PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Star Events that should be added into All Star Weekend

Tg11
01-22-2019, 06:21 PM
Friday portion

1 on 1 tournament begins (Streetball rules; 2 point baskets count as 1 point; 3 point shots count as 2 points; 16 players in this tournament; 8 players from the East and 8 players from the West go head to head)- 4pm start time

Celebrity Game stays the same- 7pm start time

Rising Stars (Team USA vs Team World)- 9pm start time

Saturday portion of the weekend

1 on 1 tournament East Semi Final- 6pm
1 on 1 tournament West Semi Final- 7pm
Shooting Stars competition (bringing it back)- 8pm
Skills Challenge would be the next event
3 pt Shootout next
Dunk Contest to finish off Saturday night

Sunday portion

1 on 1 tournament Final- Player representing the East bracket vs Player representing West bracket; winner of the tournament wins $1,000,000 for charity of choice- 6pm

NBA All Star Game itself- 8pm

Scoots
01-22-2019, 11:10 PM
3 on 3 tournament where each NBA team sends 3 players who will play together. 10 minute games. If the winning team is a lottery team they get 10 extra combinations in the lottery, if they are not a lottery team they get a $2M exception on their cap for the next season paid by the NBA. And the winning players get $100k each.

ewing
01-22-2019, 11:30 PM
Ping pong, bean bag toss, dominos, anal ring toss, shuffle board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storch
01-23-2019, 12:49 AM
3 on 3 tournament where each NBA team sends 3 players who will play together. 10 minute games. If the winning team is a lottery team they get 10 extra combinations in the lottery, if they are not a lottery team they get a $2M exception on their cap for the next season paid by the NBA. And the winning players get $100k each.

Down for this. They can even send the rookies idc

Scoots
01-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Ping pong, bean bag toss, dominos, anal ring toss, shuffle board

Beer pong.

Redrum187
01-23-2019, 01:20 AM
Ultimate Fantasy Draft should come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHbdbj4TRfw

Tg11
01-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Fantasy Draft should come back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHbdbj4TRfw

I would be down with this

Tg11
01-23-2019, 07:18 AM

I would be even more down with a 3 on 3 tournament especially structured like this

warfelg
01-23-2019, 09:53 AM

I donít like the lottery and camp implications but for the NHL they do each division gets teams to play a 3v3 tournament as their all star game.

For the NBA All Star game: 8 4-man teams. 10 highest vote getters are captains, 2 round snake draft (reverse vote order the draft so the guy with the least votes gets pick #1; most votes gets pick #8&#9), 4th guy assigned by aggregate votes (ie: team with the lowest total votes gets the next guy with the most votes).

Saturday, 2 ďdivisionsĒ (based on which conference captains are in) play round robin 3v3 in half court 10 minute games. Find a way to make the court 15 longer so 2 games happen at the same time.

Top 2 records, and after that Top 2 aggregate points move onto Sunday for a 4 team tournament. 20 minute 3V3 single elimination games with a total of $12 mil on the line for the team. $1.5 mil to the player; $1.5 mil to a charity of their choice.

Thatís what the all star game should be, not something thatís going to determine draft order or effect FA spending for an event at the weekend.

Tg11
01-23-2019, 10:18 AM
I donít like the lottery and camp implications but for the NHL they do each division gets teams to play a 3v3 tournament as their all star game.

For the NBA All Star game: 8 4-man teams. 10 highest vote getters are captains, 2 round snake draft (reverse vote order the draft so the guy with the least votes gets pick #1; most votes gets pick #8 ), 4th guy assigned by aggregate votes (ie: team with the lowest total votes gets the next guy with the most votes).

Saturday, 2 ďdivisionsĒ (based on which conference captains are in) play round robin 3v3 in half court 10 minute games. Find a way to make the court 15 longer so 2 games happen at the same time.

Top 2 records, and after that Top 2 aggregate points move onto Sunday for a 4 team tournament. 20 minute 3V3 single elimination games with a total of $12 mil on the line for the team. $1.5 mil to the player; $1.5 mil to a charity of their choice.

Thatís what the all star game should be, not something thatís going to determine draft order or effect FA spending for an event at the weekend.

Then what you're suggesting what happens to all the other events like Rising Stars, Celebrity Game, Dunk Contest, 3 Point Shootout, Skills Challenge, etc?

warfelg
01-23-2019, 11:04 AM
Then what you're suggesting what happens to all the other events like Rising Stars, Celebrity Game, Dunk Contest, 3 Point Shootout, Skills Challenge, etc?

Keep them. Well ditch the skills challenge. But you play 2 rounds, have the opening 3 point shootout round, 2 rounds, have the opening dunk contest round.

Rising Stars and Celeb game is played on Friday anyways.

IndyRealist
01-23-2019, 11:49 AM
Swimsuit competition

Tg11
01-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Keep them. Well ditch the skills challenge. But you play 2 rounds, have the opening 3 point shootout round, 2 rounds, have the opening dunk contest round.

Rising Stars and Celeb game is played on Friday anyways.

Then thinking about it now I actually like your idea a whole lot more now

warfelg
01-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Swimsuit competition

Only a WAGs edition.

Scoots
01-23-2019, 11:16 PM

For the NBA All Star game: 8 4-man teams. 10 highest vote getters are captains, 2 round snake draft (reverse vote order the draft so the guy with the least votes gets pick #1; most votes gets pick #8 ), 4th guy assigned by aggregate votes (ie: team with the lowest total votes gets the next guy with the most votes).

I'd rather have every team involved ... they want more people to watch. The all-star game itself can stay the same (I won't watch) as the "honor" for the players.

ewing
01-24-2019, 01:02 AM
They should have a basketball trivia game and a jeopardy competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tg11
01-24-2019, 07:13 AM
Legends Game should be added and I would add that to the Friday portion of the weekend