PDA

View Full Version : Did Lebron and the lakers Sell out the lakers core?

More-Than-Most
01-31-2019, 09:48 PM
Lots of talk about how lebron never actually wanted to continue with the core from the start but now with the AD thing looking like its close he decides all of a sudden he is playing tonight in a must win game... Was he milking the injury to try and show off these young pieces to get a star? Personally i think its smart but kind of slimy lol

This goes back to why its stupid to me that we expect players to show loyalty to a franchise and play through pain etc.

FlashBolt
01-31-2019, 09:52 PM
So trying to improve your team is selling out now? There is no selling out. It's a business. Players crying about being traded and how unfair it is should give all their money back and find a different place of employment if they are that offended by it. When LeBron came to the Lakers, it was already a given that players would be traded eventually. It wasn't news to anyone. Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma are simply too young to help a guy like LeBron at his age.

More-Than-Most
01-31-2019, 09:59 PM
So trying to improve your team is selling out now? There is no selling out. It's a business. Players crying about being traded and how unfair it is should give all their money back and find a different place of employment if they are that offended by it. When LeBron came to the Lakers, it was already a given that players would be traded eventually. It wasn't news to anyone. Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma are simply too young to help a guy like LeBron at his age.

the thing that is ****ed is as soon as a trade is close or in serious talks lebron is all of a sudden back when we was expected to be out for this must win game... Basically its like he used the injury for these guys to play and be trade bait over actually coming back to help... again its smart because it showed the organization that they needed to make a move but its also ****ed and again i am with you its a business but we also like to **** on players when they make business decisions

FlashBolt
01-31-2019, 10:11 PM
the thing that is ****ed is as soon as a trade is close or in serious talks lebron is all of a sudden back when we was expected to be out for this must win game... Basically its like he used the injury for these guys to play and be trade bait over actually coming back to help... again its smart because it showed the organization that they needed to make a move but its also ****ed and again i am with you its a business but we also like to **** on players when they make business decisions

Ehhh, that's a conspiracy.. His injury seems to take six weeks to heal and leBron has said he would play if it were the playoffs but they didn't want to take the risk in that if he pulls his groin muscle, it's a few months of recovery time. I don't blame KD for doing what's best for himself but there is no question he tipped the scale of competition drastically.

numba1CHANGsta
01-31-2019, 10:41 PM
The NBA is a business, no one owes no one anything. Each franchiseís objective every year is to win the NBA championship no matter what you have to do to achieve that goal.

Bostonjorge
01-31-2019, 11:28 PM
Davis is a golden ticket

The Lakers offer wonít be beat. The longer you wait the less value the Pelicans will get back. Something tells me Pelinka has the deal sealed and are just waiting for February 7.

ewing
01-31-2019, 11:31 PM
He's a narcissist

Heediot
01-31-2019, 11:34 PM
He's a narcissist

Truth.

I think MJ and Kobe were too, but those guys didn't try to fake their way around who they were. Bron spends too much time trying to look good/hero like through the media. Seeks validation and is too self conscious of image.

LaVar Ball
01-31-2019, 11:36 PM
Davis is a golden ticket

The Lakers offer wonít be beat. The longer you wait the less value the Pelicans will get back. Something tells me Pelinka has the deal sealed and are just waiting for February 7.
LOL this is laughable

Pelinka doesnít have **** down. He the most hated GM/former agent in the business.

TakeYourL
02-01-2019, 12:25 AM
Bron has never liked playing with young players. Of course he cant wait for them to be gone, so he can get on the court with AD and than the Lakers can sign melo too.

cmellofan15
02-01-2019, 12:28 AM
I thought he was coming back tonight so people wouldn't question him about resting and then coming back in the ASG :shrug:

More-Than-Most
02-01-2019, 02:08 AM
I thought he was coming back tonight so people wouldn't question him about resting and then coming back in the ASG :shrug:

he was 100 percent expected to miss this game which is honestly a must win.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-01-2019, 02:31 AM
A couple of things: AD is available, you let go of the farm. Their potential together is nowhere near the potential of AD.

2. Once AD has been taken, now is actually the perfect time to let go of your farm as there will be multiple bought out contracts.

So if you have let all of the youngins go, BYE.

they can always be replaced. As it is we already saw what they were capable of by themselves. With AD, that locks 2 stars in LA, and LA looks prime to load up on many many stars who would love to join.

Scoots
02-01-2019, 11:52 AM
I like the conspiracy idea that Kyrie and LeBron set this whole thing up from the beginning to get a super team in LA next year of Kyrie, Klay, KD, LeBron, and AD.

R. Johnson#3
02-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Truth.

I think MJ and Kobe were too, but those guys didn't try to fake their way around who they were. Bron spends too much time trying to look good/hero like through the media. Seeks validation and is too self conscious of image.

Agree with everything in this post. Kobe gave himself a nickname and MJ charged people 5 grand for his basketball camp. Two gigantic narcicissts. Lebron is too but he wants to be loved so damn badly.

valade16
02-01-2019, 12:51 PM
How is this game a must win? There's 30 games to go in the season.

FlashBolt
02-01-2019, 05:22 PM
I like the conspiracy idea that Kyrie and LeBron set this whole thing up from the beginning to get a super team in LA next year of Kyrie, Klay, KD, LeBron, and AD.

Don't forget Kawhi is coming off the bench and Cousins is willing to join for the minimum.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-05-2019, 12:29 PM

Mr.B
02-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Lots of talk about how lebron never actually wanted to continue with the core from the start but now with the AD thing looking like its close he decides all of a sudden he is playing tonight in a must win game... Was he milking the injury to try and show off these young pieces to get a star? Personally i think its smart but kind of slimy lol

This goes back to why its stupid to me that we expect players to show loyalty to a franchise and play through pain etc.

The moment the Lakers signed Labron guys like Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma were no longer part of the Lakers core. They became trade bait to try and put pieces around the only true core of the team (Labron). Labron has no interest in developing young players and trying to build a young team through the draft. Heís in his 30ís and wants to win as soon as possible. So with that in mind he wants vets. Lakers fans need to understand that is part of the trade off with acquiring Labron. Eventually you will be in position to win a title (or multiple titles) again but itís going to cost you all your young talent and draft picks. So did Labron sell out the core of the team? Absolutely not, he is the core of your team.

For what itís worth I think both AD and Kyrie will be starting next season for the Lakers and they will be right back competing for a title for the next couple of years.

Scoots
02-05-2019, 12:53 PM
The moment the Lakers signed Labron guys like Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma were no longer part of the Lakers core. They became trade bait to try and put pieces around the only true core of the team (Labron). Labron has no interest in developing young players and trying to build a young team through the draft. Heís in his 30ís and wants to win as soon as possible. So with that in mind he wants vets. Lakers fans need to understand that is part of the trade off with acquiring Labron. Eventually you will be in position to win a title (or multiple titles) again but itís going to cost you all your young talent and draft picks. So did Labron sell out the core of the team? Absolutely not, he is the core of your team.

For what itís worth I think both AD and Kyrie will be starting next season for the Lakers and they will be right back competing for a title for the next couple of years.

The issue with that, of course, is that when people said that when LeBron signed the Lakers fans were saying "No, the team is going to build around LeBron but keep the young core too" ... so much for that I guess.

KobeOwnSU
02-05-2019, 01:28 PM
As a Lakers fan, I am already done with LeBron. Load management my ***. Dude was throwing a hissy fit that they hadn't traded for AD yet.

Vee-Rex
02-05-2019, 01:36 PM
As a Lakers fan, I am already done with LeBron. Load management my ***. Dude was throwing a hissy fit that they hadn't traded for AD yet.

If there's anyone that understand how you feel, it's Cavs fans.

We owe him the most gratitude we could ever offer. He has our greatest appreciation. But some baggage comes with it as well. Some of it truly isn't his fault, but some of it is. And it wears on the average fan, seeing all the drama and controversy.

Imagine having to go through this year after year after year. I'm sure other fans of terrible franchises would gladly accept it - as would I and most Cavs fans. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If LeBron was able to suit up with the Cavs tomorrow I would welcome it with open arms, but I will say there's some relief there when he left the team.

The Lakers have a history of winning so it's probably a lot less tolerable for Lakers fans.

TheDish87
02-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Davis is a golden ticket

the Lakers deal is trash and can easily be beat by plenty of teams.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2019, 04:51 PM
If there's anyone that understand how you feel, it's Cavs fans.

We owe him the most gratitude we could ever offer. He has our greatest appreciation. But some baggage comes with it as well. Some of it truly isn't his fault, but some of it is. And it wears on the average fan, seeing all the drama and controversy.

Imagine having to go through this year after year after year. I'm sure other fans of terrible franchises would gladly accept it - as would I and most Cavs fans. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If LeBron was able to suit up with the Cavs tomorrow I would welcome it with open arms, but I will say there's some relief there when he left the team.

The Lakers have a history of winning so it's probably a lot less tolerable for Lakers fans.

Pats
Yankees
Lakers

for those teams, fans believe it should be an honor to play for them. For teams like the Cavs, Wolves, or Browns, its an honor to have a player like LeBron play for you haha.

All about perspective dude, you nailed it.

MRSpock
02-05-2019, 06:14 PM
So let me get this straight. Do you think that Lebron is purposely staying out longer to force a trade for another superstar? When he's under a 4-year contract? You think he has that kind of leverage? You also think he returned to a "must-win" game lol? With 30 games left in the season?

Can't it be that the Lakers and Lebron are both being really cautious? It is a groin injury, with if you've ever played sports and hurt your groin, you know that it can be reagrivated really easily. Even when it feels 100% fine. Plus Lebron is not 25 anymore.

And also, the Lakers showed they didn't want to keep their young core when they signed Lebron. Everyone should have known that this was a test run half a season, and the Lakers were going to try to either sign a free agent or make a trade. Even if they had gotten PG last year this would of happened. And BTW the Lakers core isn't that great lol.

TakeYourL
02-05-2019, 09:09 PM
What delusional world are people in talking about lonzo Ingram and Kuzma as if they are inportant to the Lakers aspirations?

You have Bron right now, and for a short window, getting a top tier star guarantees you an immediate shot at a ring.

Keeping the overrated 3, guarantees you waste away brons time in L.A.

I get that fans like their young guys, im the same way. But when you have Bron you make a ring push every year and forget about worrying about your young players.

Bron didn't sell out the Lakers core, if anyone did it was magic, but they were never there to be the Lakers core, they are assets to build a championship team.

Lakers fans need to let the overrated 3 go, if they aren't gone this deadline they will be during the off season or next trade deadline for sure.

AntiG
02-05-2019, 09:31 PM
once he signed with the Lakers, he became the core.

c.c.
02-05-2019, 11:26 PM

Wow Iím kinda we didnít get him during free agency.

I used to defend him now I just sees him as a diva.

YAALREADYKNO
02-06-2019, 12:15 AM
This was the plan from the moment Bron signed with the Lakers lol unless the lakers young core turned into stars, they were gonna be pieces to move for a superstar

Dade County
02-06-2019, 12:35 AM
the Lakers deal is trash and can easily be beat by plenty of teams.

Example please, with out adding Boston (Tatum will not be traded).

c.c.
02-06-2019, 12:44 AM
This was the plan from the moment Bron signed with the Lakers lol unless the lakers young core turned into stars, they were gonna be pieces to move for a superstar

Im pretty sure they was naive a little bit thinking Bron wanted to play with them lol.

Bruno
02-06-2019, 02:06 AM
they should trade LeBron for Davis :)

Lakers have completely blown this rebuild. Even if they get what they want they will have wasted their rebuild for third place. the warriors are better than ever. LA should have stayed patient and not given the reigns to a 34 year old player. DLo getting an all-star nod at this very moment is the comical undertone to the whole rebuild process.

prodigy
02-06-2019, 09:37 AM
I've said it in other threads and i got slammed for it. But the truth is real. Lebron worse GM ever. I have no doubt all this is his teams doing. the fact this all got so public and everything else. I love Lebron as a athlete and does great things off the court also. But he's straight stupid when it comes to front office moves. He forces the teams hands because of how good of a player he is.

Dan Gilbert's biggest mistake with Cleveland was letting Lebron make decisions. Granted if Gilbert did not give Lebron that power he would've left sooner. wasn't until Griffin took over cavs were able to win.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 10:24 AM

TheDish87
02-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Example please, with out adding Boston (Tatum will not be traded).

you dont know if Tatum will be traded and yes the C's obviously. The Clips just put together better assets as well. Its a matter of teams in position to trade for AD which not many arent. Pacers could have made an interesting offer too if Dipo didnt go down.

Scoots
02-06-2019, 11:03 AM
LeBron is amazing as a player but there is plenty evidence that he's not a good teammate or a team builder. People talk about him making his teammates better, but he's never made his team a team, it's always been LeBron surrounded by guys waiting for him to involve them. And he's got it to where everybody just blames his teammates/GM/coach whenever it doesn't work.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Tg11
02-06-2019, 04:06 PM

LeBron is essentially trying to force Luke Walton out of LA and eventually Magic is gonna let LeBron become GM of this team giving him free reign