PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's supporting cast this year vs past years

Giannis94
01-14-2019, 09:51 AM
I've watched a handful of Lakers games this year. And man, this looks like his worst supporting cast yet. So I apologize to Zdas, Wally Z, and Larry Hughes. Y'all didn't deserve the **** you got back in the day

So let me ask you, non-bias Lakers fans, how good or bad is the current LeBron's supporting cast

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-14-2019, 10:26 AM

Scoots
01-14-2019, 10:37 AM

lol.

I feel for LeBron though ... play the best game of your career and have it taken from you by a teammate.

Hawkeye15
01-14-2019, 10:41 AM
I disagree. At least this cast has relative upside. His cast in a handful of years his first round of Cleveland days was horrific. But 34 year old LeBron isn't able to win 60 games by himself like he did back then either.

And my god, do people really think LeBron signed with LAL for a title? His legacy is set. He has it all. He simply moved to the city that his home is in, his kids go to school in, and supports his business ventures. His goals as a player are obviously far different now than 6-8 years ago.

All that being said, yes, this cast is bad. And the Lakers don't stand any chance of winning a title with it. But they have the money to get someone else this summer, so we will see what happens.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-14-2019, 11:28 AM
we will see at the end of the season

but now the answer is obviously no

Tg11
01-14-2019, 11:58 AM
I say his supporting isn't all that great but at the same time LeBron has managed to make the Lakers relevant again; with him they were actually winning games because LeBron just took over

Hawkeye15
01-14-2019, 11:59 AM
we will see at the end of the season

but now the answer is obviously no

yeah honestly the Lakers weren't planning on contending this year, it was all about getting LeBron, seeing what they have, and trying to rope in another guy this next summer. So we will see I guess

ewing
01-14-2019, 12:00 PM
Every year LeBron has his worst supporting cast yet. Don't you know this?

JAZZNC
01-14-2019, 12:38 PM
It's pretty bad but I think the worst part is how poorly constructed the team is to fit with LeBron when he's playing. Magic did a terrible job of putting these guys together. He got fleeced with Lonzo and Ingram isn't anything special. But you got Bron so there's a chance. But it ain't a good look when your #2 pick is shooting 40% at the line and airballing alleyoops.

FlashBolt
01-14-2019, 07:52 PM
LeBron fixes 75% of the team's problem. I have said all year, Ingram has been terrible for the Lakers and Kuzma, while he's a steal from the draft, is a volume scorer who tries too hard on offense. Hart has been crappy as hell lately. I don't think Magic did a poor job at all. This team would be a 3rd or 4th seed if LeBron were healthy right now but clearly that period of absence has exposed the Lakers further. Lakers can't shoot nor hit FT's. That's their two biggest problems. It's a good thing that the majority of their players are on one year contracts so they can rectify that.

IKnowHoops
01-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Without him they are bad just because they are young, stupid and lack discipline. When heís in there itís easier on him than some of the early Cleveland teams because they have talent. Some of those Cleveland teams had zero talent, just grit.

smith&wesson
01-15-2019, 12:19 AM
I've watched a handful of Lakers games this year. And man, this looks like his worst supporting cast yet. So I apologize to Zdas, Wally Z, and Larry Hughes. Y'all didn't deserve the **** you got back in the day

So let me ask you, non-bias Lakers fans, how good or bad is the current LeBron's supporting cast

Interesting... young LeBron surrounded by vets whoíve all hit their ceiling vs old LeBron leading a bunch of young guys. I can see the argument for both sides.

Right now I would say Ingram and Kuzma are probably already better than anyone he played with in his first few seasons.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2019, 12:31 AM
Interesting... young LeBron surrounded by vets whoíve all hit their ceiling vs old LeBron leading a bunch of young guys. I can see the argument for both sides.

Right now I would say Ingram and Kuzma are probably already better than anyone he played with in his first few seasons.

Right but young Lebron could carry the burden for 82 and more. This version can't.

smith&wesson
01-15-2019, 01:19 AM
Right but young Lebron could carry the burden for 82 and more. This version can't.

yeah, he has a lot of mileage on him. I think heís def a smarter player now and a way better shooter but youíre right hes taken a step back defensively and his mins should be monitored more than ever before. But I guess if they land someone like Davis, LeBron can coast a bit more until the playoffs.

ewing
01-15-2019, 08:14 AM

Big Z made multiple all star games. Plus Larry Hughes was a damn nice player. He was just a guy that needed bounces so his scoring was limited next to LeBron. Still a good all around player. I definitely take big Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
01-15-2019, 11:24 AM
Big Z made multiple all star games. Plus Larry Hughes was a damn nice player. He was just a guy that needed bounces so his scoring was limited next to LeBron. Still a good all around player. I definitely take big Z

Hughes was a shell of himself in Cleveland. Big z was good but I donít think he would even start in todayís nba, and while he made all star aperances he was always more of a complimentary piece where as Ingram and Kuzma have potential to be 2nd or 3rd options and have an entire career ahead to make all star teams so I canít judge based on that. Specially since the all star selections mean very little anyhow.

Heediot
01-15-2019, 11:35 AM
People are expecting too much and I agree with Hawkeye. I said it before the season, this is a feeler year and a year to learn how to win. Once they add more pieces then expectations should ramp up. Any team with Bron is dangerous especially in the playoffs, but the timeline for this year is not what people are thinking.

ewing
01-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Hughes was a shell of himself in Cleveland. Big z was good but I donít think he would even start in todayís nba, and while he made all star aperances he was always more of a complimentary piece where as Ingram and Kuzma have potential to be 2nd or 3rd options and have an entire career ahead to make all star teams so I canít judge based on that. Specially since the all star selections mean very little anyhow.

I'm pretty sure Hughes was an all star the year before he went to Clev. He was in his prime when he got tehre.
As for big Z he didnít play in todayís nba. His impact then was greater then their impact is now. Those two may have potential but imo neither are better then big Z was right now.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2019, 12:02 PM

Big Z made 2 all star games, one of them well before LeBron was in the league. His one appearance with LeBron, he was a 16.8/8 guy who couldn't defend.

I mean, anyone painting his Cleveland rosters prior to him leaving for the Heat as anything but the worst cast of all time for a "contender", has lost their mind. It's seriously the only reason I even became a fan, people were just spewing pure hatred at LeBron for not winning a title, and I looked at those rosters year in and year out, and my god, any 1st ballot HOF'er that could drag that pile of **** to 55-60 wins a year and well into the playoffs should be getting credit, not crushed.

LeBron carried more responsibility for his teams continued success than any star ever. I don't believe that can be argued even remotely. Perhaps later in his career, but his first 10-11 years, it was the LeBron show, and that show won most the time. When they lost, it was because his roster just didn't compare to what he was facing.

I expect a snarky response, but honestly, I can't figure out how anyone can even try and make an argument for his rosters pre-Miami being anything but a complete joke.

ewing
01-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Big Z made 2 all star games, one of them well before LeBron was in the league. His one appearance with LeBron, he was a 16.8/8 guy who couldn't defend.

I mean, anyone painting his Cleveland rosters prior to him leaving for the Heat as anything but the worst cast of all time for a "contender", has lost their mind. It's seriously the only reason I even became a fan, people were just spewing pure hatred at LeBron for not winning a title, and I looked at those rosters year in and year out, and my god, any 1st ballot HOF'er that could drag that pile of **** to 55-60 wins a year and well into the playoffs should be getting credit, not crushed.

LeBron carried more responsibility for his teams continued success than any star ever. I don't believe that can be argued even remotely. Perhaps later in his career, but his first 10-11 years, it was the LeBron show, and that show won most the time. When they lost, it was because his roster just didn't compare to what he was facing.

I expect a snarky response, but honestly, I can't figure out how anyone can even try and make an argument for his rosters pre-Miami being anything but a complete joke.

I think Big Z was better then those guys are right now [emoji1743]*[emoji3603]

dhopisthename
01-15-2019, 12:56 PM
I think if I had to pick a roster to win one game for me today it still probably wouldn't be these lakers. The issue for them really isn't talent but it's more of a development issue. the question is will they be developed enough to ever take Lebron to the next level or if they trade them. it doesn't help that like all them are shooting worse this year.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2019, 01:05 PM
I think Big Z was better then those guys are right now [emoji1743]*[emoji3603]

better than which guys? Sorry

aman_13
01-15-2019, 01:08 PM
lol.

I feel for LeBron though ... play the best game of your career and have it taken from you by a teammate.They didn't lose the game because of that play though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ewing
01-15-2019, 01:25 PM
better than which guys? Sorry

Someone said that no one on those Cavs squads was better then Kuz or Irgram. I said I think Big Z was better then either of those guy at this point.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Someone said that no one on those Cavs squads was better then Kuz or Irgram. I said I think Big Z was better then either of those guy at this point.

oh yes, I agree with that. Larry Hughes was as good as either too, but like you pointed out, he was less effective with LeBron, because everyone who needs the ball to thrive will be lesser with LeBron...

WhiteShadow42
01-15-2019, 03:31 PM
its actually hard to say because the Lakers were a rebuilding team and got a win now piece. The kids have a lot of talent and yet have not developed. Lebron played with a lot of vets and aside from Big Z, maybe they did not have the potential as these kids but were a lot more consistent. Lonzo sometimes looks like a borderline All Star and sometimes you wonder if he really played that day.

As some have said, this year was never about winning. Get a major piece which we did and then see what we have with the young core. In the offseason, either get a superstar, and if not then trade for one with our young core. Just remember that Rondo has been out most of the season and, especially in the playoffs, he becomes a borderline superstar. Just my two cents. I'm trying to be as non biased as I can be as a Lakers fan.

ManningToTyree
01-15-2019, 05:58 PM
He had worse rosters in CLE. This team isnít loaded with talent but still is young and has upside

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Cavs had teen wolf as well. AKA Mo Williams. Also Drew Gooden was okay.

ewing
01-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Cavs had teen wolf as well. AKA Mo Williams. Also Drew Gooden was okay.

I was a BIG Deltone West fan. Excellent two way guy

Chronz
01-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Has chewing said poor lebron yet? Jk, big z was a beast

ewing
01-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Pathetic LeBron