PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers about to hit the nuclear button?

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 08:00 PM
Lebron James camp wants walton gone which most of us expected to happen the second he signed but an even more interesting thing came out... The lakers are willing to basically trade everyone for a superstar.. I think trading their young guys could backfire but right now only ingram/ball has the upside... Hart has been terrible and Kuzma cant defend if his life depended on it so if he has an off shooting night the lakers stand no chance even against bad teams. It seems like after last nights loss the dominos will fall which they should when towns decided to act like a tough guy all game and kuz/hart looked like they gave no ****s. This trade deadline could shake the NBA and the west big time if the lakers go all in for AD.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/lebron-james-camp-would-reportedly-prefer-a-coaching-change-from-luke-walton-and-are-not-too-subtle-about-that-550938.html

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-lakers-now-willing-to-trade-lonzo-ball-kyle-kuzma-and-brandon-ingram-for-superstar-player-550916.html

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Should they make a trade now or wait and give their core time to grow? I feel like randle and DLO were let go way to fast and both guys are balling now and if they let go of ball/kuz/ingram and these guys turn out great then **** will hit the fan unless the lakers win a championship... I doubt lebron wants to wait and a number of people are assuming its lebron putting pressure on the organization currently with how these young guys have looked this year and while he has been injured.

MygirlhatesCod
01-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Lakers are garbage and wonít be better than playoff standing fodder

valade16
01-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Should they make a trade now or wait and give their core time to grow? I feel like randle and DLO were let go way to fast and both guys are balling now and if they let go of ball/kuz/ingram and these guys turn out great then **** will hit the fan unless the lakers win a championship... I doubt lebron wants to wait and a number of people are assuming its lebron putting pressure on the organization currently with how these young guys have looked this year and while he has been injured.

The Lakers have cap space to sign a max FA this summer. One could read their sudden willingness to part with their youngsters as them knowing they won't get any of the top level FAs, or one could read it as a sign they want to entice a FA to form a new big 3.

I personally think they don't blow it up this year and see who they can get in FA, then once they do that they will be more likely to trade their youngsters for a third missing piece. I know it's remote, but imagine if they get say KD or Kawhi to join Bron, then it would make sense to trade Ingram/Ball/1st/etc. for AD and have a KD-Bron-AD type group.

Saddletramp
01-25-2019, 09:04 PM
The younginsí for CP3. Then they can sign Carmelo for the vet minimum and a freshly bought out Wade can sign for the Vet Min, too. Banana Boat For Life!!!!!

Man, I wish the Lakers hadnít stretched Deng yet. Coulda made the salaries work.

CP3 @ $35 million
for
KCP/Rondo/Ball/Beasley/Kuzma/Hart @$35 million. Cut Beasley and trade either let Rondo and KCP walk at the end of the year or try to flip them with another team maybe for Kanter for off the bench.

And yes, I know this happen, Scoots & Flashbolt. Calm down.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Lakers are garbage and wonít be better than playoff standing fodder

I think if they have lebron they can beat anyone.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 09:08 PM
The Lakers have cap space to sign a max FA this summer. One could read their sudden willingness to part with their youngsters as them knowing they won't get any of the top level FAs, or one could read it as a sign they want to entice a FA to form a new big 3.

I personally think they don't blow it up this year and see who they can get in FA, then once they do that they will be more likely to trade their youngsters for a third missing piece. I know it's remote, but imagine if they get say KD or Kawhi to join Bron, then it would make sense to trade Ingram/Ball/1st/etc. for AD and have a KD-Bron-AD type group.

i agree but if this route continue what top free agent will actually come? If they make the playoffs and look like a threat a KD might come but i cant see a KL/Butler/Durant/Klay coming there when for whatever reason most dont like playing in lebrons shadow on top of playing for a bad team... I think the lakers with lebron/AD could win this year.

The worse case scenario is and this is the risk if their core continues to look this bad and they miss out on a free agent this off season and lebron shows signs of decline next season. That is a big risk

lakerfan85
01-25-2019, 09:25 PM
Lakers should trade Lebron. Heís such a ****ing drama queen..

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Lakers should trade Lebron. Heís such a ****ing drama queen..

imagine what you could get though lololol... but yea this is his only negative in my opinion... wherever he goes he def makes the decisions... He will get his coach and get his players and sadly that is the price when you sign the GOAT.

Bostonjorge
01-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Trading for Davis is hitting the nuclear button on everyone else. Lakers young stars have been balling but Davis is a golden ticket.

The lakers front office is the best in the league. They made the right call to ship out Dlo. They signed James to a 4 year deal. Have cap space to improve the team. I trust this ďprocessĒ.

Itís a 4 game diffidence from #9 to #4 for the west standings.

c.c.
01-25-2019, 09:55 PM
LeBron never cared about the Lakers, he only went there because of the location.

Heís planning all of his post NBA career moves and doing whatís best for his family.

Letís be honest here, this Laker team sucks!

If the same players was on the Memphis Grizzlies with Magic the GM, LeBron wouldnít of never even listen to a pitch.

Sorry Laker fans but thatís just my opinion. Thatís the pros & cons to having such a desirable team location. Players will come but not for basketball. They will come for the opportunity the city can give them.

Iím disappointed because a guy like Lebron didnít even need to make this move.

I regret ever wanting him to come to Houston this past off season. Houston, Philly, and many other teams was better options basketball wise.

Vallejo Raiders
01-26-2019, 01:17 AM
I'd consider trading Green for LeBron if he'd be willing to take on the same role green had.

LaVar Ball
01-26-2019, 01:51 AM
The younginsí for CP3. Then they can sign Carmelo for the vet minimum and a freshly bought out Wade can sign for the Vet Min, too. Banana Boat For Life!!!!!

Man, I wish the Lakers hadnít stretched Deng yet. Coulda made the salaries work.

CP3 @ $35 million
for
KCP/Rondo/Ball/Beasley/Kuzma/Hart @$35 million. Cut Beasley and trade either let Rondo and KCP walk at the end of the year or try to flip them with another team maybe for Kanter for off the bench.

This post has a bunch of titttaaayyyssssss written all over it.

FlashBolt
01-26-2019, 07:01 AM

CP3 @ $35 million
for

Sorry if some people actually are realistic? I mean, it's like me saying give us Harden and we'll give you Schroder, Robinson, Grant, and Patterson. I'm not sure what you're suggesting other than fantasy trades. CP3 has one of the worst contracts in the league and I said you guys shouldn't have resigned him from the start.

Saddletramp
01-26-2019, 07:11 AM
Sorry if some people actually are realistic? I mean, it's like me saying give us Harden and we'll give you Schroder, Robinson, Grant, and Patterson. I'm not sure what you're suggesting other than fantasy trades. CP3 has one of the worst contracts in the league and I said you guys shouldn't have resigned him from the start.

Oh, I know. But you know Lebron would pull that or a similar trigger if he could (and if Morey would).

Tg11
01-26-2019, 09:38 AM
LeBron is gonna become the GM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2019, 10:06 AM

mightybosstone
01-26-2019, 10:10 AM
The only way they do this is if they can: 1. Get a legit top 20-25 player in the league to pair next to Lebron, and 2. Ensure they'll still have cap space for the offseason to be in the Kawhi/Durant sweepstakes.

But looking around the league, are there a ton of teams with players of that caliber who are in "sell now" mode? Memphis could deal Gasol or Conley. Washington would part with Wall or Beal for the right price. Charlotte might be willing to talk about Kemba, but with it being a rental, I'm not sure the Lakers would be willing to give up any of their top young guys in that deal.

On paper, I like the idea of Gasol or Kemba as both are on pretty reasonable, shortish contracts and would probably take fewer assets to acquire. I think Wall would be a horrendous move, as his contract is crazy and he's been a shell of himself the last few seasons. I like Beal, but I also think he's overpaid for what he provides.

Who else am I missing? There's got to be another bad team with a game-changing player looking to sell at the deadline.

mightybosstone
01-26-2019, 10:13 AM

Lol. Of course I posted before seeing this. If Davis was possible, they should absolutely sell the farm to make it happen. Throw in every player on the team not named Lebron to get it done. A Lebron/Davis pairing in LA would be disgusting. But if you're New Orleans and you still have another year of Davis under contract with the chance to offer him the most money at the end of next season, is there a deal LA could make you to deal Davis in his prime?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2019, 10:18 AM
The only way they do this is if they can: 1. Get a legit top 20-25 player in the league to pair next to Lebron, and 2. Ensure they'll still have cap space for the offseason to be in the Kawhi/Durant sweepstakes.

But looking around the league, are there a ton of teams with players of that caliber who are in "sell now" mode? Memphis could deal Gasol or Conley. Washington would part with Wall or Beal for the right price. Charlotte might be willing to talk about Kemba, but with it being a rental, I'm not sure the Lakers would be willing to give up any of their top young guys in that deal.

On paper, I like the idea of Gasol or Kemba as both are on pretty reasonable, shortish contracts and would probably take fewer assets to acquire. I think Wall would be a horrendous move, as his contract is crazy and he's been a shell of himself the last few seasons. I like Beal, but I also think he's overpaid for what he provides.

Who else am I missing? There's got to be another bad team with a game-changing player looking to sell at the deadline.

Mavs already called about Kemba and was denied this week. Wizards already said Beal isn't on the table. But they will listen to offers for Porter. Lakers should go after KP. Seems KP wasn't happy that Knicks wont let him play cause of full tank mode. Kanter is ticked off as well. A lot of teams will be buyers. But not much to buy. Mainly all meh "C" players. Maybe lucky on one or two "B" players if you over pay. But mainly junk this trade deadline. Magic Johnson has pipe dreams if his 3 or 4 dimes and salary junk fillers gets him AD.

Tg11
01-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Apparently out of Stephen A's mouth he said the Lakers should go after Mike Conley or Bradley Beal

Scoots
01-26-2019, 10:30 AM
The headline of LeBron's people wanting Walton gone is too funny. LeBron doesn't want him gone, "his people" do. What a joke.

I hope the Lakers hurry up and fire Walton.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Apparently out of Stephen A's mouth he said the Lakers should go after Mike Conley or Bradley Beal

I was gonna suggest Conley and Gasol. But Lakers cant even pull it off. Since Deng big contract isn't on the roster any more. I got the espn trade machine up and Gasol and Conley in there and 7 Lakers and still short on money out going from Lakers. So Lakers be lucky to trade for one guy and even with one guy making a lot it could be like 4 to 6 players out going depending who is dealt.

Tg11
01-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Or if Lakers went after Kemba Walker then I wouldn't have a problem with that

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2019, 10:38 AM
Or if Lakers went after Kemba Walker then I wouldn't have a problem with that

Michael Jordan cut Cuban off short this week. Cause Mavs called about Kemba this week. They were denied right away. I can see Hornets trading Monk,Bridges and some picks and any of the junk fillers they got for a second decent player to pair up with Kemba. Maybe they go after Gasol? Hornets have a ton of dead weight money. They could even eat Parsons. Since Grizzlies kinda wanna include him in any Conley or Gasol deals. Also Zeller is injured.

FlashBolt
01-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Oh, I know. But you know Lebron would pull that or a similar trigger if he could (and if Morey would).

KCP/Rondo/Ball/Beasley/Kuzma/Hart for CP3? I don't think he would. LeBron left Wade and Wade at that time was a better player than this CP3. The players Lakers have are there to provide mobility and options. CP3 leaves them with less options. And LeBron can't count on someone to be injured at this point of his career. Playing with CP3 really doesn't make sense at this juncture of his career. Plus, as much leverage as LeBron has, Lakers would never do that. Starting next season, I have difficulty seeing CP3 be an elite PG or a top 25 player and when you get paid the max dollars, you just expect more.

Mr.B
01-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Would the Lakers be better off hoarding cap space instead of taking on players with HUGE contracts like Conley/Chris Paul?

Seems like the fact that they play in LA (and are the Lakers instead of the Clippers) and the fact that they have Labron are two HUGE recruiting tools bring elite free agents in. Yes it would mean giving up young talent for almost nothing (other than future draft picks) however the Lakers would be able to completely remake their roster into something that fits better with Labron.

Ideally trading a young piece for Kemba would be ideal but MJ seems intent on keeping him and trying to resign him. If the Lakers are able to clear more cap space though they would be able to make a serious offer to both Kemba and AD. Those two with Labron looks a lot better than Ingram/Kuzma/Ball with Labron.

TrueFan420
01-26-2019, 09:00 PM
If the Lakers fire Walton we will welcome him back to our side line with open arms.

Scoots
01-26-2019, 11:29 PM
If the Lakers fire Walton we will welcome him back to our side line with open arms.

Yes sir. He can come over immediately. Maybe get Draymond's shot back.

TrueFan420
01-26-2019, 11:56 PM
Yes sir. He can come over immediately. Maybe get Draymond's shot back.

Yea after missing those two FTs hes needs to get it together and hit the gym and put some shots up.

ewing
01-27-2019, 12:10 AM
Yea after missing those two FTs hes needs to get it together and hit the gym and put some shots up.

I think he looks fat this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
01-27-2019, 01:49 AM
I think he looks fat this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's always had bad wheels, supposedly he got turf toe at some point and had to almost completely shut down for the offseason and he's still not right. But yeah, I don't think he's in his best shape yet.

lakers squad
01-27-2019, 03:11 AM
I'll trust Magic to do what's best for the franchise, I wouldn't even care if he traded LBJ...I have complete faith in him, and that he will make the best moves for the Lakers regardless, if letting Walton go is what needs to be done, so be it! He hasn't made a bad one yet, a couple you might could scrutinize if you really try maybe, but he has a vision, and I want him to get the chance to completely see it through as he see's fit regardless of what anyone else thinks including LBJ!

More-Than-Most
01-27-2019, 03:51 AM
I'll trust Magic to do what's best for the franchise, I wouldn't even care if he traded LBJ...I have complete faith in him, and that he will make the best moves for the Lakers regardless, if letting Walton go is what needs to be done, so be it! He hasn't made a bad one yet, a couple you might could scrutinize if you really try maybe, but he has a vision, and I want him to get the chance to completely see it through as he see's fit regardless of what anyone else thinks including LBJ!

signing KCP for that much was laughable... trading Randle for nothing was laughable... Those are 2 big dumb moves... Much like the sixers with fultz drafting ball ahead of what could be studs in tatum/Fox etc will be brutal. He has def made bad moves... DLO i understand getting out of Mosgod but still that was dumb but i get it... the other 3 are black marks. If they fire walton it will be because lebron said to do so and that is 100 percent a stupid move on the GMs part... I love Lebron but his only issue is he plays GM and if magic allows that **** its on him.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2019, 03:55 AM

yet again i was in the thread screaming from the roof tops much like Kidd this has disaster written all over it but laker fans told me i was an idiot. Just because someone played the sport does not make them a good coach. Maybe walton might be but i didnt think it was smart at the time and firing him now is also just as dumb as hiring him. Let the season play out

lakers squad
01-27-2019, 05:57 AM
signing KCP for that much was laughable... trading Randle for nothing was laughable... Those are 2 big dumb moves... Much like the sixers with fultz drafting ball ahead of what could be studs in tatum/Fox etc will be brutal. He has def made bad moves... DLO i understand getting out of Mosgod but still that was dumb but i get it... the other 3 are black marks. If they fire walton it will be because lebron said to do so and that is 100 percent a stupid move on the GMs part... I love Lebron but his only issue is he plays GM and if magic allows that **** its on him.

First off, I disagree on kcp, signing kcp to that one year deal completely fit Magics long-term plan of signing two max free agent's and it also made LBJ happy, who could we have really signed at the time that projected to be better for the money he took for only 1 year? Second, Randle is debatable, I loved Randle and really wanted us to keep him if possible, but once again this fit Magics long-term vision of signing two max free agent's. So I understand the move! 3rd, DLO was a great move, he dumped all that salary to allow us to chase two max free agent's and added Kuz through the draft with this move! Now Walton, that's what I'm saying, I don't want Magic to dump his long-term plan because of LBJ are anyone! He should only let Walton go if he feels a need too, because Walton is not cutting it and he has a suitable replacement in mind. Also he don't need to trade player's away for players that have a cap hit that add's salary, that takes us out of the running for a max free agent this summer just to try and chase a championship this year! He has held to his vision and I respect that. We had no vision under kupcake it seemed, we have one now and we want to see it through, and it should not be given up for anyone! LBJ needs to do his job and Let Magic do his!

lakers squad
01-27-2019, 06:06 AM
yet again i was in the thread screaming from the roof tops much like Kidd this has disaster written all over it but laker fans told me i was an idiot. Just because someone played the sport does not make them a good coach. Maybe walton might be but i didnt think it was smart at the time and firing him now is also just as dumb as hiring him. Let the season play out

I agree with you here. If we decide to make a change, it will probably be best to do it after the season instead of during the season. It will be easier to find a suitable replacement at that time, if that's the direction we need to go in!

Scoots
01-27-2019, 01:18 PM

Why? Magic hasn't shown that he is a good team builder. I understand supporting him, but complete faith for me is a step too far. I don't have complete faith in Bob Myers after 4 finals in a row.

Scoots
01-27-2019, 01:20 PM

I think Walton is a very good coach, but he wants a pace and space offense with equal sharing of the ball and shooters ... the roster he got was wildly not that.

IndyRealist
01-27-2019, 02:19 PM

KCP is signed with Lebron's agent. The point of giving KCP a sh*tton of money was so Magic could have access to talk to Lebron without tampering.

TakeYourL
01-27-2019, 03:25 PM
Lakers were built this past off season so that they could go full nuke mode next off season and build the roster Bron truly wants around him.

Most of those guys are goners for sure.

TrueFan420
01-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Walton is a better coach than Kidd. But he likely needed another year or two of seasoning as an assistant before getting a HC role. It would be a mistake to fire him now. But they brought him in with a young team in mind to build towards a fast pace team that can multi switch defensively and hit 3s. The second they brought Bron in that all changed. In letting Randle go Walton lost a key component to make his system work. Bron coming in caused magic to try to build a new type of team while keeping flexibility for Bron to pick his moves. While not the same degree itís similar to Blatt and the Cavs. Blatt was a good coach who joined a team to build something then Bron came in everything needed to be change to fit him and he was scapegoated. I understand itís Bron and why they did it but to put it on Walton isnít fair.

TrueFan420
01-27-2019, 04:59 PM
I think Walton is a very good coach, but he wants a pace and space offense with equal sharing of the ball and shooters ... the roster he got was wildly not that.

I think the roster he got was fine and being built towards that. It just all changed once Bron decided to go to there.

FlashBolt
01-27-2019, 10:17 PM
Why? Magic hasn't shown that he is a good team builder. I understand supporting him, but complete faith for me is a step too far. I don't have complete faith in Bob Myers after 4 finals in a row.

Magic hasn't had enough time to prove it. This season was all about getting LeBron and other pieces to "test" the assets they have. It was 100% their goal to trade for Kawhi or get AD/KD. I don't even think they really wanted PG, tbh.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2019, 10:29 PM
Magic hasn't had enough time to prove it. This season was all about getting LeBron and other pieces to "test" the assets they have. It was 100% their goal to trade for Kawhi or get AD/KD. I don't even think they really wanted PG, tbh.

it was about getting lebron and pg13... pg13 didnt even give them a sit down. Magic didnt trade for him thinking it was a lock he would be there... that is also on magic. Could have easily had pg13 and had lebron/pg13 right now which would be nasty.... Lebron/PG13/Rondo/Kuzma/Zub is a nasty nasty starting unit.

FlashBolt
01-27-2019, 10:49 PM
it was about getting lebron and pg13... pg13 didnt even give them a sit down. Magic didnt trade for him thinking it was a lock he would be there... that is also on magic. Could have easily had pg13 and had lebron/pg13 right now which would be nasty.... Lebron/PG13/Rondo/Kuzma/Zub is a nasty nasty starting unit.

I love PG 13 but if Lakers have a shot at getting KD, Kawhi, or AD, you go for them instead.

Scoots
01-27-2019, 10:55 PM

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2019, 10:58 PM
I love PG 13 but if Lakers have a shot at getting KD, Kawhi, or AD, you go for them instead.

no doubt but they also had a chance to trade for KL and he refused to include ingram which in retrospect was laughable. Now if KL signs with the clippers that would be 2 guys magic wanted but refused to trade for thinking he can just get them in free agency and then things will get really bad... sorry bro i know you love him but the PG13 miss... The randle thing and the drafting of ball looks awful right now.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 01:31 AM
That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

How? You said Magic hasn't proven he is a good teambuilder and I literally state he hasn't had enough time to do so. That's 100% relatable to what you're talking about.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 11:25 AM
How? You said Magic hasn't proven he is a good teambuilder and I literally state he hasn't had enough time to do so. That's 100% relatable to what you're talking about.

Because time to do it isn't the point when we are talking about now. The question is his complete faith in Magic. Bob Myers has been extremely successful in team building and I don't have complete faith in him. It's not about time.

Jayb587
01-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Just sipping my tea while the Lakers work their "magic."

HAHA I love it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Be funny if a mystery team lands AD while Lakers and Celtics sit on their hands.

Jayb587
01-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Be funny if a mystery team lands AD while Lakers and Celtics sit on their hands.

lakers wont be sitting on their hands.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2019, 01:43 PM
lakers wont be sitting on their hands.

If Kuzma,Ingram,Ball,Hart,KCP isn't enough in the eyes of the Pelicans then Lakers will be sitting on their hands thinking about the next star to trade for. Kawhi was already a miss. Butler said he doesn't like Lakers now since LeBron is there. Klay may stay. Lakers last hope is KD or AD. Time running out.

LeBron wont be the best forever. He will start falling off. Even if you have to trade all 4 kids and some picks. Ad does get injured time to time. LeBron be tired playing 40+ minutes a game to stay in most games for wins. Melo will help the tank. Ball injured and was a botched pick. Hart walked off the court in pain other night. Kuzma has the most value. Ingram is there based on potential yet. But whatever.

If Ainge offers up Irving and Tatum they'd have AD right this second. Pelicans can always trade Irving else where for some assets. All over twitter everyone pretty much said Lakers 4 kids is like 3 or 4 dimes for a Dollar in AD. Heck if the Suns or Kings got in the deal or Raptors its all over if Ainge sits on Rose rule Irving to long.

Lakers package is more less a last resort of better then nothing deal putting it nicely. But there is always a better offer then them 4 kids and KCP. Heck i'm sure Pelicans would gladly take 76ers Simmons over the Lakers package. Heck Knicks could cough up like KP and Knox and Kanter as a expiring filler is more interesting then Lakers package. Even though AD's agents wants a winner.

Jayb587
01-28-2019, 02:10 PM
If Kuzma,Ingram,Ball,Hart,KCP isn't enough in the eyes of the Pelicans then Lakers will be sitting on their hands thinking about the next star to trade for. Kawhi was already a miss. Butler said he doesn't like Lakers now since LeBron is there. Klay may stay. Lakers last hope is KD or AD. Time running out.

LeBron wont be the best forever. He will start falling off. Even if you have to trade all 4 kids and some picks. Ad does get injured time to time. LeBron be tired playing 40+ minutes a game to stay in most games for wins. Melo will help the tank. Ball injured and was a botched pick. Hart walked off the court in pain other night. Kuzma has the most value. Ingram is there based on potential yet. But whatever.

If Ainge offers up Irving and Tatum they'd have AD right this second. Pelicans can always trade Irving else where for some assets. All over twitter everyone pretty much said Lakers 4 kids is like 3 or 4 dimes for a Dollar in AD. Heck if the Suns or Kings got in the deal or Raptors its all over if Ainge sits on Rose rule Irving to long.

Lakers package is more less a last resort of better then nothing deal putting it nicely. But there is always a better offer then them 4 kids and KCP. Heck i'm sure Pelicans would gladly take 76ers Simmons over the Lakers package. Heck Knicks could cough up like KP and Knox and Kanter as a expiring filler is more interesting then Lakers package. Even though AD's agents wants a winner.

sitting on their hands implied the Lakers wouldn't be trying to deal such as not going after kawhi and george. all i was saying that they are definately going to be trying to make a trade this time around.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-28-2019, 02:31 PM
The Lakers should be willing to trade anyone not named Lebron or Kuzma IMO.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Because time to do it isn't the point when we are talking about now. The question is his complete faith in Magic. Bob Myers has been extremely successful in team building and I don't have complete faith in him. It's not about time.

So how does Magic prove himself? That makes no sense, lol. The guy simply hasn't had enough time to build the team so yes, time is the outlier for Magic here.

TheDish87
01-28-2019, 04:56 PM
Trading for Davis is hitting the nuclear button on everyone else. Lakers young stars have been balling but Davis is a golden ticket.

The lakers front office is the best in the league. They made the right call to ship out Dlo. They signed James to a 4 year deal. Have cap space to improve the team. I trust this ďprocessĒ.

Itís a 4 game diffidence from #9 to #4 for the west standings.

lol no the Lakers FO isnt even close to the best in the league.

Scoots
01-28-2019, 06:33 PM
So how does Magic prove himself? That makes no sense, lol. The guy simply hasn't had enough time to build the team so yes, time is the outlier for Magic here.

The point was that he said he had complete faith in Magic NOW. I was talking about his PRESENT complete faith. The future doesn't matter if Magic proves himself THEN, he hasn't yet.

FlashBolt
01-28-2019, 06:47 PM
The point was that he said he had complete faith in Magic NOW. I was talking about his PRESENT complete faith. The future doesn't matter if Magic proves himself THEN, he hasn't yet.

"Why? Magic hasn't shown that he is a good team builder."

I responded with "Magic hasn't had enough time to prove he is or isn't."

And you said it wasn't related. It's very related.

Scoots
01-29-2019, 12:03 AM
"Why? Magic hasn't shown that he is a good team builder."

I responded with "Magic hasn't had enough time to prove he is or isn't."

And you said it wasn't related. It's very related.

It's about as related as Magic's scoring average is to the point I was making.

FlashBolt
01-29-2019, 12:05 AM
It's about as related as Magic's scoring average is to the point I was making.

Okay, probably a miscommunication then but you did write that so it's entirely fair for me to comment on that part.

lakers squad
01-29-2019, 05:45 AM
Until Magic proves otherwise, Why would we not have faith in him? Sure looks like he's got a plan, and is moving this franchise in the right direction to me!