PDA

View Full Version : Does Luka Doncic Deserve to be an All Star in 2019?

Redrum187
01-25-2019, 12:46 AM
Explain your answer please.

LaVar Ball
01-25-2019, 03:50 AM
Answer: No

Explanation: Titttaayyyssss

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 03:59 AM
Nope not allowed nor is it possible.... Ben simmons was better last year than luka is now and we were told he didnt deserve the all star game :shrug:

Heediot
01-25-2019, 06:56 AM
Curry-Harden-KD-PG-LeBron-AD-Jokic locks

Affet that he has a good shot IMO. RW, Gobert, Dame. Luka, Klay and Kat battle it out for the last 2 spots. He as the respect of Kerr and Pops for sure, it will come down to how the rest of the coaches feel.

ewing
01-25-2019, 07:30 AM
Nope not allowed nor is it possible.... Ben simmons was better last year than luka is now and we were told he didnt deserve the all star game :shrug:

He canít shoot!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tg11
01-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Luka deserves it and why? He is probably the best player on his team and he is a Rookie just coming into the league. Let that sink in. Probably the best foreign overseas player to make it to an All Star team in his rookie season since Yao Ming. Did Yao deserve it when he was a Rookie? Yeah because he was the best player on his team or one of them but Luka has more upside than probably any of the Rookies this season bar none. So why shouldn't he be rewarded?

Hawkeye15
01-25-2019, 10:23 AM
west is too loaded

Tg11
01-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Yeah but even so Doncic deserves it

Scoots
01-25-2019, 12:36 PM
Yeah but even so Doncic deserves it

I guess it depends on how you define "deserve"? If all players who are better than the worst player to make the all-star team in the east need to make the game then then west needs 30 roster spots or so.

Rivera
01-25-2019, 12:42 PM
west is too loaded tbh. if i took my bias away, i could chose 12-15 more deserving in the west

my bias kicking in, dude was 2nd in voting from fans for the west. That should get him in

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2019, 01:04 PM
I voted for Luka since voting started this season. Ya figure Mavs are 21 wins as of now. One less win then AD's Pelicans. Besides Mavs have one more win then Beals Wizards and Vucevics Magic. Tied with Pistons for Blake's team. Only two games back from Kemba's Hornets. Yeah wrong conferences but east and west doesn't matter when captains pick from entire pool.

If wins have anything to do with anything LeBron's Lakers are out of the playoffs as of today. Yeah LeBron has been injured and once back he probably turns it around and gets in. But based on records of as in voting with fans and media and players and coaches its all messed up anyway. Heck old days Glenn Robinson got snubbed for Grant Hill that never even played a game that one season yet All Star game was Grant Hill's first game back. All cause of fan voting.

dhopisthename
01-25-2019, 01:31 PM
in the east he would make it easy.

zn23
01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
I would love to see him but no.

Since he's categorized as a forward, if he were to get in, he would end up taking the spot of someone like a Gobert or Steven Adams, or even Tobias Harris all who have played better than him and whose teams are in the playoffs.

He would have a better chance if he were categorized as a guard.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2019, 02:06 PM
I would love to see him but no.

Since he's categorized as a forward, if he were to get in, he would end up taking the spot of someone like a Gobert or Steven Adams, or even Tobias Harris all who have played better than him and whose teams are in the playoffs.

He would have a better chance if he were categorized as a guard.

Not sure why Adams would even be thought of when Thunder most likely has Westbrook and PG13 in the game. Thunder not top team to get 3 all stars. Heck my Bucks are top team and probably only get one. Its a popularity contest.

Mr.B
01-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Yes he deserves to be in.

Based on numbers he deserves to be and in the NBA their All Star game is as much about popularity and why the fans want to see as much as it is about numbers. Based on fan votes he absolutely deserves to be in. The NBA has been pushing the sport as a ďGlobal GameĒ and heís the most popular foreign player in the sport right now. So again, yes he absolutely deserves to an All Star this year.

zn23
01-25-2019, 02:49 PM
Not sure why Adams would even be thought of when Thunder most likely has Westbrook and PG13 in the game. Thunder not top team to get 3 all stars. Heck my Bucks are top team and probably only get one. Its a popularity contest.

Ok, but what about Gobert?

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 07:46 PM
He canít shoot!!!!

and luka cant defend/rebound/pass like ben can or score at such a high pct :shrug:

I am just going by the psd rules... Ben wasnt allowed to enter the all star game because he was an undeserving rookie.

Bostonjorge
01-25-2019, 09:46 PM
Jamal Murray has been balling all year. I think he deserves it over the rookie.

ewing
01-26-2019, 09:05 PM
and luka cant defend/rebound/pass like ben can or score at such a high pct :shrug:

I am just going by the psd rules... Ben wasnt allowed to enter the all star game because he was an undeserving rookie.

No it was bc heís a brick layer

More-Than-Most
01-26-2019, 10:42 PM
No it was bc heís a brick layer

more than half of his total shots went in last year....... facts being facts... he had a better per/vorp/plus minus.... stats being stats. If 3 point pct was everything kyle korver would be an all star every year but we seem to only use 3 point percentage when it matters to limit a guys performance even though he does it everywhere else... Its interesting... Hypocritical as **** but interesting.

Who hurts their team more right now? Ben simmons by not shooting 3s or westy by shooting 3s? one guy knows his limitations while shooting 55 percent from the field and the other shoots horrid while taking a ton of shots per game.

ewing
01-26-2019, 11:16 PM
more than half of his total shots went in last year....... facts being facts... he had a better per/vorp/plus minus.... stats being stats. If 3 point pct was everything kyle korver would be an all star every year but we seem to only use 3 point percentage when it matters to limit a guys performance even though he does it everywhere else... Its interesting... Hypocritical as **** but interesting.

Who hurts their team more right now? Ben simmons by not shooting 3s or westy by shooting 3s? one guy knows his limitations while shooting 55 percent from the field and the other shoots horrid while taking a ton of shots per game.

Idk. Westbrook helps his team win games more

zookman65
01-27-2019, 11:01 PM
Idk. Westbrook helps his team win games more

Ya having Paul George helps you win a lot. I bet Luka would like one of those.

zn23
01-27-2019, 11:07 PM
I changed my mind. Luka > Tobias Harris and Derozan and Aldridge.

ewing
01-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Ya having Paul George helps you win a lot. I bet Luka would like one of those.

Youíre right. Heís better then Ben Simmons too

zookman65
01-27-2019, 11:33 PM
Youíre right. Heís better then Ben Simmons too

He has played well enough to be a reserve ahead of Steven Adams et al. 20 pts 7 boards and 5 assists a game plus top 3 clutch numbers in all of NBA. I didnt say a starter but certainly a reserve.

ewing
01-27-2019, 11:51 PM
He has played well enough to be a reserve ahead of Steven Adams et al. 20 pts 7 boards and 5 assists a game plus top 3 clutch numbers in all of NBA. I didnt say a starter but certainly a reserve.

I was just telling more then most that Ben Simmons didnít deserve to be an all star last year.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2019, 12:34 AM
I was just telling more then most that Ben Simmons didnít deserve to be an all star last year.

and you were wrong... he 100 percent did deserve it esp considering who got in over him... see that **** player from the heat.

braidster#1
01-28-2019, 02:48 AM
Luca is 1/6 players to avg 20+/5+/6+ so far this season. Pretty much the only bright spot for the Mav's and keeping them semi-competitive. While he is deserving, like others have said tough in a crowded west for a forward.

ewing
01-28-2019, 08:46 PM
and you were wrong... he 100 percent did deserve it esp considering who got in over him... see that **** player from the heat.

Donít **** with the dragon