PDA

View Full Version : Markelle Fultz: Injury or The Yips?

R. Johnson#3
02-02-2019, 04:32 AM
It's time to pick a side. Is it a legitimate shoulder injury (regardless of how it happened) or is it the yips (mental)?

I say it's the yips. I just can't buy that he's had a nagging shoulder injury for two years with how hesitant he is to take a jumper. You usually see this type of thing in baseball or golf. I have a hard time recalling anyone in the NBA with the yips before but this is definitely it.

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 04:59 AM
Who cares about this kid already? He led a 9-22 College team. The previous year they were 19-15. Post-Fultz, they were 21-13. They are currently 17-4. Now I know this isn't fair to blame Fultz but if he was THAT good, they shouldn't have been THAT bad. They were a garbage team. While Lonzo was winning and leading his team to 31-5, Fultz was just losing games. There was nothing about this kid that spelled winner. Time to move on, ship him for a bag of rocks, and stop wasting the Sixers time. Sixers have massive potential, Fultz does not and he definitely isn't worth the trouble unless you're a team that doesn't care about winning. Imagine if Sixers drafted Tatum instead. Yikes.. Talk about getting fleeced by the Celtics.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 05:21 AM
Who cares about this kid already? He led a 9-22 College team. The previous year they were 19-15. Post-Fultz, they were 21-13. They are currently 17-4. Now I know this isn't fair to blame Fultz but if he was THAT good, they shouldn't have been THAT bad. They were a garbage team. While Lonzo was winning and leading his team to 31-5, Fultz was just losing games. There was nothing about this kid that spelled winner. Time to move on, ship him for a bag of rocks, and stop wasting the Sixers time. Sixers have massive potential, Fultz does not and he definitely isn't worth the trouble unless you're a team that doesn't care about winning. Imagine if Sixers drafted Tatum instead. Yikes.. Talk about getting fleeced by the Celtics.

lol ball.... How about this then?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400947330

I guess this means Fox is a hall of famer compared to lonzo Amirite? You want to talk about being fleeced you should check what lavar ball did to the lakers forcing them to draft ball over that same guy tatum... Ball cant score to save his life... Fultz at least had a pair and would drive lonzo is scared to do that... Fun not fultz while injured and with a horrid shooting form didnt really put up worse numbers then ball compared to minutes played

Fultz- 8/4/3 on 42/29/57 22 MPG

Ball- 10/5/5 on 40/33/41 with 8 more minutes played per game than fultz LUL.

it must suck knowing a dude that has the yips or is injured can basically be that close to someone who isnt injured or have the yips. Fultz has had 34 games and atleast deserves a chance to prove he can play... ball has had 3 times as many games to show he is the same sad player he was... How many times do we need to watch ball put up 0 points in a 30 plus minute game he has played

Dont worry we get it your a new found laker fan who was hard on ball last year until this year and thus now you back him per usual.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 05:43 AM
As for the topic he could very well be injured... its hard to say. He def deserves a chance to at least show he can play because trading him when his stock is the lowest is stupid. He started to excel on defense and has shown flashes of being a damn good finisher and an amazing driver but his shot it just ****ed... if that is the injury then we are in good shape but if he returns and the therapy did nothing we move on in the off season and save the 7 mill or whatever... One thing is for sure right now even with tatum not progressing like people thought the celtics 100 percent won that trade right now and dodged a bullet with fultz/lonzo... I can admit when i was wrong ask flash who he would rather have right now lonzo or tatum LUL.

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 05:44 AM

I guess this means Fox is a hall of famer compared to lonzo Amirite? You want to talk about being fleeced you should check what lavar ball did to the lakers forcing them to draft ball over that same guy tatum... Ball cant score to save his life... Fultz at least had a pair and would drive lonzo is scared to do that... Fun not fultz while injured and with a horrid shooting form didnt really put up worse numbers then ball compared to minutes played

it must suck knowing a dude that has the yips or is injured can basically be that close to someone who isnt injured or have the yips. Fultz has had 34 games and atleast deserves a chance to prove he can play... ball has had 3 times as many games to show he is the same sad player he was... How many times do we need to watch ball put up 0 points in a 30 plus minute game he has played

How did I know you were going to bring that game up? Did you think I brought Lonzo up randomly? I knew you would be triggered. You're very predictable. I was waiting for it to be posted. yeah, one game. What was UCLA's record with Lonzo? Check the pre-Lonzo/post-Lonzo. That draft had Lonzo anywhere in the top five so that's not getting fleeced. In hindsight, yes, every team should have had Tatum or Fox in their order but where would they have Fultz right now? He wouldn't even be drafted, get real. And why do you type like a teenage girl on her period who just had her iPhone taken away? LUL? The fck is that? I'd be embarrassed if I was a man typing out LUL like it's some sort of provokative word. Nice, you put up stats. Now go find me one person on planet Earth who thinks Fultz is more valuable than Ball right now.. None. But as always, you jump to conclusions. Just like how you said without Klay, Warriors were 4-10 and that "Curry doesn't need Klay, huh?" but didn't realize that Curry was absent in the majority of those games as well. If you're going to try and make a point, at least do some research before making misinformed post(s).

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 05:48 AM
How did I know you were going to bring that game up? Did you think I brought Lonzo up randomly? I knew you would be triggered. You're very predictable. I was waiting for it to be posted. yeah, one game. What was UCLA's record with Lonzo? Check the pre-Lonzo/post-Lonzo. That draft had Lonzo anywhere in the top five so that's not getting fleeced. In hindsight, yes, every team should have had Tatum or Fox in their order but where would they have Fultz right now? He wouldn't even be drafted, get real. And why do you type like a teenage girl on her period who just had her iPhone taken away? LUL? The fck is that? I'd be embarrassed if I was a man typing out LUL like it's some sort of provokative word. Nice, you put up stats. Now go find me one person on planet Earth who thinks Fultz is more valuable than Ball right now.. None. But as always, you jump to conclusions. Just like how you said without Klay, Warriors were 4-10 and that "Curry doesn't need Klay, huh?" but didn't realize that Curry was absent in the majority of those games as well. If you're going to try and make a point, at least do some research before making misinformed post(s).

lol wait so you came into a thread and posted just so id respond to you? are you really that lonely and sad???? its an internet forum my dude no need to try so hard to get my attention... Lets be real you didnt have a clue you just got called out on your same dumb crap you try to pull daily... let me ask you though when they trade their core how long before you start calling their core trash because they no longer are on the new team you now follow? Also if the lakers were to trade lebron next year to another team would you then jump to that team as well and bring up the same hypocritical stuff per usual? and lastly what is this issue you have with females? Were you not hugged enough by mommy? LUL

You admit at trying to bait me and then get butthurt and rage when i give you factual information to destroy your sad points... Interesting.

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:00 AM
As for the topic he could very well be injured... its hard to say. He def deserves a chance to at least show he can play because trading him when his stock is the lowest is stupid. He started to excel on defense and has shown flashes of being a damn good finisher and an amazing driver but his shot it just ****ed... if that is the injury then we are in good shape but if he returns and the therapy did nothing we move on in the off season and save the 7 mill or whatever... One thing is for sure right now even with tatum not progressing like people thought the celtics 100 percent won that trade right now and dodged a bullet with fultz/lonzo... I can admit when i was wrong ask flash who he would rather have right now lonzo or tatum LUL.

Can you prove Tatum will be a better player than Lonzo in the future? No. So just wait and see instead of thinking you're right. If I am wrong in the future, I'll see you then. Until that happens, you're just upset that anyone who post anything bad about the Sixers, you just get emotional. You literally might be bipolar because some game threads you're bashing the Sixers but the next you're back like you're their soccer mom. Admit when you were wrong? LMAO. You're the one who said Celtics were making a mistake by drafting JT over JJ..

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:03 AM
lol wait so you came into a thread and posted just so id respond to you? are you really that lonely and sad???? its an internet forum my dude no need to try so hard to get my attention... Lets be real you didnt have a clue you just got called out on your same dumb crap you try to pull daily... let me ask you though when they trade their core how long before you start calling their core trash because they no longer are on the new team you now follow? Also if the lakers were to trade lebron next year to another team would you then jump to that team as well and bring up the same hypocritical stuff per usual? and lastly what is this issue you have with females? Were you not hugged enough by mommy? LUL

You admit at trying to bait me and then get butthurt and rage when i give you factual information to destroy your sad points... Interesting.

You seriously type like you're 12, man. I can't take you serious when you type with LUL, have 100,000 posts and claim I'm lonely and sad. It's quite ironic you even think the way you do. At least when I'm typing, it occurs all at once. You're on here sporadically at every hour. Same dumb crap I try to pull daily? Dude, all you do is circle jerk with your Philly fans. At least I make posts criticizing even players I like. You can't accept anything of the contrary and then you proceed to type like you live in your mom's basement playing Fortnite. Prove me wrong..?

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:03 AM
Can you prove Tatum will be a better player than Lonzo in the future? No. So just wait and see instead of thinking you're right. If I am wrong in the future, I'll see you then. Until that happens, you're just upset that anyone who post anything bad about the Sixers, you just get emotional. You literally might be bipolar because some game threads you're bashing the Sixers but the next you're back like you're their soccer mom. Admit when you were wrong? LMAO. You're the one who said Celtics were making a mistake by drafting JT over JJ..

yet you are in here speaking about fultz lolololol... this is what i mean about how hypocritical you are... This is so easy its sad my dude. Again even with him limitations he still produces similar to ball with less than half the games played yet you are in here saying to give up on a dude just because of this love you have for your brand new team but then respond with can you prove tatum will be better than ball in the future? :laugh:

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:06 AM
You seriously type like you're 12, man. I can't take you serious when you type with LUL, have 100,000 posts and claim I'm lonely and sad. It's quite ironic you even think the way you do. At least when I'm typing, it occurs all at once. You're on here sporadically at every hour. Same dumb crap I try to pull daily? Dude, all you do is circle jerk with your Philly fans. At least I make posts criticizing even players I like. You can't accept anything of the contrary and then you proceed to type like you live in your mom's basement playing Fortnite. Prove me wrong..?

lol its an internet forum... some on here actually know me personally and can in fact prove it for me but ITS AN INTERNET FORUM... Lol.. I dont really care what you think if it doesnt involve sports. For whatever reason you jump from team to team and have a strong distaste for females all while trying really really hard to get my attention like you stated in your post. This is adorable.

As far as circle jerking with my philly fans that is false but your continual hate for the philadelphia fanbase and teams is quite astonishing.

Lil Rhody
02-02-2019, 06:12 AM
Their GM is trash And screwed this team over ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:14 AM
yet you are in here speaking about fultz lolololol... this is what i mean about how hypocritical you are... This is so easy its sad my dude. Again even with him limitations he still produces similar to ball with less than half the games played yet you are in here saying to give up on a dude just because of this love you have for your brand new team but then respond with can you prove tatum will be better than ball in the future? :laugh:

I'm going to spell it out for ya, okay Mr. LUL?

1) Yeah, I'm talking about Fultz in a thread about Fultz. Is that a crime?

2) Hypocrite? Fultz is coming off a serious injury and no one knows his actual status. Fultz has done NOTHING and doesn't even attempt to shoot a three anymore. No one even cares to trade for Fultz. At least the Pelicans are interested in Lonzo. Who is interested in Fultz? You don't seem to be able to connect the dots. I am willing to bet you are very poorly compensated for your line of work because it seems mental thinking isn't your best trait. Again, can you stop typing like a teenage girl? It's embarrassing. You type like you're trying to impress your high school boyfriend. Re-read your b/s and imagine you had a son in his what? Early 30's typing that way? Jesus Christ.

3) I said give up on the dude because you're a championship contender in the near future and having this talk about Fultz is seriously becoming a joke at this point. I'm sorry you can't read. The educational system failed you.

4) I wasn't that high with Tatum to begin with. I think he's a slightly better version of Kuzma. I'm high in Lonzo because when I watch him play, his only issue is not making threes/FT's but he does everything else at a high level. You're just way too incompetent. Too busy on PSD making 100,000 posts and calling people lonely and sad. Also, can you admit you were wrong for saying Celtics made a mistake by drafting Jayson Tatum over Josh Jackson? You completely glossed over that for some particular reason. Tatum tries to be "Kobe" too much and that doesn't work as well as it used to.

5) Factual information? Just like you claiming Curry was 4-10 without Klay the past three seasons and then stopped responding when I mentioned that Curry was also missing in many of those games? It wasn't factual. It's you being misinformed, uneducated, and too emotional.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:14 AM
Their GM is trash And screwed this team over ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

this is def true... us philly fans hated colangelo when he was forced on us.

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:17 AM
lol its an internet forum... some on here actually know me personally and can in fact prove it for me but ITS AN INTERNET FORUM... Lol.. I dont really care what you think if it doesnt involve sports. For whatever reason you jump from team to team and have a strong distaste for females all while trying really really hard to get my attention like you stated in your post. This is adorable.

As far as circle jerking with my philly fans that is false but your continual hate for the philadelphia fanbase and teams is quite astonishing.

So you have an internet personality, too? Lmao, too embarrassed of yourself, huh? Jump from team to team, yeah, that's funny. I'm a LeBron fan so I very much support the team he is in. That's very common in sports. I root for Seattle and by default, support OKC. I root for the Knicks because I live in NYC and times are great here when NYK and Yankees are winning. I support the team LeBron is in. This isn't jumping from team-to-team. It's me being honest about why I support these teams. But I've stated numerous things about LeBron that I've disliked and also, numerous things that I've disliked about OKC as well. As for my "hate" with Philly, scroll up. I literally state you guys have massive potential and are title contenders in the future. Hate? My God, you are really that emotional, huh?

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:18 AM
I'm going to spell it out for ya, okay Mr. LUL?

1) Yeah, I'm talking about Fultz in a thread about Fultz. Is that a crime?

2) Hypocrite? Fultz is coming off a serious injury and no one knows his actual status. Fultz has done NOTHING and doesn't even attempt to shoot a three anymore. No one even cares to trade for Fultz. At least the Pelicans are interested in Lonzo. Who is interested in Fultz? You don't seem to be able to connect the dots. I am willing to bet you are very poorly compensated for your line of work because it seems mental thinking isn't your best trait. Again, can you stop typing like a teenage girl? It's embarrassing. You type like you're trying to impress your high school boyfriend. Re-read your b/s and imagine you had a son in his what? Early 30's typing that way? Jesus Christ.

3) I said give up on the dude because you're a championship contender in the near future and having this talk about Fultz is seriously becoming a joke at this point. I'm sorry you can't read. The educational system failed you.

4) I wasn't that high with Tatum to begin with. I think he's a slightly better version of Kuzma. I'm high in Lonzo because when I watch him play, his only issue is not making threes/FT's but he does everything else at a high level. You're just way too incompetent. Too busy on PSD making 100,000 posts and calling people lonely and sad. Also, can you admit you were wrong for saying Celtics made a mistake by drafting Jayson Tatum over Josh Jackson? You completely glossed over that for some particular reason. Tatum tries to be "Kobe" too much and that doesn't work as well as it used to.

5) Factual information? Just like you claiming Curry was 4-10 without Klay the past three seasons and then stopped responding when I mentioned that Curry was also missing in many of those games? It wasn't factual. It's you being misinformed, uneducated, and too emotional.

:laugh:

see hypocrite... You speak about someone else being emotional when I have stuck strictly on sports and you are trying extremely extremely hard to attack me personally and tie me into your hate for females and emotions.... you are the one ranting post after post taking personal shots while i just provide facts... You are the one posting just to get my attention-your words not mine- and sit here and call someone else uneducated and too emotional xD LULZYLOLLFAO

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:23 AM

see hypocrite... You speak about someone else being emotional when I have stuck strictly on sports and you are trying extremely extremely hard to attack me personally and tie me into your hate for females and emotions.... you are the one ranting post after post taking personal shots while i just provide facts... You are the one posting just to get my attention-your words not mine- and sit here and call someone else uneducated and too emotional xD LULZYLOLLFAO

Good for you. I would rather just place you on ignore and not have to read comments from a 30 year + man typing the way you do. Just downright embarrassing. It takes me literally, two minutes to type something up like that because unlike you, I don't have an internet personality I need to protect. Again, refusing to admit he was wrong that Boston made a mistake picking JT over JJ but now claiming he admits when he is wrong. Refuses to admit he was wrong about Stephen Curry's record without Klay playing.. You don't admit when you're wrong at all. You just think that by typing it, you're not stubborn at all. Have fun. I know you will miss me when I ignore all your teenage posts.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:23 AM
as far as the other thread i didnt go back in there to realize you actually quoted me... my bad next time i will realize your stalk game is on point and check every thread i post in asap :laugh:

i just responded in there if you want to run and see xD

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:24 AM
Good for you. I would rather just place you on ignore and not have to read comments from a 30 year + man typing the way you do. Just downright embarrassing. It takes me literally, two minutes to type something up like that because unlike you, I don't have an internet personality I need to protect. Again, refusing to admit he was wrong that Boston made a mistake picking JT over JJ but now claiming he admits when he is wrong. Refuses to admit he was wrong about Stephen Curry's record without Klay playing.. You don't admit when you're wrong at all. You just think that by typing it, you're not stubborn at all. Have fun. I know you will miss me when I ignore all your teenage posts.

lmfao the anger. are you emotional right now????? :laugh:

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:26 AM
Upon putting MTM on ignore, his homepage profile showed this:

https://i.gyazo.com/5bc26150d96299fe09fc12b19ded5517.png

"AJ Lee fanclub."

It all makes sense now.

More-Than-Most
02-02-2019, 06:28 AM
Upon putting MTM on ignore, his homepage profile showed this:

https://i.gyazo.com/5bc26150d96299fe09fc12b19ded5517.png

"AJ Lee fanclub."

It all makes sense now.

The amount of anger right now... Also internet personality? I said they know me personally... meaning they can speak about me not loving in my moms basement xD.... Jesus you need to not be so... wait for it.... Emotional.

as far as that fan club stuff... weclome to the wrestling forum about 3 years ago where people werent as emotional as you.. you actually looked up something on my profile that I didnt even know existed :laugh:

You can put me on ignore but you clearly will never be able to stay away from me if you are looking up years of old stuff that involved the wrestling forum that most of us forgot about.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2019, 10:47 AM

76ers gave up a pick as well to move up a couple spots. Should of kept Tatum and traded Simmons for Kawhi. 76ers be #1 seed right now.

warfelg
02-02-2019, 10:51 AM
I think there's an injury that caused him to develop mental problems of getting past the injury itself.

Rivera
02-02-2019, 10:52 AM
wait whats wrong with AJ Lee? AJ Lee is awesome and shes pretty. Whats wrong with that?

ewing
02-02-2019, 10:55 AM

The amount of anger right now... Also internet personality? I said they know me personally... meaning they can speak about me not loving in my moms basement xD.... Jesus you need to not be so... wait for it.... Emotional.

as far as that fan club stuff... weclome to the wrestling forum about 3 years ago where people werent as emotional as you.. you actually looked up something on my profile that I didnt even know existed :laugh:

You can put me on ignore but you clearly will never be able to stay away from me if you are looking up years of old stuff that involved the wrestling forum that most of us forgot about.

I didn't know who she was before this. She's hot. No shame in that one MTM

Vallejo Raiders
02-02-2019, 01:20 PM

Dont worry we get it your a new found laker fan who was hard on ball last year until this year and thus now you back him per usual.

I guess Klay over Harden right. More turnovers then points right.....in the playoffs smh. Hardens a bust.....

Alayla
02-02-2019, 02:09 PM
this isn't even a question he's hurt

tp13baby
02-02-2019, 03:52 PM

As a guy from Colorado, CU being in the pac10 Fultz Washington was brutal. This assessment is a I Hate Fultz.

Lonzo had 4 other players on his team that are in the NBA. Isaac Hamilton is in the G league. Alford is in the g league.

Fultz second best player was David Crisp who sure as hell not going to the league. He is a senior now and he isnít even a top 3 player on Washington now. He was a sophomore back then.

The pac12 right now is garbage. So who gives a **** Washington has gotten better in terms of record. I would expect it since the Pac12 is a total joke and Washington plays 5 seniors, all will not make the league, and none of them are better than their 2 underclassmen.

JAZZNC
02-02-2019, 04:21 PM
He is both physically and mentally broken at the moment. Will he ever get over it?? Who knows. Can't write the kid off yet but he has a LONG way to go.

PAOboston
02-02-2019, 04:27 PM
The dude is mentally broke. I think the pressure got to him. I donít think he is injured. That is just an excuse to save some face. Two years into this deal, heís looking like one of the greatest busts in NBA history.

If he this guy has any chance to make it, he needs a fresh start in another city. As long as he is owned by Philly, heíll never have a chance to get right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TakeYourL
02-02-2019, 04:55 PM
I don't really think he was ever that good, he just somehow became a consensus pg god overnight somehow.

R. Johnson#3
02-02-2019, 05:31 PM
I think there's an injury that caused him to develop mental problems of getting past the injury itself.

That could be possible. Much like Mackey Sasser in the MLB.

TheDish87
02-05-2019, 09:59 AM
cant take this thread seriously when the entire first page is arguing over college careers that last 1 season lol

IndyRealist
02-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Is "yips" a regional term? Specific to one sport? I'm curious.

Scoots
02-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Is "yips" a regional term? Specific to one sport? I'm curious.

I've heard it in the mid-west (PA), west coast (CA), and south (GA, TX) ... so maybe not. I've heard it applied to golf, football, baseball, and basketball.

I think it means over-thinking the game, being nervous, and playing poorly because of it.

Scoots
02-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Wow ... went and looked and found a page about it on the Mayo Clinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/yips/symptoms-causes/syc-20379021

Ham on rye, hold the mayo.

IndyRealist
02-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Wow ... went and looked and found a page about it on the Mayo Clinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/yips/symptoms-causes/syc-20379021

Ham on rye, hold the mayo.
If it's primarily a golf thing it explains why I've never heard it before. Anxiety related focal dystonia I've heard of in people who perform repetitve tasks that you have to tense for, just didn't realize it had a name.

TheDish87
02-05-2019, 12:09 PM
I've heard it in the mid-west (PA), west coast (CA), and south (GA, TX) ... so maybe not. I've heard it applied to golf, football, baseball, and basketball.

I think it means over-thinking the game, being nervous, and playing poorly because of it.

there was a whole (great) episode a bout the yips on How I Met Your Mother. Thats where i first learned of it.

Scoots
02-05-2019, 12:34 PM
If it's primarily a golf thing it explains why I've never heard it before. Anxiety related focal dystonia I've heard of in people who perform repetitve tasks that you have to tense for, just didn't realize it had a name.

I didn't associate the two, I just always took it to be nervousness and over-thinking causing poor fine motor control. I've heard it applied to QBs in football coming back from injury suddenly losing their control and pitchers in baseball and shooters in basketball.