PDA

View Full Version : Should LeBron just have gone back to Cleveland for a year?

Chronz
01-28-2019, 02:58 PM
And would that promise have been enough to make the trade I suggested at the time, which they later mentioned they might've with a resign. The pros are that you get Kemba for last year's finals birth and this year and possibly one of either Marvin or Dwight.

The cons are you're missing out on the greatest draft in awhile.

If you're Bron the motives are obvious, you sign a 1+1, give the Lakers another year to make moves and develop, all while you go into free agency with one of the deepest casts in awhile (maybe he doesn't go to LA). All while getting a significant upgrade in talent for your final 2 runs with Cleveland.

The cons are that you have to begin your Lakers career a year later, maybe hurting his case for a possible jersey retirement.

TrueFan420
01-28-2019, 03:14 PM
No because his move to LA was business first b-ball second. His already large brand has grown rapidly since moving to LA. No reason to put it off. Staying with the Cavs still would have been an L of a season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:19 PM
I suggested this a couple times. It give Lakers another year to tank and get one more good draft pick to use as bait. Since Ball and Hart aren't much. Ingram is so so at best. Kuzma is the main piece. But other teams can top Kuzma easily. They could of sat on Deng contract one more season and be a year less and used as a salary filer in a big trade. Also could of had Randle cheap yet. Yeah it be one more year of LeBron playing deep into playoffs in the east. Now he got injured playing in the west. As of today Lakers out of playoffs. Lakers need a win now move badly. But Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart package isn't to enticing.

prodigy
01-29-2019, 10:02 AM
No because his move to LA was business first b-ball second. His already large brand has grown rapidly since moving to LA. No reason to put it off. Staying with the Cavs still would have been an L of a season.

I agree. Lets list the reasons he went to LA.

1. Business
2. Business
3. Business
4. Collect a max contract
5. "hey, if we are able to grab a couple stars then ok we can try for a title"

I mean Lebron could be playing right now if he wanted.

prodigy
01-29-2019, 03:22 PM
I suggested this a couple times. It give Lakers another year to tank and get one more good draft pick to use as bait. Since Ball and Hart aren't much. Ingram is so so at best. Kuzma is the main piece. But other teams can top Kuzma easily. They could of sat on Deng contract one more season and be a year less and used as a salary filer in a big trade. Also could of had Randle cheap yet. Yeah it be one more year of LeBron playing deep into playoffs in the east. Now he got injured playing in the west. As of today Lakers out of playoffs. Lakers need a win now move badly. But Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart package isn't to enticing.

3 team trade-

Kuzma, Zubac, Ball, 1st or i don't even pick up the phone if im pelicans

Then hopefully another will jump in who they can drop Ball bum ***** onto and be able to snag someone else.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2019, 02:33 PM
3 team trade-

Kuzma, Zubac, Ball, 1st or i don't even pick up the phone if im pelicans

Then hopefully another will jump in who they can drop Ball bum ***** onto and be able to snag someone else.

Depends if Pelicans trade Holiday or not. If they don't then yeah flip Ball to Suns or Magic or Mavs or Knicks or Bulls.