PDA

View Full Version : Fultz, Ball, Tatum

Giannis94
01-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Consensus top 3 back during the draft. No idea what's happened to any of the 3. my oh my. what an interesting debate as to who is the top dog, here. fultz has soooo much upside. Ball= kidd. and Tatum? He;s not a star. Doesn;t have the upside these other guys .

If I'm starting a team today with 1/3 these guys who do I start with? guys with upside? Or a nice role player in tatum?

STRIKERC
01-28-2019, 11:15 AM
Whichever player Milwaukee picked should be your choice.

Giannis94
01-28-2019, 11:16 AM
Whichever player Milwaukee picked should be your choice.

We don't want Lavar ball in mke who would go stir crazy. fultz no comment. tatum idk. call me maybe?

goingfor28
01-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Lol Lonzo is not Jason Kidd. Not even close.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TheDish87
01-28-2019, 11:59 AM
was there another Kidd that played int he NBA? thats the only way Ball could be compared bcuz he sure as **** isnt close to Jason Kidd.

Giannis94
01-28-2019, 01:23 PM
was there another Kidd that played int he NBA? thats the only way Ball could be compared bcuz he sure as **** isnt close to Jason Kidd.

That narritive was jammed down our throats when he was drafted and even during most of his rookie year as he had an "interesting" season. I assumed that he's lived up to those expectations. has he not?

Silent
01-28-2019, 04:36 PM
Tatum

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 04:47 PM
Tatum has done more in 1.5 seasons than the other two will their entire first contracts.

Fultz doesn't get a grade because he's been injured his entire career. Ball is exactly what every non-Laker fan thought he'd be. Tatum is the most likely to have a long NBA career. Maybe he won't have a bunch of all-star appearances, but he's the safest bet by far.

rc33
01-29-2019, 05:18 PM
LMAO at "soooo much upside" for Fultz.
The guy doesn't...even...play.
The "injured' excuse is nothing short of laughable at this point.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 06:42 PM
Ball will be the best player out of these three. He just turned 21 and knows how to play basketball the right way. He'll miss FT's and threes but all things considered, there is nothing else wrong with his game. Would love for the guy to be more vocal, though.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2019, 08:17 PM
Ball will be the best player out of these three. He just turned 21 and knows how to play basketball the right way. He'll miss FT's and threes but all things considered, there is nothing else wrong with his game. Would love for the guy to be more vocal, though.

miss fts/wont hit 3s/wont drive because he is scared of FTs and cant finish when he does drive... He app is a bad leader and isnt vocal at all. The easy choice is tatum... Fultz who knows because of the injury but ball looks a mess as well.

Fultz and ball could haunt the lakers/sixers for a long time if they dont turn it around.

R. Johnson#3
02-02-2019, 12:51 AM
If Fultz gets the therapy he needs and is able to escape the yips then he'll be the best one of the bunch. It should be clear by now there's no shoulder injury and it's 10000000000% mental.

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:47 AM
Tatum has done more in 1.5 seasons than the other two will their entire first contracts.

Fultz doesn't get a grade because he's been injured his entire career. Ball is exactly what every non-Laker fan thought he'd be. Tatum is the most likely to have a long NBA career. Maybe he won't have a bunch of all-star appearances, but he's the safest bet by far.

Depends on what you're looking for. No question Tatum is the best scorer of these three but does Tatum have enough scoring talent to be the 1st option player? I don't think he does. And that's where a guy like Ball's value significantly increases. He plays great defense and can pass the ball. Like I said, I think Ball will be the best of these three and it's got to do with his mature game. I just can't ignore it. He makes the correct play more often than not and that's something that won't change regardless of the team he is in. My only concern is yes, the shooting is very poor for someone who came out of college with a very good clip. Overall, they are still very young but Fultz excuses is just tiring at this point. I see no reason, as a championship contender, to still put this much focus that will only distract the team. Butler will put a hammer down on this kid when he gets back. He probably already is. Tatum/Ball are both in an unfair situation here as well. They're simply too young and are in two of the greatest winning franchises ever. Would love to see both of them on a smaller market team where they can actually lead a franchise like the old days.

FlashBolt
02-02-2019, 06:49 AM
If Fultz gets the therapy he needs and is able to escape the yips then he'll be the best one of the bunch. It should be clear by now there's no shoulder injury and it's 10000000000% mental.

If it's mental, good luck with Jimmy Butler. He's going to be on that kid's head like the boogeyman.

corky831
02-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Tatum easily. He's scoring over 16 points a game. That's a role player?

IndyRealist
02-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Depends on what you're looking for. No question Tatum is the best scorer of these three but does Tatum have enough scoring talent to be the 1st option player? I don't think he does. And that's where a guy like Ball's value significantly increases. He plays great defense and can pass the ball. Like I said, I think Ball will be the best of these three and it's got to do with his mature game. I just can't ignore it. He makes the correct play more often than not and that's something that won't change regardless of the team he is in. My only concern is yes, the shooting is very poor for someone who came out of college with a very good clip. Overall, they are still very young but Fultz excuses is just tiring at this point. I see no reason, as a championship contender, to still put this much focus that will only distract the team. Butler will put a hammer down on this kid when he gets back. He probably already is. Tatum/Ball are both in an unfair situation here as well. They're simply too young and are in two of the greatest winning franchises ever. Would love to see both of them on a smaller market team where they can actually lead a franchise like the old days.

Nothing you said contradicts what I said.

Tatum is easily the most likely of the 3 to be a #1 option, and as I said the most likely to have the longest career. Because he's already good, and his skillset doesn't have to be built around. You can literally insert him into any lineup, any system, in the NBA and he'll be fine.

Ball has to be built around because he can't shoot, but he has to have the ball in his hands to be productive. That limits where he can go and be successful, as we're seeing in LA. You wouldn't put him next to Irving, for instance. That's not to say that he doesn't have a high ceiling, because he does. I don't know how many times I have to say that he's better than Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma for that to become apparent.

But if you asked me to put $50k on who I thought would make it 15 years, or would make the most ASGs, or play in more Finals, it'd be Tatum every time.

tp13baby
02-02-2019, 12:24 PM
I said Tatum was most NBA ready and the safest pick. Likely true with the injuries to Fultz.Fultz had the highest ceiling in my opinion. Ball was going to struggle but had a chance to be great.