PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Star Game: Fans Game or Most Deserving?

Rivera
01-25-2019, 11:45 AM
Which side do you lean towards more?

Should the fans vote for the starters 100% because the NBA All Star Game is the fans game?

or

Should the most deserving players start and we throw away fan voting all together?

Ask because this one year fans wanted to see Luka Doncic, Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose start the all star game.

None of the 3 made it as an all star due to the new 50-50 system (50 % fans other 50 % players and media)

What do you prefer?

warfelg
01-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Most deserving. Do an all fan favorite team at the end of the season.

Scoots
01-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Most deserving. There are contract incentives based on being named an all-star, can't let fans mess that up.

JAZZNC
01-25-2019, 12:21 PM
Yeah, there are too many idiots out there to let the fans decide these things. Really they should have no voice in the selections for the All-Star game.

MygirlhatesCod
01-25-2019, 12:29 PM
Itís a game! Thatís only possible because of fans!
Wtf are you people saying? Fans that support this GAME can give every cent that enables a league to exist but canít be afforded an opportunity to choose their favorite player to play a meaningless game?!?

Step back for a bit and realize how stupid that sounds.

WaDe03
01-25-2019, 12:33 PM
They should reserve an extra spot on the teams for things like top 20 players ever retiring and fans wanting to see them one last time.

Rivera
01-25-2019, 12:33 PM
im 50/50

because it does affect players legacies

but at the same time, fans vote, fans watch, and this is an exhibition. I understand they had to because of the ZaZa thing but Luka/DRose and Wade all have unique cases and fans love them

i feel like 5-10 years ago, I would have said more deserving. Now that im older, I just want to watch who I like and I would have loved to seen Luka and Wade start for different reasons vs PG13 and Kemba (Though I LOVE Kemba and for those that remember, #Kembaswag )

as far as legacies, it would impact the final roster spots, the Al Horfords, the LMAs, the people that barely play in the ASG anyway whose legacies is more fringe HOFers.

i guess now I lean towards more of a fans game.

JAZZNC
01-25-2019, 12:57 PM
I mean if Rose gets in this year while Gobert has never been an All-Star....that's just a mockery of the game.

warfelg
01-25-2019, 01:27 PM
I mean if Rose gets in this year while Gobert has never been an All-Star....that's just a mockery of the game.

Agreed.

warfelg
01-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Yeah, there are too many idiots out there to let the fans decide these things. Really they should have no voice in the selections for the All-Star game.

What about the year Yi Zhang nearly got in because of the China vote. Or Steve Francis.

To me this is why it should be about deserving.

On another note:
Twitter voting is stupid, because teams were putting out highlight packages with #NBAVote, so every retweet and like got that player a vote. So stupid.

Rivera
01-25-2019, 01:30 PM

I know thers X amount of spots. but please correct me cause im probably wrong

isnt the reserves broken down to X number of guards, X number of front court?

if it is, Luka would be a bigger deterrint then Rose. If not, than ignore me haha

zn23
01-25-2019, 01:37 PM
I'd prefer that the players get the recognition they deserve for playing great. Let's be honest, the all-star game is practically unwatchable outside of the 3 point shootout anyway. In the early 2000s they were competitive now they are not. I've skipped the last 3 or so games, especially since Kobe retired. He was the only one out there actually trying and making it exciting.

So I say, treat it like you would the All-NBA teams and have the most deserving make it.

R. Johnson#3
01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Player votes for the all star game and fan votes for the dunk contest.

zn23
01-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Player votes for the all star game and fan votes for the dunk contest.

Players can be pretty bad talent evaluators as well. They are also buddies with each other and have biases.

They would give legacsy votes to guys like Wade and Rose, and would ignore real elite players like Jokic and Gobert.

The media, while it is flawed, imo is much more objective. I like the current split.

JAZZNC
01-25-2019, 02:07 PM
I know thers X amount of spots. but please correct me cause im probably wrong

isnt the reserves broken down to X number of guards, X number of front court?

if it is, Luka would be a bigger deterrint then Rose. If not, than ignore me haha

I'm pretty sure you are correct that they pick the reserves like that.

Scoots
01-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Itís a game! Thatís only possible because of fans!
Wtf are you people saying? Fans that support this GAME can give every cent that enables a league to exist but canít be afforded an opportunity to choose their favorite player to play a meaningless game?!?

Step back for a bit and realize how stupid that sounds.

Chess is a game too, I'm not going to ask people watching how to make my next move.

MygirlhatesCod
01-27-2019, 01:47 AM
Chess is a game too, I'm not going to ask people watching how to make my next move.

Wtf does this even mean??????

YAALREADYKNO
01-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Most deserving. If it were up to the fans, Zaza wouldíve been an Allstar a few years ago

zookman65
01-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Most deserving. If it were up to the fans, Zaza wouldíve been an Allstar a few years ago

Well this year the fans got it right with Luka. First NBA player in history to have 2 triple doubles as a teenager. The kid with a little more work will be ok, no Trae Young or anything but good nonetheless.

Sanjay
01-27-2019, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure you are correct that they pick the reserves like that.

Yes.

Sanjay
01-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Wtf does this even mean??????

It just means fans should not be involved in selection.

goingfor28
01-28-2019, 11:02 AM
Fans game imo. It's an exhibition game, give the fans who they want. Especially since the AS Saturday night stuff is all a bunch of trash now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scoots
01-28-2019, 02:45 PM
Fans game imo. It's an exhibition game, give the fans who they want. Especially since the AS Saturday night stuff is all a bunch of trash now.

If it's a fans game they should not allow contract terms associated with it.