PDA

View Full Version : Which teams could have beaten the champs (every year) if only they had played them?

Chronz
01-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Heres mine

18 Warriors, no one
17 Warriors, hella no one
16 Cavs?
15 Warriors, the Spurs who lost in r1 as a result of a seeding glitch
14 Spurs, no one
13 Heat, no one (if the Spurs couldn't)
12 Heat, Spurs.
11 Mavs, no one, team of destiny

10 Lakers and 09 Lakers, I seriously think the 60 win Cavs could match up with them, they just suffered injuries at the worst times

08 Celtics, the Spurs.

07 Spurs, the 1 seeded mavs only lost due to very unique circumstances only the we believe dubs could exploit. If not then then the Pistons who got LeBoned.

06 Heat, I honestly believe the Suns could have ran them out the building and that the Heat preferred a team like the Spurs but both are solid choices.

05 Spurs, wouldve lost if the Heat were healthy but lots of bad injuries this year. I think a healthy Rockets team could've pushed them.

04 Pistons, no one.

03 Spurs, healthy Mavs or Kings. Prolly the kings tho.

Threepeat Lakers. No. One.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2019, 04:25 PM
04 Pistons- a healthy Wolves squad matched them very well.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 04:33 PM
2005 and 2011 still haunt me. Possibly 2 more championships and FMVPs for the GOAT 😔

Tg11
01-23-2019, 05:30 PM
If you are doing alternate reality here

18- Cavs/Rockets had CP3 been healthy and if other injuries hadn't hampered them; I think Houston could have beaten Golden State to go on to face Bron in the Finals. Cavs/Rockets...LeBron going up against Harden and CP3 could you imagine?

17- Cavs/Warriors was destined to happen regardless

16- If OKC hadn't choked...Durant and Westbrook could have beat GSW; we would have got Cavs/Thunder in the Finals

15- Cavs/Warriors...bound to happen either way

14- Heat/Spurs again was destiny
13- Pacers/Spurs if PG-13 and the crew had not choked

12- Celtics/Thunder could have gone down if Boston hadn't choked against Miami

11- Mavs/Heat was bound to happen
10- Celtics/Lakers was destiny
09- Lakers/Magic was destiny either way

basch152
01-23-2019, 05:37 PM
I always just wonder how many championships the pistons get if they draft wade.

they almost undoubtedly win 04-07, 08-10 they still would have been contenders, then would have lebron and bosh still have joined wade in Detroit after that? if so you're talking about potentially 6-8 total championships at a minimum.

FlashBolt
01-23-2019, 05:41 PM

they almost undoubtedly win 04-07, 08-10 they still would have been contenders, then would have lebron and bosh still have joined wade in Detroit after that? if so you're talking about potentially 6-8 total championships at a minimum.

Pistons were deep at the wings position. Hindsight is 20/20 but they decided to go for fit and thought Darko would have made sense. They passed on Melo for the same reason.

Chronz
01-23-2019, 06:26 PM
If you are doing alternate reality here

18- Cavs/Rockets had CP3 been healthy and if other injuries hadn't hampered them; I think Houston could have beaten Golden State to go on to face Bron in the Finals. Cavs/Rockets...LeBron going up against Harden and CP3 could you imagine?

17- Cavs/Warriors was destined to happen regardless

16- If OKC hadn't choked...Durant and Westbrook could have beat GSW; we would have got Cavs/Thunder in the Finals

15- Cavs/Warriors...bound to happen either way

14- Heat/Spurs again was destiny
13- Pacers/Spurs if PG-13 and the crew had not choked

12- Celtics/Thunder could have gone down if Boston hadn't choked against Miami

11- Mavs/Heat was bound to happen
10- Celtics/Lakers was destiny

Its alternate reality where the champs face new opposition, not teams that we already know lost to the champs, they had their chance and failed

Rivera
01-23-2019, 06:39 PM

this **** still haunts me. Courtney Lee misses a layup in game 2 to win

Hedo forgets how to shoot free throws in the 4th quarter of game 4

Magic could have easily been up 3-1 smh

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 11:09 PM

Wade would finish top 10 ever and ahead of Kobe.