PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade the 1st pick (Zion) for Davis?

GiantsSwaGG
01-28-2019, 07:37 PM
If you’re the Knicks or Cavs would you trade Zion for Davis?

rhino17
01-28-2019, 07:56 PM
Nope

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 08:01 PM
If it was a promise that AD was resigning without a doubt... anyone who says no should be ashamed of themselves.

c.c.
01-28-2019, 08:06 PM
If it was a promise that AD was resigning without a doubt... anyone who says no should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree!

Plus Zion could be a bust, you know AD can play at a NBA level

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 08:11 PM
I agree!

Plus Zion could be a bust, you know AD can play at a NBA level

Yup... Zion might not even be good on the NBA level let alone ever being anywhere near as good as AD.

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 08:36 PM
The odds that Zion ends up AS good as Davis is slim. Not zero, but not great odds. So, would you rather have 1.5 years of a prime big man you already know is among the best in the league, or 4 years of a guy you think might be good? And are you willing to bet a 7 figure job on it?

Giannis94
01-28-2019, 08:51 PM
this has Garpax written all over it. They'll make the deal and AD will realize that the bulls are in no better shape than the horncats or whatever the **** you call em

goingfor28
01-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Absolutely. Zion is Anthony Bennett.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
01-28-2019, 09:20 PM
I think Zion will be a force but Anthony Davis is one.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 10:03 PM
I'd gamble on Zion. Peak AD can't even get in the playoffs and has chicken shitted out and trying to force his way to have somebody carry him because he can't carry a team. Zion may bust but we know AD can't lead a team anywhere. So yeah I'd take a chance especially since you get multiple pieces in addition to Zion.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 10:14 PM
At the very worst, I think Zion will be a Blake Griffin type player. I wouldn't trade Zion for Davis unless I know Davis will sign a long-term deal.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 10:17 PM
I'd gamble on Zion. Peak AD can't even get in the playoffs and has chicken shitted out and trying to force his way to have somebody carry him because he can't carry a team. Zion may bust but we know AD can't lead a team anywhere. So yeah I'd take a chance especially since you get multiple pieces in addition to Zion.

Bit unfair to AD. Gentry can't coach, their management sucks, and they don't have the talent to compete. I agree with Skip Bayless on this one. AD in a 2nd option role behind an elite playmaker is the solution to building around AD.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 10:29 PM
No. I really like AD, but AD needs a team ready to challenge now, and the teams in line for that pick are working on developing over the next 4 years. If they got AD they'd have to scrap the plan and try to build a team around AD now.

Silent
01-28-2019, 10:53 PM
To all the haters zion will surpass anthony davis!!!

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Bit unfair to AD. Gentry can't coach, their management sucks, and they don't have the talent to compete. I agree with Skip Bayless on this one. AD in a 2nd option role behind an elite playmaker is the solution to building around AD.

It's 100% fair. If he wants to go around making demands you need to be able to lead and he can't. If you're that good you are always in the playoffs period. Prime AD can't get you in the playoffs, yeah I'd gamble on Zion.

I mean say what you posted out loud...AD as a second option is how you build around AD. You don't build around second options haha! AD is proving why he's not an elite player. Just go run to somebody who can carry his *** to where he wants to go. He's literally Bosh/K-Love and HE knows it.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 11:59 PM
It's 100% fair. If he wants to go around making demands you need to be able to lead and he can't. If you're that good you are always in the playoffs period. Prime AD can't get you in the playoffs, yeah I'd gamble on Zion.

I mean say what you posted out loud...AD as a second option is how you build around AD. You don't build around second options haha! AD is proving why he's not an elite player. Just go run to somebody who can carry his *** to where he wants to go. He's literally Bosh/K-Love and HE knows it.

1) Not true. In today's game, you need more than just a dominant PF or center. Pelicans are a poorly constructed team. It's the same reason why a guy like Love/Cousins couldn't get into the playoffs as well. Perimeter players are just capable of doing more. Pelicans lack shooting and defense. AD can play defense, score the ball, rebound, and pass the ball. You're not really arguing why AD isn't a top ten player in the league moreso as much you want to blame him for his team being bad.

2) There's nothing wrong with being a #2 in today's day and age. CP3, even still being a top ten player last year, was a #2 behind Harden. By virtue of AD's position, it makes more sense for him to be a #2 on a championship team. AD can't dictate the pace of the game because he's a power forward. He can be #1 but I mean, are you going to tell me his team is good? They're below average. You'll probably bring up Jokic here and while Jokic is a very fine and elite player, his team is better than the Pelicans. Swap Jokic with the Pelicans and they aren't a better team. Swap AD to the Nuggets. Do you think they're making the playoffs or not?

3) Lol, not an elite player? How many players do you think quantify as elite? Ten seems VERY elite to me. 10/400. Do the math. That's 2.5. In any field or profession, 2.5% is considered elite. I'm not sure what you're watching. He's remarkably better than Bosh/K-Love but the days of a power forward or center carrying a team by themselves is over. And that's pretty much what you're expecting. Your problem is you're trying to compare AD to Tim Duncan and Dirk and think AD should be able to replicate that. Those days, as I've stated, are simply over. Look at the top power forwards in the game.. I'll list some for you: KP, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Draymond Green.

Here's a complete list categorized as PF's by ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/position/power-forwards

Outside of Giannis (for obvious reasons) find me a single player on the list that is leading a team and is an elite player.. Really, take a LONG HARD look at the list. The position has just changed. PF is the WEAKEST position in the league when a decade ago, it was arguably the best.

AD is an elite player. He's just not being used correctly or supplied with enough help. AD wanted Rondo back after what Rondo did for them in the playoffs and they chose not to match the Lakers offer. They let Rondo walk for $9 million... and then proceeded to sign Elfrid Payton to replace him. Pelicans offered Cousins a two-year $40 million contract and then when free agency came along, the offer was pulled and he wasn't getting them anymore. Here is what Cousins said:

“I think about our pairing all the time,” Cousins told The Athletic’s Shams Charania. “Me and AD talk about it. It’s ****ed up. It could’ve been something great, something special, but other people had different things in mind. That’s out of our control, and you never know what’ll happen later on down the line.”

Him AND AD talk about it. That means AD was clearly not happy with their decision to let Cousins walk. So Pelicans lost Cousins and Rondo, two of their starters, for Randle and Payton. You're telling me this is what you want to see from a team you're playing for?

I'm going to give you some more context of how poorly ran this Pelicans franchise is:
Their current GM had very little experience doing anything at an NBA level. Yet, he's hired as a GM and still is their GM?

What about Eric Gordon and Ryan Andersen on the team and both being relatively unhealthy while AD was dominating the league? You have two of the teams highest paid players who aren't even healthy. Big money being tied up to players who aren't capable of playing will lose you games. When they didn't make the playoffs, it had to do with injuries to Ryan and Gordon. It wasn't AD's fault they missed it. Don't forget they also signed Tyreke Evans, traded for Jrue Holiday while having Eric Gordon on the team at that time. They had three guards who were ball dominant on the same team and was paying them a hefty price - meaning they had no money to fill up the rest of the team with quality players.

No player the past five years has had more teammate changes than AD. Is that AD's fault? No. That's the GM not knowing WTF to do and making trade after trade until something clicks. Want proof? Look at this.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NOP/2017.html

26 different players played for the Pelicans that season. TWENTY SIX. How do you expect a team to adapt and grow when you're making that many damn changes THROUGHOUT the season? Is that AD's fault as well that his team has a high turnover and he's forced to adjust to their games all while trying to grow as a player himself?

What about paying Omer Asik $58 million for five years? What the hell was this about? So they paid Asik money to do what exactly? Is that AD's fault as well? That's not even the worst part. They signed Solomon Hill to a four year, $52 million contract. Who is Solomon Hill? Well, here's your $52 million dollar man:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hillso01.html

Btw, he's STILL on the team. He's their fourth highest paid player. So the Pelicans thought it was a great idea to pay him $13 million per year because he averaged 4 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist for the Pacers. Again, is this AD's fault?

I remember hearing about this in 2016 and couldn't believe how poorly funded this Pelicans team is. Here's a full-story on it:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/15179914/new-orleans-pelicans-season-injury

Here is AD saying he was playing with a shoulder injury for three years:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/3/21/11277978/anthony-davis-injury-shoulder-torn-labrum-3-years

Here is how many games the Pelicans players missed in 2015-2016 (they went 30-52 and missed the playoffs): 340 games. By far the most games missed by players being injured on a team.

Is it a coincidence that Eric Gordon has played more games in season 1/season 2 with the Rockets than any amount of games he's played in a lone season for the Pelicans? Eric Gordon was playing for the Pelicans for five seasons. So far, he's in his third season with the Rockets. During his entire tenure with the Pelicans, he's only played 39 more games for the Pelicans than the Rockets. That's not a coincidence.

You might have noticed I've asked you numerous times if this is AD's fault. It's for a purpose. None of what you said relates to it being AD's fault. I've gave you numerous reasons as to why it's beyond his control. Injuries, poor management, poor teammates, poor team construction, and all the while they are playing in a stacked Western Conference. Again, refute what I said. Don't just tell me, "OMG, AD can't lead his team to the playoffs so he must not be elite." No, he's an elite player stuck on a horrible franchise.

tucksoe
01-29-2019, 03:46 AM
Great post Flash, I suspect Jazz won't be posting here anymore as you now completely own his soul.

i'myourdaddy
01-29-2019, 03:52 AM
Great post Flash, I suspect Jazz won't be posting here anymore as you now completely own his soul.

Jazz is a homer since someone mention in the AD thread that AD is better than Gobert. He got butthurt and call AD overrated.

ManningToTyree
01-29-2019, 03:53 AM
I’m buying the Zion “generational hype” so no. It is an interesting idea tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
01-29-2019, 11:44 AM
If your a contender yes. If your a lotto team no.

tredigs
01-29-2019, 11:56 AM
If your a contender yes. If your a lotto team no.

You are by definition a lotto team in this scenario. This is not a Cavs situation where they have both the #1 pick and the top free agent coming (Love trade). Zion is also worlds better than Wiggins, who wasn't impressive in the least at Kansas. The answer is **** no and the only scenario where this hypothetical is even entertained is if you know for a fact AD would re-sign (as is why in the world would he re-sign with a basement team?)

TheDish87
01-29-2019, 12:02 PM
AD make 25 mil per year right now and that number is going to increase while Zion wont be making more than 8 on a rookie deal. You have way more options to build a better team by keeping the #1 pick. No one is going to Cleveland to join AD and NY has nothing but an injury risk in KP to pair with Davis who will also command a big contract.

tredigs
01-29-2019, 12:13 PM
AD make 25 mil per year right now and that number is going to increase while Zion wont be making more than 8 on a rookie deal. You have way more options to build a better team by keeping the #1 pick. No one is going to Cleveland to join AD and NY has nothing but an injury risk in KP to pair with Davis who will also command a big contract.

To be fair even the worst team only has a 15% chance of landing the #1 pick in the upcoming lotto format, so we don't have a good read on who it will be anymore. And oh man the irony if it is actually the Pelicans that snag the #1 pick.

Hustla23
01-29-2019, 12:23 PM
By all projections, Zion is likely going to be significantly better than AD, so no.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2019, 01:10 PM
Nope - not unless AD agreed to an extension. But why would he do that? That would be stupid.

TheDish87
01-29-2019, 01:23 PM
To be fair even the worst team only has a 15% chance of landing the #1 pick in the upcoming lotto format, so we don't have a good read on who it will be anymore. And oh man the irony if it is actually the Pelicans that snag the #1 pick.

Even if you look at it as getting a top 2 pick bcuz i like Barrett more longterm than Zion anyway. thats a lot of money for a team to commit to AD without any type of a playoff roster in place.

tredigs
01-29-2019, 01:27 PM
Even if you look at it as getting a top 2 pick bcuz i like Barrett more longterm than Zion anyway. thats a lot of money for a team to commit to AD without any type of a playoff roster in place.

Couldn't disagree with you more re RJ/Zion but yeah, of course. It's honestly a non-question/thread, we're just being silly.

Tg11
01-29-2019, 01:51 PM
If I'm the Cavs or Knicks I would do it

JAZZNC
01-30-2019, 05:36 PM
1) Not true. In today's game, you need more than just a dominant PF or center. Pelicans are a poorly constructed team. It's the same reason why a guy like Love/Cousins couldn't get into the playoffs as well. Perimeter players are just capable of doing more. Pelicans lack shooting and defense. AD can play defense, score the ball, rebound, and pass the ball. You're not really arguing why AD isn't a top ten player in the league moreso as much you want to blame him for his team being bad.

2) There's nothing wrong with being a #2 in today's day and age. CP3, even still being a top ten player last year, was a #2 behind Harden. By virtue of AD's position, it makes more sense for him to be a #2 on a championship team. AD can't dictate the pace of the game because he's a power forward. He can be #1 but I mean, are you going to tell me his team is good? They're below average. You'll probably bring up Jokic here and while Jokic is a very fine and elite player, his team is better than the Pelicans. Swap Jokic with the Pelicans and they aren't a better team. Swap AD to the Nuggets. Do you think they're making the playoffs or not?

3) Lol, not an elite player? How many players do you think quantify as elite? Ten seems VERY elite to me. 10/400. Do the math. That's 2.5. In any field or profession, 2.5% is considered elite. I'm not sure what you're watching. He's remarkably better than Bosh/K-Love but the days of a power forward or center carrying a team by themselves is over. And that's pretty much what you're expecting. Your problem is you're trying to compare AD to Tim Duncan and Dirk and think AD should be able to replicate that. Those days, as I've stated, are simply over. Look at the top power forwards in the game.. I'll list some for you: KP, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Draymond Green.

Here's a complete list categorized as PF's by ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/position/power-forwards

Outside of Giannis (for obvious reasons) find me a single player on the list that is leading a team and is an elite player.. Really, take a LONG HARD look at the list. The position has just changed. PF is the WEAKEST position in the league when a decade ago, it was arguably the best.

AD is an elite player. He's just not being used correctly or supplied with enough help. AD wanted Rondo back after what Rondo did for them in the playoffs and they chose not to match the Lakers offer. They let Rondo walk for $9 million... and then proceeded to sign Elfrid Payton to replace him. Pelicans offered Cousins a two-year $40 million contract and then when free agency came along, the offer was pulled and he wasn't getting them anymore. Here is what Cousins said:

“I think about our pairing all the time,” Cousins told The Athletic’s Shams Charania. “Me and AD talk about it. It’s ****ed up. It could’ve been something great, something special, but other people had different things in mind. That’s out of our control, and you never know what’ll happen later on down the line.”

Him AND AD talk about it. That means AD was clearly not happy with their decision to let Cousins walk. So Pelicans lost Cousins and Rondo, two of their starters, for Randle and Payton. You're telling me this is what you want to see from a team you're playing for?

I'm going to give you some more context of how poorly ran this Pelicans franchise is:
Their current GM had very little experience doing anything at an NBA level. Yet, he's hired as a GM and still is their GM?

What about Eric Gordon and Ryan Andersen on the team and both being relatively unhealthy while AD was dominating the league? You have two of the teams highest paid players who aren't even healthy. Big money being tied up to players who aren't capable of playing will lose you games. When they didn't make the playoffs, it had to do with injuries to Ryan and Gordon. It wasn't AD's fault they missed it. Don't forget they also signed Tyreke Evans, traded for Jrue Holiday while having Eric Gordon on the team at that time. They had three guards who were ball dominant on the same team and was paying them a hefty price - meaning they had no money to fill up the rest of the team with quality players.

No player the past five years has had more teammate changes than AD. Is that AD's fault? No. That's the GM not knowing WTF to do and making trade after trade until something clicks. Want proof? Look at this.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NOP/2017.html

26 different players played for the Pelicans that season. TWENTY SIX. How do you expect a team to adapt and grow when you're making that many damn changes THROUGHOUT the season? Is that AD's fault as well that his team has a high turnover and he's forced to adjust to their games all while trying to grow as a player himself?

What about paying Omer Asik $58 million for five years? What the hell was this about? So they paid Asik money to do what exactly? Is that AD's fault as well? That's not even the worst part. They signed Solomon Hill to a four year, $52 million contract. Who is Solomon Hill? Well, here's your $52 million dollar man:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hillso01.html

Btw, he's STILL on the team. He's their fourth highest paid player. So the Pelicans thought it was a great idea to pay him $13 million per year because he averaged 4 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist for the Pacers. Again, is this AD's fault?

I remember hearing about this in 2016 and couldn't believe how poorly funded this Pelicans team is. Here's a full-story on it:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/15179914/new-orleans-pelicans-season-injury

Here is AD saying he was playing with a shoulder injury for three years:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/3/21/11277978/anthony-davis-injury-shoulder-torn-labrum-3-years

Here is how many games the Pelicans players missed in 2015-2016 (they went 30-52 and missed the playoffs): 340 games. By far the most games missed by players being injured on a team.

Is it a coincidence that Eric Gordon has played more games in season 1/season 2 with the Rockets than any amount of games he's played in a lone season for the Pelicans? Eric Gordon was playing for the Pelicans for five seasons. So far, he's in his third season with the Rockets. During his entire tenure with the Pelicans, he's only played 39 more games for the Pelicans than the Rockets. That's not a coincidence.

You might have noticed I've asked you numerous times if this is AD's fault. It's for a purpose. None of what you said relates to it being AD's fault. I've gave you numerous reasons as to why it's beyond his control. Injuries, poor management, poor teammates, poor team construction, and all the while they are playing in a stacked Western Conference. Again, refute what I said. Don't just tell me, "OMG, AD can't lead his team to the playoffs so he must not be elite." No, he's an elite player stuck on a horrible franchise.

#1-He has more than just himself on the team. Quit acting like he is just out there with a bunch of scrubs. Holiday is averaging 21/8/5 while playing great defense. Randle is averaging almost 20/10 off the bench. Mirotic when healthy has been good even though we all know hes not a great defensive presence. Payton isn't bad as a backup PG which allows Holiday to slide to SG where he actually plays most of his minutes. This isn't a bad team especially if AD is this "elite player". This was a team everyone was clamoring about in the offseason as a lock to make the playoffs but now that they aren't suddenly they are crap and none of it is ADs fault. I'm not saying he's playing for a great team but hes playing on a good enough team to make the playoffs if hes so damn good.

And you make these excuses that he can't dictate pace ect. and that's why his team is out of the playoffs this year. And yes I absolutely will bring up Jokic because he is a better and more impactful player. They were ravaged by injuries and have been forced to play absolute nobodys at points this year and they are still second in the "stacked WC". Yes the Pelicans would be better and the Nuggets would be worse. Hes not nearly as impactful as Jokic. If this Pelicans team is so garbage and obviously being carried by the great AD then why haven't they been completely inept in his absence? They've been .500 (small sample size) with ****ing Okafor replacing him for Christ sake.

Cousins and Love couldn't make the playoffs because they are the same as AD, stat stuffers with minimal impact. Remember how the Pels played their best basketball ofter Boogie went down and they got a much "lesser" player in Mirotic? And why would they have offered a massive deal to a guy who tore his Achilles and they played better without??

You can harp about crap that happened years ago with Gordon and Anderson and Osik but I'm more concerned with this year when they had stability and were expected to easily make the playoffs and they have been a huge disappointment. But yet again none of that is ADs fault.

And if you actually think that prime Dirk/Duncan aren't in a completely different realm than Davis I dunno what to tell you. They would be just fine in today's game and probably play a lot of C just like Davis. You want to make out like PF is relegated out of the game, it's not. There just aren't any truly great ones right now besides Giannis. It's funny you said "obvious reasons" when referring to Giannis....yeah, hes obviously a better, more impactful player than AD which is why he can lead a team to the playoffs and AD can't. Remember when just a few years ago the center had been relegated out of the game because of small ball....turns out there just weren't any truly great centers and now that there are we are seeing them lead teams (Embiid/Jokic).

They literally haven't missed a beat by replacing this "elite player" with a guy literally nobody even wanted on their team. But yeah, none of this is AD's fault. Whatever man, his team isn't the best and they haven't made the best of decisions in the past but he ABSOLUTELY deserves a big portion of the blame for not being a playoff contender up to this point. That's just how it is when you are the teams best player and widely considered the best big in the game whether you think it's fair or not.

JAZZNC
01-30-2019, 05:40 PM

Sure buddy, whatever you say🙄

Jazz is a homer since someone mention in the AD thread that AD is better than Gobert. He got butthurt and call AD overrated.

I don't recall getting butthurt at all. I just said I wouldn't trade Gobert for AD because he wouldn't resign and Gobert is the engine that drives our team because of how impactful he is on the defensive side of the ball. Plenty of people would say that AD is much better than Gobert and that's fine with me but I wouldn't trade him for Davis.

FlashBolt
01-30-2019, 06:09 PM
After all I just told you, you still deny deny deny. Pointless discussion.

Leftcoast_yg
01-30-2019, 06:46 PM

Lol, yeah nice post Flash.

jaydubb
01-30-2019, 07:41 PM
Thing is, AD has made it known that he wants to play for a contender. You trade Zion for AD, then you basically just gave Zion up for a 1 year rental.

I would of course make the trade if AD agrees to an extension, but because he wouldn't then there's no point in trading Zion for him imo.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2019, 07:48 PM
Who knows if Zion even pans out. Heck he's mainly bully ballin' right now. If he doesn't rain three's and has a decent jumper in the NBA he's a bust. He's not bully ballin' in the NBA. We've seen plenty of Bennetts and Oden's.

JAZZNC
01-30-2019, 08:00 PM
After all I just told you, you still deny deny deny. Pointless discussion.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Pointless discussion.

jaydubb
01-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Who knows if Zion even pans out. Heck he's mainly bully ballin' right now. If he doesn't rain three's and has a decent jumper in the NBA he's a bust. He's not bully ballin' in the NBA. We've seen plenty of Bennetts and Oden's.

Someone said it best but his floor is a waaay more athletic version of Julius Randle so I think he will be good, but the question is how good.

FlashBolt
01-30-2019, 10:50 PM
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Pointless discussion.

What excuses? I gave you examples of why the team underachieved. You just responded for the sake of responding.

More-Than-Most
01-31-2019, 02:17 AM
#1-He has more than just himself on the team. Quit acting like he is just out there with a bunch of scrubs. Holiday is averaging 21/8/5 while playing great defense. Randle is averaging almost 20/10 off the bench. Mirotic when healthy has been good even though we all know hes not a great defensive presence. Payton isn't bad as a backup PG which allows Holiday to slide to SG where he actually plays most of his minutes. This isn't a bad team especially if AD is this "elite player". This was a team everyone was clamoring about in the offseason as a lock to make the playoffs but now that they aren't suddenly they are crap and none of it is ADs fault. I'm not saying he's playing for a great team but hes playing on a good enough team to make the playoffs if hes so damn good.

And you make these excuses that he can't dictate pace ect. and that's why his team is out of the playoffs this year. And yes I absolutely will bring up Jokic because he is a better and more impactful player. They were ravaged by injuries and have been forced to play absolute nobodys at points this year and they are still second in the "stacked WC". Yes the Pelicans would be better and the Nuggets would be worse. Hes not nearly as impactful as Jokic. If this Pelicans team is so garbage and obviously being carried by the great AD then why haven't they been completely inept in his absence? They've been .500 (small sample size) with ****ing Okafor replacing him for Christ sake.

Cousins and Love couldn't make the playoffs because they are the same as AD, stat stuffers with minimal impact. Remember how the Pels played their best basketball ofter Boogie went down and they got a much "lesser" player in Mirotic? And why would they have offered a massive deal to a guy who tore his Achilles and they played better without??

You can harp about crap that happened years ago with Gordon and Anderson and Osik but I'm more concerned with this year when they had stability and were expected to easily make the playoffs and they have been a huge disappointment. But yet again none of that is ADs fault.

And if you actually think that prime Dirk/Duncan aren't in a completely different realm than Davis I dunno what to tell you. They would be just fine in today's game and probably play a lot of C just like Davis. You want to make out like PF is relegated out of the game, it's not. There just aren't any truly great ones right now besides Giannis. It's funny you said "obvious reasons" when referring to Giannis....yeah, hes obviously a better, more impactful player than AD which is why he can lead a team to the playoffs and AD can't. Remember when just a few years ago the center had been relegated out of the game because of small ball....turns out there just weren't any truly great centers and now that there are we are seeing them lead teams (Embiid/Jokic).

They literally haven't missed a beat by replacing this "elite player" with a guy literally nobody even wanted on their team. But yeah, none of this is AD's fault. Whatever man, his team isn't the best and they haven't made the best of decisions in the past but he ABSOLUTELY deserves a big portion of the blame for not being a playoff contender up to this point. That's just how it is when you are the teams best player and widely considered the best big in the game whether you think it's fair or not.

literally a week ago he was saying in the game thread how AD cant lead his team or get them wins like a player of his caliber should but NOW that there is a high chance of him being a laker he is now doing a 180

FlashBolt
01-31-2019, 03:10 AM
literally a week ago he was saying in the game thread how AD cant lead his team or get them wins like a player of his caliber should but NOW that there is a high chance of him being a laker he is now doing a 180

Find where I said that. I love your hoard mentality. You dislike what I say in one thread and drag it onto another thread because you're an emotional puppy who thinks by ganging on someone, you're able to boost your opinion further. Think for yourself and make your own arguments. You're getting quite desperate. I haven't seen you use curse words since I called you out for using it like an emotional teenage girl. You're so easy to predict and manipulate.

More-Than-Most
01-31-2019, 03:32 AM
Find where I said that. I love your hoard mentality. You dislike what I say in one thread and drag it onto another thread because you're an emotional puppy who thinks by ganging on someone, you're able to boost your opinion further. Think for yourself and make your own arguments. You're getting quite desperate. I haven't seen you use curse words since I called you out for using it like an emotional teenage girl. You're so easy to predict and manipulate.

i will 100 percent find it for you no problem...its in one of the last 20 games threads... not that hard to do. The reason why i know is because I quoted you in shocked saying i just dont understand how his team doesnt win... i just love pointing out our hypocritical crap really.

I called brett a ****ing ******* or some **** in the game thread 2 nights ago lololol. You only see what you want to see and are letting your new found fanhood get in the way.

TylerSL
01-31-2019, 07:30 AM
If I were the Cavs I would rather have Zion because it would be hard to bring another star to Cleveland to play with AD. There is no building with Davis, you have to immediately try to win if you get him. With Zion you can tank for another year or two and hope to acquire top talent and build a strong core through the draft the way the Thunder and Warriors did in years past.

If I were the Knicks I would rather have Anthony Davis. New York would likely be able to pair him with another superstar and AD+another superstar would make the Knicks one of the best teams in the East, even if they had to part with KP to get him (although I would resist that if I was the Knicks).

Tg11
01-31-2019, 01:01 PM
If I were the Cavs I would rather have Zion because it would be hard to bring another star to Cleveland to play with AD. There is no building with Davis, you have to immediately try to win if you get him. With Zion you can tank for another year or two and hope to acquire top talent and build a strong core through the draft the way the Thunder and Warriors did in years past.

If I were the Knicks I would rather have Anthony Davis. New York would likely be able to pair him with another superstar and AD+another superstar would make the Knicks one of the best teams in the East, even if they had to part with KP to get him (although I would resist that if I was the Knicks).

Yeah honestly if I'm the Cavs, Suns, Knicks, or the Bulls depending on who wins the lottery for that #1 pick I keep Zion Williamson but there's even been talk that Zion slips in the draft to #2 or #3 even just from what I've heard.

Chronz
01-31-2019, 01:50 PM
Yeah honestly if I'm the Cavs, Suns, Knicks, or the Bulls depending on who wins the lottery for that #1 pick I keep Zion Williamson but there's even been talk that Zion slips in the draft to #2 or #3 even just from what I've heard.
Lol. The Knicks?

kyubi256
01-31-2019, 02:16 PM
Depends if you have the necessary pieces to build around AD. I'd rather Zion cause he's gonna be cheap so you can build a team around him with resources that you can't with AD unless you have cap space

FlashBolt
01-31-2019, 04:20 PM
i will 100 percent find it for you no problem...its in one of the last 20 games threads... not that hard to do. The reason why i know is because I quoted you in shocked saying i just dont understand how his team doesnt win... i just love pointing out our hypocritical crap really.

I called brett a ****ing ******* or some **** in the game thread 2 nights ago lololol. You only see what you want to see and are letting your new found fanhood get in the way.

Okay find it and stop crying

JAZZNC
01-31-2019, 09:56 PM
Just like how everybody was calling the Kings idiots during the Boogie trade but now hes saying it was a huge mistake to trade Buddy for a Boogie rental. Whatever he's gotta say to fit his narrative. Like bringing up friggin Anderson and Gordon's contracts like that has anything to do with this year at all???? Just trying to make any excuse he can to make it look like the teams sub par performance has nothing to do with AD. Even going so far as to say the PF position can't be impactful anymore haha (even though he plays Center the majority of the time but that doesn't help his made up notion that the PF position can't have an impact).

ewing
01-31-2019, 09:59 PM
I think the Knick should trade this pick now

JAZZNC
01-31-2019, 10:00 PM
I think the Knick should trade this pick now

Why is that? And for what?

FlashBolt
01-31-2019, 10:01 PM
Just like how everybody was calling the Kings idiots during the Boogie trade but now hes saying it was a huge mistake to trade Buddy for a Boogie rental. Whatever he's gotta say to fit his narrative. Like bringing up friggin Anderson and Gordon's contracts like that has anything to do with this year at all???? Just trying to make any excuse he can to make it look like the teams sub par performance has nothing to do with AD. Even going so far as to say the PF position can't be impactful anymore haha (even though he plays Center the majority of the time but that doesn't help his made up notion that the PF position can't have an impact).

They are 3-8 without AD.. What are you talking about? You're delusional, buddy. You're not this dumb so don't pretend to be just because you dislike AD. Saying he's not an elite player is evident you're so far off the cliff with this discussion to be taken seriously. Plus, I gave you actual context and legitimate reasons as to why the Pelicans have failed miserably. All you do is blame AD without any sufficient evidence that it is directly related to him for their failures. Right, because losing Cousins+Rondo for Randle+Payton was a great move and definitely would help AD. Are you confused? Yes, of course it's a damn mistake. They LET GO of Boogie so they got NOTHING in return... the mistake exists because they chose not to resign Boogie. I guess that blew past your mind, huh? I'm about to tell you why he plays center. You ready for it? Because the Pelicans paid Omer Asik big money to play Center but he was worthless so they couldn't get any other center. AD isn't a natural center. It's why Cousins and him worked pretty well up until Cousins got injured. They were just starting to pull in a winning streak until he got injured. Again, you used no context. Just using the blame game. Let me guess, you think Gobert is better than AD? Is that why you're having difficult here?

ewing
01-31-2019, 11:32 PM
Why is that? And for what?

i kidd

IKnowHoops
02-01-2019, 12:09 AM
Absolutely. Zion is Anthony Bennett.

Stop bro

IKnowHoops
02-01-2019, 12:19 AM
Couldn't disagree with you more re RJ/Zion but yeah, of course. It's honestly a non-question/thread, we're just being silly.

Ditto on the Zion/Barrett talk

zookman65
02-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Zion's range of 5 feet will cannibalize higher value shots for any team that takes him. He will have some rim rocking dunks where he jumps higher than necessary for dramatic effect but I dont see him being a plus offensive player in the modern NBA.

ewing
02-01-2019, 01:26 AM
Zion's range of 5 feet will cannibalize higher value shots for any team that takes him. He will have some rim rocking dunks where he jumps higher than necessary for dramatic effect but I dont see him being a plus offensive player in the modern NBA.

He will be a phenom

Heediot
02-01-2019, 09:24 AM

His ball handling and ability to attack off the bounce alone is prized in the modern game. The game is good for penetrators and shooters. His size and mobilty should give defenders fits. If he can develop a J, if will only help him set up defenders/defenses better. I think he is the type of guy who'll put in the work and is really coach-able. He'll be fine. Giannis, Simmons have done pretty good for their limited range in the new nba. Bron also in the past.

Scoots
02-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Zion is a smart player driven to be great who is starting as an elite athlete. So he's got a great foundation to start from. He does need to rebuild his shooting form though.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Nah. Davis doesn't want to stay and I'd most likely be a rebuilding team if I had the #1 pick.

STRIKERC
02-03-2019, 09:16 PM

Wouldn't this make it building around someone else, not AD?
JAZZNC is spot on, AD is overrated until he proves that he can make others around him better. Well, we are not going to find that out because he has already decided he's incapable of doing that. I know we live in a politically correct world these days but let's call a spade a spade.

He's nothing more than an injury prone stat stuffing star player.
The excuse about him not having a great coach is nonsense. Plenty Superstar players have made mediocre coaches look legendary.

goingfor28
02-03-2019, 11:31 PM
He will be a phenom

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe will be Anthony Bennett 2.0

FlashBolt
02-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't this make it building around someone else, not AD?
JAZZNC is spot on, AD is overrated until he proves that he can make others around him better. Well, we are not going to find that out because he has already decided he's incapable of doing that. I know we live in a politically correct world these days but let's call a spade a spade.

He's nothing more than an injury prone stat stuffing star player.
The excuse about him not having a great coach is nonsense. Plenty Superstar players have made mediocre coaches look legendary.

Injury prone? He played 75 games each of the last two years. Most of his injuries were because the Pelicans shared facilities with the Saints and thus, there was less provided to them compared to other NBA teams. Read up on what I posted because if you can't dispute any of what I said there, I shouldn't waste my time explaining myself again. The times they didn't make the playoffs, AD was a baby and also, their highest paid players were injured. Read my post a page back or don't even bother replying back, honestly.