PDA

View Full Version : Ben simmons to compete in slam dumk contest

More-Than-Most
01-26-2019, 10:08 PM
[Bleacher Report] Ben Simmons to compete in the slam dunk contest

Not sure how true this is... personally i am not a fan of it if it is true. I think the dunk contest is laughably bad now and a guy like ben or bron who are good in game dunkers would be terrible dunkers in a dunk contest

More-Than-Most
01-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Seems like everybody ran with it but ben was just joking lololol

More-Than-Most
01-26-2019, 10:11 PM
UPDATE, 8:33 p.m. ET: Shortly after tweeting the news about Simmons, Philly.com’s Keith Pompey deleted the original tweet which stated that Simmons said he’d be participating in the slam dunk contest with an update saying that Simmons himself said he was “only joking” about participating.

aman_13
01-26-2019, 10:20 PM
It seems like big names don't ever want to do it.

More-Than-Most
01-26-2019, 10:23 PM
It seems like big names don't ever want to do it.

i honestly wouldnt do it if i were ben and i get why lebron never did either. Being a high impact dunker and a great dunker for a dunk contest are 2 different things... I think lebron would be horrid in the dunk contest.

ewing
01-26-2019, 11:28 PM
i honestly wouldnt do it if i were ben and i get why lebron never did either. Being a high impact dunker and a great dunker for a dunk contest are 2 different things... I think lebron would be horrid in the dunk contest.

Younger Bron could more fly and power dunk now he might have trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aman_13
01-27-2019, 12:12 AM

Idk, i think LeBron would have done really well when he was younger but he is more of a power dunker.

PAOboston
01-27-2019, 01:40 AM
It would have been big news if he was doing the 3 pt shooting contest. I’d tune in to watch him attempt 3s.

ewing
01-27-2019, 01:45 AM
It would have been big news if he was doing the 3 pt shooting contest. I’d tune in to watch him attempt 3s.

They should have fans play him in horse

ewing
01-27-2019, 01:45 AM
They should have fans play him in horse

IndyRealist
01-28-2019, 08:55 PM

It's terrible for his brand if he enters the contest and then gets creamed by a nobody. That might cost him $40m or so in lifetime endorsements.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Don't need this thread until it's true.