PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks before Feb. the 7th... buyers and sellers.

buckalis
01-15-2019, 03:54 PM
East:
I expect the Raptors and Bucks to be working on a "big" trade in the East, so that they can increase their chances to win the conference and play to the finals...

Pacers and Celtics could be both "buyers and sellers" at the same time... They both would require to move regular roster players if they are to make a major addition.

The Sixers are thin on assets, I therefore expect them to try and increase their roster depth with minor trades and (like the previous season) with some contract buy outs of players that will be available via free agency...

West:

I (and everybody else) would expect the Lakers to be buyers in a "big" trade...

Anything the Warriors may do, will be minor moves that targets to improve their 2nd unit...
It is also very difficult (but not impossible) for the Rockets to be involved in a "big" deal...
The Clippers won't trade any of their assets, but they should move Milos Teodosic for a more useful for them player... They could perhaps look for a "big"...

The rest of the West teams can be either in the "Buyers and sellers" category, or look to improve via minor trades, or by adding free agents out of contract buy outs...

Sellers: Those are widely known... All Wizzards, CAVs & Hawks have valuable veterans to trade so that they can either accelerate rebuild, or create the cap space required and "hit hard" in the upcoming free agency... A few more teams look to move one or two of their veterans so that they can create cap space...

The bigger names that have come up in rumors are undeniably Antony Davis followed by Bradley Beal... Big names are expected to resist deals that would cause them to end up in teams that are not contenders...

WaDe03
01-15-2019, 04:33 PM
I think Miami could be both. I think they could try to make a run at Beal or whatever other all star becomes available or they could also try to move guys like Ellington, McGruder, etc to contenders for picks.

Scoots
01-15-2019, 04:46 PM
The Warriors will be watching everything that happens, but really just looking for a big to fill in for the loss of Damian Jones, and other than that only a special veteran wing that comes available. Robin Lopez, Trevor Ariza, Kyle O'Quinn, DeMarre Carroll, etc.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Tight race for 8th seed in the west. So only seller in the west as of right now is the Suns. But they peddled off Chandler,Ariza already. East has Cavs,Knicks,Bulls,Hawks for sure as sellers. 8th seed has some wiggle room. Wizards started winning lately so they could stand pat if no godfather offers appear for either Beal or Porter. We already heard Bulls and Knicks may swap Parker/Kanter. I think Hornets are buyers to keep soon to be UFA Kemba happy. If they land Beal he'll be happy camper. Magic,Pistons,Wizards could go either way depending if they win or lose within next few weeks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-15-2019, 05:09 PM
The Warriors will be watching everything that happens, but really just looking for a big to fill in for the loss of Damian Jones, and other than that only a special veteran wing that comes available. Robin Lopez, Trevor Ariza, Kyle O'Quinn, DeMarre Carroll, etc.

IndyRealist
01-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Pacers trading Tyreke Evan's expiring $12M for Courtney Lee 2yr $25M I think works for everyone involved.

LeonFSU
01-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Pacers trading Tyreke Evan's expiring $12M for Courtney Lee 2yr $25M I think works for everyone involved.

Wow, I haven't seen Evans play much this year, but if you think that works for the Pacers that tells me all I need to know.

ManningToTyree
01-15-2019, 05:52 PM

Iíll drive Lee to the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
01-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Wow, I haven't seen Evans play much this year, but if you think that works for the Pacers that tells me all I need to know.

It's been really bad. Like, I'm not sure I've seen ANYONE drop off from switching teams as badly as Evans. Pacers need a warm body at 2/3. And anyone who went to school in Indiana automatically gets a pass from fans there. The extra year of Lee doesn't mean anything to the Pacers, since the big contract year for Sabonis is the year after.

Scoots
01-15-2019, 10:46 PM

Yeah. It's them looking to get something in return. I doubt they keep him though.

HeartOfStarks
01-16-2019, 12:17 AM

Would do this in a heartbeat.

Lee can still play, heíll give you good minutes.

Yanks All Day
01-16-2019, 12:41 AM
Two teams that need to be buyers to make any kind of noise in April: the Lakers and 76ers. One trade I would consider that works for both sides is the Lakers offering Josh Hart and a 2nd rounder to Philadelphia for JJ Redick. The 76ers obviously lose shooting this year, but gain a player that could be under contract for the next 4 years at a reasonable price, and the Lakers obviously get the perimeter shooting they really need. Philly is going to have to give out some pretty big contracts coming up, so it makes financial sense. I'd imagine JJ would thrive getting wide open passes from LeBron, Lonzo, and Rondo.

buckalis
01-16-2019, 07:18 PM
I believe that Antony Davis will be traded by the trade deadline... But... I also think it won't be to the Lakers and the trade will require moving Solomon Hill's contract as well from the Pels... Most probably a 3rd team is required as to "eat" Hill's contract...

warfelg
01-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Two teams that need to be buyers to make any kind of noise in April: the Lakers and 76ers. One trade I would consider that works for both sides is the Lakers offering Josh Hart and a 2nd rounder to Philadelphia for JJ Redick. The 76ers obviously lose shooting this year, but gain a player that could be under contract for the next 4 years at a reasonable price, and the Lakers obviously get the perimeter shooting they really need. Philly is going to have to give out some pretty big contracts coming up, so it makes financial sense. I'd imagine JJ would thrive getting wide open passes from LeBron, Lonzo, and Rondo.

Why would we do that if we are losing the biggest asset to our starting unit in a guy that spreads the floor?

TheDish87
01-17-2019, 10:35 AM

lololol no way in hell we would do that. Reddick is too valuable to our team. I dont care about age either.

Vee-Rex
01-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Will trade Tristan, Love, Gay, Clarkson for some Doritos - cool ranch preferred but willing to negotiate on other flavors.

Vee-Rex
01-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Also will trade Matthew Dellavedova for superstar potential players + multiple top 10 projected and unprotected 1st round picks.

Tg11
01-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Lakers will be big buyers that's for sure

warfelg
01-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Will trade Tristan, Love, Gay, Clarkson for some Doritos - cool ranch preferred but willing to negotiate on other flavors.

What about the roulette style for Love?

Tg11
01-17-2019, 11:26 AM
Kevin Love to the Blazers, Hornets, Nuggets or Rockets

IndyRealist
01-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Now I want Doritos.

warfelg
01-17-2019, 11:57 AM
Throwing an interesting idea for a swap out there:

Whiteside for Love.

Tg11
01-17-2019, 12:16 PM

Whiteside for Love.

I would do that

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-17-2019, 12:31 PM

Whiteside for Love.

Heat willing to eat that much salary?

Hassan Whiteside $25,434,263 $27,093,018

Kevin Love $24,119,025 $28,942,830 $31,258,256 $31,258,256 $28,942,830

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2019, 01:45 AM
Will trade Tristan, Love, Gay is a Spur lulz, Clarkson for some Doritos - cool ranch preferred but willing to negotiate on other flavors.Honestly, the Rockets could use all those guys.

Love > Ryan Anderson
Thompson > Chriss > Nene
Clarkson = Rivers

I would like to see the Cavaliers be active at the deadline, see what Altman can churn up from the collateral damage the last regime (Thompson, JR Smith, etc) left him with. Then again, he also traded Irving, re-signed Love and made the trade for Clarkson, Hill, Hood & Nance, so he's not doing himself any favors.

I'm not sure the previous mix of players wouldn't have had similar playoff success to the new crew. At least they would've had more experience (Shumpert, Wade, Rose, etc). Stars just didn't align, so to speak. Look at Rose now.

I still don't know why they extended Nance. Sexton seems okay, but they got a lot of purging to do still.

FlashBolt
01-18-2019, 03:03 AM

Whiteside for Love.

Terrible move for Miami. Love is a shell of his old self and is constantly injured. Cavs should try to get Wall up in there. Wizards looking to move him as well.

Saddletramp
01-18-2019, 03:42 AM
Honestly, the Rockets could use all those guys.

Love > Ryan Anderson
Thompson > Chriss > Nene
Clarkson = Rivers

I would like to see the Cavaliers be active at the deadline, see what Altman can churn up from the collateral damage the last regime (Thompson, JR Smith, etc) left him with. Then again, he also traded Irving, re-signed Love and made the trade for Clarkson, Hill, Hood & Nance, so he's not doing himself any favors.

I'm not sure the previous mix of players wouldn't have had similar playoff success to the new crew. At least they would've had more experience (Shumpert, Wade, Rose, etc). Stars just didn't align, so to speak. Look at Rose now.

I still don't know why they extended Nance. Sexton seems okay, but they got a lot of purging to do still.

Ryan Anderson is no longer a Rocket and Kevin Love on the Rockets wouldíve been great......5 years ago. And definitely not at that price, good god.

Vee-Rex
01-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Honestly, the Rockets could use all those guys.

Love > Ryan Anderson
Thompson > Chriss > Nene
Clarkson = Rivers

Lol @ my thought process. I was thinking... when did he become a Spur? Then realized I said Gay and not Hood. :laugh2:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-18-2019, 10:16 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-18-2019, 10:31 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-18-2019, 11:06 AM
ESPN Brian Windhorst mentions Kings would love Harrison Barnes.

Scoots
01-18-2019, 01:28 PM

Half are going to make a LOT less on their next contract, half a lot more.

buckalis
01-18-2019, 01:53 PM
I believe (expiring) Nikola Vucevic will be in the trade market if the Magic will loose one more game with respect to the Hornets... Nikola, although expiring, should interest many teams that are willing to increase their contending power for this season's playoffs...

Sanjay
01-21-2019, 07:24 PM
I believe (expiring) Nikola Vucevic will be in the trade market if the Magic will loose one more game with respect to the Hornets... Nikola, although expiring, should interest many teams that are willing to increase their contending power for this season's playoffs...

The Magic would only be 3.5 games back. I would not chuck it in that easily.

TakeYourL
01-21-2019, 07:55 PM

We can thank thr NBA's insanely strict salary cap system for this, no one is willing to trade for any long term players to get better anymore.

But at least the NBA gets to pretend that this all somehow helps small market teams!

Bring back the old cap system wherr anyone could be traded because no one was worried about thier stupid cap.

Scoots
01-21-2019, 11:19 PM
We can thank thr NBA's insanely strict salary cap system for this, no one is willing to trade for any long term players to get better anymore.

But at least the NBA gets to pretend that this all somehow helps small market teams!

Bring back the old cap system wherr anyone could be traded because no one was worried about thier stupid cap.

I don't recall any such time ever existing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-22-2019, 09:34 AM
I don't recall any such time ever existing.

Not sure they talking about before the Bird rule?

Oefarmy2005
01-23-2019, 06:49 PM

It's funny, that you will use any thread that exists to post this exact point. You are so in love with that take. To be more concise, you are so in love with yourself for that take.

buckalis
01-23-2019, 07:15 PM
The Magic would only be 3.5 games back. I would not chuck it in that easily.

Surely, the Magic won't trade Vooch if they are still on a payoff run till Feb the 7th... but... will they be?

Given their schedule, I very much doubt it... They play against the Icebergs of the Atlantic ocean, the storms of the Pacific, the Lions of Africa and the snakes & Tigers of India for their remaining schedule...

Saddletramp
01-23-2019, 07:36 PM
Surely, the Magic won't trade Vooch if they are still on a payoff run till Feb the 7th... but... will they be?

Given their schedule, I very much doubt it... They play against the Icebergs of the Atlantic ocean, the storms of the Pacific, the Lions of Africa and the snakes & Tigers of India for their remaining schedule...

I think teams look at it wrong. If he might bolt, you gotta trade him. The Magic arenít winning a title this year and a pick might turn into a stud. Unless that player is the difference between a Finals appearance or not, use him as an asset. And in saying that, if Iím the Raptors and I know Kawhi is gone, i gotta look at the haul that teams will present.

buckalis
01-23-2019, 07:51 PM
I think teams look at it wrong. If he might bolt, you gotta trade him. The Magic arenít winning a title this year and a pick might turn into a stud. Unless that player is the difference between a Finals appearance or not, use him as an asset. And in saying that, if Iím the Raptors and I know Kawhi is gone, i gotta look at the haul that teams will present.

There is zero relevance between Magic + Vooch (Vucevic) and Raptors + Kwahi...

I mean the Raptors don't stand a chance to make it to the finals against the Bucks or the Celtics without Kwahi, while the MAVs, even if they make the playoffs -which is highly not likely to be the case- they don't stand a chance on surviving the 1st round of the playoffs, even with Vooch on the team...

But knowing Hammond, I would say he won't let Vooch go unless he is sure he doesn't make the 8th seed...

Saddletramp
01-23-2019, 09:02 PM
There is zero relevance between Magic + Vooch (Vucevic) and Raptors + Kwahi...

I mean the Raptors don't stand a chance to make it to the finals against the Bucks or the Celtics without Kwahi, while the MAVs, even if they make the playoffs -which is highly not likely to be the case- they don't stand a chance on surviving the 1st round of the playoffs, even with Vooch on the team...

But knowing Hammond, I would say he won't let Vooch go unless he is sure he doesn't make the 8th seed...

Not saying itís the same. In fact, I look at it differently and said so. If Vucevic is noncommittal by the deadline, Iíd flip him. Heís it essential and has been there long enough to know that. Even if it means an 8th seed, heíd be better used to grab a younginí or a pick (and if he canít attract ****, then roll with him).

As far as the Raptors/Kawhi go, if heís noncommittal and all talk is pointed to him going to LA, Iíd listen to offers and pull the trigger if itís something substantial. The Raptors are going to have to rebuild if Kawhi leaves and even if he doesnít, how much longer do Lowry/Ibaka/Val have? It is a rock and a hard place, though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Hawks got Prince, Bazemore, Dedmon on the trade block according to Shams. Besides Grizzlies got Gasol and Conley on the block. Kanter wants out since he got his first DNP CD. Bulls and Knicks were close to a Kanter/Parker trade. But they need a third team. Bulls dont want Kanter. Mavs almost were the third team but fell apart. Lakers still eyeing up Melo. But they need to clear a roster spot first. Pelicans,Thunder,Bucks are interested in Cavs Hood.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2019, 03:33 PM

Jazz showing interests in Porter.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2019, 03:44 PM
In that tweet sounds like Thunder wanna use their $11M TPE as well. I would of quoted all the rumors but be a long quote.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2019, 04:17 PM

First Porter, now Conley.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2019, 04:35 PM

Hard to say they land both. That's like $56M for Conley,Porter combo trade. They'd have to trade all of Rubio, Favors, Ingles, Exum, Crowder, Thabo, Udoh. Wizards still gunning for playoffs and they wont trade Beal. But a Porter,Satoransky for Favors and Rubio works. Wizards get some cap space next summer and can still aim for playoffs. Or if they land Conley without trading Exum. I could see the Magic wanting Exum then. Or Rubio if he's not in the trade. But most likely they'd want a rental of Rubio since Wall is out.

Tg11
01-24-2019, 06:37 PM
Pacers should go after Beal, Conley or Gasol

FlashBolt
01-24-2019, 06:41 PM
Pacers should go after Beal, Conley or Gasol

Why Gasol? They just extended Turner and he's got lots of potential.

TakeYourL
01-24-2019, 07:15 PM
It's funny, that you will use any thread that exists to post this exact point. You are so in love with that take. To be more concise, you are so in love with yourself for that take.

When the only players teams are willing to trade for are expiring deals, it just further proves my point about how bad the cap system has hurt the nba.

Under the older Cap systems, teams in contention would trade for anyone they thought could help them.

Not the case anymore under this joke cap system.

Heck, I remember when Gilbert arenas was making crazy $ and was basically washed up, but Orlando traded for him anyway to ring chase, that trade would never happen in today's NBA.

Teams aren't really trying that hard to win anymore.

We haven't even hit all star break and we know exactly what teams will be in the playoffs barring injury.

This league is a joke.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2019, 08:50 AM
Knicks make Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee Available for Trade.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/sports/knicks-trade-tim-hardaway-courtney-lee.html

ManningToTyree
01-25-2019, 08:56 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/sports/knicks-trade-tim-hardaway-courtney-lee.html

Add that to Kanter who is getting more disgruntled by the day. Any takers? Knicks want to bring no future cap back for any trade so they will likely have to attach a young player in any move involving thjr or lee.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2019, 09:02 AM
Add that to Kanter who is getting more disgruntled by the day. Any takers? Knicks want to bring no future cap back for any trade so they will likely have to attach a young player in any move involving thjr or lee.

Knicks had interest in a Kanter Parker swap. But Bulls dont want Kanter. Mavs almost were gonna be a third team. But why would they want Kanter when they got Jordan? I think Mavs were gonna offer up Smith JR and Matthews for Kanter. But deal fell apart. I don't remember the name of the insider that suggested the pieces from the Mavs side. It might of been just speculation for the Mavs pieces since Smith JR is shopped and Matthews a close enough big salary.

Tg11
01-25-2019, 09:36 AM
Pacers should be big spenders now especially with Oladipo going down

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2019, 09:40 AM
Pacers should be big spenders now especially with Oladipo going down

Pacers payroll kinda low. Also if they trade for a expensive player. They almost have to trade like 3 or 4 guys to get it done.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/indiana-pacers-team-salary/

IndyRealist
01-25-2019, 10:50 AM
My take is that the Pacers likely stand pat. Most of what people would want are expirings and young players. The Pacers have a few expiring contracts, except those include 3 starters and 6/7th man Corey Joseph. They just have a bunch of relatively reasonable contracts, so nothing can be traded for a big, 20M+ guy without trading multiple players, which defeats the purpose of getting help.

Our only young players are Domantas Sabonis and Aaron Holiday. Trading Sabonis again defeats the purpose of trading for help, since he's essentially our 2nd or 3rd best player. Aaron Holiday isn't in the rotation, but the organization is REALLY high on him, and he's the most likely candidate to get minutes now, bumping Corey Joseph to backup SG.

The most likely trade candidate was Tyreke Evans, who has been having a horrible year AND is on an expiring contract. Except like 7 games ago he got an injection in his knee and has been playing better since. If the shots mitigate his knee pain, he's a better option than anyone available for his $12M.

The Pacers are not a team that makes rash moves. They're never reactionary, and that's what a lot of the suggestions on the team have been in the last 24 hours. My money is on the Pacers not trading anyone, and possibly bringing in some relatively cheap free agent or G-leaguer. There's just no one they could trade that wouldn't decimate the team.

mgomrjsurf
01-25-2019, 09:17 PM
February 2nd is Trade Deadlne. Magic could use Conley.

Tg11
01-26-2019, 09:41 AM
February 2nd is Trade Deadlne. Magic could use Conley.

Mike Conley I can honestly see him in Phoenix on the Suns

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2019, 10:23 AM
I can see Mavs,Suns,Magic all after a PG. Maybe even Pistons if they trying to get rid of Jackson. Heck maybe even the Pacers.

Tg11
01-26-2019, 10:34 AM
I can see Mavs,Suns,Magic all after a PG. Maybe even Pistons if they trying to get rid of Jackson. Heck maybe even the Pacers.

Conley would be a better fit on the Pistons if anything to pair up with Drummond and Blake or like I said Phoenix to pair up with Booker, Ayton, Warren

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Conley would be a better fit on the Pistons if anything to pair up with Drummond and Blake or like I said Phoenix to pair up with Booker, Ayton, Warren

Probably need a third team cause I doubt Grizzlies want Jackson back. Maybe Magic or Suns would eat Jackson.

mgomrjsurf
01-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Magic have tryed before to get Jackson.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-27-2019, 09:43 AM

Tg11
01-27-2019, 10:03 AM
Thon Maker would be a good fit on the Wizards or on other teams like the Timberwolves, Bulls, Knicks, Blazers, Magic, Hornets or Nets

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-27-2019, 11:22 AM

$8.6m dpe.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2019, 12:49 PM

mgomrjsurf
02-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Their should be lots of Rumors and Trades this week.

Scoots
02-03-2019, 01:50 PM
There is a lot of young talent looking for new teams that might be had for cheap trades.

mgomrjsurf
02-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Blazers Buyers.