PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to see an 80-point game this year?

JasonJohnHorn
01-15-2019, 01:52 PM
At the rate that Harden is going, and with so many players letting 3pters fly like its going out of style, it seems like there is a wide-open door for an 80-point game in the near future.

If it does happen, who are the most likely candidates?

Tg11
01-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Harden

Chronz
01-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Yes, even his contemporaries laugh. Its no longer the nba you dolts

ewing
01-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Yes, even his contemporaries laugh. Its no longer the nba you dolts

what about the complex defenses?

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2019, 01:58 AM
I could see Curry or Harden drop 70. 80 might be a stretch. Still not sure how Kobe did it and I watched the whole game, lol. But like you said, Steph's burying 11 threes here, Harden is chasing Wilt in every historical stat thing...

Scoots
01-18-2019, 01:57 PM
I could see Curry or Harden drop 70. 80 might be a stretch. Still not sure how Kobe did it and I watched the whole game, lol. But like you said, Steph's burying 11 threes here, Harden is chasing Wilt in every historical stat thing...

To do it it almost has to be in a game where it's required for one player to score that much. The Warriors don't care enough to win that even if it was only Curry playing and Klay/KD were not available ... they would just sit him and lose the game.

kobe4thewinbang
01-19-2019, 12:06 AM
To do it it almost has to be in a game where it's required for one player to score that much. The Warriors don't care enough to win that even if it was only Curry playing and Klay/KD were not available ... they would just sit him and lose the game.Right, Klay would've done it already but Kerr has pulled him twice in the past I believe. People say Kobe would've scored more if he hadn't sat at first, and his case is still exceptional because they were losing that game badly at first and needed him.

I think we could very well see a more efficient 70 point performance.

All we have is Devin Booker's, and he was a -6 on 21/40 shooting, just 4-11 from long range with 5 turnovers. I could see someone else (Harden, Curry, Durant, Klay) going off and shooting much better, not just "above 50%" which I feel is overstated because half of something is not desirable most of the time. I don't tell my employer "hey, just give me half of my paycheck *after* taxes", lol.

I could definitely see it happening in like a crazy double/triple overtime game. Even still, though several players have already had 40+ scoring games and we don't usually see that so often. Not sure if it's defense or if guys are just feeling more confident with the green light to shoot, working more on shooting in the summer, etc. Anthony Davis, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kyle Kuzma, Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James, Bradley Beal, Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin...they've all had monster games this season. Sorry for those I've forgotten to mention, which just goes to say how prevalent its becoming. New career highs almost every night somewhere, it seems.

More-Than-Most
01-19-2019, 03:06 AM
the only ones capable are harden/curry/klay... You basically need a super hot performance while the other team stays in it.

jaydubb
01-19-2019, 11:00 AM
It'd have to be in a game where they need it imo. The Lakers needed Kobe to score all those points. The suns needed Booker to score all those points (and it still wasn't good enough to win). With the rockets missing players and harden getting like 20-30 free throws consistently in games (because the refs like to lick his nut sack), I could see him get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
01-19-2019, 11:04 AM
To do it it almost has to be in a game where it's required for one player to score that much. The Warriors don't care enough to win that even if it was only Curry playing and Klay/KD were not available ... they would just sit him and lose the game.

I could definitely Curry getting hot and hitting 18/27 threes or something to increase his chance of reaching 80 points, but the problem is that when Curry scores big, the Warriors blow out the opponents. And it has always been that way, even pre-KD/DMC.

Harden can put up 60 and still be needed in the 4th quarter/OT or whatever.

jaydubb
01-19-2019, 11:16 AM
I could definitely Curry getting hot and hitting 18/27 threes or something to increase his chance of reaching 80 points, but the problem is that when Curry scores big, the Warriors blow out the opponents. And it has always been that way, even pre-KD/DMC.

Harden can put up 60 and still be needed in the 4th quarter/OT or whatever.

I can't see anybody on the warriors do it unless they have injuries.. That starting lineup is literally an all star team, I can't see the other 4 standing around while Klay or KD or Steph eat.

Are they capable? Perhaps, can I see them do it while the other 4 are on the court? No. It'd be a blow out because there's so many scorers on the warriors. Steph could maybe have 55-60 at the end of the 3rd but the warriors would have 110, and probably be up by like 30.

Kobe once out scored the entire Mavs team by himself after 3 quarters 62-61, that was his best chance to ever pass 100 points but he didn't want to go back in the game in the 4th and try for 100 because the Lakers didn't need him to as they were up by like 25 at that point. If the same happened to someone on the warriors, Kerr would sit them to keep them from getting injured. (The 81 point game against the raps came like 2 or 3 weeks later)

Chronz
01-19-2019, 01:40 PM
what about the complex defenses?

You'll see more of what the nba used to be in the loffs but it just kept getting softer . If this were even 5 years ago before all these stretch bigs, it'd be more complex

ewing
01-19-2019, 04:20 PM
You'll see more of what the nba used to be in the loffs but it just kept getting softer . If this were even 5 years ago before all these stretch bigs, it'd be more complex

It was chess it 2013. Its connect four now

Chronz
01-19-2019, 06:43 PM
It was chess it 2013. Its connect four now

Nah it was chess 2002 or so till before the handcheck augment. It was checkers around 2011, became connect four, NOW its tic tac toes

ewing
01-19-2019, 08:48 PM
Nah it was chess 2002 or so till before the handcheck augment. It was checkers around 2011, became connect four, NOW its tic tac toes

In 2011 there was a “wall” that made defense better then ever. Maybe it was Chinese checkers?