PDA

View Full Version : Are the Celtics this yrs most disappointing team this yr?

BSF101
01-01-2019, 04:13 AM
Yes or no? Gonna keep it simple and why or why not?

Heediot
01-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Meh the regular season has been a jumble/mess this year.

GS is playing well behind projection too, does that make them disappointing.

There might also be the least amount of 60 wins teams in a wile, off the top of my head not sure.

What matters is how any team does in the playoffs. I'm still expecting a Raps vs. C's ecf. Warriors in the finals.
Lakers might even make it to the wcf as a lower seed. I could see early exits for higher ranked Nuggets and Thunder (as it currently stands).

ewing
01-01-2019, 09:37 AM
No. They are slightly behind projection, should have been expected to get better as the year goes on, and will be scary in he post season. At 4 games under 500 I'd say the Pels are the most disappointing

IndyRealist
01-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Jazz or Wizards. No one expected the Jazz to be sub .500 after putting up 48 wins last year, and the Wizards just imploded. Boston and Houston both had rocky starts but have since gotten it sorted out, and will both likely break 50 wins.

smith&wesson
01-01-2019, 12:11 PM
I think Hayward has been disappointing for sure. Likely a trade candidate if he can get his value up.

buckalis
01-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Nothing is wrong with the Celtics...

It's just that their rivals became much better with the Raptors adding Kwahi Leonard, the Pacers adding Tyreke Evans, Aaaron Holiday & Doug McDermott, the Sixers adding Butler and the Bucks adding Brook Lopez and George Hill, as well as having last season's rookies D.J Wilson and Sterling Brown merged as prime rotation pieces...

That said, the Celtics will still be able to overcome the Sixers and end up 4th in the East, as well as beat the Sixers in the 1st round of the playoffs, but they won't be able to make it to the East finals against the Bucks who are expected to significantly strengthen up further by the trade deadline, win the East against the Pacers (who will beat the Raptors in the semi finals) and play to the finals against GSW...

PAOboston
01-01-2019, 01:53 PM
I think Hayward has been disappointing for sure. Likely a trade candidate if he can get his value up.

As a Cs fan, I kind of agree with this. Kind of. I expect more from Hayward. Heís been very timid when he drives. Then I realize he hasnít played legitimate basket in over a year and is coming off almost a career ending injury. Itís going to take time to get his hops and more importantly his confidence back. Heís too good a player not to figure it out. Hopefully by April he is closer to the player he was. If so, it will be a pretty big boost to the Cs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aman_13
01-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Yeah fans should be patient as possible with Hayward. I know that's not easy in the moment but let's not forget the injury he's returning from. It can take him the whole yr.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

TakeYourL
01-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Yeah fans should be patient as possible with Hayward. I know that's not easy in the moment but let's not forget the injury he's returning from. It can take him the whole yr.

Did you not see his foot flopping around the court like a dead fish, and that look on his face like he was a sure candidate for PTSD?

He's never going to return back to normal, he's done, physically and mentally, I said it before the season started and people got mad here.

Most people don't heal from that injury, everything in foot ripped apart. You don't get to just come back from that injury.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Jazz or Wizards. No one expected the Jazz to be sub .500 after putting up 48 wins last year, and the Wizards just imploded. Boston and Houston both had rocky starts but have since gotten it sorted out, and will both likely break 50 wins.

Jazz did this last year but won like 20/22 games right around now. I thought that was a sign of things to come but they are indeed the biggest fail so far. I had them 2-3rd in the west this year...

Hawkeye15
01-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Did you not see his foot flopping around the court like a dead fish, and that look on his face like he was a sure candidate for PTSD?

He's never going to return back to normal, he's done, physically and mentally, I said it before the season started and people got mad here.

Most people don't heal from that injury, everything in foot ripped apart. You don't get to just come back from that injury.

Most don't get the explosiveness back. But he will get stronger. That is a 2 year heal man, and you are right except a bit extreme. He will return to a productive player. But not a top 30 player like he was

aman_13
01-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Hayward was never really known for his explosiveness to begin with. He kind of let the game come to him. You also have to consider fit. There is clearly an issue with how the ball is distributed despite their mentality of sharing the ball. They are trying to play the right way but certain players need the ball in their hands more to be effective. That in turn throws the ryhtmn off on others. I'm simplifying but just looking at Tatum's numbers recently, he's barley getting any attempts.

Heediot
01-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Hayward was never really known for his explosiveness to begin with. He kind of let the game come to him. You also have to consider fit. There is clearly an issue with how the ball is distributed despite their mentality of sharing the ball. They are trying to play the right way but certain players need the ball in their hands more to be effective. That in turn throws the ryhtmn off on others. I'm simplifying but just looking at Tatum's numbers recently, he's barley getting any attempts.

Very valid post. When IT was there they had a bunch of 3-d and glue guys and it worked to a certain degree tat got them pretty far/effective.

TakeYourL
01-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Most don't get the explosiveness back. But he will get stronger. That is a 2 year heal man, and you are right except a bit extreme. He will return to a productive player. But not a top 30 player like he was

I don't think it's extreme at all, when your foot rips off like that and you tear all the connective tissue, you will never be the same.

I don't know why you think he gets better in a year. If he wasn't fully healed and his foot wasn't near full strength he wouldn't be out there imo.

He may get slightly better but that's it, for the most part, he is what he is at this point.

dhopisthename
01-02-2019, 01:56 AM
Jazz did this last year but won like 20/22 games right around now. I thought that was a sign of things to come but they are indeed the biggest fail so far. I had them 2-3rd in the west this year...

Jazz have been very disappointing this year for sure(especially Mitchell), but it should be noted they have played the hardest strength of schedule in the league by a pretty large distance and have played the most road games. they won't go in the win streak like they did last year, but we just have to figure out how to save some points from all the blowouts. like I think if mitchell could just average what he did last year we would be ok, but he has been horrible this year.

Chronz
01-02-2019, 01:59 PM
No. They are slightly behind projection, should have been expected to get better as the year goes on, and will be scary in he post season. At 4 games under 500 I'd say the Pels are the most disappointing

Is Elfrid back

ewing
01-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Is Elfrid back

Just came back. I don't want to keep posting how I expected him to be a major difference maker for that team. Its seems it is going poorly for me