PDA

View Full Version : Will The Knicks Ever Turn The Corner?

LaVar Ball
12-25-2018, 03:26 PM
You can't just hinge on the return of a healthy Porzingis or the coaching of Fizdale.

You need more as a franchise. Just because you're the New York market does not mean you deserve a Christmas day home game. There are so many other deserving teams who could have had a Xmas game. The Knicks don't deserve to have one and haven't deserved one in many years.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 04:07 PM
They did when they acquired Melo. Not sure why this is a thread. Melo saved that franchise. Got em to 54 wins, and you're waiting for them to turn the corner?

LaVar Ball
12-25-2018, 04:14 PM
They did when they acquired Melo. Not sure why this is a thread. Melo saved that franchise. Got em to 54 wins, and you're waiting for them to turn the corner?

That's not turning the corner.

I think the Knicks need a cornerstone franchise player like Giannis to pair up with Kristaps.

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 04:16 PM
That's not turning the corner.

I think the Knicks need a cornerstone franchise player like Giannis to pair up with Kristaps.

Sounds like Kristapas will be headed to WI in that case. Get KD this off-season and trade for Kristapas and we can start "dynasty" talk in the Brew City.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks make a splash in the summer

More-Than-Most
12-25-2018, 05:31 PM
They are already turning the corner by tanking and are using the sixers method in all honesty... There is 0 chance Porz comes back this season because it will mess up the tank.. Porz getting injured was a flat out blessing... Now he comes back as a monster and they could add a zion and grab a kyrie or a durant via free agency.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 05:51 PM
They are already turning the corner by tanking and are using the sixers method in all honesty... There is 0 chance Porz comes back this season because it will mess up the tank.. Porz getting injured was a flat out blessing... Now he comes back as a monster and they could add a zion and grab a kyrie or a durant via free agency.

It really is smart

cheetos185
12-25-2018, 06:02 PM
I don't see durant coming to knicks but i'll just be happy with a top 3 pick really the kp injury was a blessing from the basketball gods because rest of the roster sucks minus knox.

Tg11
12-25-2018, 06:05 PM
I don't see durant coming to knicks but i'll just be happy with a top 3 pick really the kp injury was a blessing from the basketball gods because rest of the roster sucks minus knox.

Well Hardaway Jr has been having a breakout season

cheetos185
12-25-2018, 06:09 PM

and the knicks have one of the worst record

Tg11
12-25-2018, 06:17 PM
and the knicks have one of the worst record

Yeah but if Hardaway continues to ball out and KP comes back and then tank and get Zion or RJ then the Knicks will be fine

Giannis94
12-25-2018, 08:57 PM

I'm not sure if it's a breakout season relative to contract.

zookman65
12-25-2018, 11:05 PM
Maybe they can tank and then trade their high pick for next years equivalent of Trae Young.

TrueFan420
12-25-2018, 11:39 PM
You want to know when theyíll turn the corner, when Dolan finally sells... not a second before.

LaVar Ball
12-26-2018, 12:23 AM

I would flip Zion to NOLA for AD and then sign KD to go along with Porzy, if Knicks are in win-now mode

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 12:24 AM
It really is smart

yup people will talk **** but as long as all stars wanna play with all stars the mid tier teams in purgatory are better off just saying **** it and tanking. Next year the knicks could have a core of porz/zion/knox with a free agent add on of durant or kyrie... Instant 50 plus win team and title contender.

More-Than-Most
12-26-2018, 12:25 AM
I would flip Zion to NOLA for AD and then sign KD to go along with Porzy, if Knicks are in win-now mode

I am just not a fan of that much size and I wouldnt give up zion because he fits perfectly next to a porz. If AD were to def sign right away then sure but id only do it if durant was signing as well.

Tg11
12-26-2018, 07:53 AM

I would to if I'm the Knicks and I end up with RJ Barrett or Zion Williamson as the draft pick for the Knicks; then trade that pick for Anthony Davis in a blockbuster deal by trading Zion, Hardaway Jr., Vonleh, and like 2 draft picks to the Pelicans for AD

AD in a Knicks uniform with a healthy Porzingis comin back and then somehow get KD to come to New York

The Knicks hands down are favorites to go to the NBA Finals with AD, KD and Porz

ewing
12-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Yes. They will draft a franchise altering player this off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Leethal
12-26-2018, 09:59 AM

We are all hoping this is out it works out. Knox is legit too. Knicks are finally doing it the right way it seems. Lots of Knick fans think this offseason is make or break when it comes to setting up our core for the long term though. Need to nail the pick and land a max, hope we have not yet seen the best of Porzingis and that Knox reaches his full potential.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2018, 10:52 AM
If they can land Zion and KP comes back healthy, they are probably a real FA away from being a really good team again. Its amazing how cheap talent flocks to large markets with good teams, so filling out a roster won't be a problem.

But it's the Knicks too, so it may just blow up in their faces.

Tg11
12-26-2018, 11:00 AM
If they can land Zion and KP comes back healthy, they are probably a real FA away from being a really good team again. Its amazing how cheap talent flocks to large markets with good teams, so filling out a roster won't be a problem.

But it's the Knicks too, so it may just blow up in their faces.

Depending on if they tank because if they manage to do it there's still a chance they could end up with the #1 or #2 pick or even #3 it all comes down to the Draft Lottery really

Hawkeye15
12-26-2018, 11:09 AM
Depending on if they tank because if they manage to do it there's still a chance they could end up with the #1 or #2 pick or even #3 it all comes down to the Draft Lottery really

they need to hit on whomever they draft.

IndyRealist
12-26-2018, 12:22 PM
I think Robinson fits next to AD better than Zion does next to KP. Zion likely peaks below where AD is now. That's not a knock, but if the Knicks wants to be relevant again AD is the sure thing while Zion could pull a Larry Sanders.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Knicks need to hit a home run in the draft. Or possibly deal KP now and try dumping junk salaries with him for rookie contracts and expiring's and picks. Then use cap to eat more dead weight for picks or rookie contracts. Rinse and repeat for a decade. Hopefully by then you have new owner as well. But they way the Knicks are ran you probably would trade your lottery pick and Hardaway JR for old man CP3 right now and force KP back to fast and he gets re-injured. Which then ya fall fast and Morey has #1 pick to help Harden retool. That's the bad stuff Knicks like to do.

Mr.B
12-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Sounds like Kristapas will be headed to WI in that case. Get KD this off-season and trade for Kristapas and we can start "dynasty" talk in the Brew City.

But what will they do when Giannis comes to Dallas to play with Luka and his little bro?

Iron24th
12-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Like many said, NY could be in good shape after next summer, Zinger will be back, Knox will get better, add a top pick and 1 or 2 stars in FA and you got your pretender in the East.

Mr.B
12-27-2018, 01:07 AM
For the Knicks fans. What do you think the Knicks would/could offer for DSJ? Something that would allow them to keep Porzingus, Knox, and their 2019 1st. Or would they pass on any deal for DSJ?

NYKalltheway
12-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Not as long as Dolan is around.

Tg11
12-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Like many said, NY could be in good shape after next summer, Zinger will be back, Knox will get better, add a top pick and 1 or 2 stars in FA and you got your pretender in the East.

Yeah they can do that and the Knicks go from laughing stocks to favorite in the East relatively quickly

ohreally
12-28-2018, 12:51 AM
And they would have been good a long time ago if Lebron signed with them and brought two stars of his choosing.
I just donít see any likely scenario that takes them from where they are now to a true contender in the East, never mind a favorite.

Tg11
12-28-2018, 06:15 AM
They could easily be a favorite if Durant decides to come this summer

ewing
12-28-2018, 12:39 PM
And they would have been good a long time ago if Lebron signed with them and brought two stars of his choosing.
I just donít see any likely scenario that takes them from where they are now to a true contender in the East, never mind a favorite.

Zion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valade16
12-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Zion

Basically they need another franchise changing player next to Porzingis.

benzni
12-28-2018, 07:19 PM

hes shooting 39% from the field.

More-Than-Most
12-28-2018, 09:24 PM
I have no issues with the knicks and hope they actually do get a star to go along with KP just because I think with the knicks/lakers the NBA is just so much fun... The only teams I really hate are the celtics and the celtics and the celtics and the celtics and the warriors.

still a fan
12-29-2018, 02:30 PM

well smart post........in order for that to work however Timmy and either Frank or Knox or both have to be added to the trade for KD to come as per cap.

I posted this in the draft thread in the Knicks forum and posters actually said they won't give up the pick or give NO Knox?????

Have to wonder sometimes.........

My guess in NO would love him out of the West, then take two young lottery picks, the pick this year and take the 2021 pick and add Timmy to pair with Jrue to complete the trade......

Davis can't go to boston and get supermax with Kyrie set to get it, so this does make a little sense.....it's still out there but it's all on Davis and where he says he will accept a trade to or become a FA in 2020.

But for any Knick fan to turn down that trade and with KP and Davis why wouldn't KD join and be the best front court and it's not close.

still a fan
12-29-2018, 02:35 PM
FYI besides Timmy's not so great shooting % he is not so good on defense.......fans seem to forget that side of the court.

GiantsSwaGG
12-29-2018, 03:36 PM
For the Knicks fans. What do you think the Knicks would/could offer for DSJ? Something that would allow them to keep Porzingus, Knox, and their 2019 1st. Or would they pass on any deal for DSJ?

Pass rather have Mudiay heís better

still a fan
12-29-2018, 04:44 PM

knicks forum would have a fit trading golden boy lol, but this trade makes sense for both teams,

Two players can be salary dumps for each team

Lee is the player today that makes Dallas so much better with Doncic, he can play good defense and shoots the three really well, then Frank can be groomed to take his place and still get some minutes that Mathews and Brunson were getting.....

I thought this worked for both teams

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqhf4qv

Mr.B
12-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Pass rather have Mudiay heís better

Really? You think Mudiay is a better prospect than DSJ? Well you would be the only one, but to each their own.

Mr.B
12-29-2018, 08:09 PM
knicks forum would have a fit trading golden boy lol, but this trade makes sense for both teams,

Two players can be salary dumps for each team

Lee is the player today that makes Dallas so much better with Doncic, he can play good defense and shoots the three really well, then Frank can be groomed to take his place and still get some minutes that Mathews and Brunson were getting.....

I thought this worked for both teams

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqhf4qv

Not that I would do this trade but if it did happen I would definitely think Ntilikina would be the replacement for Wes at the 2. He could be groomed to be that 3/D wing. His shooting I think would vastly improve under Dallasí coaching and system. I think to get this done though it would take a future 1st (not the 2019 1st).

still a fan
12-30-2018, 12:13 AM
Not that I would do this trade but if it did happen I would definitely think Ntilikina would be the replacement for Wes at the 2. He could be groomed to be that 3/D wing. His shooting I think would vastly improve under Dallasí coaching and system. I think to get this done though it would take a future 1st (not the 2019 1st).
why?

Both pG's struggle right now, one better on offense the other on defense Wes is expiring and Lee is a major help because he's a true two way player.....I don't think a pick is needed, the trade is fair

Mr.B
12-30-2018, 01:40 PM
why?

Both pG's struggle right now, one better on offense the other on defense Wes is expiring and Lee is a major help because he's a true two way player.....I don't think a pick is needed, the trade is fair

Because the Mavs are looking for more value than just Ntilikina for Dennis. DSJís defense has actually improved quite a bit this season. With that improvement heís clearly the better of the two players. So if the Knicks wanted Dennis they would need to add something like a future protected 1st to entice the Mavs to trade him.