PDA

View Full Version : Is James Harden now the best player in the world?

More-Than-Most
02-05-2019, 12:38 AM
Watching harden this year i hate the dude but how can anyone argue against it? He isnt just doing it on offense but every game it seems like he has 3 steals and some blocks... Tonight was just another example of his dominance and i have not seen a guy completely take over nomatter who is around him while teams are coming in to stop just him. We are seeing a season... Right now James harden might pass jordans single season scoring season while dominating him in almost every other statistical offensive area as well.... I have a hard time taking anyone over lebron James as the best in the world until he actually declines but its hard to bypass just how great of a season James harden is having

Giannis94
02-05-2019, 01:08 AM
Embiid us greater and gin na make wet my oants again. So the answer is no

More-Than-Most
02-05-2019, 01:45 AM
Embiid us greater and gin na make wet my oants again. So the answer is no

Joel and Giannis are def great... top 5 in the sport.... I just dont think either guy could be inserted in place of harden and do what hes doing or lead the rockets to the wins they are getting... to me KL is probably the best 2 way player on the planet but even he couldnt do what harden is doing and I am not sure lebron at his basketball age with the miles he has could carry a team like harden is doing... This is pretty nuts right now.

Chronz
02-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Its like watching drob trying to trick yourself into thinking he's on Dreams level

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 08:45 AM
the only thing he does better than anyone is get to the free throw line.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2019, 08:53 AM
the only thing he does better than anyone is get to the free throw line.

then you look at advanced stats/ppg/per/vorp/ws and realize you are completely wrong. He is so far above everyone else this year its insane.

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 08:59 AM
then you look at advanced stats/ppg/per/vorp/ws and realize you are completely wrong. He is so far above everyone else this year its insane.

how about watch a game. he gets bailed out by refs far to often. he gets momentum changes from the refs as well as defenders giving him too much space because of his obvious attempts to create contact. same **** every year. except when the playoffs come around and the calls dry up.

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 09:03 AM
I will say that he operates within the rules and manipulates the game to his advantage like no other. as much as I despise his game I do acknowledge he is special. not best player in the world special but top 5 in the league easily. the thing is that he is good enough to not constantly look for fouls which is the most irritating thing about it.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2019, 09:27 AM
how about watch a game. he gets bailed out by refs far to often. he gets momentum changes from the refs as well as defenders giving him too much space because of his obvious attempts to create contact. same **** every year. except when the playoffs come around and the calls dry up.

:laugh:

IndyRealist
02-05-2019, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure I'd take any player over Giannis this year.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2019, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure I'd take any player over Giannis this year.

Harden

Giannis/Jokic

Nobody else is really close. I have no issues if people like giannis but if we look at the teams its not close... if you put giannis on the warriors he like anyone else would be exposed because they would just force him to shoot which you cant do to harden.... harden is just on a different level all together.

IndyRealist
02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Harden

Giannis/Jokic

Nobody else is really close. I have no issues if people like giannis but if we look at the teams its not close... if you put giannis on the warriors he like anyone else would be exposed because they would just force him to shoot which you cant do to harden.... harden is just on a different level all together.

If you could force Giannis to shoot, people would have done it by now.

c.c.
02-05-2019, 09:48 AM
I will say that he operates within the rules and manipulates the game to his advantage like no other. as much as I despise his game I do acknowledge he is special. not best player in the world special but top 5 in the league easily. the thing is that he is good enough to not constantly look for fouls which is the most irritating thing about it.

As a Rockets supporter I tried to stay away from this but I canít help it.

Harden game is not the most appealing style, especially if you a fan of the opposing team but itís a lot things Harden has done that most canít.

He has carried his team to the playoffs every year heís be here. Itís a lot a good players in the league that canít even do that without needing a ton of help. Speaking of help, Harden donít beg players every year to come play with him. He put the team on his shoulders and go do what he have to do. In the West I must add

Check out his first year starting 5 roster

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Patrick Patterson
÷mer Asik

Not a lot guys you can swap him with and clinch a playoff spot with this team against a stacked West.

2012 season: 45-37 (Lose to the Thunder 1st round)
2013 season: 54-28 (lose the Blazers 1st round)
2014 season: 56-26 (lose in Warriors conference finals)
2015 season: 41-41 (lose to the Warriors 1st round)
2016 season: 55-27 (lose to Spurs 2nd round)
2017 season: 65-17 (lose to the Warriors conference finals)

He needs more respect, none of those teams was stacked by the way.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2019, 09:49 AM
If you could force Giannis to shoot, people would have done it by now.

they did last year and let him get his and the team suffered because of it... now he has shooters galore on top of another inside scoring player etc... he is def amazing but if you put him on the rockets you could just double him and force him to shoot deep shots which is still a weakness.

19 percent from 3.... he also doesnt shoot much from anywhere outside of the rim... 3-10 feet he is shooting 31 percent... 10-16 feet 35 percent... now he does shoot well 16feet but he doesnt shoot much and then when he goes beyond 3 its 19 percent....

at the rim he has shot 490 FGA with 376 FGM.... if you dont allow him to get to the rim he would get exposed. Harden doesnt have this weakness.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Nope. No matter what he continues to do in the regular season, until he can sustain playoff dominance, none of it matters. He is the anti-LeBron, meaning LeBron could lay an egg all regular season, and people would still call him the best because they know what is coming when the playoffs start.

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 10:32 AM
As a Rockets supporter I tried to stay away from this but I canít help it.

Harden game is not the most appealing style, especially if you a fan of the opposing team but itís a lot things Harden has done that most canít.

He has carried his team to the playoffs every year heís be here. Itís a lot a good players in the league that canít even do that without needing a ton of help. Speaking of help, Harden donít beg players every year to come play with him. He put the team on his shoulders and go do what he have to do. In the West I must add

Check out his first year starting 5 roster

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Patrick Patterson
÷mer Asik

Not a lot guys you can swap him with and clinch a playoff spot with this team against a stacked West.

2012 season: 45-37 (Lose to the Thunder 1st round)
2013 season: 54-28 (lose the Blazers 1st round)
2014 season: 56-26 (lose in Warriors conference finals)
2015 season: 41-41 (lose to the Warriors 1st round)
2016 season: 55-27 (lose to Spurs 2nd round)
2017 season: 65-17 (lose to the Warriors conference finals)

He needs more respect, none of those teams was stacked by the way.

i think he gets respect. not so much on this site but overall i think everyone knows how much he does with less.

IndyRealist
02-05-2019, 10:32 AM
they did last year and let him get his and the team suffered because of it... now he has shooters galore on top of another inside scoring player etc... he is def amazing but if you put him on the rockets you could just double him and force him to shoot deep shots which is still a weakness.

19 percent from 3.... he also doesnt shoot much from anywhere outside of the rim... 3-10 feet he is shooting 31 percent... 10-16 feet 35 percent... now he does shoot well 16feet but he doesnt shoot much and then when he goes beyond 3 its 19 percent....

at the rim he has shot 490 FGA with 376 FGM.... if you dont allow him to get to the rim he would get exposed. Harden doesnt have this weakness.

If you don't allow Harden into the paint, blah blah blah.

archdevil84
02-05-2019, 10:33 AM
I think lebron could pretty easily do the same things that harden is doing right now but he's pacing himself or just doesnt care enough about the reg season, probably a bit of both

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Hawkeye15
02-05-2019, 11:07 AM
I think lebron could pretty easily do the same things that harden is doing right now but he's pacing himself or just doesnt care enough about the reg season, probably a bit of both

he used to do what Harden is doing, as well as be an elite defender, and also carry it over into the playoffs.

Htownballa1622
02-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Best player in the world? No

Best offensive player in regular season? Argument can be had.

He is the best at drawing contact, stepback 3s, and infuriating opponents ans fans.

Also, Lebron could be the same offensive force but never as deadly a 3 point shooter. Harden's ability to shoot that step back 3 has elevated his offensive game.

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 11:20 AM

He is the best at drawing contact, stepback 3s, and infuriating opponents ans fans.

Also, Lebron could be the same offensive force but never as deadly a 3 point shooter. Harden's ability to shoot that step back 3 has elevated his offensive game.

that travel back 3 is pretty unstoppable.

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 11:25 AM

not sure who would be in the convo for being better right now

Scoots
02-05-2019, 11:30 AM

He doesn't ALWAYS travel.

Scoots
02-05-2019, 11:30 AM
not sure who would be in the convo for being better right now

If you take Harden's volume and apply it to other ultra efficient players maybe?

Heediot
02-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Harden

Giannis/Jokic

Giannis would feast oif he were on the Warriors. With all that spacing you have to respect he'd rack-up high percentages shots and or assists. He'll play the 4-5 and take the big off the dribble for an easy look or pass.

GREATNESS ONE
02-05-2019, 11:58 AM

c.c.
02-05-2019, 11:59 AM

I admit he has traveled before while doing his signature stepback three but he doesnít every time.

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 12:00 PM
If you take Harden's volume and apply it to other ultra efficient players maybe?

that's the thing though nobody else is taking north of 35 shots a game (account for the shots he gets fouled on).

being the most efficient on that much usage is difficult to appreciate when he is the only one there.

Htownballa1622
02-05-2019, 12:05 PM

lol. That one against Utah early in season was bad but he has done that travel maybe 3 times all year. He's completed that move without traveling probably 95% of the time.

The person that's in the convo imo is Steph when he gets going.

Chronz
02-05-2019, 12:40 PM
he used to do what Harden is doing, as well as be an elite defender, and also carry it over into the playoffs.
He never got the chance to play under dantoni tho. Could you imagine

Rivera
02-05-2019, 12:43 PM
i might be able to be convinced hes the best regular season player in the league

dudes last 2-3 regular seasons have been insane

Hawkeye15
02-05-2019, 12:58 PM
He never got the chance to play under dantoni tho. Could you imagine

I think you mean D'Antoni never got a chance to play under LeBron

Vee-Rex
02-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Nope.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Its like watching drob trying to trick yourself into thinking he's on Dreams level

You need to stop. I doubt you watched much Drob or Dream live.

Drob dropped 71

He and Dream are the only two in the modern era to record a quadruple double.

Drob has 10 years of advanced stats better than Dreams best year.

Dream had a coach, Drob didnít until Pop came after he was out of his Prime.

Dream had perennial all stars as teamates

ewing
02-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

valade16
02-05-2019, 01:51 PM

Drob dropped 71

Dream had perennial all stars as teammates

What are you talking about? The first Championship Hakeem's teammates had a combined 2 All-Star appearances (Otis Thorpe once and Sam Cassell once 10 years later).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2019, 01:58 PM
What are you talking about? The first Championship Hakeem's teammates had a combined 2 All-Star appearances (Otis Thorpe once and Sam Cassell once 10 years later).

Cassell was a beast as a rookie though. I watched them Rocket teams with the Dream and Mad Max and OT and Cassell.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2019, 02:03 PM

And the second?...thatís what Iím talking bout. And all that other stuff...coach etc

IKnowHoops
02-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Cassell was a beast as a rookie though. I watched them Rocket teams with the Dream and Mad Max and OT and Cassell.

Shhhhhhhh. Donít tell them the truth

IKnowHoops
02-05-2019, 02:06 PM

I love is two step back 3

MygirlhatesCod
02-05-2019, 02:10 PM

i was surprised to see that Kenny smith never made one.

the only all star during the actual years the dream won was clyde.

Heediot
02-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Thorpe was a solid starter, above average you can say. Maxwell was a weak volume scorer. Cassell and Horry were like rookies or close to it.

Sean Elliot was on Thorpe level, both guys had one guy like those and a bunch of role players.

Hakeem did have an older Clyde when they traded him for Thorpe and won the back end of the titles. Clyde was still an all-star player.

I think they both had the same level of talent to work with wen you compare Hakeems first chip to what Robinson had during his prime.

valade16
02-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Shhhhhhhh. Donít tell them the truth

What truth? Sure, for a rookie Sam Cassell was pretty good for scoring 6 points a game on 41% shooting (29% from 3) playing 17 minutes a night. That's a FAR CRY from All-Star though.

And the second?...thatís what Iím talking bout. And all that other stuff...coach etc

The Second they traded for Clyde Drexler. So in 2 titles Hakeem had a perennial All-Star once for only one title.

crewfan13
02-05-2019, 02:38 PM
Joel and Giannis are def great... top 5 in the sport.... I just dont think either guy could be inserted in place of harden and do what hes doing or lead the rockets to the wins they are getting... to me KL is probably the best 2 way player on the planet but even he couldnt do what harden is doing and I am not sure lebron at his basketball age with the miles he has could carry a team like harden is doing... This is pretty nuts right now.

I've always hated the you couldn't insert player x into player y spot and have the same result. Of course not, but both Giannis and harden have such different styles and their teams are designed to maximize the style. Would harden have the bucks at the level they're at with harden playing hero ball every night? I'd argue no.

Im fine arguing harden is better, but using the excuse that Giannis couldnt be dropped into hardens spot isn't a great argument since that team is sort of built to allow harden to do his thing.

I also think theres an arguement ths durant could trade places and do what harden does, he just hasnt needed to in awhile. If you gave Durant that team and freedom, it would be interesting.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2019, 02:40 PM

Drob dropped 71

Dream was easily the better player dude.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Lebron.

That being said, harden is playing amazing so far. Hopefully he continues this tear in the playoffs.

Rivera
02-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Drob dropped 71

keep dying on this hill but its entertaining as heck

FlashBolt
02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Lmao, this guy is really trying to push D.Rob so hard that he's even convinced himself D.Rob is better than Hakeem. Only reason D.Rob has rings is due to Timmy D. Let's get real.

Scoots
02-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Yes

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

Hehe

Does your sense of humor get you in trouble with people who don't know you?

More-Than-Most
02-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Giannis would feast oif he were on the Warriors. With all that spacing you have to respect he'd rack-up high percentages shots and or assists. He'll play the 4-5 and take the big off the dribble for an easy look or pass.

i meant the rockets lol.

LA_Raiders
02-06-2019, 02:36 AM
No, he needs to learn how to play defense.

Chronz
02-06-2019, 07:59 AM

Drob dropped 71

So? I never told you my origin story? Dreams the literal reason I became a junkie

gogo
02-07-2019, 05:44 AM
The best flopper and ref baiter in the world, yes.