PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron to the Lakers bad for LA?

kyubi256
01-03-2019, 06:52 PM
So I was watching yesterday's LAL vs OKC game and it started to make me think.... Is Lebron to the Lakers bad for LA? I know, sounds crazy because they legit just got the best player in the world, how in the hell can it be bad for them? They also have a winning record so far this year which they haven't had in a while. But something just seemed kinda weird/wrong about the game yesterday.

First, Lebron comes in late.... After the game had already happened. Next, Lebron comes in wearing a hoodie. I thought NBA had a policy where the players need to look professional when they are not playing. In addition to that, Lebron just didn't really look interested in the game at all, which probably explains his attire and showing up late.

All of this made me start thinking.... could Lebron to the Lakers actually be bad for LAL? Because he is basically showing that he is bigger than the team and he has his own rules. And I feel that can easily start rubbing off on the other guys too.

Just want to know your take on it

FlashBolt
01-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Disagree. First point I'd like to make, I think a guy like LeBron (regarded as the 2nd best player ever and an absolute major contributor to the NBA) has earned some bonus points to have more leeway around the league. It's technically not okay but exceptions are made when you're simply that high in the NBA hierarchy. He's earned that prestige.

Second, if LeBron wasn't interested, he wouldn't have shown up and would have went to do other things. Wasn't he at the Lakers vs Kings game when it was his birthday? Sure sounds like the guy is interested to me.

Third, I think you're more focused on the extracurricular impact rather than basketball - which is ultimately what matters. I think LeBron puts them at a better position than they were in before he signed with the Lakers and I think moving forward, he will be a large contributor in recruiting another elite player to go along with his own talent.

Heediot
01-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Regular season is kind of a joke. Bron is wired for the playoffs, I don't see anything wrong with not being 100% focused during the regular season. There's more behind the scenes we don't know about that could explain a lot of things.

cmellofan15
01-03-2019, 07:35 PM
No, it's great for the team, city, and the league.

More-Than-Most
01-03-2019, 07:43 PM
its incredible for the league and the pockets of the lakers... The only bad thing is his age and how screwed they will be if he falls off a cliff.. The other bad thing is how bad lonzo/ingram look along side him and how its killing their value.

FlashBolt
01-03-2019, 07:47 PM
its incredible for the league and the pockets of the lakers... The only bad thing is his age and how screwed they will be if he falls off a cliff.. The other bad thing is how bad lonzo/ingram look along side him and how its killing their value.

I mean, they haven't looked much better without him on the court. They are what they are right now. LeBron isn't going to change their game - it's up to them to figure it out. As for his age and if he falls off the cliff, LeBron actually spoke on this in stating that he can still improve other parts of his game to make up for his older age. Whether or not it's true is up for grabs but I don't think the guy would lie about that considering he has a high BBIQ and understands other ways he can be effective. Even assuming the drop-off due to age, what are we looking at? I still think he'd be a top ten player and a top ten player deserves the max dollars. It's not like the Kobe Bryant situation at all in which Kobe was taking up the salary cap and provided negative value to the team as they couldn't really develop their players with him on the court.

More-Than-Most
01-03-2019, 07:59 PM
I mean, they haven't looked much better without him on the court. They are what they are right now. LeBron isn't going to change their game - it's up to them to figure it out. As for his age and if he falls off the cliff, LeBron actually spoke on this in stating that he can still improve other parts of his game to make up for his older age. Whether or not it's true is up for grabs but I don't think the guy would lie about that considering he has a high BBIQ and understands other ways he can be effective. Even assuming the drop-off due to age, what are we looking at? I still think he'd be a top ten player and a top ten player deserves the max dollars. It's not like the Kobe Bryant situation at all in which Kobe was taking up the salary cap and provided negative value to the team as they couldn't really develop their players with him on the court.

oh trust me i hope bron plays till hes 45 at a high level... I just worry esp seeing him get injured recently.

GREATNESS ONE
01-03-2019, 08:33 PM

I watch every game multiple times.... Ingram I can agree with Lonzo looks absolutely special with Lebron... and you can see how Lebron loves ZO too

GREATNESS ONE
01-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Letís talk Lakers basketball.... not too sure what OP was intending but Iím game if weíre here to talk Lakers ball.

More-Than-Most
01-03-2019, 08:42 PM
I watch every game multiple times.... Ingram I can agree with Lonzo looks absolutely special with Lebron... and you can see how Lebron loves ZO too

I have no issues with the zo defense... His offense is a massive massive massive negative and the laker fans see it too... I cant remember the lakers ever booing a guy like they did him last night who plays for the lakers... The one big positive is his dad has vanished which is nice... You are correct lebron does love zo but lebron also loved Delladova and TJ mcconnel and about 10 other players that really arent good. If lonzo is here after next season then yes 100 percent lebron loves him but i feel like he will be shipped out asap along with ingram.

More-Than-Most
01-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Letís talk Lakers basketball.... not too sure what OP was intending but Iím game if weíre here to talk Lakers ball.

hart/kuzma are perfect players next to lebron.... Just add AD and the sky is the limit.

ewing
01-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Idk but he sure is an attention whore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk