PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie interested in joining LeBron on the Lakers.

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 07:16 PM

Looks like we know our next super team. Fill the roster around LeBron Kyrie and AD with 3 and D vets and there you have it. As LeBron declines Davis and Kyrie will be better and in their primes.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
Not surprised. Lakers will be getting an elite player to pair up with LeBron next season, period.

valade16
01-29-2019, 07:24 PM
If the Lakers can sign and/or trade for AD I'd rather see if I can lure KD or Kawhi than Kyrie. Lakers have a lot of options between KD/Kawhi, AD/Klay, and now Kyrie.

Heediot
01-29-2019, 07:27 PM
If the Lakers can sign and/or trade for AD I'd rather see if I can lure KD or Kawhi than Kyrie. Lakers have a lot of options between KD/Kawhi, AD/Klay, and now Kyrie.

KD or Kyrie fit better off of Bron. Kawhi is better vs. Kyrie, but Kyrie is the better fit, atleast offensively. Kyrie knows how to play off Bron which isn't that easy to do.

SfgiantsJD3
01-29-2019, 07:28 PM
Kyrie joining LeBron at the Lakers is just a big effing ewing to Cavs fans.

Foles9MVP
01-29-2019, 07:33 PM
Where ever Lebron goes, the rest of the NBA goes

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 07:36 PM
I feel like other than the decision you always know LeBrons move before they happen and the guys he’s going to bring in before he gets them.

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Also, if Ainge thinks this might be true do you all think he would trade Kyrie for the best possible player/package he could get and just say **** it?

lakers squad
01-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Also, if Ainge thinks this might be true do you all think he would trade Kyrie for the best possible player/package he could get and just say **** it?

Why would the Pelicans do it? Also AD has already said no to Boston if Kyrie is not going to be there! Regardless the Lakers are primed to create a super team anyway you look at it! This was all very cleverly arranged behind the Scenes with in the current rules!

j-bay
01-29-2019, 08:12 PM
Its a bleacherreport article. I'm taking it with a grain of salt at this point.

lakers squad
01-29-2019, 08:17 PM

lol...wishful thinking, all this has been leaking out for about a month now, the puzzle is starting to fit!

j-bay
01-29-2019, 08:19 PM
lol...wishful thinking, all this has been leaking out for about a month now, the puzzle is starting to fit!

So are Lakers fans still waiting for Paul George at the airport then.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2019, 08:20 PM
the beta that thought he was an alpha got in over his head now he wants the leader of the pack back.

lakers squad
01-29-2019, 08:25 PM
So are Lakers fans still waiting for Paul George at the airport then.

lol...I knew you were going to go there, I'm honestly saying this as a nba fan period! The part about it being great for the Lakers is just a bonus! Don't hate, just appreciate 😆

Scoots
01-30-2019, 12:25 AM
It's about the Lakers not LeBron. Kyrie knows LeBron's clock is picking up speed every minute he plays.

Leftcoast_yg
01-30-2019, 12:54 AM

Lol you do that squirt.

ewing
01-30-2019, 12:59 AM
I doubt it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2019, 10:22 AM

McAllen Tx
01-30-2019, 10:51 AM
Kyrie just secured himself a max contract from Boston

warfelg
01-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Kyrie just secured himself a max contract from Boston

He was getting one anyways.

warfelg
01-30-2019, 11:17 AM
I think when it comes to extending contracts, the money should be based on their percent in the year their contract extends.

ewing
01-30-2019, 11:30 AM
I think when it comes to extending contracts, the money should be based on their percent in the year their contract extends.

I don't understand. What do you mean?

ewing
01-30-2019, 11:31 AM

That's what I was thinking. I think his 24 and 7 with elite shot making is what matters

warfelg
01-30-2019, 11:39 AM
I don't understand. What do you mean?

So if he signed his max deal before hitting FA, he would be giving up $30+mil even dating with the Celtics. So in the NBA for max players, signing your extension early is a HUGE win for the team. Hence why Westbrook doing it was such a shock.

So from the player perspective, there’s little to no incentive to sign early.

Take away that hinderance to signing early, and teams wouldn’t be in this position.

McAllen Tx
01-30-2019, 11:40 AM

I seen Kyrie supposingly commit to Boston, I have yet to see Ainge give him the same endorsement.

I'm sure he gets one but I think his future in Boston could be contingent with AD. They get AD and Kyrie is safe, no AD I wouldn't doubt Boston maxes Kyrie to turn around and flip him later.

If Lakers do get AD in the next few days I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie gets traded out of Boston right after.

IKnowHoops
01-30-2019, 11:42 AM
KD or Kyrie fit better off of Bron. Kawhi is better vs. Kyrie, but Kyrie is the better fit, atleast offensively. Kyrie knows how to play off Bron which isn't that easy to do.

Bron + KL >>>>>>>>> Bron + Kyrie

McAllen Tx
01-30-2019, 11:46 AM
So if he signed his max deal before hitting FA, he would be giving up $30+mil even dating with the Celtics. So in the NBA for max players, signing your extension early is a HUGE win for the team. Hence why Westbrook doing it was such a shock.

Take away that hinderance to signing early, and teams wouldn’t be in this position.

Tell that to DMC

Scoots
01-30-2019, 11:52 AM

So if the max goes up the contract does too?

warfelg
01-30-2019, 12:17 PM
So if the max goes up the contract does too?

The money yes. The percent no.

And it doesn't change in contract. Just when the contract kicks in is when the money on it gets set. Think that for trading reasons that doesn't really matter either since the matching salaries only needs to happen in the current season.

So say Kyrie signed a 30% max right now for 2019-20 season through 2024-25 season, the money won't be known on it until the cap comes out.

If he signed right now, he's relegated to only getting 20% increase on his current contract.

Scoots
01-30-2019, 12:39 PM
The money yes. The percent no.

And it doesn't change in contract. Just when the contract kicks in is when the money on it gets set. Think that for trading reasons that doesn't really matter either since the matching salaries only needs to happen in the current season.

So say Kyrie signed a 30% max right now for 2019-20 season through 2024-25 season, the money won't be known on it until the cap comes out.

If he signed right now, he's relegated to only getting 20% increase on his current contract.

That would probably result in players signing fewer max contracts and more near-max contracts. If they agree to $1 less than the max the terms are far more negotiable already, these terms may result in them being more common both to the players and the teams benefit. It would be nice to simplify all this stuff.

warfelg
01-30-2019, 12:44 PM
That would probably result in players signing fewer max contracts and more near-max contracts. If they agree to $1 less than the max the terms are far more negotiable already, these terms may result in them being more common both to the players and the teams benefit. It would be nice to simplify all this stuff.

Huh?

Kyrie signing for the Max right now is less than he could get from a max by waiting for FA. Take away the need to wait by guaranteeing him the same money via the CBA. Then players don't have the excuse of waiting for more money is why they didn't commit.

PAOboston
01-30-2019, 01:03 PM
The Clutch propaganda machine working overtime the last couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
01-30-2019, 01:44 PM
Huh?

Kyrie signing for the Max right now is less than he could get from a max by waiting for FA. Take away the need to wait by guaranteeing him the same money via the CBA. Then players don't have the excuse of waiting for more money is why they didn't commit.

I get it, what I was saying was just that by implementing your rule I suspect teams/players would sign more "near max" contracts to avoid kicking in some of the limitations of the max contract rules.

Switch
01-30-2019, 01:53 PM
I seen Kyrie supposingly commit to Boston, I have yet to see Ainge give him the same endorsement.

I'm sure he gets one but I think his future in Boston could be contingent with AD. They get AD and Kyrie is safe, no AD I wouldn't doubt Boston maxes Kyrie to turn around and flip him later.

If Lakers do get AD in the next few days I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie gets traded out of Boston right after.And you said nobody wanted to player with LeBron lol

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

warfelg
01-30-2019, 02:02 PM
I get it, what I was saying was just that by implementing your rule I suspect teams/players would sign more "near max" contracts to avoid kicking in some of the limitations of the max contract rules.

If they don’t know what the max will be how can they stay just under? And what max contract rules are they looking to avoid?

Jamiecballer
01-30-2019, 02:09 PM
the beta that thought he was an alpha got in over his head now he wants the leader of the pack back.Lol yup

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2019, 02:19 PM

j-bay
01-30-2019, 03:52 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TRANSITlONTATUM/status/1090380728368615429

Yeah he's not going to LA

Lakers + Giants
01-30-2019, 04:00 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TRANSITlONTATUM/status/1090380728368615429

Yeah he's not going to LA

So scared lmaoooo. Relax buddy, it's ok. We're interested in Kawhi, KD or AD tho, so don't worry.

Not saying we're getting them, just saying who we're targeting.

Heediot
01-30-2019, 04:07 PM
I think Lakers will have to wait till `20 for AD regardless if they get Kyrie. I just got a feeling they are going to get spurned because Pel`s don`t like behind the scenes crap and maneuvering. If Kyrie signs with LA, Pel`s will trade with another team besides BOston. C`s likely pull out if Kyrie bolts. If Kyrie Stays in Boston, you might as well gift wrap AD to Boston. If Pel`s don`t take the Lakers offer now, they never will IMO. IF AD ends up in Boston or Toronto, I think very strong chance he`d re-sign if those teams make the finals. Another dent on the Lakers is it always seems like teams want to trade the outgoing star out of conference.

McAllen Tx
01-30-2019, 05:07 PM
And you said nobody wanted to player with LeBron lol

I haven't seen anyone significant sign on as a free agent to go play on an LBJ team. Did I miss something?

Agendas my man, there's an agenda with every story out there. Maybe Kyrie really does want to play with LBJ, we're gonna find out this summer. Maybe he wants to make sure 100% that he secures a max contract from Boston, again we're gonna find out this summer. Maybe a reporter wanted to put something new out there for people to eat up. Who knows....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2019, 07:52 PM
I haven't seen anyone significant sign on as a free agent to go play on an LBJ team. Did I miss something?

Agendas my man, there's an agenda with every story out there. Maybe Kyrie really does want to play with LBJ, we're gonna find out this summer. Maybe he wants to make sure 100% that he secures a max contract from Boston, again we're gonna find out this summer. Maybe a reporter wanted to put something new out there for people to eat up. Who knows....

No free agent joined LeBron other then lap dog cheap vets. Rest are traded for like Love. Or LeBron bolted to play with a super team. I think it will be funny if Lakers land no one and stuck as is next few years. LeBron will drop off eventually and it wont be pretty.

McAllen Tx
01-30-2019, 10:01 PM
No free agent joined LeBron other then lap dog cheap vets. Rest are traded for like Love. Or LeBron bolted to play with a super team. I think it will be funny if Lakers land no one and stuck as is next few years. LeBron will drop off eventually and it wont be pretty.

Don't get the sig twisted, I lost a bet (kinda).

Won't be funny though for me if my Lakers strike out on free agency. I expect it though, I've been spitting out on how no star free agent in his prime has ever gone to an LBJ team as a few agent for years. I don't expect that to change this summer.

YAALREADYKNO
01-31-2019, 01:19 PM
The Avengers, Super Saiyan God Fusion Gogeta, and the Justice League also interested in joining Lebron and the Lakers

warfelg
02-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Kyrie just told Boston media "I don't owe anyone ****." And when asked on where his mind is he said "Ask me July 1st."

R. Johnson#3
02-01-2019, 12:25 PM
So scared lmaoooo. Relax buddy, it's ok. We're interested in Kawhi, KD or AD tho, so don't worry.

Not saying we're getting them, just saying who we're targeting.

At least you stated you aren’t getting them. Wouldn’t want another let down like PG eh?

kdspurman
02-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Kyrie just told Boston media "I don't owe anyone ****." And when asked on where his mind is he said "Ask me July 1st."

I'm sure he'll bring lots of fun to the Garden again. (the Square one, not TD)

WaDe03
02-01-2019, 01:01 PM
He’s gone lol, Ainge would be smart to trade him.

PAOboston
02-01-2019, 01:37 PM
The video I watched of Kyrie speaking did not sound like a guy who wanted to leave. It sounded like a guy who was just frustrated his name keeps popping up in rumors.

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1091367710053810176?s=21

Either way, Ainge will deal with him accordingly.

warfelg
02-01-2019, 01:40 PM
I'm sure he'll bring lots of fun to the Garden again. (the Square one, not TD)

Yea. This league...all about winning if it's with the right people in the right town.

Switch
02-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Agendas my man, there's an agenda with every story out there. Maybe Kyrie really does want to play with LBJ, we're gonna find out this summer. Maybe he wants to make sure 100% that he secures a max contract from Boston, again we're gonna find out this summer. Maybe a reporter wanted to put something new out there for people to eat up. Who knows....So AD basically trying to force himself to the Lakers to play with LeBron is what exactly? Lol

MarkieMark48
02-01-2019, 02:35 PM

If I remember correctly I think Kevin Love turned down a player option in the summer of 15 after his first year with the Cavs, then signed a contract the 1st day of free agency.

Other than that Im not aware of any either, but I also don't remember any Lebron teams really having cap space to sign anyone "significant" until this upcoming offseason.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-01-2019, 02:40 PM

warfelg
02-01-2019, 02:45 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/6JB4v4xPTAQFi/giphy.gif

Leftcoast_yg
02-01-2019, 02:51 PM
The video I watched of Kyrie speaking did not sound like a guy who wanted to leave. It sounded like a guy who was just frustrated his name keeps popping up in rumors.

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1091367710053810176?s=21

Either way, Ainge will deal with him accordingly.

Denial is an ugly thing.

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/1091366311534493697?s=21

PAOboston
02-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Denial is an ugly thing.

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/1091366311534493697?s=21

You should watch the entire discussion in video. Kyrie slams the media.

Scoots
02-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Nobody can predict what is going to happen with any of the pending free agents. Anybody who says they "know" is lying ... including the players themselves. It's too far in the future and there are too many variables.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Nobody can predict what is going to happen with any of the pending free agents. Anybody who says they "know" is lying ... including the players themselves. It's too far in the future and there are too many variables.

exactly. I know there are some exceptions, but these are mostly 20something kids, with minimal education, who like shiny new toys. Something as simple as a walkoff presentation elsewhere can get a player to sign many times. Loyalty is gone, most of you need to get used to players moving around a lot. Sure they can make more staying many times, but these guys make so much money, many of them don't care if they ONLY make $28,000,000 a year.

FlashBolt
02-01-2019, 05:11 PM
When Kyrie said he planned on resigning with Boston, that was before he realized he made a mistake back in Cleveland. I'm sure he's changed and looks at his situation differently. This isn't a sign he'll leave but if I had to guess, I think Lakers or Boston simply makes more sense. And AD basically saying he won't resign in Boston pretty much makes you wonder why any superstar would want to play for the Celtics over Knicks, Clippers, or Nets. All three teams have two max salary slots as well and they don't have Horford/Hayward eating up salary.

Leftcoast_yg
02-01-2019, 05:36 PM
You should watch the entire discussion in video. Kyrie slams the media.

So what that irrelevant. He also said “I’m going to do what’s best for my career and family” he could have said signing with Boston is what’s best for my family and career. Don’t hold your breath too long 😨

PAOboston
02-01-2019, 06:43 PM
So what that irrelevant. He also said “I’m going to do what’s best for my career and family” he could have said signing with Boston is what’s best for my family and career. Don’t hold your breath too long [emoji32]

The reality is Kyrie will change his mind about 12 more times by the summer. He’s right about the talk to me on July 1. The guy is all over the place sometimes.

valade16
02-01-2019, 06:50 PM
The reality is Kyrie will change his mind about 12 more times by the summer. He’s right about the talk to me on July 1. The guy is all over the place sometimes.

I think Magic is starting to learn the fickleness of NBA players' desires. Just because players are interested or even a "lock" to go to LA when their contract expires, doesn't mean they actually will. A lot can change in the course of a year or 6 months.

cmellofan15
02-01-2019, 07:07 PM
boston traded for a guy that didn't include boston on his list of preferred destinations when he requested a trade from Cleveland. if he leaves it's 100% on them for gambling when all of that was common knowledge.

Storch
02-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Everyone used the lakers as leverage and publicity. Dont believe anything till it happens

FlashBolt
02-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Everyone used the lakers as leverage and publicity. Dont believe anything till it happens

What leverage does Kyrie get for doing this? If Celtics don't offer him the max, which he absolutely warrants for other teams, it's their own fault.

WaDe03
02-01-2019, 10:12 PM
boston traded for a guy that didn't include boston on his list of preferred destinations when he requested a trade from Cleveland. if he leaves it's 100% on them for gambling when all of that was common knowledge.

This. Same for Philly with Jimmy.

warfelg
02-01-2019, 10:41 PM
What leverage does Kyrie get for doing this? If Celtics don't offer him the max, which he absolutely warrants for other teams, it's their own fault.

This. There’s nothing to be gained. Unless there’s a guy or two on the team Kyrie doesn’t like and he told management and these threats are to make them get rid of those guys.

goingfor28
02-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Kyrie just told Boston media "I don't owe anyone ****." And when asked on where his mind is he said "Ask me July 1st."He gone

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk