years but now when you see what that can do in the long term, you take it.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 11:19 PM
process complete

The way jahlil is playing recently, very good chance it's a wash at C.

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 11:34 PM
Iíve never been a big ďtankĒ guy but why on earth arenít everyone besides the Warriors, Bucks, Raptors, Nuggets, Rockets, Celtics, Thunder and Sixers not tanking right now? I know Iím forgetting a team or two but more than half the league should just start the tank now and only keep their top guys like Doncic, Lilliard, etc.....

Obviously everyone canít do it but if Iím Orlando or Memphis or Phoenix I go into sell mode and hope to get to where the Sixers are now. Some of these owners only care about getting bounced in the first round 4-0 because ďat least we made the playoffsĒ instead of starting from scratch and hitting on all cylinders in a few years. Iím sure Philly fans hated those really bad years but now when you see what that can do in the long term, you take it.

how do all those teams tank? Someone's got to lose. Mathematically, it wouldn't really make much sense. Plus, I believe NBA fines and investigates teams that are purposely tanking. you gotta make it believable. Every team tanking = lessens the product and affects the league from the bottom up. It's better a few teams tank and the rest play up to par.

LA_Raiders
02-06-2019, 11:40 PM
Hell of a team on paper; letís see if they can play together; if they do, they are going to the finals.

Giannis94
02-06-2019, 11:44 PM
Hell of a team on paper; letís see if they can play together; if they do, they are going to the finals.

Not with the best team in the NBA in the east. But let's ignore that

FlashBolt
02-06-2019, 11:48 PM
Not with the best team in the NBA in the east. But let's ignore that

the problem is if you can beat them 4 times in a series. I don't think so. Giannis is the best player out of everyone but he ain't outscoring those five guys on the Sixers

gogo
02-07-2019, 12:13 AM
Great move by West to dump Harris. He's way overrated and certainly not worthy of a multi year $30mil per contract.

The clips are well situated with multiple no.1 future picks and a ton of cap space moving forward.

Cracka2HI!
02-07-2019, 12:24 AM
Really like the trade for both teams, more importantly the Clippers. It's really the direction of the team I like. They wouldn't have been smart to overpay Tobais. Let someone else do it. He's a very good player but unless you're in a situation like Philly he's not someone you can spend your cap on. Philly will likely go into the tax and can keep their core if they play it right. The Clippers have their sights set on bigger fish. I have my doubts as to if they'll actually land someone but even if they don't I'd rather have the Miami pick than Harris with a chance he walks for nothing. He certainly isn't a #1 and probably would have had to been if the Clippers re-signed him for the $ he will get. If the Clippers wanted to lock themselves in as an 8 seed caliber team maxing Harris would have been the best way to do it. I'm glad they went a different direction but it does hurt to see a good player and great guy get traded.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 01:17 AM

i loved them lol... My hell was the 5 years before the tank when we had iggy as the guy and he would brick game winner after game winner trying to be lebron.... I am with you... If I am half the league I would 100 percent tank and its not the tank teams fault... Stars are *****es now days and stars want the easiest ride possible.

More-Than-Most
02-07-2019, 01:26 AM
This is the process boys lol

https://i.redd.it/m16otpj4pze21.jpg

I think this lin is allowed... its just a pic.

Saddletramp
02-07-2019, 01:40 AM
how do all those teams tank? Someone's got to lose. Mathematically, it wouldn't really make much sense. Plus, I believe NBA fines and investigates teams that are purposely tanking. you gotta make it believable. Every team tanking = lessens the product and affects the league from the bottom up. It's better a few teams tank and the rest play up to par.

Obviously, not everyoneís going to tank. But if Iím one of these quasi-playoff teams, I think of the future over just getting a couple of playoff home games. If the league becomes 8 good teams and the rest are **** trying to temporarily get ********, then itíll be a mess. As is? Thereís just too many garbage teams that are never going to be contenders yet still make little moves to get a little bit better.

Honestly, with the Warriors having a stranglehold on the league thanks to a pair of pussyass*****es, why not re-group and re-prioritize? And if the NBA doesnít like it, fix your brokenass CBA. No one wants to sign a big deal (without getting overpaid) with a dozen of these teams.

Saddletramp
02-07-2019, 01:43 AM
i loved them lol... My hell was the 5 years before the tank when we had iggy as the guy and he would brick game winner after game winner trying to be lebron.... I am with you... If I am half the league I would 100 percent tank and its not the tank teams fault... Stars are *****es now days and stars want the easiest ride possible.

Yeah, there needs to be a new system or just contract a handful of teams. The big timers want to play in the big cities for the most part and not even RFA is going to help them especially if more guys start using the Qualifying Offer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Reports are 76ers moved onto Tobias after being denied of Fultz and two second round picks for Mirotic.

Tg11
02-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Tobias plays tonight

Mr.B
02-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Is the Sixers plan to resign Harris?

warfelg
02-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Is the Sixers plan to resign Harris?

Si

GREATNESS ONE
02-10-2019, 02:13 PM
What a great pick up for the 76ers, I have them favored w/ Toronto to reach the Finals.... the East playoffs are going to be a treat this year with

Toronto
76ers
Milwaukee
Boston

Cracka2HI!
02-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Clippers have a 28 point comeback against Boston with Landry Shamet playing a big role! Wonder if the Clippers will make the playoffs even after the trade. I'm not sure if Chandler can still contribute when he comes back in 2 weeks but on paper I think he fits nicely in the starting lineup next to his good friend Gallo.

Chronz
02-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Clippers have a 28 point comeback against Boston with Landry Shamet playing a big role! Wonder if the Clippers will make the playoffs even after the trade. I'm not sure if Chandler can still contribute when he comes back in 2 weeks but on paper I think he fits nicely in the starting lineup next to his good friend Gallo.

Lol for real. I was hoping we would tank but doc really gets the most out of scrappers. It won him his first coy in Orlando when they barely missed the loffs