PDA

View Full Version : When Should The Warriors Offer Klay + Draymond for Anthony Davis

LaVar Ball
12-26-2018, 11:27 PM
This is the highest their stock is going to be because they are slowly starting to drop off on both ends of the floor.

Draymond and KD don't get along. Klay just can't be that consistent 2nd splash brother behind Steph cuz KD goes ISO. This is not the same team the last 2 years. Golden State has to do everything in their power to keep Kevin Durant beyond this year!

Steph + KD + AD = DYNASTY!!!!!!

tredigs
12-26-2018, 11:31 PM
Hilarious. Their stock has never been lower by the way.

smith&wesson
12-27-2018, 01:13 AM
It’s a great idea actually

More-Than-Most
12-27-2018, 01:53 AM
It’s a great idea actually

Its not. Its basically dray for AD which is ********. No chance Klay stays on the pelicans so he would just walk this off season to the lakers.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2018, 02:06 AM
Draymond is almost a bum right now.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2018, 02:09 AM
GS is starting to remind me of the Heat right now. If Klay/Steph/Durant don’t drop a combined 80points they lose bad.

LaVar Ball
12-27-2018, 02:49 AM
GS is starting to remind me of the Heat right now. If Klay/Steph/Durant don’t drop a combined 80points they lose bad.

That’s what happens when you build a top heavy team.

Gone are those super role players like Bogut, Barnes, Barbosa, Speights, McCaw, Barnes, Clark, Pachulia, McGee.

Iguodala and Livingston are shells of their former selves.

This is their worst Warriors bench by far in the Steve Kerr era.

Tg11
12-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Yeah Warriors look beatable now because of their bench

Scoots
12-27-2018, 11:32 AM
That’s what happens when you build a top heavy team.

Gone are those super role players like Bogut, Barnes, Barbosa, Speights, McCaw, Barnes, Clark, Pachulia, McGee.

Iguodala and Livingston are shells of their former selves.

This is their worst Warriors bench by far in the Steve Kerr era.

Last year's bench was worse. The only player they miss is West. Injuries and McCaw going crazy have hurt too.

FlashBolt
12-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Why would Pelicans take two players who likely leaves when they could get young assets who they can groom and convince to stay? Draymond hasn't been himself and will never get a max contract. Klay? I mean, I like the guy but he will be exposed if he is your first option.

Giannis94
12-27-2018, 11:53 AM
If I'm the Pels, I turn it down no questions asked. I'm looking for Curry or bust. KD doesn't do much, either

FlashBolt
12-27-2018, 11:55 AM
If I'm the Pels, I turn it down no questions asked. I'm looking for Curry or bust. KD doesn't do much, either

Pelicans aren't in the position of demanding. Once AD starts telling everyone he wants to leave, Pelicans will lose leverage. They aren't winning any time soon. It's silly for them to not put AD on trade talks RIGHT NOW. Every day that drifts by means they get less of a return.

tredigs
12-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Draymond is almost a bum right now.
Klay has been the far bigger bum. At least Draymond provides playmaking from the forward position and elite D. A poor shooting Klay provides next to nothing. They are Curry+KD and that's it right now. Luckily, there is no other scary team other than the Raptors, so they have time to get it right.

cmellofan15
12-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Klay has been the far bigger bum. At least Draymond provides playmaking from the forward position and elite D. A poor shooting Klay provides next to nothing. They are Curry+KD and that's it right now. Luckily, there is no other scary team other than the Raptors, so they have time to get it right.

You misspelled nuggets ;)

tredigs
12-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Pelicans aren't in the position of demanding. Once AD starts telling everyone he wants to leave, Pelicans will lose leverage. They aren't winning any time soon. It's silly for them to not put AD on trade talks RIGHT NOW. Every day that drifts by means they get less of a return.

They have massive contract leverage and obviously threaten losing all their emotional attatchment leverage if he hears word of them shopping him. They would never get fair value in a trade (only a contender would do it and they are obviously not giving up a star in return. Nor can they give up a high draft pick). You would also kill your fanbase. IE, you could not make a dumber decision.

tredigs
12-27-2018, 12:13 PM
You misspelled nuggets ;)

The fact that they are the top West threat along with OKC says it all. The Warriors are not scary though and it's not because they're not trying. If a worthy contender presents themselves or a good team like OKC plays 4 great games, the Warriors will lose for sure.

That said, I still think they will win. Curry and KD are too good.

ewing
12-27-2018, 12:28 PM
The fact that they are the top West threat along with OKC says it all. The Warriors are not scary though and it's not because they're not trying. If a worthy contender presents themselves or a good team like OKC plays 4 great games, the Warriors will lose for sure.

That said, I still think they will win. Curry and KD are too good.

The Nuggets aren't beating anyone in the playoffs. They are the pre KL Raptors. All bark, no bite.

tredigs
12-27-2018, 12:53 PM
The Nuggets aren't beating anyone in the playoffs. They are the pre KL Raptors. All bark, no bite.
They are definitely not scary, but Klay and Draymond are so weak/inconsistent on offense that neither are the Warriors. They will actually need Cousins to fit in and be good to be a tier above the rest of the West, and let's just say that's a tough sell. But again, Curry and KD. I'll take their chances over the West. Raptors are a different story and actually have the right build to smack the Warriors around pretty easily if they are not firing in all cylinders.

Giannis94
12-27-2018, 01:01 PM

Yeah I get that. I kinda wish the NBA would have a comp system more like the MLB; although one like the NFL's wouldn't be bad. Like if you lose a player that signs a deal greater than XXX, you get a pick at the end of the first round and the team signing that player forfeits say a second rd pick. Then that team losing say, Ad- won't have to wait a year to rebuild and hope for lottery luck. They can get a young player some more minutes and hope they hit a Jimmy B, or a nice role player

FlashBolt
12-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Yeah I get that. I kinda wish the NBA would have a comp system more like the MLB; although one like the NFL's wouldn't be bad. Like if you lose a player that signs a deal greater than XXX, you get a pick at the end of the first round and the team signing that player forfeits say a second rd pick. Then that team losing say, Ad- won't have to wait a year to rebuild and hope for lottery luck. They can get a young player some more minutes and hope they hit a Jimmy B, or a nice role player

Nope. Pelicans screwed up. They had something great going on with Rondo and chose not to resign him. They let Cousins walk away instead of giving him a good offer (I get the injury concern but they should have given him a chance to prove himself via a one year contract.) Bad teams with shotty management shouldn't be rewarded.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-27-2018, 03:11 PM
If Klay signed a extension then the deal is a little bit better. But Pelicans could take all the Lakers kids. Or wait till summer to see what Ainge coughs up.

Saddletramp
12-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Nope. Pelicans screwed up. They had something great going on with Rondo and chose not to resign him. They let Cousins walk away instead of giving him a good offer (I get the injury concern but they should have given him a chance to prove himself via a one year contract.) Bad teams with shotty management shouldn't be rewarded.

Didn’t the Pelicans offer him $40 million over two years after the injury? Sounds pretty good to me knowing that he’d miss at least half of one season and might never have been anywhere near a $20 million guy again. Plus, Bird Rights. I wouldn’t be surprised if that second year was a player option so if he did prove he was back, he could sign a Max in 2019 with them.

Boogie just went Boogie and exploded into a temper tantrum like a child.

More-Than-Most
12-27-2018, 09:55 PM
If Klay signed a extension then the deal is a little bit better. But Pelicans could take all the Lakers kids. Or wait till summer to see what Ainge coughs up.

Yup... I am either asking for Tatum/2 firsts plus or ingram/Ball plus or Duncic/Plus or this years first overall whomever gets it plus more.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-27-2018, 11:57 PM
Never. Davis probably going to accept the MLE to go there.

FlashBolt
12-28-2018, 12:19 AM
Didn’t the Pelicans offer him $40 million over two years after the injury? Sounds pretty good to me knowing that he’d miss at least half of one season and might never have been anywhere near a $20 million guy again. Plus, Bird Rights. I wouldn’t be surprised if that second year was a player option so if he did prove he was back, he could sign a Max in 2019 with them.

Yeah, Boogie's a baby and clearly joined the Warriors to "spite" everyone but I think they offered him the contract during the season and then pulled it off after Boogie didn't accept. Boogie was likely waiting for offers. Seems he didn't get any good ones after the season.

kobe4thewinbang
12-28-2018, 01:33 AM
Klay has been the far bigger bum. At least Draymond provides playmaking from the forward position and elite D. A poor shooting Klay provides next to nothing. They are Curry+KD and that's it right now. Luckily, there is no other scary team other than the Raptors, so they have time to get it right.https://stats.nba.com/player/202691/defense-dash/

Allphakenny1
12-28-2018, 02:20 AM

Flashbolt nailed it. The offer to Boogie was during the season and he wanted to wait for the off season to see if he could get a better offer. When he did not get a better offer in the off season, the Pelicans pulled the offer they gave him leaving him with no off season offers. Boogie could have waited for something better, but it may have never came along. He decided to take his fate into his own hands and called the Warriors to take the MLE. Anyone saying he had other offers is a false statement.

IKnowHoops
12-28-2018, 02:40 AM

I feel you but I disagree for the simple fact that having Dre out there on offense is the reason teams can double Curry, Durant and Klay. Teams still stick to Klay. Having Dre out there makes GS defendable. Everyone gets a double team and they just leave Dre open. It’s 4 on 5 out there and Durant sly like threw Dray under the bus when he highlighted why the Lakers were able to double everyone.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-28-2018, 09:01 AM
Warriors aren't a scary team any more. Yeah they still good if the main core is on fire. But it could be time to break up the splash brothers and deal Klay and Green for better depth and youth and just build around Curry and KD. Also Klay on his next contract wont be any more exciting then he is now. Also Curry has a ton of miles on him already. I knew this time would come but not this soon. Who knows maybe Klay walks to 76ers in the offseason.

Iron24th
12-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Pretty bad trade idea since both klay and draymond can leave the pels soon.

Saddletramp
12-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Boogie's a baby and clearly joined the Warriors to "spite" everyone but I think they offered him the contract during the season and then pulled it off after Boogie didn't accept. Boogie was likely waiting for offers. Seems he didn't get any good ones after the season.

Flashbolt nailed it. The offer to Boogie was during the season and he wanted to wait for the off season to see if he could get a better offer. When he did not get a better offer in the off season, the Pelicans pulled the offer they gave him leaving him with no off season offers. Boogie could have waited for something better, but it may have never came along. He decided to take his fate into his own hands and called the Warriors to take the MLE. Anyone saying he had other offers is a false statement.

Yeah, he turned it down and then they pulled it. He should’ve realized with his injury question mark and missing at least half of the next season that he wouldn’t get anything better. He lost his Bird Rights, too. Idiotic move.

YAALREADYKNO
12-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Should’ve done that last year

Vee-Rex
12-28-2018, 02:45 PM
They have massive contract leverage and obviously threaten losing all their emotional attatchment leverage if he hears word of them shopping him. They would never get fair value in a trade (only a contender would do it and they are obviously not giving up a star in return. Nor can they give up a high draft pick). You would also kill your fanbase. IE, you could not make a dumber decision.

That's generally the case but teams like the Celtics and Lakers are exceptions, since they have multiple young players who have some value. In the case of the Celtics, they also have a lot of draft picks that, while coupled with young players, could make for an intriguing offer. Even Gordon Hayward may not be exempt from being included in a trade for AD.

And though I wouldn't be shopping AD right now if I were the Pelicans, I can say that come trade deadline (only 6 weeks away) they'll listen to offers if they're not performing well. And if the Celtics are still not playing up to expectations I imagine Danny Ainge might be more willing to bite on a big trade for AD.

Heediot
12-28-2018, 04:06 PM
That's generally the case but teams like the Celtics and Lakers are exceptions, since they have multiple young players who have some value. In the case of the Celtics, they also have a lot of draft picks that, while coupled with young players, could make for an intriguing offer. Even Gordon Hayward may not be exempt from being included in a trade for AD.

And though I wouldn't be shopping AD right now if I were the Pelicans, I can say that come trade deadline (only 6 weeks away) they'll listen to offers if they're not performing well. And if the Celtics are still not playing up to expectations I imagine Danny Ainge might be more willing to bite on a big trade for AD.

Lakers should swoop in. The C's can't trade for him until the summer. Lakers should take advantage of that. Although if the Pel's are smart they'd wait till the Summer and let the two historic rivals outbid one another and hope to land a juicy trade.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-29-2018, 12:21 PM
Celtics could trade for AD this season if they trade Irving before hand. Cause you can't have two Rose rule players on same roster. Unless its like Irving and Tatum for AD or something along those lines. Not sure Irving would stay. So Pelicans could reroute Irving to maybe Suns for a bunch of rookie contracts and whatever else. Suns always in the hunt for a PG.