PDA

View Full Version : Raptors at the deadline

Tg11
01-31-2019, 05:25 PM
If Raptors are serious about winning and developing a winning culture they sure are not doing a good job of it because teams are already working out major deals before trade deadline and Raptors haven't done a damn thing at all

Rivera
01-31-2019, 06:18 PM
Stop it.

The Raptors are in a very good position with their current roster. Even if they dont make one move, they are one of the big favorites in the east.

The Raps are fine exactly how they are constructed.

Now if this was last years raps, I would agree with you

Jamiecballer
01-31-2019, 06:19 PM
If Raptors are serious about winning and developing a winning culture they sure are not doing a good job of it because teams are already working out major deals before trade deadline and Raptors haven't done a damn thing at allLololllolololololo

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
01-31-2019, 06:46 PM
Did the Raptors not go out and get Kawhi Leonard?

kyubi256
01-31-2019, 06:52 PM
Don't the Raptors have the best second record in the East right now? And isn't Lebron out of the East?

Vee-Rex
01-31-2019, 07:59 PM
Don't be hard on TG. Huge Celtics fan living in Toronto - he's just passionate about the moves the Raps make.

I'd love to see AD in a Raps jersey too. Hopefully they can snag him - if not, then they have a great shot at reaching the finals anyway.

R. Johnson#3
02-02-2019, 11:57 AM
If Raptors are serious about winning and developing a winning culture they sure are not doing a good job of it because teams are already working out major deals before trade deadline and Raptors haven't done a damn thing at all

Yes because all of the moves Masai makes get picked up by beat writers all the time. Like the Gay trade, the Ibaka trade, the Kawhi trade. Hey wait a minute, all those deals came out of nowhere.

ewing
02-02-2019, 12:16 PM
they need to get on twitter and stir up some ****

tp13baby
02-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Yes because all of the moves Masai makes get picked up by beat writers all the time. Like the Gay trade, the Ibaka trade, the Kawhi trade. Hey wait a minute, all those deals came out of nowhere.

Masai is someone that just wins trades. His deals he signs players to is eh, and his drafting isnít great but itís not bad either.

zn23
02-02-2019, 03:42 PM
The only issue the Raps have right now is health.

If/When Lowry gets healthy, and when Valanciunas comes back, this team will continue rolling.

No need to break things up right now with trades.

R. Johnson#3
02-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Masai is someone that just wins trades. His deals he signs players to is eh, and his drafting isnít great but itís not bad either.

Delon Wright at 20
OG Anunoby at 23
Pascal Siakam at 27
Norman Powell at 46

He's actually incredible at drafting. It's just that he's only gotten 1 pick higher than 20 since coming back to the Raps (Jakob Poeltl at 10) and he shipped him off in the Kawhi deal.

aman_13
02-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Yeah all things considered, Masai has drafted well. He did miss out on Bruno but he was looking for the next Giannis and took a chance.

gtr357
02-03-2019, 12:13 PM
I think raps are good. Masai has done well for the team. I think if they wanted to get Davis they could. Possibly something like Leonard,ibaka,wright, 2021 1st and pick for Davis, hill, ,Moore. Raps are giving up a lot however because Masai has constructed good depth especially with players like vanvleet, anunoby, siakam they can still compete for a title. Davis becomes primary scorer and his skill set compliments bigs like valanciunas and Monroe. New Orleans can still compete and get assets. Okafor did good and mirotic compliments well as stretch 4. Also jrue and kawahi is a good duo. What y'all think. Criticism is welcome just don't be mean lol😂😂

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Lowry fell off a few years ago. Kawhi was a excellent addition, but risky if he bolts. But they need another blockbuster trade. The youth is nice. But seem they need something to get them over the Bucks. If I was them I would of tanked long before they extended both DD and Lowry. If Kawhi walks this summer i'd build around Siakam and start over. Purge the rest. I'd flip Lowry to a gullible team like Magic or Suns. Also Ibaka is a bit old now. Not so sure AD puts the Raptors over the top either.

R. Johnson#3
02-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Lowry fell off a few years ago. Kawhi was a excellent addition, but risky if he bolts. But they need another blockbuster trade. The youth is nice. But seem they need something to get them over the Bucks. If I was them I would of tanked long before they extended both DD and Lowry. If Kawhi walks this summer i'd build around Siakam and start over. Purge the rest. I'd flip Lowry to a gullible team like Magic or Suns. Also Ibaka is a bit old now. Not so sure AD puts the Raptors over the top either.

Masai tried to. He traded Rudy Gay for Greivis Vasquez and Patrick Patterson then we got better. Then he was going to trade Lowry to the Knicks for Artest, Shumpert and a 1st but Dolan cancelled the deal. This team was never even supposed to happen.

Vee-Rex
02-03-2019, 12:38 PM
I think raps are good. Masai has done well for the team. I think if they wanted to get Davis they could. Possibly something like Leonard,ibaka,wright, 2021 1st and pick for Davis, hill, ,Moore. Raps are giving up a lot however because Masai has constructed good depth especially with players like vanvleet, anunoby, siakam they can still compete for a title. Davis becomes primary scorer and his skill set compliments bigs like valanciunas and Monroe. New Orleans can still compete and get assets. Okafor did good and mirotic compliments well as stretch 4. Also jrue and kawahi is a good duo. What y'all think. Criticism is welcome just don't be mean lol😂😂

I think, in any trade with the Pelicans, the goal is to pair Leonard up with Davis, not exchange them.

Toronto is already good enough to reach the finals. It will be a hard fight, but they certainly can get there. However, how are their chances vs. Golden State? Not good, but a lot better if they have Kawhi and Davis vs. just Davis.

I realize that depth and roleplayers matter but in the playoffs star power is what matters most. Hopefully Masai will see if he can swing Davis. Even if he had to give up Siakam, Wright, Anunoby, Valanciunas, etc... he could field a a starting lineup of Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Ibaka, and Davis. Fill out the rest with buyout players - defenders and shooters and guys that can collapse the paint. That's a team that could take GS to 6 or 7 games and beat them.

But if they can't get Davis then oh well - roll the dice with this team and see what you can do.

aman_13
02-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Lowry fell off a few years ago. Kawhi was a excellent addition, but risky if he bolts. But they need another blockbuster trade. The youth is nice. But seem they need something to get them over the Bucks. If I was them I would of tanked long before they extended both DD and Lowry. If Kawhi walks this summer i'd build around Siakam and start over. Purge the rest. I'd flip Lowry to a gullible team like Magic or Suns. Also Ibaka is a bit old now. Not so sure AD puts the Raptors over the top either.What makes you say he fell off years ago?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-04-2019, 11:12 AM
What makes you say he fell off years ago?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Only thing he did well this season is the 9.2 assists per game. Rest of his stats are down. FG% down and 3pt % down, PPG are way down. He probably only got in the all star game was cause of the 9.2 assists per game. I would of preferred Bledsoe actually. But I suppose Raptors #2 in the east media wanted Toronto with at least two guys in. I would of preferred Siakam.

R. Johnson#3
02-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Only thing he did well this season is the 9.2 assists per game. Rest of his stats are down. FG% down and 3pt % down, PPG are way down. He probably only got in the all star game was cause of the 9.2 assists per game. I would of preferred Bledsoe actually. But I suppose Raptors #2 in the east media wanted Toronto with at least two guys in. I would of preferred Siakam.

Itís almost as if heís shooting the ball less, dishing it out more and turning it over at the same rate.

In 2016/17 it was the Kyle Lowry/DeMar DeRozan show. They took turns running iso plays and Lowry turned in his best statistical season that year. Since then the Raps have changed their style of play. Theyíve incorporated much more ball movement and much less time looking to create individual shots. The player thatís had to adapt the most is Kyle Lowry and to be honest with you, he didnít miss a beat. He changed his style of play to benefit the team. While his stats may not be as good as years past I would take this version of Kyle Lowry over the version I knew from 2 seasons ago.

gtr357
02-04-2019, 01:16 PM
I think, in any trade with the Pelicans, the goal is to pair Leonard up with Davis, not exchange them.

Toronto is already good enough to reach the finals. It will be a hard fight, but they certainly can get there. However, how are their chances vs. Golden State? Not good, but a lot better if they have Kawhi and Davis vs. just Davis.

I realize that depth and roleplayers matter but in the playoffs star power is what matters most. Hopefully Masai will see if he can swing Davis. Even if he had to give up Siakam, Wright, Anunoby, Valanciunas, etc... he could field a a starting lineup of Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Ibaka, and Davis. Fill out the rest with buyout players - defenders and shooters and guys that can collapse the paint. That's a team that could take GS to 6 or 7 games and beat them.

But if they can't get Davis then oh well - roll the dice with this team and see what you can do.

I see your point however the thing your idea is that you are tearing raps depth for Davis by trying to combine him with Leonard. Depth is huge in the playoffs. Both teams are gonna lock in defensively on your best players and try to make less effective. One way to do that is to have good depth players that can not only defend but can score in spurts. Sort of like instant offense. Takes pressure of your primary and secondary scorers. But I do agree with you though Davis and Leonard would be a very lethal combo. However don't underestimate point guard play. That's your primary ball handler as well as the setup man and Lowry is very good at both. Not to mention your initial defender for on ball is gonna be your point guard which Lowry is too. I do like your point though I just never looked at it like that. I was assuming that pelicans would most likely want a star for star swap. The one key about basketball from playing and watching is there is only one ball however it is the component of scoring in multiple different ways that makes a team or player good.

Tg11
02-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Raptors need to be buyers