PDA

View Full Version : Gasol and Conley meet with Grizzlies owner Pera

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-19-2019, 08:25 AM
As the Memphis Grizzlies approach a crossroads ahead of the Feb. 7 NBA trade deadline, franchise stars Marc Gasol and Mike Conley Jr. met with owner Robert Pera this week over the state of the team, league sources told The Athletic.

Conley and Gasol, who has a player option for next season worth $25.5 million, sat down with Pera in Memphis this week to discuss the direction of the franchise, league sources said. Pera often meets with key team personnel when he visits Memphis over the course of a season.

Several NBA teams have monitored Gasolís situation ó and possible availability ó in Memphis, but the Grizzlies so far this season have stated their desire to compete for a postseason berth with a team built around the three-time All-Star center and Conley. Gasol, who will turn 34 later this month, has averaged 15.4 points and 8.4 rebounds this season, but the Grizzlies have sputtered since a 12-5 start.

The Grizzlies, losers of nine of their past 10...

https://theathletic.com/775446/2019/01/18/charanias-notebook-grizzlies-at-a-crossroads-ahead-of-trade-deadline-owner-meets-with-franchise-stars-gasol-and-conley/

Could be nothing. But who knows?

Tg11
01-19-2019, 09:12 AM
I think one or both are gone by trade deadline or at least by this summer

lakerfan85
01-19-2019, 09:33 AM
I think Conley will be hard to trade. I canít see why any contender would want his contract..

Tg11
01-19-2019, 09:38 AM
I think Conley will be hard to trade. I canít see why any contender would want his contract..

Conley is an elite PG so who wouldn't want him? I know a lot of good teams in our league who would want him

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-19-2019, 10:45 AM
2019 ó Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/memphis-grizzlies-team-salary/

Grizzlies are tied with Magic for #6 spot as of right now.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

That's before lottery drawings. So they have to nose dive now. Also best to rebuild now and hurry and retool around Jackson and lottery pick now besides whatever they can get for Gasol and Conley. Magic could be buyers or sellers. Depends if they win any more until trade deadline. If Magic are sellers. Then if Grizzlies don't sell any of Gasol or Conley chance they give up a pick in #7 to #10 range. Unless they get lucky and move up in the lottery drawing.

Tg11
01-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Memphis need to blow it up

jaydubb
01-19-2019, 11:29 AM
Conley is an elite PG so who wouldn't want him? I know a lot of good teams in our league who would want him

With or without the huge contract and injuries that he has every year? He's a good player, sure, but the injuries and his contract make him less valuable imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
01-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Would love Marc Gasol on the Lakers next year for the Vet MLE....

Heediot
01-19-2019, 02:41 PM
Conley for John Wall would help the tank.

They can try to restore Wall's value playing on a crap team in the future and re-ship him.

aman_13
01-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Not sure how Lowry would feel about it, but I would love to see Conley on the Raptors. He can certainly play the 2 and the Raptors are looking for another playmaker who can score.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Heediot
01-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Not sure how Lowry would feel about it, but I would love to see Conley on the Raptors. He can certainly play the 2 and the Raptors are looking for another playmaker who can score.

Conley & Gasol - For Lowry, JV and Powell.

Gasol is a nice third option in the playoffs.

lakerfan85
01-19-2019, 04:39 PM

Heís always hurt and his contract is insane.

Tg11
01-19-2019, 05:18 PM
Conley and Gasol on the Raptors I could go for that by giving up JV, Ibaka, Powell and 2 lottery protected picks in a blockbuster package

Sanjay
01-21-2019, 07:08 PM

Gasol is a nice third option in the playoffs.

Conley and Gasol on the Raptors I could go for that by giving up JV, Ibaka, Powell and 2 lottery protected picks in a blockbuster package

Either of these would put one hand on the Eastern Conference for the Raptors:

PG - Conley or Lowry/VanVleet
SG - Lowry or Green/McCaw
SF - Leonard/Anunobdy
PF - Ibaka or Siakam/?
C - Ibaka or Gasol/Monroe

Heediot
01-21-2019, 08:27 PM
damn they are struggling vs. a ad-less pels. they need to trade the vets and go for a high pick.

aman_13
01-21-2019, 09:25 PM

Gasol is a nice third option in the playoffs.That's an off season type move imo.

Storch
01-21-2019, 09:49 PM
Conley to the knicks

LA_Raiders
01-21-2019, 09:55 PM
Both need to be traded and officially tank

Tg11
01-22-2019, 07:21 AM
Gasol and Conley to the Raptors for Lowry, JV and Powell I like that trade

Raptors with Kawhi (SF), FVV (PG), Conley (SG), Gasol (C), and Siakam (PF) I like that starting five a whole lot

Heediot
01-22-2019, 07:29 AM
That's an off season type move imo.

Valid point. That's a big roster/chemistry change/disruption. Better to have more time to gel and develop cohesion as a unit and with rotations.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2019, 09:12 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2019, 09:56 AM

Parson's is under contract one more season at $25M. Yuck.

Tg11
01-23-2019, 10:21 AM
Or another trade

BOS we trade Hayward, Brown, Morris and 2 lottery protected draft picks to MEM for Conley and Gasol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2019, 10:30 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Or another trade

BOS we trade Hayward, Brown, Morris and 2 lottery protected draft picks to MEM for Conley and Gasol

Conley and Gasol are like $54.6M combined. Hayward,Brown,Morris is like only $41M. Probably have to toss in Smart as well.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 10:46 AM

Parson's is under contract one more season at $25M. Yuck.

Iíll do it if theyíll take James Johnson and Kelly or Dion back to match parsons salary. Clears cap a year earlier for Miami and gives Memphis smaller contracts they may be able to move. I think theyíll have a very hard time finding a trade packaged with Gasol and Parsons.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2019, 10:53 AM
I could see Miami going after both Gasol and Conley. Pat always going for win now moves. Just doubt the Grizzlies want the pieces your offering other then BAM and some picks. The expensive pieces to a third team for expiring junk. But if the third team eating salary. That third team may want compensation from Heat as well.

Scoots
01-23-2019, 12:57 PM
Is it just me that finds it funny when they say "contenders might be interested" ... what contender has cap space or tradeable assets to make that work?

Hawkeye15
01-23-2019, 01:05 PM
Is it just me that finds it funny when they say "contenders might be interested" ... what contender has cap space or tradeable assets to make that work?

exactly haha

Boston making a move for Gasol maybe? But that is about it.

IndyRealist
01-23-2019, 01:14 PM

Boston. It's always Boston. They're the only contender with tradeable pieces that anyone wants.

Maybe Draymond or Klay? Who knows what these writers are thinking.

Tg11
01-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Or instead for Conley...I would trade him to the Clippers and Marc Gasol to the Raptors...with Gasol on the Raptors you could have a Big 4 with him, Kawhi, Lowry and Siakam...get rid of JV and Ibaka and Powell

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Hell Iíll take both of them and parsons in a huge roster shake up if possible. Iím ready for something new, this team full of role players isnít cutting it.

IndyRealist
01-23-2019, 01:40 PM
Conley, Gasol, and Parsons are $78M, btw.

Firefistus
01-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Jazz are more than likely in this mix of trying to get Conley. Everyone is saying give up Rubio, Exum, and Grayson Allen plus a pick for him.

Money would work easily, the systems are very similar, and if the Griz are interested in getting younger they would have Exum (who are both 23). Rubio's contract would expire this year, so they will have money this off-season.

WaDe03
01-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Jazz want Otto Porter too

valade16
01-23-2019, 05:10 PM
Jazz are more than likely in this mix of trying to get Conley. Everyone is saying give up Rubio, Exum, and Grayson Allen plus a pick for him.

Money would work easily, the systems are very similar, and if the Griz are interested in getting younger they would have Exum (who are both 23). Rubio's contract would expire this year, so they will have money this off-season.

An expiring contract (and good replacement player), 2 young pieces and a pick seems like too much to give up for an injury prone PG on a massively overpaid contract for the Jazz.

dhopisthename
01-23-2019, 07:34 PM
An expiring contract (and good replacement player), 2 young pieces and a pick seems like too much to give up for an injury prone PG on a massively overpaid contract for the Jazz.

I think the question becomes would that even be enough for memphis or are they going to think that they guys are worth more. As a Jazz fan I would probably say no to giving up the pick and Allen for him for all the reasons you listed, but I don't think I would be that upset if it happened. He also lines up nicely with Mitchells contract so he expires at the same time Mitchell should be getting his big contract.

JAZZNC
01-23-2019, 09:25 PM

Eh, We are playing better ball without Exum and Rubio. I think Conley would fit nicely and it's not like Exum has a great injury history. I'd like to keep Allen though. Rubio/Exum/1st works for me.

ewing
01-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Or instead for Conley...I would trade him to the Clippers and Marc Gasol to the Raptors...with Gasol on the Raptors you could have a Big 4 with him, Kawhi, Lowry and Siakam...get rid of JV and Ibaka and Powell

I would be terrified of any team with Gasol and KL

JAZZNC
01-24-2019, 12:31 AM
Man, everybody keeps passing it to Udoh like yes Favors or Gobert. Damn hes got cinder blocks for hands. As much as I hate on Favors he is good as the roll man.

JAZZNC
01-24-2019, 12:34 AM
Hahaha, Jokic trying to act tough

JAZZNC
01-24-2019, 12:37 AM
Absolutely no reason to double Jokic when Gobert is on him

More-Than-Most
01-24-2019, 02:25 AM
never ever understood the conley love. It took DLO 4 seasons to get better than conley is now. BOOM

More-Than-Most
01-24-2019, 02:26 AM
Mike conley is 31 years old under a horrid contract and was never great..... He was another one I hated and laughed to the stars when he got that deal and was called an idiot for it. Just saying

Tg11
01-24-2019, 07:16 AM
Gasol to the Raptors...it could get them over the hump

IndyRealist
01-24-2019, 10:18 AM
Mike conley is 31 years old under a horrid contract and was never great..... He was another one I hated and laughed to the stars when he got that deal and was called an idiot for it. Just saying

Incan't tell if you unreasonably hate Conley or unreasonably love Russell, or both. I will never understand the fascination with volume scoring wing players that do nothing else.

Rivera
01-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Incan't tell if you unreasonably hate Conley or unreasonably love Russell, or both. I will never understand the fascination with volume scoring wing players that do nothing else.

its funny coming from him to be honest. he usually hates high volume scorers who plays no D

but yet he loves DLo

Oefarmy2005
01-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Do you guys think that if the Wolves offered Wiggins, Jones + an unprotected pick this year for Conely, Memphis would hang up the phone? I know I would, because I watch Wiggins play all the time, but maybe somebody overrates him still?

WaDe03
01-24-2019, 11:48 AM
You can discredit DLo all you want but if you know the game you know heís good. Heís winning his team games carrying them to wins and his teammates are lobbying him to be an all star because of it. The way some of you view the game these days is ridiculous.

JAZZNC
01-24-2019, 12:35 PM
its funny coming from him to be honest. he usually hates high volume scorers who plays no D

but yet he loves DLo

It's because he was touting Dlo before the draft and MTM HAS to prove himself right. It's just who he is. Him being right means much more than him sticking to his principles.

Rivera
01-24-2019, 12:42 PM
You can discredit DLo all you want but if you know the game you know heís good. Heís winning his team games carrying them to wins and his teammates are lobbying him to be an all star because of it. The way some of you view the game these days is ridiculous.

cant speak for others, but im not discrediting him. hes solid but right now he is who he is. hes a volume scorer who plays little to no D. he still has a place in the league and can be effective, but he isnt all star level yet, not even in the east.

ewing
01-24-2019, 01:42 PM
cant speak for others, but im not discrediting him. hes solid but right now he is who he is. hes a volume scorer who plays little to no D. he still has a place in the league and can be effective, but he isnt all star level yet, not even in the east.

I feel I can normally get good feel for PGs watching a small sample size but I donít know about DLO yet. I feel he might be a scoring 6th man?

IndyRealist
01-24-2019, 03:01 PM

Intelligently?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2019, 03:56 PM
Do you guys think that if the Wolves offered Wiggins, Jones + an unprotected pick this year for Conely, Memphis would hang up the phone? I know I would, because I watch Wiggins play all the time, but maybe somebody overrates him still?

Wiggins is horrible. Doubt Grizzlies want his contract either. Yeah Conley is old and injury-prone and a bad contract as well. But Conley when healthy is a good player.

WaDe03
01-24-2019, 04:42 PM
Intelligently?

Yes, heís carrying his team and theyíre the 6th seed while heís putting up big numbers and hitting clutch shots. Heís definitely a good player and has found his place. Heíll continue to improve now.

kobe4thewinbang
01-24-2019, 10:58 PM
Should've never re-signed Conley.

Dunno who their GM is, or why they thought it was worth trying again. It's like trying to make it work and consider re-marrying your ex wife or something.

Not impossible, but highly unlikely to work out.

Instead they gave Conley crazy money. Yes, Gasol can hit 3s but he's still dinosaur material.

TakeYourL
01-25-2019, 12:00 AM
Should've never re-signed Conley.

Dunno who their GM is, or why they thought it was worth trying again. It's like trying to make it work and consider re-marrying your ex wife or something.

Not impossible, but highly unlikely to work out.

Instead they gave Conley crazy money. Yes, Gasol can hit 3s but he's still dinosaur material.

Teams have no choice really. They know these contracts will hurt them in the future but they have to do it anyway.

It's extremely hard in the NBA to get talent. If you have top tier players you have to pay them most of the time because plan b is to tank for years with this salary cap.

If you let go your top players you jave no idea when or who you will replace them.

Not to mention Memphis had a good team and they were trying to win

Teams should be salivating at the prospect of adding gasol or Conley instead they are looking at that cap space.

NBA has nutered itself.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 01:35 AM

but yet he loves DLo

DLO can grow... And doesnt make 200 million dollars.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 01:35 AM
It's because he was touting Dlo before the draft and MTM HAS to prove himself right. It's just who he is. Him being right means much more than him sticking to his principles.

you get me... you really really get me :love:

My love for DLO/Ingram and bron out weigh anything else I believe in lol

More-Than-Most
01-25-2019, 01:37 AM

volume scorer that dishes almost 7 assists a game and has one of the lower turnovers per game... he isnt just a scorer but an elite play maker as well. He needs to work on the defense def

JAZZNC
01-25-2019, 12:23 PM
you get me... you really really get me :love:

My love for DLO/Ingram and bron out weigh anything else I believe in lol

I know buddy, never change!!!

ewing
01-25-2019, 12:31 PM
volume scorer that dishes almost 7 assists a game and has one of the lower turnovers per game... he isnt just a scorer but an elite play maker as well. He needs to work on the defense def

The 7 assists is impressive and surprising to me. I really haven't seen him create that much in the games I've watched. He is one of these guys that looks like he shouldn't be able to get a shot off a lot and gets it off easily. It's similar to watching Zbo shoot the ball in people's faces over and over again without jumping more then a quarter inch. I not sure how he does it but he gets shots off the dribble and catch pretty easily and can definitely shoot. I have to watch more to get a better sense of the rest of his game.

kdspurman
02-01-2019, 11:34 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-01-2019, 12:00 PM

What else are the Jazz gonna add? Rubio makes $14.9M and Conley makes $30.5M.

IndyRealist
02-01-2019, 12:13 PM
What else are the Jazz gonna add? Rubio makes $14.9M and Conley makes $30.5M.

My guess is Favors or Exum.

Firefistus
02-01-2019, 02:19 PM
My guess is Favors or Exum.

Or Sefalosha and a 5 million trade exception. I think that's enough? From what I've been told Griz are more interested in picks, and are trying to get 2 first rounds for him, and Jazz are only willing to give up this years pick.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Or Sefalosha and a 5 million trade exception. I think that's enough? From what I've been told Griz are more interested in picks, and are trying to get 2 first rounds for him, and Jazz are only willing to give up this years pick.

TPE's cant be bundled. Has to be alone.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-04-2019, 12:02 PM

Rivera
02-04-2019, 12:24 PM
man i hope the Jazz get Conley. Its a perfect fit

gtr357
02-04-2019, 12:48 PM

That's a really good trade for raps. With gasol they have post scorer. However grizzlies want payroll relief also. I don't think valanciunas and ibaka will help with that. Or raps would have to give up a first rounder. I don't think they give that up for anybody but Davis or someone that can be a primary scorer. Raps are freaking good though. They built team well.

dhopisthename
02-04-2019, 12:50 PM
man i hope the Jazz get Conley. Its a perfect fit

yeah I really want him. the Jazz really want him, but supposedly the pistons made a pretty competitive offer.

WaDe03
02-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Raptors offered Lowry and Jonas for Conley and Gasol. Are both guys expiring? Theyíll probably need to include some picks and a young guy.

statquo
02-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Lowry must want out? Weird.

dhopisthename
02-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Raptors offered Lowry and Jonas for Conley and Gasol. Are both guys expiring? Theyíll probably need to include some picks and a young guy.

neither guy is expiring. that trade would make zero sense for what memphis is trying to do unless Toronto adds like 2 firsts and or a young guy which they might. just seems like it would cost too much for Toronto to be worth it or not enough for memphis.

WaDe03
02-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Gasol to the Hornets is heating up.

Jamiecballer
02-05-2019, 08:50 PM
Raptors offered Lowry and Jonas for Conley and Gasol. Are both guys expiring? Theyíll probably need to include some picks and a young guy.False. It was actually the other way around. And there is a zero percent chance they would do such a deal which is why the discussion was shut down immediately

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

pebloemer
02-05-2019, 09:02 PM
False. It was actually the other way around. And there is a zero percent chance they would do such a deal which is why the discussion was shut down immediately

I'm not sure there is enough sources supporting this. What makes you confident Memphis would want a 32 yr old PG and an expiring C for their best two assets?

Jamiecballer
02-05-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure there is enough sources supporting this. What makes you confident Memphis would want a 32 yr old PG and an expiring C for their best two assets?True. I'm inclined to believe it simply for all the reasons it makes zero sense for the Raptors. As I mentioned in the Raptors thread though, I would completely believe it if the Raptors and Lowry have had enough of each other, because then I can see Masai trying to get what he can

pebloemer
02-05-2019, 09:17 PM
True. I'm inclined to believe it simply for all the reasons it makes zero sense for the Raptors. As I mentioned in the Raptors thread though, I would completely believe it if the Raptors and Lowry have had enough of each other, because then I can see Masai trying to get what he can

It doesn't really make sense to me unless the Raps don't believe in Lowry. On that sense, I agree. But from Memphis' perspective, it makes no sense at all. Which is why I'm inclined to believe the reports outside of TO.

Jamiecballer
02-05-2019, 09:29 PM
It doesn't really make sense to me unless the Raps don't believe in Lowry. On that sense, I agree. But from Memphis' perspective, it makes no sense at all. Which is why I'm inclined to believe the reports outside of TO.I think Memphis is trying to leverage more out of its real suitors

WaDe03
02-05-2019, 10:29 PM
False. It was actually the other way around. And there is a zero percent chance they would do such a deal which is why the discussion was shut down immediately

Where did you see that? Conley and Gasol are better than Lowry and Jonas.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 09:55 AM

Heediot
02-06-2019, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure there is enough sources supporting this. What makes you confident Memphis would want a 32 yr old PG and an expiring C for their best two assets?

Faster for the rebuild/tank.

I'd do the trade in a heart beat tbh. just am worried about the chemistry and such a big lineup flip half way through the season.

Conley seems more poised and can still play his game effectively in the post-season vs. Lowry. Gasol a nice third option when needed and can be effective without the ball more vs. Jonas.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Where did you see that? Conley and Gasol are better than Lowry and Jonas.There seems to be disagreement about who approached who.

Either way that's not true. Conley is having a better season with Lowry fighting persistent back issues, but the past 8-10 years, not even close

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:10 PM
If Raptors were smart they would go after Conley or Gasol or both

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
If Raptors were smart they would go after Conley or Gasol or both

Thing is Grizzlies want to tank and get young and have expiring contracts and picks or rookie contracts. Gasol and Conley are like $50M+ combined. Doubt they want Lowry and JV swap. Yeah i'm sure Grizzlies could flip Lowry to Suns or Magic pretty quickly. But still. Then you got Jazz and Pistons after Conley as well. So bidding war has begun.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Thing is Grizzlies want to tank and get young and have expiring contracts and picks or rookie contracts. Gasol and Conley are like $50M+ combined. Doubt they want Lowry and JV swap. Yeah i'm sure Grizzlies could flip Lowry to Suns or Magic pretty quickly. But still. Then you got Jazz and Pistons after Conley as well. So bidding war has begun.

Which is why I can't wait to see who gets Conley and Gasol

Heediot
02-06-2019, 12:34 PM
There seems to be disagreement about who approached who.

Either way that's not true. Conley is having a better season with Lowry fighting persistent back issues, but the past 8-10 years, not even close

who cares how great lowry looks before may.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Jazz offering Favors,Rubio and a first for Conley. If I was the Grizzlies i'd take it. Can always flip Rubio to Suns or Magic yet. Favors and get another asset. According to Kevin O'Connor.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Tg11
02-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Pairing up Marc Gasol with Kemba is definitely interesting especially if the Hornets manage to pull it off

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 05:33 PM
who cares how great lowry looks before may.Because if he returns to his form from 2 months ago you look like a moron for blowing your chance at playing in the NBA finals

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 05:39 PM
There seems to be disagreement about who approached who.

A Conley and Gasol duo is easily better than Lowry who chokes in the playoffs and Jonas.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Saw Conley is reluctant to go to Utah.

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Windhorst says Lowry may end up on Utah now. I guess that means Conley to Toronto?

Heediot
02-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Because if he returns to his form from 2 months ago you look like a moron for blowing your chance at playing in the NBA finals

I don't think he is a playoff difference maker, even as a Raptor fan. He'll go off against the Cavs annually but that's about it. I've been looking to upgrade him for a guy that can take the reigns. Mentally im and DD half checked out vs. LeBron whereas the young C's strives for the challenge and were more mentally on point/focus for a fight in the series. He is a try hard over-achiever in the regular season and may be able to duplicate that vs. terrible backcourt defense teams in the loffs like the Cavs, but most of the other times he gets exposed for his limitations.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Windhorst says Lowry may end up on Utah now. I guess that means Conley to Toronto?

Wow, we will see...

Tg11
02-06-2019, 05:54 PM
I would take Conley over Lowry any day especially at the 1 playing PG but Conley he can play combo PG and SG...for Toronto I would gladly trade Lowry for Conley; Lowry ends up in Memphis only to get flipped to a next team; it makes sense

aman_13
02-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Lowry at his peak over Conley any day for me. Unfortunately, Lowry is not the same player and it could be because of age /decline, back issues or both.

Heediot
02-06-2019, 06:07 PM
I think Masai is smart because Lowry's stock may be perceived higher then deserved since he made the all-star team. If you could capitalize on his perceived image/stock you have to see what the market is willing to give back.

The half court end of game offense needs a change for the playoffs, where sometimes teams lull you into playing a half court game.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Exactly and with Lowry's stock being higher now because of making the All Star team teams are gonna be interested

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 06:33 PM
A Conley and Gasol duo is easily better than Lowry who chokes in the playoffs and Jonas.This isn't 2013.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Lowry at his peak over Conley any day for me. Unfortunately, Lowry is not the same player and it could be because of age /decline, back issues or both.Praying it's the back. I mean we know about the back being the issue, just hoping its manageable for the rest of thd year.

Tg11
02-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Conley and Gasol are definitely both better than Lowry and JV especially

Jamiecballer
02-06-2019, 06:36 PM
I think Masai is smart because Lowry's stock may be perceived higher then deserved since he made the all-star team. If you could capitalize on his perceived image/stock you have to see what the market is willing to give back.

The half court end of game offense needs a change for the playoffs, where sometimes teams lull you into playing a half court game.Lowry is clearly not healthy though, it would be gross negligence on the part of the grizz to not know that. Feels like weve all forgotten that detail.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-06-2019, 08:07 PM

dhopisthename
02-06-2019, 08:36 PM
it sure sounds like the Grizzlies are going to keep conley

WaDe03
02-06-2019, 10:30 PM
This isn't 2013.

Doesnít matter, itís been noted that you evaluation of talent is far off though. You have a weird infatuation with Lowry who is nothing special. You thought he was better than Derozan and you thought Van Vleet would be the next Derozan lol.

Thereís never been a point in their careers where the Lowry-Jonas tandem was better than the Conley-Gasol tandem.

beasted86
02-06-2019, 11:47 PM
it sure sounds like the Grizzlies are going to keep conley
Makes no sense. Trade him now while teams are desperate.

I'd laugh at Toronto since it doesn't give salary relief or high draft picks. I also don't think Jazz have a really great offer.

But there are other trades to be made.

Pistons smell desperate enough.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Doesnít matter, itís been noted that you evaluation of talent is far off though. You have a weird infatuation with Lowry who is nothing special. You thought he was better than Derozan and you thought Van Vleet would be the next Derozan lol.

Thereís never been a point in their careers where the Lowry-Jonas tandem was better than the Conley-Gasol tandem.Hey, let me know when DD gets on the positive side of 0 for career net rating and we will talk k. Until then you have nothing to brag about.

You can see what going West has done for your argument of DD as an excellent player - not an all-star and not even a suggestion from anyone anywhere that he was snubbed. I guess maybe without a team to carry him to a great record it somehow changed things maybe, I dont know

FYI the NBA the last 3 or 4 years called, they miss you and want you to come back to the game!

gogo
02-07-2019, 03:51 AM
Memphis was stupid giving Conley that enormous contract. Now they're hamstrung with no room to maneuver. Meanwhile the rest of the west has gotten younger, far more skilled, and stacked with superior GM's and ownership groups: Rockets, GS, Dallas, OKC, Spurs, Clippers etc etc etc

Tg11
02-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Conley to the Jazz or Pistons is definitely looking like a reality or why not trade Conley to the Suns or Magic?

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Thereís never been a point in their careers where the Lowry-Jonas tandem was better than the Conley-Gasol tandem.

....Lowry is a better player than DeRozan. He always has been, if you're looking at full year samples. Everyhting backs that up.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 09:20 AM
....Lowry is a better player than DeRozan. He always has been, if you're looking at full year samples. Everyhting backs that up.

If all youíre looking at is advanced stats then maybe but theres a lot more to it than that which you and Jamie donít understand.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 09:24 AM
If all youíre looking at is advanced stats then maybe but theres a lot more to it than that which you and Jamie donít understand.

The overrating of wannabe Jordan scoring wings who do jack sh** except take shots from their teammates is reaching epidemic proportions.

Please, do explain how everyone is wrong and you are right.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 09:36 AM
The overrating of wannabe Jordan scoring wings who do jack sh** except take shots from their teammates is reaching epidemic proportions.

Please, do explain how everyone is wrong and you are right.

How is everyone wrong? They picked Derozan for 2nd team all nba last year while Lowry didnít make any all nba team. Looks like everyone was right and you and Jamie are wrong.

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 09:50 AM

Kyle Lowry >>> DeMar DeRozan and this is coming from a BIG DeRozan fan.

Itís funny how you criticize other peopleís judgement when you go around thinking teams actually want Dion Waiters.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Kyle Lowry >>> DeMar DeRozan and this is coming from a BIG DeRozan fan.

Itís funny how you criticize other peopleís judgement when you go around thinking teams actually want Dion Waiters.

I never said teams want Dion. Iíve thrown him in packages with guys teams would want or picks as filler.

Donít get me started on you again little guy.

You guys need to take it up with the rest of the world outside of Raptors fans that Stan Lowry for whatever reason and advanced stats guys on how Lowry is better. Honestly one of the weirdest things Iíve seen is how much a fan base stans for a guy who chokes every playoffs.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:09 AM
Funny how the raptors are worse this year by swapping Derozan with a guy whoís actually better than him in Kawhi. Looks like Demar was the one carrying the Raptors and pushing Ben to be better.

warfelg
02-07-2019, 10:19 AM
This is where the NBA kinda sucks. Memphis has to pay these guys because they were good, but they werenít good enough to compete. If they let these two walk, they would be bad for 3-4 years.

And now they will be getting pennies on the dollar because they had to wait.

JAZZNC
02-07-2019, 10:28 AM
This is where the NBA kinda sucks. Memphis has to pay these guys because they were good, but they werenít good enough to compete. If they let these two walk, they would be bad for 3-4 years.

And now they will be getting pennies on the dollar because they had to wait.
The fact that Conley doesn't want to be in Utah may hold the deal up is another reason the NBA sucks ***. People make out like they want to win but when you have a chance to go to a franchise that has done nothing but win for decades you don't wanna go.

We are actually giving up assets for an EXTREMELY overpaid player who's not even an All-Star caliber player (i.e. we want him) and he has no desire to go to Utah to collect his massive paycheck the next 2 yrs. Sad that this is the only way we can get players is to over pay for overpaid players in a trade.

IndyRealist
02-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Funny how the raptors are worse this year by swapping Derozan with a guy whoís actually better than him in Kawhi. Looks like Demar was the one carrying the Raptors and pushing Ben to be better.

"Worse this year" just stop. Their winning percentage is a difference of less than one game.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 10:32 AM
How is everyone wrong? They picked Derozan for 2nd team all nba last year while Lowry didnít make any all nba team. Looks like everyone was right and you and Jamie are wrong.

stop embarrasing yourself. you still think taking and making shots is heavily weighted into how good players are.

with Kyle Lowry on the floor, the Raptors offensive rating is 115, just a shade under the Golden State Warriors who sit on top.

with Kyle off? 103, which would be worst in the entire NBA. it's just funny how literally everything that has happened that has been good for the Raptors over the past 5 seasons happens with him on the floor, and Derozan off. which the Spurs are quickly discovering.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 10:33 AM

he's right Indy. it's all those "little things" Derozan is consistently lauded for.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 10:38 AM

sure, it has nothing to do with the Raptors being amongst the league leaders in man games lost to injury (or Kawhi resting) vs last year when everybody was healthy all year.

1 game from Pascal Siakam
2 game from Danny Green
4 games from Serge Ibaka
6 games from Fred VanVleet
6 games from Delon Wright
11 games from OG Anunoby
14 games from Kawhi Leonard
22 games from Norman Powell
25 games from Jonas Valanciunas

and 12 games from Kyle Lowry (while playing the last month with regular treatment on a bad back)

warfelg
02-07-2019, 10:39 AM
The fact that Conley doesn't want to be in Utah may hold the deal up is another reason the NBA sucks ***. People make out like they want to win but when you have a chance to go to a franchise that has done nothing but win for decades you don't wanna go.

We are actually giving up assets for an EXTREMELY overpaid player who's not even an All-Star caliber player (i.e. we want him) and he has no desire to go to Utah to collect his massive paycheck the next 2 yrs. Sad that this is the only way we can get players is to over pay for overpaid players in a trade.

Yup. And you know what really sucks (and they were just talking about it on NBA Radio) is players are so demanding on it that teams donít have the chance to get quality in return.

Idols was saying if you want to know why thereís poorly run franchises, thereís your indicator. Conley is effectively killing his trade value by saying where he wants to go. Heís under contract. Unless you have a no trade clause you have no say.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 10:40 AM
"Worse this year" just stop. Their winning percentage is a difference of less than one game.

while leading the NBA in games lost to injury.

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 10:40 AM
I never said teams want Dion. Iíve thrown him in packages with guys teams would want or picks as filler.

Donít get me started on you again little guy.

You guys need to take it up with the rest of the world outside of Raptors fans that Stan Lowry for whatever reason and advanced stats guys on how Lowry is better. Honestly one of the weirdest things Iíve seen is how much a fan base stans for a guy who chokes every playoffs.

Thatís my point. He isnít filler. Heís probably the worst deal in the league at the moment based on his production and you still think itís possible to move him.

Also itís DeRozan who remains inconsistent in the post season. Lowry was solid last post season but itís not like you have any reason to watch playoff basketball lol.

I want you to get started. Then you can throw a hissyfit and disappear from the forums for a few months again because you canít yake your own medicine.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:43 AM

But their net rating! Clearly worse and thatís with swapping that damn chucker and Jordan wannabe out with the best 2 way player in the league. Looks like Demar got the most out of these guys. Little guy Lowry hasnít been the same without him either.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:44 AM
sure, it has nothing to do with the Raptors being amongst the league leaders in man games lost to injury (or Kawhi resting) vs last year when everybody was healthy all year.

1 game from Pascal Siakam
2 game from Danny Green
4 games from Serge Ibaka
6 games from Fred VanVleet
6 games from Delon Wright
11 games from OG Anunoby
14 games from Kawhi Leonard
22 games from Norman Powell
25 games from Jonas Valanciunas

and 12 games from Kyle Lowry (while playing the last month with regular treatment on a bad back)

Your posts are always full of excuses lol.

dhopisthename
02-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Makes no sense. Trade him now while teams are desperate.

I'd laugh at Toronto since it doesn't give salary relief or high draft picks. I also don't think Jazz have a really great offer.

But there are other trades to be made.

Pistons smell desperate enough.

its not great, but it is about the 20th pick in the draft next year a 2nd round pick and two good players on expiring s that they maybe could have moved.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 10:48 AM

did you not just say they were worse? lol

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 10:49 AM

why is Wade not the player he used to be?

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Thatís my point. He isnít filler. Heís probably the worst deal in the league at the moment based on his production and you still think itís possible to move him.

Also itís DeRozan who remains inconsistent in the post season. Lowry was solid last post season but itís not like you have any reason to watch playoff basketball lol.

I want you to get started. Then you can throw a hissyfit and disappear from the forums for a few months again because you canít yake your own medicine.

Not even the worst contract on the Heat lol but thats why I was adding picks but I can see you donít understand the business side.

Youíre right, I donít have a reason to watch postseason basketball but my team has 3 championships in the last 12 years while your team has never even made the finals getting drummed by LeBron every year no matter what you all did in the regular season. People were eating that **** up though, ďthis is the year the raptors beat LeBronĒ. That was hilarious.

Lowry finally played decent in the playoffs for once? Good for him. Yea I know Derozan was a choker too.

I never threw a hissyfit and disappeared, this forum has just fallen off and isnít much compared to others. Iím just back for the deadline when thereís actually decent activity.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:53 AM
did you not just say they were worse? lol

Yes and you are, donít need the excuses.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 10:55 AM
why is Wade not the player he used to be?

Here it is! Was waiting for this, thank you!

dhopisthename
02-07-2019, 10:56 AM

according to many jazz reporters the Jazz don't really care and will still trade for him. the scuttle isn't that he doesn't want to be here, but that he wants to make an all star or something like that.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Here it is! Was waiting for this, thank you!

so you don't care to answer. shocking.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 11:05 AM

No point in answering when we both know the answer. Iím sure even you could get it right!

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Not even the worst contract on the Heat lol but thats why I was adding picks but I can see you donít understand the business side.

Youíre right, I donít have a reason to watch postseason basketball but my team has 3 championships in the last 12 years while your team has never even made the finals getting drummed by LeBron every year no matter what you all did in the regular season. People were eating that **** up though, ďthis is the year the raptors beat LeBronĒ. That was hilarious.

Lowry finally played decent in the playoffs for once? Good for him. Yea I know Derozan was a choker too.

I never threw a hissyfit and disappeared, this forum has just fallen off and isnít much compared to others. Iím just back for the deadline when thereís actually decent activity.

At least youíre consistent when it comes to living in the past. First you think Lowry is still junk in the post season now you talk about rings from many years ago. Itís a good thing neither of those things happen anymore.

Itís also hilarious that you think adding picks would make a team want Waiters. If you offered up a 2019 AND 2020 unprotected 1st then you might get a bite. Otherwise youíre stuck.

Now go and shed some light on how the Heat will land Jimmy lol.

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Leave him alone Jamie. Heíll threaten to have you banned then when that fails heíll run away for a few months. Probably to go work out with some D-League teams.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 11:33 AM
At least youíre consistent when it comes to living in the past. First you think Lowry is still junk in the post season now you talk about rings from many years ago. Itís a good thing neither of those things happen anymore.

Itís also hilarious that you think adding picks would make a team want Waiters. If you offered up a 2019 AND 2020 unprotected 1st then you might get a bite. Otherwise youíre stuck.

Now go and shed some light on how the Heat will land Jimmy lol.

You said I have no reason to watch the playoffs when you literally never have had a reason because your team has never and will continue to never win ****. Lowry had one good playoffs and now heís just broke the narrative surrounding him about being a bad playoff performer? Youíre very smart! Giannis didnít miss a 3 last night, heís now an elite 3 point shooter.

Adding picks it how you unload bad contracts genius.

If Riley and Thibs werenít so stubborn Jimmy would be on the Heat and thatís just the facts little man.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Leave him alone Jamie. Heíll threaten to have you banned then when that fails heíll run away for a few months. Probably to go work out with some D-League teams.

Jamie knows why he asked but Iím not surprised it went over your head lol. Now think about it for awhile and come back when you catch what he was trying to do. Good luck!

Heediot
02-07-2019, 11:34 AM
I'll give Lowry credit for last year somewhat. Outside of performing vs. Cleveland annualy, the Wiz series was basically the only other series the guy has shown up in the playoffs.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 11:38 AM
I'll give Lowry credit for last year somewhat. Outside of performing vs. Cleveland annualy, the Wiz series was basically the only other series the guy has shown up in the playoffs.

Donít give them the truth, they donít like that!

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 11:54 AM
You said I have no reason to watch the playoffs when you literally never have had a reason because your team has never and will continue to never win ****. Lowry had one good playoffs and now heís just broke the narrative surrounding him about being a bad playoff performer? Youíre very smart! Giannis didnít miss a 3 last night, heís now an elite 3 point shooter.

Please re-read your words before posting them.

Iím pretty sure my team has made the playoffs for what, the last 5 or 6 years in a row? I think I have reason to watch playoff basketball. But then again I donít want to talk about the past. Iím going to focus on this year when my team looks better than it ever has before and is once again poised for playoff basketball.

I also love your logic. You went from saying Lowry always chokes, then you acknowledge that he didnít last year but quickly discount it just because. Keep spinning.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Please re-read your words before posting them.

Iím pretty sure my team has made the playoffs for what, the last 5 or 6 years in a row? I think I have reason to watch playoff basketball. But then again I donít want to talk about the past. Iím going to focus on this year when my team looks better than it ever has before and is once again poised for playoff basketball.

I also love your logic. You went from saying Lowry always chokes, then you acknowledge that he didnít last year but quickly discount it just because. Keep spinning.

You said he didnít choke last year earlier and I said ok so one year. Narratives donít change in one year just like they donít in one game (Giannis not missing a 3). Look at you bringing up the last like Toronto has any significance in league history. Your team is worse this year, lucky for you thereís no LeBron and Kawhi may not choke so thereís a chance you can withstand the Lowry choke for a round, maybe 2. I canít wait for the excuses.

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2019, 12:44 PM
You said he didnít choke last year earlier and I said ok so one year. Narratives donít change in one year just like they donít in one game (Giannis not missing a 3).

Do you actually read what you write or are you just so blind with rage? How does that make sense? Lol

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Do you actually read what you write or are you just so blind with rage? How does that make sense? Lol

Youíre claiming Lowry doesnít choke and basing it off the Wizards series.

Iím claiming Giannis is an elite shooter because he didnít miss a 3 last night.

History says both are wrong and we canít make assumptions off one thing.

Chronz
02-07-2019, 01:36 PM

Lowry must want out? Weird.
Nope. He wants to retire there

Chronz
02-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Wait how is Toronto worse? Are we assuming Lowry stays hurt or something? They should trade for Conley and Gasol if they feel uneasy about him going forward.

Tg11
02-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Conley would be a step up from Lowry though

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 02:52 PM
No point in answering when we both know the answer. Iím sure even you could get it right!No, I have no idea. Since aging (excuse, by your logic) is off the table.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 02:54 PM
GAsol about to go to Toronto thatís huge congrats Jamie happy for you!

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 02:55 PM
Wait how is Toronto worse? Are we assuming Lowry stays hurt or something? They should trade for Conley and Gasol if they feel uneasy about him going forward.Exactly. If the Raptors really were the initiators of the offer it's clear they dont expect his health to rebound or the relationship is beyond repair. Neither would surprise me. Either way Masai is not one to trade 2 superior performers for 2 lesser ones.

TakeYourL
02-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Big move from toronto, that's a power move.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Exactly. If the Raptors really were the initiators of the offer it's clear they dont expect his health to rebound or the relationship is beyond repair. Neither would surprise me. Either way Masai is not one to trade 2 superior performers for 2 lesser ones.

He just traded Jonas Delon CJ and a 2nd for Marc so youíre saying Jonas by himself is better than Gasol?

Jamiecballer
02-07-2019, 03:36 PM
He just traded Jonas Delon CJ and a 2nd for Marc so youíre saying Jonas by himself is better than Gasol?At this point in Gasols career its probably very close. He certainly is not the player he was.

WaDe03
02-07-2019, 04:52 PM
At this point in Gasols career its probably very close. He certainly is not the player he was.

God damnit Jamie!!!

Scoots
02-07-2019, 09:01 PM
A motivated Gasol is a great pivot to run the offense through. I really like CJ and Wright, but Gasol is a closer.