PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Hield

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 03:33 AM
That game tonight wow... On top of that outside of ben simmons this dude looks like the steal of the draft on what was expected to be a **** draft after the first 2 guys... is buddy hield an all star and what is his ceiling?

So far he is putting up 20/5 on 48/45/86 shooting which is insane for anyone not named curry in terms of shooting and his shooting isnt that far off from what curry is shooting. He is nowhere near curry of course in general but this dude just can flat out shoot.

here is his highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhdy-0ENcAY

Him and fox are gonna make noise in about 2 years esp if they get another star

bucketss
01-20-2019, 03:50 AM
pelicans traded him for 65 games of cousins.. ouch

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 04:00 AM
i knew he could shoot but never did i think his shooting would be this good all the time.

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 04:03 AM
Big Vlad knows what hes doing... which none of us ever thought we would say.

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 04:04 AM
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/how-vlade-divac-kings-came-out-ahead-demarcus-cousins-trade-gamble

After Vlade Divac surprisingly traded DeMarcus Cousins on Feb. 20, 2017, the Kings general manager famously delivered a prediction.

I believe we are going to be in a better position in two years, Divac said. I want to hear again from these same people in two years. If Im right, great. If Im wrong, Ill step down. But if I go down, Im going down my way.

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 04:05 AM
remember when this trade first happened? all of us were calling vlad an idiot and when he said he would step down we laughed if they werent better? who is laughing now?

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 04:10 AM
Lets think about this for 1 second... Look at the teams outside the sixers that either tanked or were suppose to have insane young cores.... Right now the nets/kings who couldnt tank and looked like they were screwed have a better record than the knicks/wolves and if you take away lebron the lakers and their young core wouldnt be as good as the kings are right now. I am a big fan of tanking because of everyone wanting to be part of a super team but maybe the nets/kings are ******** on that notion. 1 thing is for damn sure these 2 franchises deserve a **** ton of credit... DLO/Dimwiddie and hield/fox look like amazing young pieces.

basch152
01-20-2019, 04:40 AM
remember when this trade first happened? all of us were calling vlad an idiot and when he said he would step down we laughed if they werent better? who is laughing now?

I also remember saying the trade for griffin for the pistons was horrible and idiotic. if they continue a few more games I'm making a thread calling everyone out because the clippers are now far better off getting harris bradley and picks for griffin and the pistons are going to continue to flounder.

More-Than-Most
01-20-2019, 05:17 AM
I also remember saying the trade for griffin for the pistons was horrible and idiotic. if they continue a few more games I'm making a thread calling everyone out because the clippers are now far better off getting harris bradley and picks for griffin and the pistons are going to continue to flounder.

i was on the boat for saying vlade deserved to be fired for the **** he got for cousins. Man talk about egg on the face for us couch GMs... Not sure I remember my take on blake though... I was 10000 percent wrong about vlad.

ewing
01-20-2019, 09:19 AM
i knew he could shoot but never did i think his shooting would be this good all the time.

Buddy was absolutely lights out from day one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
01-20-2019, 09:19 AM
I thought the trade was fine. Given that they valued Hield they essentially got 2 firsts. Of course, I also think Cousins is overrated apart from his stint in NOLA.

ewing
01-20-2019, 09:21 AM

I was a fan of the trade from the kings perspective. I also thought Buddy was the best player in the draft and dont like Cousins at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tg11
01-20-2019, 09:56 AM
Could Hield be an All Star going forward? Yeah he can but only if he continues with these solid performances from here on out

JAZZNC
01-20-2019, 10:03 AM
He's also a 4yr college player. Those guys are never supposed to be good. If you don't leave after year 1 you're trash right? Because there is no possible way to have "potential" after 4yrs of college basketball. And potential is all that matters in the draft. Right?

Tg11
01-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Kings are playing good basketball too so can they be a playoff team? The potential is there

CityofTreez
01-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Buddy Buckets!!!!

Road Buddy is unreal as he plays at a higher level away from home.

CityofTreez
01-20-2019, 11:45 AM
I thought the trade was fine. Given that they valued Hield they essentially got 2 firsts. Of course, I also think Cousins is overrated apart from his stint in NOLA.

Buddy Hield
Justin Jackson
Harry Giles III

After flipping NOs (10 pick) to POR for their (14th & 20th)

Vlade got a solid return for Cousins & PORs pursuit for Zach Collins

More-Than-Most
02-03-2019, 02:33 AM
I mean holy **** lol

More-Than-Most
02-03-2019, 02:35 AM
21/5 on 48/46/86

this kid is insane.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2019, 10:45 AM
Percentages almost up there with Brogdon at 51.3%fg/42%3pt/.946ft. Edges Brogdon on 3pt%.

JAZZNC
02-03-2019, 11:02 AM
21/5 on 48/46/86

this kid is insane.

Hilarious how Vlade was just getting absolutely killed by everyone for that trade. The Kings knew Boogie was crap and just a stat stuffing, lazy, non-winning player. It's not a surprise that by removing Boogie they've instantly become a better team.

Scoots
02-03-2019, 11:26 AM
More evidence that teams and fans give up on players way too quickly.

aman_13
02-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Eh the Kings did something right. They look like they are going to be a problem for years to come.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Scoots
02-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Hilarious how Vlade was just getting absolutely killed by everyone for that trade. The Kings knew Boogie was crap and just a stat stuffing, lazy, non-winning player. It's not a surprise that by removing Boogie they've instantly become a better team.

To be fair Vlade earned criticism ... Georgios Papagiannis. He also effectively traded Tatum for De'Aaron Fox, and has signed a bunch of questionable vets to questionable contracts. But he has done something a lot of GMs fail to do and that is be patient with youth.

tp13baby
02-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Percentages almost up there with Brogdon at 51.3%fg/42%3pt/.946ft. Edges Brogdon on 3pt%.

They have different roles and are 2 different players. Not sure why this was brought up.

More-Than-Most
02-03-2019, 02:39 PM
They have different roles and are 2 different players. Not sure why this was brought up.

i also think its far more impressive to shoot 48/46 while shooting 5 more shots per game and twice as many 3s per game lolol

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Don't think he'll ever be an all star but he's probably a guy who'll last long in the league. Like JJ Reddick.

aman_13
02-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Don't think he'll ever be an all star but he's probably a guy who'll last long in the league. Like JJ Reddick.

I can see AS. Well I suppose it will he tough in the west but I think he will be a star caliber player at the minimum for his career.

JAZZNC
02-03-2019, 11:05 PM
To be fair Vlade earned criticism ... Georgios Papagiannis. He also effectively traded Tatum for De'Aaron Fox, and has signed a bunch of questionable vets to questionable contracts. But he has done something a lot of GMs fail to do and that is be patient with youth.

Is Tatum sure fire better than Tatum at this point? And I don't mind the questionable vet signings because who are they gonna sign anyway?

No matter what, I just think it's funny how he was such an idiot a year and a half ago for that trade and it really looks good now.

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-04-2019, 04:57 PM
That game tonight wow... On top of that outside of ben simmons this dude looks like the steal of the draft on what was expected to be a **** draft after the first 2 guys... is buddy hield an all star and what is his ceiling?

So far he is putting up 20/5 on 48/45/86 shooting which is insane for anyone not named curry in terms of shooting and his shooting isnt that far off from what curry is shooting. He is nowhere near curry of course in general but this dude just can flat out shoot.

here is his highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhdy-0ENcAY

Him and fox are gonna make noise in about 2 years esp if they get another star

They might have that other star on their roster already if Bagley keeps improving.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-04-2019, 06:46 PM
I can see AS. Well I suppose it will he tough in the west but I think he will be a star caliber player at the minimum for his career.

He'd still be really good even if not all star.

Tg11
02-05-2019, 02:48 PM
If Hield were in the East he would definitely be an All Star

kyubi256
02-05-2019, 03:42 PM
I liked Hield coming out of the draft. Glad he's succeeding