PDA

View Full Version : RJ Barrett

Tg11
01-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Do y'all think RJ Barrett has potential? If he does, do you think RJ has a bigger ceiling than Andrew Wiggins who was supposed to be the greatest Canadian prospect coming out of college to the NBA? Do you think RJ can be as big or bigger a star than Zion or Reddish?

Heediot
01-11-2019, 04:53 PM
I think he has the attitude to get far. Needs to chill on the chucking a bit at times when I watched earlier in the year. Haven't seen much Duke lately. But Wiggins was passive in College and this guy is the opposite. He has more grit in him. Just needs to refine is shot and handles. Plays like Harden but without the refinement, if he puts in the work he could get somewhere, as he is more of a natural athlete vs. Harden. Not afraid to close out games, although that Gonzaga game was not a good example of that lol.

I am hoping best Canadian in the nba by his 3rd year, which is possible, but who knows. Top 2 pick for sure, some teams might even like him more vs. Zion.

Tg11
01-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Plus RJ is ball dominant as well and he does shoot okay yeah it could use some work but RJ is a lefty so his shot would of course look unorthodox but it is pretty effective

Not to mention he has more upside than Wiggins that's for sure

Scoots
01-11-2019, 11:11 PM
It's hard to evaluate RJ this year. He's got some really good skills and measurables, his time with teams will determine how high/low he goes assuming Duke wins the majority of their games by overwhelming opponents with sheer talent.

Tg11
01-14-2019, 09:58 AM
RJ I think will be a star in this league but it more or less depends on what team drafts Barrett. I mean I can definitely see him thriving in a system like the Bulls or even the Hawks.

AntiG
01-14-2019, 05:50 PM
I think RJ definitely has the skills and personality to be a #1 on a team.

TheDish87
01-16-2019, 12:52 PM
Do y'all think RJ Barrett has potential? If he does, do you think RJ has a bigger ceiling than Andrew Wiggins who was supposed to be the greatest Canadian prospect coming out of college to the NBA? Do you think RJ can be as big or bigger a star than Zion or Reddish?

He has been well ahead of Reddish this year. Reddish is the one who has struggled in the big 3 but he got his shine last weekend finally. He'd benefit from staying another year. Barrett is the top pick in this draft and plays nothing like Wiggins.

WaDe03
01-16-2019, 01:30 PM
He has been well ahead of Reddish this year. Reddish is the one who has struggled in the big 3 but he got his shine last weekend finally. He'd benefit from staying another year. Barrett is the top pick in this draft and plays nothing like Wiggins.

Zion has been far and away better than RJ but I was definitely on the RJ train too at the start. Either way hes still 2nd.

Scoots
01-16-2019, 01:54 PM

Reddish is regular mocked in the top 5 if not the top 3 ... I really doubt he stays.

I think 999 out of 1000 college players would benefit from staying another year.

WaDe03
01-16-2019, 01:58 PM
Keep an eye on Ja Morant. Hes jumped 10 spots since the start of the season to 4. Not sure how Nassir Little can be ahead of him but I bet that changes.

TheDish87
01-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Reddish is regular mocked in the top 5 if not the top 3 ... I really doubt he stays.

I think 999 out of 1000 college players would benefit from staying another year.

yea i agree. He was falling in mocks im pretty sure, closer to top 10 then 5 but i think that 2nd half vs Fl St last week helped people realize hes still really good. They got Virginia this weekend who always plays the best defense in the nation, will be a good chance for all 3 to show something bcuz they will have to work for it.

Tg11
01-16-2019, 02:35 PM
RJ Barrett to the Suns, Hawks or Bulls...any of those teams Barrett could thrive on