Spurs
Pelicans
Mavs
Jazz
Blazers
Lakers

More-Than-Most
01-09-2019, 08:45 PM
come on war are you watching this man? I get our bench is trash but do you see this ****ing **** right now... Ben is out and TJ is ball handling with butler and everyone out behind the arc standing around... Embiid is out taking 3s and not inside.... it took 1 game before we went back to the same stupid ****. 1 game where it worked magically... Just look at this game plan my dude holy ****. You cant blame the lack of bench when we have embiid/Butler in there and neither guy is being used at what they are good at.

More-Than-Most
01-09-2019, 08:49 PM
embiid 2 feet inside the arc ball handling with ben in the post... same old same old... down 90... why do we play stupid ****ing basketball is beyond me.

More-Than-Most
01-09-2019, 08:53 PM
slow it down and run the offense... put the guys in positions to utilize their talent to the best of their ability and we can come back. Just stop playing stupid basketball.

More-Than-Most
01-09-2019, 09:43 PM
its amazing to me... -announcer you know they are gonna adjust and come in after last night and you need to adjust to that... HA... but its the benches fault or just a bad game... when we dont knock down shots we stand no chance because we dont run an offense that fits our players to help us get easy buckets... This is a horrid wizards team who is dominating us tonight. There is 0 fire... 0 ball movement and a ton of defensive break downs.

Driven
01-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Harden is still playing unreal on offense. I really don’t get how they keep winning without Gordon and Paul. They’re only up 6 I think at the half, but I was expecting a blowout by Milwaukee. Still early. Harden has 23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zn23
01-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Giannis with play of the year so far

Lakers + Giants
01-10-2019, 01:09 AM
Kuzma lighting Blake Griffin the **** up.

29 points with 8:31 left in the 3rd..... He won't score 40, but he showed Blake wants none of that smoke.

zn23
01-10-2019, 01:18 AM
Kawhi is thriving, Derozan is thriving, Duane Casey is not thriving.

Getting rid of Casey was a very important move that Ujiri made.

Lakers + Giants
01-10-2019, 01:26 AM
Kuz tied his career high, 38 with 2:31 left in the 3rd. Just score 40. Probably won't play much in the 4th.

Lakers + Giants
01-10-2019, 01:29 AM
41 points in 3 quarters. Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzz

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2019, 01:30 AM
Kuz on Kobe mode, 4 point play

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-10-2019, 01:47 AM
Zo playing great defenso on Blake, so sick

Saddletramp
01-10-2019, 06:22 AM
8-2

Tg11
01-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Celtics
Sixers
Nets
Bucks
Spurs
Pelicans
Mavericks
Jazz
Blazers
Lakers

Went 8-2 on my picks last night

corky831
01-10-2019, 07:15 AM
Watch out for them Celtics....

buckalis
01-10-2019, 07:31 AM
The Bucks...

Tg11
01-10-2019, 08:06 AM
Bucks barely beat the Rockets if that but still a win is a win nonetheless and Giannis **** LIKE MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD 27 and 21 I still can't believe it. However, Harden continues to stuff up the stat sheet. 42 points like Harden is in beast mode.

More-Than-Most
01-10-2019, 08:18 AM
Bucks barely beat the Rockets if that but still a win is a win nonetheless and Giannis **** LIKE MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD 27 and 21 I still can't believe it. However, Harden continues to stuff up the stat sheet. 42 points like Harden is in beast mode.

it was a horrid game from harden. 43 is amazing but that shooting pct and like 9 turnovers... wow. He wont be able to do this come the playoffs... capella and cp3 will need to be monsters or they will lose.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Giannis with play of the year so far

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Beyond Harden Rockets don't have much other then Capela. CP3/Gordon are injured. Knight is back but isn't the same player. Also Harden is gift wrapped a ton of free throws. Also pushes off when shooting three's and doesn't get called for it.

Tg11
01-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Beyond Harden Rockets don't have much other then Capela. CP3/Gordon are injured. Knight is back but isn't the same player. Also Harden is gift wrapped a ton of free throws. Also pushes off when shooting three's and doesn't get called for it.

That step back 3 y'all can't stop it...no one in the league can and that is what makes him so unguardable

mightybosstone
01-10-2019, 09:54 AM
it was a horrid game from harden. 43 is amazing but that shooting pct and like 9 turnovers... wow. He wont be able to do this come the playoffs... capella and cp3 will need to be monsters or they will lose.

Huh? Math must not be your strong suit. 13/30 is a pretty competent shooting night at 43.3 percent, and he shot nearly 38 percent from the 3-point line. That's a fairly efficient basketball game for most players, especially when you factor in 10/11 from the free throw line.

Yes, he's turning the ball over a lot, but what do you expect when Paul and Gordon are both out and he's got the ball in his hands 90+ percent of the possessions while he's on the floor and he's playing 41 minutes? Factor in that Capela was hot garbage last night and seemed to have major problems catching passes around the rim he normally catches, and 9 turnovers doesn't surprise me.

Bottom line, last night was hardly the definitive "one MVP candidate dominated another" game people like to see for MVP conversations. It was a tale of two halves. Harden won the first and Giannis and the Bucks won the second. I'd like to see how that matchup plays out when the Rockets are at full health.

buckalis
01-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Huh? Math must not be your strong suit. 13/30 is a pretty competent shooting night at 43.3 percent, and he shot nearly 38 percent from the 3-point line. That's a fairly efficient basketball game for most players, especially when you factor in 10/11 from the free throw line.

Yes, he's turning the ball over a lot, but what do you expect when Paul and Gordon are both out and he's got the ball in his hands 90+ percent of the possessions while he's on the floor and he's playing 41 minutes? Factor in that Capela was hot garbage last night and seemed to have major problems catching passes around the rim he normally catches, and 9 turnovers doesn't surprise me.

Bottom line, last night was hardly the definitive "one MVP candidate dominated another" game people like to see for MVP conversations. It was a tale of two halves. Harden won the first and Giannis and the Bucks won the second. I'd like to see how that matchup plays out when the Rockets are at full health.

yeah... the 9 t/o were because the Bucks played amazing (and well designed by coach Bud) defense on him... I wish Harden would request a trade and pair with Giannis at MIL... The Bucks would then sweep a series against GSW... But even if this can't happen, Beal is 85-90% of Harden and paring Beal with Giannis would be enough for the Bucks to beat GSW...

mightybosstone
01-10-2019, 11:04 AM
yeah... the 9 t/o were because the Bucks played amazing (and well designed by coach Bud) defense on him... I wish Harden would request a trade and pair with Giannis at MIL... The Bucks would then sweep a series against GSW... But even if this can't happen, Beal is 85-90% of Harden and paring Beal with Giannis would be enough for the Bucks to beat GSW...

I think you're overrating Bradley Beal a bit. The gap between Beal and Harden is pretty massive. Also, zero chance the Rockets ever trade James Harden in his prime.

buckalis
01-10-2019, 11:33 AM
I think you're overrating Bradley Beal a bit. The gap between Beal and Harden is pretty massive. Also, zero change the Rockets ever trade James Harden in his prime.

Beal crashed the 76ers yesterday, playing alone against one of the better teams in the East... He is not Harden, but he is better than Butler and certainly >85% of Harden...

Both Harden & Beal play the same role and they are both better if they don't have a "big name" PG (CP3 or Wall) next to them... They both are dreadful behind the arc, assist the ball and playmake better than PGs (partly the reason why they are better off without "big name" PGs next to them) and have the ability to "read the game" extremely well and attack the rim... Their defense is pretty similar too...

Pairing either with Giannis would supplement each other's role in both offense and defense and would end up to the best duo ever in the league's history... T/Os of both Giannis and either Harden or Beal, would be reduced to minimal too...

WaDe03
01-10-2019, 12:00 PM
Beal crashed the 76ers yesterday, playing alone against one of the better teams in the East... He is not Harden, but he is better than Butler and certainly >85% of Harden...

Both Harden & Beal play the same role and they are both better if they don't have a "big name" PG (CP3 or Wall) next to them... They both are dreadful behind the arc, assist the ball and playmake better than PGs (partly the reason why they are better off without "big name" PGs next to them) and have the ability to "read the game" extremely well and attack the rim... Their defense is pretty similar too...

Pairing either with Giannis would supplement each other's role in both offense and defense and would end up to the best duo ever in the league's history... T/Os of both Giannis and either Harden or Beal, would be reduced to minimal too...

He’s not better than Butler lol.

Rivera
01-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Shout out to Ben Simmons! Dude took 2 jump shots last night (one from 16 one from 17 feet)! Progress!

Oh and KD im almost back from vacation, not quite back yet haha

buckalis
01-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Nights Results:

L+G: 7-1
Saddletramp: 6-2
bucketss: 6-2
Tg11: 6-2
ewing: 5-3
Cal827: 5-3
buckalis: 5-3
KDSpurs: 4-4

Results for the Week:

L+G: 14-2
bucketss: 13-3
KDSpurs: 12-4
buckalis: 12-4
ewing: 12-4
Cal827: 12-4
Tg11: 12-4
Saddletramp: 12-4

Buckalis is 6-2 and 13-3 for the week... You develop a habit underrating me...

Celtics, Sixers, Nets, Bucks, Spurs, Pelicans, Mavericks, Jazz, Blazers, Lakers is 6-2...

If I see any more "mistakes" on me, I won't reply back... I'll stop participating!

kdspurman
01-10-2019, 01:08 PM

Celtics, Sixers, Nets, Bucks, Spurs, Pelicans, Mavericks, Jazz, Blazers, Lakers is 6-2...

If I see any more "mistakes" on me, I won't reply back... I'll stop participating!

You do realize that was for the 1/8 thread right? You went 5-3

Pacers, Sixers, Raptors, Heat, Thunder, Kings, Warriors, Clippers

Heat/Thunder/Kings all lost. = 5-3

... I haven't done last nights yet.

And yea, mistakes can happen when doing this every day. Stop taking it personally.

kdspurman
01-10-2019, 01:34 PM
Shout out to Ben Simmons! Dude took 2 jump shots last night (one from 16 one from 17 feet)! Progress!

Oh and KD im almost back from vacation, not quite back yet haha

Sweet, enjoy man. I'm just waiting patiently

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nhjpcg.jpg

mightybosstone
01-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Except he's not. Statistically (especially advanced statistics) suggest Harden is far, far better than Beal. I know I'm just arguing semantics here, but the difference between Harden (an MVP who could go down as one of the 20-30 greatest NBA players of all-time) and Beal (a one-time All-Star whose peak numbers would make him a borderline future Hall of Famer at best) is monumental.

Both Harden & Beal play the same role and they are both better if they don't have a "big name" PG (CP3 or Wall) next to them...
This also isn't accurate. Harden had the best season of his career playing next to Paul, and the Rockets won 65 games last year and came dangerously close to a title. He's been great this season, but statistically he was a little better last year.

They both are dreadful behind the arc, assist the ball and playmake better than PGs (partly the reason why they are better off without "big name" PGs next to them) and have the ability to "read the game" extremely well and attack the rim... Their defense is pretty similar too...
Yes, but Harden's massive advantage here cannot be understated. Offensively, he's a vastly superior player in pretty much every facet of the game.

OK, but isn't that a moot point? There's zero chance of Harden and Giannis playing together on the same NBA team anytime soon. Beal is certainly possible, but for Washington, he's probably the one building block they have to legitimately build around. And I'm not hearing a ton of rumors or reading a lot of articles about them shopping Beal and having conversations with the Bucks. So it seems like you're jumping a gun a ton here.

buckalis
01-10-2019, 02:08 PM
OK, but isn't that a moot point? There's zero chance of Harden and Giannis playing together on the same NBA team anytime soon. Beal is certainly possible, but for Washington, he's probably the one building block they have to legitimately build around. And I'm not hearing a ton of rumors or reading a lot of articles about them shopping Beal and having conversations with the Bucks. So it seems like you're jumping a gun a ton here.

You never hear "rumors" about the Bucks trades... Front office is good to surprise everybody and keep their contacts secret...

mightybosstone
01-10-2019, 02:28 PM
You never hear "rumors" about the Bucks trades... Front office is good to surprise everybody and keep their contacts secret...

OK, but didn't we learn from the Jimmy Butler scenario that just because the Bucks have some tradeable assets and you think a certain player would be a perfect fit next to Giannis, that the likelihood of that trade is still insanely low? I'm just saying, maybe temper your expectations a bit and focus on the talent the team has now, which is damn good. I would have traded Giannis' supporting cast for Harden's supporting cast last night in a heartbeat.

buckalis
01-10-2019, 02:53 PM
OK, but didn't we learn from the Jimmy Butler scenario that just because the Bucks have some tradeable assets and you think a certain player would be a perfect fit next to Giannis, that the likelihood of that trade is still insanely low? I'm just saying, maybe temper your expectations a bit and focus on the talent the team has now, which is damn good. I would have traded Giannis' supporting cast for Harden's supporting cast last night in a heartbeat.

Yeah... the Bucks have the deepest quality roster among all teams in the league... all 15 players and one 2-way could be key rotation pieces on any other team, but still, the Bucks are rich at SG and "bigs", to the extend that they can't rotate them all...

Therefore trading some of these, along with the respective 2nd unit player that is to be replaced by a starter in a trade, would end up strengthening up significantly both the 1st and the 2nd unit... Because then, the starter that is replaced by another starter, would come with the 2nd unit...

Imagine if the Bucks would have Beal starting and then Brogdon (who "killed" the Rockets yesterday) coming from bench?

kdspurman
01-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Just an FYI you were 8-2 last night, not 6-2. There were 10 games on

kdspurman
01-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Last nights results:

buckalis: 8-2
Saddletramp: 8-2
KDSpurs: 8-2
Cal827: 8-2
Tg11: 8-2
L+G: 7-3
bucketss: 7-3

Results for the Week:

L+G: 21-5
bucketss: 20-6
KDSpurs: 20-6
buckalis: 20-6
Cal827: 20-6
Tg11: 20-6
Saddletramp: 20-6
ewing: 12-4

More-Than-Most
01-10-2019, 07:49 PM

13 for 30 is horrid when you are shooting 30 shots for 43 points... that is not efficient at all while adding 9 turnovers.

mightybosstone
01-10-2019, 11:51 PM
13 for 30 is horrid when you are shooting 30 shots for 43 points... that is not efficient at all while adding 9 turnovers.

It's really not. Now, I can't calculate TS% myself as I'm not a statistician, but I can tell you 42 points (which is how many he actually scored) on 30 shots is pretty solid efficiency, if not up to his usual standards statistically. That's exactly 1.4 points scored per FGA.

You're a Philly fan, right? Embiid averages 1.48 points per FGA every game. Anthony Davis averages 1.43 points per FGA, Paul George averages 1.31 points per FGA, Lillard averages 1.36 and Kyrie is at 1.28. So on his supposedly "horrid" shooting night, he scored more points on his 30 shots than some of the best scorers in the league would average on the same number of shots on any given night.

If that's a "horrid" night for Harden, I'll take that I think.

FlashBolt
01-11-2019, 12:16 AM

You have a weird definition of horrid. 13/30 while shooting 6/16 from three would make it 7/14 from 2 pointer. That's not horrid at all. It's above average. 6/16 is a very good clip from three. 38% from three.. Yeah, many teams would take that. Go ask Giannis or Ben Simmons if they would like to shoot 6/16 from three. The 9 turnovers. Lol, buddy, you need to look at who is on the team and the possessions a player dominates rather than just looking at his turnovers like he's on the the US Olympic team. Harden controls the ball more than anyone else in the league right now. Rockets rank 20th in TOPG. He gets his turnovers because he has to control the ball so damn much. Those turnovers likely happen with other players who would have had the possession. You need to start quantifying turnovers based on possessions rather than "oh, he had eight turnovers." If he's controlling the ball 75% of the time, those eight turnovers aren't that bad. If Ben controlled the ball as many possessions as Harden did while having the same amount of attention Harden gets, Ben would be averaging a much higher TOPG and certainly would have a few games where he reaches an insane amount of turnovers.

Just so you know how it works.. 6/16 = 18 points.
18 points via 2 point FG's = 9 FGM. Since each shot, regardless of 2 or 3 is one shot taken, that would mean to equate 6/16, Harden would need to shoot 9/16 from two. That's 56% from two. That's horrid? In what world is that horrid for a guard let alone any NBA player?