PDA

View Full Version : Worst missed call?

Htownballa1622
01-04-2019, 11:19 AM
Last night, the Rockets and Warriors had a crazy back and forth to end overtime. As the game was tied with under a minute to go, snake, I mean KD, was running to save the ball and his size 18 shoes(plural) were out of bounds making the save. Curry ended up hitting a 2 pointer which put the Warriors up 2. This was a horrible missed call that could've cost the game.

My question is, is this the worst missed call you can remember? Can you remember any huge missed calls that could've decided the ending of a game? What should the league do about it? Are we just going to get another sorry 2 minute report oops?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGzUhKleLw

c.c.
01-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Most definitely the worst call Iíve witnessed especially in such a critical moment.

mightybosstone
01-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I can't remember a call in recent memory that was as blatantly missed as that one. When it comes to fouls, those are usually pretty subjective, and they're such bang-bang plays that it's hard to get too upset about any one missed foul call either way. But this one? Totally inexcusable. Durant took probably 3-4 steps completely out of bounds before "saving" the ball, and on the replay, both feet are literally touching the floor a good foot out of bounds as he makes contact with the ball.

The only excuse I can think of is that the refs didn't have a good angle to judge how close he was to being out of bounds. On the replay, the one ref in the shot is closer to the half-court mark than he is the play, even though he's staring directly at Durant. So maybe it was hard to tell from that distance whether he was in bounds or not?

Regardless, the whole officiating crew should be legitimately ashamed of that play. You have an extremely close, nationally televised game between two of the best teams in the league, and you blew a call that everyone on the planet could see that could have very easily benefited one team and given them the win. Whether it's a two-minute report or just a public statement, I think the NBA has to address this publicly at some point today.

Cal827
01-04-2019, 11:43 AM
The Giannis missed call was pretty bad too. Though this one was a lot more obvious as Durant was out of bounds from basically the hoop to the bench, the Thunder ended up losing on that basket. I also know a couple years ago, Carmelo stepped out of bounds against the Raptors and was out for a decent duration, but the Refs didn't call it. But if I recall correctly, the Raptors were trying to force a turnover (the Knicks were up late, and the Raptors were trying to get the ball back without free throws).

At least the Rockets were able to win the game thanks to Harden.

Don't get me wrong, this was probably the worst call (if we take don't look at the impact on the results) that I've ever seen too. How the hell did you miss it? Durant's a lanky 7 footer with nobody around him, you can easily see where his feet were. I don't know how that play didn't warrant a replay

Hawkeye15
01-04-2019, 11:46 AM
I came in with guns drawn ready to blast you babies, then watched the clip.

Uh, how on earth was that missed? I have literally NEVER seen a blatant miss like that. Durant tap danced along the baseline more than a foot out of bounds before he touched it haha

ewing
01-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Pretty bad. Didn't watch the game. I guess the ref thought he was in the air when he touched the ball. why wasn't it over turned?

mightybosstone
01-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Pretty bad. Didn't watch the game. I guess the ref thought he was in the air when he touched the ball. why wasn't it over turned?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's not a reviewable play? I've seen out of bounds calls reviewed and reversed in the past, but they were almost always on dead balls. Maybe since there was no call on the floor and the play continued, they couldn't review the play?

ewing
01-04-2019, 11:54 AM
The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's not a reviewable play? I've seen out of bounds calls reviewed and reversed in the past, but they were almost always on dead balls. Maybe since there was no call on the floor and the play continued, they couldn't review the play?

That makes sense

archdevil84
01-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Hahaha, jesus how do you not call that. I feel llke late in hectic game moments the refs just freeze in panic or something. So often in late game situations they dont blow whistles for obvious violations even when they happen in front of them. Are they too scared to make game deciding calls at that point? Theres literally NO way you missed the fact that durant was basically in the stands here, i mean come on

R. Johnson#3
01-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Kobeís elbow that rearranged Bibbyís jaw still beats this. This is really really bad though.

IndyRealist
01-04-2019, 12:56 PM
Manny Manhattan Music 10 hours ago (edited)
Refs callin games like they in bird box

Vote for best youtube comment.

IndyRealist
01-04-2019, 12:58 PM
However,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbL5U3MUzWA

GoferKing_
01-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Wtf refs?Wtf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAGZPmQGLb8

aman_13
01-04-2019, 03:03 PM
He might as well have taken a seat.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

KB24PG16
01-04-2019, 07:51 PM
that call was pretty bad the ref was looking directly at him, embarrassing

Vee-Rex
01-04-2019, 08:35 PM
It's all a giant blur now, but imagine if your favorite team was locked up with the Warriors in 4 straight finals.

The amount of missed/BS calls in favor of the golden girls was mind-boggling.

Driven
01-04-2019, 08:45 PM
I came in with guns drawn ready to blast you babies, then watched the clip.

Uh, how on earth was that missed? I have literally NEVER seen a blatant miss like that. Durant tap danced along the baseline more than a foot out of bounds before he touched it haha

Itís tough to argue with someone who complains about that call because itís cut and dry. Itís not like any judgment had to be used. Plus KD was so far out of bounds it was laughable. He ran up the baseline lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
01-04-2019, 09:40 PM
The KD one was def a bad call.

tredigs
01-04-2019, 09:40 PM
That was hilariously bad. The TNT shot (live) that did not show his feet I was still wondering how he was not way out by the angle. Ultimately it's a meaningless reg season game and a non reviewable call that ended up not mattering, but it was the worst I've ever seen.

Driven
01-04-2019, 10:32 PM
That was hilariously bad. The TNT shot (live) that did not show his feet I was still wondering how he was not way out by the angle. Ultimately it's a meaningless reg season game and a non reviewable call that ended up not mattering, but it was the worst I've ever seen.

They got lucky it wasnít on the live feed. When it happened I didnít think anything of it, just assumed he saved it

jaydubb
01-04-2019, 10:40 PM

Did the ref think he was floating on the sideline?

R. Johnson#3
01-05-2019, 12:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPl_vgWbjSM

The fact that he ends up shooting free throws is the icing on the cake.

TrueFan420
01-05-2019, 01:26 AM
Did the ref think he was floating on the sideline?

My guess was the refs eyes were elsewhere. He was in position but he had to have tracing the ball or something. Cause it was a bad miss but itís not new sadly. Reffing in the NBA has been a problem for a very long time.

likemystylez
01-07-2019, 12:20 AM

I think a call can be reviewed to determine who the ball was off if it went out of bounds when it happens in the last 2 minutes. However, On this play.... No call was made. The ball continued to be live. Im not sure when a review would have happened if a call was completely missed. The refs missed a call in the 2013 Playoff series between the warriors and nuggets where bogut had one foot like 18 inches out of bounds during a rebound struggle in the last 90 seconds of the game, but that wasnt as easy to see as Durants thing a few nights ago.

Firefistus
01-07-2019, 02:34 PM
My guess was the refs eyes were elsewhere. He was in position but he had to have tracing the ball or something. Cause it was a bad miss but itís not new sadly. Reffing in the NBA has been a problem for a very long time.

He was looking right at him. I don't know how you trace your eyes somewhere else. I think KD walked all the way to Texas to save that ball.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Lol that has to be the worst missed call ever. Not the most important game, but as far as obvious missed calls go, that was the worst I've seen. It was hilariously bad. He was like 5 feet out of bounds lol.

Imagine just waiting on line to get a beer or hot dog and Kevin Durant runs into you trying to save the ball from going out of bounds. It could happen.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Worst Iíve seen. I canít remember seeing anything close to it.

Hawkeye15
01-08-2019, 05:07 PM

dude KD was 3 feet out of bounds, skipping along like a shoolgirl before he touched the ball. All 3 refs should undergo eye testing and issue a formal apology to everyone involved.

AntiG
01-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Lebron socking Paul Pierce in the face while driving to the hoop and Pierce getting called for a foul lol

Redrum187
01-09-2019, 03:15 AM
Yeah that might be the worst. It even beats this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zpmigCh0Aw

Hawkeye15
01-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Yeah that might be the worst. It even beats this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zpmigCh0Aw

that isn't even the worst travel ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_ljDfevB0