PDA

View Full Version : 1/16 NBA GameThread

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 12:19 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/dryid.jpg

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 12:20 PM
everyone had the same picks last night except for buckalis, he forgot to pick or chose not to pick the 76ers/wolves game

Last night:

Saddletramp 5-1
TG11 5-1
Cal827 5-1
KDSpur 5-1
bucketss 5-1

This weeks:
bucketss 9-3
Cal827 9-3
KDSpur 8-4
TG11 7-5
saddletramp 7-5
Buckalis 4-1
Riv 3-3
JazzNC 2-4

^^^

Tg11
01-16-2019, 02:33 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/dryid.jpg

Pistons
Bucks
Celtics
Rockets
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors
Clippers

Cal827
01-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Pistons
Bucks
Raptors
Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Warriors
Jazz

buckalis
01-16-2019, 03:38 PM
Magic, Bucks, Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Blazers, Warriors, Clippers

Lakers + Giants
01-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Pistons
Grizzlies
Celtics
Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Warriors
Clippers

Saddletramp
01-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Pistons
Bucks
Raptors
Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Warriors
Clippahs

Rivera
01-16-2019, 05:30 PM
magic
bucks
Cs
Rockets
Mavs
Trailblazer
golden state
clipps

Scoots
01-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, when buckalis doesn't pick 2 games does he get them accounted as losses on his record?

buckalis
01-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, when buckalis doesn't pick 2 games does he get them accounted as losses on his record?

Nope... others did it before Buckalis...

EDIT: IMO, the rules should change and a missed game should cause a loss from here after...

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 06:57 PM
Nope... others did it before Buckalis...

EDIT: IMO, the rules should change and a missed game should cause a loss from here after...

The cut off time has been 7PM EST to get your picks in.

On the weekends, games sometimes start as early as 1PM. If people miss those, and they get picks in by 7PM, it still counts as that's the universal deadline.

People don't pick on time and then randomly leave off games, so that should not/won't count. So for your picks to count, start picking all games so they can count.

buckalis
01-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Pistons
Grizzlies
Celtics
Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Warriors
Clippers

Grizzlies?

bucketss
01-16-2019, 07:07 PM
magic, grizz,raptors,rockets,spurs,blazers,warriors,clipp ers.

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 07:48 PM
Pistons
Bucks
Celtics
Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Warriors
Jasz

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 09:21 PM
Only a complete moron thinks this Celtics team is better without Kyrie. They can't generate any offense without him. Tatum only scores on tough contested shots.

They need some people that can CREATE offense. Horford used to be that guy to get others involved but he's aging.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Loving what I'm seeing from Hayward. **** everybody (media) that are suggesting Boston should move on from him.

aman_13
01-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Loving what I'm seeing from Hayward. **** everybody (media) that are suggesting Boston should move on from him.+1

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ZH721
01-16-2019, 10:21 PM
Loving what I'm seeing from Hayward. **** everybody (media) that are suggesting Boston should move on from him.

Yup.

Iím not sure heíll ever be as athletic/quick as he used to be, but itís not like his game was built on that anyway. Still a skilled player and improving by the week. Once heís fully healed physically and mentally (next year?) I think he can be ~85% of the player he used to be.

ZH721
01-16-2019, 10:23 PM
Only a complete moron thinks this Celtics team is better without Kyrie. They can't generate any offense without him. Tatum only scores on tough contested shots.

They need some people that can CREATE offense. Horford used to be that guy to get others involved but he's aging.

Yup again. I think last years series against the Cavs and specifically game 7 showed that too.

Horford is definitely aging. His numbers donít really say so but the eye test seems to.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 10:28 PM
Yup.

Iím not sure heíll ever be as athletic/quick as he used to be, but itís not like his game was built on that anyway. Still a skilled player and improving by the week. Once heís fully healed physically and mentally (next year?) I think he can be ~85% of the player he used to be.

His ability to play within the offense as well as score on ISO and from anywhere on the court is just too valuable. The talent is there - C's gotta keep it and find a way to add to it. Roleplayers feed off of it and their jobs are easier the more talent there is on the team.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Lowry get yo *** up off the floor, wtf! Smh.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 10:40 PM
Don't like this Marcus-Morris-Post-Up-Offense.

Also don't like the wild shots Tatum takes. Not that it's bad, but the offense is already clogged down by Kyrie's gunning and Hayward having to get his game going too.

I'm a fan of ISO plays because they transfer VERY well into the playoffs, but I recognize that too many of them is a big detriment and if you got Kyrie you're gonna have quite a bit of them.

C's just gotta put it together. A full year to figure things out is reasonable and anyone expecting them to blow the doors off the league from the start is being silly.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 10:41 PM

+1

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yup.

1 good game clearly shows this lololol

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 10:42 PM
harden going for 40 again lol

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 10:45 PM

He's gonna be straight. Such a horrific injury, I'd be shocked if it didn't take a full year to get his game close to what it was.

He's a smooth player, even that is apparent right now. Can't give up on a talent like that after just 1/2 a year.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 10:46 PM
He's gonna be straight. Such a horrific injury, I'd be shocked if it didn't take a full year to get his game close to what it was.

He's a smooth player, even that is apparent right now. Can't give up on a talent like that after just 1/2 a year.

he was overrated as hell before he signed.. he isnt a bad player but was never going to be worth anywhere near the contract he got and now after the injury my god.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 10:47 PM
and just like that its a 2 point game

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 10:54 PM
he was overrated as hell before he signed.. he isnt a bad player but was never going to be worth anywhere near the contract he got and now after the injury my god.

Never a top 15 player but he has an all-around game. Legit all-star, but nowhere near being a superstar. Still, it's valuable that he can play off-ball, on-ball, make the right pass, smart defense, etc...

Intelligent and talented play matters in the playoffs - stupidity hurts. Contract at this point is irrelevant - C's need to figure out how to get better and it's certainly not by getting rid of Hayward.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Monroe with the stupid pass.

You can see the difference between how the Raps are running their offense right now vs. the C's. Brown + Tatum taking too many contested shots, whereas the Raps are running plays and moving the ball.

buckalis
01-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Pistons
Grizzlies
Celtics
Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Warriors
Clippers

Grizzlies? ...yeah right!:D

ewing
01-16-2019, 11:11 PM

Better then Simmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZH721
01-16-2019, 11:13 PM

No... anyone who has followed Hayward has seen his progress.

Iím guessing youíre completely ignorant in relation to him?

ZH721
01-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Leonard is too good.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 11:14 PM
Kawhi showing why he's the best player in the East.

ZH721
01-16-2019, 11:15 PM

How was he ďoverrated as hellĒ? You seem to talk out of your *** a lot.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Never a top 15 player but he has an all-around game. Legit all-star, but nowhere near being a superstar. Still, it's valuable that he can play off-ball, on-ball, make the right pass, smart defense, etc...

Intelligent and talented play matters in the playoffs - stupidity hurts. Contract at this point is irrelevant - C's need to figure out how to get better and it's certainly not by getting rid of Hayward.

agreed and if this were the NBA 10 years ago he would be perfect for a title team... Now its not the case... He is really going to hurt them going forward with that contract.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Better then Simmons

his best year was never better than any of simmons first 2 years... Ben is a top defender and just all around better but good try trying to troll.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 11:18 PM
No... anyone who has followed Hayward has seen his progress.

Iím guessing youíre completely ignorant in relation to him?

Nope I followed him and stated before he even became a celtic along with flash that a team will regret signing him and utah would be stupid to bring him back on that contract.

ZH721
01-16-2019, 11:19 PM
agreed and if this were the NBA 10 years ago he would be perfect for a title team... Now its not the case... He is really going to hurt them going forward with that contract.

Dude you really donít know what youíre talking about. The way the Celtics contracts lined up they NEEDED to use that max slot, or they wouldnít be able to in the next several years.

Plus Hayward was 100% getting maxed by a team, and at that point was absolutely worth it.

ZH721
01-16-2019, 11:22 PM
his best year was never better than any of simmons first 2 years... Ben is a top defender and just all around better but good try trying to troll.

Uh, his best year was far better than either of Simmons years. Simmons canít shoot lol.

Nope I followed him and stated before he even became a celtic along with flash that a team will regret signing him and utah would be stupid to bring him back on that contract.

You said, ď1 good game clearly shows thisĒ. Weíre talking about THIS YEAR.

More-Than-Most
Kyrie irving just put his dick on the raptors back... wow. That was ****ing curry like lol

Vee-Rex
This a good game, bruh

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Uh, his best year was far better than either of Simmons years. Simmons canít shoot lol.

You said, ď1 good game clearly shows thisĒ. Weíre talking about THIS YEAR.

if all you needed to do was shoot kyle korver would have been a top 5 player... Ben is a better passer/rebounder/defender all while shooting 58 percent from the field... There was no year hayward was better than simmons this year.

ewing
01-16-2019, 11:25 PM

when Hayward is such a liability that he has watch the 4th quarter in playoff games and the Celtics elect to play a Scalabrine type instead you and can talk up your boy. Right now he is light years behind Hayward

More-Than-Most
01-16-2019, 11:27 PM
when Hayward is such a liability that he has watch the 4th quarter in playoff games and the Celtics elect to play a Scalabrine type instead you and can talk up your boy. Right now he is light years behind Hayward

:laugh:

My god the lack of knowledge when it comes to ben simmons is hilarious... I wonder if you will ever be right about a sixer? Wrong about ben forever by the way but my bad i forgot zion would win more games than ben simmons right now when he cant even beat syracuse lol

ewing
01-16-2019, 11:30 PM

My god the lack of knowledge when it comes to ben simmons is hilarious... I wonder if you will ever be right about a sixer? Wrong about ben forever by the way but my bad i forgot zion would win more games than ben simmons right now when he cant even beat syracuse lol

I didnít say anything untrue

ZH721
01-16-2019, 11:32 PM
if all you needed to do was shoot kyle korver would have been a top 5 player... Ben is a better passer/rebounder/defender all while shooting 58 percent from the field... There was no year hayward was better than simmons this year.

Dude Simmons is almost useless in crunch time. He literally canít shoot. Incredibly talented but incredibly flawed. Haywardís best year was light years ahead of a guy who canít shoot.

Then again, you think Robert Covington is a god so why am I even responding to you?

aman_13
01-16-2019, 11:33 PM
Kyle Lowry goes 3 for 10 in this game. Like i said in the other thread, unless he's playing at an elite level, they don't have enough . Kawhi did everything he could to win this game and got no help.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Kyle Lowry goes 3 for 10 in this game. Like i said in the other thread, unless he's playing at an elite level, they don't have enough . Kawhi did everything he could to win this game and got no help.

Raps still were missing some key pieces.

Raps are the best team in the East and are elite. It's just gonna be a helluva fight to make it to the finals.

Lowry should really be a 3rd option IMO.

buckalis
01-16-2019, 11:37 PM
Kawhi showing why he's the best player in the East.

There is treatment provided to those that see fiction in dreams...

aman_13
01-16-2019, 11:39 PM

Raps are the best team in the East and are elite. It's just gonna be a helluva fight to make it to the finals.

And they are still a team setup to rely on him like he's a second option even if they are fully healthy.

aman_13
01-16-2019, 11:40 PM
Against the Wizards, they literally relied on Kawhi to score every basket in the first OT. There is just too much pressure on him.

aman_13
01-16-2019, 11:41 PM
There is treatment provided to those that see fiction in dreams...

He's better than Giannis.

buckalis
01-16-2019, 11:41 PM

There is treatment provided to those that see fiction in dreams... Bucks will play to the NBA finals this season...

buckalis
01-16-2019, 11:43 PM
He's better than Giannis.

...and the moon is brighter than the sun...

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 11:45 PM
Against the Wizards, they literally relied on Kawhi to score every basket in the first OT. There is just too much pressure on him.

And he's capable of it. Problem is his D takes a hit cause he's doing so much offensively. Although he's still better than almost every other in that regard, he can't play at the level he's capable of.

aman_13
01-16-2019, 11:47 PM
And he's capable of it. Problem is his D takes a hit cause he's doing so much offensively. Although he's still better than almost every other in that regard, he can't play at the level he's capable of.

He's special. It's been a treat watching him play this season. It's frustarting because they finally have a superstar and Kyle Lowry looks like he's declining.

Vee-Rex
01-16-2019, 11:47 PM

I think Toronto could win a title if they had one more all-star level piece. It would take some pressure off Kawhi.

And I think Lowry could do the things he's good at without being needed to score.

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 11:49 PM
He's special. It's been a treat watching him play this season. It's frustarting because they finally have a superstar and Kyle Lowry looks like he's declining.

Yea for sure. You think Lowry is over DeMar being traded? People joke and stuff but u think like he's just not feeling this season?

kdspurman
01-16-2019, 11:51 PM
I think Toronto could win a title if they had one more all-star level piece. It would take some pressure off Kawhi.

And I think Lowry could do the things he's good at without being needed to score.

Yea, cause defensively they can hang with anyone. They got great length and guys with great defensive instincts.

But another guy who can break the defense down and let Kawhi camp in the corner at times(a very good 3 point shooter) if for nothing else to take the pressure off like you said. Be interesting to see if they make any moves.

Of course if Lowry can snap out of it, it'll help big time.

aman_13
01-16-2019, 11:54 PM
Yea for sure. You think Lowry is over DeMar being traded? People joke and stuff but u think like he's just not feeling this season?

Yeah i think he's over it. He wants to win a championship and i think he knows this team has a chance to get to the finals. I was never concerned about that. When he plays, he's all in.

WaDe03
01-17-2019, 12:07 AM

I mean to be fair, Duke isnít deep after the starters and they were missing 2 of them. Plus Simmons didnít even make the tournament so there were plenty of teams he couldnít beat.

aman_13
01-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Lowry after the game "we got to get Kawhi some help".

kdspurman
01-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Yeah i think he's over it. He wants to win a championship and i think he knows this team has a chance to get to the finals. I was never concerned about that. When he plays, he's all in.

That's good to hear.. Hopefully he can wake up, still a lot of time left

aman_13
01-17-2019, 01:02 AM
Huge win for the Nets.

Scoots
01-17-2019, 01:19 AM
Pels always play the Warriors hard, they match up well. The Warriors made a game of it for a few minutes then the Pels pulled away again. I doubt the Warriors have the needed closing kick tonight.

aman_13
01-17-2019, 01:27 AM
I guess the biggest story out of tonight is Irving calling LeBron and apologizing for the way he handled himself before he left.

aman_13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V4q0VXwvEk

Lakers + Giants
BREAKING NEWS: Curry can shoot, he's amazing.

aman_13
01-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Nurkic with a triple-double and 5 blocks.

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2019, 01:31 AM
Dropped $ on +160 live bet. Warriiiiooooors :nod:

FlashBolt
01-17-2019, 01:32 AM
Stephen Curry is better than James Harden and I don't care what anyone else says.

aman_13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx8RLWDxm-Y

tredigs
That quarter by Curry and the Dubs was insanity.

basch152
curry is flat out not ****ing human

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2019, 01:33 AM
That quarter by Curry and the Dubs was insanity.

yup

FlashBolt
01-17-2019, 01:33 AM
I guess the biggest story out of tonight is Irving calling LeBron and apologizing for the way he handled himself before he left.

Kyrie got cocky and had a huge ego is what I got from that. Kyrie took the most shots on the team and LeBron had the ultimate faith in the dude to close out games for the team. They were a perfect fit together and if it wasn't for the KD joining GSW ordeal, they would still be title contenders currently.

tredigs
01-17-2019, 01:36 AM
I like that the Warriors only had 3 FTA's in the quarter. Super entertaining to watch a player/team build leads within the flow of the game. Be interesting to see how their energy holds up without Curry here for the first 6 minutes of the 4th.

basch152
01-17-2019, 01:57 AM
I've seen 3 or 4 times this game where Curry drew a double team and made a pass to a wide open player, who drew a defender away from another player and made a pass to that player who got an easy dunk/layup.

people drastically underestimate the effect curry has on an offense.

Saddletramp
01-17-2019, 02:02 AM
Davis is down but it looks like he just got inadvertently kicked in the jumblies. Surprised that kind of stuff doesnít happen more often.

Scoots
01-17-2019, 02:05 AM
Mirotic always seems to kill the Warriors.

Saddletramp
01-17-2019, 02:05 AM
What is Durant arguing about? That was a clear foul.

basch152
01-17-2019, 02:07 AM
Davis is down but it looks like he just got inadvertently kicked in the jumblies. Surprised that kind of stuff doesnít happen more often.

I've seen that exact thing happen countless times in pickup games.

I have no goddamn clue how it doesnt happen more often in the nba and college.

More-Than-Most
01-17-2019, 02:44 AM
randle 23 points on 8 shots with 7 rebounds and 3 assists... the dude is so trash man. lol

Scoots
01-17-2019, 02:51 AM
randle 23 points on 8 shots with 7 rebounds and 3 assists... the dude is so trash man. lol

There's a reason he doesn't get more PT ... D. He's a great scorer, and good enough at other parts of the game ... except D.

More-Than-Most
01-17-2019, 03:06 AM
There's a reason he doesn't get more PT ... D. He's a great scorer, and good enough at other parts of the game ... except D.

but i thought defense doesnt matter per all the trollers about covington?

ewing
01-17-2019, 07:38 AM

I think he was talking about how he handled himself when LeBron first came back. it came off as a passive aggressive shot at Jaylen Brown. I guess he did learn from LeBron

Rivera
01-17-2019, 10:41 AM
L+G 7-1
kdspur 7-1
Cal827 6-2
TG11 5-3
buckalis 5-3
Saddletramp 5-3
bucketss 5-3
Riv 4-4

This weeks:

Cal827 15-5
KDSpur 15-5
bucketss 14-6
TG11 12-8
saddletramp 12-8
Buckalis 9-4
Riv 7-7
JazzNC 2-4
L+G 7-1

As always, please double check your score

Rivera
01-17-2019, 10:43 AM
but i thought defense doesnt matter per all the trollers about covington?

nah no one said that

we just laugh at you calling him a top 25 player in the NBA :laugh:

Vee-Rex
01-17-2019, 10:46 AM
L+G 7-1
kdspur 7-1
Cal827 6-2
TG11 5-3
buckalis 5-3
Saddletramp 5-3
bucketss 5-3
Riv 4-4

This weeks:

Cal827 15-5
KDSpur 15-5
bucketss 14-6
TG11 12-8
saddletramp 12-8
Buckalis 9-4
Riv 7-7
JazzNC 2-4
L+G 7-1

As always, please double check your score

Nice to see my boy Cal droppin' the superior basketball knowledge on you dudes.

Rivera
01-17-2019, 10:49 AM

i loved it, hes slowly getting his groove back. could be a big asset come playoff time if he continues to get healthy and get better

bro its the twitter culture. the instant. im guilty of this too (de'aron fox i totally wrote off after last year as a bust) that we need immediate results, we dont allow players to grow or get better from injury

overrated how? no one had him as a top 15-20 player. hes got all the tools you want in a player. he isnt great at anything, but hes really good at a lot of things. Cs had to overpay to get Hayward, thats free agency for you.

you do realize the Cs dont really care about the moving forward part right now. they will figure that out as time goes on. the Cs are trying to win now with that current roster. hes perfect for a title team as he gets back into form.

to be honest, if Gordon can transform his game a little more, and become more of a passer/playmaker for the Cs that would be the teams biggest asset and blessing

Tg11
01-17-2019, 11:05 AM
For Thursday games

Wizards
Sixers
Kings
Raptors
Nuggets
Thunder

JAZZNC
01-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Mitchell and Rudy killing again last night. Gobert with 20+rebs in 2 straight games, hes been playing put of his mind and our defense has suddenly shot up to tops in the league since the middle of last month. Mitchell finally figured out how to shoot again and is getting the the line some. Not having to play Rubio/Exum really has seemed to help now you dont have guys on the court that you literally dont have to guard.