PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis requests trade

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Switch
01-28-2019, 08:32 AM
Agent Rich Paul has notified the New Orleans Pelicans that All-NBA forward Anthony Davis has no intention of signing a contract extension if and when presented and that he has requested a trade, Paul told ESPN on Monday.

-Woj

Tg11
01-28-2019, 08:39 AM
Anthony Davis is going to either the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks or he ends up somewhere we don't expect...either way a lot of teams are gonna be courting Davis now especially now that he's on the trade block

KB24PG16
01-28-2019, 08:52 AM
reading that boston can't trade for him during the season. woj retweeted this

Vee-Rex
01-28-2019, 08:52 AM
Edit: Nevermind

Vee-Rex
01-28-2019, 08:54 AM
reading that boston can't trade for him during the season. woj retweeted this

Edit: nevermind

KB24PG16
01-28-2019, 08:57 AM
Edit: nevermind

can't have two guys playing on a "rose deal" contract i guess

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Thing is, if Celtics want him now. They need to trade Irving right now cause of the Rose rule. But i'm sure Suns or Magic would offer up something for Irving right now. I'm sure Lakers already on the phone with Kuzma,Ball,Ingram,Hart and any junk fillers on the table. Ball is injured and doubt Pelicans want him anyway since they got Holiday. Unless Pelicans decide to trade Holiday as well. I could see Magic or Suns as a third team that gets injured Ball. So if Celtics get AD. They would need two big trades.

Vee-Rex
01-28-2019, 09:07 AM
Magic better go all in.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 09:08 AM
But two big trades would be tricky. Chance Ainge be lining up a few teams for Irving right now. Then deal him. Then miss out on AD anyway. So be best to almost send Tatum and Irving for AD. Pelicans then find a team to take on expiring Irving. Extract more assets.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 09:10 AM
I'd request a trade too if I was a "top 5" player who can't even get his team to the playoffs. Better run to somebody who can carry your overrated *** to the dance. These so called superstars are the biggest *****es in professional sports. Just constantly taking the path of least resistance.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 09:14 AM
Raptors need to get in on this.

Maybe Pels are spiteful like the Spurs and spurn the Lakers. If that's the case Toronto should reap the benefits again. Boston can't trade for him unless they move Kyrie. Need to take adavantage of the situation as they did with KL in the summer.

Siakim, OG, Powell, Jonas, Picks for AD and a shooter.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 09:15 AM
I'd request a trade too if I was a "top 5" player who can't even get his team to the playoffs. Better run to somebody who can carry your overrated *** to the dance. These so called superstars are the biggest *****es in professional sports. Just constantly taking the path of least resistance.

Yeah. Too much guys worried about image and not winning a ship. To me playing well in the playoffs carries more weight versus winning a ship.

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Anthony Davis is going to either the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks or he ends up somewhere we don't expect...either way a lot of teams are gonna be courting Davis now especially now that he's on the trade block

So...you're speculating that Davis will end up on an NBA team?

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 09:24 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8zhdetu

Miamiís assets are better.

still1ballin
01-28-2019, 09:26 AM

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiteWolf
01-28-2019, 09:27 AM
another reason the NBA has lost me.....players are allowed the ability to generate too much leverage

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 09:28 AM
so...you're speculating that davis will end up on an nba team?

ha!

PAOboston
01-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Pelicans would be dumb to not wait until the summer. Might as well shut down Davis now for the season for his finger injury and tank to get a better pick. Then youíll have a wider pool of offers in the summer, including the Cs who can probably offer the best overall package of picks and players.

BUT... If I am Toronto I am offering up everything to pair AD with Leonard for a shot this year.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 09:32 AM
Pelicans would be dumb to not wait until the summer. Might as well shut down Davis now for the season for his finger injury and tank to get a better pick. Then youíll have a wider pool of offers in the summer, including the Cs who can probably offer the best overall package of picks and players.

Bron's agency trying to make moves and manipulate the situation so C's can't put up an offer. Bich *** move, very kd like, but Brons been that punk before. Hope the Pel's screw them both over and ship him to the Raptors.

PAOboston
01-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Bron's agency trying to make moves and manipulate the situation so C's can't put up an offer. Bich *** move, very kd like, but Brons been that punk before. Hope the Pel's screw them both over and ship him to the Raptors.

Agreed. I think it is all maneuvering by ADís agent in giving the Lakers/LeBron a shot because he knows NOP likely would prefer Boston offer in the summer if they wait. Which is why announcing it now is slightly odd.

And I agree about Toronto too. They should be all in right now.

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 09:36 AM

Except in this case his value really does go down this summer, because his agent is Rich Paul. Everyone knows Rich Paul is maneuvering all his players to LA. Assuming he doesn't have a falling out with Magic, that's where Davis is headed summer 2020.

PAOboston
01-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Except in this case his value really does go down this summer, because his agent is Rich Paul. Everyone knows Rich Paul is maneuvering all his players to LA. Assuming he doesn't have a falling out with Magic, that's where Davis is headed summer 2020.

Ehhhh. I donít buy that. Say hypothetically that AD does get traded to Boston. He would really pass on that situation to go play with a 35 year old LeBron? If his goal is to win itís an odd stance to take. I think heís have a tough time passing up on the situation and the money.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 09:44 AM
Ehhhh. I donít buy that. Say hypothetically that AD does get traded to Boston. He would really pass on that situation to go play with a 35 year old LeBron? If his goal is to win itís an odd stance to take. I think heís have a tough time passing up on the situation and the money.

Yeah if the team he is traded to is a legit contender, it'd be hard for him to leave with all the media talk he's spouting about winning/legacy,

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 09:46 AM

Hypothetically, if he gets traded to Boston, the Celtics are going to have to gut their team to get him. There's no guarantee the Celtics have a good situation for him, especially if they retain Irving who is having problems meshing with anyone. He can walk on to LA as a free agent because they have so many rookie scale contracts.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 09:52 AM
Lakers had a good look at their young kids these past weeks and probably liked the option of consolidating some of them for a big piece like ad.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 09:59 AM
Dont sleep on the bucks/pacers/knicks... If I am the knicks I am offering up KP because AD gets kyrie there this summer. If the lakers were smart they would flat out go all in and tell the pelicans they can have any 2 of Kuzma/Ingram/Ball with hart and multiple firsts. It hurts them though because they cant sign a max guy i dont think if they trade for him.... Man this is gonna be interesting.. Clippers/Jazz also could be players.

Lol fun note imagine if the warriors offered up a deal around draymond or klay or both xD.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:00 AM
Id love to see dallas get him... DSJ/Jordan and a few firsts might get it done.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:01 AM
This is where Magic needs to do something. He has been an utter failure so far with losing randle for nothing... not trading for KL or PG13 thinking they would sign there and picking ball over much better talent... If someone gets AD and he stays and KL signs with the clippers... Man.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 10:03 AM
Dont sleep on the bucks/pacers/knicks... If I am the knicks I am offering up KP because AD gets kyrie there this summer. If the lakers were smart they would flat out go all in and tell the pelicans they can have any 2 of Kuzma/Ingram/Ball with hart and multiple firsts. It hurts them though because they cant sign a max guy i dont think if they trade for him.... Man this is gonna be interesting.. Clippers/Jazz also could be players.

Lol fun note imagine if the warriors offered up a deal around draymond or klay or both xD.
What would you envision the Jazz offering?

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:08 AM
What would you envision the Jazz offering?

it would probably have to be centered around gobert no? I am a huge gobert fan but this is AD. Gobert will likely be the best player the pelicans could get in a deal for AD currently if we are being honest. They wouldnt get as much in terms of assets but a gobert/rubio/holiday trio would be nice... you wont replace AD but its a start.

Htownballa1622
01-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Capela and 4 first. GIT IT DUN MURRAY!

Seriously though, this tells me they don't give a **** about Boston and most likely want to end up in L.A. (Smart for him too)

Interesting to see if Pels wait until a team like Boston can jump in during summer or if Brow gives a "list" of preferred teams. Trade deadline is February 7th! Here's 10 days to decide the fate of your franchise New Orleans!

Rivera
01-28-2019, 10:15 AM
I hate to be that guy but what about Ben Simmons for AD? Who says no?

Ben / Wilson chandler / korz works salary wise for AD

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:17 AM
I hate to be that guy but what about Ben Simmons for AD? Who says no?

Ben / Wilson chandler / korz works salary wise for AD

I say no just because our backup PG is TJ... We would be ****ed. On top of that I was never a fan of cousins/AD... I dont like that much beef in the middle. If I am trading ben it would have been for KL and I still wouldnt have done that. Even with AD we get smashed by the warriors if we even get there... Its better to let ben progress and try and get a top free agent in the off season. I dont think AD/Embiid would work like people assume.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 10:18 AM

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 10:18 AM
There is unlikely any move the Pacers could make for AD that the Pacers would be willing to do. If Turner wasn't on a poison pill, I'd build a package around him.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:19 AM

Bron and AD would be magic as long as bron doesnt decline. If bron declines 4 years of lakers tanking would look so bad.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 10:21 AM
it would probably have to be centered around gobert no? I am a huge gobert fan but this is AD. Gobert will likely be the best player the pelicans could get in a deal for AD currently if we are being honest. They wouldnt get as much in terms of assets but a gobert/rubio/holiday trio would be nice... you wont replace AD but its a start.
I'd probably have to pass. I truly feel like Gobert will stay in Utah and AD just won't. AD puts up gaudy stats but he can't carry a team anywhere. There are very, very few players I'd move Gobert for and AD isn't one of them. If I'm moving Gobert its gotta be for a guy I think can lead us to a championship and AD ain't that guy IMO.

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 10:23 AM
I'd probably have to pass. I truly feel like Gobert will stay in Utah and AD just won't. AD puts up gaudy stats but he can't carry a team anywhere. There are very, very few players I'd move Gobert for and AD isn't one of them. If I'm moving Gobert its gotta be for a guy I think can lead us to a championship and AD ain't that guy IMO.

Gobert is just too irreplaceable. Even if you swap him with a better overall player your defense takes such a big hit because they're built around Rudy.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:23 AM

man i dont know... I feel like AD would to wonders with ingles/Dmitch/Rubio/Korver... Its literally the perfect PG/shooters for him

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:24 AM
Gobert is just too irreplaceable. Even if you swap him with a better overall player your defense takes such a big hit because they're built around Rudy.

they are but AD isnt a scrub on defense... He isnt gobert but he/embiid/gobert arent that far apart on defense.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Rubio/AD/Ingles/Dmitch makes noise out west... Esp if Dmitch is hot... add in korver/crowder/favors etc... sheesh

Heediot
01-28-2019, 10:26 AM
if bron can somehow get ad and kyrie to join him in la, that'd be something. I think the fit is good between the three and gs would be shook, it'd be a real battle.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:27 AM
if bron can somehow get ad and kyrie to join him in la, that'd be something. I think the fit is good between the three and gs would be shook, it'd be a real battle.

if they trade for AD I dont think they could afford to bring in kyrie unless he took a paycut... I could be wrong though... Its why most want the lakers to sign a KL/Durant or Klay FIRST and then use all their assets on trading For AD which is pretty fricking smart.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 10:28 AM
man i dont know... I feel like AD would to wonders with ingles/Dmitch/Rubio/Korver... Its literally the perfect PG/shooters for him

lol too many excuses for ad, before they said he didn't have the shooters. now he has more shooters and still can't elevate the pels. ad is good, but it's ball handlers who control the game/impact more in this league.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 10:29 AM
if they trade for AD I dont think they could afford to bring in kyrie unless he took a paycut... I could be wrong though... Its why most want the lakers to sign a KL/Durant or Klay FIRST and then use all their assets on trading For AD which is pretty fricking smart.

yeah that'd be really tough to pull off. probably only possible if kyrie signs in the summer and ad is traded for in the summer,

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:29 AM
lol too many excuses for ad, before they said he didn't have the shooters. now he has more shooters and still can't elevate the pels. ad is good, but it's ball handlers who control the game/impact more in this league.

hey i wont argue... he is an amazing talent but something is def off on why he cant win more games with the team he has. I just feel like the Jazz would be much much more dangerous with him and the risk would be worth taking... I am probably AD biggest critic while arguing with flash the past 2 years... I always stated embiid is better because he carries more and isnt just stats.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 10:31 AM
Lakers had a good look at their young kids these past weeks and probably liked the option of consolidating some of them for a big piece like ad.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc9wyvft

Not exciting but lets Pelicans tank hard. Even though they got 30 wins already. Also Ball is injured so he's negative value. Pelicans probably have to trade Holiday somewhere to extract more assets as well. Pelicans can flip KCP to like Rockets for dead weight Knight and maybe get two picks. Trade Ball to Suns for Bucks late pick and another young piece.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:31 AM
yeah that'd be really tough to pull off. probably only possible if kyrie signs in the summer and ad is traded for in the summer,

honestly they cant wait... if they wait they wont get AD because Boston would load up a package with firsts/Tatum and the lakers cant match their best offer.... Magic has to make this deal now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 10:32 AM
AD trade maybe be a blessing and Pelicans probably retool on the fly. Kinda gives me the Cousins vibe being traded for Hield and whatever else back then. Kings got better fast.

goingfor28
01-28-2019, 10:32 AM

BUT... If I am Toronto I am offering up everything to pair AD with Leonard for a shot this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOr you think they should wait so the Cs get him. Just be honest instead of making up some fantasy land reason.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:33 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc9wyvft

Not exciting but lets Pelicans tank hard. Even though they got 30 wins already. Also Ball is injured so he's negative value. Pelicans probably have to trade Holiday somewhere to extract more assets as well. Pelicans can flip KCP to like Rockets for dead weight Knight and maybe get two picks. Trade Ball to Suns for Bucks late pick and another young piece.

man id love KCP on the sixers. Ball is negative value because of his offense and injuries... Any deal starts with kuzma probably.

STRIKERC
01-28-2019, 10:34 AM

True talk.
I seriously can't understand the mindset of these players. Like for example, why would i join Lebron to help him write/solidify his legacy when i can write my own in a city that i will be a legend in forever?

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:34 AM
Or you think they should wait so the Cs get him. Just be honest instead of making up some fantasy land reason.

i personally think they would be stupid to trade him now as well unless a team bends over for them... Why not wait until the off season when more teams will be interested all while having a full season of AD available to any team he is traded to. Forcing a trade now without getting a kings ransom is moronic.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:37 AM
Man if we resign butler id love to give up smith plus the unprotected Heat pick for Jrue... My god.

STRIKERC
01-28-2019, 10:38 AM
True talk.
I seriously can't understand the mindset of these players. Like for example, why would i join Lebron to help him write/solidify his legacy when i can write my own in a city that i will be a legend in forever?

To answer my own question, i would do so if i know that i'm a tad bit overrated and i'm incapable of making my teammates better when i'm at my best(filling up the stat sheet).

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:40 AM
To answer my own question, i would do so if i know that i'm a tad bit overrated and i'm incapable of making my teammates better when i'm at my best(filling up the stat sheet).

now i feel like we are underrating AD a bit lol. He is still a top 8 player. Hell it took a new coach to get giannis led team to excel... Maybe there is some type of fit there that needs to be tweaked for AD as well.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 10:40 AM
Just saw someone say Woj doubts theyíll do a deal with the Lakers.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:42 AM
fun note Okafor has been amazing the 2 games he has started since AD went down xD

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:42 AM

magic is gonna make the same dumbass mistake the ainge has made... hold on to ****** pieces assets and hold your arms out when its not working.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:46 AM
man now i am amped up... want some big time trades lol

Heediot
AD trade maybe be a blessing and Pelicans probably retool on the fly. Kinda gives me the Cousins vibe being traded for Hield and whatever else back then. Kings got better fast.

I honestly think they are a better team if they trade with the Raps.

Jrue-Moore-OG-Mirotic-Siakim-Randle-Powell-Jonas gives them more depth and just as much defense, arguably more d. Still a fringe loff team at best.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
I was gonna suggest KP and Kanter for AD. But Knicks aren't winning and KP injured. Pelicans probably also want Knox tossed in then its close. Knicks would have to land a star this summer as well to pair with AD. But Knicks aren't winning which AD agent said he wants a winner. So Knicks are out.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 10:49 AM

Boom, this where the Raps pounce. No C's, and Pel's spite the Lakers like the spurs.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 10:52 AM
Boom, this where the Raps pounce. No C's, and Pel's spite the Lakers like the spurs.

I wouldn't count Ainge out just yet. He can trade Irving for a nice package and hand the keys over to Rozier at PG. Then still go after AD with a Tatum package.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't count Ainge out just yet. He can trade Irving for a nice package and hand the keys over to Rozier at PG. Then still go after AD with a Tatum package.

Yeah possible. I don't see them trading both Kyrie and Tatum to land ad.

LA_1
01-28-2019, 10:55 AM
Brad Turner
Brad Turner
@BA_Turner
Hearing from sources if Lakers want Anthony Davis, who has requested a trade, LA has to start the deal with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, No. 1 pick.
6:30 AM ∑ Jan 28, 2019 ∑ Twitter for iPad

goingfor28
01-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Brad Turner
Brad Turner
@BA_Turner
Hearing from sources if Lakers want Anthony Davis, who has requested a trade, LA has to start the deal with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, No. 1 pick.
6:30 AM ∑ Jan 28, 2019 ∑ Twitter for iPadDavis is easilyworth all of that

STRIKERC
01-28-2019, 10:59 AM
now i feel like we are underrating AD a bit lol. He is still a top 8 player. Hell it took a new coach to get giannis led team to excel... Maybe there is some type of fit there that needs to be tweaked for AD as well.

Maybe i am, but I've been a fan of this game for too long to know that there are two types of superstars. Ones who put up stats but can't help their teammates and ones who actually make others better even if they're not filling up the stat sheet. I see AD as the former. Maybe i'm wrong but that's what i think.

As a Sixers fan i hope Boston guts their current team for him. Their current team is our kryptonite. I like my chances against an AD led team.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 11:04 AM
It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Boston needs to go all in and stop holding onto to their collection of picks and players who won't ever be stars but instead good NBA players..

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 11:11 AM
Nuggets should try to get him.

Jayb587
01-28-2019, 11:18 AM
Offer everyone magic. Let's go!!💪

Heediot
01-28-2019, 11:23 AM
Nuggets should try to get him.

Milsap, Harris, MPJ, pick...

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Heíll end up on the Lakers one way or the other though. This has probably been in the works for awhile now.

aman_13
01-28-2019, 11:33 AM
AD and Kawhi [emoji50]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

PAOboston
01-28-2019, 11:34 AM
Boston needs to go all in and stop holding onto to their collection of picks and players who won't ever be stars but instead good NBA players..

AD had been the Ainge dream for like 5 years now. Everything he has done has culminated to this point. He will not hesitate if AD makes it to the summer. Heís the guy heís been holding out for.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 11:36 AM
Brad Turner
Brad Turner
@BA_Turner

Lakers pick wont be much when you got AD and LeBron playing. Will most likely be Kuzma right away no matter what. Then also Ingram tossed in. Then Hart and Ball and KCP. Then Pelicans can decide if they keep all them or flip some. A few teams wanted KCP. Rockets for sure do. Ball could be flipped to Suns or Magic or Mavs. Holiday could be flipped to any of them PG hungry teams. Or he makes a return back to 76ers for Fultz and a pick and anything else for fillers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 11:38 AM
AD had been the Ainge dream for like 5 years now. Everything he has done has culminated to this point. He will not hesitate if AD makes it to the summer. Heís the guy heís been holding out for.

Tatum and Irving for AD should get it done. Then Pelicans can flip Irving to a PG starving team for more assets. Probably could swindle the Suns giving up a haul. They been doing weird moves lately.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 11:39 AM
If the Pelicans de tide to blow it up I would try to get Holiday from them. Hes a big PG who would fit nicely next to Mitchell.

MygirlhatesCod
01-28-2019, 11:42 AM
capella filler and 4 1st's should do it.

PAOboston
01-28-2019, 11:44 AM
Tatum and Irving for AD should get it done. Then Pelicans can flip Irving to a PG starving team for more assets. Probably could swindle the Suns giving up a haul. They been doing weird moves lately.

They want to pair AD with Kyrie. Kyrie is not going anywhere. The Pels will have their pick from Tatum/Brown/Smart/Rozier/SAC pick/MEM pick etc to choose from. Itíll probably be centered around Tatum and Smart (to get the money to work) and the picks and then additional filler depending on what else is included in deal.

LA4life24/8
01-28-2019, 11:52 AM
The timing of this makes me believe he prefers LA. Doesn't mean it's going to happen but my guess is maginka will offer the farm. They might try to keep 1 of kuz ball or Ingram but if it comes down to it they'll send em all

Hawkeye15
01-28-2019, 11:52 AM
They want to pair AD with Kyrie. Kyrie is not going anywhere. The Pels will have their pick from Tatum/Brown/Smart/Rozier/SAC pick/MEM pick etc to choose from. Itíll probably be centered around Tatum and Smart (to get the money to work) and the picks and then additional filler depending on what else is included in deal.

Everyone knows my opinion of Kyrie, but Boston would have to keep him. It would all but seal both of them re-signing there. Everything else, make open for trade. Literally everything else. A Kyrie/Davis led team, with whatever is left over will be enough to win the east I think. And if GS has any achilles heal, it's dealing with a dominant big who can play inside/out.

MarkieMark48
01-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Any trade to LA where the Lakers get to keep 1 of Ingram, Kuzma or Zubac, they need to jump on

Htownballa1622
01-28-2019, 11:59 AM

My biggest wish(2nd to Rockets winning it all) is that Boston continues to hoard assets and never cash them in.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2019, 12:00 PM
My biggest wish(2nd to Rockets winning it all) is that Boston continues to hoard assets and never cash them in.

haha. Well, Ainge has traded the farm before for a top player, so history is there.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Going off of if Ainge wants AD now. Since the Rose rule with Irving. Does AD wanna play all season then wait till he can be first traded in the Summer to Celtics? Media would eat him alive waiting till summer.

I think AD wants this over with within the week if not sooner. Teams that are in the game will have to start holding players out and what not. Heck Ball is injured and Hart walked off the court in pain. So walking wounded.

Ainge been planning for AD long before he traded for Irving. Tatum and Irving for AD is the quickest move. Or Irving to Knicks for KP and whatever. Then Tatum and whatever for AD. Ainge will work something out.

AD finally came forward asking for a trade. You know damn well Ainge doesn't want to chance another team like Raptors or Lakers or any other crazy team cough up a haul while Ainge sits on his war chest. Cause of Irving and the Rose rule holding up his main event.

Yanks All Day
01-28-2019, 12:02 PM
All I can think about is how Danny Ainge is feeling after this week and how uneasy I'd be if I were him for the next 14-ish days.

They've been essentially waiting for this summer for years. Anthony Davis was the target all along. Getting Kyrie was a gift from the brilliant mind of Dan Gilbert, and all of a sudden a pairing of AD and Kyrie is a GM's dream.

And in the span of 5 days, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving publicly make amends and AD times his trade request so Boston might not be able to get in on the bidding, creating the possibility that Kyrie and AD do play together in 2019-2020, just not in Boston.

TheDish87
01-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Rubio/AD/Ingles/Dmitch makes noise out west... Esp if Dmitch is hot... add in korver/crowder/favors etc... sheesh

no. those Jazz players arent any better than what he was in NOP

BKLYNpigeon
01-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Knicks should go all in, Porzingis, Kanter, Knox + Picks.

If Knicks get AD they will get Kyrie in the summer for free.

Lakers + Giants
01-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Brad Turner
Brad Turner
@BA_Turner

I'll drive em to the airport

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 12:21 PM
no. those Jazz players arent any better than what he was in NOP

Haha! That's why they are better than the Pelicans with this supposed top 5 player....Ok.

Htownballa1622
01-28-2019, 12:21 PM
haha. Well, Ainge has traded the farm before for a top player, so history is there.

Danny is faxing over Kevin McHale's reference and resume' to the Pels front office right away. ;)

IKnowHoops
01-28-2019, 12:27 PM

Haha...so mad

Lakers + Giants
01-28-2019, 12:30 PM
Downside of all of this. If we trade for AD we're getting melo as well. God damn it.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 12:30 PM
Haha...so mad

Nah homie, straight truth, your boy is a pansy and snake right below kd. Dude has always been manipulative, passive aggressive, and looking for public validation.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2019, 12:33 PM
AD and Kawhi [emoji50]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

🙏 death to nba

IKnowHoops
01-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Any trade to LA where the Lakers get to keep 1 of Ingram, Kuzma or Zubac, they need to jump on

Iím trying to keep Zu the most. If I can trade Ingram/Kuz/Lonzo/Pick Iím doing it at this point. Zu is a force though and having him and AD for Bron to dump to will make there half court unstoppable

Heediot
01-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Iím trying to keep Zu the most. If I can trade Ingram/Kuz/Lonzo/Pick Iím doing it at this point. Zu is a force though and having him and AD for Bron to dump to will make there half court unstoppable

Zubac and Zizic play better witout LeBron though. Bron prefers bigs that don't clog up his lane.

LA4life24/8
01-28-2019, 12:49 PM

Yeah I'm surprised they arent asking for all 4 lol. Zu would be fantastic next to AD. Or backing him up if AD decides to play the 5. But I think new Orleans will ask for Zu, bi or kuz,zo and picks.

LA4life24/8
01-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Zubac and Zizic play better witout LeBron though. Bron prefers bigs that don't clog up his lane.
Actually before bron went down Zus #s were looking pretty darn good. They actually went down after bron went out up until the last couple games.

Tg11
01-28-2019, 12:52 PM

Toronto Raptors need to get on Anthony Davis and pair him up with Kawhi

Trade Siakam, JV, OG, Vanvleet, and Lowry all to the Pelicans for AD

KB24PG16
01-28-2019, 12:59 PM
it'd be cool to see ad playing with kawhi and wreck the east, not sure what toronto has to offer though

TheDish87
01-28-2019, 01:06 PM
Haha! That's why they are better than the Pelicans with this supposed top 5 player....Ok.

that wasnt a knock on anyone. Do you really think those players as a whole are any better than Jrue, Mirotic, Randle when all are healthy? Im with you Gobbert works better for the Jazz but they dont really become much better moving him for AD.

TheDish87
01-28-2019, 01:09 PM
if I am NOP I need multiple fists, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac to even talk

Jayb587
01-28-2019, 01:13 PM
if I am NOP I need multiple fists, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac to even talk

how does kuzma, ball, ingram, hart, kcp, zubac for AD sound? take them all.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Toronto Raptors need to get on Anthony Davis and pair him up with Kawhi

Trade Siakam, JV, OG, Vanvleet, and Lowry all to the Pelicans for AD

AD,Kawhi pairing would be awesome. But man trading for him guts the Raptors out.

Storch
01-28-2019, 01:15 PM
Patience is key

LaVar Ball
01-28-2019, 01:17 PM

YES.WE.DID

:facepalm:

LaVar Ball
Patience is key

Key for what ?

Heediot
AD,Kawhi pairing would be awesome. But man trading for him guts the Raptors out.

still a deep squad

Lowry-Green-KL-AD-Ibaka
FVV-Delon-CJ Miles-Monroe-Player From Pels Trade

They probably get A buy out player(s) for depth.

Heediot
01-28-2019, 01:19 PM
Key for what ?

Yeah Lakers should be patient. Don't panic. I think LeBron and Magic might be afraid of bidding vs. the C's in the summer. If they get him now though, it's going to be hard to sign another Max guy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 01:20 PM
What about AD for Aldridge,Raptors first,and 3 firsts from Spurs? Spurs are due of a new big name since they don't have Robinson or Duncan. Spurs always seem to be winning even with a ton of injuries.

Tg11
01-28-2019, 01:39 PM
Anthony Davis to the Clippers if that happens Kawhi is definitely leaving Toronto to play with AD in LA...Kawhi just bought a house in San Diego and you pair AD with him and they on the Clippers it's a wrap

dhopisthename
01-28-2019, 01:42 PM
that wasnt a knock on anyone. Do you really think those players as a whole are any better than Jrue, Mirotic, Randle when all are healthy? Im with you Gobbert works better for the Jazz but they dont really become much better moving him for AD.

yes they are better and more importantly they make they don't all play the same position. Not that the Jazz would ever trade for him since I would give the chances of his signing here pretty low.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 01:48 PM
still a deep squad

Lowry-Green-KL-AD-Ibaka
FVV-Delon-CJ Miles-Monroe-Player From Pels Trade

They probably get A buy out player(s) for depth.

I was going by TG11 trade idea of Lowry,Fred,OG,Siakam,JV for AD. Yeah Pelicans would have to send some salary back with AD.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Anthony Davis to the Clippers if that happens Kawhi is definitely leaving Toronto to play with AD in LA...Kawhi just bought a house in San Diego and you pair AD with him and they on the Clippers it's a wrap

What are the Clippers offering? I think Lou has a no trade clause. Tobias,Boban,Gortat are expiring. Not many enticing young pieces to offer a rebuilding Pelicans if that's the route they take. Gallinari has one more year at $22M. Not sure Pelicans would want him. Also he's injury-prone. Harrell be a nice rebuild piece. But still not enough ammo really. I figured Pelicans would want cheap rookie cost controlled players.

Reason why Celtics and Laker are thrown out there with rookie players. If it only took expiring win now piece I would of suggest my own team to get in on this. But figured they wouldn't want a Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon, DDV, Maker, 2024 first for AD. Then it guts us out. Kinda like when 76ers posters suggested Simmons for AD. Ad/ Embiid front line be nice but redundant like AD/ Cousins front line. AD and Giannis be the same and a gutted roster.

Seems Raptors have the ammo to pull this off if Ainge doesn't trade Irving right now. Lakers offer is last minute if nothing else pans out. Doubt this goes onto summer. AD probably wants this done fast like Wolves wanted Butler out fast. Media be all over this till its over. IMO.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 02:00 PM

Yes, I think the Jazz roster is better. And I agree they get much better if any with AD over Gobert. That is why I've been saying AD is overrated as **** and I'd not trade Gobert in a package for AD. I mean if he was a top 5 player he'd have that roster in the playoffs, period. But hes tall/skinny K-Love. Only guys I'd trade Gobert for are LeBron, Curry, Durant and maybe Harden, Kawhi....real top players in the NBA.

Leftcoast_yg
01-28-2019, 02:06 PM
Or you think they should wait so the Cs get him. Just be honest instead of making up some fantasy land reason.

Lol that is exactly what i thought when reading that post. Boston Fans smh.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 02:08 PM

Celtics still can trade for AD. Its just that Ainge has to deal Irving. Cause of the Rose rule.

Leftcoast_yg
01-28-2019, 02:11 PM
Celtics still can trade for AD. Its just that Ainge has to deal Irving. Cause of the Rose rule.

Yes i know buddy ☺

PAOboston
01-28-2019, 02:11 PM

Why would you start an auction when the buyers with the most money arenít even there yet?

Pelicans are in the driver seat here. They donít have to deal him before the trade deadline. If they think they would get a better deal in the summer, why wouldnít they wait?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Why would you start an auction when the buyers with the most money arenít even there yet?

Pelicans are in the driver seat here. They donít have to deal him before the trade deadline. If they think they would get a better deal in the summer, why wouldnít they wait?

Looks like AD doesn't want to wait till summer though. Or he would of kept this under wraps till summer. Now its out. The calls are coming in. It just forces Ainge's hands to trade Irving as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Suns aren't winning. But Ayton,Warren,Jackson and Bucks first for AD isn't to shabby.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 02:24 PM
Heck Warriors could offer up Klay and Green for AD and Moore. But doubt Pelicans do it unless Klay agreed to a extension other wise a rental.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Jrue said AD was 90% why he stayed so heíll probabky be traded too.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 02:31 PM
Jrue said AD was 90% why he stayed so heíll probabky be traded too.

Maybe Holiday returns to the 76ers?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Fultz,Chandler, Heats first for Holiday?

GiantsSwaGG
01-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Nltinkina
Hardaway
Lee
2020 1st

For

Holiday
Hill

Westbrook36
01-28-2019, 02:46 PM
An interesting package to me is from the Knicks.

2019 1st rounder + Knox + whoever else they'd want (Frank or Robinson)

Still have max cap space for KL

c.c.
01-28-2019, 02:57 PM
I hate how small & medium market teams get crapped on by players after their blossom into great players.

Yashimack
01-28-2019, 02:58 PM
I don't understand why people are mad A.D wants a trade. he's going no where with the Pelicans. Also i respect the fact he's letting them know now instead of loosing him for nothing.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 03:05 PM
Nltinkina
Hardaway
Lee
2020 1st

For

Holiday
Hill

😂😂😂

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:08 PM
Holiday when a free agent almost signed with Pacers. So maybe something there? Not sure what Pacers would offer up in a trade now though. Since Oladipo is injured for rest of the season. Pacers still wanna hang onto playoffs.

Dade County
01-28-2019, 03:10 PM

Kuz is really good though.

Behind the scenes, no one really knows if Irving is really going to re-sign with Boston; the C's would have to get Kyrie to sign first.

Agreed. I think it is all maneuvering by ADís agent in giving the Lakers/LeBron a shot because he knows NOP likely would prefer Boston offer in the summer if they wait. Which is why announcing it now is slightly odd.

And I agree about Toronto too. They should be all in right now.

They have no assets and if that trade would happen (which it wouldn't); both players would end up leaving.

Dade County
01-28-2019, 03:13 PM

I really don't think that Ainge trades Tatum, unless Davis says he will re-sign. If AD doesn't say yes, then I believe the Lakers offer is better.

N.O might not value all those draft picks, and they would want a combination of young players and draft picks. Tatum will be the key piece.

rc33
01-28-2019, 03:15 PM
Looks like AD doesn't want to wait till summer though. Or he would of kept this under wraps till summer. Now its out. The calls are coming in. It just forces Ainge's hands to trade Irving as well.

What AD "wants" is not an issue at this point, especially for the team he's bailing on.
Boston also has a slew of #1 picks coming up next draft; Sacramento, Clippers (likely), Memphis (possibly) plus their own #1.

c.c.
01-28-2019, 03:24 PM
A.D & Miller for Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, Maker, & future draft pick

NFLNBA
01-28-2019, 03:28 PM
This really comes down to the respect the franchise has for Davis. Davis wants out. That creates some bad air and he will be heckled. If NO tells Davis they are gonna wait it out does he then say fine I'm gonna kill the price and say I'm only going to resign with Lakers. With that he kills what the Pelicans will get. If Pels wait for Boston and they give up Tatum, Brown, Smart Davis is now basically on Bad team in East. For Davis the Lakers giving up Ingram, Ball, Kuzma he still has Lebron plus knowing they prob also go hard at Kemba in FA. All share same agent.

I think Pelicans stay pat and stubborn. They will ruin relationship with Davis and he probably ends up getting a message out where he will resign.

Tg11
01-28-2019, 03:32 PM
I will throw out an even better trade instead

Raptors trade Kyle Lowry, JV, Siakam, OG, Van Vleet and 2 draft picks all to Pelicans

Pelicans in return trade Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday

Raptors new frontcourt:

PG- Jrue Holiday
SF- Kawhi
PF- Ibaka
C- Anthony Davis
SG- Danny Green

Pretty solid

Pelicans frontcourt you get:

PG- Lowry
SG- Moore
PF- Randle
C- Siakam
SF- Mirotic

Plus they get more pieces in that 2nd unit with Payton, OG, JV, Van Vleet, etc

Scoots
01-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Heck Warriors could offer up Klay and Green for AD and Moore. But doubt Pelicans do it unless Klay agreed to a extension other wise a rental.

I doubt the Warriors do it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:36 PM
What AD "wants" is not an issue at this point, especially for the team he's bailing on.
Boston also has a slew of #1 picks coming up next draft; Sacramento, Clippers (likely), Memphis (possibly) plus their own #1.

2019 draft is a bit weak. Yeah Grizzlies at #6 before lottery drawings. That's the best pick ya got. Yet Gasol and Conley could be traded. They could get better trading them two old fossils. Kings still winning, yeah out of playoffs. But they got $11M in cap and plenty of expiring players. They will be buyers. Kings pick at the moment is #13. Clippers pick is #18. Celtics own pick is #24. Yeah its ammo.

I think Pelicans want this over with. It be a circus with media rest of the season if they hang onto AD till summer for draft night blockbuster of Tatum and picks. Also then your playing Tatum all year if he's the main piece. Celtics have to hope he stays healthy and doesn't regress any more skills wise this season. He was more exciting last season. Ainge's assets aren't aging well. Heck ya could wait till next summer in hopes of AD/Irving combo.

Yet Irving could bolt. Also Celtics having a down year. So much hype riding on Ainge. He needs this now. I'd offer up Tatum and Irving for AD and call it a day. If Pelicans don't wanna work the phones to reflip Irving for more assets. Then well I guess Ainge has to deal Irving right now. Then Tatum and fillers for AD. Time is ticking.

Heck Raptors came out of nowhere and got Kawhi. Thunder got PG13. 76ers got Butler. Ya snooze ya lose. I wouldn't be shocked Raptors on the phone now with Pelicans. They got the ammo. In my eyes Tatum and Picks or Siakam,OG,Fred,Picks seems like 1a and 1b for assets. Lakers kids final minutes if everyone else folds.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:37 PM
I doubt the Warriors do it.

Doubt Pelicans take Klay since he could be a rental unless agrees on extension. Green has fallen off. They probably would trade Green elsewhere for more assets.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 03:40 PM
I hate how small & medium market teams get crapped on by players after their blossom into great players.

To be fair, it's not about market size it's about ownership. Great owners in small markets win and players stay (for the most part), bad owners (even in the biggest markets) lead to losing and cheapness and broken promises and lack of direction and clarity. Pro athletes know they have a very small window to win and at some point they will get tired of losing. The Knicks and Clippers have lost a lot of players over the years due to bad ownership.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2019, 03:40 PM

You must not of been watching. Zu was feasting on dunk after dunk playing with Bron.

YAALREADYKNO
01-28-2019, 03:41 PM

They donít make em like how they used too

Scoots
01-28-2019, 03:42 PM
Doubt Pelicans take Klay since he could be a rental unless agrees on extension. Green has fallen off. They probably would trade Green elsewhere for more assets.

Green has improved back near his previous level the last couple weeks, local press is saying he's finally recovering from his foot injury (turf toe?). But regardless I'd be stunned if the Warriors even made a call on AD ... I know they want him, but unless the Pels are looking to take Boogie and some bench pieces I think the big 4 on the Warriors are untouchable until they lose in the finals again.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:44 PM
A.D & Miller for Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, Maker, & future draft pick

Middleton is a UFA this summer. Also Brogdon a RFA. Doubt Bucks have a chance at all. On twitter I suggested Middleton,Bledsoe,Brogdon,Maker,DDV,2024 first for AD. But then Bucks barely have a roster other then Giannis and AD. Also AD does get injured. Also AD would have to accept a extension right away. But like I said doubt Pelicans want them UFA unless another team takes them guys while picks and rookie contracts sent back to Pelicans. Bucks hung onto Middleton way to long.

Hill,Brown,Wilson,Giannis,AD isn't bad but no bench other then Lopez and Wood and Pat and Smith and Ersan.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Green has improved back near his previous level the last couple weeks, local press is saying he's finally recovering from his foot injury (turf toe?). But regardless I'd be stunned if the Warriors even made a call on AD ... I know they want him, but unless the Pels are looking to take Boogie and some bench pieces I think the big 4 on the Warriors are untouchable until they lose in the finals again.

Iggy and Cousins probably works for AD salary wise. But not exciting.

HeartOfStarks
01-28-2019, 03:46 PM
😂😂😂

As a Knicks fan I donít even really like this deal but you see his proposal isnít for AD; itís for Jrue. And I believe Hill has a terrible contract?

Scoots
01-28-2019, 03:46 PM
Kuzma is over-rated at this point. Yeah, he's a nice player, but his defense is worse now than it was last year and his 3pt shot has dipped below the mendoza line.

The Lakers have several flawed young players who have potential and several declining vets.

Not hating, just saying ... There is a LOT of work to do in LA if they expect to win it all next year and some of it is going to require other GMs be bad at their jobs.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 03:47 PM
Iggy and Cousins probably works for AD salary wise. But not exciting.

Yep

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:53 PM
AD is a nice stat stuffer. But I think the team that gets him probably will be sorry. Kinda seems when Cousins was traded then got injured then walks as a free agent. Pelicans did plenty of lousy moves. I bet Pelicans wished they kept Hield now. Kings got better getting rid of Cousins. Pelicans can do the same. Take the Celtics Tatum and Picks or Raptors kids and picks and be done with it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 03:57 PM

c.c.
01-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Kuzma is over-rated at this point. Yeah, he's a nice player, but his defense is worse now than it was last year and his 3pt shot has dipped below the mendoza line.

The Lakers have several flawed young players who have potential and several declining vets.

Not hating, just saying ... There is a LOT of work to do in LA if they expect to win it all next year and some of it is going to require other GMs be bad at their jobs.

I agree! The Pelicans gonna regret any deal they agree on from the Lakers

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 04:30 PM
As a Knicks fan I donít even really like this deal but you see his proposal isnít for AD; itís for Jrue. And I believe Hill has a terrible contract?

Yes Iím not laughing because the deal is bad, if he thinks hard he may know why.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 04:34 PM

I actually wouldnít mind seeing the Knicks with a super team. AD+KD/Kawhi/Klay+Kyrie/Kemba

Also says Boston isnít preferred because thereís belief that Kyrie will leave.

HeartOfStarks
01-28-2019, 04:36 PM
Yes Iím not laughing because the deal is bad, if he thinks hard he may know why.

Gotchya. Maybe Iím an idiot for asking this but can you spell it out for me? Just curious.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Gotchya. Maybe Iím an idiot for asking this but can you spell it out for me? Just curious.

He told me one time he wouldnít trade Frank and Hernangomez for Kyrie and now Willy is gone for scraps and heís proposing Frank and more for Holiday who is worse than Kyrie so I was just messing with him. He still might end up with Kyrie regardless.

HeartOfStarks
01-28-2019, 05:11 PM
He told me one time he wouldnít trade Frank and Hernangomez for Kyrie and now Willy is gone for scraps and heís proposing Frank and more for Holiday who is worse than Kyrie so I was just messing with him. He still might end up with Kyrie regardless.

Copy that, thanks! We shall see on Kyrie, for the Knicks Iím just hoping for a top 3 pick and if we can get a quality FA that would be great. Iíd love to get AD here personally but Iím sure it would cost the 2019 pick, Knox, probably THJ/Kanter and we take back Hill, and maybe more picks/prospects. Itís interesting but I donít really want to gut everything for him either although I get his value is super high.

One thing I think Knicks absolutely need to do is publicly come out and say KP is untouchable. Last thing we need is a leak that weíre including him in talks, then the deal falls through and he wants to leave the Knicks. I could 100% see that happening with him and his brother.

JAZZNC
01-28-2019, 05:17 PM
To be fair, it's not about market size it's about ownership. Great owners in small markets win and players stay (for the most part), bad owners (even in the biggest markets) lead to losing and cheapness and broken promises and lack of direction and clarity. Pro athletes know they have a very small window to win and at some point they will get tired of losing. The Knicks and Clippers have lost a lot of players over the years due to bad ownership.

That's just not true. Look at Deron Williams and Gordon Hayward just in the past few years. The Jazz drafted them, coached/developed them, (and in Hayward's case) turned the franchise over to them in spite of having not one bit earned that and they left. Both IMO made huge mistakes especially Hayward. He could have had his jersey retired and been an all time Jazz great and the team would have been really good with him. But now hes just a bench player and likely cast off ASAP with the young guys they have. And the Jazz have always had phenomenal ownership, coaching (Ty was in over his head), and loyal fans and they always win but that didnt matter in these instances. Hell, even Boozer didn't wanna be here.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 05:18 PM

Jamiecballer
01-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Suns aren't winning. But Ayton,Warren,Jackson and Bucks first for AD isn't to shabby.

true.... ayton, warren and first ain't bad.

c.c.
01-28-2019, 05:49 PM

I disagree but ok

ManningToTyree
01-28-2019, 05:59 PM
If Toronto or San Antonio could find a way to get him those would be interesting fits to me. Feels like heís gunna find his way to LA tho

Dade County
01-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Miami can only offer something like this...

Bam, Winslow, Richardson, Whiteside, KO & 1st to N.O

Dragic to Dallas, and they send Dennis Smith Jr to N.O

Miami HEAT:
Holiday (I don't want him)/Ty j/ Wade
Waiters/ Wade
Ellington/ Duncan Robinson/ DJJ (hurt)
JJ/ Melo(have Wade talk him into signing with Miami)
AD/ ?/ UD

If Pat could send Holiday to Charlotte for Kemba, that would be great. I think are offer is just about even with the Lakers.

I do not believe N.O will trade AD to the lakers, I believe he is coming out East.

Teams out East I see getting AD before the trade deadline.

Detroit, HEAT, 76ers

If the trade doesn't happen before the deadline, then it's ago for Boston, if they give up Tatum.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 06:21 PM
That's just not true. Look at Deron Williams and Gordon Hayward just in the past few years. The Jazz drafted them, coached/developed them, (and in Hayward's case) turned the franchise over to them in spite of having not one bit earned that and they left. Both IMO made huge mistakes especially Hayward. He could have had his jersey retired and been an all time Jazz great and the team would have been really good with him. But now hes just a bench player and likely cast off ASAP with the young guys they have. And the Jazz have always had phenomenal ownership, coaching (Ty was in over his head), and loyal fans and they always win but that didnt matter in these instances. Hell, even Boozer didn't wanna be here.

I guess the reality is there are always exceptions to every rule. Williams was specific about personalities involved, Boozer didn't like that Miller called him out in the press, I don't know why Hayward decided to leave, but it may have been that the Jazz were not good enough. But yes, there are cultural issues with SLC that may drive some people away ... which is not so much a market size issue as just a market issue just like there are some people who never want to live where there is snow and some who never want to live where there are dozens of days a year where the temp is over 100 and the humidity is over 90.

From the outside I've always been a big Jazz fan, I like the coaches they have had in general, but I don't think Greg Miller is as good at it as his Dad was (or it may have just been luck), but we'll see.

Mr.B
01-28-2019, 06:28 PM
https://twitter.com/notoriousohm/status/1090012835164246016?s=21

Vinny642
01-28-2019, 06:31 PM
Its was a fun 6/7 years with him on the team, now he becomes one of my most hated NBA players and I wish him the worst on his new team.

rhino17
01-28-2019, 06:46 PM
LA is the only spot with enough assets to pull it off. Lonzo would obviously be in the deal. I think Kuzma is a keeper, I would keep him out of any trade talks.

But honestly, AD is not a #1 player, reminds me of Kevin Love in Minny, lots of stats, lots of losing. He's better suited as a #2, which he would be in LA.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 06:49 PM
Pelicans should be more concerned about fixing their team. Their supporting cast sucks. They are 2-7 without Davis and once their starters take a rest, their bench comes in and ruins the game.

Vinny642
01-28-2019, 07:01 PM
LA is the only spot with enough assets to pull it off. Lonzo would obviously be in the deal. I think Kuzma is a keeper, I would keep him out of any trade talks.

But honestly, AD is not a #1 player, reminds me of Kevin Love in Minny, lots of stats, lots of losing. He's better suited as a #2, which he would be in LA.

Celtics have way more assets....tf you smoking

warfelg
01-28-2019, 07:29 PM
I kinda secretly wish Charlotte would trade for him. Kemba and AD are the two guys long in the ďgreat player, small market, bad managementĒ camp. They deserve each other and understand each other.

LA_1
01-28-2019, 07:29 PM
Eric Rosenthal
@ericsports
I don't want to get Lakers fans too excited... but
@WindhorstESPN
implied something I heard but thought was nuts.

There is a *chance* Kyrie Irving could join LeBron James & Anthony Davis with the Los Angeles Lakers

Holy smokes
12:57 PM ∑ Jan 28, 2019 ∑ Twitter Web Client

rhino17
01-28-2019, 07:50 PM
Celtics have way more assets....tf you smoking

unless they are giving up Tatum, no they dont

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 07:56 PM
unless they are giving up Tatum, no they dont

the ****. They have 4 first round picks this year... Yes their picks are dropping and i doubt the grizz pick conveys but at worst they have 3 picks which are like 12-20... On top of that they still have brown who will be coveted.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 07:59 PM
3 team trade

Irving to the sixers

Celtics get AD

Pelicans get Smith/Heat unprotected first/2 of the 3 first round picks in the 12-20 range from boston

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Ok i need to understand something because I am at a loss for words... I have been hard on AD but where the hell did all of this hate come from lol... Is it because he may be laker bound now? No Tatum for AD? No kuzma and ball for AD? No zion for AD in the other thread lol... come on guys.

At the minimum AD should cost Ingram/Kuzma/multiple picks or Tatum/Brown and 2 plus first rounders in the lottery. He has a year and a half left on his contract... He isnt a free agent in the summer.

tredigs
01-28-2019, 08:06 PM
There is a 0% chance AD is traded until this summer when the Celtics can afford them maximum leverage -- unless their management are just complete imbeciles. Which I doubt.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 08:10 PM
There is a 0% chance AD is traded until this summer when the Celtics can afford them maximum leverage -- unless their management are just complete imbeciles. Which I doubt.

I do agree but there is another edge to that sword... If AD comes out and says he will only resign with the lakers or clippers then the value now plummets and that risk to me is not worth taking. Id try to get a kings ransom for him now while threatening to wait for the celtics but he could really hurt his value via his agent or injury and AD has had health scares so trading him now might be the safest option

tredigs
01-28-2019, 08:12 PM
I do agree but there is another edge to that sword... If AD comes out and says he will only resign with the lakers or clippers then the value now plummets and that risk to me is not worth taking. Id try to get a kings ransom for him now while threatening to wait for the celtics but he could really hurt his value via his agent or injury and AD has had health scares so trading him now might be the safest option

Why would he do that? Neither are contenders and he could just sign with them after next summer. He's not going to throw the Pelicans completely under the bus. Plus you underrate the moxy of a franchise. See: Raptors.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Why would he do that? Neither are contenders and he could just sign with them after next summer. He's not going to throw the Pelicans completely under the bus. Plus you underrate the moxy of a franchise. See: Raptors.

why would he do that? if he wants a trade and the ownership refuses and makes him wait he could very well do that... Any little thing drops his stock... Yes waiting for the celtics is smart but in no way does trading him now make the pelicans stupid... there is risk in waiting until the off season.

tredigs
01-28-2019, 08:27 PM
why would he do that? if he wants a trade and the ownership refuses and makes him wait he could very well do that... Any little thing drops his stock... Yes waiting for the celtics is smart but in no way does trading him now make the pelicans stupid... there is risk in waiting until the off season.

No, the Celtics leverage likely far, far outweighs the time frame. With the Warriors not being as strong next season, there will be a host of teams looking to weigh in. The Celtics just happen to have by far the best assets for them.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Obviously some illegal stuff going on which is why the Pelicans are already calling for the league to look in to everything.

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Hoping something like this happens:

AD to LA (they only need those 2)

KD and Kemba to NY with Kristaps

Kyrie and Jimmy to the Heat

Cousins and Kawhi to the Clippers

R. Johnson#3
01-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Masai was bold in getting Kawhi. I think there's a serious chance he goes balls to the wall for AD.

JV, OG, Delon for AD. Throw a 2020 1st if need be.

AD/Ibaka
Siakam/Boucher
Kawhi/Miles
Green/Norm/McCaw
Lowry/FVV

rhino17
01-28-2019, 09:18 PM
the ****. They have 4 first round picks this year... Yes their picks are dropping and i doubt the grizz pick conveys but at worst they have 3 picks which are like 12-20... On top of that they still have brown who will be coveted.

I'd rather have a handful of the lakers players than a bunch of mid round picks

c.c.
01-28-2019, 09:51 PM
I honestly want him to go anywhere but the Lakers, I hate how the media been helping them with their recruitment.

TakeYourL
01-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Why do you guys keep saying he's goong to the Celtics?

He's signed to LeBron James best friend, lol, what do you think that's a coincidence?

The agency's control where players go, not the Celtics, not magic Johnson, the agents do.

I'd bet anything on it he ends up in LA with Bron.

You think it was some coincidence Bron wade and Bosh ended up a team that cleared it's salary cap out completely, and all were signed with CAA? Heck no, CAA planned that for years.

Davis to the Lakers is happening and no one can stop it.

TakeYourL
01-28-2019, 10:04 PM

Yeah, in this draft those picks don't have much value, except as assets to try to trade up with.

You really don't want to stuff your roster with 3-4 players from this draft.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 10:15 PM

what have ingram and ball proven and kuzma doesnt defend at all... id rather have a package around ingram as well but i have a love for the dude and his potential... ball offense is horrid as is kuzmas defense... If you are only getting 2 of those guys a package with tatum and picks beats anything the lakers can offer.

GREATNESS ONE
01-28-2019, 10:18 PM
what have ingram and ball proven and kuzma doesnt defend at all... id rather have a package around ingram as well but i have a love for the dude and his potential... ball offense is horrid as is kuzmas defense... If you are only getting 2 of those guys a package with tatum and picks beats anything the lakers can offer.

lol

Scoots
01-28-2019, 10:25 PM
I honestly want him to go anywhere but the Lakers, I hate how the media been helping them with their recruitment.

If he goes to the Lakers he's going to learn the hard way that there is no 2nd star when the 1st one is LeBron.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah, in this draft those picks don't have much value, except as assets to try to trade up with.

You really don't want to stuff your roster with 3-4 players from this draft.

It's worse than that ... the Celtics roster doesn't have room and their future doesn't have room to develop all those draft picks. They HAVE to move some assets.

GREATNESS ONE
01-28-2019, 10:38 PM
If he goes to the Lakers he's going to learn the hard way that there is no 2nd star when the 1st one is LeBron.

not on the Lakers

Jamiecballer
01-28-2019, 11:12 PM
not on the LakersI think he meant on the court

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WaDe03
01-28-2019, 11:53 PM
Masai was bold in getting Kawhi. I think there's a serious chance he goes balls to the wall for AD.

AD/Ibaka
Siakam/Boucher
Kawhi/Miles
Green/Norm/McCaw
Lowry/FVV

You all actually have a chance to get him but itíll definitely take more than that

Dade County
01-29-2019, 12:11 AM

Tatum has to be in the trade, or you will see... No deal.

TrueFan420
01-29-2019, 12:25 AM
Tatum has to be in the trade, or you will see... No deal.

Maybe maybe not. They still have one of the best offers without including Tatum and I can see the Pelicans wanting no part of sending AD to LA after Bron openly targeted him. If AD openly says he wants LA they lose even more leverage. Celtics could gamble he stays with a Finals trip. Theyíll need to get Kyrie to re-up first tho otherwise it will have to wait till the summer.

Heediot
01-29-2019, 12:33 AM

AD/Ibaka
Siakam/Boucher
Kawhi/Miles
Green/Norm/McCaw
Lowry/FVV

Damn that is a pipe dream offer.

Siakim-OG-Jonas-Powell and a pick would make them seriously consider.

Heediot
01-29-2019, 12:35 AM
Obviously some illegal stuff going on which is why the Pelicans are already calling for the league to look in to everything.

who are they suspicious about?

TakeYourL
01-29-2019, 12:43 AM
It's worse than that ... the Celtics roster doesn't have room and their future doesn't have room to develop all those draft picks. They HAVE to move some assets.

They can draft foreign players and injured players if roster space is a issue.

It won't be hard to move draft picks, they just aren't worth much in this draft, plus they are win now mode.

Yanks All Day
01-29-2019, 12:50 AM
If the Celtics start shopping Kyrie Irving in the next week in hopes of getting AD right now, absolutely every team in the NBA would look to fleece them. They'd know Boston HAS to trade Kyrie to make another move and offer pennies on the dollar, especially with Kyrie's option coming up this summer. I'm sure Boston wants AD asap, but they're not going to look to move Kyrie under these circumstances.

I'm just surprised people think Boston genuinely has all of these amazing assets to offer in a trade. In terms of draft picks, they potentially have 4 1st rounders this year:

1) Their own - sure to be late 20s
2) Clippers (top 14 protected) - LAC has to make the playoffs, which is no guarantee, but all of a sudden it's a 2nd half of the 1st round pick.
3) Memphis (top 8 protected) - it would be a miracle if they got this pick. Memphis is bottoming out.
4) The better of Philly/Sacramento (top 1 protected) - so this will be SAC, who would be around 13 right now.

So much of Boston's desirability revolves around those staying picks, and not actually becoming players. Since they can't trade for AD until July, the picks they receive will have already been selections in the draft, and none of them would be top 10. So those would have to be players New Orleans really likes. They need to hope the picks don't convey until next year. Not sure players selected around 13, 15, and 28 really open the Pelicans' eyes.

Otherwise, if the picks aren't in the equation, it becomes Tatum or bust. A package of Rozier, Horford (who himself can opt out- so that's no guarantee), Morris, etc. just isn't desirable. I have no doubts that Boston would trade Tatum for AD, but if Kyrie decides to sign elsewhere, do you gut your entire roster? I'm not sure.

This isn't to say Boston doesn't have the best offer if everything falls correctly. They absolutely do. No one can touch that outside of the Warriors offering 2 of their studs. But it's far from a foregone conclusion that Boston is going to be able to put together a massive package. It will take draft picks falling the right way, Kyrie deciding to stay, and AD not making it known that he'll only extend with the Lakers for the trade to work how everyone thinks. It's something the Pelicans, if they're smart, will hold out until the summer to find out. They have no reason to trade AD now. The Lakers offer will be there when the time comes. But I wouldn't make a move until Boston's assets are more certain. They could have a franchise-changing package to offer, but it could also be just a bunch of stuff. Either way, makes no sense to move him this season.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 01:03 AM

They're just being losers and upset no one wants to resign with them other than a scrub who they will gladly overpay.

GREATNESS ONE
01-29-2019, 01:06 AM
I think he meant on the court

I don't think he knows what he's talking about tbh

Silent
01-29-2019, 01:15 AM

Pelicans claimed the lakers are tampering with the process

zookman65
01-29-2019, 01:32 AM
Pelicans claimed the lakers are tampering with the process

Good luck proving that Pelicans. Davis is not an indentured servant. If he doesnt want to work and live in New Orleans any longer it is his right to ask for a trade and/or not re-sign.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 01:39 AM
Good luck proving that Pelicans. Davis is not an indentured servant. If he doesnt want to work and live in New Orleans any longer it is his right to ask for a trade and/or not re-sign.

It's a crime for any team to have such a generational player and not take full advantage of it. Bad decisions by Pelicans is what screwed them. Their management has no clue how to build a team. They hired a GM with minimal NBA experience and the first thing he did when they got AD was sign Ryan Andersen and Eric Gordon to terrible contracts and then when those two were injured, people wanted to pinpoint that on a 20-22 year old Anthony Davis. Nevermind the fact that their coach hirings are systematically destroying the team. Monty and Gentry are good assistant coaches. I wouldn't let them anywhere near a head coaching position.

Rocco007
01-29-2019, 01:43 AM
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski appeared on SportsCenter and said the Golden State Warriors sharpshooterówho can become an unrestricted free agent following this seasonówould be interested in joining the Purple and Gold if they traded for Davis and opened a contract slot close to his max (h/t Ben Rosales of SB Nation

Redrum187
01-29-2019, 01:54 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9wx76fs

I think a team would have to be willing to eat Jrue Holiday's contract if they trade Davis. Dallas loves Jrue.

Jrue Holiday + Anthony Davis for Wes Matthews + Dennis Smith Jr + Deandre Jordan would be nice for Dallas. I think it'll require a 1st for New Orleans to even consider it though.

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Luka Doncic
SF: Harrison Barnes
PF: Maxi Kleber
C: Anthony Davis

That would be a really fun team to watch. It would be so strange to see the mental team leader be a 19 year old rookie. Idgaf how old Davis is or that he's better than Luka (right now anways), he'd be Luka's b****.

zookman65
01-29-2019, 01:58 AM
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski appeared on SportsCenter and said the Golden State Warriors sharpshooterówho can become an unrestricted free agent following this seasonówould be interested in joining the Purple and Gold if they traded for Davis and opened a contract slot close to his max (h/t Ben Rosales of SB Nation

Is that Kevin Durrant or Klay Thompson?

zookman65
01-29-2019, 02:00 AM

I think a team would have to be willing to eat Jrue Holiday's contract if they trade Davis. Dallas loves Jrue.

Jrue Holiday + Anthony Davis for Wes Matthews + Dennis Smith Jr + Deandre Jordan would be nice for Dallas. I think it'll require a first 1st for New Orleans to even consider it though.

That would be a really fun team to watch. It would be so strange to see the mental team leader be a 19 year old rookie. Idgaf how old Davis is or that he's better than Luka (right now anways), he'd be Luka's *****.

The Mavs with AD and Doncic would be fun especially if Harrison Barnes were to learn the art of the pass. HB is not good at playing on a team.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 02:07 AM
Is that Kevin Durrant or Klay Thompson?

Klay. I wouldn't even call KD a sharpshooter. I don't know why he gets that label. KD is a scorer.

YAALREADYKNO
01-29-2019, 02:35 AM

Jrue Holiday + Anthony Davis for Wes Matthews + Dennis Smith Jr + Deandre Jordan would be nice for Dallas. I think it'll require a 1st for New Orleans to even consider it though.

That would be a really fun team to watch. It would be so strange to see the mental team leader be a 19 year old rookie. Idgaf how old Davis is or that he's better than Luka (right now anways), he'd be Luka's b****.

As a Mavs fan, I can only dream of this lol

Rocco007
01-29-2019, 04:04 AM
After agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports told ESPN on Monday that he had informed the Pelicans that Davis wouldn't sign an extension this summer and wanted a trade, multiple league sources expect the agent and star to soon deliver word throughout the league that Davis' preferred destination is the Lakers and he'll become a rental player until 2020 with a trade anywhere else.

It would be an attempt to depress offers in the marketplace, a way to perhaps make the Lakers' trade package more appealing.

Leftcoast_yg
01-29-2019, 04:07 AM
After agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports told ESPN on Monday that he had informed the Pelicans that Davis wouldn't sign an extension this summer and wanted a trade, multiple league sources expect the agent and star to soon deliver word throughout the league that Davis' preferred destination is the Lakers and he'll become a rental player until 2020 with a trade anywhere else.

It would be an attempt to depress offers in the marketplace, a way to perhaps make the Lakers' trade package more appealing.

Dang Rocco good find. Have a link or something?

More-Than-Most
01-29-2019, 04:40 AM

How many times do i need to **** on tre before he just admits I am a god. This is exactly what i was talking about and now AD is the biggest ***** in sports... Collusion but of course nothing will be done.

LaVar Ball
01-29-2019, 05:06 AM
How many times do i need to **** on tre before he just admits I am a god. This is exactly what i was talking about and now AD is the biggest ***** in sports... Collusion but of course nothing will be done.

Titttaayyyyssssss

More-Than-Most
01-29-2019, 05:26 AM
Titttaayyyyssssss

hey I am all for it... if teams dont cheat they aint trying. Its worth... **** the rules. I told tre waiting for boston would be utterly moronic because of this ****. Now look. It will only get worse.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 05:54 AM

What they're doing is fully abiding by the rules. NBA needs to find and close the loophole of NBA players clearly having an agent that they can manipulate. LeBron basically knows everything about a trade and how interested other teams are because he can control Rich Paul. LeBron is truly a damn mastermind and runs basketball.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2019, 06:01 AM
What they're doing is fully abiding by the rules. NBA needs to find and close the loophole of NBA players clearly having an agent that they can manipulate. LeBron basically knows everything about a trade and how interested other teams are because he can control Rich Paul. LeBron is truly a damn mastermind and runs basketball.

if you honestly believe lebron and others done talk this **** out over dinner i feel sorry for you... it all started like a month plus ago when lebron said his ****... hell i hope he gets him and ***** on the warriors then the celtics and wins more rings but if you cant see how bad this is for the small market teams then you should be ashamed.

tp13baby
01-29-2019, 06:32 AM
Someone get a deal done because I donít want Denver to give up the assets we got.

lakers squad
01-29-2019, 06:38 AM

Yep, other leauge executive's are already complaining, saying this is Rich Paul trying to force a trade to the Lakers, and they expect them to say he will only resign with LA if the pelicans, try and trade him to another team! The leauge is investigating the meeting that took place between LBJ and AD about a month ago!

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 06:42 AM
if you honestly believe lebron and others done talk this **** out over dinner i feel sorry for you... it all started like a month plus ago when lebron said his ****... hell i hope he gets him and ***** on the warriors then the celtics and wins more rings but if you cant see how bad this is for the small market teams then you should be ashamed.

Which part of abiding by the rules don't you get? Is there a rule stating players can't go to dinners with one another? I don't know what they said. You don't either. LeBron went to dinner with Love a few weeks ago, too. Do you know what they said? And stop cursing, buddy. It's not that serious for you to vent here every sentence. I don't care if it's bad for small market teams. They're a small market team for a reason. That's life. They paid less for their team for a reason. Pay billions for a larger market team and stop crying.

Tg11
01-29-2019, 07:03 AM
As long as AD don't go to LA I don't care where he ends up...anywhere but the Lakers...if it is a team like the Heat, Knicks, Mavs, Raptors, Spurs, etc. then I'm good

More-Than-Most
01-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Which part of abiding by the rules don't you get? Is there a rule stating players can't go to dinners with one another? I don't know what they said. You don't either. LeBron went to dinner with Love a few weeks ago, too. Do you know what they said? And stop cursing, buddy. It's not that serious for you to vent here every sentence. I don't care if it's bad for small market teams. They're a small market team for a reason. That's life. They paid less for their team for a reason. Pay billions for a larger market team and stop crying.

i remember you singing a different tune when you were a thunder fan and before the season ended there was tslk of dray/curry recruiting durant

zookman65
01-29-2019, 08:34 AM
So it takes a dinner between LeBron and AD to make AD think, hmm Los Angeles seems like a place I would like to play. Other than doing away with free agency I dont know how you stop people from going where they feel is their best place to go. The Supermax contract is financial incentive to keep people in place but if the player is willing to forgo some amount of money then what can you do? If you prevent AD from going then we better deconstruct many other teams such as the Warriors, Celtics etc.

Jamiecballer
01-29-2019, 08:42 AM
You all actually have a chance to get him but itíll definitely take more than thatYeah, he has to swap Wright with Siakam and then they have something to talk about.

Siakam, Valanciunas, Anunoby is a nice return.

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 09:18 AM

LeBron/Magic/Pelinka/Rich Paul and they should be.

Tg11
01-29-2019, 09:30 AM
Any team but the damn Lakers I'm cool with

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 09:33 AM
I donít see him being traded before the deadline unless they say heíll only re-sign with the Lakers.

IndyRealist
01-29-2019, 09:35 AM
It'll be a sad day when Lebron retires, but I'll LMAO when every player drops Rich Paul because teams want nothing to do with him. The moment Lebron is gone he's blacklisted.

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 10:05 AM
It'll be a sad day when Lebron retires, but I'll LMAO when every player drops Rich Paul because teams want nothing to do with him. The moment Lebron is gone he's blacklisted.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way heís set for life, must be rough.

Heediot
01-29-2019, 10:09 AM
I don't Rich Paul will be blacklisted. He just needs a few top 5-10 guys on his client list and he'll still be a big player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2019, 10:17 AM
New Orleans has options right now. The Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, and Raptors are expected to make trade offers for Davis ahead of the deadline, according to multiple front-office sources. To some degree, every team will at least consider making an offer. But the Nuggets are considered by front-office executives as the off-the-radar team that actually has the assets to complete a deal, should they choose to enter the sweepstakes.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/29/18201660/anthony-davis-trade-pros-cons-pelicans-lakers-celtics

Scoots
01-29-2019, 10:35 AM

The league can get to agents notes and phone records which, unless Paul is really dumb, won't result in much of anything. But the NBA can choose to make a thing of LeBron and Magic's public statements about AD. It's not common but it's happened before.

JasonJohnHorn
01-29-2019, 10:42 AM
The Raptors need to make a push for AD. Even if he is one-and-done, that is the same expectation that the team has for Leonard, and when Leonard leaves, it is rebuild mode anyways, so you might as well have two max-contract guy leave o you have more cap space when you do go into rebuild mode.

If Boston get AD, th Raptors only window since the organization came into being sees it odds drop. I realize that would involve trading Kyrie in the deal, but moving Kyrie and Horford with a draft pick or two could net them Holiday and AD, and then New Orleans could flip Kyrie and Horford to other teams for more assets as they would have some leverage with those guys at least. Even if Boston doesn't keep AD, they'll stll have a great young core to build around, but they'll put themselves in a position to win it this year.

The Raptors need to stop that if they are serious about this 'all-in-to-win' approach. They need to be the first team in their pitching an offer to AD. And I'm sure the Pels, knowing that AD and Leonard are both likely to leave, will be happy trade for a couple future unprotected firsts (2020/2022) and a contract that matches.

tp13baby
01-29-2019, 10:44 AM
The Raptors need to make a push for AD. Even if he is one-and-done, that is the same expectation that the team has for Leonard, and when Leonard leaves, it is rebuild mode anyways, so you might as well have two max-contract guy leave o you have more cap space when you do go into rebuild mode.

If Boston get AD, th Raptors only window since the organization came into being sees it odds drop. I realize that would involve trading Kyrie in the deal, but moving Kyrie and Horford with a draft pick or two could net them Holiday and AD, and then New Orleans could flip Kyrie and Horford to other teams for more assets as they would have some leverage with those guys at least. Even if Boston doesn't keep AD, they'll stll have a great young core to build around, but they'll put themselves in a position to win it this year.

The Raptors need to stop that if they are serious about this 'all-in-to-win' approach. They need to be the first team in their pitching an offer to AD. And I'm sure the Pels, knowing that AD and Leonard are both likely to leave, will be happy trade for a couple future unprotected firsts (2020/2022) and a contract that matches.

I really donít think that is how Masai operates though.

Scoots
01-29-2019, 10:53 AM

When LeBron retires he'll keep running the agency behind the scenes and use his relationships to continue manipulating things.

PAOboston
01-29-2019, 10:55 AM
If the Lakers do not get to trade for him by next week, will they have the cap space to sign him out right in 2020? Not super familiar with their cap situation.

IndyRealist
01-29-2019, 10:56 AM
I don't Rich Paul will be blacklisted. He just needs a few top 5-10 guys on his client list and he'll still be a big player.

The only reason he can bully organizations is because he can deliver Lebron. KCP's $20m last year was a $2m bribe to Rich Paul. No other agent operates on kickbacks. When Lebron isn't in the picture anymore, that power structure changes drastically.

IndyRealist
01-29-2019, 10:57 AM
When LeBron retires he'll keep running the agency behind the scenes and use his relationships to continue manipulating things.

If Rich Paul can't deliver Lebron the player, he has no power.

LA_1
01-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Multiple people around the league expect Rich Paul and Anthony Davis to tell teams his ďpreferred destinationĒ is the Lakers, per
@wojespn

Heediot
01-29-2019, 11:09 AM
The only reason he can bully organizations is because he can deliver Lebron. KCP's $20m last year was a $2m bribe to Rich Paul. No other agent operates on kickbacks. When Lebron isn't in the picture anymore, that power structure changes drastically.

He'll still have Ad and some other(s). It won't be the same power as he has now, but he'll still be an influential agent.

All Kawhi's uncle had was Kawhi and he still had some influence on teams. I think Rich Paul will have more players under him vs. Dennis.

Heediot
01-29-2019, 11:13 AM
I really donít think that is how Masai operates though.

Normally, no. but I can see him going all in. When else can you go all in but now for Toronto?

Tg11
01-29-2019, 11:30 AM
If Raptors are serious about the win now approach and are in win now mode they need to make a trade for AD

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 11:37 AM
If the Lakers do not get to trade for him by next week, will they have the cap space to sign him out right in 2020? Not super familiar with their cap situation.

Yes.

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 11:40 AM
This could get pretty intense with he investigation. You have a player who plays the role of GM pushing for a new coach and working behind the scenes to get a trade done for AD. This was probably all in the works before he signed with LA (he knew he was going to LA for awhile). Thereís got to be texts and email chain or something out there with something being discussed. If not they did a helluva job covering it up lol.

WaDe03
01-29-2019, 11:41 AM
Whats the worst they could do in this situation though? Just a fine or could they veto a trade or AD signing there when heís a FA?

tredigs
01-29-2019, 11:49 AM
If Raptors are serious about the win now approach and are in win now mode they need to make a trade for AD

They could. Something like Val, Siakim, OG for AD? I could see it. But as the Pels I would still probably wait for the summer when you might be looking at Tatum + Brown and the Sac 1st.