PDA

View Full Version : Has the chase for the triple double hurt Westbrooks shooting?

More-Than-Most
01-18-2019, 03:41 AM
He is now shooting 41/24/64 which is insanely horrid while shooting as much as he does. Is he broken? Did the chase for the triple double break him? He was never a great shooter but my god this is bad and watching him tonight he gave no ****s and played the dumbest game i have seen 1 individual play in a very long time... People harp on Ben simmons for his lack of shooting but in my opinion knowing your weakness and being smart but limited is far better than forcing a horrid shooter to shoot just for some space. I was a big fan for westy and his triple double but he has become hard to watch lately.

The lakers tonight didnt even try and guard him... They played feet off of him and let him shoot and he was so off it was insane and never once did he realize how much he was hurting the team and needed to adjust but instead kept shooting.

ewing
01-18-2019, 07:20 AM
No. Missing has and itís not like he needs to take bad shots to get 10 points so I even if he lived for triple doubles like you think it wouldnít effect his shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
01-18-2019, 07:58 AM
No. Missing has and itís not like he needs to take bad shots to get 10 points so I even if he lived for triple doubles like you think it wouldnít effect his shooting

when all he is trying to do is get the triple doubles it 100 percent can effect his shooting because he is more focused on other areas... he is shooting as bad as lonzo ball...... you cant be a star like he is and be shooting as bad as he is... he was never a good shooter but something has had to happen for it to get this bad... I also question his logic and basketball knowledge... He right now is the dumbest basketball player in the NBA... He gives no ****s about taking 30 shots... being a bad shooter is fine for a guy with his overall size/ability unless you are a bad shooter who thinks he can shoot which he clearly is... I am not saying abandon his shot completely but the dude is ****ing stupid right now. I have never seen a team play off a star player and allow said star player to shoot/drive or do whatever he wanted as long as the ball was in his hands because they expected misses like the lakers did tonight... something is wrong and def off because this is comical.

Scoots
01-18-2019, 01:30 PM
Westbrook played one of his smarter games earlier this year, then followed it up with some of his dumbest games. He's never going to learn.

I do think his extreme usage is bringing his shooting down.

ewing
01-18-2019, 02:42 PM
Westbrook played one of his smarter games earlier this year, then followed it up with some of his dumbest games. He's never going to learn.

I do think his extreme usage is bringing his shooting down.

It's who he is. I remember growing up watching John Starks and he would make some bone head plays but he was a total gym rat and really got the game. He just didn't think it live as well as some guys and had a reckless style to boot. Still I'm sure he could break **** down watching it. Russ doesn't have a good floor feel. He could get better but will he ever "learn"? No. PLus he has quite the chip on his shoulder

Hawkeye15
01-18-2019, 03:02 PM
Russ is a relentless player with insane athletic ability. He will do something 2-3 times a game that just make you shake your head, and I would imagine he is very difficult to play with. All of that being said, he is an excellent player, for now. Once his elite burst starts downhill, so does he.

FlashBolt
01-18-2019, 06:36 PM
When Russ has a triple-double, our record is insane. Sadly, that's really just an arbitrary statistic. I'm 100% positive Russ chases triple doubles but I don't think it's as much about getting recognition for it as much as him thinking it's a minimum requirement for him when he's in the game to have an impact. It's annoying to watch, though. The guy chucks up terrible shots and is out of control. I'd like to see him slow the game down and be more strategic in what he does. He missed ten layups and many of those misses were because he just lost control of his footing trying to tazzmanian devil straight to the basket. We also have a wacky bench so he's been way too accustomed at doing it all that it has been a natural instinct right now. PG was the perfect fit but guys like Josh Hart and Danny Green would be a huge boost for us.

Chronz
01-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Literally haven't seen them play but isn't he getting to that age?

FlashBolt
01-18-2019, 09:44 PM

Athletes like Russell don't start declining year-after-year. It's like one day they just wake up and it's not the same. If it's finally declining, it'll be easy to see. And since the guy is more of an athlete than a talented basketball player, it's going to be rough to watch him transition.

Scoots
01-19-2019, 12:09 AM
Athletes like Russell don't start declining year-after-year. It's like one day they just wake up and it's not the same. If it's finally declining, it'll be easy to see. And since the guy is more of an athlete than a talented basketball player, it's going to be rough to watch him transition.

Chances are it's going to show up as more injuries and longer recovery times.

Millsy
01-19-2019, 02:45 AM
Westbrick = chasing those stats.. #statpad

ewing
01-19-2019, 04:28 PM
I hate the fact that he plays hard every night and does more then one thing

Chronz
01-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Getting flashes of Steve Francis and Marbury

ewing
01-19-2019, 05:31 PM

Neither of those guys defended or created pace like Westy. On offense in the half they are similar

Chronz
01-19-2019, 06:52 PM
Rwb is playing differently for sure. Finally getting to see them.

dhopisthename
01-20-2019, 01:46 PM
I think Westbrook is the only guard who can get away with those numbers because he does so much else. He has to start playing better though. The Thunder are about to go from the 2nd easiest schedule in the NBA to one of the hardest.

basch152
01-20-2019, 03:20 PM
I think Westbrook is the only guard who can get away with those numbers because he does so much else. He has to start playing better though. The Thunder are about to go from the 2nd easiest schedule in the NBA to one of the hardest.

he doesn't really do much more. he triple double chases and like harden has one of the highest usage %, in NBA history. having such a high usage and being that inefficient means hes never going to make it past the 2nd round.

or he'll join up with other superstars and his numbers will drop and he'll go back to being half the player because he's not that good unless the offense is running through hin

aman_13
01-20-2019, 03:48 PM
His motor and the pressure he puts on defenses when he's constantly attacking makes up for his shooting. Obviously his shot selection can be better but we have been talking about that his whole career. I've just learned to appreciate him for he is. It's rare to see a player play each game like it's his last.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ewing
01-20-2019, 05:31 PM
he doesn't really do much more. he triple double chases and like harden has one of the highest usage %, in NBA history. having such a high usage and being that inefficient means hes never going to make it past the 2nd round.

or he'll join up with other superstars and his numbers will drop and he'll go back to being half the player because he's not that good unless the offense is running through hin

He averaged 23,10, and 6 when they were a game away from the nba finals.

dhopisthename
01-20-2019, 05:41 PM

he leads the league in assists, is one of if not the best rebounding guards, and his driving opens things for that entire offense. I have been on the westbrook is overrated category, and his stats this year are simply horrendous. Like I said though if I had to pick on guard to shoot that poorly it would be him since at least does a few other things.

LaVar Ball
01-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Westbrick just doesn't understand or play winning basketball. It's just that simple.

LaVar Ball
01-20-2019, 05:59 PM
he leads the league in assists, is one of if not the best rebounding guards, and his driving opens things for that entire offense. I have been on the westbrook is overrated category, and his stats this year are simply horrendous. Like I said though if I had to pick on guard to shoot that poorly it would be him since at least does a few other things.

For what he's getting paid, he better damn sure be able to rebound and pass well.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2019, 10:51 AM

not yet man. His burst is still landslides better than anyone else

Hawkeye15
01-21-2019, 10:52 AM

neither of them, nor Rose, was the athlete Westy is. Seriously, I haven't seen a guy be able to go from 1-100 then back to 1 so fast in my life. But yes, he will decline just as they did when that athletic ability falls into the "human" range.

IKnowHoops
01-21-2019, 10:33 PM
I think itís purely just coming off an injury and being behind the rest of the league with a late start. I think if he doesnít get injured, itís the same Russ for the last 3 years.