PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's off the court antics and NBA's failure to take actiona bad look for the NBA?

Giannis94
12-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Problem for me here is that the NBA is allowing lebron to do & say whatever he wants and not face any sort of punishment- when if any other player or coach says any of the same stuff- and they'd be fined & punished. I'm tired of lebron getting a free pass and I think it's an awful look for the nba.

I'm not sure what his deal his but in the last few weeks he's had some incrediby questionable behavior:

1.) Comments about Jewish Money
2.) Comments about NFL Slavery (oh the irony)
3.) Walking into the game last night with a glass of wine. Don't get me wrong, I love wine. Bu a lot of his fans are under 21. So what kind of message does this send to kids <21? That he supports drinking before games? Seems like the Boston Red Sox from a few years ago.
4.) This isn't so much of a Lebron thing as it is the entire Lakers organization. The NBA continually allows them tp tamper- with very few repracussions aside from a BS fine which we all know is more of a pat on the back to make it look like they're doing something. When they're not.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Saddletramp
12-29-2018, 04:19 PM
who cares

cmellofan15
12-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Oh no Massa needsa put bronny in the hot box

ewing
12-29-2018, 05:34 PM
5 game suspension

MRSpock
12-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Problem for me here is that the NBA is allowing lebron to do & say whatever he wants and not face any sort of punishment- when if any other player or coach says any of the same stuff- and they'd be fined & punished. I'm tired of lebron getting a free pass and I think it's an awful look for the nba.

I'm not sure what his deal his but in the last few weeks he's had some incrediby questionable behavior:

3.) Walking into the game last night with a glass of wine. Don't get me wrong, I love wine. Bu a lot of his fans are under 21. So what kind of message does this send to kids <21? That he supports drinking before games? Seems like the Boston Red Sox from a few years ago.
4.) This isn't so much of a Lebron thing as it is the entire Lakers organization. The NBA continually allows them tp tamper- with very few repracussions aside from a BS fine which we all know is more of a pat on the back to make it look like they're doing something. When they're not.

1. You mean repeating lyrics in a song? Something he apologized for pretty quickly?

2. I disagree with his sentiment, but I think the point of his comments were that there were still people who looked at owning a team like this. It's hard for me to disagree when you hear people like Donald Sterling who sounded like a slave owner when talking about the players on his team.

3. The NBA probably makes millions of dollars a year on alcohol endorsements. I really don't care if he drinks a glass of wine. It's nothing that a 4 year old can't see their parents doing at dinner on occasion.

4. It's a players league. NBA can't get away with micromanaging the players personal lives like the NFL does.

Overall like the previous poster said. Who cares. Lebron is like the greatest ambassador for a sport you could possibly have. Who gives a **** if he has a glass of wine during an off day lol.

Your post comes off as someone trying to be outraged at something BTW. It just comes of as disengenious.

CityofTreez
12-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Oh no Massa needsa put bronny in the hot box

Brun dindu notin

mightybosstone
12-29-2018, 06:41 PM
You're reaching, OP. If this is the most ammunition you have to take a shot at the guy, you're not likely to hit anything. He's about as clean cut a professional athlete as you could possibly have, especially given the insane amount of coverage he's gotten in the media over the last 15+ years and the hyper-sensitivity of our social-media-centric society today.

Leave it alone. Find someone or something else to harp on...

D-Leethal
12-29-2018, 08:07 PM
The wine thing outside of being extremely corny is something the NBA should address. Let's not pretend like any other injured player walking into the game with a 40 oz or a bottle of henny wouldn't get justifiably ripped by the media and fined by the league.

It's not about promoting alcohol to young fans, it's simply the standards the league holds these athletes to and not allowing the players to show up to games drunk whether they are playing or not. If you let them drink a glass of wine the next guy will drink a bottle. Drunk players on the bench + drunk heckling fans sounds like a great idea. If there is a potential slippery slope the league doesn't allow it. Not sure why this is different outside of it being LeBron.

D-Leethal
12-29-2018, 08:10 PM
The other stuff is stupid, LeBron is free to speak his mind even when he says dumb ****. Drinking on the job is different.

More-Than-Most
12-29-2018, 08:21 PM
does anyone here drink on a day they dont have to work? I guess being on call is about the only time a person who has a job cant drink on their day off.

warfelg
12-29-2018, 08:27 PM
does anyone here drink on a day they dont have to work? I guess being on call is about the only time a person who has a job cant drink on their day off.

I only drink at work. And itís always Dos Equis.

GREATNESS ONE
12-29-2018, 11:24 PM
Great job man! Another troll bait thread and when someone trolls in it you get defensive... yet every thread you start is poking the bear. Keep it up!

Saddletramp
12-30-2018, 04:07 AM
I only drink at work. And itís always Dos Equis.

Had a Dos Equis tonight after not having one in years. What an awful beer.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 12:11 PM
I love everything he's doing, including the on the job tab. I only wish he had JR next to him. No I don't have any children but I would raise them not to idolize celebs.

lakerfan85
12-30-2018, 01:50 PM
The wine thing outside of being extremely corny is something the NBA should address. Let's not pretend like any other injured player walking into the game with a 40 oz or a bottle of henny wouldn't get justifiably ripped by the media and fined by the league.

It's not about promoting alcohol to young fans, it's simply the standards the league holds these athletes to and not allowing the players to show up to games drunk whether they are playing or not. If you let them drink a glass of wine the next guy will drink a bottle. Drunk players on the bench + drunk heckling fans sounds like a great idea. If there is a potential slippery slope the league doesn't allow it. Not sure why this is different outside of it being LeBron.

I agree with you.. Iím going to assume he wasnít drinking and driving...

D-Leethal
12-30-2018, 02:18 PM
I agree with you.. Iím going to assume he wasnít drinking and driving...

Essentially unless the league is prepared to allow all players to drink before games when they are out with injury, they should not allow LeBron to do it.

warfelg
12-30-2018, 02:21 PM
I love everything he's doing, including the on the job tab. I only wish he had JR next to him. No I don't have any children but I would raise them not to idolize celebs.

Reminds me of the Charles Barkley quote:
It's not my job to be a role model, it's the parents jobs to tell their kids who a role model is.

LaVar Ball
12-30-2018, 02:28 PM

lmao he didn't do anything

I hope Giannis leaves Milwaukee soon

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2018, 02:50 PM
lmao he didn't do anything

I hope Giannis leaves Milwaukee soon

Canít wait! Hope he goes to NYK and not waste his career in Milwaukee

Chronz
12-30-2018, 03:46 PM
Reminds me of the Charles Barkley quote:
It's not my job to be a role model, it's the parents jobs to tell their kids who a role model is.

Yup and if I had more than 1 immigrant parent to sustain young me, i'm sure I wouldn't have idolized these obviously flawed humans as much as I did growing up. My dad showed up too late in the game

CityofTreez
12-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Had a Dos Equis tonight after not having one in years. What an awful beer.

Yeah Dos Equis are weak compared to Modeloís

Chronz
12-30-2018, 03:52 PM
Lol, you plebeians remind me of these 2 basic *****es I met the grocery store. They were so excited by a sale of basic brew, I forget which, so upset when their excitement didn't phase a true drinker.

warfelg
12-30-2018, 04:02 PM
Personally I actually prefer loaded landsharks.

CityofTreez
12-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Plebeians lol

Chronz
12-30-2018, 04:14 PM
Personally I actually prefer loaded landsharks.
Anything that's not the same brew you see everywhere is worth a shot

Chronz
12-30-2018, 04:15 PM
Plebeians lol

I'll admit, if I must drink horse pee, gimme modela over 2x

ewing
12-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Yup and if I had more than 1 immigrant parent to sustain young me, i'm sure I wouldn't have idolized these obviously flawed humans as much as I did growing up. My dad showed up too late in the game

Perhaps you werenít that way bc he left but he did leave bc of the way you were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronz
12-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Perhaps you werenít that way bc he left but he did leave bc of the way you were

You're prolly the only guy all these years that consistently brought a smile to my face.... father?

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2018, 06:22 PM

Lmfao! I like you more and more :nod:

Raps08-09 Champ
12-30-2018, 07:20 PM
Kinda weird you make a thread about holding Lebron accountable but you parade and praise the president for worse things.

The world is a weird place.

mightybosstone
12-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Kinda weird you make a thread about holding Lebron accountable but you parade and praise the president for worse things.

The world is a weird place.

Hadn't even considered the hypocrisy of that, but great point! OP clearly has a blind spot for Trump, but no problem pointing out every single thing Lebron does that could be interpreted as wrong.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-30-2018, 07:25 PM
Hadn't even considered the hypocrisy of that, but great point! OP clearly has a blind spot for Trump, but no problem pointing out every single thing Lebron does that could be interpreted as wrong.

Unfortunately some would rather hold basketball players much more accountable more than the president.

Chronz
12-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Lmfao! I like you more and more :nod:

Prolly better off reporting me and hoping I go away

Chronz
12-30-2018, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately some would rather hold basketball players much more accountable more than the president.

Lol, took you this long to realize? Its been this way for decades kiddo

IKnowHoops
12-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Lol, took you this long to realize? Its been this way for decades kiddo

Not when it comes to the words that come out of there mouth. Trump is the first of his kind. Complete jackó- disrespectful and comes off racist.

CityofTreez
12-30-2018, 09:09 PM

Iím a patrician!
I just opened up a bottle of Hendricks and it will be gone before NYE

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Prolly better off reporting me and hoping I go away

**** no!!! Snitches get Stitches!!!!

zookman65
12-31-2018, 02:24 AM
1. You mean repeating lyrics in a song? Something he apologized for pretty quickly?

2. I disagree with his sentiment, but I think the point of his comments were that there were still people who looked at owning a team like this. It's hard for me to disagree when you hear people like Donald Sterling who sounded like a slave owner when talking about the players on his team.

3. The NBA probably makes millions of dollars a year on alcohol endorsements. I really don't care if he drinks a glass of wine. It's nothing that a 4 year old can't see their parents doing at dinner on occasion.

4. It's a players league. NBA can't get away with micromanaging the players personal lives like the NFL does.

Overall like the previous poster said. Who cares. Lebron is like the greatest ambassador for a sport you could possibly have. Who gives a **** if he has a glass of wine during an off day lol.

Your post comes off as someone trying to be outraged at something BTW. It just comes of as disengenious.

VERY WELL SAID SIR!!! Giannis94 obviously doesnt like LeBron so he reaches to find stuff that just isnt there. He forgot to add to his list: LeBron opening up a charter school for underprivileged kids in his home town of Akron during his off season - How dare he do something so charitable.

Saddletramp
12-31-2018, 08:13 AM
Yeah Dos Equis are weak compared to Modeloís

Modelo is even worse. Well, the Negra Modelo is awesome but the Especial is just border piss.

ewing
12-31-2018, 10:22 AM
VERY WELL SAID SIR!!! Giannis94 obviously doesnt like LeBron so he reaches to find stuff that just isnt there. He forgot to add to his list: LeBron opening up a charter school for underprivileged kids in his home town of Akron during his off season - How dare he do something so charitable.

Bad people do good things too

Giannis94
12-31-2018, 10:37 AM
I respect Lebron as a basketball player and the good acts in the community. I don't like the other side to him. The constant passive-aggressive stuff, and his other questionable actions in the past.

I don't hate any athlete. I do think he is corny and if he's in the finals, I'm not actively cheering for em

tp13baby
12-31-2018, 10:58 AM
1. Jewish money- people get offended by everything. Itís lyrics to a song. Get over it.

2. Slave owners- the NFL is a business. Money comes first much like any other business owner. You hurt their profits yeah they are going to say something about it. I donít really get the notion itís like owning slaves. They pay you millions of dollars to play, and when you do something that hurts profits, owners are going to have something to say. Both sides have a point.

3. He drinks wine. You are being sensitive.

4. LA is a hot spot to go with or without Lebron. Big market and the appeal of the Lakers is going to entice anyone. Tampering of AD is ridiculous.

Lebron is one of the best role models this generation has seen. I donít know why you are overlooking his contributions.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-31-2018, 03:00 PM
Save for the people who have an agenda for lebron sayin those things.. I doubt many care.

Iím glad the nba recognizes this. Move on. Everyone else has.

FlashBolt
12-31-2018, 08:57 PM
I respect Lebron as a basketball player and the good acts in the community. I don't like the other side to him. The constant passive-aggressive stuff, and his other questionable actions in the past.

I don't hate any athlete. I do think he is corny and if he's in the finals, I'm not actively cheering for em

He's the most scrutinized and overanalyzed athlete ever thanks to social media. If the worst thing you have got to say about him is his passive aggressiveness behind the scenes, he's done incredible and far better than any other athlete in any sport. He's been dominating the league for over 15 years and at the same time, managed to build a global empire of business endeavors. Dude is the ultimate family man and you never hear a peep about his family in negative light. Again, if your only concern is his comments he made from lyrics (I thought it was a positive statement) and that NFL owners have a slave mentality (wrong, IMO) in a sixteen year span, I would say that is a testament of how high he set the standard.

ewing
12-31-2018, 10:19 PM
He's the most scrutinized and overanalyzed athlete ever thanks to social media. If the worst thing you have got to say about him is his passive aggressiveness behind the scenes, he's done incredible and far better than any other athlete in any sport. He's been dominating the league for over 15 years and at the same time, managed to build a global empire of business endeavors. Dude is the ultimate family man and you never hear a peep about his family in negative light. Again, if your only concern is his comments he made from lyrics (I thought it was a positive statement) and that NFL owners have a slave mentality (wrong, IMO) in a sixteen year span, I would say that is a testament of how high he set the standard.

If he was the ďultimate family manĒ wouldnít he retire and rise his kids?

Heediot
12-31-2018, 11:17 PM

I don't know he's pretty douchey to me, also tries too hard to get acceptance/approval. I think he's kinda fake tbh, but it is what it is though. He is a good person, just needs to be real and not such a try hard.

nicnac
01-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Bron is an ego maniac. Perfect for or created by this selfie generation. He flaunts his power and I hope it becomes in vogue for players to walk into the arena with a drink if they are not playing. Let's see how well its recieved then

Also, he cries way to much for calls that he doesn't get and flops like he has been shot by a gun when fouled

I think it takes away from his greatness but in this era of ME inside and outside of sports, it plays well.

But overall, he is special. Many of us have had the chance to watch Jordan. Tiger, Ali, brady, gretsky....a wonderfull era of the best at their craft.

I appreciate these guys for the memories and try to ignore what I do not value about them but I do have my own opinion. I was talking with my 23 y.o daughter and her boyfriend about the wine. Of course they minimize it, but they also are responsible enough to know what the rules of life are for them. The bron rule has no boundary and he is making sure that people know it